Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #201
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

For those who don't know, new OU QB Joey Halzle is so bad that even OU fans admit he's bad. They are a 100% delusional fan base, so that's really saying something.

If Bradford doesn't come back, they are fucked. It'd be sweet, sweet justice, what with Dixon going down and all.

Guns up.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #202
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If Texas Tech wins this game, next week I am Oklahoma State's biggest fan.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #203
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

You and me both. Is that game in Norman or Stillwater? OU plays like crap on the road.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #204
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
It's in Norman.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #205
cartman
Death Herald

Nice goal line stand there by Tech to hold the Sooners to a FG, and keep it a three score game.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #206
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I'd like to see Keith Nichol get a shot for OU. He's the QB of the future. OU was exposed twice on the road already this year, at Colorado and Iowa State, so this isn't a huge shock to me. I am surprised at Tech's margin, however.

OU still controls their own destiny for the conference championship and Fiesta Bowl, so they still have a lot to play for.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #207
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BC scores with less then 2 minutes left thanks to a huge Ryan pass to beat Clemson at Death Valley to win the ACC Coastal Division championship. They will be playing either Virginia or Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #208
Galaxy
Coordinator

BC to the ACC title game. Harper took them out of making that three to tie with that sack.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #209
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, the biggest winner of the OU-Texas Tech result if that stays the same? West Virginia.

If OU had held serve, them and the MU/KU winner in the Big XII title game would have been pretty much a national title semi final..

now if OU loses here but beats the MU/KU winner.. West Virginia would slide in to the #2 ranking (assuming no MORE upsets happen).
Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #210
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
BTW, the biggest winner of the OU-Texas Tech result if that stays the same? West Virginia.

If OU had held serve, them and the MU/KU winner in the Big XII title game would have been pretty much a national title semi final..

now if OU loses here but beats the MU/KU winner.. West Virginia would slide in to the #2 ranking (assuming no MORE upsets happen).

I will be rooting for Oklahoma and/or Texas to win out after today. Well, and West Virginia, of course..
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #211
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
(assuming no MORE upsets happen).

That's actually the only thing that could happen that would surprise me.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #212
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That's a HUGE review.

And they didn't take any time to say "play stands".. wow.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #213
Swaggs
Coordinator

By the way... how have we not talked about what a ridiculous season Michael Crabtree, a true freshman btw, is having?

Dude has 125 (by my unoffical count) receptions for 1800 yards and 21 TDs.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #214
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

This announcer (OU-Texas Tech game) is a moron. How many times have we heard by various announcers that you have to control the football all the way to the ground? And now because he saw him have his hands on the ball with his foot in the end zone, it's ok, even though the ball wasn't in his hands went he hit the ground?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #215
Galaxy
Coordinator

I think Crabtree should be a Heisman finalist. Leading the nation by far in yards.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #216
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That should be the ball game.

edit: You gotta be shitting me. 34-27 on a long jump ball pass and a TD.. OU is like a movies slasher killer.. you keep thinking they're dead, and they get up and start going again.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-17-2007 at 11:09 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #217
Celeval
Pro Starter

"should be"
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #218
st.cronin
General Manager

I would not wager much money that Tech will hold on for the win.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #219
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And finally, OU is dead. D-E-D, Dead! (yes, spelling intentional)
Old 11-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #220
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That defines a passing team btw, they even take kneel downs in a shotgun-style snap
Old 11-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #221
Huckleberry
College Starter

Absurd playcalling in the first half cost OU.

They lost their good QB and a pretty bad backup is called on. Tech's run defense is terrible.

So they throw it all around the stadium.

They should have run it nonstop. They would have won. Murray primarily, but Brown and Patrick if necessary.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #222
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Michigan fans, I drink from your tears.

If at the beginning of the season you'd offered me an 11-1 season, a bone crunching win over Michigan, and a Rose Bowl bid I'd have taken it in a heartbeat. I don't understand all the negativity towards Ohio State. All we did was go out on the field and earn the Rose Bowl in what was supposed to be a rebuilding season. At this point I really don't care about all that BCS nonsense. We won the Big 10 outright, spanked the Wolverines, and are Pasadena bound. I'm a pretty darn happy man.

I'm a very happy Buckeye fan too. It sucks that OSU lost last week when they could have been the consensus #1 with a 12-0 record, but oh well. Just glad OSU didn't lose to michigan.

OSU needs quite a bit of help to get to #2, but this is the craziest football season of my life, so anything is possible.

PROBABLE TOP 5:

#1 LSU
#2 Kansas
#3 Missouri
#4 West Virginia
#5 Ohio State

Kansas/Mizzou will lose next week. Then OSU still needs a loss from 2 of the top 3 (LSU/Big 12 North Winner/West Virginia) to make it back. Do I think OSU is deserving of a shot at the title this year? Probably not. Do I think that any team has really shown that they deserve a shot at the title this year? No.

Just glad OSU is in the clubhouse and doesn't have to worry about playing anymore games. Tressel is looking for his 5th top 5 finish in 7 years at Ohio State. That's the most top-5 finishes for any program in the country over the last 7 years. I wouldn't trade Tressel for any other coach in the country.

Looking forward to watching the last several weeks and cheering for more upsets!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #223
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I've got to agree with Huckleberry. OU had numerous red zone opportunities throughout the game and came away with nothing against a horrible Texas Tech defense.

A lot of the delusional OU fans are putting this loss on Venables, the defensive coordinator, but for the most part the defense played well enough to win. Harrell averaged 5.8 yards per attempt with 2 TD's and 2 INT's on 72 pass attempts.

Edit:

As far as the Big XII South division goes, the Texas A&M/Texas game is now meaningless. If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma next week, Texas goes to the championship game, regardless of what happens in their game.

Missouri and Kansas are peaking right now and playing championship caliber football, so I don't see the south winner fairing very well in the B12 championship game.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 11-18-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #224
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I thought that was a TD catch by OU on that call that he was out of bounds.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #225
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And finally, OU is dead. D-E-D, Dead! (yes, spelling intentional)

Did you spell it that way to make sure OU fans knew what you meant? (ducks)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-18-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #226
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I thought that was a TD catch by OU on that call that he was out of bounds.

Nope. Straight from the rulebook (official interpretations section):

Quote:
An airborne receiver must maintain control of the ball if going to the
ground in the process of completing a catch.

Clearly Iglesias didn't maintain control of the ball to the ground considering that the Tech defender had the ball when Iglesias landed.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #227
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Nope. Straight from the rulebook (official interpretations section):

Clearly Iglesias didn't maintain control of the ball to the ground considering that the Tech defender had the ball when Iglesias landed.

Disagree, he had control of the ball when his knee touched the ground. Only when he was on the ground did the DB take the ball away.

Is the college rule different than the NFL rule? In the NFL, the would have called that a TD 10-10 times.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #228
Huckleberry
College Starter

Actually, in the NFL it would have been incomplete because he only got one foot in.

The DB took the ball away before they landed. A knee touching the ground does not complete the act of going to the ground. Furthermore, a receiver must maintain control of the ball after hitting the ground as well.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #229
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I'm a very happy Buckeye fan too. It sucks that OSU lost last week when they could have been the consensus #1 with a 12-0 record, but oh well. Just glad OSU didn't lose to michigan.

OSU needs quite a bit of help to get to #2, but this is the craziest football season of my life, so anything is possible.

PROBABLE TOP 5:

#1 LSU
#2 Kansas
#3 Missouri
#4 West Virginia
#5 Ohio State

Kansas/Mizzou will lose next week. Then OSU still needs a loss from 2 of the top 3 (LSU/Big 12 North Winner/West Virginia) to make it back. Do I think OSU is deserving of a shot at the title this year? Probably not. Do I think that any team has really shown that they deserve a shot at the title this year? No.

Just glad OSU is in the clubhouse and doesn't have to worry about playing anymore games. Tressel is looking for his 5th top 5 finish in 7 years at Ohio State. That's the most top-5 finishes for any program in the country over the last 7 years. I wouldn't trade Tressel for any other coach in the country.

Looking forward to watching the last several weeks and cheering for more upsets!

I think ASU jumpes Ohio State and possibly WVU if they win out. OSU's season is over, so they will be out of sight, out of mind. ASU has a marquee game against USC, that would give them a win much better than anything that OSU or WVU has.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #230
sooner333
College Starter

Not having watched the play again since yesterday, I thought that the ball was taken away from him after hitting the ground. It wasn't an easy call though, and I'm sure they were reviewing it longer than ABC gave them credit for (because they showed it a few times before acknowledging a review.) If Halzle threw that same pass on first down, it's a touchdown anyway and we likely tie it up later, it's not a call like Oregon which was so obvious and game-changing in every respect which you can put very much blame on officials.

Frustrating game, good fight in the offense to come back. They should have run more in the first half, I agree. Halzle isn't very good and needed some time to kind of get a feel for the game; handing off to three pretty good runners is a pretty good way to do that. But, I think when Bradford went out, Tech just sold out on the run, so maybe the plan was to keep the same plan as always. After seeing Joey throw about five passes over people, I wondered why Nichol didn't come in, but I guess he isn't ready yet even though they blew the redshirt early in the season.

Funny thing about the BCS is that everyone who was a Tech fan this week (except Texas fans) will become OU fans for the Championship game (if OU makes it) over KU or Mizzou. BTW, this season is starting to give me shades of Texas' last season down the stretch. Redshirt Freshman QB goes out with concussion, lose on the road to a middle of the road conference team. Now we have to play at home against our in-state rival.

Anyway, unlike the Oregon loss, the rest of the country doesn't benefit nearly as much since the North still controls its own destiny, the only good thing is that the Big 12 doesn't anymore at the top since Oklahoma or Texas could come in and beat the North team in two weeks in San Antonio.

If LSU wins out, I feel sorry for the fanbase of whoever goes down to interact with those cocky, no good cajuns they call "fans"

Last edited by sooner333 : 11-18-2007 at 10:34 AM.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #231
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
BC to the ACC title game. Harper took them out of making that three to tie with that sack.

Dammitt.
Opportunity wasted.
Absolutely dominateed the first 3 quarters but failed to put points on the board.

Not sure how it looked on TV but was a great atmosphere.

I sincerely hope I dont hear one tiger fan start calling for the coaches head, like we are so prone to do.

In the last drive Kelly drops a ball that hits him in the hands inside the 5 and then Taylor and Grisham both drop first down passes that hit them in the hands. If any of those three consecutive passes is caught, the sack is irrelevent and today is a different day....

So So So disappointed...luckily I am used to it with this team.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #232
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
A lot of the delusional OU fans are putting this loss on Venables, the defensive coordinator, but for the most part the defense played well enough to win. Harrell averaged 5.8 yards per attempt with 2 TD's and 2 INT's on 72 pass attempts.

I don't think it's time to can Venables and I think we played defense the way we usually do against Tech. The problem is that they turned field goals and turnovers into Touchdowns. Bend but don't break is a defense that doesn't work when they put it in the endzone consistently. Part of the problem was the first half's offense inability to keep the ball and letting them run over 50 plays. You give up FG's instead of touchdowns though, and you win the football game.

BTW, I don't think the refs had any idea what happened on the incompletion in the endzone and they just made a call.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #233
larrymcg421
Head Coach

After seeing Olivadotti run it for so many years with the Dolphins, I absolutely HATE the bend but don't break defense. It's particularly bad when you're a passing team, because you're basically inviting the other team to keep your best player off the field for a majority of the game.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #234
JW
College Prospect

sooner333, too bad we won't get Oklahoma again. We keep winning ugly, but we keep winning, and that is the name of the game right now. Just win, no matter how.

As for LSU, they have a tough road ahead. Arkansas won't be easy, and then there is the SEC championship game, against Tennessee if they beat Kentucky, or against Georgia if Tennessee loses. And LSU fans would much rather play Tenn. than Ga. Ga. is very hot right now and an excellent team. I honestly think LSU has a tougher road to get to the BCS championship game than to win it. LSU has shown over the last few years that they are a very formidable bowl team, especially in the Sugar Bowl.

LSU fans know the Tigers are not a dominant team, not right now, not quite the same team that manhandled VT. Truth is, there is no dominant team this year. Every team remaining will struggle imo to get to the BCS title game.

And, sooner333, I'm not sure if those cocky no-good Cajuns will get to the title game this year or not, but one thing is certain. The Sooners won't be there.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #235
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You guys just keep thinking that beating Arkansas at home and Tennessee at a neutral site is "a tougher road" than beating Kansas or Missouri or Ohio State or West Virginia or Arizona State or whoever else comes calling in the title game

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #236
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW View Post
sooner333, too bad we won't get Oklahoma again. We keep winning ugly, but we keep winning, and that is the name of the game right now. Just win, no matter how.

As for LSU, they have a tough road ahead. Arkansas won't be easy, and then there is the SEC championship game, against Tennessee if they beat Kentucky, or against Georgia if Tennessee loses. And LSU fans would much rather play Tenn. than Ga. Ga. is very hot right now and an excellent team. I honestly think LSU has a tougher road to get to the BCS championship game than to win it. LSU has shown over the last few years that they are a very formidable bowl team, especially in the Sugar Bowl.

LSU fans know the Tigers are not a dominant team, not right now, not quite the same team that manhandled VT. Truth is, there is no dominant team this year. Every team remaining will struggle imo to get to the BCS title game.

And, sooner333, I'm not sure if those cocky no-good Cajuns will get to the title game this year or not, but one thing is certain. The Sooners won't be there.

True, the Sooners won't, and LSU has a pretty good shot, they have talent and they are at least better than the other team week and and week out. I would say right now they are the odds-on favorite to win it because I don't see a team out there I feel confident would beat them.

I will preface this with the fact that I didn't get to go to the Sugar Bowl in '03, but had many friends who did. I just feel bad because of the home field advantage and the fact that they might be the worst, most disgusting fan base in the nation that has no respect for opposing fans. I haven't met a single person who went down to New Orleans and had a good experience with LSU fans, only that they ran up to their grandmothers yelling in their faces and were in their face before and after the game yelling tiger bait like a bunch of assholes. I know people who would not ever go to the Sugar Bowl if LSU was playing them because of the fans. I know every fanbase has their uglies, but for LSU that is the rule, not the exception apparently.

At least OU and LSU fans agree who the real national champion was in '03 and that is the Tigers of LSU, not that team out west.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #237
JW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
You guys just keep thinking that beating Arkansas at home and Tennessee at a neutral site is "a tougher road" than beating Kansas or Missouri or Ohio State or West Virginia or Arizona State or whoever else comes calling in the title game

SI

You misunderstand. Considering LSU's situation right now with injuries and the such, beating Arkansas and then turning around and winning the SEC championship game is not only not a foregone conclusion, it is a very difficult proposition. No one is taking that for granted.

If LSU makes it to the BCS title game, recent history shows that LSU will be more than ready for whomever its opponent will be. Any one of the teams you named is just as good as LSU imo -- note I said there is no dominant team this year -- but I would much rather skip the next two games and take my chances against Kansas or any of the others than try to get through the next two games. That takes nothing away from those teams, which I imagine are just as good as LSU.

And sooner333, though I agree with your last sentiment, I have been to numerous LSU games home and away over the last 39 years, since I first saw LSU play in 1968. I have never in all that time seen the kind of behavior you attribute to LSU fans despite their reputation. But I have seen a lot of trashy behavior from opposing fans. At Oxford yesterday, for example, Ole Miss fans were warned more than once about throwing things on the field, including throwing things at the LSU band as it left the field. All this while security ringed the LSU fan sections near the field.

Many folks seem to take the "Tiger Bait" yell as intimidation. But the people yelling "Tiger Bait" are very likely to offer you some food and drink if you don't run off scared.

And I have actually been present at the birth of several LSU fan myths. There is a very famous myth about LSU fans attacked the Notre Dame band bus at the INdependence Bowl in Shreveport a few years ago. NB band members said they feared for their lives as hundreds of LSU fans raged around their buses. I was right there when the buses pulled up. Some LSU fans stood around the bus yelling Tiger Bait and a couple did bang on the side of the bus. But I thought absolutely nothing about it until I read some internet postings about how LSU fans had attacked the ND band bus.

But otoh it is good to have a rep.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #238
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Actually, in the NFL it would have been incomplete because he only got one foot in.

The DB took the ball away before they landed. A knee touching the ground does not complete the act of going to the ground. Furthermore, a receiver must maintain control of the ball after hitting the ground as well.

One could argue he was pushed out of the end zone, thus it could have been called a TD in the NFL.

It was a tough call and I still maintain he caught the ball, had one foot in and then after all that happened, the DB took the ball away. Possession of the ball, one foot in = TD.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #239
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW View Post
You misunderstand. Considering LSU's situation right now with injuries and the such, beating Arkansas and then turning around and winning the SEC championship game is not only not a foregone conclusion, it is a very difficult proposition. No one is taking that for granted.

If LSU makes it to the BCS title game, recent history shows that LSU will be more than ready for whomever its opponent will be. Any one of the teams you named is just as good as LSU imo -- note I said there is no dominant team this year -- but I would much rather skip the next two games and take my chances against Kansas or any of the others than try to get through the next two games. That takes nothing away from those teams, which I imagine are just as good as LSU.

And sooner333, though I agree with your last sentiment, I have been to numerous LSU games home and away over the last 39 years, since I first saw LSU play in 1968. I have never in all that time seen the kind of behavior you attribute to LSU fans despite their reputation. But I have seen a lot of trashy behavior from opposing fans. At Oxford yesterday, for example, Ole Miss fans were warned more than once about throwing things on the field, including throwing things at the LSU band as it left the field. All this while security ringed the LSU fan sections near the field.

Many folks seem to take the "Tiger Bait" yell as intimidation. But the people yelling "Tiger Bait" are very likely to offer you some food and drink if you don't run off scared.

And I have actually been present at the birth of several LSU fan myths. There is a very famous myth about LSU fans attacked the Notre Dame band bus at the INdependence Bowl in Shreveport a few years ago. NB band members said they feared for their lives as hundreds of LSU fans raged around their buses. I was right there when the buses pulled up. Some LSU fans stood around the bus yelling Tiger Bait and a couple did bang on the side of the bus. But I thought absolutely nothing about it until I read some internet postings about how LSU fans had attacked the ND band bus.

But otoh it is good to have a rep.

Then there are the numerous times I have seen members of the Arkansas band hit by half full bottles of beer in Baton Rouge.

Yes, I said numerous.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #240
cschex
High School Varsity

Nice to know OU fans are still whining about the '03 Sugar Bowl. I was actually there with some friends including two OU alums and, while there were plenty of "Tiger Bait" chants, there wasn't anything that I witnessed in my three days down there that is anywhere close to what the OU fans have been claiming the last 4 years years. The whining of that fan base is incredible and it's from their coach on down.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #241
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
One could argue he was pushed out of the end zone, thus it could have been called a TD in the NFL.

It was a tough call and I still maintain he caught the ball, had one foot in and then after all that happened, the DB took the ball away. Possession of the ball, one foot in = TD.
Like Huckleberry mentioned, any time a receiver goes to the ground while in the process of making a catch, they have to maintain possession throughout the catch and after hitting the ground. It doesn't matter if it happens at the 50, in the end zone or falling out of bounds in the end zone. It's not an uncommon ruling.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #242
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

It still has to be a catch. You can't fumble in the endzone, but you can drop a pass.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #243
JW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Then there are the numerous times I have seen members of the Arkansas band hit by half full bottles of beer in Baton Rouge.

Yes, I said numerous.

Interesting you say that, for the nastiest fans I ever experienced were in Little Rock a few years ago when I went there to see ULM play Arkansas in War Memorial Stadium. No one had a pleasant word for me. Nobody. I got lots of profanity directed my way and toward my wife. I was cussed out just for asking directions by a couple of 30ish or 40ish Razorback fans among other things. I was totally unimpressed.

I think bad fans are everywhere, including at LSU. But I have to laugh at some of the stories about LSU fans.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #244
MJ4H
Coordinator

And I have to laugh at some of the bottles of beer that hit my friends. I guess I don't have a choice.

ETA: but your point that everywhere has bad fans is absolutely true.

Last edited by MJ4H : 11-18-2007 at 03:40 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #245
JW
College Prospect

Carr retirement from Michigan confirmed. No surpirse there. Among other things, another distraction for LSU. Nothing new there either. The rumors are already flying. They will be further accelerated now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071118/...3CeuvP_qQkybQF
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #246
JW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
And I have to laugh at some of the bottles of beer that hit my friends. I guess I don't have a choice.

ETA: but your point that everywhere has bad fans is absolutely true.

You sure they weren't urine bags? The legend is that LSU fans fill plastic bags full of urine before games to throw at opposing fans. I've never seen one of the mythical urine bags, but I'm sure things have been dumped on opposing fans at Tiger Stadium.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #247
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Hawaii wins, and yet again drops in the polls.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #248
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Hawaii barely beats a mediocre team, and was lucky to have not dropped further in the polls.

Fixed.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #249
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Hawaii wins, and yet again drops in the polls.
Look at their schedule so far and how close some of those wins have been against mediocre (at best) to bad teams and tell me why they deserve to be higher?

Hawaii will get their chances to impress voters in the next two weeks, and wins over both Boise and Washington should bump them up quite a bit. Not enough for the BCS title game more than likely (they simply need to produce a better out of conference schedule before that'll happen), but probably a BCS bowl.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #250
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

The main problem I have is , Hawaii wins, USC doesnt play, therefore that equals USC jumping us? yea that makes a ton of sense.