Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #201
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Well, I'm assuming for now that this is just laying the framework and that the game picks up quite a bit when you're on a human controlled team/build a bit of a community with your other players/coach/etc. Not sure how it'll work next season when/if there is a FOFC team (really hoping there is), but that'll be the make or break point for me. This season I'm just trying to get a decent cash flow going so I can pump up the training.

Frankly, I've not really seen anything in the community there that I'd really want to have much to do with. I've got enough obnoxious jerks & 12 year old halfwits in my life, no need to add more.

I'm starting to think that the only way this might be interesting long term is as a owner/coach, and I'm not really picturing myself getting $10/season (or whatever it is) worth of fun out of that either. Right now I'm still able to manage to do some fire-and-forget stuff -- basically remembering to train something every day & I'm curious enough to see how my team & player did -- but I'm just not feeling it very much at this point.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #202
Travis
Pro Rookie

The Brampton Greeks push their record to 6-2 since the aquisition of PG Jace Hunter (despite losing their first game after said pickup). Unfortunately their 5-16 record prior to his arrival means a top 10 finish in the division is unlikely at best.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #203
mckerney
Coordinator

Center Steve Remington had his first double-double with a 11 point, 15 assist, 4 rebound performance in 39:45.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #204
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Center Steve Remington had his first double-double with a 11 point, 15 assist, 4 rebound performance in 39:45.
There's something really wrong with a center getting 15 assists, I don't care what offense you're running.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #205
hawk4669
High School JV

Not super impressed by this game so far, kind of echoing what you've all said.

On an up note, I've worked on my stamina quite a bit...and the last two games I've played all 48 minutes in both....with a computer coach and other human SG's on my team rated higher than me.

Go figure.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:25 AM   #206
Icy
Pro Starter

I had my first full game and had good stats:

48 minutes played, 13 points, 13 rebounds, 1 steal and 2 blocks.

About the game i must agree that is a bit limited. I'm enjoying it as i only need to loging once per day to setup the training and watch results but I think that a game like this has a huge potential if well done. In fact it's one of the main reasons of me thinking on developing my own online game, as I think i can do it better than this.

I'm going to be a dad in 2 weeks or so (and hopefully it all will be fine this time), so i'll be bussy for a while, but once I get used to it and can get my schedule organized again, for sure i'll start to develp my idea.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:24 AM   #207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
so i'll be bussy for a while, but once I get used to it and can get my schedule organized again, for sure i'll start to develp my idea.

So basically ... in about 21 years or so
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 AM   #208
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I'm going to be a dad in 2 weeks or so (and hopefully it all will be fine this time), so i'll be bussy for a while, but once I get used to it and can get my schedule organized again, for sure i'll start to develp my idea.
Congrats. And Jon is right, you'll be forever busy, so just carve out an hour or so at work.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #209
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So basically ... in about 21 years or so

Hehe it can be worse here in Spain, as the average age for "kids" to leave parents home is 33 years old (the oldest in Europe by a huge difference).

Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #210
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Down 18-14 after one quarter, the resurgent Jidd Hafs Orcs rallied to beat the al-Hjdd Agvillas 114-45 in Bahrain League 2 action. The Orcs (14-16) outscored the Agvillas (15-15) 62-12 in the second half, holding them under double-digits in each of the last two quarters.

Rock Acewell finished with 27 points & 17 rebounds while playing all 48 minutes. Since joining the team, they've gone 6-2 after an 8-14 start.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #211
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Rock Acewell finished with 27 points & 17 rebounds while playing all 48 minutes.

Did that performance get you a MoM award?

I have led my team in 3/5 categories and still not got the award.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #212
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Very delayed dola...

I may be alone still with this game, but I finally hit a 19 value and $1 million in the bank.

Yes, it's a pretty lame game at this point, but I only spend 5 minutes a day so I'll stay in for now (5 minutes consists of setting training, reading the betting thread and placing a bet).
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #213
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Very delayed dola...

I may be alone still with this game, but I finally hit a 19 value and $1 million in the bank.

Yes, it's a pretty lame game at this point, but I only spend 5 minutes a day so I'll stay in for now (5 minutes consists of setting training, reading the betting thread and placing a bet).

im still goin, i think im at 18.7 but my money is low, i bet, and then use it all to train, then do it over again.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #214
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm at 18.62 with 400k in the bank.

I messed up with that early betting, but once I got on a roll I'm doing very well. I'm still definitely interested in an FOFC team when Season 4 rolls around. Good thing about that it is it will weed out those that lose interest in the game also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 AM   #215
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm at 19.8 but with only $5k in the bank. I started to bet recently again but after loosing it all a few times, i decided to play safe and bid only on the easy wins, that means low income growth (x1.3) but secure.

I'm enjoying the game as it takes me 10 minutes per day to login, setup training, check stats and join a 1on1 if i have a free day. I have 1k cyberpoints stored to buy a team for the next season and i'll try to get some FOFCers in the team, so before renewing your contracts, pm me with your ratings etc to see if i can make room for you in the team and sign you as free agents.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #216
thealmighty
Pro Starter

The thing about money and betting is that the max bet for any single day is $35k so now that I have lots of money I just bet on one game that I'm very positive about for the whole $35k. If I win I hit a $100k+ gain. If I lose (and I have only lost twice so far) it's just a drop in the proverbial bucket.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #217
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm still with the game. I got bought or sold or something...all of a sudden I'm on a different team. But I'm getting more PT now and putting up some solid numbers.

It's not the most thrilling game in the world, but it fits into the very limited free time that I have right now.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #218
rjolley
College Starter

I'm still playing, but I haven't done a bet in about a week, and my team signed 2 PFs and I'm now the lowest rated one at 18.3.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #219
sabotai
General Manager

Still playing, but some days I forget to login so I'm only at 18.15.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #220
hawk4669
High School JV

I'm still with it. I like the fact that this game is pretty passive and I don't have to do much more than log in once a day and check on things.

My SG is second rated on my team with an 18.31 rating. Getting massive playing time however and starting to see my point output increase. Last game, I scored a career high 25 points.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #221
heybrad
Norm!!!

Val Cano is still playing. He's apparently the Magic Johnson of the Bosnia & Herzegovinia league as he's dropped 11 and 15 assists in his past 2 games (while playing PF).
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #222
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I was named player of the game in my teams first win since I joined them

23 points 13 rbs and 5 assists for Shaq Wannabeme

I need some help on betting. How are you guy picking who to bet on?

Also there may be a bug, last 2 times I have chose a multi day training regimen it has been completed in 1 day.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #223
wade moore
lolzcat

For betting - go to the forums and read the "Jeff the Booky" thread... the goons on there do the work for you.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #224
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i concur with wade.. i'm almost over 1.5 mill now in cash just by following that thread
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 AM   #225
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice, my team sold the PF that was above me, so i should get all the play time now.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #226
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Still playing at 19 value and about 800k in the bank. It's not a bad game for the time required. If it took hours a day to do it, I'd be gone though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #227
Travis
Pro Rookie

Just got a contract offer from the Dallas Dragons in the USA Silver League to be their backup PG. I like that the guy was up front, sent me an accompanying message outlining what my role on the team would be (would only get to play when their starter is fouled out or unable to play due to fatigue) as well as the perks the team offers (active team forum, player build tools, scouting reports, rotation reports). Makes it a bit easier to walk away from the $50,000 signing bonus with how the betting system works, but I'd much rather participate on the FOFC team.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #228
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow, my guy went crazy today..

Man of the Match with 36 points (11/17 FG's, 4/5 3 Pt, 2/2 FT), 3 Assists, and 1 Rebound.

Looking at the calendar - does it look like the season is about to wind down and they'll we'll be moving to a new season soon? Icy - is it time to start looking at what team to buy?

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #229
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Up to 20 value. Closing in on $2 million in the bank if I don't lose bets.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #230
thealmighty
Pro Starter

dola...

Been doing the +5 training to get as many skills to 25 before I have to go to the next level of training costs and times, if that makes sense.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #231
Travis
Pro Rookie

Just bought my first (maxed out) piece of under clothing to go along with my earlier purchases of shoes and accessory. Now to start towards the 2.8 worth of coin to buy maxed out gear in those two categories before the more expensive training starts to really kick in. It is quite nice to see that extra +15 to 3 point shooting as a result of all the gear though.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #232
Travis
Pro Rookie

Dola, just checked out the game for today and won my second straight MOM award. Got it yesterday for pulling down 20 boards, today it was a result of 28 points and 18 rebounds. Good couple of days for upping the rebounding average that's for sure.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #233
JeeberD
General Manager

Man, I guess I really need to start betting if I want to get ahead in the game. I'm slowly but surely getting better, but it appears the $60 training sessions aren't going to cut it...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #234
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'm at 19.8 or so, getting better , but still need to improve stamina ( currently at 25)
Old 11-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #235
Icy
Pro Starter

I have started to look for a team to buy, i'll post later what i found. I guess you guys would prefer an USA team right?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #236
Icy
Pro Starter

Ooops, double post.

Last edited by Icy : 11-13-2007 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:54 AM   #237
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I really could care less where the team is

I just want some damn consistant play time
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #238
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
I really could care less where the team is

I just want some damn consistant play time
+1
Old 11-13-2007, 06:27 AM   #239
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Doesn't particularly matter to me.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:30 AM   #240
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah, the way this game is setup I could care less where it is located. I'd rather us have a solid team, in what appears to be a good division, but where we can stay competitive.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #241
rjolley
College Starter

Up to 19.8 now. I've gotten MOM 3 starts in a row. Problem is there's a PF rated 21 above me, so I'm starting every other game right now.

I've won more bets than I've lost, but, for the most part, I wish I had this kind of luck in real life.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #242
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm not rated quite as highly as you guys because I missed a few training sessions because of the stuff with my dad, but I am at almost $1mil and have quite a bit of good equipment.

I'm currently a 19.38 PG.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #243
Travis
Pro Rookie

What's the plan for playing time/rotation/roster selection? I'm not terribly familiar with basketball (compared to hockey/football/baseball) so when it comes to the tactical side of things I'm probably a bit behind. I've tried to make my PG an effective passer, concentrated 3 point shooter and good at steals (though for some reason he seems to be owning the boards right now, so that might tell you just how well my ideas are being executed, d'oh). Not sure if that'll fit with what Icy is looking for, but I'm definitely willing to start training towards a different build if it'll fit in better.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #244
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Next start.
Next MOM
26points
18boards
9 assists

My team has 2 wins in a month, my last two starts.

I need help understanding the bet thread.....then I will be on
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #245
wade moore
lolzcat

This is so weird.. I won man of the match again with 30 points.. what's weird is that the only thing that has changed in the last two games is we picked up two stud SG's (best ratings on the team).. so somehow adding them and now I just blow up.

30 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds in 39 minutes of play.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #246
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And I'm going in the opposite direction of wade moore.

Last five games:
(today) 48 mins, 1 point, 0/10 from the floor
43 mins, 23 pts, 10/22 from the floor
48 mins, 7 pts, 3/9 from the floor
40 mins, 19 pts, 8/15 from the floor
30 mins, 1 pt, 0/9 from the floor
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #247
wade moore
lolzcat

wow.. that's not good... did anything change in your team makeup?

I was thinking with me it may be a recent boost in Confidence, because I'm taking a crap-ton of shots when I used to hardly shoot the ball.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #248
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
wow.. that's not good... did anything change in your team makeup?

I think we added a fourth (human player) big man, but you'd think that would make things easier for me from outside, not harder. Only thing I can figure is that it's moved me from SG to PG (although I think I've been mostly at the point for a while now anyway).
Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #249
Icy
Pro Starter

k, i have been researching their forums and i saw that i can buy a team for 70 real life days, that is a full season, so i'll wait until the season is over to buy a team, that way it will last until the end of th next season and then i'll decide if it's worth it to buy another season for $10.

About the lineups, tactics etc. i'm going to be the one who owns the team as i have the cyberpoints from all the refered players in this thread, but i want to run it in a democratic way. Everybody will have a say on the team tactics and lineups, so that way none could say that player X gets more play time etc. Of course we won't be able to buy the 30+ players that posted in this thread, as i think a team can have only 15 players max. In fact i think the perfect number would be 10 players, to have one backup at every position. Having too much players it would mean that none would get enough play time (and fun). To start with, i'll try to sign the best FOFCers but that are also still really interested on commiting to train their players daily, obey to training and tactics suggestions etc. Anyway more about it once we can own the team, in 3 or 4 days i think.

Last edited by Icy : 11-14-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #250
rjolley
College Starter

I'm ok with not playing on the team right now, but let me know when there's a good line on a bet, will ya?