Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #201
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Ok, it did it again and I am a little peeved. As soon as I simmed month to October, all of my messages since July disappears. I don't even know if I got messages for October before I had a chance to read them (it tells me I have 2 unread but it always says I have at least 2 unread). I am using 1.08.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:27 PM   #202
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Ok, it did it again and I am a little peeved. As soon as I simmed month to October, all of my messages since July disappears. I don't even know if I got messages for October before I had a chance to read them (it tells me I have 2 unread but it always says I have at least 2 unread). I am using 1.08.

If you could send me the league.dat file from your save, I'd like to take a look at it. It obviously shouldn't be possible for the inbox to be empty while the game reports that you have unread messages so something has got to be off.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 PM   #203
Buccaneer
Head Coach

On its way.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:31 PM   #204
sjshaw
lolzcat

A little bug: when printing box scores, the name of the team at the top and their record is not printed.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #205
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Ok, when a load the save I see a list of messages going back to 1970. The constant two new messages are two messages closer to the bottom of the list that you never read. The latest message in your inbox is the recruiting preview from July. The only other message you would have received in between July on the September would be the schedule update message. You stop getting that message once you have filled the schedule. The next message you would likely receive is in October when recruits might decide to enter the draft. As far as I can tell, none of your targets entered the draft so there shouldn't have been any new messages in October either. You will receive at least one message in November for the training update along with any others that come from recruiting. The main messages that the game clears out are the schedule responses and the schedule update. Does this match what you seem to be seeing?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:33 PM   #206
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Yes, thank you for checking.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:36 PM   #207
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Also, to avoid confusion I made it so the game leaves the other messages in your inbox. Right now only the preseason tourney invite message is cleared when it is old and that is because I'd have to add code to prevent the game from allowing you to accept the invite after the tourney was scheduled.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:44 PM   #208
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bailey
Code:
Middle Tennessee State Player Offense Attributes Name Pos Ht Wt Ins Jps 3ps Hnd Pas Reb Qkn Str Jmp -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Homer Myers C 6'11" 282 8 3 0 4 3 3 3 9 4 Tony Singh C 6' 9" 225 9 5 0 2 3 4 3 9 5 Larry Camara SF 6' 8" 233 4 8 8 2 5 3 8 8 6 Orville Rouleau SG 6' 3" 207 4 8 7 5 2 5 10 5 10 Winston Holloway PG 6' 2" 183 4 8 6 6 6 4 10 5 8 Joshua Conte PF 6'10" 251 6 6 3 3 5 8 5 8 5 Amos Dillon SG 6' 3" 212 6 9 3 5 5 2 7 6 10 Branden O'Conner PF 6'11" 242 6 5 0 5 3 8 4 8 5 Raymond Leblan SF 6' 7" 216 5 6 4 4 7 2 7 6 5 Joshua Robinson PG 6' 1" 179 4 5 6 6 6 4 10 4 6 Modya Khabibulin SG 6' 7" 193 5 8 8 6 6 6 9 5 10 Daryl Gray PF 6' 9" 266 5 2 0 3 5 4 4 8 7 Charles Hill SF 6' 7" 220 4 2 5 3 3 8 5 8 6 Noble Ahn C 6'10" 228 4 2 2 6 3 3 2 8 3 Robert Caulfield PG 6' 2" 186 6 4 4 6 3 2 10 4 6

Starters: PG Holloway, SG Khabibulan, SF Camara, PF Singh, C Myers

Right now though, Camara and Khabibulin are hurt so Dillon and Roleau have been inserted in their places. Fire away with suggestions

Update: just played the next game and got beat by Appalachian State 62-40. This sucks and i don't know how many more of these i can sit through ...

I actually see this as a team that might benefit from motion. You have a number of players in your rotation with 5+ passing. Using 0 motion takes away some of that benefit. Your perimeter players are only average at creating their own shots. I would normally expect this to be a little below average 3p shooting team but you can take a look at 3p% to determine whether it would be beneficial for your team to shoot more or less. I like to have a few guys at 7 or better if I am going to use it heavily. I tend to think the team could be successful almost anywhere on the pace scale although if you are using higher motion, I would take the pace down a few notches to avoid tiring your team out too much. As far as key players, I would look at Singh, Khabibulin, and either Holloway or Camara.

One thing you can use to get a better feel for your team is the exhibition game option. Just load your save and then go to exhibition game under the file menu. You can use your team to play against anyone in the league and you can test various strategies to see how they work.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:13 PM   #209
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
1. It would be nice to have substitutions tracked in the P-b-P.

(15 PF Smith comes in at SF for 23 SF Choad)
This is an area where I decided it would be best to try to keep the size of the pbp files down a little. The substitutions aren't really direct so you would just have a list each time of who left the game and who came in. Then you also might want to specify if anyone moved to a different position. Of course, if people really want to see this I can take a look at it.

Quote:
2. It would also be nice to have double-teams indicated in P-b-P.

15 Smith passes to 23 Choad.
23 Choad is double-teamed at the point.
23 Choad throws the ball away.
Quote:
3. Can you only make one request of the AD per calendar year? When is the best time to do this?
You can make each specific request once per year. It doesn't really matter when you make the request.

Quote:
4. When hiring staff, I would like to be able to search by alma mater: maybe guys would be more inclined to work at their old school.
I'll have to think about that. The main issue is making the space workout on the screen. The team names take up quite a bit of space and it is harder to use an abbreviation with the alma mater because it doesn't have to be a school in the game.

Quote:
5. If it is true that your recruiting coordinator's scouting, offense and defense ratings are useless along with your coaching assistant's recruiting and scouting ratings, why even have them? They should be somewhat relevant, IMHO, as they would work with the coaches and help scout.
Like was mentioned elsewhere, they all come into play when the coach becomes a head coach. This system also allow all of the assistants and head coaches to be a part of the same coach pool. While it isn't the most realistic system to have each assistant specialize in a certain area, it does allow the game to be less complicated while not really taking away from the fun factor. If each coach was going be a factor in each area, I would tend to lean towards a system where you would specify which coach was performing which action...for instance when you had an assistant visit, you would decide which assistant would make the visit. For right now this seems like too much micromanagement.

Quote:
6. I would like is being able to "stick" windows where I want; for example, the team roster screen would appear at the same spot it was the last time I closed it. While we're at it, how about being able to open multiple windows and access them all?
The multiple windows option wouldn't work in the current setup of the game. It would pretty much need to be planned from the start. I'd have to look at making the windows stay where you last had them. I'd imagine its possible but I'm not sure how much work it would take.

Quote:
7. Scroll wheel support?
I have a possible solution for this but it would require a full reinstall. The other main issue is that anytime there is a dropdown box, it has control of the scroll wheel unless you click on the scroll bar to highlight it.

Quote:
8. Some kind of "undo" would be very helpful. Two examples: I want to change a schedule offer when I see another team I wanted to play. Also, I have messed with my strategy and depth chart. I'd like to click "recommend" and see what the CPU says, but then I would have to redo all my changes if I disagreed. Since I can't print either of those screens, I'm kind of SOL.
I may be able to add the cancel button to some of those screens. I'll have to look at it.

Quote:
9. Some kind of "aggregate report" of the team's offensive, defensive, physical, class and academic ratings would help dynasty reports immensely. Now, I have to print all four screens and cut-and-paste what I want, and trying to keep columns aligned is a nightmare.
This would probably be possible in some form. The main thing to figure out would be where to add the option to the interface. The roster screen is a little crowded now as I add more things that weren't there in the initial design.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #210
C-Bailey
n00b

Thanks for the advice HR. Up until this point i had my team using anywhere from 4-9 in the motion setting so at least i was in the neighborhood of making a decent coaching decision - good to hear, but, i tried setting my team to 0 motion and a pace of 10 and it's seem to work better for some unknown reason. Here are my last few games :

Code:
01/26/12 at Arkansas-Little Rock L 61-59 12-10 (2-6) 01/28/12 Denver L 70-63 12-11 (2-7) 02/02/12 at UL-Lafayette L 62-61 12-12 (2-8) 02/04/12 New Mexico State W 78-66 13-12 (3-8) 02/09/12 at Western Kentucky L 84-50 13-13 (3-9) 02/14/12 at Florida International L 65-63 13-14 (3-10)

While i've only notched one win at least the games were competitive, with the exception of the Western Kentucky game.

