Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #201
Kodos
Resident Alien

Should have saved some of their scoring from the Tennessee game for a rainy day.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #202
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
So the Vikings can use steroids and other teams can't until this is sorted out?

The suspensions were blocked in part because the products that Pat and Kevin Williams tested postive for were not illegal drugs and Minnesota state law prohibits companies from disciplining employees for use of lawful products. So if there is some kind of steroid that is legal but otherwise banned by the NFL, then yes.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #203
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
I was shocked to see the Pats throw in the towel with the ball and more than five minutes left. I've seen the Colts come back to win at least twice in similar situations -- down 17 with 4 minutes left to Houston last year and down 21 to Tampa Bay with 4 minutes left in 2003.

Why would they keep Brady in in blow-outs but then completely give up in a game like this? Granted they had less than a 1% to win, but you have Brady, Moss, and Welker... you have to go for it until its over with the bye essentially on the line. Is this a broken team?

My thoughts exactly. If I have learned anything from watching the NFL over the years it is that if you have a good offense and time on the clock you aren't out of any game. I'd like to know why the Pats threw the towel in so early myself.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #204
RendeR
Coordinator

I think from watching the game that Belichek saw his players getting the piss beat out of them. look at Welker late in the game, he was beaten, he could barely run routes and was showing some severe alligator arms on crossing routes because they'd beaten the hell out of him. Maroney was putting on a good show but on the sidelines they showed he was dinged up on the shoulders from that hellacious hit he took early on.

I think Brady was getting beat up too and at that point Belli decided it was safer to just not get his primary players hurt in what for all intents and purposes was a lost game.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote