Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #201
bhlloy
Coordinator

If he resigns wouldn't he be leaving 18 million (rumored) on the table... or can you still get your buyout if you quit?

The AD should go before Charlie does. Worst contract ever?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #202
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so I just talked to my buddy. He said it wasn't classic triple option, but they were running a lot of pitches and plays they had never run.

It was my misinterpretation, I obviously wasn't watching the game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 AM   #203
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Stanford loses to Cal, 34-28. I didn't get to see the second half, as I had to go to work, but it sounds like Stanford had great chances to pull out a win. All respect goes to Cal. They exposed Stanford's defense enough to force Andrew Luck to try win it, and he just couldn't do it. It's great that the Big Game actually meant something this year. Hopefully Gerhart stays (not gonna happen..much like the Lopez twins), and Stanford can make a run at the whole thing next season.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
If he resigns wouldn't he be leaving 18 million (rumored) on the table... or can you still get your buyout if you quit?

The AD should go before Charlie does. Worst contract ever?

That is why I can't see him "resigning" unless they have come to a reasonable payout agreement, but that doesn't sound like Charlie's personality.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #205
tarcone
Coordinator

My inside info has Iowa in the Fiesta Bowl. I think they go to the Orange.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #206
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
That is why I can't see him "resigning" unless they have come to a reasonable payout agreement, but that doesn't sound like Charlie's personality.

Leaving 18mil for zero doesn't sound like anyone's personality.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #207
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I wasn't saying he would leave for nothing, but perhaps a reasonable coach who realized he had the lowest win percentage during his tenure of any ND coach in the last few decades, and that he was getting embarassed might leave by resigning for 2/3 of the money or so if he had reached an agreement with the school to do so. It's not like he can't go get a job in the NFL as an assistant again to make more money. However, that doesn't seem like Charlie's personality.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-22-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #208
bob
College Starter

Quote:
I wasn't saying he would leave for nothing, but perhaps a reasonable coach who realized he had the lowest win percentage during his tenure of any ND coach in the last few decades, and that he was getting embarassed might leave by resigning for 2/3 of the money or so if he had reached an agreement with the school to do so. It's not like he can't go get a job in the NFL as an assistant again to make more money. However, that doesn't seem like Charlie's personality.

I can't think of a single person / coach that would do that. I sure wouldn't.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #209
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
As a Tech fan, I hate to see UGA lose this one. Not only do they have nothing to lose, but they'll be coming off a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They'll quit on Cox after this one.

I was more worried about Georgia putting it together a bit after winning last week and coming to Atlanta on a 3 game win streak. I feel better about the game after last night. Usually, you don't have to worry about being up for Georgia, but with ClemPson the following week, this feels like a TRAP GAME.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #210
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Last time Iowa was in the Orange Bowl, 48,000 fans went to Miami. Orange Bowl wont pass up that. This is the main reason I think Iowa is in the Orange Bowl.

That will depend largely on the outcome of the ACC CG.
If Clemson beats GT. they will bring 50k or so down(maybe more based on our first OB in 10+ years), at which point the Orange can "sell off" a good traveler as the game will be a near lock sell out.

Bring on the chickens next week, then its time for a post Thanksgiving weekend get a way to Tampa.....to hopefully avenge the GT coaching snafoos from week 2.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #211
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Really thrilled with how Blaine Gabbert has performed this season, despite playing on one leg for 1/3 of the season. 60% completion rate, 3,000 yards passing, 22 TD/9 INT, 143.3 passing rating. Fantastic stuff for a sophomore QB. Also amazing to see Maclin's records being shattered by Danario Alexander. We're definitely seeing why Denario got the starting spot over Maclin before injuries knocked him out a couple of seasons ago.

Had Mizzou not collapsed in the 4th quarter against Nebraska, MU would be playing for the North championship next week, but that's how it goes. Still a great opportunity for Mizzou to go to 8-4 with a win over KU, which is a regular season result most programs would give anything to have.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #212
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
to hopefully avenge the GT coaching snafoos from week 2.

This is what has me worried me at this point. Clemson isn't likely to be worse than they were in the first meeting, Tech on the other hand is almost {gulp} due for a meltdown. And maybe the biggest advantage any team has against the option is having prepared for it once already & knowing the mistakes that were made. Color me very worried about the second matchup.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #213
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
This is what has me worried me at this point. Clemson isn't likely to be worse than they were in the first meeting, Tech on the other hand is almost {gulp} due for a meltdown. And maybe the biggest advantage any team has against the option is having prepared for it once already & knowing the mistakes that were made. Color me very worried about the second matchup.

Yup. I wanted to see anyone but Clemson in the ACC Title game, I'm very worried about that.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #214
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

I'll preface this by saying I know that ClemPson has improved a great deal since September 10, and that being let down is sort of a rite of passage as a Georgia Tech fan. That said, it seems that there are a lot of GT fans who are unwilling to admit that this team is actually a pretty good football team (I'm not really lumping you into that category, just noting an observation of the fan base as a whole).

I'd rate the Clemson game as one of the three worst performances of the season. Just as the Tigers have improved, Tech has improved tremendously since that game. They've added dimensions to the offense and played timely defense (not necessarily good defense, but timely defense). They went more than four games without having to punt in the second half. Since the Miami game, only Wake Forest has had the ball in the fourth quarter with a chance to take a lead. And, with what most people thought was sort of a pedestrian game offensively against Clemson the first time around, they still put up 300+ rushing yards and 418 yards of total offense.

I have no thoughts that the ACCCG will be a cake walk, but I think too many folks are conceding this one to Clemson.

And, oh yeah, To Hell with Georgia (that's the let down I 'm worried about (and yes, I recognize the irony of that statement)).
Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #215
MJ4H
Coordinator

Wonder what the chances of this happening are.

Mallett putting on a show

November, 21, 2009 Nov 21
3:15
PM ET

Email Print Share
By Chris Low

There's not even a debate now.

Arkansas' Ryan Mallett is the best quarterback in the SEC this season and should be the first-team All-SEC quarterback.

Yes, Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow, but Mallett has the better numbers this season. He's thrown five touchdown passes Saturday against Mississippi State and has 28 on the season.

The more you see him play and improve, the more Arkansas fans might need to worry that he's going to seriously consider turning pro following this season. He's been that good ... and getting better.

Mallett putting on a show - SEC Blog - ESPN

(the first team all-sec, not the going pro)
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #216
MJ4H
Coordinator

And thank goodness Saturday that on LSU's final play of the game, with one second left as LSU tried to spike the ball at the Ole Miss 5 before time ran out, LSU didn't line up in an unconventional formation.
"If they had gotten in a formation I hadn't seen, I would have called a time out, because I had two time outs left," Nutt said.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Call a time out and let LSU get its field goal kicking team on the field for a chip shot game-winner?

Ron Higgins: Ole Miss' Houston Nutt always finds a way to win» The Commercial Appeal

(LOL)
Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #217
MJ4H
Coordinator

I don't know if there is a separate coaching carousel thread, but Paul Petrino is the leading candidate for the Western Kentucky head coach job. Would be his first head coaching job. I think he would be fantastic for them, but I would hate to lose him (though he has the title of OC at Arkansas, I think he really is more like the receivers coach).
Old 11-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #218
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Wonder what the chances of this happening are.

Mallett putting on a show

November, 21, 2009 Nov 21
3:15
PM ET

Email Print Share
By Chris Low

There's not even a debate now.

Arkansas' Ryan Mallett is the best quarterback in the SEC this season and should be the first-team All-SEC quarterback.

Yes, Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow, but Mallett has the better numbers this season. He's thrown five touchdown passes Saturday against Mississippi State and has 28 on the season.

The more you see him play and improve, the more Arkansas fans might need to worry that he's going to seriously consider turning pro following this season. He's been that good ... and getting better.

Mallett putting on a show - SEC Blog - ESPN

(the first team all-sec, not the going pro)

I think it would be too soon to jump from college to pro considering he's played for two years. I'm not really sure how high he would have gone, but adding a year should only help.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #219
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
That will depend largely on the outcome of the ACC CG.
If Clemson beats GT. they will bring 50k or so down(maybe more based on our first OB in 10+ years), at which point the Orange can "sell off" a good traveler as the game will be a near lock sell out.

Bring on the chickens next week, then its time for a post Thanksgiving weekend get a way to Tampa.....to hopefully avenge the GT coaching snafoos from week 2.

Yeah, it seems more likely Iowa ends up in the Fiesta. I think you guys are right that the Orange wants an East Coast team or 2.

As for the Fiesta, Iowa had 30,000 fans at the Iowa/Arizona State game the last time they played. Fiesta would like to see a sell out I imagine.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #220
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Assuming Weis gets canned, I wonder if it's worth hanging onto him until after the Stanford game? A lot of the kids do genuinely seem to want him to stay and who knows, they might play better if they think they are playing for his job. Plus who do you put in charge, the defensive co-ordinator is even worse than Fat Charlie.

Interested to hear the ND fans take on if he can pull out a win vs Stanford (which is very possible, Stanford is very up and down this season), do you think about keeping him for one more year?
He's not getting fired until after the Stanford game anyways. For a scandal maybe they'd step in mid-season, but just for poor performance they always meet within the week after the last game.

The DC thing is just weird. GT fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but Tenuta was good there, right? It wasn't one of those situations where people on the outside think he's doing well but the fans think he's not?

I don't think there's any way Weis can (or should) be kept at this point. There were ways the team could have played, and still lost even all 3 of the last ones and I could argue that he deserved more time, but not the way they've looked the last 2 weeks. With his job on the line Weis has turned from aggressive playcaller to conservative and it's killing the offense (outside of the 4th quarter vs. Pitt when we were down 20 and he was forced to open it up).

I think Gerhart's a little overrated with the Heisman talk at this point, (YPC is a little low) but I'm sure he'll still get 150 minimum. We'll see if Weis decides to throw it more. For all the talk of ND's terrible defense, Stanford's actually given up 10 more points in the same number of games. (And vice versa - for the talk of ND's offense, Stanford's scored 66 more.)

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-22-2009 at 04:41 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #221
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I think it would be too soon to jump from college to pro considering he's played for two years. I'm not really sure how high he would have gone, but adding a year should only help.

I think the big issue most people arent considering is that this year is the big year to come out, because there might be a new cap on rookie contracts by the next draft. I fully expect a larger then normal amount of players to come out this year and try to cash in.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 11-22-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #222
flounder
High School Varsity

My opinion, take it for what it's worth, is that Tenuta is a genius at designing blitz schemes. If the blitz isn't working though, he has a hard time adjusting.

One week wasn't enough to prepare to play GT's defense. A lot of really good teams were unable to keep Tech from pressuring the QB and ended up losing. However, if you gave a team a month to prepare, they were often able to neutralize the blitz and rack up yards. I'm thinking in particular of the Emerald Bowl against Utah where they killed us with quick passing routes and whichever Bowl it was against Fresno State where they ran the ball up the middle at will.

However, I give Tenuta a lot of credit for the team's relative success during the Chan Gailey era. His defense always gave us a puncher's chance of knocking off anyone.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #223
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Toby Gerhart didn't have Chattanooga, Florida International, and North Texas on his schedule.

EDIT: Not that he'd get it anyway after the loss to Cal.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 11-22-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #224
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I think the big issue most people arent considering is that this year is the big year to come out, because their might be a new cap on rookie contracts by the next draft. I fully expect a larger then normal amount of players to come out this year and try to cash in.

Yep, I think some guys who would never normally leave their school early are going to declare. There is talk of several USC players leaving that would never leave otherwise (guys who have done very little this year) and I imagine that will be the case with several teams.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-22-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #225
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the big issue most people arent considering is that this year is the big year to come out, because their might be a new cap on rookie contracts by the next draft. I fully expect a larger then normal amount of players to come out this year and try to cash in.

I think the cap issue will hit the top 5 the most, and I'm not really sure teams are willing to spend a 1.5, or higher on Mallett this year. You figure McCoy has to be looked at as one of the top QBs taken as well and then some teams, ie Detroit, already are invested in a QB. Granted, St. Louis, Oakland, and Washington are three teams alone looking for QB help.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #226
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, it seems more likely Iowa ends up in the Fiesta. I think you guys are right that the Orange wants an East Coast team or 2.

As for the Fiesta, Iowa had 30,000 fans at the Iowa/Arizona State game the last time they played. Fiesta would like to see a sell out I imagine.

I wonder if Iowa could end up outside the top 12 of the BCS. Since they have finished their season, it doesn't seem too improbable that a handful of teams could jump them (Clemson, Va Tech, Oregon State, Oklahoma State, LSU?) if they finish the season with wins. Right now, Iowa should be rooting for Cincy to beat Pitt (Cincy probably wouldn't drop below Iowa w/ a loss), Oregon to beat OSU or OSU to beat Oregon badly, Georgia Tech to beat Clemson or Clemson to beat GT very badly, and Arkansas to beat LSU.

Also, who would be the other team in the Fiesta. It seems like they would get a lot of pressure from the Big 12 to take Oklahoma State (provided Texas doesn't "fall" to the Fiesta), so that their bowl partner could get the extra $5M that comes with two BCS bids.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #227
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Toby Gerhart didn't have Chattanooga, Florida International, and North Texas on his schedule.

EDIT: Not that he'd get it anyway after the loss to Cal.
Discounting those (and the whopping 29 carries) Mark Ingram vs. 7 SEC teams+VT - 176-1150 6.53 YPC 143.8YPG. Only 1 game below 5.5 YPC. Toby Gerhart in 11 games 282-1531 5.42 YPC 139.2YPG. 7 games below 5.5 YPC. I'd rather this be the year they give it to a defensive player like Suh or McClain, but if we're gonna give it to a skill position player for putting up gaudy stats on more attempts than most I'd rather go Case Keenum. (But really, anybody but Tebow please.)
Old 11-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #228
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep, I think some guys who would never normally leave their school early are going to declare. There is talk of several USC players leaving that would never leave otherwise (guys who have done very little this year) and I imagine that will be the case with several teams.
This is the mindset I don't understand. Any NFL draft cap will disproportionally affect the top 10, then 1st rounders, then maybe 2nd rounders. 3rd round on no one's getting large bonuses anyways, so how would jumping early help players like this? They'd be much better served going back to college for a year and playing their way into 1st round pick status - because 1st round pick under a cap is still going to make more than 3rd/4th rounder now.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #229
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post
My opinion, take it for what it's worth, is that Tenuta is a genius at designing blitz schemes. If the blitz isn't working though, he has a hard time adjusting.

One week wasn't enough to prepare to play GT's defense. A lot of really good teams were unable to keep Tech from pressuring the QB and ended up losing. However, if you gave a team a month to prepare, they were often able to neutralize the blitz and rack up yards. I'm thinking in particular of the Emerald Bowl against Utah where they killed us with quick passing routes and whichever Bowl it was against Fresno State where they ran the ball up the middle at will.

However, I give Tenuta a lot of credit for the team's relative success during the Chan Gailey era. His defense always gave us a puncher's chance of knocking off anyone.

I agree almost wholeheartedly. Tenuta's scheme is of the live by the sword, die by the sword philosophy. The 2006 Clemson game is another one where they changed a couple of things up to pick up or avoid blitzes and ran away with the ball game.

The one thing I think is overlooked is that those Tenuta teams also had a lot of talent. Just off the top of my head, Darryl Smith, Key Fox, Phillip Wheeler, Gary Guyton, James Butler and Dawan Landry, not to mention last year's defensive linemen, have all been starters in the NFL. Enough talent that you wonder if a more varied sheme may have been more successful.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #230
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
This is the mindset I don't understand. Any NFL draft cap will disproportionally affect the top 10, then 1st rounders, then maybe 2nd rounders. 3rd round on no one's getting large bonuses anyways, so how would jumping early help players like this? They'd be much better served going back to college for a year and playing their way into 1st round pick status - because 1st round pick under a cap is still going to make more than 3rd/4th rounder now.

