Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #201
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'm assuming he has Jackson who had a fairly awful game today with 58 yards rushing and 2 fumbles.

lol ok. I missed that
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #202
Jas_lov
College Starter

Wooooo!! The Packers win the game with 46 yards rushing and no offensive touchdowns! Much better performance in the opener that last year.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #203
TroyF
Coordinator

Mason Crosby was a steal for where he went in the draft. Will he miss some kicks? Sure, he can get hot/cold at time. But his leg NEVER goes cold. He's going to help the Packers with field position on kickoffs all year. He's going to hit some 50+ yarders as well. Glad to see the CU boy play well in his first pro game.

FWIW, I think the Packers are going to be pretty good this year and I think the Eagles win the NFC East by two games.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #204
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The Raiders evidently sold out the Mausoleum, so I'll be getting Raiders/Lions today...oh wells...I'll make the best of it and enjoy the ensuing hilarity
Old 09-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #205
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Culpepper starts for Oakland
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #206
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
The Raiders evidently sold out the Mausoleum, so I'll be getting Raiders/Lions today...oh wells...I'll make the best of it and enjoy the ensuing hilarity

All sorts of thrills in these late games. Cue up the circus music for the Lions/Raiders game where anything can happen with those two teams. Grossman against the Chargers defense should provide some entertainment. (either way for me, if the Bears win, the Chargers are 0-1, I'm good with it) Then the dropped passes bowl in Seattle where points will be awarded for every bobble each team makes.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #207
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Wooooo!! The Packers win the game with 46 yards rushing and no offensive touchdowns! Much better performance in the opener that last year.

Amazing. But their playcalling balance has to get fixed pronto. They're not going to win many games with a 46-17 pass-run split. Plus, Favre's arm will fall off if they keep this up.

Speaking of Favre, his stats weren't pretty but he showed that he's still got plenty left in the tank. If only they could get somebody, ANYBODY, to help him out. And I believe this win tied him for #1 all time.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #208
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

What a sack.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #209
TroyF
Coordinator

Phillips just caved Grossman. It would have been a fumble if he hadn't driven the ball through Grossman's chest.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #210
TroyF
Coordinator

Not watching the game, but I see Calvin Johnson already had a long catch in the Lions/Raiders game.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #211
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Fun stat: all of the Packers' 16 points were scored by their special teams units.

Last edited by Fonzie : 09-09-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #212
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Kitna picked off in the end zone.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #213
RedKingGold
College Starter

I really hope the Eagle's special teams coach is fired tomorrow.

I've seen high school teams play more prepared on special teams. Isn't this stuff they teach potential returners on the first day of camp?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #214
TroyF
Coordinator

This is why Turner sucks as a coach. He's going up against Rex Grossman, at home. He has a chip shot FG that can give him a 3 point lead. He decides to call a play and it ends up as a broken play.

They get the first down and I love aggressive coaches, but you have to know your opponent. Every point means something today. Even if you pick up the first down, it's no lock you get in against the Bears defense. They are good enough you could easily miss it. Take the points, save the aggressiveness for later.

It may still work, but I don't like that call at all.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #215
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Tennis?
Tennis?!
TENNIS!!!
You're showing me tennis?
It's opening day in the NFL and CBS is SHOWING FUCKING TENNIS!!!!!

I'm betting on a 60 minutes re-run next time The State of The Union Address is on with this precedent.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #216
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

all the punt returners on the Eagles better not pick up the phone tommorrow.. they are going to be scared that "Coach wants to see you. Bring your playbook."
Old 09-09-2007, 03:35 PM   #217
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Tennis?
Tennis?!
TENNIS!!!

I'm betting on a 60 minutes re-run next time The State of The Union Address is on with this precedent.

Only one network is going to have a double-header each week. It's been like that for around 20 years.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #218
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Tennis?
Tennis?!
TENNIS!!!

If it wasn't tennis it would be something else since only one network gets the doubleheader each week and Fox has it this week. CBS showed six games at 1 PM.

By the way, it has only been this way with the tennis following football ever since CBS got football back.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #219
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Tennis?
Tennis?!
TENNIS!!!

Uhh... you do have a FOX affiliate, right?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #220
TroyF
Coordinator

They keep the ball three plays, one of them a give up play on third and long, then get the FG blocked.

The FG could have been blocked before, I understand that, but why risk failing on fourth and short when you are going against that offense and that defense? Whoever said Turner was getting to the AFC title game this year, you're crazy. Turner will be lucky to get by the wild card round. He's as bad of a head coach as you'll find in the NFL.

Meanwhile, as I type that, Grossman attempts to get Muhammad decapitated.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #221
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Looks like NFL Game Center had it wrong apparently. McCown is the starter in Oakland anyway.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #222
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Welcome back Mike Brown.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #223
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like the bears Defense conitnues to be their best offensive weapon
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #224
TroyF
Coordinator

Now that's impressive. The Bears found a way to sneak Grossman in the game with a Rivers uniform. What a horrible throw.

BTW: Chargers, I like the new uniforms better than last years. But will you just give it up and go back to the powder blue uniforms and get it over with. The best uniform in all of sports and it sits in a freakin closet outside of the one throwback game of the year. Idiots.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #225
TroyF
Coordinator

For my money, Adrian Peterson is one of the least appreciated players in the entire NFL.

the Bears one that is. I don't think the Vikings one will have any problems getting credit.

