Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #201
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i notice a game i watch where one team didnt call a single timeout.

i think in real life college teams at least call 2 timeouts or more in a game.

But this game is very solid. Total pro basketball is great, but TCB is even better.

There are plenty of coaches who like to take them home. Howie Dickenman at Central Connecticut State would go the whole season without calling a timeout if he had his way.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #202
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
There are plenty of coaches who like to take them home. Howie Dickenman at Central Connecticut State would go the whole season without calling a timeout if he had his way.

It should be pointed out that this is the extreme exception to the rule.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:09 PM   #203
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
It should be pointed out that this is the extreme exception to the rule.

He said 'a' game.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #204
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
He said 'a' game.

It's happened in a number of mine as well.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #205
Icy
Pro Starter

Patch 1.2 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski
http://72.29.67.246/GDS/TCBv1_2.zip

For anyone who updated to 1.1 already you only need to overwrite your TCB.exe file with the one here. If you are updating from 1.0 you need both files in this zip.

1/28 version 1.2 released
----------------
- fixed RTE 91 trying to access media section when not employed
- added ability to fire coaches with no penalty prior to recruiting starting
- fixed bug allowing you to hire assistants for jobs they should not be interested in
- fixed bug allowing you to sign assistant coaches for any amount in offseason
- fixed bug allowing redshirted or inelligible players to be placed in sub matrix
- fixed bug not updating "Drive" rating category when importing edited data
- properly displays updated player ratings after importing edited data
- fixed duplicate player issue
- fixed RTE 91 after played out games where "back" button was used before game
- fixed RTE 11 creating elite lineage coach
- fixed issue with assists credited after scores on offensive rebounds
- fixed bug not revoking scholarships from recruits that don't meet a school's SAT minimum
- fixed RTE 91 after purchasing reports
- fixed RTE 3163 at seasons end caused by having too long a name for the tournaments
- fixed bug trying to intentionally foul out of zone defense
- added options to create only certain HTML pages
- fixed bug not allowing immediate switches of offense and defense
- courts will now correctly be displayed for conference tournaments
- altered distribution of players on all conference teams
- fixed RTE 91 when playing out Bracket Breaker Sunday games
- fixed bug allowing you to set defensive strategies to more than 100% total
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #206
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Brilliant!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #207
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Awesome, I was waiting on this to finish my first season of my dynasty
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #208
Emiliano
College Prospect

Great!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 AM   #209
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I started a new league and had a problem with my last game for the SF Dons. It is bracket buster Sunday and when I go to play the game I get "Run-time '91': object variable or With block variable not set"

The screen shows 3 players as FirstName before going to the error. Game crashes at that point.

Note: I went back in and tried simming the game and it went fine. The bracket buster game (out of conference game that comes after the conference games - in place of a conference tourney, I'm guessing) might be a problem to look at though.

Gary, you fixed the bracket breaker game, so I was able to play past it. Now I can't play my first game in the WCC tourney. Same exact error as stated above.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #210
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Im assuming this is with a modded file - try doing this. Take a court from the courts folder, copy it and rename it WCC.jpg and see if it allows you to move past then
Old 01-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #211
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had the same problem, except I got a RTE 53 I think. I had to rename the court, Sun Belt.jpg (I believe it was a jpg and not a gif) to get past the Sun Belt Conference Tournament. Now, I'm off to play my first NCAA Tournament game!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-29-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #212
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm going to review all the court names in the logos pack now to be sure that are working properly, i coul dnot test them before as the court logos were nto enabled until this patch version.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #213
Icy
Pro Starter

Update: you're right, all the conference courts are wrong named as they were not being used before the 1.2 patch. I'm renaming them correctly now and will upload a new installer in a few minutes.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #214
Icy
Pro Starter

all-in-one installer updated to 1.2 with the following changes:

1.2 changes:
- Renamed all the conference courts to be used by the game after patch 1.2
- Added Outlaw77's ingame sounds
- Added Rockpsl76 new faces

http://www.prodeportes.com/tcb/TCB-RealPack12.exe
Old 01-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #215
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Any word on a TPB update for importing draft classes?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #216
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Any word on a TPB update for importing draft classes?

Quoted for emphasis

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #217
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Am I just lucky? I started with Kennesaw State, the lowest Prestige (0) in the Atlantic Sun. My three seasons so far:

2005: 19-11 (9-7)
2006: 19-10 (10-6)
2007: 23-8 (12-4)

In '07, I won the Conference Tourney even. Prestige has gone from 0 to 11 in three seasons.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #218
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I won my conference tournament, but I wish I could do that well Skydog.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #219
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

So far, my start has been good with Sacred Heart, but I think I started with a good group of players and I'm wondering how good I'll do in subseqent years. I see it your case, you're doing on heck of a job.

Are you just recruiting well?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:52 AM   #220
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Im assuming this is with a modded file - try doing this. Take a court from the courts folder, copy it and rename it WCC.jpg and see if it allows you to move past then

Yes, this is using ICY's files. Thanks for the quick response. If I had paid more attention, I could have fixed it right away. The game loaded after I copied WDC to and renamed to WCC. Close enough for me.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 AM   #221
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Yes, this is using ICY's files. Thanks for the quick response. If I had paid more attention, I could have fixed it right away. The game loaded after I copied WDC to and renamed to WCC. Close enough for me.
I released yesterday an updated all in one autoinstaller with the right conference courts renamed to fix that crashes and also included some more addons. I couldn't test the courts before because they were not enabled and that caused the crashes after the 1.2 update. Sorry about that.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:41 AM   #222
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So far, my start has been good with Sacred Heart, but I think I started with a good group of players and I'm wondering how good I'll do in subseqent years. I see it your case, you're doing on heck of a job.

Are you just recruiting well?
I'm not sure I'm recruiting all that well (no ranking that I can find). I've landed one player rated "B" overall, (but he's just a freshman now), and everyone else has been a "C."

FWIW, I was picked to finish 8th in the Atlantic Sun my fourth season, and we went 19-11 and won the conf. tourney again. That was after having lost four starters from the previous year's team. We'll be relatively stacked going into next year, having lost only one guy who saw significant minutes in the 19-11 season.

EDIT: I mean, I started with a poor coach (or whatever the worst setting was), and the worst team in the game, and I'm 80-41 with two conference titles. Granted, I've done some heavy tinkering with my depth charts and game plans, but I don't think I'm *that* good already.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-30-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #223
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I'm not sure I'm recruiting all that well (no ranking that I can find). I've landed one player rated "B" overall, (but he's just a freshman now), and everyone else has been a "C."

FWIW, I was picked to finish 8th in the Atlantic Sun my fourth season, and we went 19-11 and won the conf. tourney again. That was after having lost four starters from the previous year's team. We'll be relatively stacked going into next year, having lost only one guy who saw significant minutes in the 19-11 season.

EDIT: I mean, I started with a poor coach (or whatever the worst setting was), and the worst team in the game, and I'm 80-41 with two conference titles. Granted, I've done some heavy tinkering with my depth charts and game plans, but I don't think I'm *that* good already.

Definitly a little concerning.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:52 AM   #224
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
I mean, I started with a poor coach (or whatever the worst setting was), and the worst team in the game
You started with the worst prestige in the game - but did you compare the relative talent levels in the conference? In other words, are you winning "flukey" or do you have talent enough to win at the levels you are experiencing?

Last edited by WSUCougar : 01-30-2006 at 01:37 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #225
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Youy started with the worst prestige in the game - but did you compare the relative talent levels in the conference? In other words, are you winning "flukey" or do you have talent enough to win at the levels you are experiencing?
Well, with my crappy scouting, it is hard to tell. Point being, I can't help but wonder if I'm experiencing the same issue that was in the initial release of BBCF: initial talent not tied enough to initial prestige. Doing a reload of the 2005 season, there were three schools that were 20ish+ or more higher than me in prestige, and only one other team in the Atantic Sun starts out below 10. I'm guessing that it is a talent gap (lack of) issue.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #226
hoosiergoody
Mascot

Most of what I have seen has been pretty good for how teams really fare. I would think that K.St.'s players are ranked "too highly" for them coming in as a DI this year vs. D2 in previous years... ??
hoosiergoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #227
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I would love to see the players season stats when looking at the starters on the pre game screen. It lists their height, weight, and year in school... I would also like to see their ppg and other note worthy stats... actually there is enough information on the "view starters" screen once in the game. I would like to see the above stats added to the first page when you want to play/watch a game, where it lists just the starters names. That data would look good there.

A few things so far:

1. Highlight team when looking in media section under all three headings.
2. When reading the top story of two top teams getting ready to play eachother, the players position and name need a space between them, it looks like this now: PGKerry Haralson. Purely cosmetic I know.
3. I would love to see a sort by "NCAA" on all screens that have team search capabilities. The same in simming games.
4. Game "remembers" when playing a game, I like sim speed at 8, enable auto-subs "on", and pause at all stops "off"... I hate setting this every game.

Game has been quite fun thus far and a big reason why I'm not anxious for BBCF 1.1

Old 01-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #228
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Once the little kinks are worked out, I'm hoping that HTML output will be added to help us dynasty writers
Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #229
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

The game already contains HTML output - login to your league as the commissioner and you will see the HTML option.

As for the Kennesaw State stuff - first the game doesn't know that its a new D1 program - as far as the game is concerned its just a school that has X prestige and players are generated accordingly. Also at those schools one somewhat decent player makes a big difference so maybe Ben just got lucky when the initial rosters were created.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #230
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Also at those schools one somewhat decent player makes a big difference so maybe Ben just got lucky when the initial rosters were created.
I don't think so. I'll have to double-check when I get home, but I don't think I had a player on the All-Conference first team until the second or third season. If my success had been due to just one or two standout players, it would have been easier to understand, but based on talent, I'm getting picked to finish middle-of-the-pack or worse each year, and end up at the top of the conference. Coaching is important, but shouldn't be THAT important, should it?

I played out another season right before I left this morning, and against finished at the top of the conference. I lost the Conference Championship game, but nearly won a game in the NIT against someone who should have been quite a bit better.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #231
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The game already contains HTML output - login to your league as the commissioner and you will see the HTML option.

Wow. I can't believe I missed this. Thanks for the info
Old 01-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #232
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:
Coaching is important, but shouldn't be THAT important, should it?

Out of curiousity what kind of strategies/offense/defense are you running?
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #233
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottVib
Out of curiousity what kind of strategies/offense/defense are you running?
I'll have to look when I get home, but it is heavily personnel-based.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #234
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

How come every time I try to play the download, I get a message saying "This Trial has expired?"

Don't you get to play a single game year before it locks up? I really want to give the game a shot but I can't seem to. I've deleted, and re-downloaded the demo many times.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #235
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Following up on my previous post. I did almost upset St. Johns with my UNO Privateers in the NCAA tournament, but most of the time that I've played a team much better than me (20 or more prestige points) I've been killed. I'm in the middle of getting beat badly by Marshall right now (they are 25 prestige points higher.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-30-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #236
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
How come every time I try to play the download, I get a message saying "This Trial has expired?"

Don't you get to play a single game year before it locks up? I really want to give the game a shot but I can't seem to. I've deleted, and re-downloaded the demo many times.

Sounds like you downloaded the demo to retail patch and not the demo. The demo is not wrapped with eLicense at all.

You can get the demo here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads.php?id=54
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #237
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Argh. I'm still getting the RTE 53 with my saved game when I try to play my conference tournament. The court files are all JPGs. I've loaded ICY's most recent file. What to do?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:21 PM   #238
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Argh. I'm still getting the RTE 53 with my saved game when I try to play my conference tournament. The court files are all JPGs. I've loaded ICY's most recent file. What to do?

I got that RTE when one of them was misnamed. Pay close attention to the exact name of the pic it is asking for when you get the error, and check to see if it is named properly in the court directory. Rename it if isn't. Perhaps Icy had a single typo when he renamed all of the court files?

