Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-16-2003, 09:00 PM   #201
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hooks And Iain Dominate Odin And Gnu vs Pancho O'Kelly

TITLE FIGHT - Weigh In

Hooks steps on the scale....153 lbs.

Pancho O'Kelly steps on the scale...153 lbs.

Jim Lampley "Well this looks like it could be a very interesting battle. Hooks is a dominating fighter with a 17-3-1 record, and a shinning star in the Hooks Gym, which has produced 43 titles and has a lifetime record of 1163-708-82 in the Southeast. The only knock on Hooks is that he lacks finishing power. He has only 4 KO wins in his career, but he counteracts that by having great conditioning and chin, which has allowed him to take punches from the best of them, resulting in only 1 KO loss.

Hooks is stepping to the podium to face the press...let's go there now."

The current Belt holder in the Southeast Region - Hooks And Iain Dominate Odin And Gnu

Teddy Atlas, "Hooks, you've been real successful rising quickly in the weight class, you've fought a lot of really tough opponents, how does Pancho stack up?"

Hooks, "He doesn't. I fight better opponents when I spar, I fight better opponents in my sleep, heck, my wife hits hard than Pancho."

Atlas, "How do you know that...you've never fought Pancho before?"

Hooks, "I know, because I know these things. I got eyes. I can see the man fight. I know he can't hurt me. Nobody named Ian Gonzales can hurt me."

Stiener, "His name is Pancho O'Kelly."

Hooks, "That's what I said, Juan O'Reilly."

Stiener, "Pancho O'Kelly."

Hooks, "Yeah, yeah, Jose O'Shea."

Stiener, "PANCHO....O'nevermind."

Hooks, "Someone with that kind of name isn't capable of hurting a fighter like me."

Kellerman, "Isn't that sort of strange coming from someone with 7 words in his name?"

Hooks, "That's beside the point. O'nevermind shouldn't even be in the ring with me. I have training partners in my Gym back home who would beat him."

Burt Sugar, "Don't you think your taking a very hot fighter a little lightly?"

Hooks, "He came in light...oh he's really dead meat then."

Sugar, "Pancho has won 9 in row and over half by KO...I think he's dangerous."

Hooks, "No he isn't. I'm the best and there is no questioning it. I have to get back to training, but could you tell me something?"

Kellerman, "What?"

Hooks, "I'm confused...what nationality is the Pancho O'nevemind anyway....German?"

The entire press corp rolls there eyes and answers simultaneously, "Yes, German."

Hooks leaves the stage

Jim Lampley, "Pancho O'Kelly is a fighter that has worked very hard. He started off with two brutal matches against a tough fighter in the BiCentinial Gift Clincher, and he beat him so bad that Clincher retired. Pancho has been a streaky fighter, and currently he's on a hot streak...going 9-0-1 in his last 10 fights. Pancho has been around the block a few times. He has a total of 25 fights under his belt, substatially more than Hooks, but Joe Bagadonuts, Pancho's trainer, has less than 1/10th the number of fights under his belt that Hooks trainer has. In fact, in face to face matchups Joe is 1-3-1 against Hooks Gym fighters."

Pancho is stepping up to answer a few questions....

The Challenger Pancho O'Kelly

Kellerman, "Hooks couldn't even get your name right. Does that make you angry or more determined than ever."

Pancho, "No, I can't gut his nume rite eifer."

Larry Merchant, "What are you going to try to do tonight to win?"

Pancho, "Throw an Land moore poonches."

Merchant, "I mean tactics wise."

Pancho, "Oooo why didn' yoo saa soo the forst tim. I'll try pooting up sum gud poonch counts, while still usin sum peewer. If I gut behind, I may jab moore. However, if he trys to jab oonly to beat me...he coold be in fur a surprise."

Kellerman asks the rest of the reports, "Anybody getting this?"

Reporters respond with shrugs and head shakes

Kellerman, "Do we have any other questions for Pancho?"

Reports in unison, "No."

Kellerman, "Pancho...you're free to go."

Pancho, "I jus wan say, this is a bug fiet fur me. If I win, my name will go doon as one of the awl tum grat Irish/Latino fighters. God Bless my parents."

"Joe Joe...I hup yoor watching."
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #202
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

TITLE FIGHT

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 18 wins, 2 draws, and 5 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Pancho O`Kelly!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 17 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses fighting for Hooks Mentors Gym of Rape Rock (kånkelbär) (WTA Inc. out of Mayberry, North Carolina is Hooks And Iain Dominate Odin And Gnu!!

This bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pancho O`Kelly has 150.0 endurance points remaining.
Your tactics: aggressiveness = 5.0, power = 7.0, defense = 8.0, resting 0.0

O`Kelly feints and fakes. (feinting)
Gnu feints and fakes to keep his opponent away. (feinting)

Gnu feints with a right but then annoys O`Kelly with a jab to the solar plexus.
O`Kelly annoys Gnu with a cross to the solar plexus.
O`Kelly feints with a right but then lands a cross to the nose.
Gnu launches a straight right to the nose, but it's too slow .
O`Kelly probes with an uppercut to the stomach, but Gnu takes it in the forearms .
O`Kelly tries a right hand to the stomach, but Gnu pushes away .
Gnu feints with a left but then annoys O`Kelly with a jab to the stomach. O`Kelly ignores it.
Gnu throws a quick jab to the temple.
Gnu feints with a jab.
O`Kelly reaches with a hook to the chest, but Gnu blocks .
Gnu attempts a jab to the stomach, but O`Kelly knocks it away .
Gnu throws a jab to the head.
Gnu annoys O`Kelly with a right hand to the eye. O`Kelly sneers!
O`Kelly feints with a straight right.
O`Kelly probes with a left to the head, but Gnu takes it in the forearms .
O`Kelly launches a hook to the chin, but misses completely .
O`Kelly probes with a hook to the chin, but Gnu takes it on the gloves .
Gnu feints with a left but then throws a quick jab to the mouth.
Gnu charges with a jab to the chest, but misses completely .
O`Kelly fires a jab to the head, but Gnu partially deflects it .
Gnu tries to land a jab to the temple, but O`Kelly deflects it .
Gnu feints with a left but then lands a jab to the head.
O`Kelly fires a left to the eye, but it's soft .
O`Kelly feints with a right but then hits with a hook to the face.
O`Kelly lunges with a sweeping right to the solar plexus, but Gnu partially deflects it .
Gnu charges with a jab to the stomach, but O`Kelly partially deflects it .
O`Kelly feints with a left but then lands a right hand to the face.
Gnu feints with a right but then throws a jab to the mouth.
Gnu launches a jab to the chin, but O`Kelly deflects it .
O`Kelly feints with a right but then annoys Gnu with a quick overhand right to the face.
Gnu tries a jab to the head, but falls short .

BELL!

According to the Commentators:

Pacho O`Kelly landed 20 of 55 punches -- 9 power punches, 2 jabs, 9 rights. (67 points)
Hooks And Iain Dominate Odin And Gnu landed 32 of 58 punches -- 1 power punch, 30 jabs, 1 right. (67 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

The fight is too close to call at this point.

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest.

Gnu doesn't need to rest.

Your fighter lost 1.3 points of endurance this round due to damage, and 2.0 points due to fatigue. He took 1.9 points of stun damage this round. He has accumulated 1 point of damage in the fight.

ROUND 2

Pacho O`Kelly has 147.0 endurance points remaining.
Your tactics: aggressiveness = 5.0, power = 11.0, defense = 4.0, resting 0.0
You are trying to knock him out this round.

O`Kelly throws everything he's got! (all out)
Gnu feints and fakes. (feinting)

O`Kelly probes with an overhand right to the face, but Gnu partially deflects it .
O`Kelly launches an uppercut to the eye, but Gnu knocks it away .
O`Kelly tries an uppercut to the head, but Gnu partially deflects it .
O`Kelly throws a sweeping right to the face, but Gnu deflects it .
Gnu reaches with a jab to the temple, but O`Kelly ducks .
Gnu feints with a left but then lands a jab to the chest.
Gnu lashes out with a jab to the ribs, but it's short .
O`Kelly fires a roundhouse to the jaw, but Gnu takes it on the gloves .
O`Kelly punches Gnu with a right hand to the eye.
Gnu lands a jab to the eye.
Gnu connects with a jab to the stomach. O`Kelly sneers!
Gnu reaches with a jab to the head, but O`Kelly slips it .
Gnu throws a jab to the chest, but O`Kelly ducks .
O`Kelly jolts Gnu with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!
Gnu tries a jab to the temple, but O`Kelly takes it in the forearms .
Gnu throws a cross to the mouth, but O`Kelly slips it .
O`Kelly belts Gnu with a stiff uppercut to the mouth. Gnu backpedals to his own corner.
O`Kelly tries to land a sweeping right to the head, but Gnu blocks .
Gnu feints with a right but then hits with a jab to the stomach. O`Kelly quickly recovers.
Gnu tags O`Kelly with a jab to the chest.
O`Kelly annoys Gnu with a quick hook to the eye.
Gnu attempts a jab to the mouth, but O`Kelly slips it .
Gnu feints with a right but then hits O`Kelly with a jab to the chest.
Gnu feints with a jab.
Gnu attempts a jab to the stomach, but O`Kelly knocks it away .

O`Kelly lands a telling straight and Gnu lands flat on his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Pacho O`Kelly wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:22

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest. He has swelling around his left eye. He has swelling around his right eye.

Gnu doesn't need to rest. He has swelling around his right eye. He has bleeding below his right eye. He has bleeding over his left eye. He has a bloody lip.

Your fighter lost 8.1 points of endurance this round due to damage, and 3.0 points due to fatigue. He took 11.6 points of stun damage this round. He has accumulated 9 points of damage in the fight.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:49 AM   #203
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagadonuts

Stiener, "Joe, you got a title."

Joe, "Finally, it was a long hard road, but we finally got one."

Stiener, "Did you expect Pancho would be the one to get it for you?"

Joe, "That's kind of an interesting questions. I though Pancho would, then I thought it would be Hurricane, then Butcher, then Hurricane again, then Pancho got hot and look what happened."

Atlas, "Real risky strategy to go allout on a fighter like Hooks in the second round."

Joe, "No guts no glory."

Burt Sugar, "Will Pancho be talking to us?"

Joe, "Maybe, he's so overwhelmed right now...he can't even talk."
Old 12-17-2003, 07:32 AM   #204
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Now the question is...can Pancho repeat next week? If so, he'll be the first FOFC fighter to move out of regionals and into international contenders for a chance at a World Title. That'll be a good ways off though. World title contenders have rating and status of 28 while Pancho has rating and status of 15 currently.

Other FOFC boxers and how close they are to a shot at a regional title:

Hunter: With two or three more consecutive wins will probably get a shot, but that will be a challenge against the best of the SE heavyweights.

Cherries: A couple more wins in a row, coupled with the move down to cruiserweight at the end of the year, will give him a shot at a title.

Butcher: Again, two wins in a row (a tall order since he has a very challenging matchup this week) would give Butcher a definite shot at the title (if Cherries doesn't take the opportunity away temporarily). Even winning his next fight could potentially give him a third bout against Cruiserweight title holder Empire Maker for a regional title.

Hurricane: Should have an easy win this week, couple that with another two wins in a row and he should have a title shot.

Blade: Blade's had a very unfortunate run as of late, but running off 5 or so consecutive wins will put him close to a title bout.

Beans: Beans is a ways off currently, probably needing about 8 or so consecutive wins to have a shot at the title.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:09 AM   #205
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I would like to take a moment once again to thank JAG. His assistance has been paramount in the recent success of the gym. If you are still reading and following along, and especially if you had any interest in the Pancho Title fight...you should thank him as well.

I honestly don't believe I would have ever gotten a title without his assistance. This thread takes a lot of time, when you add in scouting and fight planning the amount of time increases substantially. I didn't have the time or the level or interest to do what it would take to get a title. By doing the scounting and most of the planning, JAG has freed me up to do more creative writing, and improved our chances of winning.

It's too bad Bertogarce appears to the AWOL. He was very into this dynasty a while back. In fact, if I remember his correctly, his sig included Pancho's record. Undoubtedly, he would be thrilled with the title, but it appears he's totally gone from the board.

Some very difficult decissions may be coming up for this dynasty. JAG's time is about to become more restricted, which once again places me in the possition of running the show. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm capable of beating (at least on a regular enough basis) the gyms and fighters we are currently facing. Regardless, we'll see how it goes and cross that bridge when the time comes.

Sincerely,
Joe Bagadonuts
Old 12-18-2003, 12:33 PM   #206
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 167 pounds (76 kilograms) with a record of 16 wins, 1 draw, and 7 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 1 inch(185 centimeters) tall weighing in at 164 pounds (74 kilograms) with a record of 15 wins, 2 draws, and 6 losses fighting for Slobber Knocker`s out of Lawrenceville, Georgia is Uvant Sum Ofdis!!

ROUND 1

Hurricane stays outside and uses his jab. (outside)
Ofdis fights from outside. (outside)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 69 of 114 punches -- 1 power punch, 67 jabs, 1 right. (141 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 33 of 53 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 10-9.

Hurricane doesn't need to rest.

Ofdis doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 66 of 120 punches -- 1 power punch, 64 jabs, 1 right. (135 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 33 of 57 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 56 of 103 punches -- 1 power punch, 54 jabs, 1 right. (115 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 34 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 24 jabs, 5 rights. (83 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 30-27.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 65 of 117 punches -- 1 power punch, 63 jabs, 1 right. (133 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 32 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 52 of 113 punches -- 1 power punch, 50 jabs, 1 right. (107 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 32 of 57 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 50-45.

ROUND 6

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 58 of 125 punches -- 1 power punch, 56 jabs, 1 right. (119 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 34 of 59 punches -- 5 power punches, 24 jabs, 5 rights. (83 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 60-54.

Hurricane grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 53 of 144 punches -- 1 power punch, 51 jabs, 1 right. (109 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 36 of 56 punches -- 6 power punches, 24 jabs, 6 rights. (90 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 70-63.

ROUND 8

Hurricane appears to be resting (outside)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 2 of 10 punches -- 0 power punches, 2 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 33 of 50 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Uvant Sum Ofdis won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 79-73.

ROUND 9

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 54 of 104 punches -- 1 power punch, 52 jabs, 1 right. (111 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 36 of 51 punches -- 6 power punches, 24 jabs, 6 rights. (90 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 89-82.

ROUND 10

Hurricane is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 1 of 9 punches -- 0 power punches, 1 jab, 0 right. (2 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 23 of 51 punches -- 4 power punches, 15 jabs, 4 rights. (58 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 98-92.

ROUND 11

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 20 of 55 punches -- 3 power punches, 14 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 107-102.

ROUND 12

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 1 of 9 punches -- 0 power punches, 1 jab, 0 right. (2 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 20 of 50 punches -- 3 power punches, 14 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 116-112.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 2: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 3: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 4: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 5: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 6: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 7: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 8: Uvant Sum Ofdis 10-9
Round 9: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 10-9
Round 10: Uvant Sum Ofdis 10-9
Round 11: Uvant Sum Ofdis 10-9
Round 12: Uvant Sum Ofdis 10-9

Total Score: Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 116-112

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders wins by decision!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:52 PM   #207
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Hurricane Saunders

Hurricane comes walking in carrying what looks to be a birthday cake

Teddy Atlas, "Hurricane you seemed to have a real good ryth....

Hurricane inturrupts, "All I want to say is...this fight was this...."

Hurricane takes his cake and walks off the stage

Reporters look at each other confused.

Kellerman, "A Birthday party?"

Foreman, "Snack?"

Kellerman, "Only you eat a whole cake for a snack."

Lampley, "A parade."

Atlas, "One person is not a parade."

Joe Bagadonuts walks up to the mic, "For all the slow members of the press, (mumbling, which is just about all of you), he was stating the fight was a Cake Walk."

Kellerman, "If he wanted to say it was a cake walk, he should have put on a cake costume and walked around. Hell, he put on that stupid Colonel Sanders outfit."

Joe, "I wouldn't say that too loud if I was you."

Burt Sugar, "I think he's bucking for a Sara Lee endorsement."
Old 12-19-2003, 05:11 AM   #208
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 1 inch(185 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 10 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss fighting for Murf`s House of Pain (formerly with Glove Connection) out of Nashville, Tennessee is David "Devastator" Jones!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 16 wins, 0 draws, and 9 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Cuts like a Razor "Blade"!!

ROUND 1

Devastator goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Blade is clinching a lot. (clinching)

David "Devastator" Jones landed 9 of 40 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 9 of 38 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)

Devastator doesn't need to rest.

Blade doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Devastator goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

David "Devastator" Jones landed 9 of 36 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 9 of 39 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)

Blade doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Devastator dances around the ring. (using the ring)

David "Devastator" Jones landed 8 of 36 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (29 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 9 of 41 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

David "Devastator" Jones landed 9 of 30 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 8 of 38 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (28 points)

David "Devastator" Jones won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

David "Devastator" Jones is winning the fight 40-39.

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

David "Devastator" Jones landed 9 of 35 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 9 of 41 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)

David "Devastator" Jones is winning the fight 50-49.

Devastator remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Blade grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

David "Devastator" Jones landed 9 of 32 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 8 of 38 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (28 points)

David "Devastator" Jones won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

David "Devastator" Jones is winning the fight 60-58.

Blade grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

Blade appears to be resting (clinching)

David "Devastator" Jones landed 9 of 31 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)

David "Devastator" Jones won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

David "Devastator" Jones is winning the fight 70-67.

Blade is obviously tired.

ROUND 8

Blade goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Devastator smashes Blade with a big right to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Blade lands a powerful combination and Devastator lands flat on his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:46
Old 12-19-2003, 05:18 AM   #209
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagdonuts

Teddy Atlas, "What a close fight, I don't think I've ever seen one where the first 6 rounds were basically punch for punch. All 6 of those rounds could have been a draw."

Joe, "Jones and Blade were pretty equally matched. I think Jones was a little better conditioned but Blade was a little stronger. Jones' chin may be a little suspect too, but Blade is strong so maybe I wrong about that."

Sugar Ray, "Do you know what the score on the cards was at the time of the KO?"

Joe, "We were losing. Mac told me...and no - not with his psychic powers, that the announcers had us only down 1 round, but I think on most cards we were down 2."

Larry Merchant, "Blade seemed to be tiring faster than Jones, did that surprise you and did you think Blade had enough left to KO Jones like he did?"

Joe, "Tiring faster didn't surprise me. Blade's conditioning has fallen off recently, I'm not sure why. He really tired pretty quickly in the fight before this one. We knew we were in trouble so we rested in the 7th. I didn't know if that would be enough of a break to get him ready for a KO, but I knew we weren't going to win on the cards if we were resting already. I knew if it went 12 we were going to have to rest a couple more times, and we were already losing. So I had him open up, and thank goodness it worked."
Old 12-19-2003, 05:21 AM   #210
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 4 inches (193 centimeters) tall weighing in at 190 pounds (86 kilograms) with a record of 15 wins, 1 draw, and 4 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Brian "The Butcher" Babson!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 11 inches (180 centimeters) tall weighing in at 180 pounds (82 kilograms) with a record of 15 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses fighting for General Clark`s WeBL Headqaurters(SS2) out of Little Rock, Arkansas is Donald "La EME" Garcia !!

ROUND 1

The Butcher is counter-punching. (counter-punching)
La EME goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 12 of 33 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (44 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 17 of 44 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (61 points)

Donald "La EME" Garcia won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Donald "La EME" Garcia is winning the fight 10-9.

The Butcher doesn't need to rest.

La EME doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

The Butcher is counter-punching. (counter-punching)
La EME dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 10 of 36 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 10 of 37 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)

Donald "La EME" Garcia is winning the fight 20-19.

ROUND 3

The Butcher backpedals. (outside)

La EME lashes out with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 31 of 72 punches -- 1 power punch, 29 jabs, 1 right. (65 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 7 of 42 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

ROUND 4

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 29 of 56 punches -- 1 power punch, 27 jabs, 1 right. (61 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 8 of 26 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 39-38.

The Butcher remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 28 of 60 punches -- 1 power punch, 26 jabs, 1 right. (59 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 11 of 45 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 49-47.

ROUND 6

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 31 of 73 punches -- 1 power punch, 29 jabs, 1 right. (65 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 11 of 39 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 59-56.

ROUND 7

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 33 of 66 punches -- 1 power punch, 31 jabs, 1 right. (69 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 32 of 95 punches -- 8 power punches, 16 jabs, 8 rights. (88 points)

Donald "La EME" Garcia won the round 10-9 with aggressive power punching.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 68-66.

