Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2004, 05:45 PM   #201
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

So, Yellope is scared to move up in class as far as titles. That leaves the floor wide open for Eckman to challenge any of the three title holders:

Kappe: IBF
Yellope: FOFC
Tyson: WBO

Or, if he chooses to do so, he can wait for the UHC fight to conclude and try to work out a contract to fight for the ultimate prize.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:50 PM   #202
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Bah.. just more fun to beat up chumps like JoeBlew Yuckman,,

Give me Ali. I want the champ!
Old 03-04-2004, 06:04 PM   #203
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Wanted: Palooka who thinks he can hang in the ring for 12 rounds with the UNDISPUTED FOFC champeen.

Pay is good, working conditions are rough.

Successful applicants will need the ability to absorb a tushie whomping without crying, whining, or calling for their mommy.

Call: 1-800-FOZ-WINS

(Grin)

I hung with you for 12 rounds once, fool. I know that if given the chance, I could do it again. But this time, the outcome would be much, much different.

Of course, I'm considering going after Tyson next. You may just have to wait a while before I take your belt from you...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #204
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Yellope's going for Ali? That's it, give me Tyson. Brawler versus brawler. Should be an outstanding (and most likely a short) fight.

Eckman KO in three!

Last edited by JeeberD : 03-04-2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #205
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Night from Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York!

Opening Bout: Pete “Chupacabra” Rodriguez (1-2) vs. Neuq “Preperation H” Amrev (1-2-1)

Preliminary Bout #1: Mike “Blade” Tokunaga (4-6) vs. Corrie Sanders (2-4)

Preliminary Bout #2: Kyle “Dutch Mafia” Kappe (9-2) vs. Floyd Patterson (4-3-1) for Kappe’s IBF Heavyweight Title of the World.

Support Bout: David “The American Bear” Yellope (9-2) vs. David “The Assassin” Gonzalez (5-7) for Yellope’s FOFC Heavyweight Title.

Co-Feature: Jobe “The Suckpuppy” Eckman (7-2) vs. Mike Tyson (12-9) for Tyson’s WBO Heavyweight Title.

Main Event: Muhammad Ali (10-0) vs. Jason Wood (8-0) for Ali’s UHC Heavyweight Title.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-04-2004, 10:55 PM   #206
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout

Pete Rodriguez vs. Neuq Amrev

Pete is a 3-2 favorite in this fight. Both fighters are in perfect shape for this bout.

Not much action from Amrev in round 1, unless you call taking about 5 solid rights to the face action. Pete jumped out fast and easily takes round 1.

This is getting awfully ugly in a hurry, as Neuq is not mounting any sort of offense at all. He is also not putting up much defense.

Finally, in round 3, Neuq starts throwing some punches. Nice of him to show up to this fight. Pete landed just as many though and we’ll call this round even.

Neuq is finally showing some real signs of life early in round 4. He was sneaking in some damaging rights and winning this round. But Rodriguez came back later in the round and landed 3 straight rights right in a row to the face of Amrev. Those punches busted open his left eye and the ref halted the fight for the doctor to take a look. The doctor didn’t hesitate to stop the fight and recommended Neuq get the hospital and have that eye sewn up immediately.

The winner by TKO at the 2:19 mark of Round 4 is Pete Rodriguez!

Old 03-04-2004, 10:58 PM   #207
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1

Mike Yokunaga vs. Corrie Sanders

Mike is a 3-1 favorite in this fight. Both fighters are in perfect fighting shape as the bell sounds to begin this bout.

In the first minute of the fight, the two guys threw some soft jabs to feel each other out. After that Mike must have noticed something about Sander’s defense early on because he landed a hard 4 punch combination and then followed it up with a massive hook that caught Sanders flush and knocked him out cold for a ten count. Minutes later, after the official announcement, Sanders was still down and not moving much. Let’s hope he is alright!

The winner by KO at the 1:41 mark of Round 1 is Mike Tokunaga!

Old 03-04-2004, 11:02 PM   #208
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2

Kyle Kappe vs. Floyd Patterson for Kappe’s IBF heavyweight strap.

Normally, Kappe would not be in a preliminary bout, but this card is loaded up tonight. Kappe is a 2-1 favorite in this fight. Both fighters are in excellent shape.

Patterson was reaching for the ropes early in this fight. Kappe did not land many shots, but the ones that he did really hurt Floyd and he is going to have to regroup already.

Kappe came out in round 2 sensing that Patterson was hurt already and he attacked. He landed everything but the kitchen sink in this round and the ref had no choice but to stop this one early. We are rapidly progressing through the fights tonight at the Garden as every one has been a mismatch so far!

The winner by TKO at the 2:12 mark of Round 2 is Kyle “Dutch Mafia” Kappe!

Old 03-04-2004, 11:25 PM   #209
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout

David “The American Bear” Yellope vs. David “The Assassin” Gonzalez for Yellope’s coveted FOFC Title.

Yellope is a 3-2 favorite in this fight. Both fighters look to be in great shape.

Yellope opened the fight with a solid left-right-left combination that staggered Gonzalez early on. Gonzalez did fight back in the round though, but we’ll still give it to the Champ.

Round 2 is another win for Yellope as he just landed many more shots. Nobody has really thrown many heavy punches yet, but Gonzalez is taking the worst of the punishment so far.

Gonzalez starts taking the fight to Yellope in round 3, staggering the champ a bit. I am not sure if Yellope expected so much from Gonzalez after what he showed in the first two rounds, but Gonzalez landed a hook with so much power that the Champ‘s left eye immediately swelled up. An easy win for Gonzalez in this round, and he has the champ in trouble.

Yellope looked a little desperate in round 4, throwing some wild punches. Gonzalez withstood the assault and countered with some brilliant shots of his own. The round was extremely close, but Gonzalez just might have taken it.

Round 5 is another close one, but Gonzalez is finishing these rounds off strong, which might be winning them for him. In this round, he landed a hard shot off the top of Yellope’s head which sent him staggering to his corner a few seconds early. Yellope’s corner is doing a pretty good job keeping that swelling down, but he better protect the eye during the fight a little better.

The action slowed down in round 6, but Yellope was able to land a few shots which would have won him this round in my book. Halfway through the fight, I would say the champ has a slight advantage, although based on looks alone, he is losing because of the eye.

Lots of combination punches from Gonzalez in round 7. Yellope landed a crushing uppercut that did the most damage of the round, but Gonzalez out scored Yellope in the 7th.

Yellope looked like the champ in round 8. He landed jabs and rights, combinations and 1 hook in particular that rattled Gonzalez. He was also blocking just about everything Gonzalez threw and countering with nice shots of his own. A big round for Yellope. He may have set up Gonzalez for a knockdown now.

In round 9, it was Gonzalez’s turn to look the part of a champion. He turned the tables on Yellope and gave him as much punishment as he received in the last round. As we head to the final 3 rounds, Yellope still has a very small advantage on my card. Give his corner great credit for keeping that swelling to a minimum as well.

In round 10, Yellope took control of the fight with a right hand to the gut of Gonzalez that just crumpled him! Gonzalez had a lot of trouble answering the count, but made it up as the ref hit 9. As Yellope moves in the for the kill, Gonzalez plays it smart and grabs him every chance he got. This frustrated Yellope and he got warned for hitting on the break. Big round for the champ nonetheless.

Yellope came out in the 11th and seemed content to let this go to the cards where he feels he is comfortably ahead. Gonzalez seemed like he was still trying to regroup from the last round and maybe saving everything he has for a shot at the knockout in the 12th round. Give the 11th to Yellope.

Oh my, the 12th starts out with a bang! We knew Yellope was a dirty fighter, but this was just cheap! As the fighters came out to touch gloves to start the 12th, Yellope faked the touch and leveled Gonzalez with a right that sent him down for a 8 count! Gonzalez never recovered from that cheap shot, but he did survive the whole 12 rounds. Let’s go to the cards.

Daniel Fucs scores the fight 117-108.
Kim Dai-Won scores it 115-110.
Arno Pokrandt scores it 115-110 for the winner and STILL FOFC Heavyweight Champion of the World, David “The American Bear” Yeeeeeeeeeeeellope!

The crowd gives him a huge round of Boos and start throwing garbage at him as he leaves the ring. Gonzalez is left with a loss and a real cheap shot to ponder.

Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 PM   #210
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature

Jobu Eckman vs. Mike Tyson for Tyson’s WBO Heavyweight Title.

The odds are exactly even for this fight. Eckman appears to be in good shape, but reports say that Tyson trained so hard, he might have overdone it and left the fight in the gym. We’ll find out soon as round 1 is about to begin.

Right off the bat, Tyson is warned for hitting on the break and Eckman is warned for head butting. Between all that extra activity we saw both fighters go head hunting and land some nice shots. A very slight edge would have to go to Eckman in round 1.

Again, at the start of round 2, Tyson is caught holding and hitting and the ref does not hesitate to take a point away from Tyson. More head hunting in round 2. You wouldn’t think either of these guys know what a body punch is. I guess they both want to prove they are the better knockout puncher. Eckman again gets the upper hand in the round.

Round 3 is another close round, as both fighters are landing some good shots to the others head. Both are absorbing the blows very well and fighting back hard. Eckman is still gaining an advantage in every round and has probably taken all three of them.

Eckman comes out in round 4 and finally throws a body shot. It must have surprised Tyson so much because he doubled over and hit the canvas for a 6 count! You know Eckman is going to go for the kill and he lands a series of shots upstairs and downstairs that sends Tyson to the canvas for the second time in the round. Tyson answers to a 7 count this time. Eckman continues his assault as soon as Tyson get up and he immediately knocks him down for the third time in this round. That is all she wrote!

The winner by TKO and NEW WBO Heavyweight Champion of the World, Jobe “The Suckpuppy” EEEEEEEEEEEEckman!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2004, 11:41 PM   #211
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Ladies and Gents, welcome to the Main Event!

We bring to you live, from Madison Square Garden, 12 rounds of Championship Heavyweight boxing for the most prized title in the sporting world, the UHC Heavyweight Title.

Introducing first, the challenger. Fighting out of the red corner and hailing from the United State of America. He has a perfect record of Eight wins against No Losses. Seven of those wins have come by way of Knockout. He is the #3 ranked boxer in the world. Introducing Shotgun Jason Wood!

And making his way to the ring now, fighting out of the blue corner and also hailing from the United State of America. He has a professional record of 10 wins without a single loss. Five of those wins have come by way of knockout. He is the #1 ranked boxer in the world. He is the undefeated, undisputed, universally known UHC Heavyweight Champion of the World, Muhammad AAAAAAAliiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

The fighters stand in the center of the ring staring each other down. Both fighters have never lost, and are fighting for the greatest prize in sports, as well as their perfect record. With out further ado, LET’S GET IT ON!

Last edited by Marmel : 03-04-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:48 PM   #212
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Wood has worked his whole life for this opportunity and he comes out in round 1 full of adrenaline, rocking the Champ back on his heels with a series of combinations that all land cleanly. He then throws a straight right into the mouth of Ali and splits his lip open! Blood is running down the chin of the champ in round 1. Ali has come to expect this from his opponents though and weathers the storm and starts to mount a comeback of his own. The first round ends and Wood takes it with ease.

Wood comes out in round 2, the same way he did in round 1, but this time Ali expects it and just crushes Wood with a right that buckles his knees and sends him down! He gets right back up at a 4 count, but how quickly things can turn! Ali’s killer instinct kicks in and he backs Wood into the corner. He is raining blows on him with the left and the right. Wood can do nothing but cover up. He is not fighting back at all! Ali continues to blast away at the head of Wood. The only thing holding him up is the corner ropes. He looks like he is out! The ref has to pull Ali away from his opponent! This fight is in the books!!!!!!!!!!

The winner by TKO and STILL undefeated, undisputed UHC Heavyweight Champion of the World is Muhammad ALI!!!!!

Old 03-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #213
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn... Ali is a friggin badass.

Speaking of badasses, how about that Jobu Eckman? Tyson who?

It's good to be the champ...

Old 03-05-2004, 12:09 AM   #214
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Dola-

Yellope's going for Ali? That's it, give me Tyson. Brawler versus brawler. Should be an outstanding (and most likely a short) fight.

Eckman KO in three!

Dola-

Damn, I almost nailed that prediction. Still, a fourth round KO of Iron Mike is uber impressive...

Old 03-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #215
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Damn... Ali is a friggin badass.

Speaking of badasses, how about that Jobu Eckman? Tyson who?

It's good to be the champ...

No kidding, I was expecting this to go at least 10, if not the distance. Never saw this coming at all!

Old 03-05-2004, 01:02 AM   #216
kingfc22
Head Coach

Yellope that ***** ***** ******!!!! That cheapshot was not called for and I hope that the boxing commissioners take a look at the fight. Sure he might have beat me anyway but it was still uncalled for. I want a piece of him and I want the belt that I invented.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:59 AM   #217
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yellope's a friggin jagbag!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:52 AM   #218
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey.. That chump's upset.. he was going to do it first.

Anyone, anytime. Rematches? Fine.

That Neuq Guy? Fine.. I'll put him on his ass too.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:23 AM   #219
Blade
College Prospect

Well, at least I am starting to win again...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:54 AM   #220
MrBug708
Head Coach

I want Neuq and Foz
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:36 PM   #221
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Sir Foz vacates the FOFC belt for a chance to fight Ali!

That brings us to Fight Night from the MGM Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas!

Opening Bout: Ignacio “Cobra” Catalan (2-2) vs. Andrew Golota (2-4-1)

Preliminary Bout #1: Joe Louis (7-5) vs. Larry Holmes (16-6-1)

Preliminary Bout #2: David “The Assassin” Gonzalez (5-8) vs. Mike “Blade” Tokunaga (5-6)

Support Bout: Timmy “Thunder” Kings (3-4) vs. Jace Hunter (4-6) for the newly vacated FOFC Title. A clause in this contract states that the winner must give Yellope a shot at winning this title back if he fails to beat Ali.

Co-Feature: Kyle Kappe (10-2) vs. Neuq Amver (1-3-1) for Kappe’s IBF Heavyweight Title.

Main Event: Muhammad Ali (11-0) vs. David “The American Bear” Yellope (10-2) for Ali’s UHC Heavyweight Title.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:48 PM   #222
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout:

Ignacio Catalan vs. Andrew Golota

Catalan is a 2-1 favorite in this fight. Both fighters look to be in good shape and ready to go.

Round 1 was fairly even. Catalan landed more punches, but Golota landed a few big scoring hooks to the head of Catalan.

Catalan had maybe the best round of his fighting career in the second. It seemed everything he threw was landing clean. He really hurt Golota in that round, and if he just pressed the action a little more I think he would have ended it. On right in particular send Golota to the ropes, and clinging to them to stay up. Golota leaves the round with a swollen left eye.

Round 3 sees Catalan chasing Golota around the ring and landing all of his punches at will. He is really doing a bang up job on Golota and late in the round the ref has decided that Golota has seen enough!

The winner by TKO at the 2:55 mark of Round 3 Igancio Catalan!

Old 03-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #223
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1: Joe Louis vs. Larry Holmes

Louis is a 3-2 favorite in this fight. I don’t know how this potential classic fight slipped to a preliminary bout, but here it is. Both fighters are in great shape and ready to battle.

Lots of action in the first three rounds of this fight. Each man is able to land some very clean shots that are doing damage to their opponent, however neither fighters has distanced themselves in terms of scoring. A very even first three round, with plenty of hard hitting action.

Round 4 was a real strange one. Holmes was overwhelming Louis in the round, giving him the beating of a lifetime. The ref was just about to step in and save Louis from further punishment when Louis threw a devastating right hand that dropped Holmes to the canvas! He answered to a 5 count and the bell rand to end this wild round. Does the knockdown give Louis the round even though he was dominated? I don’t know. I do know that Louis has a nice swelling on his right eye to show for all the pain he took.

Louis comes out and has a strong 5th round after handing out the knockdown in round 4. But Holmes returns the favor in the 6th round by sending Louis to the canvas for a quick 3 count. Halfway through this fight it is pretty close. Maybe Holmes has a little advantage, but I am not sure. Louis’ corner is doing a decent job on his eye, but the swelling does look a bit worse.

Louis starts taking control of the fight in round 7, and by the end of round 8, he is dominating Holmes who has seemed to slow down quite a bit. Louis is easily racking up the points right now and has caused a slight swelling on Holmes’ left eye.

Early in round 9, Louis sends Holmes to the canvas with a straight right punch. Holmes answers to a 5 count, but he does not look good at all right now. Louis moves in for the kill, but Holmes does a pretty good job recovering and keeping him at bay. With 3 rounds to go, Louis has opened up a nice lead on the cards.

Things really slow down in the 10th, but give the round to Holmes for at least trying.

Round 11 also has very little action. Both fighters are either out of gas, or saving up for round 12. Call the 11th even.

It appears Holmes was out of gas, but Louis was just saving up to put on an impressive round 12 which should just lock up the judges decision.

Pat Russell scores the bout 117-109.
Frederico Vollmer scores it 117-110.
Angelo Poletti scores it 116-111.

The winner, by unanimous decision, Smokin’ Joe Louis!

Old 03-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #224
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2

David Gonzalez vs. Mike Tokunaga

Tokunaga is a 3-2 favorite, but both of these fighters are inconsistent so far and both could use a big victory here today. Gonzalez appears a little soft around the middle for this fight. On Tokunaga’s side there have been reports of in house fighting with his manager the last few months that may affect his performance.

Round 1 was fairly even until Gonzalez turned on the heat in the last 30 seconds, landing some big blows that gave him the round.

Round 2 was a carbon copy of round 1, with both fighters getting their share of work in, but Gonzalez finishing strong and taking the round.

In the third, both fighters looked pretty good, but Gonzalez just appears to be a bit more affective and he has probably taken all three rounds now.

In round 4, Tokunaga lands a low blow and the ref deducts a point from him for it. He easily won the round otherwise, but it will probably be scored even because of the point.

Gonzalez recovers quickly and overwhelms Tokunaga in round 5, in the process opening up a deep cut under Tokunaga’s left eye. Man, does it look bad and he is losing a lot of blood. That round took a lot out of Tokunaga and he comes into round 6 with his hands held low.

As tired as he was, Tokunaga finally has a good round where he would be considered the winner of the round on the cards. Can he be finding that second wind he needs? Halfway through the fight, Gonzalez still has a decent lead though.

Gonzalez regains control of the fight in round 7 with some very nice jab work that kept Tokunaga at bay for the three minutes.

Tokunaga comes back strong in round 8, hurting Gonzalez with some stiff rights and a few nice combinations. He keeps himself in this one with a nice victory in the round.

Tokunaga continues to apply the pressure in round 9, landing shot after shot and swinging the momentum in his favor. But midway through the round he leads with the head and that costs him another point for head butting. This would have been another round for Tokunaga, but now we have to call it even. Tokunaga has given away 2 rounds so far.

Tokunaga continues to work over Gonzalez in the 10th, but then Gonzalez somehow lands a straight right which sends Tokunaga down for a 4 count! Gonzalez may have just wrapped this fight up.

Round 11 was just a boring round. Tokunaga appears to be out of it after the knockdown. Give the round to Gonzalez for at least pressing what little action there was.

In round 12, Tokunaga needs a knockout to win the fight, but you would have thought Gonzalez did by the way he came after Tokunaga. He almost knocked him down on several occasions, but Tokunaga stumbled around and survived the full 12 rounds.

Rocardo Bays scored the fight 115-111.
Bob Flamme scored it 114-111.
Doug Tucker scored it 117-108.

The winner, by unanimous decision, David “The Assassin” Gonzalez!

Old 03-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #225
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout

Timmy Kings vs. Jace Hunter for the vacant FOFC Heavyweight Title!

Kings is a 2-1 favorite in this fight. Both fighters are in perfect shape for a shot at the title.

Both fighters landed about the same number of punches in round 1, but while Hunter was landing jabs, Kings was landing high scoring power shots and he takes the first round.

Hunter starting throwin gthe big rights in round 2 and landing some of them, but Kings kept up his assault from the first round and out scored Hunter in the second round as well.

Kings tightened up his defense in round 3, and Hunter had trouble landing anything clean. Kings, meanwhile, is continuing having success by going upstairs and down, and landing a high percentage.

Hunter has not done much to change the direction of this fight, and Kings has now probably taken all of the first 4 rounds.

Hunter looks like a new fighter in round 5 though. Maybe it just took him a bit to warm up because he made up for some lost rounds by landing a lot of punches and had Kings reeling and backpedaling for the entire 3 minutes!

The momentum for Hunter carries over into round 6, and he easily wins this one as well. Halfway through, I give Kings 4 rounds to just 2 for Hunter.

Hunter continues to take the fight to Kings in round 7, and he is quickly making up ground in this fight.

Hunter started round 8 as he has fought the last 3 rounds, but finally Kings comes back to life midway through the round with some fancy counter punching. Call this round dead even.

Kings continues the momentum he got going in the last round and dominated this round like he did in the earlier round of the fight. He is trying to stretch out his lead again now as we head into the final 3 rounds of the fight.

More Timmy Kings in round 10, at least for the first 2 minutes of the round. Hunter came back strong in the final minute, but I don’t know if it was enough to win the round.

Not much action in round 11 as both fighters try to rest up for what should be a good final round. Give Hunter the edge for landing a few more shots.

Hunter needed to have a good round 12 to have a shot on the cards, but Kings tried to avoid him and did a pretty good job of slowing down the action and limiting Hunter’s chances. We have to go to the cards for the final decision.

Esa Lehtossari scores the fight 117-111.
Lee Mcgowan scores it 116-113.
Oren Shellenberger scores it 116-112 for the winner and NEW FOFC Heavyweught Champion of the World, Timmy “Thunder” Kings!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2004, 04:52 PM   #226
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co-Feature

Kyle Kappe vs. Neuq Amrev for Kappe’s IBF Heavyweight strap.

Kappe is a 2-1 favorite in this fight. Both fighters are in perfect condition and ready to battle.

Kappe looks like the champ and Neuq looks like the chump in round 1. Kappe did a great job banging rights to Neuq’s face and causing an almost immediate swelling of his right eye.

Amrev has a very solid round 2, controlling the action and landing way more punches while doidn some decent damage to the champ.

Kappe starts out boxing Amrev in the 3rd round, which seemed to frustrate Neuq, so he just started unloading rights in the face of Kappe, scoring big points and stealing the round! Can we be seeing an upset in the making here?

Kappe rebounds with a very solid 4th round. He kept Neuq at bay and snunk in some clean punches where he could.

Kappe again wins round 5, but he is not dominating like a champion should so far. Neuq is hanging around and the rounds he is losing, are not by much. Kappe should not be taking the chance that the judges are giving any of these rounds to Neuq. And for the record, Neuq’s corner is doing an amazing job keeping the swelling to a bare minimum so far.

Kappe looked much, much better in round 6, dominating like we expected him to dominate most of the rounds. Halfway through the fight, Kappe has a decent lead, but I doubt he is comfortable with it.

Between the last round and this 7th round, Kappe is now starting to take over and dominate Neuq. A very solid victory for Kappe in this round.

Round 8 is another easy win for Kappe, but to Neuq’s credit he is hanging in there and not giving Kappe a chance to finish him off.

Same old story in round 9. Neuq is landing some shots, but Kappe is just outclassing him and landing more, racking up round after round after round right now.

Kappe tried to finish Neuq off in round 10, landing a rib shot that crumbled Neuq like 5 day old stale bread. Neuq barely got up at the count of 8, but as soon as he did, Kappe attacked and the ref had to stop this fight.

The winner by TKO and STILL IBF Heavyweight Champion of the World, Kyle “Dutch Mafia” Kappe!

Old 03-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #227
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

And now for the Main Event of the evening. 12 rounds of boxing for the undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the world, sponsored by the UHC Boxing Federation.

Introducing the challenge, hailing from Boston Massachusettes. He has a professional record of 10 wins with only 2 losses. Seven of those big wins have come by way of knockout. This man has vacated his FOFC Title for a shot at the UHC title. He has never lost a title fight in his entire career. He is the challenger, David “The American Bear” Yellope!

And fighting out of blue corner. He has a professional record of 11 wins without a single loss. Six of those wins have come by way of knockout. He is the man who needs no introduction. He is the undefeated, undisputed UHC Heavyweight Champion of the World…………Muhammad Ali!

Old 03-05-2004, 04:57 PM   #228
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
The winner, by unanimous decision, Smokin’ Joe Louis!

Smokin' Joe Louis?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:58 PM   #229
JeeberD
General Manager

Ali's gonna clean the floor with the Koala Bear...

Old 03-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #230
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Both fighters come out pretty cautious in round 1. Yellope might have learned something from the beating that Frazier took by coming out fast against Ali. The two fighters pick their spots carefully and it is Yellope who is a bit more successful and takes round 1.

Ali lands a hard uppercut early in round 2 which slowed Yellope down for the rest of the round. Ali was careful though and picked his spots, earning the victory in round 2.

Yellope continues to fight a very smart fight in round 3. He is overly cautious and picking his spots wisely, and usually landing when he does throw. His defense is fine and he is counter punching affectively as well. He easily takes round 3 from the champ, although neither fighter has inflicted much damage.

Round 4 sees some of the first few real damaging punches throw and landed, and most of them came from the challenger, Yellope. He continues to fight very smart. He had Ali backed up into the ropes and landed a great 4 punch combination that had Ali covering up and moving out of the way!

Yellope continues to rack up points against Ali, but with 30 seconds left in round 5, Ali strikes like a Cobra with an uppercut to Yellope’s chin that sends him down on his ass, literally. Yellope is sittin gon the canvas, looking like he is in a daze. I doubt he even know what hit him. Yellope does get to his feet at a count of 8 and makes it out of the round.

Yellope lands a big hook and then a three punch combo at the start of round 6 that clearly shook up the Champ. Yellope sensed this and moved in for the kill, landing some heavy rights and some hard jabs in the process. A huge victory for Yellope in round 6!

Halfway through the fight, even with being knocked down, I have to give the advantage to Yellope by 2 or even three points right now!

Old 03-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #231
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Smokin' Joe Louis?

Oops.

That's Frazier, huh? I told you I was not a boxing pro in the first post of this dynasty.

How embarrassing.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:12 PM   #232
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Ali comes back with a huge round 7, landing some big punches. A straight right buckled Yellope’s legs, but The Bear played it smart and started back peddaling and moving laterally, out of Ali’s way, limiting his chances to further hurt Yellope.

A good round 8 for both fighters, but you have to give it to Ali as he had a nice late flurry of punches that all landed, so while it was close, Ali finished strong.

Round 9 saw some very nice exchanged, but the Champ got the better of Yellope a little bit there and probably took this round. With 3 rounds left, this fight is too close to call. Yellope has to realize that, to use the old saying, to be the champ, you have to beat the champ. He cannot keep these rounds close and expect to get the nod from the judges, I don’t think. You are going to have to take it to Ali to beat him, and with only 3 rounds left, now is the time.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:14 PM   #233
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Geez.. givin Ali a good fight here :0
Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 PM   #234
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Early in round 10 Yellope threw a real lazy jab out there and Ali jumped at the chance to land a clean counter, and that he did. He ripped open a huge gash over Yellope’s right eye, causing the blood to spill into his eye and limiting his sight. Yellope though, didn’t lose his cool and just tried to cover up and avoid Ali and his killer instinct. Give the round to Ali though.

No action at all in round 11, and you have to give that kind of round to the champ. Plus, he probably did press the actiona bit more, for what there was.

Round 12, the final one, was another very slow round with little action. But the action that there actually was all come from Yellope’s end as he is trying to leave the judges with a good last impression. If that kind of thing wins a fight, then Yellope will be our new champ, as he easily outscored Ali in this 12th round.

We are ready to go to the cards!

Old 03-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #235
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Garcia scores the fight 116-113.

Bob Logist scores it 115-114.

Dave Moretti scores it 115-114.

The winner by unanimous decision………..

Old 03-05-2004, 05:21 PM   #236
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's going to be Ali.. I don't think I did enough
Old 03-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #237
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

AND STILL UNDEFEATED UHC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD………..MUHAMMAD ALI!

Old 03-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #238
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Can anyone beat the champ? Some of my test sims say Yes, absolutly, but you better bring all you got, and then some.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:23 PM   #239
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damn. Props to the Greatest.. Guess I gotta fight for my FOFC title again and see if I can get a rematch.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:29 PM   #240
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Early thoughts for the next card:

Yellope vs. Kings for the FOFC title per contract stipulations.
Up and coming Louis vs. Kappe for the IBF
Eckman vacating his WBO to take on Ali.
Holmes fighting for the WBO vs. ?
Other FOFCers in action for the next shot at the FOFC.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:35 PM   #241
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm going to be out of town until Sunday night. Do what you fell is the best for Eckman...

Old 03-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #242
MrBug708
Head Coach

Foz and I deserve a shot at each other....

Ali can kill Neuq
Old 03-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #243
sabotai
General Manager

I want a rematch with Ali. He got lucky!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:17 PM   #244
MrBug708
Head Coach

Lucky 40 times?
Old 03-05-2004, 11:48 PM   #245
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Night from The Frieluft Ring in Berlin, Germany!

Opening Bout: Frans Botha (0-0) vs. Mike “Blade” Tokunaga (5-7)

Preliminary Bout #1: Jace Hunter (4-7) vs. Neuq “Prep H” Amrev (1-4-1)

Preliminary Bout #2: Gene Tunney (11-6) vs. Larry Holmes (16-7-1) for the newly vacant WBO Heavyweight title.

Support Bout: Kyle “Dutch Mafia” Kappe (11-2) vs. Joe Louis (8-5) for Kappe’s IBF Heavyweight title.

Co-Feature: Timmy “Thunder” Kings (4-4) vs. David “The American Bear” Yellope (10-3) for King’s FOFC Title.

Main Event: Muhammad Ali (12-0) vs. Jobu Beckman (8-2) for Ali’s UHC Heavyweight Title.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:53 PM   #246
MrBug708
Head Coach

Joe Lewis eh?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:01 AM   #247
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout

Mike Tokunaga vs. Frans Botha

Mike is a 5-2 favorite in this fight. Botha is coming into this fight with only a few weeks training due to the late notice of the fight. Tokunaga and his manager have been arguing a lot lately aver his career and it could have an affect on the fight.

A solid first round for Tokunaga and he needs it because he needs to come out of here, especiialy against a rusty fighter like Botha, with a victory.

Tokunaga lands a huge uppercut midway through round 2 and Botha drops to the canvas. It takes a 7 count before he gets to his feet. Tokunaga just doesn’t have that killer instinct to take him down for good in this round though.

Score another victory for Tokunaga in round 3. He landed a nice straight right which has caused a good swelling on Botha’s left eye.

Mike maintains control of this fight in round 4. He is not overwhelming his opponent, but doing enough work to win each round so far. Aright cross has caused swelling in Botha’s right eye now, and he is looking pretty bad right now.

Round 5 is still the same result: Tokunaga dominating Botha. At this point, Botha’s legs look awfully shaky. One mistake from Mike in this round though as he threw an unnecessary low blow and had a point taken away.

Mike knocks Botha down hard midway through the round, and this time he shows a good killer instinct, getting Botha in a corner and going to work on him until the ref finally stops this fight!

The winner by TKO at the 2:52 mark of Round 6 is Mike Tokunaga!

Old 03-06-2004, 12:02 AM   #248
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

There's talk about Ali "retiring" in order to not have to face the punishment of a Ali-Amrev bout.

The greatest? Pshht. Please.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:19 AM   #249
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1

Jace Hunter vs. Neuq Amrev

The odds are even on this fight. Both fighters look to be in outstanding shape for this fight.

Neuq started off pretty solid in this fight, but late in round 1, Hunter lands some solid jabs as well as a great combination that should end up giving him the first round.

Round 2 was dead even the whole way. Neither fighter threw many big punches until once again Hunter came in at the last 10 seconds and landed a massive right hook that shook Neuq and won the round for Hunter.

Hunter was very particular about his punches in round 3, but it worked out well for him as he landed about 90% of the punches he threw that round. Amrev just has no defense at all in this fight. Score another round for Hunter.

Neuq finally picks up his first round in the 4th, but only because Hunter didn’t throw many punches or score many points. It is not like Neuq doled out any real punishment.

The action slows down considerably in round 5. Both fighters landed a couple of power punches, but not much else was going on. Score this round even.

Round 6 is Neuq’s turn to steal a round with a late flurry. One straight right in particular did a lot of damage to Hunter, including cutting him wide open under his left eye. Score this round for Neuq, as well as him drawing first blood in the fight. Still halfway through the fight, Hunter has a decent sized lead in my opinion.

Credit Hunter’s corner with a great job in getting that cut to stop bleeding right away. Hunter showed no ill affects of that punch in round 7 as he reasserted himself in this fight and easily took the round, while also taking a lot of steam out of Amrev.

Neuq had Hunter in trouble in the 8th round, but just didn’t have enough in him to land that one punch that would have at least sent Hunter to the canvas. Still, a solid round for Neuq and he wins this one.

Neuq is the one who found himself in a world of trouble, and hurt, in round 9. He barely survives the round and might not have much left in him after that beating.

Round 10 was pretty ugly for Neuq. He went down early in the round and really struggled to get up. He looked drunk out there stumbling around but he did get up at the count of 9. Surprisingly, the ref let the fight continue, and Neuq got knocked down again right before the bell, but once again he got back up and to his corner for the rest in-between rounds.

Neuq lets it all hang out in Round 11, landing some nice shots and obviously trying to get the knockout, which he needs to win. However, in throwing all those punches he left himself wide open and got leveled again, going down for an 8 count before getting up and finishing the round.

Hunter is not satisfied with a decision victory and tries his hardest to knock Neuq out in the 12th and final round, but Neuq shows some heart and stays on his feet for the 3 minutes and lasts all 12 rounds. The judges decision is all academic at this point:

John Rupert scores the fight 117-111.
Victor Cervantes scores it 116-110.
Brian Garry scores it 118-109.

The winner, by unanimous decision, Jace Hunter!

Old 03-06-2004, 12:20 AM   #250
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

There is a neat little side feature to this game which lets me bet on any fight I want. Thanks for taking a beating and winning me 15 grand Neuq Amrev.