Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #201
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Excited for tonight. I think both games could be close. Chances are Rams Niners will be defensive though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #202
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
RG III to IR, broken shoulder. Will be re-evaluated next month, per ESPN

shocking! This was probably destined when he signed with Cleveland.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #203
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
RG III to IR, broken shoulder. Will be re-evaluated next month, per ESPN

6 years, 3 coaches, and he still can't/won't slide. Such a waste of physical talent.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #204
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

What a disgusting weekend of football. The Raiders go for 2 AND FUCKING GET IT and win, and the Chargers lose in OT. Screw you Chargers, I'm sick of your pathetic inability to keep a lead. The Curse of Norv is real.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 09-12-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #205
muns
Pro Starter

Holy cow with that call Steelers
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #206
bhlloy
Coordinator

When that happens, it might be time to accept its not going to be your night
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #207
TroyF
Coordinator

Before that last pass, I was going to write a post asking how many yards Cousins has cost his WR tonight on balls behind them. I'm not joking when I say I think the number is somewhere between 75 and 100 yards)

He should have had 1 INT earlier in the game. The scary thing is that he hasn't been hit tonight. The Steelers have zero sacks and zero QB hits. I was really excited to see this game tonight. Cousins was close to making a believe out of me toward the end of last year and I always like watching Big Ben.

Cousins has been just horrible so far. I don't think the numbers do justice to how bad this guy is playing thus far tonight.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #208
muns
Pro Starter

Kinda wondering if B&B is 100% right here. That the nfc sucks so bad that cousins looked like an all star because of it? I'm a Steelers homer and if we play d like this we are gonna get shredded all season in our division. Playoffs are a pipe dream
Old 09-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #209
TroyF
Coordinator

He's caught fire now, but then again he SHOULD be catching fire. We are now deep into the game and Cousins has been hit one time. The guy could be a having a picnic back there for most of this game.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #210
bhlloy
Coordinator

Breeland. Bruton. Bruh-oh.

Kinda pointless having the best corner in the game if the other 75% of your secondary stinks. Although having Norman cover Sammy Coates while Antonio Brown works on Breeland doesn't help either.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:47 PM   #211
muns
Pro Starter

2nd year starting? Having issues with reading coverage? I don't think he is as good as everybody thinks?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #212
TroyF
Coordinator

In fairness, he was really, really good last year. I don't mean good empty numbers like tonight. I mean he was ridiculous. It was like watching a different QB. Tonight it was empty numbers and he didn't look good.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #213
muns
Pro Starter

You mean in the 2nd half of the season? I'm not looking at stats but my memory says he was pretty bad in the first half of the season. Or at least below average?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #214
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Breeland. Bruton. Bruh-oh.

Kinda pointless having the best corner in the game if the other 75% of your secondary stinks. Although having Norman cover Sammy Coates while Antonio Brown works on Breeland doesn't help either.

I don't think Norman is the best corner in the game (That title goes to Sherman and I'd put Chris Harris second right now based on the fact he's been doing it longer than a year)

That said, you are right. . . what's the point of having him if he isn't going to shadow the best WR on the field or you are going to surround him with street quality players? Kind of defeats the purpose of an elite corner.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #215
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
You mean in the 2nd half of the season? I'm not looking at stats but my memory says he was pretty bad in the first half of the season. Or at least below average?

After 6 games, he was at 6 TD and 8 INT.He was learning a new offense though. From week 7 on, he was unreal. 23 TD and 3 INT. Added another great game in the playoffs. It really looked like he had turned the corner.

And maybe he still has. It's week one. Even with the bad game, his numbers will end up looking OK. I was never a fan of his, but I really thought he found something last year. Obviously, this is a horrible, horrible start to his "contract" year.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #216
muns
Pro Starter

Btw that's called a tits scrubbing with a terrible d tonight. The Steelers while not all that great on d are certainly in the convo for the afc cause they can put up points. Not sure why you don't think they are?
Old 09-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #217
muns
Pro Starter

Can't disagree with what you are saying at all. I hope he progresses forward.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #218
muns
Pro Starter

My bad all. Clearly my phone isn't capturing quotes that I think I'm responding to

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #219
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I don't think Norman is the best corner in the game (That title goes to Sherman and I'd put Chris Harris second right now based on the fact he's been doing it longer than a year)

That said, you are right. . . what's the point of having him if he isn't going to shadow the best WR on the field or you are going to surround him with street quality players? Kind of defeats the purpose of an elite corner.

Breeland was a good CB last year. Brown caught 16 passes against Harris/Denver, and his TD tonight was against perfect coverage. It's one game, that's all.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #220
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
In fairness, he was really, really good last year. I don't mean good empty numbers like tonight. I mean he was ridiculous. It was like watching a different QB. Tonight it was empty numbers and he didn't look good.

This was my concern with Foles a couple of years ago...
Old 09-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #221
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

People still think Sherman is the best CB in the game?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

One quarter in and I am already ready to fire Fisher. Of course I thought he should have been let go last year and left in Missouri.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #223
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Watch his game against Antonio Brown last year.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #224
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When did the narrative about Chip Kelly change? All that was heard over the previous seasons were "breakneck speed" "lack of ball control" "speed of the game".

Now what do we hear... "it's not all about speed and hurry up"

So far I don't see much different than what I saw the last three years. Am I missing something?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #225
bhlloy
Coordinator

If teams can run on the Rams it's going to be a loooong season

Blaine Gabbert showing us he's still Blaine Gabbert. Just when I was about to write a complement about him.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #226
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If teams can run on the Rams it's going to be a loooong season

Blaine Gabbert showing us he's still Blaine Gabbert. Just when I was about to write a complement about him.

No kidding. Seems like that is the main reason to keep Fisher around; his emphasis on D. If they aren't stopping NY one, why keep this guy?

Old 09-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #227
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Why are they running a slow developing sweep on a third and two? Wtf...?

Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #229
cmp
Pro Rookie

Gabbert won't last long this season if he doesn't start sliding.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #230
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
They saved the worst QB play to cap off the week.

Really? They're holding Goff back to get better than this guy? If this is the team this year, they need to just stick Goff in and let him learn.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:21 PM   #231
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Breeland was a good CB last year. Brown caught 16 passes against Harris/Denver, and his TD tonight was against perfect coverage. It's one game, that's all.

The Broncos 2 starting safeties went down at halftime and they spent the entire second half playing deep zone as well as getting exhausted because the offense just stopped moving the ball. (the Denver offense had one drive over 5 plays the entire second half of that football game)

Breeland might be better than I gave him credit for, but that entire secondary looked horrible for most of the night. Yes, the Steelers can do that to you,.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #232
bhlloy
Coordinator

I can easily see the Rams with the #1 pick in the draft next year as well. And there's a distinct possibility they've already figured out Goff just isn't that good.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #233
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can easily see the Rams with the #1 pick in the draft next year as well. And there's a distinct possibility they've already figured out Goff just isn't that good.

Not their pick anymore.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #234
bhlloy
Coordinator

Next week is Eagles Bears? Are they trying to save the shitty games for Monday night on purpose?
Old 09-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #235
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not their pick anymore.

Haha. I forgot about that. That would be hilarious
Old 09-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #236
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Yeah, and this is coming from someone that HATES him with a passion. The guy simply kills it. He was on the pro football focus first team again last year. He shut down Brown cold. He tackles, he gets INT's when teams attack him.

The Seahawks destroyed number 1 and number 2 WR last year. They struggled with TE and last I checked Sherman didn't cover them as a rule.

I wish he wasn't the best. I would love nothing more than to laugh at him failing. Yet he's been elite for a lot of years now and he continues to play at that level. Yeah, I think he's the best.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #237
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Really? They're holding Goff back to get better than this guy? If this is the team this year, they need to just stick Goff in and let him learn.

I watched Goff against the Broncos in the preseason and I have to say that I don't think he's ready to even learn. He was really, really bad.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #238
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If Sherman is not the best, the fraternity of elite corners above him is not large.

Put me down as another guy who doesn't understand what tactical advantage it is to stick guys on one side or another regardless of who they're covering.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #239
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I watched Goff against the Broncos in the preseason and I have to say that I don't think he's ready to even learn. He was really, really bad.

Maybe, but he's not learning right now either.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:35 PM   #240
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile Floaty Casey throws another boat somewhere in the vicinity of another poorly talented WR.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:36 PM   #241
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think St. Louis allowed the Rams to leave just to get rid of Fisher.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #242
bhlloy
Coordinator

Full disclosure, I hated the Goff pick at the time and would still hate it if he'd come out and thrown 5 TD by half time in this game.

IMO there's at least a 50/50 chance that it turns out to be one of those moves that gets included in the top 10 worst of all time. How bad the Rams look tonight and the chance that next years pick is in the top 3 is just the cherry on top of that particular shit sundae.

And how the fuck does Jeff Fisher still have a job after what seems like a decade of churning out mediocre teams?
Old 09-12-2016, 10:42 PM   #243
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
If Sherman is not the best, the fraternity of elite corners above him is not large.

Put me down as another guy who doesn't understand what tactical advantage it is to stick guys on one side or another regardless of who they're covering.

I think, at least in situations of covering someone like Brown, the idea is to keep from getting your defense unbalanced against your wishes. If you're going to go man up with one CB, and rotate coverage behind the other, then switching sides could open up wide swaths of open field if the offensive route combos are put together the right way. It's not just switching the CBs around, it's the rest of the coverage scheme having to be adjusted.

I don't know that I agree with it, but I think that's at least part of the theory.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #244
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Excited for tonight. I think both games could be close. Chances are Rams Niners will be defensive though.

Nah, this game has been completely offensive.

TO MY EYEBALLS~!
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #245
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I didn't love the Goff pick but I didn't hate it either. I just hoped they knew what they were doing. After all, the Rams had actually drafted pretty well with this current front office. So I just hoped they saw something in Goff and that precipitated giving so much up. I know how hard it is, especially as a mediocre but not bad team, to get high enough to pick a really talented QB.

If they took a crap on picking Goff, pretty damn poor time to do that.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-12-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 PM   #246
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
And how the fuck does Jeff Fisher still have a job after what seems like a decade of churning out mediocre teams?

Steve McNair.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #247
bhlloy
Coordinator

27-36 as Rams coach and never gone .500 in a single season. I'm a fan of giving coaches a longer leash than most, but come on
Old 09-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #248
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
27-36 as Rams coach and never gone .500 in a single season. I'm a fan of giving coaches a longer leash than most, but come on

Yeah I didn't get it. Last year was so obviously the time to ditch him. New city, new QB. I have no idea why they kept him.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #249
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah keep it up with the sideline outs well short of the first down marker and the sweep tosses to Austin, which are so obvious I could see the formation, fly to Santa Clara and make the tackle behind the LOS myself.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #250
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hey, if they keep this up tickets should be cheap by mid season, so that's a positive