Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #201
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
One thing that I've noticed and really like is that the fatigue effect is noticable. White runs over the defense in the 4th quarter, but he isn't nearly as dominant if I use him in the 1st or 2nd quarters. So, right now my plan is to wear out the defense with Bush's speed in the first 3 quarters, and then plow over them in the 4th with White.

I agree, this is cool. I noticed it by using the matchup stick to see how far across the green bar is filled. If you do it before and after they are fatigured you'll notice that the bar goes down. I'm guessing this essentially means that their ratings drop as they fatigue. Nice little touch!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #202
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

What sub-in/sub-out percentages should I use? I'm going to restart my Memphis dynasty when I get home in about 15 minutes, and I want to get a decent start. Also, should I crank up all of the penalties or just some of them? I'll probably jack 'em all up at first and then bring them down if holding or false starts happen too often, for instance.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #203
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I have all penalties all the way up in my Miss dynasty and I've yet to see a holding or a false start after two games. In fact, there still aren't many penalties at all really. I've seen an offensive pass interference, a 5-yard face mask and two 15-yard face mask calls and thats it.

I think sub percentages were posted a page or two back.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:59 PM   #204
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Dola. Some other observations:

I've had a lot of interceptions as well. I've had two user picks and probably 4 CPU (cpu controlled DBs on my team) picks in my two games. Two of those were taken to the house, including a 106 yarder that completely swung the momentum of one of my games.

Also, I had a 103 yard kickoff return for a touchdown and also a 64 yard punt return for a touchdown. Needless to say I've been dominating my games in the score department, but the yards have been pretty close for the most part.

I seem to by having quite a bit more success on kickoffs and running through the line by just using the directional pad and no other "helper" buttons. The "soft" juke has worked the best for me by far, and I love the little stutter juke! It hasn't been that effective yet, but it's very cool nonetheless.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 07-12-2005 at 06:00 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #205
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
DVDPlanet still doesn't show it has having been shipped yet...

weird, I already have mine from them.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have all penalties set to the highest setting. I've seen 1 holding, a few clipping, and a bunch of facemask penalties. I haven't seen anything else. Right now, I'm keeping all penalties maxed, but I might eventually drop the facemask penalty a bit.

As far as sub in/sub out, different people have different opinions. I like 70/85 or 75/90. I'm going with 70/85 right now.

Oregon did the best job of hanging with USC and it was good to play my first "B" team and see them remain semi-competitive, but we blew it open in the 4th quarter thanks to a bad interceptions by their QB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #207
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I played my first race for the heismann game on varsity, I was playing Ohio State vs. Miami of Ohio

I won 72-0
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #208
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Anyone seen a change of girlfriends in the picture>?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #209
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Yes please answer this most important question!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #210
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

first girl just looked like a 40 year old crack ho.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #211
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I probably won't play RFTH until I start getting bored with my dynasty. I like recruiting too much to make RFTH a primary mode for me.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #212
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
first girl just looked like a 40 year old crack ho.
So that's about the typical Big-12 girlfriend right?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #213
jbmagic
Pro Starter

you guys liking NCAA 2006 better than Madden 2005 so far?

i hope the running game on NCAA 2006 is in Madden 2006 when it comes out.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #214
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I can't even figure out how to see it except for a brief second when I go to the computer screen.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #215
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
you guys liking NCAA 2006 better than Madden 2005 so far?

i hope the running game on NCAA 2006 is in Madden 2006 when it comes out.

quite honestly i think I like Madden 2005 better, but I've only played a couple games so that opinion could change
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #216
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sigh.

My vow to not buy this game lasted all but 18 hours. Just ordered from dvdplanet.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #217
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Sigh.

My vow to not buy this game lasted all but 18 hours. Just ordered from dvdplanet.

You know FOFC is evil. You've no one to blame but yourself.

My running total of "games bought due to FOFC hype" is well over a dozen now, I'm sure.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #218
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
You know FOFC is evil. You've no one to blame but yourself.

My running total of "games bought due to FOFC hype" is well over a dozen now, I'm sure.

I don't know what I was thinking. Somehow over the past week I convinced myself that I could click on this thread and just admire those who did have the game but be strongwilled enough to not purchase it myself. I barely made it to page two before I busted out the credit card.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 07-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #219
davidlando1
Mascot

Quote:
Sigh.

LOL excellent
davidlando1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #220
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

So what's the final verdict? Yes, no, maybe so? Hold off until some good sliders come out ... I'm so itching to buy this game but I don't know if I can look past some scrub QB with some outstanding numbers.

Fellas?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #221
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Oh mannnnno.

#7 Michigan @ #2 Iowa

I am at halftime, playing in the freezing rain in a defensive stalemate. Greenway and Hodge (Iowa's studs at LB) have been terrorizing Mike Hart, holding him to 50 yards on 15 first half carries. Iowa's RB's haven't faired any better.

This game is 0-0 at the half. I love old school Big 10 football.

Well, what happened?
MizzouRah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #222
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
So what's the final verdict? Yes, no, maybe so? Hold off until some good sliders come out ... I'm so itching to buy this game but I don't know if I can look past some scrub QB with some outstanding numbers.

Fellas?

My verdict? Get it.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #223
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have all penalties set to the highest setting. I've seen 1 holding, a few clipping, and a bunch of facemask penalties. I haven't seen anything else. Right now, I'm keeping all penalties maxed, but I might eventually drop the facemask penalty a bit.

As far as sub in/sub out, different people have different opinions. I like 70/85 or 75/90. I'm going with 70/85 right now.

Oregon did the best job of hanging with USC and it was good to play my first "B" team and see them remain semi-competitive, but we blew it open in the 4th quarter thanks to a bad interceptions by their QB.

I'm kicking mine up to 75% out 85% in. As for penalties, all maxed out.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #224
mrsimperless
College Prospect

What do the sub in/out settings actually do? Stuck at work right now daydreaming about the game... Hopefully this is something I can change while in the midst of a dynasty if it is important?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #225
Philliesfan980
Banned

Just played my first "coach only" game tonight. Default AA, maxed out penalties. Won 35-7 , Penn State (myself) vs. USF. Good stuff so far.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #226
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
What do the sub in/out settings actually do? Stuck at work right now daydreaming about the game... Hopefully this is something I can change while in the midst of a dynasty if it is important?

sub out will take your starting player out of the lineup when he has a certain fatigue %.

sub in will put the starting player back in the lineup when he has a certain fatigue % back

all depends on your setup.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #227
jbmagic
Pro Starter

for the people that deep into there dynasty,

how is The CPU with clock management at end of games for NCAA 2006?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #228
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Haven't played a close game yet, but the cpu did a good job of conceding victory when they were down by 30+ with minutes to go. No timeouts and they subbed in all their backups (as did I). It was kinda weird not seeing a single impact player circle on the screen.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #229
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Fellas?
I'm not willing to declare it the greatest console football game ever. I'm not sure if I like it better than Madden 2005, yet. However, I'm sure that I like it very much right now. I can't remember any console football game that has ever kept me playing for 12 hours straight (with minor breaks to give my hands a rest as I'm taking now.) This game has been a blast for me today. I just had a close game against ASU and they have a stud linebacker that actually "held" Bush to just over 5.0 YPC They also became the first team to hold him under 100 yards. I think the team ratings and player ratings are very important in this game. Blowouts and "unrealistic" stats will occur when a strong team is playing a weak game. I no longer feel a bit guilty throwing the long ball because ASU defended that well too.

Oh yeah, I've had some dropped passes, but none of them have been too unrealistic, and it is certainly better than last year. I've been above 50% passing in every game so far (although barely in 2 of them.) My opposing QB has been over 50% in 4 of the games, and under 50% in 2 of them where my defensive line just absolutely terrorized them.

Edit: I'm playing on default All American and seeing good results. I do have all penalties maxed out and I finally saw a defensive interference call in my last game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-12-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #230
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:

Fellas?
From the 2 games I played: Id hit it!
Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #231
Airhog
Captain Obvious

well crap, I was planning on waiting. but getting it for 40$ at dvdplanet was an offer I couldnt pass up. Hopefully it will get here friday and I can play it all weekend long

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #232
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I got the game for 29.99$ by trading in GT4, and Im happy.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #233
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Ok so now that I have to wait 5-10 days, who is going to do us all a favor and document a dynasty over at the dynasty forum?

Come on.. Come on!
Old 07-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #234
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok so now that I have to wait 5-10 days, who is going to do us all a favor and document a dynasty over at the dynasty forum?

Come on.. Come on!

I think Pumpy said he was going to do a video dynasty?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #235
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not willing to declare it the greatest console football game ever. I'm not sure if I like it better than Madden 2005, yet. However, I'm sure that I like it very much right now. I can't remember any console football game that has ever kept me playing for 12 hours straight (with minor breaks to give my hands a rest as I'm taking now.) This game has been a blast for me today. I just had a close game against ASU and they have a stud linebacker that actually "held" Bush to just over 5.0 YPC They also became the first team to hold him under 100 yards. I think the team ratings and player ratings are very important in this game. Blowouts and "unrealistic" stats will occur when a strong team is playing a weak game. I no longer feel a bit guilty throwing the long ball because ASU defended that well too.

Oh yeah, I've had some dropped passes, but none of them have been too unrealistic, and it is certainly better than last year. I've been above 50% passing in every game so far (although barely in 2 of them.) My opposing QB has been over 50% in 4 of the games, and under 50% in 2 of them where my defensive line just absolutely terrorized them.

Edit: I'm playing on default All American and seeing good results. I do have all penalties maxed out and I finally saw a defensive interference call in my last game.

I agree EF. I'm not quite up to the task of #3 Texas tonight.. the fair was tonight and I'm a bit tipsy.. don't want to attempt a game vs Texas.. especially since several key recruits are watching this game closely.

I love this game.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, in my most recent game I was seeing "too many" dropped passes. So, I decided to up the slider for both CPU and Human just 10% (2 notches.) Now, in the second half, I haven't seen even one dropped pass where the guy wasn't slammed into right as he was trying to catch it.

Therefore, I think the good news is that IF you think there are too many dropped passes, sliders should help fix the problem. They seem much more responsive this year

Edit: I'm playing my first game with a recruit attending. It is very exciting

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-12-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #237
Suicane75
Coordinator

I almost bought this from DVDPlanet last week but decided to wait, stupid me. Just ordered tonight, hope it arrives by Friday.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #238
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
I almost bought this from DVDPlanet last week but decided to wait, stupid me. Just ordered tonight, hope it arrives by Friday.

Of all people, I would have thought you had it already and were on vacation or something.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:22 PM   #239
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Of all people, I would have thought you had it already and were on vacation or something.

I broke out 2004 last weekend and said to myself "why spend $50 when im having fun with this". But online play was just too big a lure.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #240
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'll get the video going for my next game against UT-Chattanooga, which I'll play tomorrow evening. I got blown out by Ole Miss, 76-44. I'm glad that didn't get recorded on video.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:41 PM   #241
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After bumping the WR catch sliders up those 2 notches, I only saw 1 wide open dropped pass in the 2nd half from either side. We beat Arizona 42-16 and I got my first soft verbal committment from the recruit that was at the game! I'm so excited, but I have to go to sleep due to work tomorrow
Old 07-13-2005, 12:06 AM   #242
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I just beat Vandy 77-7 with Ole Miss and default AA sliders. I put my backups in at halftime, and my crappy O-line still threw their defensive front starters around like ragdolls. Hmmm, maybe a slider tweak is needed at this point as these teams should've been fairly evenly matched and Vandy was at home.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 AM   #243
Its Vanilla
High School JV

I simmed a season in the RFTH mode, just to see what happens. I was a pocket QB for Boston College.

The girlfriends get much hotter as you go along. Also, sophomore year's dorm room is much nicer than freshman years.
Its Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #244
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Just finished my 3rd game, with WSU and Oregon. I lost to WSU 24-19 in the 4th. It seems that my team lost momentum in the second half. With receivers dropping passes,ai sniffing out my different running schemes and my rb suffering fumblitis. A fun game at outzen stadium anyways. The glaring thingwas my rbs fumbling 4 x and qb throwing an errant pass for int with 2 min to go on a potential game winning drive. It seems also that the ai teams rb is pretty strong and gets passed a mass of dls and my whole secondary.
One thing is for sure though, this game is the most fun NCAA Football since 2000!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:31 AM   #245
TroyF
Coordinator

I started a dynasty with the Buffs and played one game. Default AA sliders, penalties maxed out, save face masks, which were put halfway.

The game was a blast. Charles and Vickers pounded the ball well against the Rams. Charles had 29 carries for 145. Vickers had 11 carries for 88 yards. Klatt went 11-22 for 185 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT. (both were deserved) For the Rams, Holland went 15-35, but he was getting abused all game. I sacked him 5 times and pressured him another 14. The game was 9-6 CSU going into the fourth quarter.

I had a long drive capped by a short TD run. CSU then threw a long TD pass to go back up 16-13. That's where it ended for them. On the next drive, Klatt hit Kloppenstien (the TE) for a 38 yard TD pass. Hit the seem perfectly. Holland was sacked and fumbled the ball on the first play after the kickoff. Vickers ran it in from 20 to pretty much seal the deal.

I added a cheap TD late after CSU gave it up on downs inside the twenty.

All in all, I had one heck of a fun game. I think this is a keeper.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:34 AM   #246
TroyF
Coordinator

Dola,

I played 8 minute quarters and there were 9 penalties in the game:

3 holding penaltied (all on CSU)
1 clipping penalty on a punt return
2 procedure penalties (both on me)
2 pass interference penalties (one on each side, mine was actually me controlling the LB. I got burned by the TE and I kept bumping him all the way up the field)
1 Face Mask.

Sounds like 9 in a game is a bit of an aberation here. We'll see how things go from this point forth.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:32 AM   #247
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I haven't played NCAA for a while...and I'm still using the ESPN football control scheme (oops). I did a bit better as Ohio State vs Miami (OH) and won going away 45-19. I was down 19-10 until I hit a 4th-down hail mary 80 yard TD pass with only 3 minutes left! I stopped them on D, then got the ball back and scored. I then ran up the score with Troy Smith and my RB Heisman guy. I only got like 70 yds and 2 TD though

All this on Varsity!!!

(Shrug) we'll see how it holds up.

Any crappy players can play me on XBL. KingNeb is my GT on there. PM me with a time you'll be on
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:17 AM   #248
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

I concur. I got the game around 3PM with my buddy still at my house from the night before. It's 5AM, and he just left. We completed an entire season of Bearcats football on 5min quarters. He was the opponents, and my Cats finished a paltry 4-7. Ouch!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:58 AM   #249
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I really like the game so far.

Anybody else having as much trouble kicking as I am? UK's kicker is rated 80 but I'm still having lots of trouble with the accuracy part. I just missed two extra points in a game, and kicked it out of bounds numerous times on kickoffs. I'm just not used to the meter in the game. As I've probably mentioned before the last NCAA game I played was 2002 and the last Madden was 2004, and the kicking meter isn't like either of those two games. When press X to stop the power meter, I think the bar disappears or something and there is a delay in it coming back down. So I usually stop the accuracy part way too early, or if I try to wait on it usually it's too late.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:19 AM   #250
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Do small schools like Cornell still have generic stadiums?

Someone may have answered this already, but William and Mary definately has a generic stadium...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote