Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #201
Blade6119
Coordinator

Do our stats improve over time?...like, if we win do we get better then guys who lose? Other wise it should be the same people at the top over and over again.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:25 AM   #202
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Do our stats improve over time?...like, if we win do we get better then guys who lose? Other wise it should be the same people at the top over and over again.

From the second paragraph of post 1:

"Additionally, there will be an aging process. After 25 fights, you will start to show a bit of age. After 40 fights, there will be more deterioration and you can choose to retire and train your son at that point. After 50 fights, you are retired. (40 and 50 may be extended to 60 and 75 if this dynasty moves rapidly)."

So I would guess there is no stat gain, but our fighters won't last forever (although 50 fights seems like it would be a while, especially with ever more fighters joining up). I'm not sure it would always be the same people at the top though, because it seems like there's some randomness built into the fighting system.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #203
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I'm in a main event. Yikes, that's a lot of pressure for 2 winless fighters to perform under.

We can put on a mean show though.

It's like watching the destruction derby
Old 03-31-2004, 04:56 PM   #204
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature, Scheduled for 12 rounds, to determine the #1 contender for the FOFC Title.

Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto (2-1) vs. Tony ‘Wildfire’ Williams (2-1-1)

Williams likes to party and rumor has it he threw several big bashes during training camp. Otto looks to be in good, shape, but we have seen him looking better.

We haven’t seen Williams since the tournament, where he fought awfully good. If you remember he is one of the most boring fighters in the ring, but also one of the most effective. There is no change to his strategy today as he is working the jab on Otto and moving quickly, not letting Otto land anything clean. A solid win for Williams in the first round.

Otto catches Williams with a showstopping right hand early in round 2 and that takes Williams legs away from him for the time being. Williams is forced to slug it out with Otto for this round, and while Otto got the better of him on the cards, Williams was able to open up a little gash under Otto’s right eye.

Williams comes back with his effective style of fighting in round 3, and scores a victory in this round.

It is still all Williams in Round 3. He is sticking it to Otto pretty good right now and totally limiting the chances Otto has to catch him. Otto’s clean punches are too few and far between.

Otto gets out to a fast start in round 5, and it seems like that is the only effective strategy to beating Williams. Otto lands a few hard punches early, which slows Williams way down, allowing Otto to get some work done here. Give the round to Otto, only the second one for him though.

Round 6 was fairly even, but Williams just looks much more in control of the fight. He limited Otto’s chances. When Otto does land he is scoring big points, but Williams is landing a lot more jabs and whatnot. I would give this round to Williams I also have him up 4 rounds to 2 at the halfway point.

In round 7, Otto is able to once again land some nice punches early in the round. This time he just didn’t have it in him to pile it on, but I would still give the round to Otto for outworking Williams here in the 7th.

For the first time in this fight, Otto has put together 2 consecutive rounds which he can be proud of. He is mixing in his power punches with some very nice jab work. He is giving Williams a bit of his own medicine now and making this an awfully close fight.

Williams tries to get back to the basics in round 8, but Otto is beating him at his own game. Right now Otto is just quicker on the punches. Score another solid victory for Otto in the 9th!

Williams doesn’t change his strategy at all in round 9, and he scores a knockdown midway through the round with a power jab right into the mouth of Otto. Otto is only down for a 4 count, but that could swing this fight heavily in Williams favor as we are headed down the home stretch. I would score this as a 2 point round for Wildfire Williams.

In round 11, Otto is able to shake off the affects of the knockdown and fight Williams to an extremely even round here. This one could go either way on the cards.

In the 12th and final round, this fight is still a bit to close to call. Otto might need a big round to take the fight, and in the beginning it looks like he was going to get it, but about halfway through the round Williams came back strong and with a final 20 second flurry may have stolen the round from Otto. This round has gone the distance and we are ready for the final decision.

Don Ackerman scores the fight 114-113 for Neuq Otto.

Stuart Winston scores it 114-113 for Tony Williams.

Robin Dolparre score it 115-113 for the winner, by Split Decision, NEUQ ‘BIG MEANINE’ OTTO!!!

Otto pulls off the surprise win on the cards and will fight for the title on the next card. After losing his first bout, Otto has now won three straight fights and is one of the hottest boxers in the league right now!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:07 PM   #205
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Welcome to the Main Event of the Evening. We are scheduled for 12 rounds of boxing in a rematch of a classic fight from just a month ago. This is Kong/Gonzalez Part II!

Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong (0-2-1) vs. David ‘The Assassin’ Gonzalez (0-2-1)

This fight is scheduled for 12 rounds. Both fighters are in perfect shape and still looking for their first victories!

I turned around for a second and when I turned back, Gonzalez was on his back already. He answered to a 3 count and got out of the round, but Gonzalez already looks to be in pretty bad shape. His right eye is already swelling up and he is 2 points behind after the first round.

Gonzalez looks a little fresher after regrouping in his corner between rounds and slugs it out with Kong in round 2. Neither fighter gained an advantage in this round. Call it even.

In round 3, Kong hit’s the canvas, but the ref says no knockdown. He indicates the Gonzalez pushed Kong to the canvas, and gives him a stern warning in a neutral corner. I think being down shook Kong up a little bit because he let Gonzalez take this round without much of a fight.

Up till now, Gonzalez’s corner has done a tremendous job getting that swelling to stay down on his eye, but in round 4, Kong really went to work on the face of Gonzalez and his eye is getting puffy again. This round goes to Kong without a doubt.

In round 5, Kong continues to land clean shot after clean shot on the face of Gonzalez/ His right eye is still swollen, but now his left eye looks even worse. Kong knocks Gonzalez to the canvas in the closing seconds, but David is saved by the bell this time.

Round 6 is another huge round for Kong. He is outscoring Gonzalez 2 to 1 out there, and Gonzalez is starting to have real trouble seeing out of his left eye. We have seen this before from Gonzalez and last time these two men fought, Gonzalez was able to get past it and go the distance, but this time it is 12 rounds, and I don’t think the ref will let it go that long.

Round 7 is still all Kong in a landslide. He is taking it to Gonzalez, and I really think the next round will be the last for the warrior, David Gonzalez.

As soon as round 8 starts, the ref halts the fight to take a better look at Gonzalez’s left eye. After a few seconds he pats David on the back and tells him that it. Save it for next time.

The winner by TKO at the 0:03 mark of Round 8 is CLYDE ‘THE GRAPE APE’ KONG!!!!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-31-2004, 05:10 PM   #206
kingfc22
Head Coach

Another pathetic showing.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:17 PM   #207
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Early Thoughts on the next card, so far:

Opening Bout: Ignacio Catalan vs. Lytic Virus

Prelim #1: Mr Miller vs. Todd Vicious

Prelim #2: KGB vs. (need a fighter who has a win or two under their belt)

Support Bout: Colton Mayes vs. Jobu Eckman

Co-Feature: David Yellope vs. Bruce Babson

Main Event: Johnny Lee Paris vs. Neuq Otto for the FOFC Title

We need 1 more fighter with a decent record to challenge the 2-0 KGB. Another win by KGB against a quality opponent puts him in title fight status.

Old 03-31-2004, 05:19 PM   #208
JeeberD
General Manager

Nice. I've been wanting to get a piece of Mayes...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:29 PM   #209
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Next.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:31 PM   #210
atatange1
High School JV

I'll fight KGB.

Rupert "King of Comedy" Pupkin
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:33 PM   #211
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Catalan is going down... nuff said. He better not plan on eating after the match because I will hurt him so bad that he will only be able to eat through a straw from a cup of food that his momma blended for him in that new special blender. I'll send him Jello in the same doggy bags that I used on his pets bones as desert. You are going down little man. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:34 PM   #212
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atatange1
I'll fight KGB.

Rupert "King of Comedy" Pupkin

Bring that cheatin' KGB bastard down!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 03-31-2004, 05:37 PM   #213
Calis
College Starter

Gertbeef demands the respect he has earned!

Somebody step up to the plate and help contribute to Gertbeef's shot at the FOFC Title.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:51 PM   #214
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytic
Catalan is going down... nuff said. He better not plan on eating after the match because I will hurt him so bad that he will only be able to eat through a straw from a cup of food that his momma blended for him in that new special blender. I'll send him Jello in the same doggy bags that I used on his pets bones as desert. You are going down little man. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!

YOU EAT PIECES OF SHIT?

Old 03-31-2004, 06:56 PM   #215
JeffNights
College Prospect

Fox sports Net blurb

"Its obvious that all these other chumps are running Scared of the Jellybean ! The challenges were made and no so-called boxer had the gumption to step up. I guess its only natural, as the song goes...I dont think you're ready for this Jelly."

Jeff "Jellybean" Nights
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:59 PM   #216
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Fox sports Net blurb

"Its obvious that all these other chumps are running Scared of the Jellybean ! The challenges were made and no so-called boxer had the gumption to step up. I guess its only natural, as the song goes...I dont think you're ready for this Jelly."

Jeff "Jellybean" Nights

Next card, guaranteed.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:21 PM   #217
korme
Go Reds

youngnastyman is recouperated and ready
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:28 PM   #218
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

??? When's Charles Norton going to fight again? Anyone need good cannon fodder to whip?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #219
kingfc22
Head Coach

Norton, you want an easy win in one of the next few cards? Take on Gonzalez, yea me.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:24 AM   #220
condors
College Starter

dang i would be dangerous if i would actually show up ready for a fight.

not sure where i am in the rankings but would like to fight someone right above or below me

(do you think you could post the rankings after every card?)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #221
Subby
lolzcat

I want a rematch with the Jelly Bean. Our first fight ended in a controversial draw.

Jellybean - Silver Subby Two: Electric Boogalo!!!
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 AM   #222
Kevin
High School JV

Bring on the Puppy. It will be hard for The King of Comedy to do a stand up routine with his back on the canvas.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #223
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
YOU EAT PIECES OF SHIT?

I love that movie!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-01-2004, 06:06 PM   #224
lytic
College Benchwarmer

My wife wants to know if she can make a girl boxer?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #225
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:

When I'm through with Virus, his only us in life will be pig feed. After that: mushroom fertilizer! After that . . . well . . . I haven't thought that far ahead, but it would be pretty bad!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #226
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My wife wants to know if she can make a girl boxer?

I don't see why not. I am not sure how she will stack up against men, but if her rating is on par with the men, maybe it will work.

Old 04-01-2004, 06:21 PM   #227
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Should she use the same max's?

or should she just make a guy to make it easy...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-01-2004, 06:25 PM   #228
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Same max's, but we can try out a woman and see how it works.

Old 04-01-2004, 06:25 PM   #229
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
When I'm through with Virus, his only us in life will be pig feed. After that: mushroom fertilizer! After that . . . well . . . I haven't thought that far ahead, but it would be pretty bad!

His only us, eh? I think you've been hit in the head too hard a few too many times... you won't even be able to see my punches, but you will sure feel my power. I will dominate you. You will call me master and shine my boots. You will wear a maids outfit that I put in a doggy bag that I put in your mailbox, and serve me so I don't hurt you again. I will bring you down Cobra... you got nothing!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #230
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I'll let her know... thanks dude.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #231
kingfc22
Head Coach

She could probably fight against me and win since I seem to be the weakest boxer so far.

1st Fight vs. Johnny Lee "Juice" Paris (FOFC Champ)- TKO in Rd. 2 - never knockdowned
2nd Fight vs. Bruce "The Letter Opener" Babson - KO in Rd. 1 - 1 taste of the mat
3rd Fight vs. Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong - 8 Rd. Draw - 3 times tasting the mat
4th Fight vs. Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong - TKO in Rd. 7 - 2 times tasting the mat

0-3-1 and I've been KO'd 3 times and knockdowned 6 times in just 18 rounds.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:46 PM   #232
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Card, from Miami Arena, in Miami, Florida. Fight Date: 11/24/2004

Opening Bout: Ignacio ‘Cobra’ Catalan vs. Lytic ‘Ravenhawk Killa’ Virus

Preliminary Bout #1: Mr ‘M-Squared’ Miller vs. Todd ‘The V’ Vicious

Preliminary Bout #2: Alexander ‘KGB’ Yakushev vs. Rupert ‘King of Comedy’ Pupkin

Support Bout: Colton ‘The Blade Bomber’ Mayes vs. Jobu ‘The Suckpuppy’ Eckman

Co-Feature: David ‘The American Bear’ Yellope vs. Bruce ‘The Letter Opener’ Babson

Main Event: Johnny Lee ‘Juice’ Paris vs. Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto for the FOFC Title!

Old 04-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #233
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout, Scheduled for 8 rounds.

Ignacio ‘Cobra’ Catalan (0-1) vs. Lytic ‘Ravenhawk Killa’ Virus (0-1)

Both fighters are in perfect shape for this fight, and we are ready to get things started!

We won’t be seeing too many jabs in this fight as these two sluggers will try to knock each other out from the opening bell. Virus gained a very slight advantage in the first round, but both fighters were able to land a few very clean shots each in this opening round.

In round 2, Virus extended that advantage. He was nailing Catalan at a pretty good clip, all the while completely limiting Catalan’s connect percentage. Both fighters threw about the same number of punches, but Catalan’s were just glancing shots, while Virus is landing a majority of his cleanly.

Virus continues to dominate this fight in round 3. Catalan is not going to last much longer if he lets Virus use him as a punching bag every round like this. If it wasn’t for a few weak counter punches late in the round, the ref very well might have stopped this fight due to Catalan not fighting back. After this round, we notice Catalan’s left eye already swelling up.

In round 4, Virus puts Catalan down early in the round. Catalan is able to get up at the count of 4, but his legs are awfully wobbly. It takes about another minute for Virus to send him down again, but once again Catalan gets up at the count of 4. One more punch from Virus, another knockdown and this fight is over due to the 3 knockdown rule.

The winner, by TKO, at the 1:59 mark of Round 4 is LYTIC ‘RAVENHAWK KILLA’ VIRUS!!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 10:11 PM   #234
RainRaven
High School JV

First Name: Brandon
Last Name: Valike
Nickname: "Cobra"
Left or Right Handed: Right Handed
Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland

Use 33 points among these three categories:

Control vs. Boxer: How well you fight against boxers (max 15): 12
Control vs. Slugger: How well you fight against sluggers (max 15): 12
Power: Duh...Power! (max 13): 9

Use 6 point among these three categories, 0 is the best, 6 is the worst, so a chin of 4 is so-so, but a chin of 0 is excellent.

Chin Vs. Knockdown: 3
Chin vs. Knockout:2
Recovery: 1

Choose 1 which you want to be better at:

Absorb Punishment

Use 24 points among (max 10 in each category):

Killer Instinct: 9
Aggresiveness: 7
Endurance: 8

Choose if you are better at fighting inside or fighting outside
Outside

Choose style:
Boxer

Choose foul frequency:
seldom
Old 04-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #235
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1, Scheduled for 8 rounds.

Mt. ‘M-Squared’ Miller (1-1) vs. Tod ‘The V’ Vicious (0-1)

Both fighters enter the ring in superior shape and are ready to get it on!

We have two contrasting styles in the ring, with Miller, a slugger, against Vicious, a boxer with some nice power. Both styles work just fine here in round 1. Vicious is jabbing a lot, regular jabs and some power jabs. Miller is throwing much more power punches and aiming for the head. With one fast uppercut he cut Vicious up under his right eye. Overall the round was even, but I always give a bit of an advantage to fighters who draw blood in a round.

Miller comes out headhunting in round 2. He is swinging wildly and catches Vicious with the point of his elbow. The ref halts things and motions to the judges to take a point away from Miller. It didn’t slow Miller down much though, as he continued to pound away at Vicious. But Tod is not just a punching bag in this fight, he is fighting back just as hard, mostly with a power jab and shots to the body. Another very even round.

Round 3 is another action packed round. Vicious is still working the body hard and counter punching with great success. I would give the edge to him in this round.

Vicious seems to be getting drawn into a slug fest here, which is not his best style, yet in round 4, he is having more success at it than Miller. He outlanded Miller two to one in this round and takes this round. We are halfway through the bout, and it is still a bit too tight to call.

After a very action packed first 4 rounds, things slowed down quite a bit in this round. Miller looks tired, which explains his slow down. Vicious still looks pretty fresh, but I am not sure why he didn’t get much work in this round. In the end, it was again very even.

In round 6, Miller comes out pretty aggressive. I guess he doesn’t like how these close rounds could go either way on the cards. He starts landing some big shots, and Vicious goes down. He is rolling on the canvas in obvious pain. The ref pushes Miller to a neutral corner and stops this fight. He is saying that the punch was a blatant low blow! He is disqualifying Mr. Miller!

The winner of this fight, via a disqualification, is TODD ‘THE V’ VICIOUS!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #236
Swaggs
Coordinator

Where did Swaggs go?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:55 PM   #237
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Alexander ‘KGB’ Yakushev (2-0) vs. Rupert ‘King of Comedy’ Pupkin (2-1-1)

Both fighters are in great shape tonight and we are ready to go!

Lots of clinching and dancing in round 1, but most of the punches that did land were on the chin of Pupkin. Give a slow starting round 1 to Yakushev.

In Round 2, KGB keeps the pressure on with a series of jabs, combinations and hooks to the head of Pupkin. A very impressive round for KGB.

Both fighters were able to land some big power shots in round 3. KGB started off the round, making this look like he was going to run away with the fight, but finally, Pupkin started landing some clean shots to the face of KGB for big points. Neither fighter gained an advantage in this round. Dead even round.

In round 4, KGB landed a few huge hooks to the head of Pupkin, that clearly had him rattled. However, that is about all that KGB did in this round. Pupkin worked hard the entire three minutes and out pointed KGB in this round. I think you can say KGB has the slightest advantage halfway through this fight, but really, it is still wide open.

For the first minute and a half of round 5, it looked like KGB was going to finish off this fight. He had Pupkin trapped in the corner and would not let him out. But maybe he tired himself off because he backed off a bit and kept Pupkin in the fight. It was still a landslide victory for KGB in this round. Pupkin looks like a mess in the corner between rounds. He is gasping for air and his left eye is just mangled.

In round 6, KGB knows he can end this fight now, and he goes to work on Pupkin. The only thing allowing the ref to let this fight continue is the fact that Pupkin is throwing a punch every now and then. With about 10 seconds left in the round, KGB lands a devastating cross to the eye of Pupkin. Pupkin spins around, bounces off the ropes and hit’s the canvas. Needless to say, he is not moving, never mind, getting up for a 10 count!

The winner, by Knockout, at the end of Round 6 is ALEXANDER ‘KGB’ YAKUSHEV!!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 10:59 PM   #238
Johnny93g
College Starter

i would like to challenge kingfc22....to see who the worst boxer really is.....Im 0-2, and havent even come close to finishing a fight......
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:24 PM   #239
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout, scheduled for 10 rounds.

Colton ‘The Blade Bomber’ Mayes (2-1-1) vs. Jobe ‘The Suckpuppy’ Eckman (2-2)

Both fighters appear to be in tip top shape for tonight’s fight.

The two fighters started off slow, testing each other out, but when Mayes landed a sweet 4 punch combination it really turned this round in his favor. He connected on a nice uppercut and another rnice combination to win the round.

Eckman started off round 2 with a nice cross, but Mayes countered with one of his own and then followed it up with a 3 punch combination. Once again it is a Mayes combo that slows Eckman down and allows Mayes to take another round.

Eckman started off round 3 with a nice combination of his own and then a double hook to the head of Mayes. Mayes fought back though and had Eckman pinned in a corner and did some heavy damage, coming back and taking yet another round.

A couple huge uppercuts from Eckman land clean and score a lot of points for him, but it didn’t seem to slow Mayes down at all. Mayes just came back with even harder punches and knocked Eckman down with under a minute left in the round! Eckman is able to answer to a 4 count though. I think you have to score this as a 2 point round for Mayes.

The first 2 minutes of round 5 were very even, but in the last 60 seconds, Eckman looked ridiculously good, handing a beating of his own to Mayes and taking his first decisive round of the fight. I still have Mayes pretty far ahead here at the halfway point.

Mayes was carrying his hands low in round 6, but he may have been playing possum, because he threw a punch from the hip that crushed Eckman in the ribs and sent him down for a 6 count! Eckman absorbed a lot more punishment after he got up, but he was able to get out of the round.

At this point, Mayes is just being careful, even overly cautious, because he knows he has a big lead. Eckman takes the opportunity to win a round, but he didn’t need to be, nor was he very impressive in doing it.

Mayes may have let Eckman gained some confidence as well as a much needed rest in the last round because Eckman looks like a new man in round 8. He outscored Mayes 2 to 1 in this round for an easy win.

Very little action here in round 9, but clearly Eckman picks up another round on the cards as we head to the 10th and final round.

In round 10, Eckman must know he needs a knockout, or at least a knockdown or two to have a shot to win this fight. From the looks of it, he is going to leave it all on the line and try to get it. He lands a great combination early on that shook up Mayes, and then just a few seconds later takes a chance with a big sweeping, wild right that leaves him totally exposed. Lucky for Eckman, and really unlucky for Mayes, the right connects and sends Mayes to the canvas, unconscious! There is no way he is answering a ten count!

