Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2006, 01:08 AM   #201
Vince
Pro Starter

Sweet...the worst starter in my secondary is a 97 overall
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #202
Vince
Pro Starter

Looks like some guys on the Willow Glen Wanderers are...

QB's McNabb and JP Losman
RB Chris Brown
WR's Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin
-- and then I got drunk and couldn't finish figuring out who I had.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #203
chinaski
College Prospect

hmm, i have 80+ players, im confused.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #204
chinaski
College Prospect

but i do have Ron Mexico!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #205
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski

I've been told that once we have carrer mode in play - the roster number will be dropped to reflect a more realistic number.
kentontrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #206
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:

I've been told that once we have carrer mode in play - the roster number will be dropped to reflect a more realistic number. But
Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #207
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:

I've been told that once we have carrer mode in play - the roster number will be dropped to reflect a more realistic number. But when
Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #208
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:

I've been told that once we have carrer mode in play - the roster number will be dropped to reflect a more realistic number. But when the game was set up - it was set up so playing people out of their 'natural' possition would give some sort of penalty.

Last edited by kentontrace : 04-01-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #209
Vince
Pro Starter

Let's say I drafted DT's (RDT, LDT), but completely ignored NT's (same with MLB's and LILB/RILB's). I can't seem to find a place to make sure I run a 4-3 defense so that my total scrubs at NT and RILB/LILB never see the field. Is this possible?
Old 04-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #210
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentontrace
I've been told that once we have carrer mode in play - the roster number will be dropped to reflect a more realistic number. But when the game was set up - it was set up so playing people out of their 'natural' possition would give some sort of penalty.

Picking up the rare quadruple dola.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #211
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Been a crazy two days since leaving work yesterday. Had karate at 7 so I knew I had a couple minutes to check my newly drafted team. Turn on the PC, nothing happens. DAMN! Power supply shot, didn't want to do it myself, bring it to the shop, get the pc back today at lunch. Replug the whole shebang and the thing is acting all crazy on me, going to standby mode by itself, then rebooting, then shutting down. Bring it back , they change the power supply again, not really knowing what is happening. I picked it back up after our second hour of karate of the day at 3:30 and now just get to look at my roster. Not all bad, could have been much better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Let's say I drafted DT's (RDT, LDT), but completely ignored NT's (same with MLB's and LILB/RILB's). I can't seem to find a place to make sure I run a 4-3 defense so that my total scrubs at NT and RILB/LILB never see the field. Is this possible?

I'd go to advance playcalling and at first select all the possible situations and set the formation to 100% at 4-3 and 0% everywhere else. Then tweak the thing for other situations. Only way I see it possible...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 04-01-2006 at 04:05 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #212
kentontrace
n00b

FrogMan is right - Advance play calling is the only way to make sure your NT never sees action.

Please note that you can only use basic or adv. if you set your basic it over-rides any adv playcalling you set.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #213
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. Well, I was messing with advanced playcalling, and when I went to set my punt stuff, I noticed that the "1st Down" thing got clicked...accidentally or not, I'm not sure. So I backed out of advanced playcalling, at least for today (punt formation 100% of the time on 1st down and any situation = bad).

How long do games take to be simmed? I know our games start right about now...when do we get to see the results?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #214
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- is there any way to read the play-by-play without knowing the result beforehand? (That's something I hate about HT too)
Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #215
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Dola -- is there any way to read the play-by-play without knowing the result beforehand? (That's something I hate about HT too)

I think if you go to schedule, by week, you get a chance to read the play by play and unless you scroll all the way down, you won't see the score...

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #216
kentontrace
n00b

Each game takes between 2-4 mins to sim -

FrogMan again is on top of things - the site used to have a dynamic link menu - which was taken down when the domain switch occurred - Again something else i've been told - this will be back soon - they tell me that they are going to update the dynamic linking - and it will be back on the site (this allows easier access to the play by play without having a spoiler)
Old 04-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #217
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Each game takes between 2-4 mins to sim -

hrm, but when is it updated on the site? I mean gametime was supposedly at 6:05pm eastern and it's now close to 7 and still no scores are showing. Not super anxious, just wondering when I'll see if I got schooled big time

Quote:
FrogMan again is on top of things

sorry, don't want to take away from your knowledge of the game, we'll need you, badly

I just went from how I saw it while browsing league #273...

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #218
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
hrm, but when is it updated on the site? I mean gametime was supposedly at 6:05pm eastern and it's now close to 7 and still no scores are showing. Not super anxious, just wondering when I'll see if I got schooled big time

Good, I was beginning to think I was crazy
Old 04-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #219
Vince
Pro Starter

Heh, FrogMan, yours is the only boxscore up.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #220
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Heh, FrogMan, yours is the only boxscore up.

thanks, reading it right now...

Quote:
C-Player #1552 snaps the ball to QB-Player #1859... QB-Player #1859 passes 86 yards to TE-Player #880 for a TOUCHDOWN!!!

Frogs up 7-3 halfway through the first quarter

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #221
Vince
Pro Starter

I won't spoil anything for you
Old 04-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #222
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

wtf is that?!?!?

QUARTERTIMEDOWNYTGLOSSCOREPLAYCALLING
HOME (FrogMan)AWAY (twins15)OFFENSIVE (FrogMan)DEFENSIVE (twins15)
103:50110[FrogMan-17]73Special Teams-Punt, Punt-Middle4-3 Normal, Safety Blitz
C-Player #1552 snaps the ball to P-Player #1625... P-Player #1625 punts down the middle 52 yards from [FrogMan-17] to [twins15-31]... LE-Player #1009 runs to [twins15-42] for 11 yards... RT-Player #2684 made the tackle.

we're on offense, 1st and 10 and we punt, gotta have a talk with the o coordinator on that one...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #223
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, and this just happened a second time...

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #224
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

double dola, and now on a 2nd and 10, some serious playcalling changes are in order...

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #225
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Maximum Football being used as the sim engine?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #226
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

borken dola...
Quote:
72-yard field goal is no good.

oops...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 04-01-2006 at 06:11 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #227
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

damn, that 72 yards fg try was followed by this:
Quote:
QB-Player #2608 passes 38 yards to TE-Player #2522 for a TOUCHDOWN!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #228
Vince
Pro Starter

Are you using advanced playcalling, Frog? When I was setting up my punting logic, after I saved, I noticed that the 1st Down box had been checked, and I'm pretty sure I hadn't done that.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #229
gstelmack
Pro Starter

No kick or punt return yards, no sacks tracked despite sacks being taken in the game. I did hold my run-heavy opponent to 0-15 on 3rd downs...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #230
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

yeah, I used the advanced playcalling and that was one ugly game, let me tell you this. I had planned to tweak it some more last nght but the computer downtime really killed me. I'll think about some basics that I want to set and will work on it. We will get better, that's a guarantee! (no talks about a win for now though )

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #231
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

the good news for me is that 3 our of four teams in my divisions lost, weehee

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #232
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

and wow, other scores in my division, other than my 14-29 loss, were 6-3, 9-3, and 6-3 again. Talk about a bunch of field goal kickers!!!

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #233
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Talk about a bunch of field goal kickers!!!
FM

And I take the cake, I think. 18 points, 6 field goals. From 20, 38, 60, 57, 20, and 53.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #234
Vince
Pro Starter

Damn. When you select "All Passing" on the Basic Gameplan screen, they aren't kidding.

Total Pass Attempts: 67
Total Rushes: 0
Old 04-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #235
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. Interceptions, kicking stats, and some others don't seem to be showing up in the Box Scores.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #236
Ramzavail
College Starter

stats look a bit unrealistic.

tackles are low, no PR, no KR, no punting, opponent had one RB with 63 rushing attempts (eddie george?)
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #237
kentontrace
n00b

you guys are all troopers - i've never tried all passing or all running

As for your problem FrogMan - you arent the first - i've punted on 1st down for an entire first half in one of my games - and still won the game 16-14

as for the FGs - I've also kicked 90 yard FGs so sometimes a mistake is made during the adv. playcalling set-up.

Just stick with it - there are a few things that adv. playcalling will do that will throw you off - at times all the top boxes will get checked - this happens when you switch from off to def or vice versa.

**As for the comment about Maximum Football...please dont - that makes me want to cry lol **
Old 04-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #238
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail

tackles are low, no PR, no KR, no punting, opponent had one RB with 63 rushing attempts (eddie george?)

I really don't look for super realistic stats, instead I see this as the Hattrick of Football. I Hattrick, you can win game 10-0, that is not realistic either...

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #239
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail

not all stats are being recorded yet. if you notice on your play by play - it doesnt tell you who is making the tackles - but on kickoff and punts it is - that is where the tackles are coming from.

Please keep in mind while playing this game - it has just, in the past 3 months, really starting to take off from a development point - So a load of changes are scheduled and will be put into play within the months to come

Last edited by kentontrace : 04-01-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #240
Vince
Pro Starter

Kent -- are the incorrect/nonrecorded statistics a known bug?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #241
Vince
Pro Starter

Gotcha.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #242
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:
Kent -- are the incorrect/nonrecorded statistics a known bug?

if you find incorrect stats - please let us know (such as you have a running back that breaks a 90 yard run but only has 60 yards rushing for the game) Otherwise the stats just aren't being recored yet.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #243
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I don'T know how the total team yardage is calculated but it's kind of weird. Says I have 439 yards but box score says I have 89 yards rushing and 101 yards passing...

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #244
kentontrace
n00b

its total yards - so punt returns and kickoff returns (i think) are added in.

*dont quote me on this - but i think it adds in any yards you gain in the game*
Old 04-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #245
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
its total yards - so punt returns and kickoff returns (i think) are added in.

*dont quote me on this - but i think it adds in any yards you gain in the game*

yeah, that total would make sense with that definition. Not that doing so makes sense, adding these that is, but the 439 yards makes more sense now...

Thanks.

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #246
Franklinnoble
Banned

So, how is it I averaged under 3 ypc, and my opponent averages over 5 ypc???

Either I'm stupid, or the game is. Or both. It's happened before.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #247
kentontrace
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
So, how is it I averaged under 3 ypc, and my opponent averages over 5 ypc???

Either I'm stupid, or the game is. Or both. It's happened before.

whats the problem? ypc = ? lol i just want to make sure i know exactly what we're talking about - and i hope i can answer you.

are you talking about your yards per completions?
Old 04-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #248
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
whats the problem? ypc = ? lol i just want to make sure i know exactly what we're talking about - and i hope i can answer you.

are you talking about your yards per completions?

ypc = yards per carry, or average rush in the boxscore

FM
Old 04-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #249
kentontrace
n00b

whoops - i thought he was the one that tried the all pass 'o' - lol

Franklin - what kind def did you have set up??
Old 04-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #250
chinaski
College Prospect

interesting box score, to say the least :/
http://www.tokenleaguefootball.com/m...ixtureID=67168

500 yards and only 7 points? Both teams 1 of 16 on 3rd downs, in a 30-7 game? 84 and 100 plays?