Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #201
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I'm not out on Chip Kelly yet. I think he's moving in the right direction, but he has to get a franchise QB, and Bradford isn't it.

Colin Kaepernick.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #202
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I'm not out on Chip Kelly yet. I think he's moving in the right direction, but he has to get a franchise QB, and Bradford isn't it.

Paxton Lynch
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #203
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Paxton Lynch

Is he a 1st round prospect?
Old 11-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
This is a really long week 10 this season.

Considering how rarely we post in these threads these dys, we might as well have a generic thread for Week X, and then edit the title each weel tp be current

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:02 PM   #205
Atocep
Coordinator

Tom Brady's "Rex Ryan" audible for a handoff up the middle is the best thing I've seen this year.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:03 PM   #206
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Is he a 1st round prospect?

Top QB prospect. He is going to be the real deal. Have been watching him for a couple years, hoping the Eagles can find a way to get him.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #207
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Finding it hard to see what any of the Bengal fans have done on here to get taunted for. The group on here is fairly doom and gloom and respectful as far as I've seen. If you would like to taunt the actual asshole Bengal fans, there are plenty of message boards they hang out on that you can frequent.

Or if this makes you feel good or superior, feel free to keep it up. Whatever works for you, I guess.

Dude, it's not personal. I'm a Steeler fan living in Cincinnati. I hate the Bengals. It's pretty fucking cut and dried.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-23-2015 at 08:12 PM.
PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #208
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Dude, it's not personal. I'm a Steeler fan living in Cincinnati. I hate the Bengals. It's pretty fucking cut and dried.

we shall forgive you due to your blog! #whodey

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #209
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Fun to watch an athlete that doesn't know when to let go.

Peyton Manning is absolutely determined to get healthy and to play | ProFootballTalk

So the word here in town is that Mannings CAA agent firm leaked this and is not a shock he wants to play next year.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-23-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #210
MrBug708
Head Coach

So the refs just blew that play badly
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #213
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think the refs applied a create a rule situation to cover up the screw-up
Old 11-23-2015, 09:26 PM   #214
Logan
Head Coach

Seems like the type of mistake that pops up by refs trained to be overprotective of QBs. Brady's body language was that he was giving up on the play, and my guess is the ref blew the whistle so he wouldn't get drilled before getting OOB.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #215
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Seems like the type of mistake that pops up by refs trained to be overprotective of QBs. Brady's body language was that he was giving up on the play, and my guess is the ref blew the whistle so he wouldn't get drilled before getting OOB.

I think the dude blew the whistle AT Rex Ryan...total distraction mistake? Just guessing.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:40 PM   #216
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow I am really surprised how well the Bills have been able to run on the Patriots who are the #2 run defense?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #217
Logan
Head Coach

Lot of underthrown balls tonight.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #218
Galaril
Pro Starter

And there are the Bills I remember .
Old 11-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #219
bhlloy
Coordinator

Given the number of penalties that end up in negative plays and fumbles, I wonder at what point it's better just to fair catch any punt that isn't inside your own ten yard line...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #220
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heeeere we go again.. (Bills have headset issues)

Has anyone you know, tested the Bills equipment? They seem to fail everywhere (london, Buffalo, New England)
Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #221
kingfc22
Head Coach

This officiating crew is AWFUL
Old 11-23-2015, 11:00 PM   #222
kingfc22
Head Coach

And why is Taylor out there still? He's clearly injured.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #223
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

How do they rule that in bounds? HE wasn't touched and rolled out of bounds with 2 seconds left.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #224
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Pats got a gift win here, the Bills should have been a LOT more urgent starting with 5:00 to play down 10. They were running the clock down to 4:21 with :01 on the play clock. We found out how much losing Edelman (and then Dobson and Amadola) costs the Pats offense. (A lot)
Old 11-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #226
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
This officiating crew is AWFUL
Generally Steratore and his crew are pretty good. Even good refs have bad nights.

Btw, this game was over when the Bills chose to punt it on 4th & 2 at midfield down 10 with like 8 minutes left. Rex Ryan can talk all he wants, that's a spot as a road underdog you have to actually play aggressive.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #227
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm wondering if they said clock continued to run because he was going backwards out of bounds? (clock runs in that case)
Old 11-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #228
TroyF
Coordinator

This has been far and away the worst reffing this league has ever seen. The officiating is beyond horrible. Yesterday, in the Broncos/Bears game, Osweiler slid and was hit by two Bears. Instead of the automatic 15 yard penalty, nothing was called. That single play led to the Bears coming back.

Then we have this catch that is somehow ruled in bounds with two seconds left, which eliminated a hail mary attempt by the Bills. That call is INEXCUSABLE. The ref on that sideline has no business reffing an NFL game. That's simply horrible officiating. The NFL had better get this figured out before they blow a Super Bowl.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #229
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I'm wondering if they said clock continued to run because he was going backwards out of bounds? (clock runs in that case)

WHAT? Ummm, no. You can run sideways, leftways, rightways, crawl, roll, do the snake. . . anything you want to get out of bounds before you are touched. He wasn't touched. That's out of bounds and the Bills ball.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #230
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's if going backwards while being contacted; a player can go backwards out of bounds on their own and the clock should stop and the ball is marked where they went out, not forward progress.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #231
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
This has been far and away the worst reffing this league has ever seen. The officiating is beyond horrible. Yesterday, in the Broncos/Bears game, Osweiler slid and was hit by two Bears. Instead of the automatic 15 yard penalty, nothing was called. That single play led to the Bears coming back.

Then we have this catch that is somehow ruled in bounds with two seconds left, which eliminated a hail mary attempt by the Bills. That call is INEXCUSABLE. The ref on that sideline has no business reffing an NFL game. That's simply horrible officiating. The NFL had better get this figured out before they blow a Super Bowl.

Very bad officiating. I know it was only preventing a very small percentage play but this wasn't even a matter of "judgement" it should have been rules 101. It's not a college game where being down is being down regardless of being touched.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #232
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That's if going backwards while being contacted; a player can go backwards out of bounds on their own and the clock should stop and the ball is marked where they went out, not forward progress.

Exactly. That was just a horrible call.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #233
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I was just throwing a theory out there that seemed to be only explanation.

Bills are tough. The good thing though is the division is definitely secure (5 games up, 6 to play), so we can spend the next few weeks getting healthy/set for playoffs.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #234
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Not that the Bills should have to argue it, but they just seemed ready to leave after that last play. How come Watkins and Ryan and pretty much anyone else with a Buffalo Bills logo on their clothing didn't insist that Watkins was out of bounds? It's like they didn't even care.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:13 AM   #235
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Bills covered the spread so they were happy with ending it where it was.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:32 AM   #236
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Given the number of penalties that end up in negative plays and fumbles, I wonder at what point it's better just to fair catch any punt that isn't inside your own ten yard line...

Yeah, this is always my thought. There's maybe a window from my 20 to my 35 where I'd consider a return but elsewhere it really makes little sense

Last edited by stevew : 11-24-2015 at 01:33 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #237
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The official word:

Steratore told a pool reporter after the game that the judgment was made that Watkins gave himself up on the play, which is why the clock ran and the play couldn't be reviewed.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:25 AM   #238
Dutch
"Dutch"

I figured it was because the forward progress was further down field then where he fell out of bounds...and he was inbounds at the point of forward progress...but I guess that explanation has the same result.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #239
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Not that the Bills should have to argue it, but they just seemed ready to leave after that last play. How come Watkins and Ryan and pretty much anyone else with a Buffalo Bills logo on their clothing didn't insist that Watkins was out of bounds? It's like they didn't even care.

I really, truly don't believe anybody would not care in that situation, but I bet they resigned themselves to the fact that their QB wasn't leaving the game and was incapable of throwing it 50 yards for a Hail Mary.

Ryan may have left Taylor in the game on Taylor's decision...which doomed them on that last drive since he was hurt...but in the heat of the moment, I can see Ryan respecting Taylor for toughing it out and that could have long-term benefit for the QB.

Sammy Watkins though....he looked frustrated beyond belief all night and I don't see him lasting with the Bills at this point. He doesn't seem like a good fit for that system.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:59 AM   #240
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
The official word:

Steratore told a pool reporter after the game that the judgment was made that Watkins gave himself up on the play, which is why the clock ran and the play couldn't be reviewed.

Full "explanation":

Pretty sure that was the same guy who had just missed a Bills' player knee being down before he got up to gain another foot or so, and also instructed the sticks to be moved when said wrong spot seemed to be a solid half yard from the first down line.

Last edited by Logan : 11-24-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #241
Logan
Head Coach

Re: final play, I just saw this on Twitter in response to Steratore's comments...

Quote:
Where to begin?

This could not possibly be “down by contact” without any defensive contact, rather it is a “declared dead ball” in the absence of a down-by-contact, out-of-bounds, incomplete-pass or other similar ruling.

The surrender technique is when a player essentially gives up on the play — either by taking a knee or remaining on the ground without any effort to advance. In referee’s parlance, an “advance” can be backward, particularly in a sideline play where lateral yardage is gained just as much as goal-ward yardage. As long as the runner is voluntarily ceding territory in the advance, his forward progress spot moves back with him. If the position of the ball is moving, there is no way that the runner has given up an opportunity to advance. He is retreating, not surrendering.

A surrendered player is also not subject to be tackled, but a player heading for the sideline must be touched down or contacted, whichever is appropriate, in order to keep the ball in bounds. A player pushed backwards out of bounds may also be ruled “in bounds” if the forward progress spot is in the field of play.

While replay can intervene in a clock operator error (if the error is more than two seconds at the expiration of the half and many other caveats), there is no review to rule the ball dead at :02 when Watkins goes out of bounds. Since the signal is to wind the clock, the clock operator did not make an error. If the side judge determined that Watkins should be ruled out of bounds, and if he noted there was time remaining on the clock, the two officials could add the time back in a conference. Also, if the side judge and head linesman had conflicting signals, and the stoppage wins out in conference, it appears the rule will allow the stop signal to be reviewed.

The explanation of this play, though, has made the error worse, because it is not rooted in an applicable rule or sensible in any semblance of basic football time-management strategy. It is a perversion of the rules to cover for Walker at best. It is a complete lack of reasoning or a misapplication of the rules at worst.

Either way, it erodes the confidence the fans and teams have in the crews’ abilities which damns the 2015 season as a lost cause for officiating.

Steratore crew defeated in Monday night game | Football Zebras
Old 11-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #242
Logan
Head Coach

Manziel demoted to #3 QB for clubbing.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #243
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Manziel demoted to #3 QB for clubbing.

He might not have ever been any good in the NFL. But, the Browns have completely mishandled Manziel.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #244
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He might not have ever been any good in the NFL. But, the Browns have completely mishandled Manziel.

Trading him for a practice squad QB would be a start.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #245
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Manziel mishandled Manziel.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #246
mckerney
Coordinator

Free-agent safety LaRon Landry suspended indefinitely by NFL

Quote:
Free-agent safety LaRon Landry, who recently completed a 10-game suspension for a violation of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy, has been suspended indefinitely by the league, according to a source.

The reason for the suspension is not clear. Landry last played for the Indianapolis Colts during the 2014 season.

The reason for the suspension is not clear.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #247
mckerney
Coordinator

I would have to assume that leave only the cream as the possible source of the suspension.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #248
Danny
Head Coach

I dont even think he lifts
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #249
PilotMan
Head Coach

Reports: Rams WR Stedman Bailey Shot In The Head (UPDATES)

Quote:
A Rams source confirmed to me that Stedman Bailey was involved in shooting incident & suffered a head wound. Not considered life-threatening

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:59 PM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

waiut what?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote