I was thinking more of the following information:

FOFC Name
Albatross 18 Username
Level

Then a section for individual course records for each of the courses:
North Wiz
Blue Lagoon
Blue Water

Then a couple of other things might be cool to post, such as Hole-in-One totals, trophies. We could always add things later.

This is rough, but something like this:
Code:
FOFC Name UserName Level North Wiz Blue Lagoon Blue Water HIOS Trophies Vince VinceFOF RookieA +4 -27 +3 7 4 Wade Moore wademoore RookieB -17 +4 -14 16 6

We could everything on the honor system. People could go in and enter their scores/data when something changes. I think that the key would be having something that doesn't have so much information that it takes forever to do, or requires constant updating. Something like this you'd only change when you beat a personal record on a course, or get a hole-in-one, etc.

Gotcha. If I have time, I'll play with that today, I like the idea ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #202
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sounds great. I'm still waiting for my Google Spreadsheets email so I can't do anything yet.

I reformatted the table so that it makes a bit more sense. All the courses aren't included, of course, but I think you get the idea.

Code:
FOFC Name UserName Level North Wiz Blue Lagoon Blue Water HIOS Trophies Vince VinceFOF RookieA -27 +3 +7 4 7 Wade Moore wademoore RookieB -17 +4 -14 16 6
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #203
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Sounds great. I'm still waiting for my Google Spreadsheets email so I can't do anything yet.

I reformatted the table so that it makes a bit more sense. All the courses aren't included, of course, but I think you get the idea.

Code:
FOFC Name UserName Level North Wiz Blue Lagoon Blue Water HIOS Trophies Vince VinceFOF RookieA -27 +3 +7 4 7 Wade Moore wademoore RookieB -17 +4 -14 16 6

Send me your e-mail address and I'll get you in right away and you can load up what you already have ..

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #204
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

makes a whole lot of sense that way, at least keep all the users in a list on one place, then whoever wants to update their stuff can go and do it, but at least having a list of who from FOFC is playing and what their albatross18 name is would be nice...

And I agree that it would be fairly easy to update, like only whenever you break a record and/or do a hole-in-one, which in my case may be never

I actually had my first ever chip-in in my tourney yesterday. Only from 22 yards out but still was nice to see the ball go in

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #205
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Rough Google spreadsheet is up for personal course records/hole-in-ones/trophies.

Send me (or wade, I think) your email address for an invite to add your scores, etc.

Got to get me a hole-in-one...nothing yet.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-09-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #206
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Dola...

Well, I did it. I bought the Air Lance II clubs and the Cop Bob package. Comes with police shoes, pants, and a shirt. Got 100 cookies left over for later. $19.95.

Now I need about a billion pang to upgrade all the empty slots on this stuff. First, I'm going to see how he plays without any slots upgraded. I think I can upgrade about 8 slots at the moment, and there are about 15 or so to upgrade.

Need more pang. Must have more pang...

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-09-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #207
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Dola...

Well, I did it. I bought the Air Lance II clubs and the Cop Bob package. Comes with police shoes, pants, and a shirt. Got 100 cookies left over for later. $19.95.

Now I need about a billion pang to upgrade all the empty slots on this stuff. First, I'm going to see how he plays without any slots upgraded. I think I can upgrade about 8 slots at the moment, and there are about 15 or so to upgrade.

Need more pang. Must have more pang...

I'll be interested in reading some kind of review about him, especially compared to Scout...

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #208
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
The bottom two photos on this page link to videos on new courses that are already out in the Japanese version of the game. One of them looks to be aboard an aircraft carrier:
http://www.pangya.jp/fan_movie.aspx

The second to last one has a few funny Japanese English quotes in it:
"They came to here to rule the wind."
"Remember what they whisper about the wind."
"Then nature and you became the one."
"Challenge Yourself to the Nature!"

Those Japanese just crack me up.

I wanted to make a few comments on video #6 on that page...
- yeah, the translations are hilarious
- I want to be able to do a Happy Gilmore kind of shot with the driver, i.e. take three steps before taking a swing at the ball
- while the 14yo female character seems annoying as all hell, the older female characters, especially in that video, have some cute, sometimes well endowed and bouncy breastesses

Speaking of the female character, reminds me of earlier this week when I played with a stranger who had the second female character. I thought she was a lady until it was revealed, or at least he told us that he was playing with his wife's character because he found her cuter than his dude character. That cracked me up

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #209
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Ok I was able to edit the spreadsheet and put my number up. I've only done one 18 so that's all I had to add for now.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #210
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Initial reaction to Bob...

I had 22,000 pang, and spent it on upgrading the stats on the clubs and some of the slots that come with Bob's clothes. Still, I was only able to upgrade maybe 6 or 7 slots before I ran out of pang. My next control upgrade will cost 6,000 pang. Eeek.

So, the bottom line is that there is a ways to go before Bob reaches his potential.

Playing with Scout and the regular clubs, I was:
Power = 15; Control = 17; Accur = 10; Spin = 5; Curve = 5

Bob's got so much power that he quickly goes into the penalty with power (for every point over 20, you lose a point of control and accuracy). I made the mistake of pushing his power to 22, and he was tricky to control in a match against Lonnie.

If I take his shirt off, I can get this now:
Power = 20; Control = 19; Accur = 9; Spin = 7; Curve = 5

This is much better than before, and there is room to improve all the figures even more.

Still, I'm starting to think that buying Kooh might have been a smarter move. She has much more control, and I think is probably easier hit pangya with. With Bob, the high power makes makes an item wasted, at least for the time being for me. Maybe as I get better, I can move up the power a bit more.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-09-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #211
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Anyone up for a quick round? (6-3)

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-09-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #212
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out and about.

GB How the hell did you reach 22k pangya. I'm seriously lacking in the Pangya category.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #213
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
I'm out and about.

GB How the hell did you reach 22k pangya. I'm seriously lacking in the Pangya category.

Walking my personal best scores down during tournaments helped the most. I'm up to -7 on Blue Lagoon, and I've pretty much done it in one shot increments. Each time you break a personal record on a course and score under par, you get 1,000 pang. So basically I try to get under par by a few shots, then mess up the last couple of holes to finish just one shot better than my previous best.

I should be out and about in a couple of hours.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-09-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #214
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Initial reaction to Bob...

I had 22,000 pang, and spent it on upgrading the stats on the clubs and some of the slots that come with Bob's clothes. Still, I was only able to upgrade maybe 6 or 7 slots before I ran out of pang. My next control upgrade will cost 6,000 pang. Eeek.

So, the bottom line is that there is a ways to go before Bob reaches his potential.

Playing with Scout and the regular clubs, I was:
Power = 15; Control = 17; Accur = 10; Spin = 5; Curve = 5

Bob's got so much power that he quickly goes into the penalty with power (for every point over 20, you lose a point of control and accuracy). I made the mistake of pushing his power to 22, and he was tricky to control in a match against Lonnie.

If I take his shirt off, I can get this now:
Power = 20; Control = 19; Accur = 9; Spin = 7; Curve = 5

This is much better than before, and there is room to improve all the figures even more.

Still, I'm starting to think that buying Kooh might have been a smarter move. She has much more control, and I think is probably easier hit pangya with. With Bob, the high power makes makes an item wasted, at least for the time being for me. Maybe as I get better, I can move up the power a bit more.

Similarly, I just plunked down for 420 cookies as well. I got the Tennis guy with the non-motorcycle dude outfit. I also bought the Air Lance II Clubs and one of the Phoenixes. Combined with Air Lance II, I'm already at 22 power as well. Without the shoes (+2 Power), I have 20 Power, 19 Control, 12 Accuracy, 2 Spin, 4 Curve. I've only bought an upgrade in Control once, so I have quite a bit of room for improvement. Lacking in the spin and curve categories is a pain though, and there isn't much room for improvement there...I didn't think about that before I picked this guy. That being said, the 244 yard driving ability with my shoes on is a nice bonus, faster bar and all. Just finished a quick 9 with Glengoyne, and even managed to hit a Tomahawk with him.

Not sure how I'll take him from here, but I'm excited about the prospects.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 06-09-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #215
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Similarly, I just plunked down for 420 cookies as well. I got the Tennis guy with the non-motorcycle dude outfit. I also bought the Air Lance II Clubs and one of the Phoenixes. Combined with Air Lance II, I'm already at 22 power as well. Without the shoes (+2 Power), I have 20 Power, 19 Control, 12 Accuracy, 2 Spin, 4 Curve. I've only bought an upgrade in Control once, so I have quite a bit of room for improvement. Lacking in the spin and curve categories is a pain though, and there isn't much room for improvement there...I didn't think about that before I picked this guy. That being said, the 244 yard driving ability with my shoes on is a nice bonus, faster bar and all. Just finished a quick 9 with Glengoyne, and even managed to hit a Tomahawk with him.

Not sure how I'll take him from here, but I'm excited about the prospects.

Cool. I think you can really crank on Tennis guy with the power. Be interesting to see how he plays for you.

Initially, I was thinking that accuracy wasn't that important, but I'm starting to rethink that. I noticed with the reduced accuracy in my last round that a slight miss with Bob resulted in a greater width miss than compared with that of Scout. In other words, a slight miss of Pangya with Scout might sent the ball 2 yards to the left of its intended course, but the same miss with Bob might send the ball 4-6 yards left because of his reduced accuracy. I think I'm going to put my next points into accuracy.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #216
Vince
Pro Starter

I noticed that Accuracy could be a major problem...when I hit the tomahawk with Glengoyne, I had a margin of error that was about the size of the pangya bar to either side. I got REAL lucky I'm tempted to just pump the hell out of his power for kicks.

Also, how do I find the spreadsheet on Google Spreadsheet? I'm already signed in, I just need to find it.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #217
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

good discussions guys. I won't buy anything right now, but I'm seriously thinking about it and your talks here will help me a lot...

GB, you're saying that a difference of one point of accuracy (from 10 to 9 as I understand) makes that much difference between a good and bad shot from Scout to Bob? Interesting...

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #218
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

oh, and I'm about to log in, see ya there

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #219
wade moore
lolzcat

Looks like a ton of guys on. I setup a room on crux, like normal the room is FOFC and password is Jim.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #220
Vince
Pro Starter

Damn, and I have to leave. Bummer.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #221
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
good discussions guys. I won't buy anything right now, but I'm seriously thinking about it and your talks here will help me a lot...

GB, you're saying that a difference of one point of accuracy (from 10 to 9 as I understand) makes that much difference between a good and bad shot from Scout to Bob? Interesting...

FM

When I played with Bob, I had his power jacked up to 22, which would have dropped his accuracy from 9 to 7. So I was playing with a three-point difference. I might just have been playing sloppy, but it was hard for me to get approach shots close to the green. I'm usually within 10 yards, and most of mine this afternoon fell within 10-20.

I'll get a better sense for things when I play with Bob again tonight. I've taken his cop shirt off to get his power down to 20.

It may partly have been an adjustment to the different club lengths, though. I've only played with 230 for a driver range, so I was developing a good feel for where to stop the distance to get anything from 190-230. The rounds I played now were with a driver than can hit 244, so my "feel" for distance was a bit messed up.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #222
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

good explanation GB, thanks for all the info. I'm leaning toward Car Salesman Bob, err Executive Bob Seems he got a bit more accuracy than Cop Bob...

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #223
wade moore
lolzcat

Was about to play an 18 holer with Froggie when I got a phone call and had to run .. so I probably won't be playing anymore tonight...

Quote:
Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #224
Terps
College Prospect

I gave in too. Bought the Air Lance II's and Max with his tennis outfit.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #225
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Nice, Terps! We're getting a cotingent of non-Scouts.

Quote:
good explanation GB, thanks for all the info. I'm leaning toward Car Salesman Bob, err Executive Bob Seems he got a bit more accuracy than Cop Bob...

FM

Yeah, if I were to buy Bob again, I'd probably go the executive route.

Played 18 with Frogman just now. Bob helped quite a bit. I'd say he picked up two/three shots on distance over Scout over the round.

Thanks for playing tonight, Frogman.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-09-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #226
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

too bad you couldn't play wade, but it was fun playing with GodzillaBob

And it convince me too, got myself a car salesman Bob, or should I say Pilot Bob, as with his Aviators glasses, he looks much more like an airliner pilot Also got him the Air Lance 2 clubs.

I practiced a bit with him and I think that maybe the Aviators glasses were a mistake. They add +1 to accuracy and +1 to accuracy potential, but I think Bob is lacking in the control department, as his power bar is moving much faster than Scout's bar used to move, making it much tougher to Pangya. Anyway, in hope that this may help somebody here, here's a comparative of both character, as they show up for now:

Bob
clubs
character
total
potential
Power
7/1
12/2
Control
5/7
9/3
Accuracy
4/3
7/1
Spin
1/2
5/0
Curve
3/1
2/0

Scout
clubs
character
total
potential
Power
6/0
10/0
Control
6/1
11/0
Accuracy
4/1
6/0
Spin
3/0
2/0
Curve
3/0
2/0

The xx/yy figures represent current/room to grow figures.

Bob is with the whole executive set, Air Lance 2 clubs, the generic ball and Aviators sunglasses.

Scout is the bland version with Tiger Sharks shoes as the only extra (+1 power I think).

See the more control is what makes me think that it's what drive the speed of the power ball, meaning that's how well he controls his swing, if that makes any sense. I don't remember any item that would add control, but Bob's got tons of room to grow in that respect, so that's probably where I'll invest the next Pang I'll earn

Right now, I'm left with 4 cookies in my account, as the Aviators sunglasses cost me 96 cookies...

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #227
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok... I couldn't fall asleep, so I'm up now and lookin' to play.. I see 3 of you are in a game together, and a bunch more on... so, hopefully I can find someone to play...

Quote:
Old 06-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #228
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

found a pretty neat character simulator on their forum:
http://www.albatross18.com/new/commu...orum.asp?id=10

check it out, it will tell you how good your character can be...

FM
Old 06-09-2006, 11:36 PM   #229
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

reading on their forum about hitting Pangya, it seems it's whole lot about control...

Here's a post:
Quote:
Step 1: Make sure nothing is running in the background. Even TINY CPU use will cause the bar to be jumpy. Remember, you're not in Linux - Windows can't multitask.

Step 2: If you're using a wireless keyboard, get a wired keyboard.

Step 3: Get 28-29 control.

Step 4: Lay off the coffee.

See step 3...

and then this one:
Quote:
Get a feel for the rhythm of your bar. Also, try other keyboards. A good keyboard will feel solid, and will consistently click when you press. Sometimes USB or special "silent" keyboards won't register right, or will register late/early.

Get a control rating you feel comfortable at, and stick with it. For me, my comfort zone is the 19-22 range, obviously it differs for other people. I've tried high control (~28) and I hated it, but for some people, it's great. Some people (like me) react better with a faster bar, it's just a personal preference.

the thread is:
http://www.albatross18.com/new/commu...orum.asp?id=10
Old 06-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #230
Terps
College Prospect

My first tourney after upgrading to Max and I shot a -10 at Blue Lagoon.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #231
wade moore
lolzcat

ok, getting a glitch in my connection on the 16th hole SUCKS...

Sorry GB ...

Quote:
Old 06-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #232
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

No problem, Wade. Thanks for playing. Was fun. Did you get your experience for playing the 16?

FrogMan,

Nice analysis. One thing, with Papel as a caddy we get another point of control.

There's also an accuracy charm that rookies have. Not sure how much it helps, or how much we'll miss it when we move up.

And rumor has it that when you graduate from rookie to beginner you get another point of power.

Having Bob helps a ton. I didn't feel like I hit well tonight, but even so Bob allowed me to play about as well as I ever played on Blue Lagoon. The extra ten yards of distance takes a lot of the water out of play.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:25 AM   #233
Terps
College Prospect

Finished up a tourney on North Wiz, shot -8. Finished 6th out of around 25.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #234
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Finished up a tourney on North Wiz, shot -8. Finished 6th out of around 25.

Nice! IronMan has arrived. Way to go.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #235
Radii
Head Coach

I got my first level up to Rookie E, played 3 6 hole rounds with a number of you guys, and then played two tourneys, lots and lots of golf last night, fun game. I shot +3 on a AA course and finished it with about 30 seconds to go in my first tourney, and shot -3 on Blue Lagoon in my second. I should have done better but I had one horrid hole where I went in the water twice misjudging a shot.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #236
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
I got my first level up to Rookie E, played 3 6 hole rounds with a number of you guys, and then played two tourneys, lots and lots of golf last night, fun game. I shot +3 on a AA course and finished it with about 30 seconds to go in my first tourney, and shot -3 on Blue Lagoon in my second. I should have done better but I had one horrid hole where I went in the water twice misjudging a shot.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Had a fun night tonight. The Air Lance II Clubs help so much. I've got control up to 21 now, and accuracy at 10 or 11 (I forget which). So much easier to place shots now, and the extra ten yards of distance from Bob really helps on quite a few holes.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #237
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Going back and forth on slapping down 20 bucks and buying a character set (and a few other things).

Problem is, Bob (who would be my first choice) looks fucking retarded.

okay, thought I'd comment on this, now that I've got Bob. I mean, look at him:

All dressed up like that, with the nice Aviators shades, Bob means business

I even got him quite a few nicknames:
Executive Bob (the name of his set as given by the game)
Used car salesman Bob (doesn't he look like one?)
Roberto (gotta assume it's his real Italian name)
Hitman Bob (based on his assumed Italian heritage)
Men In Black Bob (given by my wife)
Airline pilot Bob (I mean, he's got the Aviators shades)
Chauffeur/bodyguard Bob (he's got the suit and the attitude)

I like Bob, he's a bit of a hot temper at times, throwing the putter when he bogeys a hole, but in that sense, we're a bit alike, so I can't fault him.

I've not been able to upgrade his control as much as GodzillaBlitz has so I'm still struggling a bit to hit Pangya, but I'm getting a hang of it. Using them nerve stabilizer pills has helped me when I wanted to hit a tomahawk shot and I've done it a few times. Kinda rewarding to see the big boom and the fire

Not much of a chance I'll today (during the day) but should be online tonight, see ya all then.

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #238
Terps
College Prospect

Just got done shooting a -13 and leveled to Beginner E!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #239
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Just got done shooting a -13 and leveled to Beginner E!

Wow. You are far better than me. I'm Rookie B and haven't gotten anywhere CLOSE to that score.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #240
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Wow. You are far better than me. I'm Rookie B and haven't gotten anywhere CLOSE to that score.

my thoughts exactly, best ever on any course is -1 and it was on Blue Lagoon, although I gotta say that I was at -3 with a 10 feet putt for par on the 18th when I pulled the GodzillaBlitz strategy and ended with a double bogey to get my 1000 pang with the most chance of beating it soon

Play a tourney on Sepia Wind for the first time this afternoon and finished at +1 although I was at -1 with one hole to play and I double bogeyed it, bleh. Even better, while I usually have a tough time finishing tourneys in the usual 35 minutes, this one had a 40 minutes limit and I finished it with 6:15 left. I guess time won't be such a problem when I shot par or better regularly on any course... Oh, I also nailed two tomahawk in that round, one my second shot of a par five to secure an eagle with one putt

GO BOB!!!

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #241
Vince
Pro Starter

Yeah, I'm up to Beginner E as well with Max (I think that's the Tennis dude's name). "Walking up" my scores in tournaments (making sure I only beat my previous best by one stroke) is a great way to get pang, and is helping me upgrade my clubs and character quicker than before. I've already gone through more than 100 holes since I bought Max, though, so I'm out of my Phoenixes already. I'm going to miss that bonus pang with every pangya shot.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #242
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just had my first hole-in-one!!! WEEHEE!!!! Was on the 6th on Blue Lagoon, had a weird bounce off the fringe and went straight in!

But sometimes I find that I play this game just like I play in real life, that is I find a way to completely screw up one or two holes and it happened again in that tourney. My best score at Blue Lagoon was -1 and I got to the tee at 18 with a score of -4 so I know I need to make at least double bogey, or I'm already thinking "okay, on the green in two, make a couple bogus putts and bingo, 1000 pang!". An OB later, I end up with a 3.67y putt to save double bogey and what do I do? I leave it short.

Another -1, tieing my previous best so the bonus pang was not meant to happen today, bleh...

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #243
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

How about those hard left or right breaking putts?
Makable, but only with some luck.

On FM's HN1, I've have some close calls(who hasn't), but none yet.
A handful of eagles though.

Special shots, none made here. I keep trying, but those arrow keys are tricky.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #244
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Well, you could always screw up a hole like I did last night...

Racing to finish a tournament on Blue Moon, I tee off on the long par five that is shaped like an inverted "C" (I think it's hole #15 or 16). Tee shot goes 230-something to the middle of the fairway. Great. I line up my next shot, looks to fall on the rough in front of the green, so I adjust short to catch a belt of fairway. Bang, straight and true, lands right on the edge of the fairway in front of the green. Get to my third shot, look for the green...hey, where did the green go? I can't see the shaft of light anywhere and it should be right in front of me. I look around, and see it way off in the distance...behind me. D'oh! Instead of hitting my second shot to the green, I had hit it back to the tee.

I also hit the center of the lighthouse on hole #2 later that night playing a quick three. Ball makes some neat sparks, then ricochets into the water.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #245
Radii
Head Coach

I misunderstood the "course record" thing last night. I thought it was only in tournaments, FrogMan and I played 18 holes at Blue Lagoon, and I shot the best I possibly could, shot -10, which was great, but I didn't realize that would count as my new course record. Oops. I still have the other courses to start at -1 on and improve from there to make cash And once I get a lot better I can go up from -10 on Blue Lagoon too I suppose.

The 18 hole round with FM was lots of fun, if you're playing with someone who shoots even relatively quickly, I highly recommend it!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #246
bbor
Pro Starter

Got another HIO yesterday

I still suck horrible though.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #247
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

finally beat that -1 at Blue Lagoon but was so nervous I'd screw it up again, after going from -7 on the 16th tee to -2 on the 18th tee (you read right, that's a double and a triple bogey back to back) that I holed a 15yds putt with some curve without even wanting to, for the birdie and -3 on the round... I'll take it, and the 1000 pang with it

Strange thing though, with these pang, I was able to upgrade Bob's control but when I played next, the power bar seemed to go faster, not slower... Isn't control suppose to steady the bar to make it easier to hit Pangya? At least that's what the nerve stabilizer pills do...

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #248
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Got another HIO yesterday

I still suck horrible though.

watch yourself or people will start calling you a hacker

Aparently some people use a calculator to know exactly where to hit and they can get HIO at will. As I was about to start a tourney tonight, somebody wrote this in the chat:
"just so you know, -forgethisname- is a ******"
"just watch him"

I took a look at -forgethisname-'s profile and damnit, he had 200 holes-in-one!!!

I don't even want to know the trick, I'm having fun with the bad way I can screw up a round every now and again

FM
Old 06-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #249
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
watch yourself or people will start calling you a hacker

Aparently some people use a calculator to know exactly where to hit and they can get HIO at will. As I was about to start a tourney tonight, somebody wrote this in the chat:
"just so you know, -forgethisname- is a ******"
"just watch him"

I took a look at -forgethisname-'s profile and damnit, he had 200 holes-in-one!!!

I don't even want to know the trick, I'm having fun with the bad way I can screw up a round every now and again

FM

Agreed. If I get to the point where I can birdie every hole with ease, it may start to lose it's fun for me.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #250
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
The 18 hole round with FM was lots of fun, if you're playing with someone who shoots even relatively quickly, I highly recommend it!

it was indeed a lot of fun as were all the rounds I've played with FOFCers so far. Not sure I'd play a foursome 18 holer as this must be looong, but a quick two man 18 hole with 40 seconds clock runs around an hour and 20 minutes tops which is acceptable and gives lots of exp points.

I've also take to like doing tourneys on my own every once in a while. One thing I need to do when I enter one though is that I turn off the chat. Maybe it's only me, but it takes me off my game reading some nonsense and cheating accusations and such. I'm easily distracted, I don't need their help

FM