I agree with you, but I think a lot of young men are going to be talked into it by agents and the like who will distort the issue.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #231
tarcone
Coordinator

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 12 - ESPN

Some bowl predictions on espn.com
Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #232
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Either version of the Sugar would be interesting. Could Cincinnati put up points against a top notch defense. 'Bama has made some QBs look just downright awful. Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan in the GMAC bowl would be rather interesting as well.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #233
molson
General Manager

Very enjoyable trip to the Carrier Dome this weekend for me.....
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #234
RainMaker
General Manager

BCS hired a PR firm who created a Twitter account. Not going well.

@insidethebcs - Twitter Search
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #235
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Either version of the Sugar would be interesting. Could Cincinnati put up points against a top notch defense. 'Bama has made some QBs look just downright awful. Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan in the GMAC bowl would be rather interesting as well.
Wouldn't the GMAC Bowl be real bad for Notre Dame if they plan to fire Weis at the end of the season? The bowl game is January 6 and it doesn't give them the headstart a crappier game would give them. Unless they fire him before the bowl game.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
BCS hired a PR firm who created a Twitter account. Not going well.

@insidethebcs - Twitter Search

Okay, some of those are funny. Had to know this one wasn't going to work out well.

The one that had me loling was the tweet that suggested after this move, the BCS's next great move would be to sue every college football fan.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, some of those are funny. Had to know this one wasn't going to work out well.

The one that had me loling was the tweet that suggested after this move, the BCS's next great move would be to sue every college football fan.

That was the first one that made me laugh out loud as well. Some very funny comments on there.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #238
molson
General Manager

Kind of sad to see Northeastern end their football program after 70+ years.

I wonder if there will be more of this at the FCS level.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #239
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ugh

BC's quarterback - (this 25 y/o kid who played minor league baseball after HS) is absolutely brutal. His decision-making is horrendous - never just throws the ball away but always tries to force it in there. And the worst part is that he's not improving at all week-to-week. He flat-out has lost multiple-games this year with his poor decision-making.

Fortunately they've got a heralded recruit coming in at the QB position in January (finished HS early and is coming into school in January to get settled and start practicing and learning the playbook and stuff), so we only have to deal with this miserable schlub for this year.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #240
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Fortunately they've got a heralded recruit coming in at the QB position in January (finished HS early and is coming into school in January to get settled and start practicing and learning the playbook and stuff), so we only have to deal with this miserable schlub for this year.

I am guessing that is Rettig? His season just ended on Friday.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #241
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am guessing that is Rettig? His season just ended on Friday.

correcto. i forgot his name, or didn't want to misspell it or whatever.

they've got some decent underclassmen receivers for him (one big 6-2 guy), and there's another guy - Shakim Phillips who will be coming in i think next year who is supposedly pretty good i've heard.

2 4-star offensive recruits, and then a 4-star OLB recruit (who will prolly move to DE). And we've got Herzelich coming back from cancer next year and the emergence of this huge MLB Luke Kuechly (19 tackles last game), and then Montel Harris who is tearing shit up as a RB.

If Rettig can get off to a good start and learn the playbook and all, it could be a good year next year

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-23-2009 at 12:20 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #242
Kodos
Resident Alien

Urban Meyer says he has no interest in coaching at Notre Dame. I love how their list is getting shot to hell before they even officially have started looking.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #243
Blade6119
Coordinator

To be fair, how many coaches have said that then 3 weeks later are coaching at the school they had no interest in?

I mean, his team is in the title hunt, until the day after his bowl game he will say nothing but how much he loves UF
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #244
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
To be fair, how many coaches have said that then 3 weeks later are coaching at the school they had no interest in?

I mean, his team is in the title hunt, until the day after his bowl game he will say nothing but how much he loves UF

It very well could be nothing more than him telling ND that it's going to take a lot more than what they're offering.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #245
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think they should give Romeo Crennel a shot.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #246
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Bring back Lou Holtz!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #247
Kodos
Resident Alien

Two words:

Wayne Fontes.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #249
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The way to widespread popularity: Hire a PR firm run by someone from the Bush Administration. BRILLIANT!
Old 11-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #250
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, didn't they try to get him five years ago only to see him go to Florida? I can't imagine that Notre Dame looks like a better job than Florida now if it didn't five years ago.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote