Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #201
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
With the 8th pick in the second round, Suicane75 selects, from Beavis & Butthead, Beavis.

(Beavis takes the stage)

Ummm, like, what the hell am I doin here? Somebody told me there would be chicks and stuff but all I see are alot of old people and crap, and that dude in the sailor outfit tried to touch me........butthole. Umm, I wanna give a shout out to the 1 eyed chick in the back, heh heh heh heh, 1 eye, heh heh heh heh. Wheres the red head who hangs around with that dork and his dog heh, gimme summma that, oooh yeah, spank spank, heh heh heh heh. (picks nose).
Uhhh, shut up, dumbass...
BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #202
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Uhhh, shut up, dumbass...

Fartknocker.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #203
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just didn't like the Beavis pick. Too early for him, I believe, even late in the 2nd round. Beavis is Beavis, but I felt better characters still remained.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:19 PM   #204
Suicane75
Coordinator

I started to think about more seasoned characters but when it came right down to it, this is the guy I wanted. My next picks are in the same vein and I surmise that others won't agree with them as well, but they're all dillholes and they can kiss my shiney metal ass.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:07 PM   #205
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
I think this one's an easy pick for me: Pikachu (as in Ash's Pikachu from the cartoon)

And reading over this, I forgot to mention why it's so easy: it's one of my favorite modern franchises. Not so much Pikachu, but I love the whole Pokemon franchise which is like dork-dom with a kid's wrapper: it's an RPG engine dressed up as a kids game, an 80s cartoon made 20 years late (very formulaic: reoccuring bad guys, cheesy comic relief in an "action" cartoon, a moral each episode, etc), and they even had a trading card game made by WotC which was basically Magic:Light.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:49 AM   #206
Easy Mac

PsychoCop is up

And I thought the Pokemon video game came up first before the show? Maybe I'm wrong.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #207
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
PsychoCop is up

And I thought the Pokemon video game came up first before the show? Maybe I'm wrong.

We did this over on the Video Game Character Draft thread, too. The video game did come first. However, the cartoon is as popular, if not moreso, than the video game so much of the popularity can be attributed to it.

SI

Old 02-08-2004, 07:15 AM   #208
Easy Mac

Psycho Cop selects at the end of Round 2:
Mazinger Z

Psycho Cop selects at the beginning of Round 3:
Astro Boy

sterlingice is on the clock.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #209
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to give more commentary, but I'm heading out to play in the snow. I was torn between two recent characters and decided to go with the one from the 80s: He-Man. I think He-Man was the second to the Transformers in the 80s and it doesn't hurt that there's a remake currently on Cartoon Network (one of the few remakes that are actually good).

SI

Old 02-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #210
Suicane75
Coordinator

With the third pick in round #3, Suicane selects, from Family Guy, Stewie.

(Stewie takes the stage.)

I do say, It's nice to be away from the fat man and the insufferable bitch, i, i can say bitch now right? This is on cable, yes? FX? Oh, I suppose that's a step above the Oxygen Network. Well, a statement then, hmmmm. Yes, I would like to thank Suicane for picking me, I choose not to kill him......at the moment. I would also like to say to the rest of you, WHAT THE DEUCE MAN!!! Bart Simpson? He hasn't been relevant since Vanilla Ice, and by god man, he's got a vagina, I think we all know where your pleasures lay.....(Stewie is whisked off the stage)

Chris Berman: Well that was something, Dinty Moore Beef Stewie Griffin picked with the 3rd pick in the 3rd round. Mel, youre surprised he went so high arn't you?

Mel Kiper: Chris, Im surprised you arnt kicked in the nuts for that lame nickname, but yes, this is a bit of a stretch, Stewie isn't even the main character on a show that didn't last 5 seasons.

Chris Berman: But is being revived.

Mel Kiper: When I look out in this crowd and I see the Disney and the Warner Brothers contigent still to go undrafted, I shake my head at this pick, Suicanes picks have become more and more of a stretch as the draft has progressed. With that last pick, Suicane75 has put his team back in the stone age.

Chris Berman: Hold on Mel, apparently Stewie is being led back on stage, apparently he's had a change of heart and wants to say goodbye to Peter and Lois.

(Stewie is carried on stage where he takes the podium)

Yes, yes, I would like in all honesty to say one more thing from the bottom of my heart. (He hoks a giant loogie on the Griffin family and scampers away).

(Crowd Silence)

Chris Berman: Well, ummm, that is something we don't see every day, (laughing) Stewie pulls a Bill Romanowski.....we have Chris Mortensen with team Suicane75 in the war room.

Chris Mortensen: Thanks Chris, I'm here with team Suicane75 owner Suicane75 along with Homer, Beavis and Stewie. Suicane, Mel Kiper has blasted all your picks so far, how do you defend yourself?

Suicane75: Defend myself? My team is young, strong and poised for future greatness, Mel Kiper is an idiot.

Mel Kiper: Say what you will but you had Sylvester, Wile E Coyote, Jerry, Barney, a plethora of viable 3rd round picks out there and you passed them up for someone who wasn't even on the radar.

Stewie: If I could just interject for a moment, what is up with your hair man, I mean really, do you comb that thing or have it paved?

Chris Mortensen: Homer, it's been argued that you have been your shows main weakness and didn't deserve to go ahead of your son.

Homer: Hey pal, I just read the lines they give me, I've been doing this thing for 15 years, personaly I would have gone out after Mr Burns got shot, but does anyone listen to what I have to say? Nooooooo, it's always "say your lines and cash your check fat man" well now I've got a new gig and.........

Beavis: Heh heh heh, You are pretty fat, like, can you even see your wiener?

Homer: Why you little!!!!!!!!! (Homer proceeds to start choking Beavis then turns and looks at the camera) D'OH!!!!

Stewie: You know, I wouldn't mind at all if you were to kill him, he has quite a foul odor about him.

Chris Mortensen: Well, thats all from Suicane75's war room, back to you Chris.

Chris Berman: Alrighty, thanks Chris, Ardent Enthusiast is on the clock.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:32 PM   #211
Danny
Head Coach

haha
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #212
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For my 3rd round selection, I will select Papa Smurf.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM   #213
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

For my 3rd selection I will take someone to serve as my team's foil...

Elmer Fudd
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #214
TredWel
High School Varsity

Both of my picks have been classic characters, so I think I need to nominate a modern character. So, with my third round pick, I select:

Eric Cartman

It's hard to pick one of the South Park boys as being more culturally relevant than others, but I think Cartman's a bit more recognizeable than the other three, save maybe Kenny. But when Kenny can just be written out of half a season, he can't be that important of a character.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #215
PsychoCop
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Psycho Cop selects at the end of Round 2:
Mazinger Z

Psycho Cop selects at the beginning of Round 3:
Astro Boy

sterlingice is on the clock.

On a note why I chose both...

Mazinger Z was one of the very first big-robot anime that was ever shown in Japan. First airing in the early 1970's... he began the entire robot thing in Japan. The legacy of Mazinger Z still continues in the land of the rising sun, with several movies, and sequels to the original series (Great Mazinger, Mazinkaiser) AND the inclusion of Mazinger Z as one of the chief characters in the Super Robot Wars series... not to forget the tons of merchandise that this big fellow sold.

AstroBoy, on the other hand, WAS the first anime tv series in Japan, EVER. Yep, he started the entire anime revolution that we have come to experience. He was animated by Osamu Tezuka, considered by many as the Walt Disney of Japan. With over 193 black-and-white episodes, 50 color episodes, product endorsement, merchandising, etc. etc... Astroboy remains a strong part of Japanese culture, as he is still being shown on all kinds of merchandise. Astroboy returned to the air waves via a new series.

There you go. I follow Optimus Prime up with two Japanese animation heavyweights.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:05 PM   #216
Easy Mac

WSUCougar selects: Johnny Quest
BigJohn&TheLions selects: Killer (the buzzard from Bugs Bunny)

Tigercat is on the clock.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #217
Tigercat
College Starter

With our third round pick, we select:

The Pink Panther
6'0"
200lbs
40:4.10(hes a panther for Gods sakes!)
NFL comparison:Marshall Faulk

Positives:Another guy thats been around for a while. Hes shifty and angile, able to elude defenders. And how many cartoon characters have their own instrumental piece that they can INSTANTLY be recognized by?
Negatives:These days he doesn't have many vehicles for his notriety. Gets more face time from insolation than anything else.
Conclusion:Hes got fame, a well used product sponsorship, and his own instrumental piece, what more could you want?
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:11 PM   #218
oykib
College Starter

I figured that I could go with a later round pick to take this next character. But with so many anime characters dropping off the board, I guess that I have to do it now.

With my third round selection I take, from Macross/Robotech:

Lynn Minmei

She was the character with the biggest following at her zenith in Japan. She made Mari Ijima (the voice actress) a star all over Asia. Minmei led to the tie-ins of voice actors and pop stars that we have today in Japan.

In America, though the level of the voice actress was much lower, it is still Minmei's pivotal role as the mercurial sometime girlfriend that drives Rick to join the RDF in order to try and impress her. She also is the single most important character to the final destruction plan of the vast Zentraedi armada.

With this pick I feel that I've cornered the market on females with the two most popular original cartoon female characters worldwide.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #219
Danny
Head Coach

I will select the first ever animated character to appear on television, Felix the Cat

Last edited by Danny : 02-08-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:29 PM   #220
Easy Mac

koruptor is now on the clock.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #221
Sublime
High School JV

I LOVED Felix the Cat!! I never actually saw it on tv but i always used to rent the videos. I was wondering if anyone else thought Felix was worth drafting.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #222
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

woohoo my pick! I'm sticking with my cartoons that kick ass theory.
Holy UTEP Football, I select Batman!

oh yea, the batman cartoons always kicked ass, batman the animated series is plain awesome. plust batman woops all.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #223
Easy Mac

Kingfc22 is up
Old 02-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #224
kingfc22
Head Coach

George.

This man raised by apes with no normal human skills could fly from tree to tree and he always ended up with the hot chick. What more could you ask for? Also, has influenced a couple of movies animated and live action as well.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:49 AM   #225
Easy Mac

SirFozzie is on the clock until 12:11,

at which point Ragone can jump in for his 2 picks.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #226
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Princess Alurra -- Voltron (Lions Edition)
Old 02-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #227
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
woohoo my pick! I'm sticking with my cartoons that kick ass theory.
Holy UTEP Football, I select Batman!

oh yea, the batman cartoons always kicked ass, batman the animated series is plain awesome. plust batman woops all.

That was the other one I was going back and forth on. Batman kept action cartoons alive during the dark years of the early to mid 90s before we got this recent cartoon renaissance. Basically, after the Ninja Turtles in the late 80s/early 90s, and Power Rangers, a little after, had died down, everyone was pulling animation from their programming. NBC pulled the plug on their block that had been anchored by Smurfs for about a billion years, ABC was "re-engineering" their Disney and Warner Brothers based cartoons, and CBS pulled theirs which had the really long running TMNT and Garfield. Then there was Fox's kids block, the fledgling network the went on to have some now-classic cartoons on it (X-Men, Spiderman, The Tick) but the new superhero craze was ushered in by the success of Batman: TAS. Well, the story isn't quite so cut and dry, syndication means a lot of stuff was on a lot of stations and Batman didn't entirely bring back superhero cartoons as it did ride the coattails of the movies and people's like of superheroes coming from TMNT but you get the idea.

I suppose there's some irony in that it was then scarfed up by WB to anchor their block in the late 90s which had been anchored by shows like Animaniacs and Tiny Toons before eventually discovering a small electric rat from Japan and changing everything. Then WB proceeded to crush Fox, force Saban (of Power Rangers fame) out of the position of power he'd been in for 10 years, and Fox kids block is just now starting to make a bit of a comeback. Then again, there's a ton of competition from the Nickelodeon block on ABC and increased pressure from places like Cartoon Network but that's another story for another day.

SI

Old 02-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #228
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well.. With the Last pick in this round.. i take clearly the Fastest Cartoon in the draft..

Roadrunner
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #229
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Princess Alurra -- Voltron (Lions Edition)

Is there any other edition worth talking about?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #230
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There was that dumb setup where they had like a thousand pieces that formed Voltron. That version sucked. I could never figure out what was going on. Too many friggin characters, and they tried to show every friggin' one of 'em.

At least, that's the thoughts I had when I was 8 years old, which was like, 4 days ago or something.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #231
Danny
Head Coach

Ragone, you're still up.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #232
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i know.. i'm considering my options at this point.. gonna take a bit longer
Old 02-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #233
Ragone
Pro Rookie

With my other pick.. i choose to take clearly the most fiendish intelligent cartoon of all times..

The Brain
Old 02-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #234
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
With my other pick.. i choose to take clearly the most fiendish intelligent cartoon of all times..

The Brain

Aw. I was hoping he would last another round or two. Maurice Lamarche has one of the best voices in all cartoon-dom.

SI

Old 02-09-2004, 11:11 PM   #235
Easy Mac

SirFozzie's pick is due by 4, or elsekingfc22 gets a selection
Old 02-09-2004, 11:37 PM   #236
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wakko Warner-Animaniacs
Old 02-10-2004, 12:09 AM   #237
Easy Mac

Animaniacs was one of the top cartoons of the 90's.

Kingfc22 is up
Old 02-10-2004, 12:28 AM   #238
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

hurry up, i wanna pick. lol
Old 02-10-2004, 01:42 AM   #239
kingfc22
Head Coach

ALVIN!!!!!

What can you say for this chipmunk who's been around since the 1950's.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:43 AM   #240
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

nice pick kingfc22. damn Now i gotta think, I had a pick lined up, but i fogot it for a sec
Old 02-10-2004, 01:45 AM   #241
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

oh yea I gots it. This might be a reach. but he is the Freaking man! one of my favorite cartoons ever, now showing on cartoon network

Here's Johhhhhhhhhhhny
Johnny Bravo!
Old 02-10-2004, 01:46 AM   #242
Danny
Head Coach

When I was 7, I won three gold fish at a fair. I named them Alvin, Simon and Theodore. Of course, Theodore, being the fat fish, died first.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:46 AM   #243
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

lmao eagle. poor fish
Old 02-10-2004, 02:22 AM   #244
Danny
Head Coach

I have some real classics on my team thus far, but am lacking in the hits of today. I select perhaps the most marketable and the best cartoon character of the last few years, SpongeBob SquarePants He also happens to rank 9th on TVGuides all time list and 20th on Wizards list.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:39 AM   #245
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

good job, I was either taken him or bravo, but i couldnt take a damn sponge that lives in a pineapple. my crew isnt takin any sissys, well yet anyway. we got muscle. figure we'll run the ball up the gut. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:43 AM   #246
Danny
Head Coach

I have Daffy Duck, Winnie the Pooh, Felix the Cat and SpongeBob SquarePants. I think I'll need to grab a bad ass with my next pick. Anyway...

I think I'll line up Daffy at QB. Sure, he's not quite the athlete Bugs is, but he should still be a top 5 QB.

Winnie the Pooh will be my nose tackle. He's a bear for Pete's sake. Plus, he'll have some extra motivation from his two favorite things, Honey and Honies.

Felix the Cat is the most versatile player selected. With his magic bag of tricks, he can play anywhere. Still, I think I'll line him up as my shut down corner.

Anyone who saw the episode where Sponge was pounded on over and over again by a big bully fish knows that he feels nothing and take an unlimited amount of punishment. He will line up as my RB. The tacklers with bounce right off him, literally.

Needs: I still need to grab a big time playmaker at LB and someone who can get to the quarterback from the end. With Pooh in the middle, any Middle Linebacker I pick up should be able to roam free.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:12 AM   #247
oykib
College Starter

Buzz Lightyear

I was gonna take someone else here before I checked the list again and saw that Buzz was still on the board.

> The most popular CG animated character ever
> A merchandising powerhouse (toys, games, posters, etc.) worldwide
> Two #1 box office blockbusters and a third on the way
> A cartoon
> The most popular character from the first truly successful CG film or TV series
Old 02-10-2004, 05:51 AM   #248
Danny
Head Coach

Solid pick, although I personally find Woody to be the better character though..
Old 02-10-2004, 05:59 AM   #249
oykib
College Starter

A lot of people like Woody. But Buzz is the bigger draw. Woody never got his own cartoon. Parents never lined up to kill each other to pick up a Woody at Christmas, either.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:48 AM   #250
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib
Parents never lined up to kill each other to pick up a Woody at Christmas, either.

Heh....
Heh Heh.....
Heh Heh Heh........