La EME remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 8

The Butcher fights from outside. (outside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 44 of 81 punches -- 1 power punch, 42 jabs, 1 right. (91 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 41 of 79 punches -- 10 power punches, 21 jabs, 10 rights. (112 points)

Donald "La EME" Garcia won the round 10-9 with power punching.

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 77-76.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a cut below his left eye.

ROUND 9

The Butcher fights from outside. (outside)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 43 of 81 punches -- 1 power punch, 41 jabs, 1 right. (89 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 29 of 69 punches -- 8 power punches, 13 jabs, 8 rights. (82 points)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson is winning the fight 87-86.

The Butcher grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a cut below his left eye.

ROUND 10

The Butcher appears to be resting (outside)
La EME feints and jabs aggressively. (feinting)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson landed 5 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 3 jabs, 1 right. (13 points)
Donald "La EME" Garcia landed 91 of 120 punches -- 2 power punches, 87 jabs, 2 rights. (188 points)

Donald "La EME" Garcia won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

ROUND 11

The Butcher throws everything he's got! (all out)
La EME feints and jabs aggressively. (feinting)

Ouch! The Butcher jars La EME with a big uppercut to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!!

The Butcher throws an overhand right to the head. La EME supports himself on the ropes! He's hurt!!!

The Butcher lands a telling right cross and La EME hurtles to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Brian "The Butcher" Babson wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:21
Old 12-19-2003, 05:26 AM   #211
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Burt Sugar, "Joe, this was a real cat and mouse fight. You both start off with power punches, the Butcher switches to jabs and gets a lead. Then Garcia ups his effort with a combo of power and jabs, then Butcher ups his effort, Garcia goes to jabbing then Butcher rests and POW, he brings the lumber."

Joe, "Really was a chess match in the ring. To be honest I thought we were in trouble. Butcher was winded, but he's a tough cookie. He got his breath with the rest round, then he asked if he could go after him. Since score was close and it appeared to me from the 10th round that Garcia was content to jab for the victory...I said sure - and it worked out."

Foreman, "If Garcia had stayed with his strategy from the 9th round, a lot of punches but still good power, would you have opened up?"

Joe, "Only in the 12th if that level of activity had worn him out. Otherwise we try to get a lead and hold on in the 12th."
Old 12-19-2003, 12:04 PM   #212
Blade
College Prospect

Damn, my conditioning is off...too much McDonalds or something?

At least I managed to pull out the win, but that was not the type of fight I was used to!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #213
Travis
Pro Rookie

Great job, got the entire gym on a roll after winning your first title, keep up the hot streak!
Old 12-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #214
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The current Lord of the Rings movie out is Return of the King, but tonight's heavyweight doubleheader would be dubbed The Two Towers. Cherries goes against a beanpole 6' 10" giant while Hunter goes against an even taller 7' 1" behemoth.

For Cherries, the plan of the night is going to be stick and clinch. If his oppoennt tries to jab his way out of trouble, Cherries will unload on him. If he tries to use his height to look for a counterblow, Cherries will use his great strength to neutralize his opponent's questionable strength. Cherries should have no difficulty getting a win either by KO or decision.

Hunter has a more difficult task, as this 7-footer is much slimmer than Megalon, the last 7 foot boxer he faced. Stink of Poo (what is with poo in these boxer's names recently?) has used a variety of tactics, but Hunter will have to start out somewhat careful so as not to be caught with a powerful counterblow. If he feels his opponent is trying to run away, Jace'll throw caution to the wind. Otherwise, it'll probably be a full fight of powerful blows inside from Hunter with an occasional round off to rest up for the next big blow. The result will hinge on the tactics adopted by his opponent: if he's careful but not overly careful, Stink of Poo could end up with an upset victory.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:16 AM   #215
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 211 pounds (96 kilograms) with a record of 18 wins, 0 draws, and 6 losses fighting for FOFCGym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Les "their" Cherries!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 10 inches (208 centimeters) tall weighing in at 222 pounds (101 kilograms) with a record of 14 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses fighting for FOWL PLAY H.O.H out of CHARLOTTE, North Carolina is Fin Vanderhood!!

ROUND 1

their is clinching a lot. (clinching)
Vanderhood is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Les "their" Cherries landed 27 of 92 punches -- 1 power punch, 25 jabs, 1 right. (57 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 12 of 27 punches -- 1 power punch, 10 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 10-9.

their doesn't need to rest.

Vanderhood doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

their jabs and clinches when his opponent closes. (clinching)

Les "their" Cherries landed 39 of 118 punches -- 1 power punch, 37 jabs, 1 right. (81 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 24 of 45 punches -- 1 power punch, 22 jabs, 1 right. (51 points)

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

their jabs and clinches when his opponent closes. (clinching)

Les "their" Cherries landed 38 of 112 punches -- 1 power punch, 36 jabs, 1 right. (79 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 24 of 44 punches -- 1 power punch, 22 jabs, 1 right. (51 points)

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

their throws everything he's got! (all out)
Vanderhood backpedals. (outside)

their catches Vanderhood with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

their pops Vanderhood with an excellent hook to the solar plexus. Vanderhood is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

Les "their" Cherries landed 14 of 58 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 22 of 41 punches -- 1 power punch, 20 jabs, 1 right. (47 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 by stunning Vanderhood.

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

their is a raging bull! (all out)

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 45 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 38 of 63 punches -- 1 power punch, 36 jabs, 1 right. (79 points)

Fin Vanderhood won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 49-46.

ROUND 6

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 52 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 39 of 64 punches -- 1 power punch, 37 jabs, 1 right. (81 points)

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 58-56.

their remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 7

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 46 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 39 of 63 punches -- 1 power punch, 37 jabs, 1 right. (81 points)

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 67-66.

ROUND 8

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 48 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 41 of 69 punches -- 1 power punch, 39 jabs, 1 right. (85 points)

Vanderhood remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 9

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 41 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 40 of 60 punches -- 1 power punch, 38 jabs, 1 right. (83 points)

Fin Vanderhood is winning the fight 86-85.

ROUND 10

Vanderhood stays outside and uses his jab. (outside)

their lands a vicious left haymaker and Vanderhood goes down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

Vanderhood climbs to his feet and the fight goes on!

Les "their" Cherries landed 9 of 47 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 41 of 72 punches -- 1 power punch, 39 jabs, 1 right. (85 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 95-94.

ROUND 11

Vanderhood stays outside and uses his jab. (outside)

their surprises Vanderhood with a wild overhand right to the nose. Vanderhood is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

their lands a big right cross and Vanderhood staggers. He reaches for the ropes ... and misses!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Vanderhood doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

Les "their" Cherries landed 10 of 49 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 42 of 77 punches -- 1 power punch, 40 jabs, 1 right. (87 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 105-102.

Vanderhood grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 12

their is backpedaling. (using the ring)
Vanderhood throws everything he's got! (all out)

Vanderhood hits their with a head butt! The Ref must be blind!

Les "their" Cherries landed 1 of 8 punches -- 0 power punches, 1 jab, 0 right. (2 points)
Fin Vanderhood landed 8 of 38 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (32 points)

Les "their" Cherries is winning the fight 114-112.

Vanderhood grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Round 1: Les "their" Cherries 10-9
Round 2: Les "their" Cherries 10-9
Round 3: Les "their" Cherries 10-9
Round 4: Les "their" Cherries 10-9
Round 5: Fin Vanderhood 10-9
Round 6: Fin Vanderhood 10-9
Round 7: Fin Vanderhood 10-9
Round 8: Fin Vanderhood 10-9
Round 9: Fin Vanderhood 10-9
Round 10: Les "their" Cherries 10-8
Round 11: Les "their" Cherries 10-8
Round 12: Fin Vanderhood 10-9

Total Score: Les "their" Cherries 114-112

Les "their" Cherries wins by decision!

Last edited by Breeze : 12-22-2003 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:17 AM   #216
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 254 pounds (115 kilograms) with a record of 19 wins, 0 draws, and 5 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jace Hunter!!

In this corner, standing 7 feet and 1 inch(216 centimeters) tall weighing in at 268 pounds (122 kilograms) with a record of 23 wins, 0 draws, and 12 losses fighting for Hooks Mentors Gym of Rape Rock (kånkelbär) (WTA Inc. out of Mayberry, North Carolina is Stink Of Poo!!

ROUND 1

Hunter is throwing big punches. (inside)
Poo dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Hunter lands a mighty right cross and Poo is flattened!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

Poo climbs to his feet and the fight goes on!

Poo jars Hunter with a head butt! The audience is howling!

Hunter jars Poo with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Poo jars Hunter with a big uppercut to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Jace Hunter landed 13 of 52 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 9 of 25 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 10-8.

Hunter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Poo doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Hunter appears to be resting (clinching)

Poo belts Hunter with a head butt! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Jace Hunter landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 17 of 45 punches -- 5 power punches, 7 jabs, 5 rights. (49 points)

Stink Of Poo won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 19-18.

Poo doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Hunter catches Poo with an excellent uppercut to the eye. Poo staggers into the ropes!!

Poo jars Hunter with a big cross to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Jace Hunter landed 11 of 52 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 14 of 34 punches -- 4 power punches, 6 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-9 by stunning Poo.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 29-27.

Hunter is obviously tired.

Poo remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Poo is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Jace Hunter landed 1 of 10 punches -- 0 power punches, 1 jab, 0 right. (2 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 18 of 43 punches -- 4 power punches, 10 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 38-37.

Hunter is obviously tired.

ROUND 5

Stink Of Poo landed 19 of 40 punches -- 4 power punches, 11 jabs, 4 rights. (50 points)

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

Jace Hunter landed 3 of 10 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 15 of 52 punches -- 3 power punches, 9 jabs, 3 rights. (39 points)

Stink Of Poo won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Stink Of Poo is winning the fight 57-56.

ROUND 7

Poo jars Hunter with a head butt! It appears unintentional, but the referee sees it and takes a point away!!

Hunter lands a beautiful left uppercut and Poo stumbles to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

Poo struggles to his feet and the fight goes on!

Jace Hunter landed 13 of 30 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 14 of 36 punches -- 3 power punches, 8 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-7 for the knockdown. Poo had a point taken away.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 66-64.

Poo grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 8

Poo is counter-punching. (counter-punching)

Stink Of Poo landed 6 of 22 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)

Stink Of Poo won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 75-74.

ROUND 9

Jace Hunter landed 3 of 10 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 28 of 68 punches -- 2 power punches, 24 jabs, 2 rights. (62 points)

ROUND 10

Hunter lands a huge right bomb and Poo falls to the canvas!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

Jace Hunter landed 12 of 54 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (45 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 20 of 55 punches -- 1 power punch, 18 jabs, 1 right. (43 points)

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 94-92.

