Grizzled Veteran

Is the hawaii game on TV?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #202
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I'm an SEC homer and wont' say that the SEC is necessarily the best conference this year, but clearly anyone trying to say the Big East is the best or better than the SEC is delusional/completely homering it.

No one in this thread said anything close to that. Claiming that Rutgers and WVU can play with the upper echelon teams isn't saying that the BE is better than the SEC.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #203
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
No one in this thread said anything close to that. Claiming that Rutgers and WVU can play with the upper echelon teams isn't saying that the BE is better than the SEC.

How about Rutgers actually playing a competent team before claiming they can run with the #2 & #3 teams in the country? They could either be the #1 team in the land or the #91 team in the land and no one would know since they've played the easiest OOC schedule in I-A football.

Last edited by VPI97 : 09-23-2007 at 12:15 AM.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #204
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I was listening to a broadcast on the way back from the W&M at VT game (ugh)...

How was your trip to Blacksburg? VT fans treat you well?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #205
Logan
Head Coach

They beat the #3 team in the country last year, a team that would've played in the National Championship game if they didn't lose to Rutgers. The team is better offensively, still has one of the top offensive lines in the country, and is on the same level defensively as they were a year ago. That's the best I can offer you.

Meanwhile, I apologize that we didn't schedule powerhouses for this year 6 years ago.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #206
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This guy might disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight View Post
They may not be the best conference, but I'd put them up there with the SEC and Pac-10 right now, and above the Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC.

So the top 2 teams are better than Texas and Oklahoma?
Big Ten I will give you.
ACC I'm just not sure. Top 3 teams are BC, VT, and Clemson.
I really dont think Rutgers is a favorite against any on the road, and maybe a dog at home to at least VT.

WVU, yeah they are at least as good and probably better than all 3.

But "right up there with the SEC" no way in hell.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #207
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Dola-
Why are you scheduling 6 years in advance?
Clemson still doesnt have their OOC worked out for next year. And we are in talks with Bama for a home and home or a possible neutral site at the G. Dome.

Surely if Clemson can convince Bama to play a neutral site game, Rutgers could get Maryland or Vandy or even Texas Tech on the schedule?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #208
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
They beat the #3 team in the country last year, a team that would've played in the National Championship game if they didn't lose to Rutgers. The team is better offensively, still has one of the top offensive lines in the country, and is on the same level defensively as they were a year ago. That's the best I can offer you.
That sounds almost exactly like UCLA's preseason outlook. None of it means squat when looking at the 2007 season, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Surely if Clemson can convince Bama to play a neutral site game, Rutgers could get Maryland or Vandy or even Texas Tech on the schedule?
*cough*

Rutgers does play Maryland...next week in fact.

Last edited by VPI97 : 09-23-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #209
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
So the top 2 teams are better than Texas and Oklahoma?

Well, I'd say yes, but I'm sure you'll disagree.

Quote:
ACC I'm just not sure. Top 3 teams are BC, VT, and Clemson.

The ACC is easily #6 when it comes to the BCS conferences. Maybe #5. WVU and RU are better than BC, and I'd take USF over Clemson. A win over FSU doesn't impress me.

Quote:
I really dont think Rutgers is a favorite against any on the road, and maybe a dog at home to at least VT.

Laughable. Talk about an overrated team. Got embarrassed against LSU and couldn't put the behemoth known as East Carolina away.

I'm tired of these arguments with SEC fans.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #210
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Laughable. Talk about an overrated team. Got embarrassed against LSU and couldn't put the behemoth known as East Carolina away.
shurg...at least we have the balls to play a ranked OOC opponent. Can't say that about any Big East team except USF....and even their ranked opponent, Auburn, has turned out to be crap this season.

Schools should actually play good teams before declaring themselves as part of the epicenter of college football. It's hilarious seeing a fan of one of the most historically horrible I-A programs in college football try to talk down to programs that have...you know, actually maintained more than one year of success.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM   #211
st.cronin
General Manager

The arguments about which conference is better than the others is one of the dumbest arguments you can find today.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 AM   #212
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
*cough*

Rutgers does play Maryland...next week in fact.

Touche
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #213
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The ACC is easily #6 when it comes to the BCS conferences. Maybe #5. WVU and RU are better than BC, and I'd take USF over Clemson. A win over FSU doesn't impress me.
- Acc is #6? Ok I am game. Please name the 5 better BCS conferences.
USF over Clemson? Please tell me have you watched Clemson play this year? Because I have 4 times in fact, in person. And I have watched 3 USF games (DVR) also. Now this is far from a great Clemson team, but USF? Please.

- A win over FSU doesn't impress you, but a win over Richmond U does? Or maybe its the victory over Buffalo that convinces you? This suck, I LOVE Greg Schianno. I worked a summer camp with him when I was still coaching and he is one of my favorite people in college football, but you as a fan are making me hope they dont win another game.

- I think what you are missing is despite their last two games Louisville is still the 3rd best BE team and they lost to the 6th best SEC team.

Quote:

- I think you will find at years end that any team in college football outside of USC is in a different league than LSU, and several will end up embarassed.

- Again, I am a Clemson Tiger, Alum, former player, and former G.A. Clemson = ACC
ACC:SEC :: Boston Red Sox:NY Yankees
I am no SEC fan, and I hate the fact that they are as dominant as they are. I hoped our expansion would lead to more competitive balance between the ACC and the SEC as yet that hasnt happened. So please believe what you want but if you think its only home town (or conference)bias you really are delusional.

Rutgers made a great story last year, and they are a decent team. Now I realize that this feeling of actually being relevent is a total new experience for Rutger fans, so let me give you a little tutorial. Wins last year do not carry over, beating patsies by 50 is nice call us when you play somebody, and finally while 9-3 may be and in fact is a great season for Rutgers, dont be surprised when real football schools aren't impressed when their coaches may get fired for 9-3.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #214
Crim
College Benchwarmer

st.cronin wins the thread.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:44 AM   #215
Crim
College Benchwarmer

But thanks for playing, the-rest-of-you.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:57 AM   #216
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I'd say yes, but I'm sure you'll disagree.

Im a Pac 10 fan, but i can tell you i would take VT over rutgers...id take BC over rutgers, and even clemson over rutgers. WVU, their another story. But i think the big east is WVU, big drop, rutgers, big drop, cincinatti, small drop, pitt/louisville. I think WVU is a top 5 team, and rutgers a top 20...cincy is a top 25, and thats about it as i see it. Not trying to be negative, i just dont see the big east as a top 3 conference right now. Id rank them SEC, Pac 10, Big 12(rank the teams, and compare the matchups..they stack up pretty well with the ACC and BE...would you take pitt over texas tech or cincy over mizzou? Even louisville over nebraska? How about WVU over OU? I just dont see it), ACC(barely, but i think its overall stronger the the BE...i think WVU would win the ACC, but i dont think rutgers or the others would be there at the end), Big East, Big 10.

I know your a big east homer, and especially a rutger's homer, and your conference is getting better and better every year. You have every reason to be optimistic. I just dont think its there yet , in terms of # of top teams or depth. I believe, in full honesty, rutgers and louisville look better then they should because the rest of the league has been pretty terrible in years past. Thats changing with kelly at cincy and pitt finally utlizing that talent they have been stockpiling, but its not there yet. Feel feel to disagree, just thought you should get an outsiders view.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:58 AM   #217
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Hawaii wins 66-10 without Colt Brennan.

HawaiiCompAttYdsPctY/ASackYdsLTDInt
T. Graunke213525260.07.20032
I. Funaki697866.78.70020

Inoke Funaki for backup QB!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #218
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
How was your trip to Blacksburg? VT fans treat you well?
Sorry, not sure how I missed posting about this.

The trip to Blacksburg was HANDS DOWN the most pleasant away game (for football or basketball) experience I've ever had. I'm sure that the fact that we were an inconsequential I-AA played a factor, but still - I've been to other such games like when we played at Maryland last year.

Anyway. We got there somewhat later (ended up getting into the stadium about 3 minutes before kickoff) because we decided to not stay overnight which meant we had to time it so that we could get back and let our dogs out without leaving them caged up TOO long. Point being - we were scrambling last minute which was no fun as far as having to walk to the stadium. We parked outside of some guys house across from the main parking areas (charged $5, ingenious) and walked all of the way across campus. We were walking amongst masses of students and fans and THE worst thing that happened was some kid trying to make some joke about my jersey looking like a Mason jersey (particularly funny since they don't have a football team) and how all of those schools look alike or something... that was the absolute worst thing. We were literally 2 W&M fans amongst hundreds of VT fans walking and people just let us have our piece. Even the drunken Maryland fans had something to say.

Anyway, went in, we were tucked away in a sliver in the corner of Lane Stadium with other W&M fans. The stadium is incredible. The entrance for the Hokies is fun (I took some shaky video from my point and shoot camera that I'll put up later) and it's nice to see even the "old people" jumping to Enter Sandman (we are somewhat notorious for our old, boring football fans). The game was interesting to start with the Hokies pretty quickly getting inside the 10 twice, but our craptastic defense forcing FG's. Then the offense seemed to be moving the ball pretty well until an uncharacteristic pick-6 by our starting QB. It got out of hand quickly after that and it was 27-0 Hokies after the 1st quarter. Despite the blowout, despite some of our fans still trying to be "loud" (there were like.. MAYBE 200 or so of us) and doing our stupid little first down cheer - the Hokie fans didn't try to crap on us, mock us, etc. like they did at Maryland.

So, we left after the 3rd quarter. Our passing offense was actually clicking pretty well (outside of the 3 Int's, which really was all about the Hokies being bigger, stronger, and faster.. .at least 2 of them would have been completions in I-AA - or hell, against a non-top 25 I-A team) and when we walked away W&M actually had more total yards than the Hokies (but only 12 rushing yards with our top 2 guys out).

Anyway... so the way out - same thing.. everyone let us do our thing, even got a few "Go Tribe!"'s from folks in Hokies gear. To top it off as we walked through the parking lot one of the guys still tailgating even gave a, "Thanks for coming!" and not in a "I'm being a sarcastic ass" kind of way.

So anyway - much respect to the Hokie Nation. My fiance and I actually talked about it for like 30 minutes on the way home. It was totally worth our crazy 14 hour day to drive there, watch the game, and come back the same day. Compared to JMU where we swear we'll never go back (of course we're rivals), Maryland which wasn't terrible but not fun, etc it was great. The stadium is awesome with a great backdrop and some loud fans - even considering the blowout. Hell, I was even happy that in the Hokies pre-game radio show it wasn't a lot of "We're going to mop up this team" but there was a lot of respect for the history between the schools (we haven't played since 85, but played 60 some times before that and were in the same conference for like 40 years. Plus, Jimmye Laycock (our couch for 27 years) and Beamer are apparently like literally best friends).

I'd love to go back to a game at Lane Stadium. If somehow the Hokies and Vols could work out a home-home deal in this century, I'd love to go watch that game for sure.

PS: The memorial was very nice. Simple, yet moving.

Edit: http:/www.fof-woof.com/wademoore/Hokies_Intro.MOV - that's the movie of the intro.. pretty crappy and no Enter Sandman since it doesn't have audio.

Here's a good shot of the great seats/view we had. My Aunt/Uncle/Cousins (one of them is a student) had much worse seats (although even the worst seats aren't bad) so I felt pretty lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 09-23-2007 at 06:02 AM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Hawaii wins 66-10 without Colt Brennan.

HawaiiCompAttYdsPctY/ASackYdsLTDInt
T. Graunke213525260.07.20032
I. Funaki697866.78.70020

Inoke Funaki for backup QB!

I would think that hurts Colt's chances at the Heisman. He misses some stats due to the injury, and his backups show that the system can produce excellent stats from his backups.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #220
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
st.cronin wins the thread.

I think you missed CU Tiger's comment.

Quote:
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #221
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was happy to see Georgia win last night, too bad Ole Miss couldn't pull it off. I didn't have much hope early on as Ole Miss was trading touchdowns for field goals.

Good on Georgia and great effort by the Rebs.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
SEC
Big 10
Big 12
Pac 10
Notre Dame
SOL 8

Wait, you said BCS. My bad.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #223
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

HAHA

Just heard this
Notre Dame is the ONLY BCS team without a win. Its mighty lonely at the bottom, I suppose...
Old 09-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #224
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, buddy. I'm loving it.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #225
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
HAHA

Just heard this
Notre Dame is the ONLY BCS team without a win. Its mighty lonely at the bottom, I suppose...

So if they go 0-11, which bowl game do they get to go to?

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #226
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I always thought a BCS team meant you were from one of the BCS conferences. If that's not it, what does it mean?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #227
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I always thought a BCS team meant you were from one of the BCS conferences. If that's not it, what does it mean?

I think it is (literally) teams from the BCS conferences or Notre Dame.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #228
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

AP Top 25
1. USC (43) 3-0 1,601
2. LSU (22) 4-0 1,580
3. Oklahoma 4-0 1,456
4. Florida 4-0 1,417
5. West Virginia 4-0 1,388
6. California 4-0 1,263
7. Texas 4-0 1,196
8. Ohio State 4-0 1,193
9. Wisconsin 4-0 1,030
10. Rutgers 3-0 1,008
11. Oregon 4-0 944
12. Boston College 4-0 927
13. Clemson 4-0 807
14. Kentucky 4-0 708
15. Georgia 3-1 631
16. South Carolina 3-1 586
17. Virginia Tech 3-1 568
18. South Florida 3-0 539
19. Hawaii 4-0 471
20. Missouri 4-0 401
21. Penn State 3-1 337
22. Alabama 3-1 265
23. Arizona State 4-0 206
24. Cincinnati 4-0 164
25. Nebraska 3-1 134
Others Receiving Votes
Purdue 73, Miami (FL) 72, Michigan State 60, UCLA 27, Texas A&M 21, Michigan 21, Arkansas 10, Kansas 6, Florida State 5, UCF 4, Connecticut 3, Virginia 2, Tennessee 1. Dropped From Rankings
Louisville 18, Texas A&M 20.
Complete Rankings

USA Today Poll
1. USC (44) 3-0 1,481
2. LSU (8) 4-0 1,438
3. Florida (4) 4-0 1,347
4. Oklahoma (4) 4-0 1,336
5. West Virginia 4-0 1,260
6. California 4-0 1,137
7. Texas 4-0 1,103
8. Ohio State 4-0 1,092
9. Wisconsin 4-0 1,026
10. Rutgers 3-0 901
11. Boston College 4-0 881
12. Oregon 4-0 878
13. Clemson 4-0 767
14. Virginia Tech 3-1 585
15. Kentucky 4-0 545
16. Georgia 3-1 516
17. Hawaii 4-0 479
18. South Florida 3-0 451
19. Penn State 3-1 397
20. Missouri 4-0 369
21. South Carolina 3-1 335
22. Nebraska 3-1 209
23. Michigan State 4-0 167
24. Alabama 3-1 154
25. Arizona State 4-0 151
25. Purdue 4-0 151
Others Receiving Votes
Cincinnati 84, UCLA 69, Miami (FL) 52, Texas A&M 20, Kansas 20, Louisville 18, Boise State 18, Michigan 17, Georgia Tech 10, Florida State 8, Virginia 7, TCU 6, UCF 5, Tennessee 4, Iowa 3, Air Force 2, Mississippi State 1. Dropped From Rankings
Texas A&M 16, Louisville 19.
Complete Rankings
Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #229
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Couple things jump out.
1) Hawaii is making a nice run. They could wreak havoc if things continue.
2) How in the hell is SC rated below Georgia in both polls? (Admitedly I am the biggest SC hater alive, but damn) SC has 1 loss to the number 2 team in the country. Georgia has 1 loss, to SC in Athens. WTF.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #230
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Woo! Kansas gets "Others Receiving Votes"!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #231
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I can't believe Penn State is still ranked. If I was a defensive person on that team I'd be really pissed at the offense. From the players to the coaches it was such a poorly executed and called game. If Austin Scott sees the field in anything but mop up time it is a pure travesty.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #232
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I would think that hurts Colt's chances at the Heisman. He misses some stats due to the injury, and his backups show that the system can produce excellent stats from his backups.

rofl. this is a joke right? those stats have to help his chances imo. his back up WAS awful, obviously Colt is not a system QB, last night proved it. Graunke was horrible and that was against a FCS team.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #233
JeeberD
General Manager

I don't know that I would call his numbers awful, but I do agree that they weren't up to Colt's standards and I don't think they should hurt his Heisman campaign at all...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 09-23-2007 at 03:51 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #234
knolysis
n00b

Quote:
Couple things jump out.
1) Hawaii is making a nice run. They could wreak havoc if things continue.
2) How in the hell is SC rated below Georgia in both polls? (Admitedly I am the biggest SC hater alive, but damn) SC has 1 loss to the number 2 team in the country. Georgia has 1 loss, to SC in Athens. WTF.

I would like to know the answer to this also. If I were voting, I woud have voted South Carolina higher than last week on the fact that they were in Baton Rouge and played a scary-talented LSU team very tough. I came away thinking they were the 3rd best team in the SEC and potentially a Top 10 team from that performance.
knolysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #235
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yay, Rutgers as #10!

And I agree with those wondering how Georgia is ranked above South Carolina.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-23-2007 at 04:09 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
rofl. this is a joke right? those stats have to help his chances imo. his back up WAS awful, obviously Colt is not a system QB, last night proved it. Graunke was horrible and that was against a FCS team.

Two backups at a lower tier school combine for 330 yards, 5 TD's and only 2 INT's. You don't think that isn't going to convince some voters that it is the system.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #237
JeeberD
General Manager

Honestly, I think that's more about who they were playing. If Colt were in I would have expected him to hang 500+ yards and six scores on Charleston Southern...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #238
st.cronin
General Manager

Its perfectly obvious that the Big 10 is far and away the best conference in college football. You only need to look at the following stat to realize that:

Big Ten's record vs. Notre Dame: 3-0
All other BCS conferences record vs. Notre Dame: 1-0

The Big Ten is, thus, three times as good as all the other BCS conferences put together.

knives out
Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #239
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not saying it is all the system. I'm just saying that I can see how this could cost Colt some votes.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #240
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

exactly, I was at the game. Anyway the 3rd string QB funaki played against Charleston Southerns 2nd string Defense btw, so thats his numbers. and as for Graunke, his passes were awful, threw lobs when he needed zip, and the opposite. Anyone calling colt only a system QB and seen this game would realize its not just the system, the guy is special.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #241
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm not saying it is all the system. I'm just saying that I can see how this could cost Colt some votes.

grr you beat my post
lol anyway I didnt mean to be harsh in the first post. And I can see what your saying, especially people who didnt see the game, and just look at the stats I guess. which is unfortunate, because compared to Colt he was bad.

It was really awesome after his 2nd pick, the whole stadium started chanting "We Want Colt"

it was loud. haha.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #242
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
exactly, I was at the game. Anyway the 3rd string QB funaki played against Charleston Southerns 2nd string Defense btw, so thats his numbers. and as for Graunke, his passes were awful, threw lobs when he needed zip, and the opposite. Anyone calling colt only a system QB and seen this game would realize its not just the system, the guy is special.

Problem is do you think Heisman voters were up at midnight Est watching this game? They only look at the boxscores in a game like that. So all they'll see is two scrubs just put up 400 yards in that offense.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #243
st.cronin
General Manager

Just the fact that Colt missed a game, regardless of what his backups or his team did, has got to kill his Heisman chances.

knives out
Old 09-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #244
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Problem is do you think Heisman voters were up at midnight Est watching this game? They only look at the boxscores in a game like that. So all they'll see is two scrubs just put up 400 yards in that offense.

Exactly my point.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #245
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

yea, thats sad.

Anyway, Hawaii Looking good for BCS afta 1/3 season.

all they need to do now is win out (yea not really the easiest thing to do)
but seeing where they are ranked right now, there is 0 chance they will be snubbed if they win out.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #246
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Just the fact that Colt missed a game, regardless of what his backups or his team did, has got to kill his Heisman chances.

That's what I was thinking.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #247
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I don't think it will. not yet anyway, its too early to kill him off, especially with brohm already having lost 2 games, as well as arkansas and mcfadden.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #248
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Bradford for Heisman
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #249
bhlloy
Coordinator

Colt's chances rely solely on whether Hawaii makes the BCS and how ridiculous his passing numbers at the end of the year are. Him missing a game clearly hurts his bottom line but I don't know who else is going to get it.

If USC goes unbeaten and wins the NC, it will probably be Booty, but otherwise he is going to be unfavourably compared to Leinart and Palmer so he won't win it. I don't think McFadden will get it on a pretty average team. I don't know who on LSU could be deserving seeing as they played 2 QB's last night and there doesn't seem to be a RB who gets all of the carries. Brohm is toast. Wide open field after 4 weeks of the season.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #250
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
yea, thats sad.

Anyway, Hawaii Looking good for BCS afta 1/3 season.

all they need to do now is win out (yea not really the easiest thing to do)
but seeing where they are ranked right now, there is 0 chance they will be snubbed if they win out.

I will beat this drum again - Hawaii in a BCS would be a travesty.

Quote: