Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #202
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
Yes, only after timeouts.

Wow...quick reply - thanks.

So those situational assignments are for the whole team in general? Just thought I'd clarify, wasn't sure if you were solely referring to strategy calls done after timeouts, or if it's possible to have certain guys look for 3s, etc..
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #203
Danny
Head Coach

I am wrong, it doesnt need to be after a timeout . The situational options are for the whole team. They are look for threes/last shot/2 for 1/intentional foul. You can set individual defensive matchups and double team players also.

The part that needs to be at a timeout are calling for the specific plays like was posted.

Last edited by Danny : 11-10-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:36 AM   #204
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
I am wrong, it doesnt need to be after a timeout . The situational options are for the whole team. They are look for threes/last shot/2 for 1/intentional foul. You can set individual defensive matchups and double team players also.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I guess dubb's post about having certain players being assigned certain things threw me for a loop.
tweet tweet twitter
Old 11-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #205
Danny
Head Coach

Check my edit. Im a little rusty this morning .
Old 11-10-2004, 09:42 AM   #206
Danny
Head Coach

For more details, after a timeout, the three plays are isolation, pick and roll and three pointer. You then choose the passer/dribbler and the shooter/screener. You can also yell at your team.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #207
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
For more details, after a timeout, the three plays are isolation, pick and roll and three pointer. You then choose the passer/dribbler and the shooter/screener. You can also yell at your team.

Hmm. I'm going to have to load it up after work and give the strategy menu a quick through. I never knew you could choose the passer/dribbler and the shooter/screener individually...now, I'm extremely curious.
tweet tweet twitter
Old 11-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #208
Danny
Head Coach

Keep in mind that is only for the play immediately following the timeout.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #209
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Keep in mind that is only for the play immediately following the timeout.

danny is it working when an opponent calls a timeout? you should be able to see those timeout options too..
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:23 AM   #210
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i tought there can be some defense timeout options (in the same section as when you call a timeout) to pick from when an opponent calls a time out..
Old 11-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #211
Danny
Head Coach

I just tested this and the same timeout options are there.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:48 AM   #212
jbmagic
Pro Starter

thanks Danny

so timeout options are only for the offense team only...
Old 11-15-2004, 01:57 PM   #213
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Patch 1.2 is out

update patch 1.2 is out

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...66&postcount=1
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #214
Galaril
Pro Starter

Great game but........The late game AI really needs to be looked at.Gary had mentioned afew times he was going to look at it.So, I hope it will be tweaked in the next patch.The problem is the AI isn't using sound time management.I have seen often not sometimes that teams keep the ballfor a lsat shot when they are behind by more than a basket.And in one game I told my team to intentionally foul but they didn't and I lost by 1 point. There are many other examples but it really kills the immersion when that happens in triple overtime.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #215
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow this thing blows me away..

Best. Sim. Ever.
Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #216
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhe
Wow this thing blows me away..

Best. Sim. Ever.

Now there's a QOTM

Thanks for the compliment and glad you gave it a shot and are enjoying it.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #217
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Has anyone tried out the TCB Draft class with TPB?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to purchase these two games, they sound promising and the NBA Playoffs have me wanted to get a little involved.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #218
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Has anyone tried out the TCB Draft class with TPB?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to purchase these two games, they sound promising and the NBA Playoffs have me wanted to get a little involved.
I've tried it, and it works fine. I don't know how your player universe could be affected long-term though because I only did it once, and for one season. Anyway, I don't think there are any particular problems with it. I'm sure you already checked the GDS forums for additional infos.

As for the games, I strongly suggest you both of them. TPB is a great game, I love it. I played a lot of seasons with it, every aspect is detailed but not tedious, you can delegate stuff to the coaches if you want, it's challenging and fun. Behind FOF and FBCB, it's the sport text-sim I've played the most I think.
TCB, well, I still have to get into it, but mostly because I didn't have too much time in the last months. I started my first serious career only a couple of weeks ago, and I was liking it a lot. It seems a very good game.

Have you tried the demos?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 AM   #219
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I finally got a chance to check out the TCB Demo and I was intrigued, I like it. One problem though, a lot of things are not showing up. When I played a game, there was no score present at the top of the screen. In all screen the buttons appear to be missing text/labels. Such as "advance" and "cancel" buttons, they are just blank so I have no clue what each does, I just guess.

I did download the Real NCAA Pack or whatever it is called, I think Icy did it but I think it helped me in my interest in the game. I played the TPB Demo with all the fake teams/players and I wasn't into it at all, I wander if it was because I was didn't have real teams/players.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:28 AM   #220
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My TPB keeps getting all kinds of RTE's, but it may be due to a roster file. Nevertheless, it's still frustrating.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #221
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
I finally got a chance to check out the TCB Demo and I was intrigued, I like it. One problem though, a lot of things are not showing up. When I played a game, there was no score present at the top of the screen. In all screen the buttons appear to be missing text/labels. Such as "advance" and "cancel" buttons, they are just blank so I have no clue what each does, I just guess.

I did download the Real NCAA Pack or whatever it is called, I think Icy did it but I think it helped me in my interest in the game. I played the TPB Demo with all the fake teams/players and I wasn't into it at all, I wander if it was because I was didn't have real teams/players.

You need to reboot your computer first.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #222
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
My TPB keeps getting all kinds of RTE's, but it may be due to a roster file. Nevertheless, it's still frustrating.

It might be because one roster file out there seems to generate a bunch of errors for people. If you send me the leaguename.tpb file and career.tpb file I will take a look and see what is causing the problem and how I can fix it.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #223
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski
It might be because one roster file out there seems to generate a bunch of errors for people. If you send me the leaguename.tpb file and career.tpb file I will take a look and see what is causing the problem and how I can fix it.

If it's the trade deadline file from this past season, then that would be what's causing me to crash also. I haven't even saved a career yet, it seems to crash on the first trade I try to make.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #224
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
If it's the trade deadline file from this past season, then that would be what's causing me to crash also. I haven't even saved a career yet, it seems to crash on the first trade I try to make.

It crashes whenever you try to trade? Is your system language set to US-English? It has to be in order to play TPB 05 because of how the code deals with formatting of dollars. I'm working it out so that's not the case in the future but that's how TPB 05 was setup.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #225
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It crashes whenever you try to trade? Is your system language set to US-English? It has to be in order to play TPB 05 because of how the code deals with formatting of dollars. I'm working it out so that's not the case in the future but that's how TPB 05 was setup.

Yes, set up in US English. Let me see if I can recreate the error.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #226
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Okay, when i use that Trade deadline file, I create a normal league setup with a 50 million dollar cap. Before I play, i go into commish mode and try to make a trade, and then it crashes. I was trying to deal off Eric Snow, and he's impossible to trade in any other way, but to do it in commish mode.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #227
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Ok Im not familiar with the "trade deadline" file so I'm going to guess its a problem with that particular file. If you want to send me those files I'll have a look at it and get back to you as soon as I can.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #228
stevew
Hall Of Famer

it's the one found here

http://members.cox.net/speedy_sportssims/hoops_home.htm

What's a good program to edit CSV's? I don't have excel. I'd like to tweak a roster set if possible, and change some of the positions.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What's a good program to edit CSV's? I don't have excel. I'd like to tweak a roster set if possible, and change some of the positions.
Don't know if there's a smaller program which will do the same thing, but Open Office offers a Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access clone for free. While not quite as powerful or as easy to use as MS Office, it's one very powerful suite and has one great pricetag.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #230
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Don't know if there's a smaller program which will do the same thing, but Open Office offers a Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access clone for free. While not quite as powerful or as easy to use as MS Office, it's one very powerful suite and has one great pricetag.

Yeah, i have that, but in the past it seemed to not work very well for CSV's. Actually, this is a MDB file now that I think about, so I'd need like an Access clone I think.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #231
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You need to reboot your computer first.

Great! I'll probably purchase this soon.