Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #201
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man, I had totally forgotten about the other guy on James' team.

Speaking of which, his scene in the previews for next week made me cringe. Ouch.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #202
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree, both that the episode was not that exciting, and that Ozzy has taken command. They've lost a real opportunity not voting him out one of these two weeks, and I think a lot of people will come to regret it, especially with him having the idol. Once he realizes someone else voted against him, will he go after Ami or Cirie? Or will he assume it was Erik?

Maybe not Ami after that shower scene. Kathy quitting was a real low for the Survivor producers. They must be kicking themselves that they signed her and Chet up for the game. Not only were they boring and pathetic, but they've really cost a team that has been playing very well. It's too bad.

I couldn't believe no one called Ozzie on sending Tracy to Exile. You would think they would have at least razzed the big stud man for insisting on a "shower getaway" over a woman. 'take one for the team?' give me a break.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #203
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Man, I had totally forgotten about the other guy on James' team.

Speaking of which, his scene in the previews for next week made me cringe. Ouch.

Your mixing people up, the long haired kid on James team is Jason, and the kid that takes the fall is Ozzy's understudy, Erik
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #204
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
That episode was nowhere near as interesting as those spoilers made it out to be. Maybe they're for future episodes or maybe they're made up. Whoever said in an earlier post that Cirie was in charge of this tribe was sorely mistaken and should be shot. I correctly said that Ozzy was in charge and from tonight's episode that is certainly the case. Now he's got Erik wrapped around his dick and all he has to do is get rid of that bitch Cirie next week by a 3-2 vote. She should have gone this week as she's much more worthless than Tracy and she eats a lot more food. Thank God they didn't show her naked in the shower.

Once again, we're going to take someone that thought Chet was in the driver's seat seriously? Stop the melodramatic shit, its a discussion about a damn TV show.

Ami, Cire, and Amanada all said their plan is to let Ozzie think he's running the show. They allowed him to take Tracy out and make sure to make it clear during tribal council that he is seen as the leader. We won't know for at least another week if they're sticking with their plan or if he really is calling shots for tribal councils.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #205
korme
Go Reds

I can't believe Probst was so nice to whatsherface for bouncing. I remember last time someone wanted to quit, he was ripping 'em for it.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 PM   #206
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I can't believe Probst was so nice to whatsherface for bouncing. I remember last time someone wanted to quit, he was ripping 'em for it.

He probably recognized that Kathy really emotionally unstable and had no business there to begin with. He's probably more pissed that they let someone like her through their screening process.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 PM   #207
Swaggs
Coordinator

Ah... that may be why I have not noticed Jason as much. He has probably had limited scenes and I got him confused with Erik.

Still, that gutshot looked pretty ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Your mixing people up, the long haired kid on James team is Jason, and the kid that takes the fall is Ozzy's understudy, Erik
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #208
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Once again, we're going to take someone that thought Chet was in the driver's seat seriously? Stop the melodramatic shit, its a discussion about a damn TV show.

Ami, Cire, and Amanada all said their plan is to let Ozzie think he's running the show. They allowed him to take Tracy out and make sure to make it clear during tribal council that he is seen as the leader. We won't know for at least another week if they're sticking with their plan or if he really is calling shots for tribal councils.

First of all, I was just joking about that and Chet. You guys need to lighten up. You said Cirie was a powerhouse, I said Chet was a powerhouse, and we were both totally wrong. Amanda and Ozzy will remain together through the merge. If Amanda's smart, she will turn on Ozzy at some point but now is not the time. Ozzy is calling the shots now. He's got Amanda and Erik at his disposal. I hope Ozzy's tribe loses next week's immunity so they can vote out Cirie heading into the merge with James and Parvati still alive. Cirie needs to go. She doesn't even know her left from her right.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 03-19-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #209
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Stop the melodramatic shit, its a discussion about a damn TV show.

BUT IT'S SURVIVOR.....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #210
Autumn
Head Coach

All there is to say about tonight's show ...

Did you see Natalie during that challenge, in the rain?? Humina humina humina
Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #211
Raiders Army
Coordinator

She looks good straight on, but from the side...yech. There's something about her mouth that makes her look Cro-Magnon.

That being said, I'm glad that the ice cream scooper stayed.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #212
Jas_lov
College Starter

Mistake #1- Knowing it was a balance challenge, sending Alexis to Exile Island instead of Jason. They were right about not sending James since the challenge required someone light. But Jason is also light, stronger and quicker than Alexis, and he's already been to Exile Island! Erik and Amanda would have crushed Alexis and Eliza in that challenge.

Mistake #2- Keeping the last remaining fan, Erik, in the game. I'm pretty sure he'll go back to his old tribe plus Eliza after the merge. We could have a 5-5 vote next week if he does. They should have just made Ami feel welcome. Plus Erik is a bigger threat in physical immunity challenges. We'll see how it plays out. The teaser they showed for next week looks awesome.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #213
Ironhead
College Prospect

It is going to suck if the fake idol doesn't get played. I absolutely busted out laughing at the preview with Eliza though.
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #214
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah that preview had me cracking up too. That Jason is such an idiot, it's fun to watch him "Why couldn't it be real?" lol

Raiders: I agree, there are some shots where Natalie just doesn't look good. I've never figured out what it is, I'll have to check your theory next week. Straight on she looked fine tonight though. She outshone Amanda's rack.

I don't know what Erik will do after the merge. He really does seem to fawn after Ozzy, I could see Ozzy talking him over to his side. Ami was happy to jump camps if she could, despite the waterworks. Erik seems like he doesn't really get how to play the game, he doesn't make any alliances, just kind of hopes everybody is nice to him. Seems like a safe guy to have around you.

Sending Alexis was a strange idea. They thought she was a good balancer? Odd, was there a challenge that she did really well at? I feel bad for Irai (or whatever it is). They should have been up what, 8 to 4 by now? Actually I feel worst for Alexis, she missed the pizza and beer, right? Sucks.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #215
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah that preview had me cracking up too. That Jason is such an idiot, it's fun to watch him "Why couldn't it be real?" lol

Raiders: I agree, there are some shots where Natalie just doesn't look good. I've never figured out what it is, I'll have to check your theory next week. Straight on she looked fine tonight though. She outshone Amanda's rack.

I don't know what Erik will do after the merge. He really does seem to fawn after Ozzy, I could see Ozzy talking him over to his side. Ami was happy to jump camps if she could, despite the waterworks. Erik seems like he doesn't really get how to play the game, he doesn't make any alliances, just kind of hopes everybody is nice to him. Seems like a safe guy to have around you.

Sending Alexis was a strange idea. They thought she was a good balancer? Odd, was there a challenge that she did really well at? I feel bad for Irai (or whatever it is). They should have been up what, 8 to 4 by now? Actually I feel worst for Alexis, she missed the pizza and beer, right? Sucks.

Erik strikes me as a gamer. You have to be a half way decent player in order to convince three or the remaining favorites on your tribe to vote out another favorite.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #216
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think we can all agree that Erik (flamebeard) is not nearly as brilliant as Chet!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #217
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mistake #1- Knowing it was a balance challenge, sending Alexis to Exile Island instead of Jason. They were right about not sending James since the challenge required someone light. But Jason is also light, stronger and quicker than Alexis, and he's already been to Exile Island! Erik and Amanda would have crushed Alexis and Eliza in that challenge.

This was a calculated risk. The challenge turned out to require balance and athleticism, but they couldn't have known that. Had the focus of the challenge been only balance, Alexis might have been better than Jason.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #218
saldana
Pro Starter

i thought the waterworks that Ami pulled out were pretty weak...the whole "i just wanted to be part of the group" was BS, IMO...she never expressed any interest in being part of the group until her back was against the wall.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #219
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
This was a calculated risk. The challenge turned out to require balance and athleticism, but they couldn't have known that. Had the focus of the challenge been only balance, Alexis might have been better than Jason.
Ummmm.. Jason is a gymnastics coach.

I think leaving him there was pretty stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #220
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i thought the waterworks that Ami pulled out were pretty weak...the whole "i just wanted to be part of the group" was BS, IMO...she never expressed any interest in being part of the group until her back was against the wall.

I found it humorous that she, the Queen Bee of her season who excluded the men, felt "left out".
Old 04-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #221
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh that was priceless. Who thinks the producers gave Jason some breathing aids just to allow that outcome to come about so perfectly?

So, will Ozzy escape yet another week of mutiny talk? Things seem fairly up in the air now. He may have made a big slip by jumping from Amanda's sleeping bag, she was keeping him alive, now he's fair game I think.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #222
korme
Go Reds

AMAZING challenge. Ozzy, Jason, and James lasting that long was sweet to watch.

Also kudos to Eliza seeing the writing on the wall and still playing what she knew was a fake idol to out Ozzy. Kudos to Ozzy to taking it in stride and saying "Come on, I worked on that thing for hours!"

Sucks for Jason that he was wearing the immunity necklace and no one wanted to come discuss strategy with him... doesn't bode well for his future.

How funny is it to see Amanda immediately say that she wants Alexis out now "because she's a strong player". Hahahaha. That move was all because she got super jealous. Priceless. Amanda's giving Ozzy lovin' and showin her boobs in the shower and the minute Ozzy gets some other tail showing interest he leaves her high and dry. Classic.

Last edited by korme : 04-10-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #223
Ironhead
College Prospect

Kudos to Jeff for not saying anything when they told him the new tribe name. You could tell he was thinking to himself, "That doesn't mean jack sh*t!"
Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #224
Thomkal
Head Coach

Poor Eliza, she really never had a chance in this game with her reputation. But glad she tried it with the idol anyway, would have been fantastic to see Ozzy's face if it had worked. I think they are going to go fullbore on him now that know he has the idol.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #225
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

If Eliza could think on her feet instead of immediately confronting Jason about the fake idol, she could have had a way out.

1. Thank Jason for the idol. Don't let on that it's fake.
2. High five with him over how sweet it will be to blindside Ozzie, and how memorable the moment will be. They'll replay that for years! Best Survivor moment of all time!
3. Casually mention that its too bad that he did all the work, but she'll be the one everyone remembers playing the idol
4. "Gee, the only thing that would make it better would be if you gave me the necklace, and then you played the secret idol!"

Yes, I do think he could have been dumb/vain enough to fall for it.

(But of course she's a woman so running over to yell at him was more important than thinking...)
Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 AM   #226
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This was a great episode last night. Like you guys said, it was a great challenge, had some extreme comedy with the idol, and the drama with Alexis and Amanda and Ozzy was great. Why would you watch any other show?

The ice cream scooper played it well with Ozzy. I was telling my wife what I would do, and then he does it.

Jason needs to go up to Ozzy and tell him that he let Eliza play the idol because he knew it was fake. Why would he give immunity to another player, much less Eliza? The other thing is that he needs to protect himself because he's gone, gone, gone if he doesn't win immunity. You saw what happened if you crossed Ozzy. Ozzy had two votes. One from Eliza and...
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #227
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think Jeff refered to Eliza as "the first member of our jury".

With nine players left, does that mean a two-person final this season?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #228
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think Jeff refered to Eliza as "the first member of our jury".

With nine players left, does that mean a two-person final this season?

you missed it
Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #229
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. Jeff said she was the first member of the jury.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #230
Autumn
Head Coach

Which is too bad for them, because she doesn't have any friends on there.

Jason seems likely to be next. He was so giddy on winning the challenge, which was necessary for him, but he seems to think that winning the physical challenges is all he has to do in this game. He's one out of three on Alexis's list of strengths.

Funny how Jeff dragged out the fake idol thing too, he must have been having a lot of fun with that and the fake tribe name.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #231
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I kind of hope they do a "go to a local village" reward challenge, and some player says "Dabu" to the chief only to find out it's a mortal insult to his mother.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #232
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I wonder what's so terrible about Amanda that Ozzie felt he had to jump ship the moment the tribes merged. I suspect that will be the start of his downfall because he's a real target right now for everyone else.

Next week will be interesting, at least based on the trailer, since the women seem to be in a position of power. And, as much as I dislike her, Cerie is in a real power position right now.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #233
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

James' reaction after Ozzy said, "Come on Jeff! I spent three hours working on that thing!" was priceless.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #234
wade moore
lolzcat

I love Ozzie - but he's letting the wrong brain thing right now. There's just no good reason to openly float to Alexis over Amanda. Amanda's no joke in this game and I think he's letting it all get to his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #235
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, Ozzie is a good player, but he's slipped up, it seems. If he was genuinely surprised that people are thinking he's leader of the tribe, then he's not as good as I thought. And either way, he didn't do enough to keep himself out of the target. He's cocky enough that I think he may pull a James and not use his idol when he should.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #236
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Cerei may win this thing. She's a master manipulator.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #237
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, Ozzie is a good player, but he's slipped up, it seems. If he was genuinely surprised that people are thinking he's leader of the tribe, then he's not as good as I thought. And either way, he didn't do enough to keep himself out of the target. He's cocky enough that I think he may pull a James and not use his idol when he should.

He's great at challenges, but he's weak in other areas of the game. It was the same on Cook Islands. I'll be surprised if Ozzie wins. There are much better social players and strategists in the game and the things that got him to where he is now are going to start to work against him now that the tribes merged.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #238
Thomkal
Head Coach

well well well wasn't that an interesting tribal council. I think James had the wrong person when he called Jason the stupidest Survivor...
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #239
Jas_lov
College Starter

Congratulations Cirie for ensuring that the rest of the season will suck. Let me take a wild guess- James goes next week, then Amanda, then Erik, then Jason and we're left with the bitches. You gotta hand it to Cirie though. She got Yau Man and now Ozzy. Parvati made a big powerplay too becoming the 5th vote needed to pull this off.

And James is still the dumbest Survivor. 2 idols, 3 chances left to use them and he goes home with both of them in his pocket. Ozzy took a chance and it cost him. If Parvati or Cirie hadn't flipped, it would have worked.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #240
Mota
College Benchwarmer

It really seems like this is Cirie's game this year. She is absolutely no threat to anybody, yet seems to be pulling the strings in this game. Great position to be in.

I really enjoyed Big Brother a few years ago when the strong players banded together and picked off the floaters in the mid-game for this exact reason. Eventually they band together and the strong guys go shortly after the merge every year in Survivor. Makes for a dull end-game, and it looks like we'll be seeing the same thing again this time.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #241
Jas_lov
College Starter

The only hope is James, Amanda, and Erik realize what's going on and they tell Jason that the chicks will take over unless he comes with them. So then it's 4-4 and this stronger alliance can pick off the weaker one with Cirie, Alexis, Natalie, and Parvati. Amanda won't go with the girls because she can't trust Parvati anymore and she said she doesn't trust Alexis or Natalie. All they have to do is vote 4 against Cirie and go to a tiebreaker vs. her and they'll win. But Jason probably won't trust the 3 people who broke their word and voted against him this week so I doubt it'll happen.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 04-17-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #242
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I don't like Cirie, but I do have to hand it to her.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #243
Brownkeg8
Mascot

wonder if there was any chance Ozzy may have mentioned to Amanda before they went to council where he hid the Idol just in case.
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #244
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownkeg8 View Post
wonder if there was any chance Ozzy may have mentioned to Amanda before they went to council where he hid the Idol just in case.

I was thinking that. That would be one hell of a tribal council surprise...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #245
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Final 2 this season?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #246
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Final 2 this season?

Probably final 3, since the jury started with 10 people remaining again.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #247
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Whoever said in an earlier post that Cirie was in charge of this tribe was sorely mistaken and should be shot. I correctly said that Ozzy was in charge and from tonight's episode that is certainly the case.

I'm just quoting this because its now right up there with the Chet comments.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #248
Jas_lov
College Starter

You can't be serious. I was refering to the Malakai tribe. You know, the one with Ozzy, Amanda, Chet, Joel, Cirie, Natalie, Ami, and Erik. If you couldn't see that Ozzy was in control of that tribe then you weren't paying attention. And now, they've merged tribes and it's a completely new dynamic based on individual play and not team play. So you've taken my comment out of context, lumped it in with my sarcastic comments about Chet, and we all know that just ain't right. Enough said about that.

I do think Ozzy left the immunity idol at camp. He said tonight that if he felt threatened, he'd put it in his backpack and take it with him and he obviously didn't feel threatened. Did he trust Amanda enough to tell her where it was? I hope so. That'd be awesome if she found it and played it correctly.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 04-17-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #249
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
You can't be serious. I was refering to the Malakai tribe. You know, the one with Ozzy, Amanda, Chet, Joel, Cirie, Natalie, Ami, and Erik. If you couldn't see that Ozzy was in control of that tribe then you weren't paying attention. And now, they've merged tribes and it's a completely new dynamic based on individual play and not team play. So you've taken my comment out of context, lumped it in with my sarcastic comments about Chet, and we all know that just ain't right. Enough said about that.

I do think Ozzy left the immunity idol at camp. He said tonight that if he felt threatened, he'd put it in his backpack and take it with him and he obviously didn't feel threatened. Did he trust Amanda enough to tell her where it was? I hope so. That'd be awesome if she found it and played it correctly.

What exactly was Ozzy ever in charge of? Maybe the stuff that happens around camp, but he was never a strong social player nor did he ever have a plan. Not in this season nor at Cook Islands. He's the best player in survivor history as far as challenges go, but Cirie has outplayed him in every area other than the challenges.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #250
Jas_lov
College Starter

He was in control of that tribe and you know it. He had Amanda wrapped around his finger and then Erik after they saved him. You said Cirie was in control of the tribe and I called you out on it. She was a part of the alliance, but Ozzy was in control of it. And once again, that was when it was based on team play. Do you understand the difference? In team play, you usually want to hang on to your strong players so you can win. In individual play, you usually want to get rid of the strong players so you can win. Am I the only one here who has ever watched Survivor before?

Ozzy was outplayed by Cirie AFTER the merge. The target on Ozzy's back was just too big. I believe my comment was made BEFORE the merge and was taken out of context, but I accept your apology.