Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #201
Havok
College Starter

nevermind... i didn't read through your entire first post
Old 10-07-2004, 01:06 AM   #202
Desnudo
Coordinator

Anyone know what the difference between an alliance and trade rights is? It seems like military access and allied war are additional options, so I can't figure out what the point is.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:11 AM   #203
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
nevermind... i didn't read through your entire first post

If you PM Gaius Julius on the Total War Center Forums /workshop Board section saying you would like to help test the Mod he will send the files to you otherwise just wait another two days three max and they will be releasing it .I will post a link here when it is out.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:57 AM   #204
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Anyone know what the difference between an alliance and trade rights is? It seems like military access and allied war are additional options, so I can't figure out what the point is.
An alliance enables you to conduct joint battles, I believe. You are given the option to join the engagement if your army or fleet is adjacent to an allied army or fleet that is going into battle.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #205
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
If you are liking this game and want to make it better check out this site for a discussion about a RTW realism /improvement mod,Great stuff.

RTW mod

Ok, it has been released and it is hardcore good! If you like historical accuracy and them some check it out.This is hardcore , so you grizzled war gamers should check this out definitely.Not beginners would be an understatment.The AI is on spot now.

Rome Total War mod
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:57 PM   #206
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Ok, it has been released and it is hardcore good! If you like historical accuracy and them some check it out.This is hardcore , so you grizzled war gamers should check this out definitely.Not beginners would be an understatment.The AI is on spot now.

Rome Total War mod

sweet.... this fixes alot of the smaller things i didn't like about RTW.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:51 PM   #207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Can't Post Here Anymor

I can't post here anymore. Every free second is spent conquering the known world for the glory of Rome!! Not to brag or anything, because I'm sure others have done better, but I'm rather proud of the fact that it's 186 BC and I've got control of Europe from Gibralter all the way across Europe below the Danube (is that right...everything south of the Germanic states basically) all the way across Italy (south to Rome) and then going across East to Byzantium and Nicomedia and extending out into the ocean to the island cities in the Western Mediterranean. I've got the highest popularity rating with the people, but the Senate absolutely can't stand me (not that they can stand any of the other factions either though, so I'm not worried). I too love the nicknames and personality traits given to characters. I've got "Gaius the Mad" who is apparently nuts, as well as a bunch of drunkards, adulterers, and gamblers. But the coolest thing I've seen is one guy who is convinced that spiders are his enemies and he has to drown all of them. Needless to say he's going nowhere fast. I do wish though that we could see personality traits for the women, and maybe for the children also, as well as have some control over who the guys were marrying like we do the women, so we could do more...genetic-manipulation, so to speak. Going to have to install the mod so i can check it out!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:57 PM   #208
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

just got this today.

this game is HUGE. I don't even know where to begin (well, I do, but...you know)
Old 10-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #209
TeotihuacanYaxK'ukMo'II
Banned

That is good daddy im still in the 230's taking out gauls with 2 provinces left. I helped the Brutii defeat the Macedonians (however you spell it) but that is about it in helping my fellow romans. I have controlled the senate so I guess thats good. They accuse me of searching for personal glory instead of for Rome. I have one province in the east just a step from my allies the thracians. Hahaha who do you think is next. I guess I will be true roman and be a true back-stabber hahaha. They are next then Germany but surprising they are being overun by the britons. The Spanish have kicked out Carthage now they are held up in Parma(sp?). I have just besieged them so now I hope the Scipii relax against me. I hope they attack the spanish then that would give me a good chance to help them conjointly while attacking the rest of gaul. Once I get through this game then I will try all the mods out there. Till then Im taking my time...
TeotihuacanYaxK'ukMo'II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:47 AM   #210
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeotihuacanYaxK'ukMo'II

holy cow, that screen name even puts buccarhdenhendu to shame!
I hope you've got FOFC set up to remember that login name.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:19 AM   #211
Blade6119
Coordinator

If your guy is the head of the senate is there anything special you can do...i control the top three spts in senate, but does this really do anything for me?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #212
Havok
College Starter

Playing as germaina last night on hard/hard and with that realism mod that makes the game much more challenaging. I got attacked by the Guals and the Britons at the same time. so i fended off they're attacks barley, built up 2 big 900-1000 man army's(large unti sizes) lead by my 2 best generals and sent one at the gauls capital and the other 1 at the britons lone province on the mainland.

I started to seige the gauls capital but didn't attack since i had to wait 1 turn to build seige equipment. And my other army was closing in on the britons town. I click the 'End Of Turn" button and the gauls attack my army sieging they're town with 550 guys that were in the town and another 600 guys from another army.

Since it was 2 separate army's hitting me from both sides, i rushed up and overwelmed the reinforcements before the other guy could get close to me. Then, i turned my troops around and i crushed the other guys also i only lost like 150 guys total (Spear WarBands rock) and i killed like 900. So im loving life!!!

After the battle its still the Gauls turn and they attack that same army with 900 more guys and they're 4 star faction leader!!!! But since im on the defense and my army is mainly Spear Warbands(alot like hoplites) and cavlery, they had no chance. I beat them back, killing like 750 guys and only losing like 200 (They're dam King got away!).

Finally the gauls turn is done and i have they're capital since they attacked me from it in the first fight. Then its the Britons turn and they attack my other army of around 900-1000 with a stack of 1400 men So i get to the battle screen and the game kicks me to desktop and i lost everything

Im not happy right now......
Old 10-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #213
MrBug708
Head Coach

I've beaten the long campaign with the Julii and the short campaign's with Egypt and the Greeks. I tried playing as Germania and wow, that is about 50x's as hard
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:51 PM   #214
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah. I messed for like 3 hours last nite after modding at hard/hard and came to the conclusion that with the realism mod, the AI is absolutely OWNING me. Well, I guess it is. Feels like it at least. It's ~265 BC or so and I've only managed to capture one of the gauls cities in northern Italy permenantly (picked up another via bribe but then lost it rather quickly), (the one to the East...starts with P). Mediolanum is holding out against enormous numbers of Roman troops and I've lost 3-4 generals trying to take it. Last time I was within a HAIR of seizing it when they beat me back. Realism mod definately makes the game WAYYY more challenging, which I guess is good.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #215
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bump

Rome: Total Realism version 6.0 is out guys. havn't played yet, DLing now, but this should satisfy my desire for a new game!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #216
WSR
Mascot

Resurrecting an old thread here.

I just played RTW last night for the first time and it is great so far.

This is my first TW experience ever, so is there any VERY Basic advice you could give me? Thanks!