Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2005, 07:13 PM   #201
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Man, these European clubs got some weird, but cool, names.

Everytime you appear you TV, do you receive a fee, or is it done on the year, regardless of how many times you make the TV? If the later, does television apperances have any other effect expect the television money?

I think you just get the fee for the year, but I'm not sure to be honest. Hopefully, one of the other readers can answer more clearly. I do know that each club gets an annual fee for TV rights.

I agree that the European Clubs have some wierd cool names

I'm not sure but I suspect that TV matches add more pressure to the players and can help fan attendance if you have a good showing, but that is just speculation on my part.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #202
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The physio states that the following players need rest:

David Wright
Darren Ward
Stuart Elliott
Jason Roberts

We need to add some depth so I can start giving these guys some rest.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 PM   #203
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 13, 2008 -

Ben Rix is finally back from his injury.

Newcastle's Kevin Keegan has been sacked. Huub Stevens and Peter Taylor are believed to be the leading candidates to take the kob.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 14, 2008 -

Today we travel to play against Hull. This match will be televised and I really want the team to look good today. Hull is one of my favorite teams and they have several good players in their lineup. Keeper Matt Murray has played very well this year. Centrebacks Richard Hinds and Leigh Bromby are a very good pair of defenders. Their star striker Curtis Bernard is injured for this game and his 12 goals will be missed. Jonathan Walters their other main striker will have to step up big this game for them. Their midfielders have not been playing that well and hopefully we can dominate the ball in that portion of the field to enable us to get an effective attack generated.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 40's today.

GK: Paddy
DL: Hudell
DC: Wall
DC: Ward
DR: Wright
ML: Lunt (giving Elliott some needed rest)
MC: Kelly
MC: Rix (back from injury)
MR: Teale
SC: Graham
SC: Janse (giving Roberts needed rest.)

S1: Gerken
S2: Taylor
S3: Moreau
S4: Elliott
S5: Harrold

The Tv announcers are saying that Matt Murray in goal will be Hull's key player. Gary Teale will be our key player. The announcers believe we will most likely play a boring game that will end in a draw.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #205
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Hamshaw with a corner kick finds Bromby by the near post.. Bromby outjumps Wall.. heads it.. into the upper left hand corner of the goal.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

9 minute mark: Beautiful play down the field.. first Ward passes to Kelly who puts it onto the left wing for Elliott.. Elliott with a quick long cross to Teale inside the right corner of the box.. Teale finds Janse with a quick pass.. Janse shoots it immediately.. upper right corner of the net.... GOAL!!!! 1-1.

18 minute mark: Paddy stops a pointblank shot from Westlake.

21 minute mark: Rix with a great pass to Janse in the box.. he is tackled.. Teale gets it.. shoots.. barely over the bar!

29 minute mark: Teale crosses to Kelly.. who draws two defenders.. plays a perfect pass between them into the box.. Graham is all alone.. he dribbles once.. to the right of the keeper.. blasts it into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-1.

30 minute mark: Westlake takes a direct kick.. a midfielder heads it to Bett who has the ball wide open in the box.. Bett shoots.. powerful shot.. upper right corner.. Paddy dives.. it's past him.... into the net. GOAL. 2-2 tie.

32 minute mark: Wright plays the ball down the right sideline.. Teale gets it int he right corner of the pitch.. Teale with a powerful curving cross.. it's over the keeper's head.. Graham is by the far post.. he heads it.. GOAL!!!!! 3-2! Graham headed it in. So much for a slow boring game.

Halftime: We are up 3-2. Hull has over 22,000 fans here today.

54 minute mark: Graham and Lunt play a terrific two man game all the way down the left side of the field.. culminating in a pass into the box from Lunt to Graham.. Graham shoots.. over the keeper's shoulder.. it clambers off the bar.

56 minute mark: Bett gets a yellow card for a trip on Kelly.

57 minute mark: Hamshaw gets a yellow card for holding Rix's jersey.

On the ensuing free kick.. Rix kicks it to Lunt just inside the box.. Lunt passes it between two defenders to Graham.. he gets it wide open 10 yards from the net.. Graham shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him.. GOAL!!!!! 4-2.. That is Graham's hat trick!

69 minute mark: Hull's fans are starting to leave early!

71 minute mark: Paddy stops a shot from Bett from 15 yards out.

75 minute mark: Janse gets a yellow card for elbowing Cort.

Game over. 4-2 win.

We outshot them 13-12 (9-8 on goal)

Graham and Teale both had 10's for form. Janse, Kelly, Rix, and Lunt all had 9's for form. The remainder of the team had 8's for form.

Graham won MoM, 27 of 28 passes, 0 of 0 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, and 3 goals.

The TV announcers say that they are shocked with how well we played, and we are sure to be delighted with the result. I have to agree that we are delighted with this result, and hopefully the morale boost can get the entire team playing better. I can't help but notice we have had our best games when I've sat Roberts... He is our most talented striker, but many of the team members dislike him because he demanded to be traded. Perhaps, I need to keep sitting him.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: The board have informed me that they are thrilled with the team's latest win.

Gary Teale has been playing so well that I decide to praise him to the press and say that if the team follows his example we will be climbing up the league standings soon.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #207
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 15, 2008 -

As the end of the year approaches, I realize that I need to look at the guys whose contract are expiring soon:

Darren Ward - This 30 year old centreback is still one of the team's best players. He is a very solid defender. I need to resign him. He is currently making 23,000/week. I decide to contract his agent. The agent informs me that Ward feels the team has grossly underachieved and Ward has no plans to resign with the club. I decide to offer him the maximum amount the board will allow - 19,000/week. I also offer a 400,000 signing bonus.

David Right - This 28 year old right fullback/centreback is a very solid all-around player. He is currently making 26,500/week. I contact his agent and the agent informs me that Wright has no intentions of resigning with the club. I offer him the max the board will allow - 19,000/week along with a 400,000 signing bonus.

David Graham - The 30 year old striker still has some skills as evidenced by his last game. He is currently making 14,000/week. I contact his agent and he says that Graham wants 14,000/week plus 900/goal to sign an extension for an extra year. He also wants a 70,000 signing bonus. I counter with a 3 year extension, but up the bonus to 100,000.

Jason Roberts - The 30 year old striker mostly relies on speed which will presumably be diminishing soon. Also, since he is disliked by the team I decide that I will not offer him a new deal. I also lower my asking price for him down to 1.4 million to see if any club will take him now. I also decide to actively shop him at this point.

Dean Gerken - This 23 year old backup keeper is better than any other I have right now. I decide to see if he wants to come back as a backup. I contact his agent and see that he is asking for 3,400/week for 2 year extension along with 950/appearance and 150/clean sheet. This seems like a fair offer, so I make that offer to him.

Leighton Baines - The 24 year old left fullback/left winger is a key player for my club. He is currently one of the highest paid at 35,500/week. The board is cutting back on the financial reins and I'm not sure we will be able to resign him, but he is a key player whom I really want to resign. I contact his agent. His agent is requesting 35,500/week along with a signing bonus of 160,000. The board will only allow me to offer 19,000/week. I decide to offer him the 19,000/week along with a signing bonus of 700,000 dollars.

It should be noted that the board is restricting wages because we are currently 44,000 over their expected wage budget of 190,000/week (which is 50,000 lower than what they promised when I took over )

Fortunately, the remainder of the team is under contract.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-21-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #208
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 16, 2008 -

Gary Teale was selected to the English Championship Team of the Week.

Our fans inundated the local newspaper with praise for Teale.

David Graham has signed a new 4 year deal that will almost certainly keep him with the club until he is ready to retire.

Backup keeper, Dean Gerken has signed a new contract with the team.

The board rejected my request to make more money available for current wages.

Leighton Baines has rejected our offer, but he is willing to negotiate. Unfortunately, it appears that I will have to let Baines go in favor of some cheaper talent at the position.

Darren Ward has rejected our offer. We are not nearly as far apart with him as we are with Baines. I up his bonus to 600,000 dollars to see if he will sign.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #209
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 18, 2008 -

Sedan's Georges Ambourouet has been granted a conditional British Work permit to come join the team and is set to sign for us.

The 190,000 dollar deal will be completed on January 1st, 2009.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #210
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 19, 2008 -

Darren Ward has rejected my latest offer. I will not be offering him another deal unless he lowers his demands later in the year.

I've offered Runcorn 36,000 dollars for a young defender/defensive midfielder named Liam Nicell. He is raw at the age of 23, but could play for us in a pinch. He is currently only making 650/week, and he would be better than most of my backups as of right now.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:12 PM   #211
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 20, 2008 -

David Wright has rejected my contract offer. I will not be offering him a new deal unless he lowers his demands later in the year.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:17 PM   #212
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 20, 2008 -

Today we will be hosting Crewe. Crewe are currently in 17th place while we are in 21st place. Crewe's best player has been midfielder Shane McFaul is a good young player. Their top striker, Stefan Moore, is suspended for this game due to 5 yellow cards. Left fullback Mark Roberts is a good defender. None of their players are having top notch seasons except for Stefan Moore. With his suspension, this *should* be an easy win.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's breezy with temperatures in the low 40's today.

ML: Lunt
MC: Rix
SC: Elliott (finally have the midfield depth to play him up there like I've wanted to do.)
SC: Janse

S2: Roberts
S3: Moreau
S4: Graham
Old 02-21-2005, 09:28 PM   #213
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Edwards gets a good shot on our goal from 17 yards.. nice save by Paddy. We've been pressuring the attack and that was their first good offensive.

24 minute mark: Wilson gets it from their centreback to start the counterattack.. Wilson feeds it to Edwards.. Paul Edwards shoots from 30 yards.. vicious curve to the shot.. It sails over Paddy's left shoulder.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

31 minute mark: Stephen Dawson elbows Kelly.. Red card for Dawson.. he is ejected!

Halftime: Down 1-0.

We've dominated time of possession, but have no shots on goal. They have 2 shots on goal.

64 minute mark: Ben Rix is injured by Wilson.. Rix can't stay in this game. I decide to sub Harrold on in the midfield.

80 minute mark: Lee Bell gets a yellow card for tripping Kelly.

92 minute mark: Lee Bell gets a 2nd yellow card for tripping Kelly.

Game over. 1-0 loss.

We were outshot 5-2 (2-0 on goal)

Mario wins MoM, 20 of 29 passes, 8 of 10 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 2 interceptions, 5 runs.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:50 PM   #214
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Ben Rix bruised his jaw and will be out for about 5 days.

David Wright, Darren Ward, and Stuart Elliott all need rest according to the physio.

Hull have paid 2.6 million to sign Mark Noble from West Ham. The 21 year old midfielder will be a nice addition for them.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:00 PM   #215
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 22, 2008 -

Marseille have agreed to my offer for Fabrice Begeorgi. I've contacted his agent and they want 13,500/week plus 12,000 signing bonus. They also want a 800,000 release clause. I decide to raise that to 3.2 million and offer him everything else he is requesting.

Runcorn have accepted my offer for Liam Nicell. Nicell wants 1,200 per week as well as a 2,000 signing bonus. That seems reasonable so I agree to the terms.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #216
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 25, 2008 -

Darn it! Gary Teale came to me in a private meeting today and told me that he has ambitions of winning major trophies. He likes me and likes the club, but he wants to move onto a higher level of competition. I tell him that I'll do what I can to see that his dreams are accomplished. He is 30, and if I get a good trade offer for him, I'll seriously consider taking it.

Liam Nicell agreed to our offer. He states that he is very enthusiastic about playing for such a well-supported club.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #217
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 25, 2008 - (Later in the evening)

Marseille's Fabrice Begeorgi has agreed to our contract offer. The 650,000 dollar deal can now be completed and the trade will be finalized on January 1st, 2009.

This 21 year old French Striker appears to have a superb touch around the net, and he is currently valued at 4.2 million. I feel like this is my biggest steal yet and he should be an immediate starter assuming he can adjust to the English game and language.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #218
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Your on a roll tonight, pumping out alot...(do you play in a minimized window and type as your play?)
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 26, 2008 -

We are currently in 22nd place. Today we host 20th place Watford. Watford is led by star striker Danny Webber. Centreback Fitz Hall is a very good defender. Keeper David Preece is a veteran keeper who is quite good. Midfielder Michael Higdon has played very well this year and has been a key distributor of the ball. There is a lot of dissension on their club and morale is rumored to be very bad. This could aid us in beating them.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 40's today.

GK: Kenny
SC: Graham
SC: Janse

S2: Roberts
S3: Nicell
Old 02-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #220
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your on a roll tonight, pumping out alot...(do you play in a minimized window and type as your play?)

I type into a small Notepad window and then copy and paste into this thread during down times.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:22 PM   #221
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Teale with a nice cross to Graham who gets it just outside the box.. unleashes a great shot towards the upper left corner of the goal.. the keeper dives.. barely tips it over the bar.

44 minute mark: Dobson trips Graham just outside the box.. Lunt shoots the free kick.. barely over the bar.

The defenses really dominated the 1st half. 0-0 at the half.

We have a little over 10,000 fans here today.

49 minute mark: Lunt collided with Danny Webber.. Webber is hurt.. he is going to have to leave the game.

81 minute mark: Kelly with a great through ball into the box.. Graham shoots.. barely wide left.

Game over.. 0-0 tie.

We outshot them 4-2 (2-1 on goal)

They played very defensive all day and kept too many guys back to really generate an effective attack.

Fitz Hall won MoM, 24 of 34 passes, 6 of 6 tackles, 8 of 8 headers, 3 interceptions.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #222
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I think you just get the fee for the year, but I'm not sure to be honest. Hopefully, one of the other readers can answer more clearly. I do know that each club gets an annual fee for TV rights.

I agree that the European Clubs have some wierd cool names

I'm not sure but I suspect that TV matches add more pressure to the players and can help fan attendance if you have a good showing, but that is just speculation on my part.

Yeah, I think for TV games, you get an additional fee - on top of the rights associated for the division as a whole.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:11 AM   #223
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Ugh. Tough stretch. Keep up the fight, Ef.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #224
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It has indeed been a tough stetch. Are fans and the board still behind you?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:47 AM   #225
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Post Match Info:

Ben Rix bruised his jaw and will be out for about 5 days.

David Wright, Darren Ward, and Stuart Elliott all need rest according to the physio.

Hull have paid 2.6 million to sign Mark Noble from West Ham. The 21 year old midfielder will be a nice addition for them.

I don't know for you, but I've found that Ward often needed to be rested when he first got with my QPR team. Now in his second season with us, he's the one that I rest on any Cup match that I can...

Good luck with him, he's indeed a good centreback...

FM
Old 02-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #226
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This has been a tough stretch. The board is still behind me, just not as firmly as they were when I first stepped on the pitch as manager. Fans seem to be still behind me as well.

As far as Ward, he is a good centreback, but he is getting up there in age, and more importantly he wants more money than the board will allow me to pay him

I'm hoping he will lower his demands as the season progresses, but there is a good chance that we will be losing him (along with Roberts, Wright, and Baines)

The board yanked my funding when I got here down to 190,000/week and we are now 52,000 over and that is causing them to restrict salaries that I can offer to re-sign guys.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 31, 2008 -

Several players that my scouts have viewed are about to have contracts expire. I decide to approach a few players about singing Bosman contracts.

Pape Sarr - a 31 year old midfielder from Senegal who is still a fantastic passer, a dynamite marker, and great at controlling the ball in the midfield. He is currently making 16,500/week and I'm offering him the same to come play for us.

Jonathan Spector - This 22 year old centreback from the USA has 27 caps and 4 goals for the USA National Team. He has played the last 3 years for Werder Bremen but is reportedly unhappy and wants to leave. He is currently making 3,600/week. His agent states that he has no interest in comin to Wigan, but I decide to try to overwhelm him with money. I offer 19,000/week and 400,000 signing bonus.

Paul Longthorn - This 23 year old English midfielder is currently playing for Coventry. He lacks good speed, but he has everything else I look for in a midfielder. He states he isn't interested in coming to play for us, but I offer him 15,000/week anyway.

Yossi Benayoun is a 28 year old attacking midfielder from Israel. He has all of the qualities that are necessary to make my preferred 4-3-1-2 offense work (Kelly doesn't have the attributes to make that formation work at this level IMO.) He wants 23,000/week, but the board will only allow 19,000/week. I offer him that and 500,000 signing bonus (he wanted 340,000.)

Wellington Paulista is a 25 year old striker from Brazil (also French nationality) who is a top quality finisher. He is currently making 3,600 a week. He is due for a big pay raise. He is reportedly a very hard worker who never gives up on a play. He wants 20,000/week along with a 40,000 signing bonus. I offer him 19,000/week along with 60,000 signing bonus.

Dayro Mauricio Moreno is a 23 year striker from Colombia. His agent states that he wants to move into English Football. He has 7 caps, so it is questionable if it will be enough to get a work permit. He is asking for 17,500/week, but my AM feels he will be top notch and an essential member of the team (as he does with most of these signings) and that we should offer him 19,000/week. I agree and offer him 19,000/week along witht he 10,000 signing bonus that he is asking for.

Danny Spiller - This 27 year old defensive midfielder is playing very well for Gillingham in the Championship this year. He is seeking 22,000/week along with a 280,000 signing bonus. I offer him 19,000/week along with a 400,000 signing bonus.

That is it for now. I also have my eye on Ricardo Osorio, a very good Mexican Centreback who has over 70 caps. His contract will become Bosman Eligible at the end of January. I definitely plan on offering him a deal at that time.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:40 AM   #228
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2009 -

As I think about it more, I realize I better get some coverage for left and right fullback. My scouts have looked at a few good players for these positions. Left Fullback Pavel Mares is particularly intriguing. He is a superb quality left fullback. He is already 32, but he still has great skills according to my scout. He is currently making 9,400/week. I contact his agent and he states that the player wants 9,600/week along with a 12,000 signing bonus. My AM agrees that this player would be an essential member of the squad. I decide to offer him 10,000/week and increase the minimum fee release clause the player is asking for to 1.6 million.

Pavel's contract expires in just 1 month so he could be arriving very soon to help the team.

Also, Boris Zivkovic is a Croatian legend who has over 70 caps and can play right or left fullback as well as centreback or midfielder. He is still very talented. He is currently making 30,000/week but once his contract becomes Bosman eligible at the end of January I'll approach him and see if he wants to come play for us.

Finally, I look at Vadim Yevseev. He is a 32 year old Russian national player. He is getting old and his skills are starting to decline. He only wants 8,200/week to play for us. My AM thinks he would be a backup and we should limit our offer to 5,000/week. I agree with my AM and just offer him 5,000 to come be insurance.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #229
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2009 -

Today Mr. Whelan called me into his office and told me that he is still sure that the team made the right decision in hiring me to be manager.

Real Madrid's Fernando Cavenaghi (one of my favorite "finds" in CM 03/04) won the World Footballer of the Year award. Thierry Henry of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Jose Antonio Reyes of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Roma's Rodrigo Ferrante Taddei has won the World Player of the Year award. Robinho of Barcelona came in 2nd, Arjen Robben of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Cavenaghi won European Footballer of the Year. Henry came in 2nd, and Robben came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Petr Cech has won European Goalkeeper of the Year. Tim Howard of Manchester United came in 2nd, and Manuel Almunia of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Manchester United's Cristian Chivu has won European Defender of the Year. Ashley Cole of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Igor Tudor of Deportivo came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Manuele Blasi has won European Midfielder of the Year. Patrick Vieira of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Robben of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Thierry Henry won European Striker of the Year. Cavenaghi came in 2nd, and Louis Saha of Manchester United came in 3rd.

Coventry's Marc Bridge-Wilkinson has won the English Championship Player of the Month. Rohan Ricketts of Nottingham Forest came in 2nd, and Tommy Miller of Ipswich came in 3rd.

Coventry's Anthony Grant has won young player of the month. Lee Holmes of Derby came in 2nd, and Magnus Troest of Reading came in 3rd.

Ipswich's Leroy Rosenior has won Manager of the month. George Burley of Charlton has come in 2nd, and Micky Adams of Nottingham Forest came in 3rd.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-22-2005 at 11:49 AM. Reason: mispost
Old 02-22-2005, 11:54 AM   #230
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2009 -

Gabonese fullback Georges Ambourouet from Sedan has arrived and we have paid them 190,000.

The player is reportedly very reliefed to be at a team that will finally use his talents.

FC Koln's Simon Rolfes has arrived and we have paid them 280,000 for the transfer. This 26 year old midfielder is a very talented defensive midfielder who can also play left wing some.

French Striker Fabrice Begeorgi has arrived from Marseille today and we have paid them 650,000 dollars. Fabrice is thrilled that his "hell" at Marseille is over. He was sick of constantly being on the sidelines there.

Finally, Bescia's 22 year old forward Alberto Giuliani has arrived. We have paid them 1.4 million for this talented young striker. I can't wait to see him on the pitch.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:09 PM   #231
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 2nd, 2009 -

Darren Ward came into my office today and told me that he really wants to play in the EPL. He'd like me to try to transfer him if possible. He is 30, but still very talented. I'll definitely consider moving him if we get a good offer.

Racing's Yossi Benayoun has agreed to come play with us when his deal ends. WTF?!? I don't have enough transfer moneys to sign him? WTF?!? The game thinks I offered his team 5 million dollars for him!?!? Apparently, I offered a transfer deal for him? I don't remember doing so. In any case, I have to back out of that deal. He becomes a Bosman player next month and I'll offer him a deal then.

After I withdraw my transfer offer, I see that I could apparently offer him a deal before he became a Bosman but it automatically had me compensating Racing 5 million dollars! I'll approach him again when he is actually a true Bosman player.

Deportivo's 23 year old midfielder Abel Enrique Augilar has accepted my offer. He will be able to come to the club at the end of January (no transfer fee, he REALLY is a Bosman) if his WP gets approved.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-22-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #232
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 3, 2009 -

Paul Longthorn's agent stated that his client has no intentions of dropping down divisions and would not be willing to come play for us.

Pape Sarr has agreed to come join us as he is hoping we will give him more regular first team football.

Aguilar's WP hearing is set for January 17, 2009.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #233
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
January 2nd, 2009 -

Darren Ward came into my office today and told me that he really wants to play in the EPL. He'd like me to try to transfer him if possible. He is 30, but still very talented. I'll definitely consider moving him if we get a good offer.

Racing's Yossi Benayoun has agreed to come play with us when his deal ends. WTF?!? I don't have enough transfer moneys to sign him? WTF?!? The game thinks I offered his team 5 million dollars for him!?!? Apparently, I offered a transfer deal for him? I don't remember doing so. In any case, I have to back out of that deal. He becomes a Bosman player next month and I'll offer him a deal then.

After I withdraw my transfer offer, I see that I could apparently offer him a deal before he became a Bosman but it automatically had me compensating Racing 5 million dollars! I'll approach him again when he is actually a true Bosman player.

Deportivo's 23 year old midfielder Abel Enrique Augilar has accepted my offer. He will be able to come to the club at the end of January (no transfer fee, he REALLY is a Bosman) if his WP gets approved.

Seems to have happen a few times to you...

Last edited by SunDancer : 02-22-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #234
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 3rd, 2009 -

Today we host Aston Villa in the third round of the English FA Cup. Aston Villa is a masterful team led by a large number of stars. Keeper Roy Carroll is the backup but still plays well when he plays. Aston Villa is currently 5th in the EPL and has been playing very well lately. Midfielder Gilberto has been playing very well for them. Centreback Martin Laursen has been leading their defense. Keeper Leo Franco has played very well. Striker Juan Pablo Angel is their leading scorer with 6 goals. Striker Darius Vassell also has 6 goals on the year for them. Attacking midfielder Paul Ifill also has 6 goals for them. They will be tough to beat.

They are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

DL: Ambourouet
MC: Rolfes (Kelly needs some rest)
SC: Begeorgi
SC: Giuliana (throwing both new strikers into the fire.)

S2: Janse
S3: Nicell (my new D/DM RC)
S5: Kelly

Finally we have a list of subs who I won't mind bringing onto the pitch.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #235
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Seems to have happen a few times to you...

Yes. I guess I should have been looking at the expiration date of his contract a little more closely....

Hopefully, my gaffe doesn't prevent him from signing with me when he actually does become a Bosman.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:42 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just as the game is about to start I get word from my AM that Jonathan Spector has signed a new big money deal with Werder Bremen and will not be coming to join us. That would have been a major signing, but I never expected to get such a talented youngster.

5 minute mark: Ward with a key defenisve play.

9 minute mark: Gareth Barry abuses wright to get the ball to Vassell in the box after a sick dribble.. Vassell shoots a hard shot from 10 yards.. Paddy with a great block to save it.

11 minute mark: Paddy with another very good save of a Vasselll shot.

12 minute mark: Their midfield steals it from Rolfe and Barry with a great pass to Angel in the box.. Angel with an amazing shot that was lightning quick.. right into the upper right corner of the net.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

20 minute mark: Paddy stops two more quick shots.

They are completely dominating time of possession.

22 minute mark: Begeorgi with a brilliant dribble past three defenders into the box.. passes to Giuliani who shoots.. barely wide left.

29 minute mark: wolfe with a strong dribble down the middle of the pitch.. draws two defenders.. threads the pass between them.. one still back with Begeorgi.. he puts a spin move on him.. shoots for the upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is out of his reach.. GOAL!!!! 1-1!!

37 minute mark: Wall with a key defensive play.

41 minute mark: my new left fullback witha key defensive play.

Halftime: Tied 1-1. We played much better in the last 15 minutes. We have over 25,000 fans here today supporting us.

51 minute mark: wright with a big tackle of Angel in the box. Strong clean defensive play.

55 minute mark: Ambourouet with another great defensive play and a strong pass to Lunt.

62 minute mark: Paddy with a nice save of a point blank shot from Angel.

68 minute mark: Gareth Barry with a great pass into the box.. Luke Moore a fresh sub gets it.. powerful shot.. lower left corner.. Paddy dives.. can't get to it.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

74 minute mark: Kelly on for Rolfes who is tired and Nicell on for Ward who is tired.

79 minute mark: Nicell with a good play on a corner to head it away from danger.

88 minute mark: Nicell with a nice tackle of Angel in the box.

Game over. 2-1 loss. I thought this was one of the best games my team has played. We fought really hard but were overmatched.

We were outshot 23-3 (14-1 on goal)

Paul Ifill won MoM, 50 of 53 passes, 0 tackles, 4 of 5 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 run, 1 assist. He and Gareth Barry both had 10's for form.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 4, 2009 -

Vadim Yevseev has signed a new 4 year deal with CSKA Moscow. Hopefully, we get our other bigger target for right fullback.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #238
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 5, 2008 -

Wellington Paulista has agreed to sign a Bosman deal with us and will be joining us on July 1st, 2009.

David Wright asked me to move him as soon as possible because he wants to play in the EPL. I tell him that if an EPL team offers a deal, I'll be glad to accept it so he can fulfill his dreams.

Dayro Mauricio Moreno has agreed to sign with us. His WP hearing will be on Jan. 19, 2009.

Gillingham's Danny Spiller has rejected Gillingham's offer and agreed to sign a deal with us. The 27 year old midfielder will be signing after his current contract with Gillingham expires.

Pavel Mares has agreed to sign the deal that we offered him. The talented left fullback will be joining the team on Feb 1st, 2009 when his current contract ends.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #239
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 7, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Gillingham. They are currently in 13th place. We are in 22nd. Gillingham has a very good team. They are led by midfielders Andrew Crofts and Danny Spiller (who will be coming to join us soon) but Spiller is injured for this game. Striker's Darren Byfield and Neil Mellor each have 15 goals! Darren Byfield is injured for this game. Only 2 other plays on the team have scored at all (1 goal each) and the team will certainly miss Byfield today. Keeper Steve Phillips has played very well and the 30 year old is known for his exceptional reflexes. Centreback Daniel Cunningham is good, but the remainder of the line has been suspect at times this year.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's today.

DC: Ward (Was going to rest him until Wright injured himself in practice yesterday.)
DR: Nicell (going to get some PT giving Ward and Wright rest.)
MC: Rolfes
SC: Giuliani

S3: Graham
Old 02-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Nicell with a hard tackle on Henderson.. yellow card for Nicell.

5 minute mark: Ward gets called for pulling Henderson's jersey... yellow card for Ward.

6 minute mark: Begeorgi with a brilliant dribble down the field.. the keeper barely tips his shot away.. I like what I'm seeing from this new striker.

8 minute mark: Rolfes steals it at midfield.. Rolfes passes to Giuliani who quickly passes to Begeorgi in the box.. who passes to Lunt on his left.. Lunt draws the defender and passes it back to Begeorgi.. Begeorgi shoots from 10 yards.. powerful quick shot over the keeper's left shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

10 minute mark: Henderson gets the ball wide open in the box.. shoots from 10 yards.. great job by Paddy to smother the shot.

12 minute mark: Wall with a nice clearance of a corner.

18 minute mark: Rix steals the ball at midfield.. passes to Giuliani who seeks out Lunt with a quick cross.. Lunt heads it to Begeorgi in the box.. Begeorgi all alone.. shoots from 15 yards.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

41 minute mark: Rix gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Crofts.

Halftime: We are up 2-0.

65 minute mark: Lunt with a nice through ball into the box.. Begeorgi shoots for the upper left corner.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

70 minute mark: Giuliani is tired. I put Graham on for him. Rolfes is also tired, so I put Kelly on for him.

78 minute mark: Gillingham's fans start streaming out of the stadium!

85 minute mark: paddy stops a long shot from Wright.

Game over. 2-0 win!

We were outshot 8-4 (3-2 on goal in our favor)

Fabrice Begeorgi wins MoM, 24 of 28 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 5 of 7 headers, 1 run, 2 goals. 8 for form (Paddy, Wall, and Lunt also had 8's. The remainder of the team all had 7's.)
Old 02-22-2005, 01:54 PM   #241
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 10, 2009 -

Today we host Leicester. They use an attacking 5-3-2 and are a quality team. Midfielders Gudjonsson, McCann, and Hall are all strong powerful quick players. Striker Andrew Johnson has a good finishing touch around the goal as evidenced by his 12 goals on the season. Jefferson Farfan is the most explosive player I've ever managed against. He has 27 goals in 24 starts this year and he is absolutely deadly around the net. This 24 year old Peruvian star has 52 caps and 25 goals for Peru! He will be VERY hard to contain. Their keeper Ian Walker is 37 and he is starting to fade in skills. If we can get past the defense, he can be beat.

They are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

We are using the exact same lineup as last game. I think the extended time off for Elliott will help freshen him up again.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #242
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Begeorgi heads a pass to Lunt who passes to Rolfes.. Rolfes shoots.. just over the bar.

6 minute mark: wall with a key tackle on Farfan

8 minute mark: Gudjonsson takes a free kick from 30 yards that deflects off the wall.. it sails way out of sorts as a result.. right into the left corner of the net.. unfortunate goal. GOAL. Down 1-0.

10 minute mark: Rix with a good through ball to Giuliani.. he shoots.. barely over the bar.

27 minute mark: rolfes with a perfect through ball to the edge of the box for Giuliani.. he is tackled just before he can shoot.

28 minute mark: Canero with a great cross from the right wing.. to the far post.. Johnson jumps with Paddy.. he outjumps him and heads it.. past Paddy.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

35 minute mark: Teale gets it from Nicell at midfield.. Teale with a great through ball that gets into the box quickly and seems to stop there.. perfectly placed for Giuliani who beats the keeper to it.. shoots it into the upper left corner.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

44 minute mark: Hall with a pass from the midfielder.. to Farfan.. Farfan with an amazing dribble around Ward and Wall.. has the keeper alone.. dribbles to his right.. around Paddy.. blasts it into the upper right corner of the goal.. GOAL. Down 3-1. Amazing goal by Farfan (who is valued at over 11 million dollars.)

Halftime: Down 3-1.

51 minute mark: Farfan is stopped by Wall this time.

55 minute mark: Gudjonsson with a long pass.. Johnson outjumps the defender in the box and heads it.. into the upper left corner of the goal.. GOAL. Down 4-1.

62 minute mark: Begeorgi and giuliani are tired. I put in Elliott and Graham at striker. I also bring on Kelly for Rolfes.

72 minute mark: Lunt with a nice through ball to Elliott in the box.. Elliott shoots.. nice save by the keeper.

Game over. 4-1 loss. We were beat down by a superior team. I have no doubt that Leicester will win promotion this year.

They outshot us 18-8 (9-2 on goal)

Jefferson Farfan had a 10 for form and won MoM, 22 of 26 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 5 of 6 headers, 2 interceptions, 9 runs, 1 goal.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #243
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 14, 2009 -

Interesting day in the football world. Milan and Barcelona both fired their managers today.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #244
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 17, 2009 -

Today Abel Enrique Aguilar's application for a WP was turned down despite him having 14 caps for Colombia. Hopefully, we will win the appeal.

Newcastle hired Paco Flores to take over as their manager.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #245
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 18, 2009 -

Interesting game in the FA cup 4th round last night. Manchester United beat Burscough (15th in English Conference National) by a score of 14-0! Saha, Ruud van Nistelrooy, and Alan smith all had hat tricks. Eric Djemba Djemba and Christopher Eagles each had 2 goals. Xabi Alonso had a goal as well.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 19, 2009 -

Swindon's (our opponent tomorrow) boss Andy King said that he is very confident his team will beat our side in our relegation battle tomorrow.

I decide to reply, "I'm quite sure that Andy King and Swindon will be relegated this year." (They are in 24th by a large margin.)

Dayro Mauricio Moreno's work permit application was denied despite his 7 recent caps for the Colombian National Team. I appeal the decision.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #247
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 20, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Swindon. Swindon has only 14 points on the year and is dead last in the league. We are in 22nd. Swindon has an anemic offense, but a solid if unspectacular defense. Their best players are centreback Richard Wood and left fullback Daniel Harding. Keeper Phil Barnes is average at best, and usually under average. He has given up 40 goals in 21 starts. Their leading scorer is striker Taiwo Atieno who has 4 goals on the year. No one else on the team has more than 1. We should be able to beat them solidly this game.

We are heavy 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the high 30's today.

DC: Nicell (Ward really needs rest)
ML: Elliott (Lunt needs rest)
MC: Rolfes
SC: Giuliani

S3: Graham
S4: Lunt
Old 02-22-2005, 05:30 PM   #248
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

21 minute mark: Rolfes with a pass to Rix just outside the box.. Rix with a nice pass between the defenders to Begeorgi.. he puts a move on the keeper.. blasts the shot into the lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0!

31 minute mark: Nicell with a nice clearance of a corner.

44 minute mark: Atieno gets the ball from a midfielder just inside our box.. hits a powerful shot.. great save by Paddy.

Halftime: Up 1-0. Not the domination I expected, but we are leading so I can't be too unhappy.

71 minute mark: Teale with a great cross gets Begeorgi the ball in the box.. he shoots.. great block by the keeper.. the defense clears it.

76 minute mark: rolfes gets a yellow card for pulling Atieno's jersey.

I decide to put Kelly on for Rolfes who is tired, and also I put Janse on for Giuliani who is tired.

82 minute mark: Nicell with a HUGE error passes the ball back to the keeper but actually passes it to Rory Fallon who fakes to his right.. dribbles left and shoots around the shocked and annoyed Paddy.

90 minute mark: Teale crosses to Janse who heads it.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

92 minute mark: Intricate series of passes between Janse, Begeorgi and Rix in the box.. leads to a Janse shot that the keeper barely blocks.

Game over. A very disappointing 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 12-6 (8-3 on goal)

We dominated possession.

Rix won MoM with a 10 for form, 39 of 44 passes, 8 of 9 tackles, 7 of 9 headers, 1 interception, and 1 assist.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #249
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

How do the appeals for WP's work?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #250
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do the appeals for WP's work?

Basically, you have a choice. You can either appeal or don't appeal. If you chose to appeal, a second hearing is automatically scheduled (you are told the date.) When that time occurs, you are told the results. I've very rarely seen appeals work, but I almost always do them.