The winner, by Knockout, at the 0:49 mark of Round 10 is JOBU ‘THE SUCKPUPPY’ ECKMAN!!!!

Taking a look at the judges cards after the fight, they all had Mayes as a winner, 87-82, 87-82, and 86-84!

Old 04-01-2004, 11:32 PM   #240
juiceparis
n00b

Looks like I might have to keep my eye on KGB.
juiceparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:40 PM   #241
Blade6119
Coordinator

I dominate all my matches then lose...i just dont get it...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #242
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature, Scheduled for 10 Rounds.

David ‘The American Bear’ Yellope (3-1) vs. Bruce ‘The Letter Opener’ Babson (1-2)

Both of these fighters appear to be in outstanding shape for tonight’s fight.

The war of words is over and the fight has begun. Both fighters are looking to knock the other one out right away. Yellope is landing more, but Babson is landing for more power and more points. Give the slight edge to Babson in the first round.

Round 2 started off the same way as round 1 played out. The round was very close, but Yellope gained the advantage with a nice flurry in the final 30 seconds of the round.

Round 3 was also very close throughout most of the 3 minutes, but this time it is Babson with the late flurry of hard rights to the face of Yellope, which most likely won the round for him.

Round 4 saw a real slow down in the action. I don’t know if all the action in the earlier rounds tired them out, or if they have both decided to bide their time and be more careful. Either way, you have to give this round to Yellope, just for landing a few more shots in the round. I’d give the fighters 2 rounds each right now.

In round 5, Yellope would throw a few jabs and Babson would absorb them and then throw 2 hard rights of his own. For the most part, Babson was connecting cleanly to the head of Yellope, and scoring a lot of points. While they landed the same amount of punches in this round, Babson is going to take it because he was more effective.

Things have really slowed down here in the 6th round. Yellope landed a hard hook followed by a sweet uppercut late in the round which would give him this round. After 6, I say three rounds each. The judges may see it differently, of course.

At the bell in round 7, Yellope nails Babson with a shot to the ribs and Babson’s legs cannot support him. He hit’s the canvas for a 4 count! Yellope showed no killer instinct at all though, and barely followed up the knockdown. Still, this round should put Yellope in the driver’s seat.

While both fighters look pretty tired at the point, Yellope seems to have a little more steam and pop in his punches. I would have to give him this round.

In round 9, Babson needs to do something, but either he is saving it for the 10th and final round or he has just given up. Yellope out pointed Babson in this round, but in the closing seconds he throws a punch below the belt and gets a point taken away.

Nobody is going to call it a statement finish by Yellope, but in the 10th round, he did show he is the better fighter tonight, and takes the round, which should all but wrap this fight up. Let’s go to the cards and find out.

Ole Ovesen scores the fight 97-92.

Charlerm Prayadsub scores it 97-91.

Yuh Won-Doo scores it 97-92 for the winner, by unanimous decision, DAVID ‘THE AMERICAN BEAR’ YELLOPE!!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 12:43 AM   #243
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Good fight, Babson.
4 up, 1 down. Not bad, neh?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #244
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The ref pushes Miller to a neutral corner and stops this fight. He is saying that the punch was a blatant low blow! He is disqualifying Mr. Miller!

The winner of this fight, via a disqualification, is TODD ‘THE V’ VICIOUS!!!

YEAH!

I'll take it, even if I didn't knock anyone out.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #245
Raven Hawk
College Starter

DAMN YOU VIRUS! DAMN YOU!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:27 AM   #246
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Welcome to the Main Event. 12 rounds of Boxing for the FOFC Heavyweight Title of the World!

First, introducing the challenger. He is from Hiroshima, Japan. His professional record is 3 wins with just 1 loss. One win coming by way of knockout. He is the Big Meanie, Neuq Otto!

And making his way to the ring. He is your hometown hero! He fights out of Oveido, Florida. He has a professional record of 4 wins without a loss. 3 of those wins have come by way of knockout! He is the undefeated, undisputed champion of the world………JOHNNY LEE ‘JUICE’ PARIS!!!

Both fighters have trained hard, look to be in great shape and are ready to go as the bell for round 1 sounds!

In round 1, Otto looks a bit intimidated in the ring, fighting the champ. He looks a bit unsure of himself and as a result, he takes a huge shot to the jaw, which sends him down to the canvas! He is back up at the count of 3, but this did not start off good for Otto.

Otto still looks lost out there in round 2. He is barely throwing anything at Paris, and also taking quite a beating in the meantime. He better get his head on straight or this fight will be over soon.

Otto landed a big uppercut to start round 3, and that seemed to give him a bit of confidence. He didn’t out class Paris by any means, but I still think he was able to win that round.

Otto landed a sharp hook to open round 4, but then it was all Paris. For about 2 minutes and 30 seconds, Paris was non-stop action, showing the fans in attendance a great show! In my opinion, there is no reason the ref should have allowed this fight to continue. By the end of the round, Neuq was not even fighting back and barely able to defend himself.

Right now this fight is a total mismatch. Otto doesn’t even deserve to be in the ring with the champ. It seems like Paris is just toying with Otto right now, and can finish him off whenever he is ready.

In round 6, the crowd was stunned at what happened. Otto looks like a beaten man, and yet he dodges a Paris hook shot, and counters with an uppercut that clearly stunned Paris. Otto took his chances and jumped on him with a 5 punch combination that sent Paris to the canvas! He barely managed to get up when the ref hit 9! I don’t know if it was a lucky punch or not, but Otto is back in this fight!

In between rounds, Paris’s corner stressed to him that he is now in a major fight for his title. Paris responded with a blistering first minute in round 7, but then Otto started to fight back. Otto landed another clean right, flush on the chin of Paris and he hit’s the canvas for a second time! This time he gets up at the count of 8!

The Champ fights back with a huge 8th round. Right from the bell he was all over Otto, landing a few clean combinations and limiting Otto’s chances to even throw a punch. Later in the round he got Otto backed into his own corner and just went to town on the face of Otto. Only the ropes were holding Otto up and the ref had no choice but to stop this fight!

The winner, and STILL undisputed FOFC Heavyweight Champion of the World…..JOHNNY LEE ‘JUICE’ PARIS!!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:30 AM   #247
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Working on the next card now…..

Booked fights:

1) Nights vs. Shue

2) Gonzalez vs. Naumoff

New fighter Valike will fight.

Others who expressed interest will be matched up somehow:

Gertbeef Roe
Norton
Williams
Swaggs

I think Yellope and KGB need to fight for #1 contender status as well. Either of these guys will give the champ one heck of a fight!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:51 AM   #248
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

New Year’s Eve Fight Card from Foxwoods Resort Casino in Ledyard, Connecticut
Fight Date: 12/31/2004

Opening Bout: Brandon Valike vs. Charles Norton

Preliminary #1: David Gonzalez vs. John Naumoff

Preliminary #2: Charlie Swager vs. Clyde Kong

Support Bout: Gertbeef Roe vs. Tony Williams

Co-Feature: Jeff Nights vs. Chris Shue

Main Event: David Yellope vs. Alexander Yakushev

Old 04-02-2004, 03:06 AM   #249
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Good fight, Babson.
4 up, 1 down. Not bad, neh?

neh. Good show holmes, go get yourself that title.

Marmel, I know I've been up quite a bit recently, but next time I get matched up, I'd like to take on Mayes. Or barring that, anyone who'd be a suitable matchup.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:40 AM   #250
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Brandon ‘Cobra’ Valike (0-0) vs. Charles ‘King’ Norton (0-1)

Both fighters are in perfect shape for this bout.

The bell rings to start round 1 and Norton comes out and rains blows to the body and head of Valike sending him to the canvas in the first 30 seconds of the fight! Valike gets up at the count of 9 and the round continues. Valike gets out of the round, but that is a rough way to start ones career.

In round 2, Norton follows up his impressive first round by getting in Valike’s grill for the entire three minutes. Brandon stayed on his feet, but he has yet to really connect with a punch in this entire fight so far.

In round 3, Valike finally lands a few clean shots to the face of Norton. Norton immediately covers up his face and Valike goes right to the rips, landing a thudding shot that sends Norton down for a 6 count! Valike jumps on Norton like a lion tearing apart its prey, and shoots consecutive rights into the gut of Norton, sending him down again, for an 8 count this time! Norton is in a world of trouble and then gets nailed in the ribs again! He goes down hard for the third time in this round. Norton is spitting up blood down on the mat! The ring side doctor suspects a broken rib and punctured lung and he is rushed to the hospital!

The winner, by TKO, at the 2:31 mark of Round 3 in BRANDON ‘COBRA’ VALIKE!!!!