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-30-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 PM   #239
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I did almost upset St. Johns with my UNO Privateers in the NCAA tournament
Old 01-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

I'm surprised you hadn't popped into the dynasty thread yet. Then again, the title of the thread gives no idea that I started with UNO (since I plan on bolting as soon as Southern Cal offers me their job.)
Old 01-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #241
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I'm surprised you hadn't popped into the dynasty thread yet. Then again, the title of the thread gives no idea that I started with UNO (since I plan on bolting as soon as Southern Cal offers me their job.)
I haven't visited the dynasty forum in a week. I guess while you're at UNO, though, I should enjoy the ride. Go Privateers!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #242
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Thumbs up

Quote:
I got that RTE when one of them was misnamed. Pay close attention to the exact name of the pic it is asking for when you get the error, and check to see if it is named properly in the court directory. Rename it if isn't. Perhaps Icy had a single typo when he renamed all of the court files?
Yup, that did the trick. The court file for the American East Conference wasn't named AEC.jpg

Thanks, EF!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #243
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup, that did the trick. The court file for the American East Conference wasn't named AEC.jpg

Thanks, EF!

Glad to help
Old 01-31-2006, 04:37 AM   #244
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks, EF!
It is properly named AEC.jpg in my PC, i wonder if you downloaded the latest one before i edited the link (that was pointing to the old file for an hour or so after i announced it). Anyway i'm glad you found the problem.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:21 AM   #245
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
It is properly named AEC.jpg in my PC, i wonder if you downloaded the latest one before i edited the link (that was pointing to the old file for an hour or so after i announced it). Anyway i'm glad you found the problem.
Yeah, that was the strange part. I even went back and downloaded it again (twice) to be sure. Anyway, no harm done.

By the way, Icy, great stuff with the mod. That makes a huge difference to me in terms of immersion. But where is the "face pack" (Rockpsl76 new faces) when the file installs? Is it hidden in the original face file?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:48 AM   #246
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, that was the strange part. I even went back and downloaded it again (twice) to be sure. Anyway, no harm done.

By the way, Icy, great stuff with the mod. That makes a huge difference to me in terms of immersion. But where is the "face pack" (Rockpsl76 new faces) when the file installs? Is it hidden in the original face file?
Yeah, the faces are put into the original faces folder along with the default ones, it adds like 200 new faces if i'm not wrong, so you will get more variety on the random faces generated for new recruits.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:50 AM   #247
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Thanks, Icy.

Couple tidbits to report after the season ended. One cause for concern is that the national All-American team was comprised of four centers and a power forward, with two more centers and a power forward on the 2nd team. Yikes.

Second, why are the assistant coaches salaries all guaranteed for the length of the deal? It was my understanding that version 1.2 made the staff hiring process more flexible at the beginning of the dynasty, but apparently that is not so between seasons?

Finally, a question related to transfers and how open scholarships are calculated. It said a transferred player won't be available until next season (which I understand), but it seemed that the scholarship situation was dependent on the current season. In other words, I had no open scholarships in 2006 but would have five available in 2007, but it said I had none open for a transfer in 2006 (who would first be eligible to play in 2007). Is that how it really works?

Having a blast with the game, by the way. My backwoods Maine recruit at PF looks to be a well-developed inside force on offense. First look at his ratings and he's already a "9" on inside shooting, a "7" on offense, and and a "5" on defense. That's good news for the Black Bears.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 01-31-2006 at 09:52 AM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 AM   #248
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

I guess this thread is no longer worthless then....
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 AM   #249
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Thanks, Icy.

Couple tidbits to report after the season ended. One cause for concern is that the national All-American team was comprised of four centers and a power forward, with two more centers and a power forward on the 2nd team. Yikes.

Second, why are the assistant coaches salaries all guaranteed for the length of the deal? It was my understanding that version 1.2 made the staff hiring process more flexible at the beginning of the dynasty, but apparently that is not so between seasons?

The All-American team is comprised of the ten finalists for the "Norton Award" - I guess it just so happened that those were all centers and PFs I guess. If this is a common thing I'll take a look at the criteria for the the Norton Award winners.

The assistant coaches can be fired without penalty from the point where you buy the scouting reports to the point when you sim the first week of recruiting and that holds true for new and current dynasties.

Check the game into screen and be sure that it says version 1.2 just to be sure
Old 02-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #250
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Loaded up this game for the first time in weeks. Started a new career with UNC, just won the semifinal game 98-90, popped up the boxscore and realized that there no way my points added up to 98. In fact, they added up to 58 while my opponent's added up to 76. Checked the previous game and the box score didn't jibe with the result on that one either. Anyone else seen this?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote