Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2003, 11:36 PM   #201
Chris01
n00b

Hey Primelord I'm ready whenever you are it's 9:35pm pst. So hopefully you'll see this soon and we'll go from there.
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 11:42 PM   #202
primelord
Pro Rookie

I am ready to play right now. I will meet you in the Fml room. Password Fof.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:45 AM   #203
primelord
Pro Rookie

Chris and I got our game in tonight.

Saints - 34
Jets - 28

The game went into OT. Chris ended up returning a punt for over 100 yards in OT to win the game.

Good game Chris

Last edited by primelord : 02-15-2003 at 12:45 AM.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:52 AM   #204
Chris01
n00b

Damn good game Primelord. That was one of the best games I've played on Madden. Talk about back and forth. Anyhow good luck with the rest of your season. Take care.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:52 AM   #205
primelord
Pro Rookie

Dola,

I should add more to the description of our game.

It actually was a great game. Chris got up 14-6 early, but with 1 second left on the clock in the half I connected on a hail mary pass to Coles and convereted the 2 point conversion to tie the score at half time. In the second half we traded TD's including a tieing score by me with less than two minutes in the game that ended up forcing OT.

I won the toss in OT and drove a decent way down the filed before having to punt. In that drive I went for a very risky 4th and inches on my own 28 yard line. Chris came very close to stuffing me and that would have ended it right there because he was in FG range. He ended up forcing me to punt and took a risk by fielding my punt in his own endzone.

I hit his returner Stallworth several times during the return but he broke all the tackles and took it back for the winning score. It was a great game, but a very frustrating one to lose.

Great game Chris.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #206
RainRaven
High School JV

Join the club primelord in the area of heartbreaking OT losses Also, if the g/f allows it this weekend I may be able to get a game in since it looks like I will be snowed in most of the weekend (12-24 inches of snow forcasted through monday)
Old 02-15-2003, 11:20 AM   #207
primelord
Pro Rookie

Burnt, Chuck, and RainRaven,

I have pretty much all afternoon open to play games. My wife is out with her sister so if anyone wants get their game in with em let me know.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:24 PM   #208
Chuck127
n00b

RAIN RAVEN :

Im looking for ya let me know if u can get our Week3 game in today or tomorrow!
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #209
Chris01
n00b

Our week 5 and 6 games can start being played tomorrow? Am I right about that or not? Also Kodos if they can are you available anytime tomorrow I believe your Broncos play my Saints in week 5.
Chris
Old 02-15-2003, 01:57 PM   #210
Kodos
Resident Alien

You're free to start week 5 and 6 games at any time now. We can play today if you like.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 06:50 PM   #211
Raven
College Prospect

BigDPW, we play in week 5. Let me know when you are available.

I am going to play Vince (week #6) now, and I can play you either later tonight or some time tomorrow.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #212
Vince
Pro Starter

Good game between myself and Raven...we got disconnected, but there was less than 2 minutes, I had no timeouts, and his ball, so he gets the W. Watch those Titans...he likes to spread his D-Line and run Kearse right around your Tackles, making it extremely difficult to pass the ball. Good Game Raven.

Colts 13
Titans 21

EDIT: Again, sorry I had to just take off, but I have to go to work.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 02-15-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:19 PM   #213
Raven
College Prospect

Good game, Vince.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:48 PM   #214
BigDPW
College Prospect

Vince I should be able to play some Madden and get in our week 3 game tomorrow of Monday - same goes for week 5 Raven... Also whenever chargers are ready to go I will be ready for week 4 also...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:50 PM   #215
Chris01
n00b

I would have liked to get a game in today but I was doing some running around. Anyhow if you're free tomorrow maybe we could get our week 5 game in Kodos. Just get back at me and let me know. Thanks.

Chris
Old 02-16-2003, 05:52 AM   #216
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, to let anyone know, I've got work tomorrow at 12 PST...that means I should be available by 4 PST to play...I think I'm supposed to play Doug by about 5:30 PST, or whenever he gets back in town, but other than that, I'd be down to play a couple of games tomorrow.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #217
joegibbsjr.
n00b

RainRaven, your up next on my schedule. Let me know when is a good time for you.
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:43 PM   #218
Chuck127
n00b

RAIN RAVEN STILL WAITING FOR OUR WEEK 3 GAME!!!!
TODAY IS THE DEADLINE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-16-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:58 PM   #219
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
Well, to let anyone know, I've got work tomorrow at 12 PST...that means I should be available by 4 PST to play...I think I'm supposed to play Doug by about 5:30 PST, or whenever he gets back in town, but other than that, I'd be down to play a couple of games tomorrow.

Yeah, I am here and ready to play our games...can we make it 6 pst?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #220
Raven
College Prospect

BigDPW, I see you are online. Do you want to play our week 6 game right now?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:34 PM   #221
RainRaven
High School JV

I am snowed in... hence if anyone wants to play let me know and the g/f will more than likely give her wonderful permission If anyone wants to see some still snowing in action pictures that my g/f took go here: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1559393&uid=862246
Old 02-16-2003, 04:52 PM   #222
Raven
College Prospect

RainRaven, what part of Baltimore do you live in?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:53 PM   #223
RainRaven
High School JV

I live in Middle River which is just outside of Baltimore.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:17 PM   #224
Chuck127
n00b

Rain Raven I'm Excited to see your online. Can we set a time for tonight? Perhaps sometime aroung 9pm central or after maybe?

Let me know whats best for you!
Old 02-16-2003, 05:18 PM   #225
RainRaven
High School JV

bored out of mind....... la la la... bored out of mind... da de da
Old 02-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #226
RainRaven
High School JV

anytime tonight is good really, I am not going anywhere fast so let me know what is best! 10:00 eastern would be fine if that matches up with you.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #227
joegibbsjr.
n00b

RainRaven, I'd like to get up with you tonight too. I'm available now if you are.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:36 PM   #228
Chuck127
n00b

That sounds good Rain Raven about 10estern, I have to go out to eat tonight and should be back before that. I will post on here to confirm the time, It should be 10est!
Thanks,
Chuck127
Old 02-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #229
joegibbsjr.
n00b

RainRaven, if you read this in the next few minutes let me know if you can play tonight and when.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:29 PM   #230
Vince
Pro Starter

Doug, I'm down for 6 PST...I forgot I have to do invoices here at work after my shift (so instead of being off now, I've got a couple of hours to go). But I just have to get them done by midnight PST, so I can take a break to play some games. Hopefully my roommates won't need the TV at 6

I'll plan to meet you in the FML room with password "FOFC" Doug.

Also, if BigDPW is here, I'm down to play at some point tonight, so just let me know when!
Old 02-16-2003, 07:49 PM   #231
RainRaven
High School JV

I have been trying to get online but it seems as though the server is down I will keep trying throughout the night however.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #232
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, hopefully the server will be up. Sorry if I'm going to be a little late Doug, but I just finished here at work...should be home within minutes, so we can play soon!
Old 02-16-2003, 08:37 PM   #233
Chuck127
n00b

RAIN RAVEN,
I see your having trouble getting on to the server, I will check to see if your on at 10est....if u still cant get on at that time.....post here if u get through!
Thanks........

untill then Im gonna have a few Brews to relax!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:11 PM   #234
Vince
Pro Starter

Grah! Sorry Doug, my PS2 froze up as soon as we left halftime, and what a great game these both have been. Now it won't let me enter the FML room, even though I can see all of you guys in it. What's the password? I'm trying FOFC and it won't let me in. this is really annoying.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #235
Chuck127
n00b

Pass is Fof
Doug is waiting for u

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-16-2003 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:45 PM   #236
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, after a multitude of retries, three games combined to give Doug and myself a full game.

Final score:

Bills 30
Colts 27

In OT, inside the 10 yardline, Travis Henry fumbles and the Colts recover. After their offense absolutely sucked, a punt from their own endzone gave the Bills another try, and they don't mess around this time, kicking on 1st down to get the game winning field goal. Good game Doug.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #237
Vince
Pro Starter

DOLA

BigDPW, if you get on at some point tonight, I'm up for playing our week 3(?) game. Tomorrow, I'm open most of the day, however I can't speak for my sobriety, as we are having a giant sloshball game, Woodstock's Pizza (my employer) vs. the UCSB Bookstore, at 2. Therefore I'll probably be available by 4, and probably be a worthy opponent by about 10
Old 02-16-2003, 10:21 PM   #238
BigDPW
College Prospect

I should be available most of tomorrow except a portion of the afternoon (?4-7 EST?)

So Vince, Raven, and new Chargers owner email me, AIM me, PM me, catchup with me here and we can hook up for our games...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:35 PM   #239
Chuck127
n00b

I know everyone is getting frustrating with the disconnects in games and etc.....

I think it seems to be that we are having the most trouble when we try to play our games on the weekends....

Its gotta be due to TONS of other people on the server, think about it...Sunday night has to be the worst, because no one really has plans for sunday nights, and Saturday probabbly the same unless your out painting the town........

You can just tell by the amount of rooms that are created at each level and most of them are pretty full on the weekends....

Anyway sorry if I just bored you with this post, I was just thinking about it and figured that was the problem!

Old 02-16-2003, 10:41 PM   #240
RainRaven
High School JV

I should be able to play on monday, I only have two things to do... write some of a paper... and more importantly sled in this nice snow that cancelled classes
Old 02-16-2003, 11:33 PM   #241
Chris01
n00b

Hey Kodos and Chuck whens a good time for you guys to get together and knockout are week 5 & 6 games just go ahead and IM me or drop a line here and we'll go from there. Thanks fellas.

Chris
Old 02-16-2003, 11:44 PM   #242
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, I spotted JoeGibbs a 17-0 lead in the first half, with the aid of multiple interceptions. I managed to cut it to 17-10 in the late third or early 4th, and got the ball back with a chance to tie. However, Griese's fourth interception of the day sealed my fate, as it set up a field goal that made it 20-10. Good game, JGJ. At least I made it interesting for a while...

Soon I will be reduced to a spoiler role. Speaking of that, when do you want to play, Chris? I have tomorrow off, so let me know what time works for you.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-16-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:08 AM   #243
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

BigDPW, and new chargers owner....I will be available sometime tonight to play our week 5 (or 6) game. Post a time that is good for you and we can probably get a game in.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:56 AM   #244
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Good Game Kodos!!!! You had me sweating that comeback in the 3rd. I think both times I've beaten you for the season your WRs didnt show up for the game. Good Luck on the rest of the season!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 01:36 PM   #245
RainRaven
High School JV

I can play today just about anytime, just drop me a line and we can hook up.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #246
RainRaven
High School JV

Anyone?
Old 02-17-2003, 05:37 PM   #247
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here are the results so far. I decided that rather than awarding 20-0 wins in the case of forfeits, 0-0 will be the recorded score for the game, but a win will still be awarded to the person who attempted to play. This will make calculating average points per played game easier, and eliminate the arbitrary 20-0 score that I originally came up with.

All week 1 and 2 games have been played, but there are still several week 3 and 4 games that have not been played. The deadline for playing them was last night. Those games are:

Chiefs at Bears
Patriots at Colts
Dolphins at Chargers
Chargers at Patriots

Please try to get these games in tonight, or the forfeit rule will be applied. If you are having server problems or other reasonable problems getting a game played, please let me know. If you have made an effort to schedule games but haven't gotten cooperation, let me know. Obviously, burntorange has not made an effort to get in contact with his opponents, and we will go ahead and make both games involving San Diego a Charger forfeit if he fails to show up by midnight.

WEEK 1

BILLS 10 at CHIEFS 23
DOLPHINS 14 at REDSKINS 17
BRONCOS 0 at CHARGERS 0 (Chargers forfeit)
PATRIOTS 20 at BEARS 17
JETS 38 at TITANS 27
COLTS 9 at SAINTS 31

WEEK 2

JETS 0 at CHARGERS 0 (Chargers forfeit)
BEARS 24 at DOLPHINS 10
CHIEFS 24 at COLTS 27
SAINTS 45 at BILLS 7
TITANS 17 at BRONCOS 13
REDSKINS 35 at PATRIOTS 14

WEEK 3

JETS 28 at SAINTS 34
*CHIEFS at BEARS
BRONCOS 8 at REDSKINS 29
*PATRIOTs at COLTS
DOLPHINS 0 at CHARGERS 0 (Chargers forfeit)
TITANS 21 at BILLS 17

WEEK 4

SAINTS 31 at CHIEFS 0
BEARS 24 at BRONCOS 14
REDSKINS 21 at JETS 16
DOLPHINS 2 at TITANS 17
CHARGERS 0 at PATRIOTS 0 (Chargers forfeit)
BILLS 30 at COLTS 27

WEEK 5

BRONCOS at SAINTS
CHIEFS at REDSKINS
BEARS at JETS
COLTS at DOLPHINS
BILLS at CHARGERS
TITANS at PATRIOTS

WEEK 6

JETS at CHIEFS
SAINTS at BEARS
REDSKINS 20 at BRONCOS 10
CHARGERS at DOLPHINS
PATRIOTS at BILLS
TITANS 21 at COLTS 13

Last edited by Kodos : 02-17-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #248
RainRaven
High School JV

I am still trying to play my Week 3 game, but if he isn't around tonight I would be very open to getting eithier the week 5 or 6 game played tonight.. just post a good time I'll be checking in every so often.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:09 PM   #249
RainRaven
High School JV

Anyone up to playing after about 10:00 p.m eastern time?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:07 PM   #250
RainRaven
High School JV

Anybody at all up for a game?????????!!!???