Poo is obviously tired.

ROUND 11

Stink Of Poo landed 33 of 69 punches -- 1 power punch, 31 jabs, 1 right. (69 points)

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 103-102.

Poo is obviously tired.

ROUND 12

Hunter lands a wicked combination and Poo topples to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

Jace Hunter landed 11 of 46 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (41 points)
Stink Of Poo landed 23 of 58 punches -- 1 power punch, 21 jabs, 1 right. (49 points)

Jace Hunter is winning the fight 113-110.

Poo is obviously tired.

Round 1: Jace Hunter 10-8
Round 2: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 3: Jace Hunter 10-9
Round 4: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 5: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 6: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 7: Jace Hunter 10-7
Round 8: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 9: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 10: Jace Hunter 10-8
Round 11: Stink Of Poo 10-9
Round 12: Jace Hunter 10-8

Total Score: Jace Hunter 113-110

Jace Hunter wins by decision!

Last edited by Breeze : 12-22-2003 at 05:22 AM.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:30 AM   #217
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Burt Sugar, "These two match ups were tough ones for your heavys. Real tall fighters that can move a little, well basically any tall fighter other than Megaladon, have given your heavyweights problems, so you have to feel good about these two wins."

Joe, "We feel great about the wins. Cherries is still training to get lighter and he beat a fighter that was one of the types that made us consider dropping weight, so that was very nice. As for Hunter, the one fear we've had was the tall rangy boxer that can score on the cards and make you pay if you try to hard to knock them out, but tonight Hunter was a monster. i mean we knocked him down 4 times and hurt him a couple more."

Sugar Ray, "Hunter went the distance again. Is that going to start becoming a trend."

Joe, "Doubt it. He had to rest quite a few rounds in order to go 12. The nice thing is we know we can let him rest 3 or 4 rounds if we need to - which allows us to get into the later rounds and gives us a few more options when setting up a fight plan."

Kellerman, "Any regrets about tonights fights?"

Joe, "Only that it looks like the WeBL is going force rematches for both Cherries and Hunter. That means we have to fight Vin an Stink of Poo again, and I'm so tired of fighters named Poo I could shhhhh..."

Mac interupting"It is time to go Joe."

Joe, "Ok..."

Joe leaves the stage...

Last edited by Breeze : 12-22-2003 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:35 PM   #218
Travis
Pro Rookie

Not another round of Poo, ah well, next time maybe he'll just stay down for 10 instead of getting back up and getting knocked around some more, great planning!
Old 12-23-2003, 06:47 AM   #219
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Gentlemen,

We will be taking a hiatus for the holidays. This weeks fight will be your last for the year and we'll probably start fighting again in early to mid January. Please continue to train on your own. I don't want anyone coming back in here overweight. If you do....I'll work you so hard you'll wish you were dead.

Have a nice Holiday

Joe Bagadonuts
Old 12-23-2003, 09:31 AM   #220
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Les for Champion!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #221
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Hurricane promises to only eat whole chickens over the holidays.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:42 AM   #222
Blade
College Prospect

Blade will work on running his head into brick walls over the holidays, hoping to toughen it up...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.

Last edited by Blade : 12-23-2003 at 10:42 AM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 05:31 AM   #223
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 167 pounds (76 kilograms) with a record of 16 wins, 1 draw, and 7 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 1 inch(185 centimeters) tall weighing in at 164 pounds (74 kilograms) with a record of 15 wins, 2 draws, and 6 losses fighting for Slobber Knocker`s out of Lawrenceville, Georgia is Uvant Sum Ofdis!!

ROUND 1

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 69 of 114 punches -- 1 power punch, 67 jabs, 1 right. (141 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 33 of 53 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 10-9.

ROUND 2

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 66 of 120 punches -- 1 power punch, 64 jabs, 1 right. (135 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 33 of 57 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 56 of 103 punches -- 1 power punch, 54 jabs, 1 right. (115 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 34 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 24 jabs, 5 rights. (83 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 65 of 117 punches -- 1 power punch, 63 jabs, 1 right. (133 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 32 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 52 of 113 punches -- 1 power punch, 50 jabs, 1 right. (107 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 32 of 57 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 50-45.

ROUND 6

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 58 of 125 punches -- 1 power punch, 56 jabs, 1 right. (119 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 34 of 59 punches -- 5 power punches, 24 jabs, 5 rights. (83 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 60-54.

ROUND 7

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 53 of 144 punches -- 1 power punch, 51 jabs, 1 right. (109 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 36 of 56 punches -- 6 power punches, 24 jabs, 6 rights. (90 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 70-63.

ROUND 8

Hurricane appears to be resting (outside)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 2 of 10 punches -- 0 power punches, 2 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 33 of 50 punches -- 5 power punches, 23 jabs, 5 rights. (81 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 79-73.

ROUND 9

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 54 of 104 punches -- 1 power punch, 52 jabs, 1 right. (111 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 36 of 51 punches -- 6 power punches, 24 jabs, 6 rights. (90 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 89-82.

ROUND 10

Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 23 of 51 punches -- 4 power punches, 15 jabs, 4 rights. (58 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 98-92.

ROUND 11

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 20 of 55 punches -- 3 power punches, 14 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 107-102.

ROUND 12

Uvant Sum Ofdis landed 20 of 50 punches -- 3 power punches, 14 jabs, 3 rights. (49 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 116-112.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders wins by decision!
Old 12-24-2003, 05:32 AM   #224
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jimmy cruises to an easy win in his last fight before the break

In case you are wondering - Pancho O'Kelly didn't have a fight schedule for this week - so he was able to go home early for the holiday.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #225
Travis
Pro Rookie

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaump
Old 01-13-2004, 05:12 AM   #226
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Travis,

JAG is getting married, I believe this weekend. So we discussed it and decided to wait until after his honeymoon to reopen the gym. No reason to start have 1 or 2 fights then break again. Also, I wasn't prepared to do this thread alone. JAG has provided most of the info and fight planning recently, which has lead to our strings of success. My job has been to do the write ups, spar the fighters, and look for holes in the plans. If I had tried to do the fight plans without JAGs input the fighters careers would have been set back a few weeks - better to wait.

By the way...when we start back up, don't expect to see Pancho O'Kelly or Butcher Babson. The number of fighters combined with the complexity of the fight plans is forcing us to cut back on the number of fighters we can handle. Since Bertogarce appears to be AWOL we'll drop Pancho - even though he has a title, and JAG's fighter is Butcher so his removal was an obvious choice.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:12 AM   #227
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Actually the marriage is the following week and the honeymoon is the week after that. I'll be back on the Super Bowl, so we'll definitely look to start up and kick some more butt then! We haven't forgotten ya.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #228
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hey, no problems from this corner, but a big congrats to JAG. Enjoy your last week of 'normalness'
Old 01-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #229
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Butcher is retiring?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:30 PM   #230
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Rumor is he's become so enamored with golf that he hasn't been keeping up with his boxing training. That and other boxers have taken to calling him 'that golf-playing sissy' and the jibes have started to hurt a bit. I would expect a news conference to be called at some point for some official word however.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:41 AM   #231
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Brian "The Butcher" Babson's Retirement Press Conference

A flock of four reporters and one young female crowd around a podium. A sunglasses-wearing Joe Bagadonuts walks Butcher to the podium while he takes his seat slightly behind it.

Brian “The Butcher” Babson: I’m sure you all are wondering what I am doing here today. I will get immediately to the point: I am here today to announce my retirement from boxing. I have had a great run in my career and had a shot at a regional title, but those three grueling matches against Empire Maker reduced my desire to be everyone’s punching bag. There are some (he glares daggers at the reporters) who claim I am retiring to spend more time on the golf course (a few muttered “friggen pansy”’s emanate from the reporters). While I continue to enjoy competing on the FOFC golf tour, I will continue to be involved in the FOFC gym. As many of you know, I have been aiding Joe with the most recent fight plans. I will continue in that capacity. In addition, I would like to announce that I have become a minority owner of the FOFC gym.

(at this, surprised murmurs escape the reporters as they glance at each other as if to say, “Had you heard this?” Joe Bagadonuts mutters to himself, “Minority owner? I don’t remember selling him any of the gym. Wait a minute, aw hell that’s why he was buying me all those drinks…)

Brian "The Butcher" Babson: “…I will also take over strength training for the other FOFC gym boxers. Each will have a custom made dumbbell they can name and bring with them everywhere they will go. I will show each boxer how to sleep with a dumbbell as a pillow and not wake up with a screaming headache and stiff neck…believe me, that takes practice. Finally, I want to thank Joe for all he has done for me and curse you miserable bastards in the press. You’ve been nothing but a bunch of lying scums and I’d be happy not seeing another one of you for the rest of my life. Thank you. I’ll now answer some questions”

Reporter1: Butcher, how do you answer rumors that you suffered nerve damage in your final bout against Empire Maker and its potential negative impact on your FOFC golf tour play, specifically your pitiful putting?

Butcher: Those rumors are way off, I’m just not used to keeping my strength in check. I have to remember not to hit that damn ball so far when I’m that close. Once I get more experienced, it won’t be a problem. Next question.

Reporter2: Would you ever consider a comeback if the situation was right?

Butcher: I don’t want to say there’s no chance, but it’s a very slim chance. I do feel like my career was incomplete without that regional title, but at this time no, I don’t see myself coming back. I have too many other interests to pursue.

Reporter3: Butcher, I think everyone here is wondering how you would respond to the allegations of sexual misconduct against you.

Butcher: Sexual misconduct? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reporter3: I’m referring to the story about an alleged incident involving a 19-year old girl and two trained weasels at the local Time for Sleepy Inn.

Butcher: This is the kind of vile slander I was talking about! There is absolutely NO SUBSTANCE to these allegations!

Reporter3: But Butcher (the girl in the crowd steps forward), Pookie here has detailed video footage of the event which appears to include you. And DNA testing confirmed that…

Butcher: NO SUBSTANCE! NO SUBSTANCE! DO YOU HEAR ME? (storms off the stage)

Reporter4: Joe, do you have any comment? Why make a nerve-damaged sexual deviant golf-playing sissy like Butcher a minority owner?

Joe ignores the question and walks off muttering “How many lunkheads can I have working for me?”
Old 01-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #232
Travis
Pro Rookie

Sniff, say it ain't so Butch, say it ain't so!