Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2005, 03:11 PM   #201
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

why are so many people afraid of difference? God's not going to condem you for keeping an open mind about your fellow humans.
sportsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #202
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Wow This thread is growing almost as fast as Flasch's alphabet thread.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #203
G-Man
High School JV

Exclamation We are all creatures of worship. What you chose to worship will define your life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Man, you really ought to read Exodus.

If you buy one, he has to serve six years.

I have, and can you not see that God is allowing for the freedom of slaves? He is not saying to make a man a slave. he is laying down the law of how to treat them. This is the same for forgiving a man his debt in the seventh year.

You can try and distort the Word all you like. Many people have, to justify their lack of faith or their sinful ways. God knows all. He knew their would be slavery and He set down rules to govern it. Had He not given man freedom of choice than I am sure there would be no slavery or any sin. However He wants us to come to Him of our own accord, as we do want of our own children (at least most of us).

You seek to use that which you do not understand to justify your human (selfish) ways. Sometimes we all do this because we are human. Read the Word for what it is, a guide on how to live, love and find joy in this short blink of an eye we call life.

I do not pretend to understand God's Word. I am trying little by little to study it and let Him work into my heart to change me into the man He wants me to be. It is a challenging, day by day, work in progress.

Sometimes I get frustrated with some of the arguments against God. I have to remember that it is not for me to judge or to change any person. Your faith has to come from within, your relationship with the Lord is between you and Him, no person can make you believe. I will challenge you to read "The Case for Christ", written by Lee Strobel. Than tell me that Jesus is not the Messiah. The book by itself will not make you a believer but it may give you pause to question your lack of faith....
Old 01-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #204
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

I was born and raised catholic and I will always believe in God. But the way I like to look at it is, I have my own, beautiful connection with God and I don't need to condem all that do not follow him. I just don't understand why it's such a big deal to tolerate a person that does not choose to believe in the same things Christians do. Because I am friends with people who choose to be homosexual, am I also condemed?? If we all believed the same things, do you know how boring this world would be?? If God wanted us all to believe the exact same things, why would he have made all of us so diverse? I just don't get it.....poor SpongeBob.

God will not condem me for having an open mind.

Last edited by sportsfan13 : 01-21-2005 at 03:29 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 01-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #205
G-Man
High School JV

Talking An open mind is ok as long as it is not open to sin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan13
why are so many people afraid of difference? God's not going to condem you for keeping an open mind about your fellow humans.

An open mind is fine. Yes love the sinners, but we cannot tolerate the sin. Do you understand that God will not abide sin. So if we accept sin into our lives than we must live apart from Him. We actually die, spiritually. So you get to live your 60-100 years and then it's some form of anguish/pain that I certainly would not want to live in for eternity.

My choice is not to give into society, as it approves of sins that our Fathers never tolerated (are we more enlightened?). I would rather stand for something besides myself....can you understand that? God's ways are not man's. He is perfect and we are spotted. However He loving us so dearly sacraficed His Son to clean up our mess and allow us to live for eternity with Him! Awesome huh!

Differences are great. God created us all to be unique. However, allowing for sin is a "difference" that kills!

I chose life over death. I pray that you all will do the same
Old 01-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #206
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
As a matter of fact it was Evangelical Christians who first put a stop to African slaves being shipped to America.

Yes, contrary to the bible. They were intelligent men who understood that it was entirely likely that something was written as a treatise of the times, not as a literal how to book. Unless of course, by your defintion, they were bad Christians for not following the book to the letter.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #207
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
An open mind is fine. Yes love the sinners, but we cannot tolerate the sin. Do you understand that God will not abide sin. So if we accept sin into our lives than we must live apart from Him. We actually die, spiritually. So you get to live your 60-100 years and then it's some form of anguish/pain that I certainly would not want to live in for eternity.

My choice is not to give into society, as it approves of sins that our Fathers never tolerated (are we more enlightened?). I would rather stand for something besides myself....can you understand that? God's ways are not man's. He is perfect and we are spotted. However He loving us so dearly sacraficed His Son to clean up our mess and allow us to live for eternity with Him! Awesome huh!

Differences are great. God created us all to be unique. However, allowing for sin is a "difference" that kills!