The Florida International and UL-Lafayette games were losses that happened in a strange manner and i'll explain because i think there may be need for small tweak of some sort. Ok, in both games the time remaining is under 30 seconds with my team inbounding the ball with a one point lead. I call a timeout to sub in my best free throw shooters because i'm anticipating them to foul me. I also have "Use Clock" set to "Yes". Now when i end bound the ball, after maybe one pass or so, i get called for "3 seconds in the lane". To top it off - this error was committed by the same freekin player in both games. I couldn't believe it. Of course the CPU goes down the court, scores and wins the game. My question is, if they weren't looking to foul me how could i get called for three seconds when we all know when a team is running out the clock that late in the game none of the players are in the lane - everybody is on the perimeter, i.e., the four corners tactic. Is my thinking on this wrong?
C-Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:31 PM   #211
sjshaw
lolzcat

Thanks, HR! If you added the game summary info to the box score printout, you could fix the 1st line left off bug while you're at it.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:00 AM   #212
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'll make the tweak on the 3 seconds call. You're right that it would be pretty rare to have it called at the end of the game like that when you are milking the clock.

Quote:
If you added the game summary info to the box score printout, you could fix the 1st line left off bug while you're at it

I already added the summary but I'll go back and fix that as well. I think I noticed it once but didn't go back and make the change right away because I was really busy when I noticed it.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:27 AM   #213
sjshaw
lolzcat

You are unreal, HR. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:12 AM   #214
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, I noticed the three-second thing also. Turnovers at the end of a game make me wanna puke. HR, you also may wanna re-check the end of game shooting process. Twice in the last two seasons I've had the ball with plenty of time for a final shot, and my team doesn't even get one off. I'm talking 20&30 seconds. I couldn't believe it. Down by one both times, we don't even get off a freakin' shot.

HR, would be it possible to make it so if a team is behind they'll shoot the ball no matter what with time expiring? I don't know how your game is coded, but if something like this could be added, it'd be fantastic
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #215
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu
Yeah, I noticed the three-second thing also. Turnovers at the end of a game make me wanna puke. HR, you also may wanna re-check the end of game shooting process. Twice in the last two seasons I've had the ball with plenty of time for a final shot, and my team doesn't even get one off. I'm talking 20&30 seconds. I couldn't believe it. Down by one both times, we don't even get off a freakin' shot.

HR, would be it possible to make it so if a team is behind they'll shoot the ball no matter what with time expiring? I don't know how your game is coded, but if something like this could be added, it'd be fantastic

The game actually tries to do this now. If you see it happen, post the end of game pbp so I can take a look at it.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #216
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Yeah I have seen times when a team will be down by 1 or 2 with a few second left. TGhey'll either grab a rebound of inbound the ball, but they pass it and a shot is never taken. It just seems weird that the game would end on a pass rather than a really long shot.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #217
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

That sort of case should be fixed soon. I'm going to add in code to allow shots from beyond midcourt.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #218
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

In my league the coach of Arkansas is named Jesus Dejesus. What a name...
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #219
sjshaw
lolzcat

HR:

Here is another quirk you may want to check:

Code:
1st Half Time Remaining: 6:49 Wofford 17, Furman 21 Furman ball: Defense: Man Jose Collin is at the free throw line. The free throw is no good. Jose Collin tries to tip in the miss...It's good.

Collin must be one athletic dude!
Old 04-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #220
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Smile Actually ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw
HR:

Here is another quirk you may want to check:

Code:
1st Half Time Remaining: 6:49 Wofford 17, Furman 21 Furman ball: Defense: Man Jose Collin is at the free throw line. The free throw is no good. Jose Collin tries to tip in the miss...It's good.

Collin must be one athletic dude!

Actually, this is not impossible. I've seen guys like Michael Jordan and Vince Carter do things like this. Of course, if it was his first of two free throws, that's a problem. However, tipping in your own miss isn't exactly impossible. It isn't typical, however it's certianly been done on occassion.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:44 AM   #221
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey HR, I just took over the College of Charleston and I noticed that they only had one player on scholarship, despite being a team with a prestige of 51. This just seem to be odd.

Code:
College of Charleston Player Academics Name Pos Schol Acad High School --------------------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Carmody C No 74 Hickory High School Desmond Bergquist C No 33 Washington-Wilkes High School Lenny Schick C No 78 Lyons High School Lou Byer PF No 54 Glen Ridge High School Israel Lindholm PF No 25 Newark High School Loyd Kyle PF No 40 Campbell High School Rudy Cedeno SF No 39 Cardozo High School David Fleetwood SF No 53 Andrew Jackson High School Kevin Collins SF No 22 Morgan High School Gavin Short SG No 30 Foreign David Brown SG No 53 Seabreeze Senior High School Graham Witcher SG No 81 Gananda High School Andrew Magnuson PG Yes 88 Lineville High School Broderick Cervantes PG No 46 Van Horn High School Errol Ojeda PG No 45 East Jefferson High School
Old 04-11-2004, 02:27 AM   #222
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Hr.. any chance of getting a report about your previous assistants and where they are? be it retired.. assistant at another school.. a head coach.. etc.. not a big priority.. and nothing more then fluff.. but would be neat to be able to track assistants wins/losses down the road
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:33 AM   #223
Axxon
Pro Starter

Just another small suggestion. Can we get some sort of lock function on the training screen?

I just started trying to have a hand in the training schedule and I started a new game to work with. I started by hitting the recommend button and adjusting from there. I had adjusted about 5 players when I saw that one of my PF's would be a great SF so I had thoughts of switching his position.

Ok, now, if I do that I can't hit the recommend button again or I'll have to go back and change everybody that I've already changed. I could just set his training myself which I don't mind doing but it would be nice to be able to see what the computer suggests and then modify it.

That's how I've been learning the various features of the game. I still have to do this for the defensive sets as I like picking my own but like to see what the computer suggests for motion, pace etc and work from there.

A lock feature which would remove certain players or settings but allowing you to recommend the rest would be pretty nice to have, especially while you're learning the game.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:22 AM   #224
sjshaw
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
Actually, this is not impossible. I've seen guys like Michael Jordan and Vince Carter do things like this. Of course, if it was his first of two free throws, that's a problem. However, tipping in your own miss isn't exactly impossible. It isn't typical, however it's certianly been done on occassion.

It is possible if the ball hangs around the rim for a while, but so rare as to be extraordinary. I've seen it 3 times in my season so far. That's too often, imho.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #225
Buccaneer
Head Coach

How about in the conference standings, adding a column of each team's RPI?
Old 04-11-2004, 12:28 PM   #226
Buccaneer
Head Coach

One more thing, can you stop the flashing scroll bars? Thanks.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:01 PM   #227
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I'm a little confused about something. When you send the Asst Coach out to visit, who actually visits, the Asst Coach or the Recruiter? If that's the case, why have a recruiter? If so, does that mean we have to pay attention to the Asst. Coach's REC rating as well as the OFF and DEF???
Old 04-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #228
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The recruiter goes out for the assistant visits.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:10 AM   #229
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon
Just another small suggestion. Can we get some sort of lock function on the training screen?

I just started trying to have a hand in the training schedule and I started a new game to work with. I started by hitting the recommend button and adjusting from there. I had adjusted about 5 players when I saw that one of my PF's would be a great SF so I had thoughts of switching his position.

Ok, now, if I do that I can't hit the recommend button again or I'll have to go back and change everybody that I've already changed. I could just set his training myself which I don't mind doing but it would be nice to be able to see what the computer suggests and then modify it.

That's how I've been learning the various features of the game. I still have to do this for the defensive sets as I like picking my own but like to see what the computer suggests for motion, pace etc and work from there.

A lock feature which would remove certain players or settings but allowing you to recommend the rest would be pretty nice to have, especially while you're learning the game.

I'm a compulsive saver. If I'm going to mess with settings I always save before I do that. Then I hit recommend to see what the AI thinks. I'll glance&evaluate it, then if I don't like it I'll just reload the game.

Sadly this is my alternative since there's no "cancel" button (yet )
Old 04-12-2004, 09:55 PM   #230
sjshaw
lolzcat

HR:

Another bit of logic you may want to look at:

Code:
2nd Half Time Remaining: 0:05 Georgia Southern 55, Furman 54 Georgia Southern ball: Defense: Man Daniel Hoelscher is at the free throw line. The free throw is no good. Seth Rounds (Furman) gets the rebound. 2nd Half Time Remaining: 0:03 Georgia Southern 55, Furman 54 Furman ball: Defense: Man Seth Rounds brings the ball over the timeline. Final Score - Georgia Southern 55, Furman 54

Furman had 4 timeouts left. I think at least we would have gotten off a desperation shot, and the optimal play is to use a TO and run a set play from halfcourt.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #231
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I already went back and adjusted this. It will be in the next posted build.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:34 AM   #232
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I just uploaded the most recent build. I'm getting close to finalizing the 1.0.8 patch but there are a few more things I want to do. You can get the build here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB108.exe

Here are the changes since the last posted beta build:

CHANGES:

*Added cancel buttons to the editing screens.
*Added a filter to the recruiting screen that will show only players that you have offered.
*Added the ability to view the selection show on selection sunday.
*Coach histories are now copied over to the new folder when you change the save name.
*Added Stamina to the attribute views on the recruiting screen.
*Added a print button to the recruiting screen.
*Added conference RPI to the polls screen.
*Added the schedule strength rating to the rpi list on the polls screen.
*Added the player ratings from the previous season to the player screen.
*Added the player rating progression for each season to the player screen printout.
*Redshirting players are now shown using the unavailable color on the roster screen.
*Added a game summary section to the bottom of the box score printout.
*Adjusted the height distribution of the players to better match real life.
*Added the team's committed players to the team html page.
*Fouling ability now improves when you work on defense.
*Reduced the odds of a 3-second call when you trying to milk the clock.
*Active players are now displayed on the overall player career stats leaders.
*Reduced the odds of players tipping in their own miss on a ft.
*Added a historical team leaders screen to the history menu.
*Adjusted the late game timing code and added shots from beyond midcourt.
*Improved cpu timeout use at the end of the game.
*Computer teams are now more willing to use smaller rotations.
*Moved Texas and Oklahoma from the midwest to the south region.

FIXES:
*Fixed a small flaw in the RPI formula.
*Fixed a bug that caused the individual team season records to get loaded improperly.
*Added code to prevent an issue where double clicking on players on the roster screen has no effect.
*The first line of the box score printout is no longer ignored.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:45 AM   #233
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

HR does it again!

Thanks,

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:07 AM   #234
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I was wondering what your alls thoughts would be on having to hit continue to move onto next region during selection show.. i'd be for it myself.. would allow me some time to scan the bracket for matchups in each region
Old 04-14-2004, 07:11 AM   #235
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dayumnnnn! I gotta get me some of this
Old 04-14-2004, 07:58 AM   #236
petrochile
H.S. Freshman Team

Excellent work as always HR!

One suggestion I have, as it is pretty much cosmetic, is having preseason awards, like they do in real life. I guess they could be announced after training camp.

Keep up the good work as always!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:24 AM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Awesome!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:27 PM   #238
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
CHANGES:

*Added conference RPI to the polls screen.
*Added the schedule strength rating to the rpi list on the polls screen.
*Added the player rating progression for each season to the player screen printout.
*Added a game summary section to the bottom of the box score printout.
*Fouling ability now improves when you work on defense.
*Adjusted the late game timing code and added shots from beyond midcourt.
*Improved cpu timeout use at the end of the game.
*Computer teams are now more willing to use smaller rotations.

YESSS!!! SWEET MONEY!!! HR=da man. In some cultures, he would be "THE man"
Old 04-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #239
sjshaw
lolzcat

HR so rules
Old 04-14-2004, 02:33 PM   #240
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I am now getting a run time error 6 when trying to view the polls prior to simming a mid week game of mine. I have never had this error before this new file.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #241
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'll post a fix shortly. I'm sure it is related to the new information on the polls screen.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #242
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The build that fixes the polls issue is up. It only happened very early in the season.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB108.exe
Old 04-14-2004, 03:31 PM   #243
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, 1 hour from reported problem to fix. Thanks HR!!!!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:08 PM   #244
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Exclamation Small bug, nothing big.

Hey, HeavyReign just noticed a very small problem. Or maybe I'm just stupid and this isn't a bug at all.

Anyway, while coaching my Norfolk State team playing against Savannah State I noticed that no matter who has possession of the ball, the "possession arrow" always says "Savannah State."

Just thought I'd point this out, maybe it's already been brought to your attention but I did not feel like looking through the threads ....

Back to FBCB.

Forgot to mention, I'm using the newest 1.0.8 build.

Last edited by LionsFan10 : 04-14-2004 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention ...
LionsFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:04 PM   #245
digamma
Torchbearer

The polls are now very wacky early in the season. I just got to week two and my top 25 is as follows:

Top 25 Poll
# School FPV Record Points Previous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. California (72) 0-2 1800 NR
2. Bradley 0-2 1700 NR
3. Central Florida 0-2 1684 NR
4. Mississippi State 0-2 1584 NR
5. Ohio State 1-2 1490 NR
6. Hawaii 0-1 1334 NR
7. Baylor 1-1 1308 NR
8. Georgia Tech 4-0 1143 3
9. Oregon 2-0 986 13
10. Alabama 1-0 930 6
11. Arizona State 0-1 914 NR
12. Georgetown 1-1 860 NR
13. Kansas 1-0 813 4
14. Western Illinois 0-2 645 NR
15. Utah 1-1 611 1
16. Youngstown State 0-1 585 NR
17. UCLA 2-0 574 22
18. Illinois 3-0 484 14
19. Gonzaga 1-0 476 18
20. Michigan State 2-0 472 5
21. Harvard 1-1 455 NR
22. Butler 0-2 384 NR
23. Kentucky 2-1 376 2
24. Creighton 2-0 323 17
25. South Carolina 0-1 283 NR
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #246
digamma
Torchbearer

The polls appear to have straightened themselves out a week later...

Top 25 Poll
# School FPV Record Points Previous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Georgia Tech (69) 8-0 1793 8
2. Kansas 3-0 1714 13
3. Cincinnati (2) 1-0 1667 NR
4. Illinois (1) 3-0 1527 18
5. Michigan State 4-0 1498 20
6. Utah 3-1 1256 15
7. Creighton 5-0 1210 24
8. Gonzaga 2-0 1198 19
9. Wisconsin 4-0 1157 NR
10. Kentucky 2-1 1124 23
11. New Mexico State 3-0 1106 NR
12. Georgia 3-1 820 NR
13. Alabama 2-1 778 10
14. Oklahoma State 3-1 753 NR
15. Oklahoma 3-0 650 NR
16. Rice 3-0 597 NR
17. Oregon 4-1 589 9
18. Seton Hall 2-1 580 NR
19. Boston College 4-1 579 NR
20. Connecticut 5-1 502 NR
21. Vanderbilt 3-0 489 NR
22. Notre Dame 2-0 473 NR
23. Houston 1-0 354 NR
24. Virginia 2-0 323 NR
25. Arizona 2-0 304 NR
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #247
LloydLungs
College Prospect

HR,

Regarding Selection Sunday... I'd like to just have a general "pause" button. Then people can pause after a region, or after individual matchups, or whenever they want. As it stands now the selections come up very fast for me...
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #248
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
Hey, HeavyReign just noticed a very small problem. Or maybe I'm just stupid and this isn't a bug at all.

Anyway, while coaching my Norfolk State team playing against Savannah State I noticed that no matter who has possession of the ball, the "possession arrow" always says "Savannah State."

Just thought I'd point this out, maybe it's already been brought to your attention but I did not feel like looking through the threads ....

Back to FBCB.

Forgot to mention, I'm using the newest 1.0.8 build.

The Possession arrow determines who get the ball if both teams get possession instead of a jump ball, not who has the ball.

Todd
Old 04-15-2004, 05:02 AM   #249
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Small suggestions HR..

Can we get an on/off switch for "Early declaration for draft" and "High School Players declare for draft"? I want to play old style collegebasketball, where the colleges weren't just a stop over for the pros.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:44 AM   #250
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I think having to hit continue to move onto next region on selection sunday show would suffice

And how plausible is it to put random cities as hosts for the ncaa tourney games and list it on the brackets? again a fluffish feature.. but would provide more immersion

Last edited by Ragone : 04-15-2004 at 05:45 AM.