Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2004, 07:11 AM   #201
gi
College Prospect

And with the XP flowing, Io was happy as well. Nice seeing a pet Character in action. I am looking forward to my pets ever so sone. 4 Levels. Let's try to get the gang out tonight. It would be nice to see a full group again.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:15 AM   #202
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I got Sweet Bubbles to level 13 this morning...and a little over 4 bubs to level 14. Unfortunately, tonight is a bad night for me. Survivor and The Apprentice are on. I might be on after 9 p.m. EST tonight, but that's only if they're doing an encore of The Apprentice on Saturday.

I have to say that Bubbles is fun to play. With six-slotting my bubbles, it seems as if the blasters I was with this morning didn't get hit at all. If I'm on tonight, I'll probably bring Bubbles.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #203
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cometflash and alts are still around despite more video/disconnects than normal recently. Comet's about 10000 xp from 29th I think. If I'm on tonight it will be after Survivor (I'll tape Apprentice. )
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:11 AM   #204
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, the brief time I was on last night was enjoyable. I got Bubbles halfway to level 15 this morning, so I'm moving along with her. I will be gone beginning November 14th through December 3rd to Ft. Benning, so no CoH or FOFC for me.

I hope that there's still a group when I get back.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:30 AM   #205
gi
College Prospect

While I might try WoW, I'll still be playing CoH. Had a blast last night. Ton of fun. Io is at 16 1/2 now. Almost at pets!!!! We'll see you when you get back.

Ft Benning....ahh the memories. Basic and Adv Inf school there for me. Stay away from the women in columbus!!! Don't want you to catch anything that you can't give back!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #206
C.J.
n00b

RESPEC

Who's up for it? I know Comet is, don't think he ever got to respec the first time we went through it. Gail's lvl 34 now, so I'm very interested in starting another wave of attempts again (heh..maybe we'll get lucky this time). I believe we only need 4 people for a respec team.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #207
Raiders Army
Coordinator

When were you talking about? I'm full up until Saturday night, but I might be on tonight. I guess Silver could do it with you. Although we only need 4 people, I would not recommend doing it without a healer, controller, damage dealer (blaster/scrapper), or tank (tank/scrapper).
Old 11-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #208
Thomkal
Head Coach

Can't do a respec tonight but would like to do one sometime soon. But I may not be around as much because Everquest II comes out next week, and I'll definitely be checking that out.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:06 PM   #209
JeeberD
General Manager

Finally decided to get the game going again. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys on there (though I'm hopelessly behind all of you)...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #210
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

No respec till I make 34!!! Please GOD Please...darn GI, your pets actually getting you to level that quick!?!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #211
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hey Jeebs, just give one of us a holler:

Silver Streak, Project Virus, Aucoin, Don the Baptist, Gail-Force, Cometflash, Hangfire, Maiden Io, Sweet Bubbles, Transelectron....trying to think of others, but there some for starts.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #212
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Got out of debt (thanks Silver)...8 blocks from 34. Created a new Mr. Scorch, fire/kinetics...deleted Mr. Scorch (tanker), Vortez, and Battle Flag.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 11-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #213
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
No respec till I make 34!!! Please GOD Please...darn GI, your pets actually getting you to level that quick!?!

You all are helping me level fast! Gail, SS, and Claw are the main helpers, so thanks!!!

Got 18 and my first pets last night. Can't wait for a team group.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:59 AM   #214
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gratz.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:00 AM   #215
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Gratz.

bio

Old 11-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #216
C.J.
n00b

GI you need pets just so you can "bio" and still fight.

Last edited by C.J. : 11-08-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:25 AM   #217
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
GI you need pets just so you can "bio" and still fight.

What a great idea!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:08 AM   #218
gi
College Prospect

The lastest from our leader:

http://coh.warcry.com/scripts/column...349&colid=5597

Having PC issues, might not be on tonight.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:54 AM   #219
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Cool...chatted with Io while playing (GASP) Q'wiksilver. By the way, the word coming in is that AoE powers are going to be tweaked (hopefully not as extreme as smoke grenade) so if I don't get Hang to 50, it maybe a lot harder in a few months...

Hangfire with defensive powers (drool).
Old 11-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #220
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Psst!

Sometime after 9 P.M. Hangfire/Q'wiksilver will be out and about.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #221
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I got out of debt earlier tonight....only to die twice and get back into debt. I'll be on later tonight with bubbles or streak
Old 11-10-2004, 01:16 PM   #222
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Died again...took out a 37 Overlord, dediced to tackle a weaker but grouped 5th column of 2 minions, a vampire, and boss (wolfpack?)

Very quickly dispatched...(sigh)

Chatted briefly with Cometflash...

Lots going on about in the boards, excited for the next step even if means neutering AoE.

My biggest concern is Respec; it seems it's only a 3 time deal, and I don't want to have the rest of you guys squander it (they are talking about adding additional respecs) but I think maybe it'll be wiser if the rest of the gang waits (the regen adjustments may hurt Claw; and who knows what may or may not be adjusted otherwise)...plus the things I want to the the toon might not be the wisest dependent on how they adjust AoE (sigh)...so Hangfire might get mothballed at 34 and Q'wiksilver may be on a lot more....
Old 11-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #223
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Yeah, I saw Statesman's comments that regen MIGHT be a little too powerful and I have to admit that compared to other builds, yeah, regen is powerful. However, you saw how shitty I was before my respec. Claw is currently very optimal. I did my homework and chose wisely and I think it shows that he can last in a fight and dish out some damage.

However, blasters streak and hang vastly out-gun me. PV out tanks me by a huge margin and is a meat grinder to boot. With regen I am either able to last the entire battle or I die in the Alpha strike.

Whatever. I doubt they will do anything and even if they do, I'll hopefully be 50 by then and open up the Epic AT.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #224
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll be on tonight to ding to level 38. Level 38 or bust!!!!

Do any of you guys have alts that are in other SGs? The thought occurred to me at work today, and I was just wondering.

Also, is anyone else up for a TF before Sunday? I wanted to do the Manticore one before I left.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:04 PM   #225
Bonegavel

The very first character I made on Virtue (got him to 21 before we moved to Victory) was in a really really good SG but the last time i logged in I found I was kicked and i don't blame them one bit.

My saturday is going to be spent at work as we are upgrading the OS of our most critical server. Because of that, i'm not sure that I will have time to even look at my PC on saturday and Sunday I will have to accomplish tasks for both Sat/Sun.

I'll try and at least check in to wish you a fond farewell for your 3 week trip.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #226
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Big BIG Changes coming...the epic powers were revealed...you guys might want to save your respecs till 41...very exciting news...we gotta buckle down to get to 41.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:20 AM   #227
C.J.
n00b

Sweet, can't wait to read more about the Epic AT stuff. I'll probably be on during the day for the next two days. I'm working 3 night shifts in a row (check out my post time).
Old 11-11-2004, 02:32 AM   #228
C.J.
n00b

heh..follow up post...just read some stuff about new update. Did you guys catch this little tidbit?

Statesman sez:

Ah - one more thing. We're adding a new Inspiration that you can use to wake up from Sleep, Stun, Hold & Immobilize.
Yep - so if you're stunned, wobbling back and forth - you can use this Inspiration and WHAMMO - you're ready for action.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:55 AM   #229
gi
College Prospect

Played Io a little bit yesterday but the real fun began when Project Virus and Albino Claw got Aucoin out of his semi-retirement and we hunted in Pergrine Island (SP?) The new hunting grounds...xp was a flowing...

I'll be on tonight. With Aucoin if we can hunt in PI.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:31 AM   #230
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
heh..follow up post...just read some stuff about new update. Did you guys catch this little tidbit?

Statesman sez:

Ah - one more thing. We're adding a new Inspiration that you can use to wake up from Sleep, Stun, Hold & Immobilize.
Yep - so if you're stunned, wobbling back and forth - you can use this Inspiration and WHAMMO - you're ready for action.

Must've missed this one. If true, then it's pretty interesting, since you can't click on inspirations when sleeping, stunned, held, or immobilized. If you can click on the inspiration, then can you click on others as well?

I'll be on tonight...picked up Tesla Cage which is pretty cool. Now I'm a blaster/scrapper/controller mix.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:02 AM   #231
Bonegavel

PI will be our new Brickstown. Between Project Virus, Aucoin, and the Claw we were tearing up 41-43s last night and the xp was very nice. I was only on a few hours since I hit 37 and I already have 2 bubbles to show for it (over 200k xp). 37 may be short indeed.

Heading over to the CoH boards to read up on the new stuff.

[edit]

here is the link to the Spotlight of Issue 3

Last edited by Bonegavel : 11-11-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #232
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I will be on tonight, I hope I can meet up with all of you, if not, I'm baby free this weekend.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:45 AM   #233
Bonegavel

Upon further inspection of the Epic Power Pools (EPP) coming out, should we all stop leveling at 40 so we get to experience the EPPs together? Then work on our alts until issue 3?

I know that we won't unlock the Epic ATs (EAT) (no the same as the EPPs) until we reach 50, but I'd much rather enjoy my current character through the end (ie, work through the EPPs in natural order) than speed to 50 only to have to start over as a level 1 EAT.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:48 AM   #234
gi
College Prospect

That sounds like a good idea if everyone wishes to stick around until issue 3.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:55 PM   #235
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm good with the stop at 40, since I'll be away for 3 weeks

I'll be on tonight, but later since Survivor and the Apprentice are on. Teamed with CJ earlier this morning. He said he has to work tonight at 9:30.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:23 PM   #236
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Usually, I like to wait 12 hours before I dolapost, but just teamed with Project Virus. We went into the Abandoned sewers, and I got over 100k in experience in about 30-45 minutes. I'll see you guys tonight!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:45 PM   #237
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Usually, I like to wait 12 hours before I dolapost, but just teamed with Project Virus. We went into the Abandoned sewers, and I got over 100k in experience in about 30-45 minutes. I'll see you guys tonight!

WAIT FOR ME!~!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:06 PM   #238
gi
College Prospect

Victory Server Crashed at 8:06pm EST
Old 11-11-2004, 07:07 PM   #239
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

doh ive seen victory down a lot lately that sucks.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #240
C.J.
n00b

I like that idea...stop at 40 for everyone's mains.
Gail's about 4 bubbles into 35...wish I could've played tonight with everyone. I'm busy at work taking apart Dell racks / servers and moving stuff around.

Last edited by C.J. : 11-12-2004 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 AM   #241
Bonegavel

Moving to PI has greatly increased the xp-rate, but the kicker is that Aucoin is mandatory for it to be worth the effort. PV and Claw teamed with Aucoin can tear through 41s like hot butter, 42s like cold cheese, and 43s like a 3" PVC pipe using a Ginsu.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #242
gi
College Prospect

With the GF gone all weekend, Aucoin will be on all weekend.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #243
gi
College Prospect

Marvel Enterprises, Inc. files a lawsuit Wednesday in US District Court against Korean based NCSoft and San Jose based Cyptic Studios. The law suit alleges that players can make heroes too similar to the Marvel gallery of spandex wearing crusaders.

Serious intellectual property rights could be raised by this suit.

Link: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...41.htm&sc=1333
Old 11-12-2004, 09:20 AM   #244
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Marvel Enterprises, Inc. files a lawsuit Wednesday in US District Court against Korean based NCSoft and San Jose based Cyptic Studios. The law suit alleges that players can make heroes too similar to the Marvel gallery of spandex wearing crusaders.

Serious intellectual property rights could be raised by this suit.

Link: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...41.htm&sc=1333

F'ing Lawyers
Old 11-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #245
gi
College Prospect

At the rate Aucoin is going I should have 34 sometime this weekend. I'd like to do a respec mission so I can reslot some things. I know cometflash really wants to do one. Along with Gail. Anyone else 'NEED' to respec? As opposed to just wanting to help out.

Last edited by gi : 11-12-2004 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:33 AM   #246
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
At the rate Aucoin is going I should have 34 sometime this weekend. I'd like to do a respec mission so I can reslot some things. I know cometflash really wants to do one. Along with Gail. Anyone else 'NEED' to respec? As opposed to just wanting to help out.

I will respec again! I will have a 3rd for when the epics come out...
Old 11-12-2004, 11:28 AM   #247
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah I will stop at 40 too, for the rest of you guys to catch up. So that hope fully we can try the trials if we have the time (sewer and eden).

Oh yeah fuck Marvel.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #248
MrBug708
Head Coach

I should start playing again
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:39 AM   #249
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I should start playing again

We need a tank Don's shoulders are big, but not that big.

But whatever gives you pleasure
Old 11-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #250
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
We need a tank Don's shoulders are big, but not that big.

But whatever gives you pleasure

I'll make one of my alt's a tank, but I do have a fire/kinetics controller. I think my daughter's character Super Zi is a scrapper.

It would be nice to see Mr. Bug back on! At some point they will be allowing character transfers between servers...but since we'll all be using alts (I think we all should go to 41 and stop, because let's face it folks, the last level prior to epics will all drive us crazy)

Just was able to whittle the debt down to 2111 from last night. I have fun setting trip mines but god they take a long time. I set down in a very precise manner to take out a behemoth overlord, master, and 4 mages of varying degree....then got a little bolder and took out a nightwolf champion and two steel valks (the airborne thingies), then as a finishing touch before I left took on some devouring earth of various levels (yellow and whites only) and entered the fray with a blast of inferno!

I am definately up for a respec because I need to add more defense through the brawling pool (tough and weave). Though I figure at some point they will go over all the powers and the like, I am definately a support character now, which makes leveling go slower.

With respec, I would:

Take brawl, tough and weave
Take hasten and superspeed
Try to keep superjump
Fitness

Those are the four pools I would keep, the fifth being the epic, REMEMBER KIDS, if you have 5 extra pools picked I think you are choosing that over the epics. (I have to be sure on the boards) but the fifth power pool needs to be open for epics, so if you have 5 power pools slotted, you need to repsec to keep one open.

With adding all those additional groups in, I think I will go bare bones on attack. The only reason to get superspeed is for the invisibility boost and laying tripmines (which would suddenly be my bread and butter addition).

What would go admist all of that....well that's what hero planner is for, but I'm positive blazing bolt and (GASP) inferno may be cut (I can always reacqure inferno; but it's more of an emergency use or finishing off move)

I would probably, not pick a power when I level at 34 so that after respec I could simply bring inferno back on (I think that would make sense)

Since you can only pick one epic power there is no need to reduce additional power pools.

Hangfire will be fun to solo again, even if they do scrap AoE.