I chose life over death. I pray that you all will do the same

Have you ever sinned?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #208
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
An open mind is fine. Yes love the sinners, but we cannot tolerate the sin.

Sooo, you're saying that you can love a gay man, but not actually consent to having gay sex???
Old 01-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #209
Loren
High School JV

Quote:

I dont get that HOw can YOU love the sinner, if you love someone you accept them into your life, so how do you do that without tolerating their so called "sin"..is it just me, or does that somehow not make sense..I mean if you have people in your life who "sin", what course of action do you take exactly?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #210
G-Man
High School JV

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God!

Quote:
Have you ever sinned?

I thought I made that clear that I have sinned and most likely will continue to because I am not perfect. However I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. So my place in Heaven is assured. Now you probably will say "gee now he can sin all he wants". Wrong! To truly accept Jesus you must live as He taught (teaches). Yes I still sin, but now I am convicted, sin actually hurts me (Holy Spirit in me).

I have often wondered if you can say you are a believer of Jesus but not live for Him if you are truly saved? I guess I'll find out when I get to Heaven...
Old 01-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #211
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
I dont get that HOw can YOU love the sinner, if you love someone you accept them into your life, so how do you do that without tolerating their so called "sin"..is it just me, or does that somehow not make sense..I mean if you have people in your life who "sin", what course of action do you take exactly?

I agree. From what I have learned about religion over the years, you are supposed to "forgive those who trespass against us". So if someone has sinned, are we not supposed to forgive them?? Are we supposed to condem them?? I like the forgiveness route...
Old 01-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #212
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
I thought I made that clear that I have sinned and most likely will continue to because I am not perfect. However I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. So my place in Heaven is assured. Now you probably will say "gee now he can sin all he wants". Wrong! To truly accept Jesus you must live as He taught (teaches). Yes I still sin, but now I am convicted, sin actually hurts me (Holy Spirit in me).

I have often wondered if you can say you are a believer of Jesus but not live for Him if you are truly saved? I guess I'll find out when I get to Heaven...

Just a question--if I were to live a sinful life... have all the crazy fun I could until I hit 65 or so (or whenever the fun body parts stop functioning) and became born again at that point, would I still go to heaven? Or would God see through my evil plan?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #213
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I thought I made that clear that I have sinned and most likely will continue to because I am not perfect...

I actually agree with your characterization of the spirit of man, and the whole salvation through faith by grace bit. I think you sum those beliefs up very well.

I don't however share your stance on tolerance. I don't believe that teaching a child or anyone that there is nothing inherently wrong with a gay person is teaching them that there is nothing wrong with that person's actions. You say Hate the sin love the sinner, but it seems to me that you are letting your hatred for the sin bleed over into your perception of the sinner. You mentioned your own failability earlier, well I agree. You sin and I sin. There is no use asserting otherwise. The deal is that you don't hold my sin against me, or the sin of other believers against them, and we other believers extend the same courtesy to you. What makes the sin of homosexuality any different from our own sins that we shouldn't allow for the tolerance of homosexuals?

I'm of the opnion that if Jesus were here today, he'd befriend gay people. Treat them as friends and equals, just like we believe he did with the Samaritan woman and others. Jesus didn't hold an individual's sin against them, and neither should believers today.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #214
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

dola,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware
Just a question--if I were to live a sinful life... have all the crazy fun I could until I hit 65 or so (or whenever the fun body parts stop functioning) and became born again at that point, would I still go to heaven? Or would God see through my evil plan?
Nope you have hit upon a loophole. Just make sure you don't die quickly or you might not get that "hail mary" come to jesus prayer in on time.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 01-21-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #215
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
However I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. So my place in Heaven is assured.
I have often wondered if you can say you are a believer of Jesus but not live for Him if you are truly saved?

Ah, yes the Born Again Creed: Say the magic words and go to Heaven

It amazes me that anyone thinks they deserve to be in Heaven. As if what God has given them here is not enough. It's not enough that the "Kingdom of God is here", it's not enough being Spirit filled, and it's not enough already being the undeserving recipient of grace. Oh no, it's all about getting into Heaven, deservedly so.

If one is saying the words to get into Heaven then they might as well say the pledge of allegiance. By saying the words one is suppose to be transformed (you say born again). You can say you are a believer, you can say you said the prayer based on the multi colored glove, but if there's no transformation of the self (recognition of being Spirit filled) then all the posturing is just that. If I see God, the first thing I have to do is explain how I "wasted the dawn."
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:39 PM   #216
G-Man
High School JV

God knows your heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
dola,
Nope you have hit upon a loophole. Just make sure you don't die quickly or you might not get that "hail mary" come to jesus prayer in on time.

Depends if you truly accept Christ. You cannot lie to God. Seems simple doesn't it? Try living the life....
Old 01-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #217
G-Man
High School JV

Exclamation It is not personal just SIN!

Quote:
I actually agree with your characterization of the spirit of man, and the whole salvation through faith by grace bit. I think you sum those beliefs up very well.

I don't however share your stance on tolerance. I don't believe that teaching a child or anyone that there is nothing inherently wrong with a gay person is teaching them that there is nothing wrong with that person's actions. You say Hate the sin love the sinner, but it seems to me that you are letting your hatred for the sin bleed over into your perception of the sinner. You mentioned your own failability earlier, well I agree. You sin and I sin. There is no use asserting otherwise. The deal is that you don't hold my sin against me, or the sin of other believers against them, and we other believers extend the same courtesy to you. What makes the sin of homosexuality any different from our own sins that we shouldn't allow for the tolerance of homosexuals?

I'm of the opnion that if Jesus were here today, he'd befriend gay people. Treat them as friends and equals, just like we believe he did with the Samaritan woman and others. Jesus didn't hold an individual's sin against them, and neither should believers today.

I agree with you for the most part and I apologize if you thought that I was judging the sinner and treating him/her poorly becuase of it. What I am saying is that Jesus would have zero tolerance for the sin! As all Christians must. We can and must love the sinner and still not tolerate the sin. Do you not see how society is trying to rationalize homosexuals as an alternative lifestyle, saying that it is ok to be gay? I do not believe that Jesus would support this, do you?

What bothers me is that plenty of "Christians" and churches are accepting this tolerance, for fear of offending others! Christ never ever was concerned with offending others, especially where sin was concerned.

Let me ask you this: There is a church near where I live that has a gay pastor. Would you attend that church? How can a pastor be gay and teach others about sin? Yes we all sin but is this not willfull sin, committed by a leader. Did God not say that to lead others into sin is even worse than committing a sin?

Let me define zero tolerance as it applies in this discussion (SpongeBob): We as believers and followers of Jesus Christ must not support any sin as it relates to our daily living. If we say nothing to oppose sin are we not affirming that said sin is ok? Can you imagine what would happen if every person that says they are a Christian came out and made a stand against this SpongBob issue? How about the Gay is ok issue? Sadly I believe that only a miniscule % of people that profess to be Christians would actually do this, would actually put God first in their lives, though I pray I am wrong....

Oh and for yours and others information, I have a brother that is gay and I love him dearly. My wife has a sister that is gay and she loves her no different than her Christian sister. It is not about the person it is about the SIN....ZERO TOLERANCE!!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #218
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

ding ding ding!
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #219
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I swear this is one of the strangest threads I have ever read. I can't believe this thread is this long about a cartoon character mixed in with a long religious debate.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #220
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
From CNN.com:
Code:
SpongeBob SquarePants is: Promoting the acceptance of homosexuality 10% 18234 votes Promoting tolerance and diversity 17% 29639 votes Absorbent, yellow and porous 73% 126241 votes Total: 174114 votes

'nuff said
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #221
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

BTW, just heard the story on WJR from the guy working for Dobson that brought all this to light. It is NOT the video that is the objection, but there is to be a manual sent along to the schools WITH the video that no one has seen yet. But based on the group's website that is doing the sending, the group WE ARE FAMILY FOUNDATION apparantly skews pro-gay with terms like 'compulsory heterosexual." Point is grade school kids do not need to be exposed to this stuff, but again no one has seen the manual as yet.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #222
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
BTW, just heard the story on WJR from the guy working for Dobson that brought all this to light. It is NOT the video that is the objection, but there is to be a manual sent along to the schools WITH the video that no one has seen yet. But based on the group's website that is doing the sending, the group WE ARE FAMILY FOUNDATION apparantly skews pro-gay with terms like 'compulsory heterosexual." Point is grade school kids do not need to be exposed to this stuff, but again no one has seen the manual as yet.

Great it's a manual...toss it in the trash...and teach the kids....
Old 01-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #223
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I guess my point was that tolerance, from the SpongeBob point of view, is essentially proclaiming that there is nothing wrong with gay people.

You are saying that tolerance is teaching that there is nothing wrong with what gay people do.

I guess I fall more in line with SpongeBob than you.

My other point was that there is no difference between the sin of homosexuality and your sin or my sin. It all separates us from God equally. I don't see any difference in my tolerating your sinful nature and my tolerating the sinful nature of a Gay person. If it is okay for us to tolerate the sins of our fellow believers, why on earth should we not tolerate the sins of gays?
Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #224
Klinglerware
College Starter

Wow. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised to see this thread morph into a religious debate.

In any case, my original question had to do with whether the groups that the We Are Family Foundation were encouraging tolerance for were really any different from what is standard in most public and private sector anti-discrimination policies. In other words, what is so earth-shattering about being tolerant of homosexuals when most government and private-sector organizations already have explicit policies against discrimination against homosexuals?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #225
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
I guess my point was that tolerance, from the SpongeBob point of view, is essentially proclaiming that there is nothing wrong with gay people.

You are saying that tolerance is teaching that there is nothing wrong with what gay people do.

I guess I fall more in line with SpongeBob than you.

My other point was that there is no difference between the sin of homosexuality and your sin or my sin. It all separates us from God equally. I don't see any difference in my tolerating your sinful nature and my tolerating the sinful nature of a Gay person. If it is okay for us to tolerate the sins of our fellow believers, why on earth should we not tolerate the sins of gays?

If you advocated a life-style of wife-swapping, drinking and smoking and then wanted access to the public school rooms to talk about your 'preferences' and why you should not be judged for wanting to do them, then you would be resisted just as much. That is the analogy to what you state.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #226
Yossarian
High School Varsity

This whole thread just terrifies me.

I thought the western world was past this - and I know it largely is and I'm so glad that not everyone feels this way. Man, I'm really really saddened.

Next you'll be banning certain hair cuts....
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:45 PM   #227
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware
Wow. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised to see this thread morph into a religious debate.

In any case, my original question had to do with whether the groups that the We Are Family Foundation were encouraging tolerance for were really any different from what is standard in most public and private sector anti-discrimination policies. In other words, what is so earth-shattering about being tolerant of homosexuals when most government and private-sector organizations already have explicit policies against discrimination against homosexuals?

Can't say it any clearer. Quit using the classrooms as 'social engineering' indoctrination centers for serving the purposes of the state while overriding the wishes, desire and beliefs of those with a faith-based religious foundation. Its really pretty simple. Just teach.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #228
Yossarian
High School Varsity

btw, tolerance isn't all about accepting others' points of view or living styles. its LETTING THEM live in that style - its something that seems to be missed by folk.

If you are tolerant of the gay couple next door you're not saying "i love your gay lifestyle" you're saying "i'm not a complete fuckhead and i'm going to let you do what you want because i recognise your right to disagree with me like i have the right to disagree with you"
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #229
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I may be wrong but don't sponges reproduce asexually?

If thats true than how could good ol Spongebob be gay?

EDIT:
Upon 5 minutes of exhaustive research, I've found that sponges can reproduce sexually or asexually.
One sponge can be both male and female. So does that make "him" automatically bisexual?

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 01-21-2005 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Facts
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #230
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
I may be wrong but don't sponges reproduce asexually?

If thats true than how could good ol Spongebob be gay?

Hey, maybe Spongebob is really...the return of Jesus.

Last edited by SunDancer : 01-21-2005 at 06:22 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #231
hhiipp
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Hey, maybe Spongebob is really...the return of Jesus.

Spongebob is more popular than Jesus.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:40 PM   #232
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp
Spongebob is more popular than Jesus.
I dunno. There are a lot more people named Jesus (Hey Zeus), especially down south, than SpongeBob.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:49 PM   #233
Dutch
"Dutch"

Spongebob is evil? You gotta love those wacky activists!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #234
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm just curious to how many people have actually watched SpongeBob?? I personally love that show. Anyone else going to 'fess up to watching it?

Thanks to the seven year old, I have been watching SpongeBob for quite some time.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:40 PM   #235
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman
Ah, yes the Born Again Creed: Say the magic words and go to Heaven

It amazes me that anyone thinks they deserve to be in Heaven. As if what God has given them here is not enough. It's not enough that the "Kingdom of God is here", it's not enough being Spirit filled, and it's not enough already being the undeserving recipient of grace. Oh no, it's all about getting into Heaven, deservedly so.

If one is saying the words to get into Heaven then they might as well say the pledge of allegiance. By saying the words one is suppose to be transformed (you say born again). You can say you are a believer, you can say you said the prayer based on the multi colored glove, but if there's no transformation of the self (recognition of being Spirit filled) then all the posturing is just that. If I see God, the first thing I have to do is explain how I "wasted the dawn."
Nice work, but a bit judgemental, bro. One begins a journey with a first step and this could be as valid as any other first steps. God's fourth question to any one of us could be, "Why have you become so critical of others?" But you and I know what His first question will be, "Did you abide by my greatest commandment?" Our answer will truthfully be "No" but He will then reply, "My Grace is sufficient for you."

Last edited by Buccaneer : 01-21-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #236
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

I love the newspaper headlines this story produced:

SpongeBob's Recruitment Drive?

Will Spongebob make you gay?

Christian right against 'pro-gay' sea sponge

Yellow and Porous and Outed

Group puts squeeze on SpongeBob as gay icon

SpongeBob makes group Krabby

Gay warning on SpongeBob

Conservatives Pick Soft Target: A Cartoon Sponge

SpongeBob next Gay Cartoon Demon for Dobson and America's Born-Again Army

SpongeBob SquarePants Attacked as Homosexual Icon

Spongebob a Gay Conspiracy?

Religious Right Attacks Cartoon Sponge
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:33 PM   #237
miked
College Starter

Those all sound like Onion articles. Whodda thunk it.
miked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #238
Dutch
"Dutch"

It almost makes you wonder why we don't see such headlines as "Liberal Left against "pro-democracy" efforts in Iraq?" or "American Leftists support Saddam Hussein."

Those wacky journalists!

Last edited by Dutch : 01-21-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:38 PM   #239
chinaski
College Prospect

Dr. James Dobson is the leader of one of the christian groups attacking this video and the producers of it, and i just now watched him on Hannity and Colmes tell the world that not only is this video devised to make our children accept homosexuality, but they will also be REQUIRED to sign a unity pledge after watching the video.. the pledge can be found here.. hxxp://www.wearefamilyfoundation.org/tolerance_pledge.asp What a friggin liar and on 2 counts even.. 1) this video makes no mention of a gay lifestyle and 2) there is NO pledge form distrubuted with the video - what a disgusting p.o.s
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #240
-Mojo Jojo-
High School Varsity

Quote:
You can try and distort the Word all you like. Many people have, to justify their lack of faith or their sinful ways. God knows all. He knew their would be slavery and He set down rules to govern it. Had He not given man freedom of choice than I am sure there would be no slavery or any sin.

Err, yeah, he made rules like "when your heathen slaves make heathen babies, those are your property too." Way to fight the power there, god!
-Mojo Jojo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #241
KWhit
Coordinator

Holy shit. That was depressing.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:03 PM   #242
Loren
High School JV

Quote:
Oh and for yours and others information, I have a brother that is gay and I love him dearly. My wife has a sister that is gay and she loves her no different than her Christian sister. It is not about the person it is about the SIN....ZERO TOLERANCE!!

umm yeahh, I still dont see how what you say makes any logical sense at ALLL..all your talk on accepting the sinner but not the sin, and your ZERO TOLERANCE preaching, to me you cant truly live by those rules and still ou say y"love" your gay brother/sister. What the heck do you do with them, preach to them about how their lives are nothing but a big ball of sin?? and how they're gonna burn in hell for it?? it sounds really hypocritical....to me, if you're going to have and live by a ZERO TOLERANCE sort of code over someone's sin because you think it's soo horrid and soo against the word of God, in my mind that would mean things like not even having any form of relationship with said person..it's like and this is one of the only things I can think of at this point that I personally would have ZERO TOLERANCE for, if I knew someone was/or ever was a child molestor, and this is a huge sin in MY opinion..then I'm not having any form of relationship with that person, im not inviting them into my home and Im certainly never saying that, gosh darn it I soo dislike what you do and I'm going to continue thinking and talking about how wrong the things you've done are but hey i love you man..family member or NOT..soo yeahh, I dont think you make sense
Old 01-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #243
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

wow, super-christians bashing spongebob and promoting hate? noooooo, never woulda thunk it here.

and the only verse that should be quoted is Austin 3:16
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #244
timmynausea
College Starter

Allow me to ease the tension with a bible fun fact:

The best rule in the bible: "No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the LORD." Deut. 23:1

Talk about a kick in the sack. Pun intended.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #245
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

oh, and why all the hubbub over Spongebob when The Ambiguously Gay Duo threaten the lifeforce of this country on a weekly basis?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #246
Loren
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
wow, super-christians bashing spongebob and promoting hate? noooooo, never woulda thunk it here.

and the only verse that should be quoted is Austin 3:16

Austin 3:16?? "I just whooped your ass"?? are you serious or did you mean John 3:16??
Old 01-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #247
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Austin 3:16?? "I just whooped your ass"?? are you serious or did you mean John 3:16??

Oh I meant Austin 3:16, I'm not a fan of the bible thumpers on this board.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:22 PM   #248
Loren
High School JV

Quote:
damn, Im kinda sad that I even knew what Austin 3:16 wasssss...
I dont even have a bible to thump, our dog actually ate it, think he'll burn in hell
Old 01-21-2005, 10:22 PM   #249
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:34 PM   #250
G-Man
High School JV

Exclamation Read Romans 1:18-32!

Quote:
umm yeahh, I still dont see how what you say makes any logical sense at ALLL..all your talk on accepting the sinner but not the sin, and your ZERO TOLERANCE preaching, to me you cant truly live by those rules and still ou say y"love" your gay brother/sister. What the heck do you do with them, preach to them about how their lives are nothing but a big ball of sin?? and how they're gonna burn in hell for it?? it sounds really hypocritical....to me, if you're going to have and live by a ZERO TOLERANCE sort of code over someone's sin because you think it's soo horrid and soo against the word of God, in my mind that would mean things like not even having any form of relationship with said person..it's like and this is one of the only things I can think of at this point that I personally would have ZERO TOLERANCE for, if I knew someone was/or ever was a child molestor, and this is a huge sin in MY opinion..then I'm not having any form of relationship with that person, im not inviting them into my home and Im certainly never saying that, gosh darn it I soo dislike what you do and I'm going to continue thinking and talking about how wrong the things you've done are but hey i love you man..family member or NOT..soo yeahh, I dont think you make sense

Sigh....you really do not understand at all. You are judging me without even understanding my intent. First of all understand this: Zero Tolerance is for allowing sin to be accepted as ok, get it?! Not that I condemn anyone that sins. I never said that, you did or you inferred that because I have zero tolerance for teaching that sin is ok at the grade school level or at any level for that matter. Secondly believe it or not all sin is the same as seen by God. There is no huge sin vs. a little sin. I know this is hard to understand, I barely do but it is the truth.

So before you "flame" me please understand that I am not condemning the sinner. I also know that we all sin. What I am condemning, what i have zero tolerance for is that many people in our society are saying/teaching that it acceptable to sin because we say so! I will never accept that being gay is an alternative lifestyle and not a sin. I will never accept that this should be taught to our young. However I in know way am in a position to judge any of those who do believe that sin is ok, only God can do that. But I can stand for Him and against sin. And if you do not agree with that or if you think that makes me a bad meanie, then that is your perrogative but it does not change what sin is and how you are being deceived into thinking that some sins are ok....