Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #201
MJ4H
Coordinator

More ignorance.

A) These problems are not Petrino's. He's fixing the shambles Nutt left here, not causing it.
B) Most people have no idea what really happened when Petrino was hired and left Atlanta and believe the BS spin ESPN put out. His record of changing jobs before that wasn't any worse than an average coordinator, which is what he was in most of his job changes.

Last edited by MJ4H : 09-27-2008 at 04:57 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #202
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
ignorance of the real situation, frankly

Piece of walking e coli like Petrino getting a small portion of what he so richly deserves, frankly.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #203
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Piece of walking e coli like Petrino getting a small portion of what he so richly deserves, frankly.

Yes, he deserves it because the Falcon organization shit all over him. You got it.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #204
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
More ignorance.

Ignorance? Petrino came to Atlanta, gutted the team, and cut and run. You hired a piece of crap, plain and simple. Not ignorant at all, but you every definitely fan-blind. Sorry for your teams bad desicion. I'll see you in a couple of years when he leaves you guys high and dry as well.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #205
MJ4H
Coordinator

I'm going to love it when he is trouncing the SEC in a few years.

(or I'm going to be really depressed if he's not)

but you guys just really pile on him unfairly without knowing what the hell is going on. Really.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #206
GrantDawg

Quote:
Yes, he deserves it because the Falcon organization shit all over him. You got it.

Ignorance.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #207
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ignorance? Petrino came to Atlanta, gutted the team, and cut and run. You hired a piece of crap, plain and simple. Not ignorant at all, but you every definitely fan-blind. Sorry for your teams bad desicion. I'll see you in a couple of years when he leaves you guys high and dry as well.

Look, I make no apology for his performance in the NFL. It happens all the time that a college coach tries the NFL and finds it's not for him. Of course he cut and run. He even got approval from the Falcons to discuss the opening at Arkansas. But when Vick was sentenced, the Falcons decided they had to fight him to avoid bad PR and the shitstorm followed.

And no, I'm not fan-blind. I just know we got a good coach who got shit on by the Falcons on his way out of a bad decision.

If he leaves us high and dry, I'll be right here cursing him with you, but I don't believe he will.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #208
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Houston Nutt beat Florida today while Bobby Petrino is getting what he deserves. The man is human garbage.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #209
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Ignorance.

Well-documented.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #210
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think he'll leave Arkansas high and dry. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll wind up the other way around. Well, maybe not high and dry....but out of a job.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 09-27-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh goodie, we can revisit this again.

How about we save some time and skip straight to the part where Petrino and any person who supports him or his actions, can go fuck themselves and then burn in hell while watching an endless loop of Hawgfucker "highlights" for all eternity. You can then supply a pathetic attempt to justify the inexcusable and reveal yourself yet again as a worthless excuse for a human being just like your recently purchased hero and the cycle can be completed.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #212
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
Houston Nutt beat Florida today while Bobby Petrino is getting what he deserves. The man is human garbage.

Houston Nutt beat Florida with a team with 10x the talent he left Arkansas. That's what recruiting does for a team. Houston did the same thing at Arkansas. Took a team that Danny Ford built and nearly won a NC with them. Then was bad to mediocre for the next 10 years with one really good year that should've been better because of freakish talent. Hell, Matt Jones's legs alone extended his stay at Arkansas 5 years.

What you see now, is the way it's been at Arkansas behind that curtain of 3 or 4 hugely talented players we've been lucking into. Now that Nutt has ran off the next crop of them that might've saved his job (including Malzahn who is setting things on fire in Tulsa), the world gets to see what is left. It isn't like Petrino is a bad coach. If you think that, you really are ignorant. Some of the people that know the best talk about him very highly. But there is nothing here to work with but freshmen that Petrino himself mostly brought in when he started. We all know that it will be rough this year and maybe next.

We also know this program is finally rid of Houston Nutt and will be allowed to grow.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #213
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

How about we save some time and skip straight to the part where Petrino and any person who supports him or his actions, can go fuck themselves and then burn in hell while watching an endless loop of Hawgfucker "highlights" for all eternity. You can then supply a pathetic attempt to justify the inexcusable and reveal yourself yet again as a worthless excuse for a human being just like your recently purchased hero and the cycle can be completed.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Let's calm down here.

So you disagree with MJ4H's defense of Petrino. That's cool, but attacking him personally for it is not cool.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #214
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:

How about we skip to the part where you can just go fuck yourself you worthless piece of shit?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #215
GrantDawg

Quote:
Well-documented.

That the Falcon showered him with money, gave him control, and he pissed off his players, lied to the owner, and left? Yup, very well documented.

Ask Louisville. Ask Tommy Tubberville. He is trash, and you are stuck with him until he cuts and runs on you for another job he "really" wanted.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #216
MJ4H
Coordinator

And again the people saying Petrino is human garbage usually base it on how he left the Falcons, which was mostly the Falcons' fault, not his.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #217
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

LOL I love southern football drama....It's like watching a dysfunctional family Christmas dinner.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #218
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
That's cool, but attacking him personally for it is not cool.

Whatever.

Futilely attempting to defend the indefensible a signifcant character flaw & that has been made quite clear. Petrino literally isn't worth the price of the bullet it would take to kill him & I feel exactly the same way about anyone who defends his actions, they're just as big a piece of shit as he is and have earned the exact same scorn.

The only positive thing that will ever be associated with Petrino is someday reading his obituary.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #219
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
That the Falcon showered him with money, gave him control, and he pissed off his players, lied to the owner, and left? Yup, very well documented.

Ask Louisville. Ask Tommy Tubberville. He is trash, and you are stuck with him until he cuts and runs on you for another job he "really" wanted.

No, the promised him control and didn't give it to him. Sure he pissed off the players because they don't respond well, as pros, to his style of coaching which is more suited to college. This happens all the time.

Again, he asked for permission to talk to Arkansas about their job, Blank admitted the job was a lot different than when he took it and gave his blessing. Then Vick was sentenced, and Blank decided to fight him coming to Arkansas and wound up shitting all over him for making the correct decision for everyone involved.

I get it that you don't like him. We do and are happy to be stuck with him.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #220
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Whatever.

Futilely attempting to defend the indefensible a signifcant character flaw & that has been made quite clear. Petrino literally isn't worth the price of the bullet it would take to kill him & I feel exactly the same way about anyone who defends his actions, they're just as big a piece of shit as he is and have earned the exact same scorn.

The only positive thing that will ever be associated with Petrino is someday reading his obituary.

you stay classy
Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #221
GrantDawg

Quote:
And again the people saying Petrino is human garbage usually base it on how he left the Falcons, which was mostly the Falcons' fault, not his.

Oh, God. Where do I sign up to get mistreat like the Falcons mistreat him? I want to be mistreated like that regularly.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #222
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

That's pretty funny.

Last edited by Logan : 09-27-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #223
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, God. Where do I sign up to get mistreat like the Falcons mistreat him? I want to be mistreated like that regularly.

Check with Pumpy, I hear he likes that sort of thing
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #224
GrantDawg

Quote:
No, the promised him control and didn't give it to him. Sure he pissed off the players because they don't respond well, as pros, to his style of coaching which is more suited to college. This happens all the time.

Again, he asked for permission to talk to Arkansas about their job, Blank admitted the job was a lot different than when he took it and gave his blessing. Then Vick was sentenced, and Blank decided to fight him coming to Arkansas and wound up shitting all over him for making the correct decision for everyone involved.

You have some very strange time-lines there. Good luck with the asshole. I promise you'll be calling him that in a couple of years just like every other team that has been suckered into hiring him.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #225
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
That's pretty funny.

It's also true. Do you know what really happened or just what the Falcon players and PR told everyone? That's sure as hell all you'll get from ESPN and most media.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #226
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
You have some very strange time-lines there. Good luck with the asshole. I promise you'll be calling him that in a couple of years just like every other team that has been suckered into hiring him.

I hope not, but I'd be happy to back up that timeline with actual quotes and stories from people intimately involved if you'd like.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #227
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Um... I have to disagree with you here.

I'm not happy with him the way we've played thus far this year. New coach or not, new system or not, ton of freshmen or not, we shouldn't have to struggle to come from behind to beat freaking Western Illinois and UL-Monroe.

And I -hate- the way he's all smiles whenever they show him on the screen as we're getting our asses kicked.

He should be pissed off or at least grim when we're getting beat down like that. I'm fast losing respect for him.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #228
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I've always wanted to see Arkansas succeed. I've always had a soft spot for them from my far removed perch. Might've been my ex-girlfriend who grew up in Arkansas...might've been me rooting for the basketball team to beat evil UCLA back in the mid 90's..

...but, I was disappointed when they hired Petrino. This was Arkansas football. The only game in the whole damn state. SEC football. They had to hire that re-tread from...LOUISVILLE!?!? Add to that the whole lack of integrity, and it was just sad.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #229
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I've always wanted to see Arkansas succeed. I've always had a soft spot for them from my far removed perch. Might've been my ex-girlfriend who grew up in Arkansas...might've been me rooting for the basketball team to beat evil UCLA back in the mid 90's..

...but, I was disappointed when they hired Petrino. This was Arkansas football. The only game in the whole damn state. SEC football. They had to hire that re-tread from...LOUISVILLE!?!? Add to that the whole lack of integrity, and it was just sad.

Always sort of liked them as well. Sad, really. But don't worry, it won't take long before he is gone.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #230
MJ4H
Coordinator

When I have the time, I'll catch you up on all the shit you've missed in our football program over the last few years.

Look I'm not thrilled either, but Nutt absolutely gutted this team and it is going to take some time to fix this mess.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #231
GrantDawg

Quote:
When I have the time, I'll catch you up on all the shit you've missed in our football program over the last few years.

Look I'm not thrilled either, but Nutt absolutely gutted this team and it is going to take some time to fix this mess.

Who the hell is defending Nutt?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #232
MJ4H
Coordinator

Hmm, nobody asked for the sources? Really? Just got right back to trashing him. Yeah, that's what I figured. OK, carry on.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #233
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Houston Nutt beat Florida with a team with 10x the talent he left Arkansas. That's what recruiting does for a team. Houston did the same thing at Arkansas. Took a team that Danny Ford built and nearly won a NC with them. Then was bad to mediocre for the next 10 years with one really good year that should've been better because of freakish talent. Hell, Matt Jones's legs alone extended his stay at Arkansas 5 years.

What you see now, is the way it's been at Arkansas behind that curtain of 3 or 4 hugely talented players we've been lucking into.

First: Nutt didn't recruit talent, he just inherited some

Second: No, wait, Nutt recruited freakish talent but didn't do enough with it

Third: No, wait, Nutt lucked into that freakish talent

Yea, you aren't a blind fan at all. Nutt was an ass, and an ass that does a good job and acts like an ass probably should be fired sooner or later. But he was a good coach that for the most part had Arkansas performing at the type of level most objective observers would expect them to perform at.

SEC coaches with less talent than Arkansas has right now have done more than Petrino. Petrino has his team just playing dead.

Last edited by Tigercat : 09-27-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #234
GrantDawg

Quote:
Hmm, nobody asked for the sources? Really? Just got right back to trashing him. Yeah, that's what I figured. OK, carry on.

Read all sides already. He is shit. End of story.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #235
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post

QFT. I hope Arkansas doesn't have winning season while he's the coach. Hell, I hope they go longer than that in suckitude for hiring the piece of shit.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #236
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Who the hell is defending Nutt?

Well, I wasn't responding to anyone defending Nutt. I was explaining to him why our team is a shambles now.

But, someone earlier sure was touting Nutt by pointing out how he beat Florida today (with someone else's talent, with Florida fumbling what 30 times, and a week after losing to Vanderbilt--BOY DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR). Houston Nutt is far more despicable to most of us than Bobby Petrino.

I know that's hard for a lot of people outside of Arkansas to grasp since Nutt brought little old Arkansas a .500 conference record!!!!! but it's true.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #237
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
QFT. I hope Arkansas doesn't have winning season while he's the coach. Hell, I hope they go longer than that in suckitude for hiring the piece of shit.

What did he do (in a nutshell)? I'm lazy and don't want to read the last 2 pages.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #238
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Read all sides already. He is shit. End of story.

Really? Then why didn't you know those things already?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #239
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Naw, I'm think anybody can be fooled by a salesman every once in awhile. I just hope they get wise and fire him.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #240
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, the InCrompetence continues for the Vols.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #241
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

ECU getting thrashed at home by Houston....so West Virginia probably just isn't very good.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 09-27-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #242
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
What did he do (in a nutshell)? I'm lazy and don't want to read the last 2 pages.

What pissed most people off is he left Atlanta with 3 games to go in the season by getting on a plane in the middle of the night and leaving a note in the players' lockers apologizing. A lot of people also hold ill-will towards him for trying to get in the door at Auburn while he was at Louisville, I guess.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #243
Schmidty
Coordinator

Uh oh. UM might have life.

I hope to God that they don't.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #244
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Houston is beating ECU 38-17 in Greenville, putting the final nail in the coffin of ECU being an "elite" team this year.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #245
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Michigan is back in this thing, 19-14!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #246
MJ4H
Coordinator

Here's a good transcript of an interview with a sports agent that was involved in Petrino's hiring, if anyone is interested. Most people don't know any of this about what actually happened.

Sporting News - Your expert source for MLB Baseball, NFL Football, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and Fantasy Sports scores, blogs, and articles
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #247
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
What pissed most people off is he left Atlanta with 3 games to go in the season by getting on a plane in the middle of the night and leaving a note in the players' lockers apologizing. A lot of people also hold ill-will towards him for trying to get in the door at Auburn while he was at Louisville, I guess.

Holy shit. How did I not know that?

That's terrible if true.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #248
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

...and Texas scores again.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #249
GrantDawg

Quote:
Really? Then why didn't you know those things already?

What "things?" That I don't believe the master-salesman's story? That he can get those he sold to defend him?

Look, you have to have hope because it is your team. I understand and feel bad for you. I'll talk to you in a couple of years when your ready to hate him as well.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #250
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
How did I not know that?

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Right?