Last edited by TroyF : 09-09-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #226
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
For my money, Adrian Peterson is one of the least appreciated players in the entire NFL.

the Bears one that is. I don't think the Vikings one will have any problems getting credit.

Dude gets a handful of carries every game, and he just always seems to be productive. Gotta love him.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #227
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Commercial for Diet Pepsi Max

With Ginseng and More Caffeine then normal.

EVIL.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #228
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

TD Detroit...assuming the PAT is good, 7-0 Lions
Old 09-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #229
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
you had a chance to take SJackson and didn't? Are you smoking something?

I have him in two leagues. He has MINUS points in one of them. That kind of play doesn't make for a winning fantasy team, and makes me not like players. I hope he bounces back next week, as does the rest of my team.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #230
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
TD Detroit...assuming the PAT is good, 7-0 Lions

Just flicked on the game on sopcast the very sopcast. The first play I saw was the TD play. Great throw by Kitna there. What happened to that Raiders defense from last year? Looks like the Lions are blowing right through it.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #231
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Chargers seem to have "Bad Phillip" to go with the Bears "Bad Rex"
Old 09-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #232
TroyF
Coordinator

Amazing, isn't is Fozz? Rivers has looked like garbage. Rex has looked, well, like Rex. Some brilliant moments (the 3rd and long pass) and some horrible moments. (the very next pass)
Old 09-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #233
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Uh, O-Line?

Protection on the right side, please.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #234
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bah...i shoulda kept on the packers D...they were +10 pts over the kc D. And i'd really like it if I could get more than 2pts out of my starting wideouts. GRRR
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #235
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Amazing. But their playcalling balance has to get fixed pronto.

Well, if they had a running game I would agree. They had a couple of runs that got some yardage, but for the most part it seemed ineffective to put it nicely.

It could end up in some tough losses in close games if thePackers offense doesn't improve. The win is very nice to get, but I still say 9-7 is a goal with the way the offense played today. When Vernand comes back, then hopefully that helps some.

As for the receivers, no Greg Jennings hurt some. Jones was there early on but faded away quickly. Favre kept going to Bubba Franks, more then I think I have seen for some time.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #236
TroyF
Coordinator

did I just see Robert Gallery get called for an ineligible man down the field penalty on a pass 8 yards down the field to a WR? There are mental mistakes and then there are Raiders mental mistakes.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #237
TroyF
Coordinator

The Chargers better be careful. I'm feeling one of those Grossman great long throws to Berrian coming up here soon.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #238
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Chargers better be careful. I'm feeling one of those Grossman great long throws to Berrian coming up here soon.

17 yds count?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #239
TroyF
Coordinator

I was thinking one of those over the top ones. Maybe they are still setting it up. He's good for one a game and I had a gut feeling it'd happen on this possession. Didn't happen. I'll go with second possession of the second half for it now.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #240
TroyF
Coordinator

Remember that commercial where Tomlinson makes the entire Bears defense look silly? The Bears obviously do.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #241
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Some really horrible play calling by holmgren, 1st and goal at the 7 gotta give it to alexander right? nah pass twice then 3rd and goal at 7 now they hand off, idiots.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #242
Thomkal
Head Coach

who cares about these games? My beloved Cards playing monday with some actual hope for a good season.

Had the Car/StL game here today, nice to see the Panthers play well after last season's ugliness. Surprised the Rams played so awful at home though.

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-09-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #243
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Some really horrible play calling by holmgren, 1st and goal at the 7 gotta give it to alexander right? nah pass twice then 3rd and goal at 7 now they hand off, idiots.

That second play -- a pump fake left, and then a fade to Branch in the right corner of the endzone -- took so long to develop that it was impossible to work in 17 yards of space.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #244
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Results....not so great.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #245
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

man the bucs are holding the hawks offense no problem, maybe the Bucs D is back this year. I hate the bucs .
Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #246
TroyF
Coordinator

Good lord. . .
Old 09-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #247
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Does anyone else think that the Colts/Pats game could be another best gamer ever?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #248
TroyF
Coordinator

Lions, Raiders, Bears, Chargers, Seahawks, Bucs. Equivilant of 1 and 1/2 games of football, 22 total points, five FG and one TD.

Thrilling stuff here.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #249
Logan
Head Coach

Alexander gets back on the board.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #250
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
They keep the ball three plays, one of them a give up play on third and long, then get the FG blocked.

The FG could have been blocked before, I understand that, but why risk failing on fourth and short when you are going against that offense and that defense? Whoever said Turner was getting to the AFC title game this year, you're crazy. Turner will be lucky to get by the wild card round. He's as bad of a head coach as you'll find in the NFL.

Meanwhile, as I type that, Grossman attempts to get Muhammad decapitated.

This is one of the ideas I've resisted when I've seen people write about it. You get rid of Marty, who has 200 career wins and record that is way north of .500 for his career, to replace him with this stiff? Norv does a nice job with offenses, but he has been a disaster as a head coach. If San Diego goes deeper in the playoffs it will be despite him, moreso in my opinion than it would have been despite Schottenheimer.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote