Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2003, 01:54 PM   #201
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

If O'Kelly vs Ftxjvv fight is anything like the sparring bouts...it could be a blood bath.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 05:31 AM   #202
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Dangerous (Memphis` Finest) out of Memphis, Tennessee is ftxjyy!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 1 draw, and 0 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Pacho O`Kelly!!

This bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ftxjyy backpedals. (outside)
O`Kelly goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

According to the Commentators:

ftxjyy landed 21 of 50 punches -- 1 power punch, 19 jabs, 1 right. (45 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 11 of 36 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (42 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

The fight is too close to call at this point.

ftxjyy doesn't need to rest.

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

ftxjyy landed 27 of 45 punches -- 1 power punch, 25 jabs, 1 right. (57 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 12 of 36 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (46 points)

ftxjyy won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

ftxjyy is winning the fight 20-19.

ROUND 3

ftxjyy landed 24 of 49 punches -- 1 power punch, 22 jabs, 1 right. (51 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 11 of 35 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (42 points)

ftxjyy is winning the fight 30-28.

ROUND 4

O`Kelly throws everything he's got! (all out)

O`Kelly pummels ftxjyy with a big uppercut to the temple!! The crowd is on its feet!! ftxjyy grimaces in pain.

ftxjyy landed 25 of 47 punches -- 1 power punch, 23 jabs, 1 right. (53 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 11 of 36 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (44 points)

ftxjyy is winning the fight 40-37.

ROUND 5

ftxjyy landed 22 of 53 punches -- 1 power punch, 20 jabs, 1 right. (47 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 15 of 43 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (55 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-9 with power punching.

ftxjyy is winning the fight 49-47.

ftxjyy remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

O`Kelly throws everything he's got! (all out)

O`Kelly jars ftxjyy with a painful hook to the chin!! The crowd is on its feet!! ftxjyy staggers into the ropes!!

ftxjyy landed 19 of 41 punches -- 1 power punch, 17 jabs, 1 right. (41 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 15 of 49 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (56 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-9 by stunning ftxjyy.

ftxjyy is winning the fight 58-57.

ftxjyy remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 7

O`Kelly thinks he's in a wrestling match. (clinching)

ftxjyy landed 28 of 56 punches -- 1 power punch, 26 jabs, 1 right. (59 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 7 of 25 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (28 points)

ftxjyy is winning the fight 68-66.

ftxjyy remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 8

ftxjyy fights from outside. (outside)
O`Kelly feints and fakes. (feinting)

ftxjyy landed 58 of 87 punches -- 1 power punch, 56 jabs, 1 right. (119 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 21 of 45 punches -- 14 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (77 points)

ftxjyy is winning the fight 78-75.

ROUND 9

ftxjyy traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)
O`Kelly is clinching a lot. (clinching)

O`Kelly hits with a roundhouse to the head. ftxjyy stumbles, but remains on his feet! He looks hurt!!

ftxjyy landed 7 of 34 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 18 of 42 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (65 points)

ftxjyy is winning the fight 87-85.

ftxjyy grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 10

ftxjyy traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

O`Kelly pops ftxjyy with a stiff uppercut to the nose. ftxjyy is hurt! He barely keeps his feet under him!

ftxjyy landed 9 of 34 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 19 of 37 punches -- 13 power punches, 0 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)

ftxjyy is winning the fight 96-95.

ftxjyy grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has a serious cut below his left eye. He has bleeding over his left eye. He has a bloody nose.

ROUND 11

O`Kelly is a raging bull! (all out)

O`Kelly wallops ftxjyy with a painful hook to the mouth!! The crowd roars!! ftxjyy seems wobbly!! It looks like he might go down..

ftxjyy landed 12 of 42 punches -- 0 power punches, 12 jabs, 0 right. (24 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 16 of 45 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (57 points)

ftxjyy is obviously tired. He has a gash below his left eye. He has a serious cut over his left eye. He has a bloody nose.

ROUND 12

ftxjyy stays outside and uses his jab. (outside)

O`Kelly jars ftxjyy with a big uppercut to the head!! The crowd roars!!

O`Kelly lands a huge uppercut and ftxjyy is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Pacho O`Kelly wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:53
Old 07-16-2003, 05:35 AM   #203
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Commentary

Jim Lampley - "Once again Pancho looks awesome in a fight against a tough competitor. Even though the fight was tied on the score cards going into the last round, looking at Ftxjvv's face could tell you who was getting the best of their opponent. Pancho repeatedly abused Ftxjvv with unbelievable power punches. I'm actually amazed Ftxjvv remained standing as long as he did. I mean O'Kelly clearly hurt him in the 4th, 6th, 9th, 10th, and 11th before finishing him off in the 12. A nice win for O'Kelly who is already ranked in the top 40 with only 5 fights under his belt."
Old 07-16-2003, 05:37 AM   #204
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Comments

Joe Bagadonuts - "Yes it was a great win for us. We are extremely pleased with O'Kelly's work ethic, heart and abilities. However, we've got to get him to quit eating so much. He is ranked 39 right now in the Super Welterweight division, but unfortunately, we are having a hard time making weight. We may have to move up. We're going to investigate our options before we do anything rash."
Old 07-16-2003, 07:28 PM   #205
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Prefight Assessment

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders (2-1-0) (1/0) vs Trinidad Guerrera (2-1-0) (2/0)

Guerrera is another fighter that comes out hard and throws a lot of big punches early. In his last fight he threw 12 power punches in the first round. However, that number slowly goes down as Guerrera tires. I expect more of the same here. He may be little more cautious, but regardless, he will probably be tired by the 9th or 10th.

Hurricane Saunders has been able to bide his time and take advantage of tiring oponents. He lost his first fight, but since then...Saunders has been very patient and waited for his opening. If he follows that same logic he should be successful this week.

- Predictions -

Jim Lampley - Saunders by KO in the 11th

Jimmy the Greek - I think Guerrera's going to upset Saunders and get the KO in the 3rd.

Larry Merchant - Saunders will win, I think by decission. However, I also think Saunders will knock Guerrera down serveral times.

Teddy Atlas - Saunders is a better conditioned figher, and I think he has more skill. I'll take Saunders with a KO, probably sometime after the 10th.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:56 AM   #206
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Geez- sounds like my third identical fight in a row. Considering two wins in a row, I don't want to change a thing: dance around him to tire him out then hit him hard in the later rounds when he's gasping for air.

Does Hurricane get another $20 dinner if he wins?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-17-2003 at 12:58 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 05:12 AM   #207
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts - "Hey Jimmy....if you win this fight we'll get $320. You know what that means - no more sharing mouthpieces. Plus we'll get you a nice pen where you can keep all your chickens."

...mumbling Mac Aroni says to Joe "I'll give him the money even if he loses to get those Damn chickens out of the gym."
Old 07-17-2003, 05:48 AM   #208
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Prefight Assessment

Les Their Cherries (2-1-0) (2/1) vs Corey "One Punch" Thacker's (2-1-0) (2/1).

Larry Merchant "Thacker is another Heavyweight that likes to end a fight early. He'll come out throwing bombs, but if he doesn't get the KO by the 4th he'll be toast."

"Cherries' stamina is much better than Thackers. In fact, it's even better than when he came into the sport. I expect him to cover up early and attack in the 5th. However, you never know...he might want to go toe to toe from the first bell"

Predictions

Jim Lampley - "Cherries with a 6th round KO."

Jimmy the Greek - "Cherries will absorb some abuse early, but will inflict it late. I see an 8th round KO win for Cherries."

Larry Merchant - "Cherries will use his stamina and finally finsh off Thacker in the 10th."

Teddy Atlas - "People aren't giving Thacker much credit. His one loss was to a Heavyweight from an excellent gym who is currently 3 and 0. I think his early power is dangerous, and I'm not sure Cherries can cover up enough early. I predicting Thacker will get a 3rd round KO."
Old 07-17-2003, 05:58 AM   #209
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Prefight Assessment

Jace Hunter (2-1-0) (2/1) vs GySgt. Hathcock (2-1-0) (2/0).

Teddie Atlas - "This could be an entertaining fight. Unlike most Heavyweight matchups which turn into a ball room dance by the 5th because both fighters are fatigued, both of these fighters are pretty well conditioned. Don't expect the action of the lower weight classes, but don't expect one of the fighters to lay down and catch his breath either."

-- Predictions --

Larry Merchant - "Hathcock will be losing the fight but get the late round KO. I think probably in the 12th."

Jim Lampley - "I think Hunter uses his superior hand speed and jabs Hathcock into submission. Hunter wins by decission. I'm guessing but I'll say 118 to 112."

Jimmy the Greek - "Hathcock is dangerous. Doesn't work hard, but does enough to hurt his opponent. I'm not sold on Hunter. I though he was real good going into his last fight against Anderson, but knowing what Anderson was going to do, and having almost the exact same result as fellow gym fighter Cherries was disappointing. I take Hathcock with a 10th round KO."

Teddie Atlas - "I think Hunter wins. Probably by decission, but he could KO Hathcock in the 11th or 12th."
Old 07-17-2003, 06:10 AM   #210
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Prefight Assesment

Joe Joe O'Kelly (3-1-0) (2/1) vs Darren Ray 5-10-0 (4/8).

Jimmy the Greek - "On paper this looks very much like a mismatch. I mean Ray is 5 and 10 and he's been KOed 8 times. He's probably lucky he doesn't suffer from pugalistic demensia. However, he has won his last 2 fights by KO, and I think he has figured something out."

"O'Kelly is always dangerous. The big guy can deliver the lumber, and he's pretty well conditioned too."

--predictions--

Jimmy the Greek - "I think this will be a much better fight than people expect. I do think O'Kelly wins, probably with an 8th round KO, but Ray will punish O'Kelly before getting clocked."

Jim Lampley - "Please. Ray needs to retire before he gets really hurt. In fact, he might was to consider retirement before he steps in against Joe Joe."

Teddie Atlas - "I think O'Kelly wins by KO in the 10th, but I won't be suprised if Ray catches O'Kelly napping. That 5-10 record is deceiving."

Larry Merchant - "O'Kelly dominates the fight from the opening bell."
Old 07-17-2003, 06:19 AM   #211
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Prefight Assessment

Blade (3-1-0) (3/1) vs Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov's (3-0-0) (1/0)

Jim Lampley - "This is a tough fight for both fighers. Popov is a well conditioned 6'6" 220 lb boxer, and I mean boxer. He can hurt you, but he can also out point you. He comes out of an excellent gym, and is a serious threat to everyone he steps in against."

"Blade has become extremely good at cleaning up lesser oponents late in fights, but this isn't a lesser opponent. Blade will have to pick up his game to get this win. Popov like fellow gym fighter "Anaconda" Anderson is the type of fighter that gives FOFC trainer Joe Bagadonuts trouble."

-- predictions --

Jim Lampley - "Blade is a very good fighter, but I don't think the struggles Joe Bagadonuts has had against these types of fighters can be overlooked. I think it will be entertaining early, but like Cherries and Hunter against Anaconda I think Blade loses by 10th round KO."

Jimmy the Greek - "This Popov kid is the real deal. I think he destined for greatness and Blade is just another step on that journey."

Larry Merchant - "Popov is better right now. I'll take him in a 117 to 113 decission."

Teddie Atlas - "This one is pretty close to call. I think Popov wins though."
Old 07-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #212
Blade
College Prospect

This does not look good for me!

Breeze, it looks like my regular strategy will not work. What do you suggest I do for a fight plan?

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:50 AM   #213
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts pulls Blade aside.

"Son I've got some ideas for the fight tomorrow night. We're going to spar a few times and see what happens.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #214
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts brings all of his fighters together.

"Gentlemen, we have done a great job so far. I've seen drastic improvement from all of you, especially in conditioning. I want to let you know. At any time, if you want to change your training or style of fight, just let me know, and I'll be glad to accomodate you."

"I also wanted to take this time to introduce you to our newest fighter:

Brian "The Butcher" Babson."

Assistant Trainer Mac Aroni - "Man he's another tall figher. I'd guess around 6'4", but boy is he skinny."

Joe - "Babson will be fighting in the cruiserweight division, and will probably have his first fight next Friday."
Old 07-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #215
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Breeze
Joe Bagadonuts pulls Blade aside.

"Son I've got some ideas for the fight tomorrow night. We're going to spar a few times and see what happens.

Sounds good! I am counting on you Joe!

Let me know how the sparring goes...

Old 07-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #216
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Babson looks around the assembled fighters and whips out a huge meat cleaver.

"I hear one of youse likes biting the heads of chickens. I think wese gonna get along just fine."
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:04 PM   #217
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm curious to see the results of the sparring sessions. No need to start a losing streak sticking with my previous strategy, so whatever you think will work here...
Old 07-17-2003, 05:20 PM   #218
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Babson looks around the assembled fighters and whips out a huge meat cleaver.

"I hear one of youse likes biting the heads of chickens. I think wese gonna get along just fine."

Hurricane: "I prefer mine raw or Kentucky Fried. And what do you need that big pointy, shiny thing for?"

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-17-2003 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:20 PM   #219
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Butcher: Well, my trade is with cows, not chickens. It can be tough to fit the whole cow head in your mouth. I do hope to carve up some opponents though...*listens for groans*
Old 07-18-2003, 05:29 AM   #220
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Saunders vs Guerrera

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Victorian Gym out of Marion, Kentucky is Trinidad Guerrera!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 175 pounds (79 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders!!

ROUND 1

Guerrera goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Hurricane is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Trinidad Guerrera landed 8 of 32 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 17 of 44 punches -- 3 power punches, 11 jabs, 3 rights. (43 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 10-9.

Guerrera doesn't need to rest.

Hurricane doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Trinidad Guerrera landed 8 of 40 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 18 of 43 punches -- 3 power punches, 12 jabs, 3 rights. (45 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 20-18.

Guerrera doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Trinidad Guerrera landed 9 of 33 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 19 of 48 punches -- 3 power punches, 13 jabs, 3 rights. (47 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 30-27.

Guerrera remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding below his right eye.

ROUND 4

Hurricane dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Trinidad Guerrera landed 8 of 35 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 19 of 49 punches -- 3 power punches, 13 jabs, 3 rights. (47 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 40-36.

Guerrera remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding below his right eye.

ROUND 5

Trinidad Guerrera landed 7 of 39 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 25 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 15 jabs, 5 rights. (65 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 50-45.

Guerrera grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has bleeding below his right eye.

ROUND 6

Trinidad Guerrera landed 8 of 40 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 22 of 37 punches -- 10 power punches, 2 jabs, 10 rights. (74 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 60-54.

Guerrera is obviously tired. He has bleeding below his right eye.

Hurricane remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 7

Hurricane traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Whoa! Hurricane jars Guerrera with a hard hook to the head! Guerrera backpedals to his own corner.

Hurricane throws a quick roundhouse to the head. Guerrera supports himself on the ropes! He's hurt!!!

Trinidad Guerrera landed 4 of 28 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 22 of 45 punches -- 12 power punches, 0 jabs, 10 rights. (78 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders won the round 10-8 for dominating the round.

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 70-62.

Guerrera looks exhausted. He has a cut below his left eye. He has a serious cut below his right eye. He has bleeding over his left eye. He has a broken tooth.

ROUND 8

Hurricane goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Trinidad Guerrera landed 3 of 35 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders landed 25 of 62 punches -- 9 power punches, 7 jabs, 9 rights. (77 points)

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders is winning the fight 80-71.

Guerrera collapses limply onto his stool. He has swelling around his left eye. He has a serious cut below his left eye. He has a serious cut below his right eye. He has bleeding over his left eye. He has a broken tooth.

ROUND 9

Hurricane is a raging bull! (all out)

Hurricane jars Guerrera with a powerful uppercut to the mouth!! The crowd is on its feet!! Guerrera seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

Hurricane jars Guerrera with a big hook to the jaw!! The crowd is on its feet!! Guerrera supports himself on the ropes! He's hurt!!!

Hurricane lands a devestating right blow to the temple and Guerrera lands flat on his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:07
Old 07-18-2003, 05:33 AM   #221
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Commentary

Teddly Atlas - "What a display by Hurricane Saunders. I expected a win, and a KO, but I thought it would come after the 10th. He so thoroghly distroyed Guerrera that he KOed him in the 9th, and I think he could have gotten him earlier if he had wanted too. Even though he decided to stretch the fight out, he did a nice job of working on some weak parts of his game. I certainly can't say anything bad about Saunders in this one. I mean, he beat up Guerrera so bad he actually broke a tooth through a mouthpiece. That is truely a beating."
Old 07-18-2003, 05:37 AM   #222
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Smokin. Nice bout for Hurricane. Good plan from Bagadonuts.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:41 AM   #223
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

After the fight, the only thing Hurricane had to say was this: "Man, he should have thrown the towel in about four rounds ago so I didn't have to look at that meaty grill of his for another ten minutes" (no one dared to correct his math)

SI

Old 07-18-2003, 07:02 AM   #224
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts - "OK Blade, I want you to go out and throw bombs early. I know this guy has some strength and can hurt you, but I think he's going to try to get an early lead with jabs, and then work your body late. Your sparring partner is going to try that strategy...so let's see."

***Sparring Begins****

Mac Aroni observing "Wow. This is working well."

Joe "Let's see if Blade can hold up throwing this many punches longer than the sparring parter receiving them."

Mac "Man, That was a crushing blow from Blade. And Another, and another, and another, and another, and..."

Joe Interupts "I can see it Mac."

Mac "sorry."

Sparring partner drops like a rock in the 7th.

Joe to Blade. "Nice job son. Let try it against another figher whos a little stronger."

****sparring begins****

Mac, "Joe, this looks the same. Maybe Blade is getting tagged a little more, but for the most part, no difference."

Joe remains silent.

Sparring partner drops in the 8th.

Joe to Blade, "Well, I think we got our fight plan. The only worry we have is if he comes out early and works the body with power punches. If he does that...I think you'll fatigue pretty quick. He's never done that so I would be suprised if he does."

"I want this one kid. I'm tired of losing to Pudge Alisum's boxers."
Old 07-18-2003, 07:24 AM   #225
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Joe's sparring session

***Ding****

Partner drops in the 4th

Joe Bagadonuts "Next."

****Ding****

Partner drops in the 4th

"Next"

Mac Aroni responds "We're out of sparring partners."

Joe "What?"

Mac "Yeah. That's the 6th in a row."

"We hired 10 guys to do this."

"None of them will get in the ring now."

Bagadonuts to Joe Joe, "OK, guess that's all for today. Hit the showers big guy."
Old 07-18-2003, 07:35 AM   #226
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Les Cherries Sparring Session

Mac Aroni, wiping blood from his face, "This is brutal. I haven't seen this much blood since my days fighting in the Korean war."

Joe with a strange look on his face, "You weren't even alive when the Korean was was being faught, and you've never been in the military."

Mac, "You sure?"

Joe, "Yes!" mubling "You've just taken too many shots to the head."

Mac "You sure Cherries is going to be ready to fight after this?"

***PARTNER GOES DOWN IN THE 7th***

Joe, "Sure. Miracles of modern medicine."

Joe to Cherries, "Man your face looks bad, but I want you to go against one more."

****Ding****

Mac "Man, this is going to take forever to clean up."

"Hush, your messing up my concentration."

***PARTNER GOES DOWN IN THE 8th****

Joe to Cherries "Go see the doc about your face. Got to get it healed for tonight."

Mac "This is going to be one brutal fight."

"I know, but it's our best chance of a victory."

"Cherries is going to get pounded."

"The other guy will get pounded worse. Let's hope we get through this one with no major injuries."
Old 07-18-2003, 07:50 AM   #227
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hunter's Sparring Session

Joe "get the smelling salts out."

Mac "again?"

Joe "Just do it!"

Mac "You sure this is a good idea. We've used them 10 times already."

"Who's the Boss here Mac?"

"Tony Danza?"

"Mac, you idiot, wake Hunter up."

A FEW MINUTES LATER

Joe to Hunter "Let's try feinting and counter punching."

***Sparring starts****

Mac, "It's working."

Joe "So far, but it's the 11th and 12th where we are having problems."

Spar ends. Hunter wins.

Joe to Hunter, "Now we are going to try it against a fighter who goes allout in the 11th and 12th.

***Sparring starts*****

Joe, "Mac, you got those smelling salts handy."

Mac, "Not again."

Joe, "MAC!"

"On my way."

A FEW MINUTES LATER

Joe to Hunter "Let's try the same thing, but uping the defense early and attacking in the 11th and 12th."

***SPARRING STARTS****

Mac, "You sure you want to do that?"

Joe "What?"

Mac "Attack in the 11th and 12th? I mean, Hunter already has a big lead by the time the 11th and 12th roll around."

"I know, but having him cover up in the last few rounds isn't working. I hoping that by attacking in the last two, we'll catch the opponent with a clean shot while he leaves himself open by going allout."

SPARRING PARTNER DROPS IN THE 11th

Joe to Mac, "See."

Mac "I'm still not comfortable with this idea."

Joe, "No your not comfortable because you're sitting on a dumbbell. However, I am not completely happy with the fight plan, but I do think it can work. If the opponent doesn't go all out, we should get a decission easy. If he does, hopefully, we'll have enough left to take him out before he takes us out."
Old 07-18-2003, 08:51 AM   #228
Travis
Pro Rookie

Sounds good Breeze, go with the D and lull try to win the early rounds, then drop them late if they get aggressive.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:22 AM   #229
Blade
College Prospect

"Alright Joe, let's use that plan. I think we may have a chance in this one!"

Old 07-21-2003, 05:39 AM   #230
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 177 pounds (80 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 0 draws, and 10 losses fighting for Alleghany Gold out of Hellier, Kentucky is Darren Ray!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 7 inches (201 centimeters) tall weighing in at 291 pounds (132 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Joe Joe O`Kelly!!

ROUND 1

Ray feints and fakes. (feinting)
O`Kelly goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)

Darren Ray landed 30 of 65 punches -- 6 power punches, 18 jabs, 6 rights. (78 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 7 of 19 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)

Darren Ray won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Darren Ray is winning the fight 10-9.

Ray doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Ray feints and fakes. (feinting)
O`Kelly goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)

Darren Ray landed 33 of 63 punches -- 7 power punches, 19 jabs, 7 rights. (87 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 7 of 24 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)

Darren Ray is winning the fight 20-18.

Ray remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 3

Darren Ray landed 18 of 45 punches -- 4 power punches, 10 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 7 of 27 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)

Darren Ray is winning the fight 30-27.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Darren Ray landed 18 of 45 punches -- 4 power punches, 10 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)

Darren Ray is winning the fight 40-36.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Darren Ray landed 25 of 52 punches -- 6 power punches, 13 jabs, 6 rights. (68 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 7 of 23 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (28 points)

Darren Ray is winning the fight 50-45.

Ray grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

Wow! O`Kelly pummels Ray with a big hook to the nose!! The crowd roars!! Ray grimaces in pain.

Darren Ray landed 15 of 51 punches -- 3 power punches, 9 jabs, 3 rights. (39 points)
Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 9 of 32 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (35 points)

Darren Ray is winning the fight 60-55.

Ray is obviously tired.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

O`Kelly jars Ray with a big uppercut to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!! Ray grimaces in pain.

O`Kelly slams Ray with a ferocious roundhouse to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

O`Kelly lands a brutal left combination and Ray collapses!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Joe Joe O`Kelly wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:10
Old 07-21-2003, 05:41 AM   #231
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jim Lampley Post Fight Commentary

"This was a typical Joe Joe fight. He came out, looked like he was asleep, fell behind on the cards, then he got mad and distroyed his opponent. When O'Kelly throws 8 to 10 power punches a round, he's extremely dangerous.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:42 AM   #232
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 205 pounds (93 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Cuts like a Razor "Blade"!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 6 inches (198 centimeters) tall weighing in at 218 pounds (99 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for The Art of Pugilism out of Atlanta, Georgia is Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov!!

ROUND 1

Blade traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)
AK-47 fights from outside. (outside)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 7 of 32 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 29 of 46 punches -- 7 power punches, 15 jabs, 7 rights. (79 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 10-9.

Blade doesn't need to rest.

AK-47 doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Blade traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 10 of 36 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (38 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 35 of 51 punches -- 7 power punches, 21 jabs, 7 rights. (91 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 20-18.

AK-47 doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Blade is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 7 of 25 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (28 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 33 of 55 punches -- 6 power punches, 21 jabs, 6 rights. (84 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 30-27.

AK-47 remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 8 of 27 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (32 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 26 of 45 punches -- 6 power punches, 14 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Blade goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 11 of 43 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (40 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 26 of 48 punches -- 6 power punches, 14 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 50-45.

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 5 of 27 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 17 of 47 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 60-54.

ROUND 7

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 6 of 23 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov landed 18 of 48 punches -- 4 power punches, 10 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)

Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov is winning the fight 70-63.

AK-47 grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 8

Blade is a raging bull! (all out)

AK-47 lands a crashing bomb and Blade hurtles to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Sergei Vasilivich "AK-47" Popov wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:52
Old 07-21-2003, 05:54 AM   #233
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonut's Post Fight Press Conference

****strange noises are heard from the hall way leading into the press room.*****

"What the heck is that?" asks Max Kellerman.

"Sounds like a child screaming," responds Charlie Stiener.

"Did Joe bring his kids with him?"

***From the Hall way reporters hear****

"Don't make me go talk to those people. They are mean. No I don't want to. I don't want to."

"Um. I think that's Joe not his kids." answers Charlie.

Finally Joe appears.

"Ok, we lost. Any questions."

"You seemed pretty confident going into this fight. What went wrong? Kellerman.

"We lost."

"I know, but do you have specifics?

"If I did, we would have corrected it while the fight was taking place. I'll have to look at the film to give you an honest answer."

"Did you panic because you were so far behind on the cards?" Stiener.

"No we figured that would happen."

"Is AK's trainer Pudge Alism in your head. Your now 0 and 4 against him?" Teddy Atlas

***Joe gives Atlas a blank stair***

"Are you worried you can't beat Alism's fighters."

***more blank stairing***

"Joe, you O..

Joe interupts "We nearly had this one. No I'm not concerned about Pudge and his fighters. I'm not the only one that struggles against that guy. The gym has an overall record of 211-54-4. If Blade can make it the last 8 seconds of the 8th round. I think we win the fight. Blade pounded AK with many good shots in the 8th, but he left himself open one time to many. AK would have been worn out, and Blade's superior strength would have won the day, but we couldn't get off the mat when we had too.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:55 AM   #234
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 224 pounds (102 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Les "their" Cherries!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 3 inches (191 centimeters) tall weighing in at 261 pounds (118 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Robinson Creek Boxing Palace out of Pikeville, Kentucky is Corey "One Punch" Thacker!!

ROUND 1

their is backpedaling. (using the ring)
One Punch goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Les "their" Cherries landed 13 of 34 punches -- 5 power punches, 3 jabs, 5 rights. (41 points)
Corey "One Punch" Thacker landed 12 of 38 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (45 points)

Corey "One Punch" Thacker won the round 10-9 with power punching.

Corey "One Punch" Thacker is winning the fight 10-9.

their doesn't need to rest.

One Punch doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Les "their" Cherries landed 8 of 36 punches -- 3 power punches, 2 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)
Corey "One Punch" Thacker landed 8 of 38 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)

Corey "One Punch" Thacker won the round 10-9 with power punching.

Corey "One Punch" Thacker is winning the fight 20-18.

their doesn't need to rest.

One Punch grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 3

Les "their" Cherries landed 10 of 41 punches -- 4 power punches, 2 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)
Corey "One Punch" Thacker landed 8 of 34 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)

Corey "One Punch" Thacker is winning the fight 30-28.

their remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

One Punch is obviously tired.

ROUND 4

their goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

One Punch jars their with a big hook to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!! their seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

their jars One Punch with a big uppercut to the chest!! The crowd is on its feet!! One Punch grimaces in pain.

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 27 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
Corey "One Punch" Thacker landed 9 of 38 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (34 points)

Corey "One Punch" Thacker won the round 10-9 by stunning their.

Corey "One Punch" Thacker is winning the fight 40-37.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his right eye.

One Punch looks exhausted.

ROUND 5

their tags One Punch with an uppercut to the solar plexus. One Punch staggers into the ropes!!

their jolts One Punch with a ferocious sweeping right to the mouth!! The crowd roars!! One Punch backpedals to his own corner.

their pummels One Punch with a big uppercut to the nose!! The crowd is on its feet!! One Punch grimaces in pain.

Les "their" Cherries landed 14 of 39 punches -- 12 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (54 points)
Corey "One Punch" Thacker landed 3 of 29 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-8 for dominating the round.

Corey "One Punch" Thacker is winning the fight 48-47.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his right eye.

One Punch requires medical attention from his trainer. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 6

their is clinching a lot. (clinching)

their jars One Punch with a big uppercut to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 20 punches -- 3 power punches, 1 jab, 3 rights. (23 points)
Corey "One Punch" Thacker landed 1 of 31 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

One Punch can't remember which corner is his. He has his left eye badly swollen.

ROUND 7

their jars One Punch with a powerful uppercut to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!!

their throws an uppercut to the stomach. One Punch staggers!! The crowd is going wild!!

their throws an uppercut to the chest. their is hammering relentlessly! One Punch is out on his feet! The Referee stops the fight!
Les "their" Cherries wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 0:24
Old 07-21-2003, 05:59 AM   #235
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jimmy the Greek Post Fight Commentary

"This is pretty much what I expected. One Punch came out early throwing bombs, ran out of gas, and Cherries distroys him. Man when Cherries starts teeing off on an opponent he does some damage. Did you see One Punches eye?"
Old 07-21-2003, 06:01 AM   #236
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 244 pounds (111 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jace Hunter!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 5 inches (196 centimeters) tall weighing in at 213 pounds (97 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for Sweet Lou`s Sweat Shop out of Suffolk, Virginia is GySgt. Hathcock!!

ROUND 1

Hunter feints and fakes to keep his opponent away. (feinting)
Hathcock dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Jace Hunter landed 18 of 47 punches -- 4 power punches, 10 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 18 of 47 punches -- 5 power punches, 8 jabs, 5 rights. (51 points)

GySgt. Hathcock won the round 10-9 with aggressive power punching.

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 10-9.

Hunter doesn't need to rest.

Hathcock doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Hathcock dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Jace Hunter landed 18 of 43 punches -- 4 power punches, 10 jabs, 4 rights. (48 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 17 of 52 punches -- 5 power punches, 7 jabs, 5 rights. (49 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 20-19.

Hunter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 3

Hathcock goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Jace Hunter landed 17 of 45 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 9 of 30 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

Jace Hunter won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Hunter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Hathcock feints and fakes. (feinting)

Jace Hunter landed 17 of 44 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 13 of 43 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

Hathcock remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Hathcock goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Jace Hunter landed 17 of 45 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 15 of 53 punches -- 5 power punches, 5 jabs, 5 rights. (45 points)

Hunter is obviously tired.

ROUND 6

Hunter waits for his opponent to make the first move. (counter-punching)
Hathcock traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Jace Hunter landed 18 of 42 punches -- 2 power punches, 14 jabs, 2 rights. (42 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 18 of 60 punches -- 6 power punches, 6 jabs, 6 rights. (54 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 59-58.

ROUND 7

Jace Hunter landed 14 of 45 punches -- 1 power punch, 12 jabs, 1 right. (31 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 14 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 4 jabs, 5 rights. (43 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 69-67.

ROUND 8

Hathcock is a raging bull! (all out)

Hathcock jars Hunter with a big hook to the eye!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Hathcock jars Hunter with a blow to the groin! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Jace Hunter landed 12 of 38 punches -- 1 power punch, 10 jabs, 1 right. (27 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 13 of 44 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 6 rights. (46 points)

GySgt. Hathcock won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 79-76.

Hunter is slowing down. He has swelling around his right eye.

Hathcock grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 9

Hathcock is a raging bull! (all out)

Jace Hunter landed 10 of 41 punches -- 1 power punch, 8 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 20 of 67 punches -- 5 power punches, 10 jabs, 5 rights. (55 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 89-85.

Hunter looks exhausted. He has his right eye badly swollen.

ROUND 10

Jace Hunter landed 10 of 34 punches -- 1 power punch, 8 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 34 of 77 punches -- 6 power punches, 22 jabs, 6 rights. (86 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 99-94.

ROUND 11

Hunter is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Jace Hunter landed 3 of 34 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 3 of 11 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 109-104.

ROUND 12

Hunter is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Jace Hunter landed 3 of 29 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 3 of 9 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 119-114.

Hunter is slowing down. He has his right eye badly swollen.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Jace Hunter 10-9
Round 2: A 10-10 tie.
Round 3: Jace Hunter 10-9
Round 4: Jace Hunter 10-9
Round 5: A 10-10 tie.
Round 6: GySgt. Hathcock 10-9
Round 7: GySgt. Hathcock 10-9
Round 8: GySgt. Hathcock 10-9
Round 9: GySgt. Hathcock 10-9
Round 10: GySgt. Hathcock 10-9
Round 11: A 10-10 tie.
Round 12: A 10-10 tie.

Total Score: GySgt. Hathcock 117-115

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: A 10-10 tie.
Round 2: GySgt. Hathcock 10-9
Round 4: Jace Hunter 10-9
Round 5: A 10-10 tie.

Total Score: GySgt. Hathcock 118-114

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: A 10-10 tie.
Round 4: A 10-10 tie.
Round 5: Jace Hunter 10-9

Total Score: GySgt. Hathcock 118-115

GySgt. Hathcock wins by decision!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:07 AM   #237
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jim Lampley Post Fight Commentary

"This one suprises me. I know many people predicted Hathcock would win, but the way the fight unfolded was what astonished me. This was the first time Hathcock has thrown that many punches early in a fight. I expected Hunter to get an early lead and try to hold on. Hathcock got the early lead, and Hunter wore himself out trying to catch up."
Old 07-21-2003, 06:43 AM   #238
condors
College Starter

bobby "baked" beans-"dude, we got any plans for my next fight?"
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:54 AM   #239
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe yells at Beans. "Bobby, we are still trying to devise a plan for your opponent. Just to let you know, your going against Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte a 5'8" 135 lb fighter. And I do mean figher. He has a 2-1 record but in his 3 fights he has used 4 different fight plans. He is capable of throwing 70 jabs as well as pounding opponents with 10 or 11 power punches a round. I have to figure out what he is going to do against you. If you have any ideas on how you want to proceed, let me know."

"I hoping to get some sparring in soon."
Old 07-21-2003, 08:10 AM   #240
condors
College Starter

would like to try 6 6 8 fighting on the inside and see what happens in sparring (is that a pace i can keep up?)
Old 07-21-2003, 08:28 AM   #241
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"Having looked at the film, we have to decide which way to fight. The 6/6/8 is an option that we'll attempt in sparring, but I don't think you'll be able to maintain that level of activity."

"Our problem is that if we decide to jab and Fat Chance does to we lose. If we decide to go power punches and Chance goes middle of the road (6/6/8) we lose. If he jabs and we go power, we probably win, if he goes middle of the road and we jab we win."

"I'm trying to come up with a plan that will allow us to switch early based on how he is fighting."
Old 07-21-2003, 08:54 AM   #242
Travis
Pro Rookie

Wow, a shot to the groin, I've got $50,000 to whoever fights him next to make sure he doesn't get up!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:39 AM   #243
Blade
College Prospect

Blade is seen leaving a gym. A sports reporter comes running up to him.

"Blade, you suffered another defeat in your young boxing career, giving you a 3-2 record. Where do you go from here?"

Blade looks sad, like there is no fight left in him.

"I don't know. Yes, my career is still young, but I am barely above the .500 mark. That does not make for a good boxing career. I don't know, I think I need to talk it over with my Manager, and see if we can save my career before it becomes one of the shortest in boxing history."

Old 07-21-2003, 09:57 AM   #244
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

ATLANTA JOURNAL & CONSTITUTION

JOE BAGADONUTS ARRESTED FOR PUNCHING REPORTER

Atlanta, GA - FOFC Gym trainer Joe Bagadonuts, upon leaving his press conference following the Blade vs AK 47 fight. got into a confrontation with boxing reporter Justin Hack. According to witnesses Joe punched Hack repeatedly in the face, and when Hack fell to the ground, Joe began jumping around like Rocky on the steps.

"You would have thought he had won the heavyweight title the way he was acting," Dan Davis, witness to the incident.

When asked why he attacked the reporter Bagadonut's responded, "First off, I aledgedly attacked the reporter. Secondly, he was talking with Blade and inferring his carear was on the skids. That Hack doesn't know a thing. A 3 - 2 record, though not great doesn't indicate we have a tomato can here. The #2 contender, Jay "The White" Knight has a 30-13-1 record, Tallen Lankey the #4 contender is 26 and 10. We have run into some great fighers, even the reporters indicated AK-47 is the real deal. I mean, give the kid a break. He won 3 in a row heading into the fight."

Bagadonuts was released on bail, and has been working dilegently on a fight plan for Baked Beans. When asked how it was going, Bagadonut's jump up and chased the reporter out of the gym.

Mac Aroni, Assistant Trainer explained, "You have to forgive Joe, he's very upset over the Blade loss. He though he was going to get his first win over AK's trainer Pudge Alism. And to add insult to injury, he's about to kill Beans trying to come up with a fight plan. I think Beans has been KOed 10 or 11 times today, and he was only won once or twice."

Last edited by Breeze : 07-21-2003 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:50 AM   #245
condors
College Starter

bobby-dude that was my skull
Old 07-21-2003, 11:18 AM   #246
Blade
College Prospect

Thanks for sticking up for me, Joe! I love you, man!

Old 07-21-2003, 12:38 PM   #247
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

"Bobby. Hey Bobby, can you hear me?"

"I know your ears are ringing and you've got a pretty big headache,but I have to ask you a few questions. How many fingers am I holding up (as he holds up 3)."

"Four. Ahhh, that's close enough."

"Bobby, I have determined 2 things from all this sparring. If the fighers is built like your first sparring partner. You know, the one that knocked you out 12 times consecutively, we'll have to outpoint him and hope he doesn't expect that tactic from us. That partner is so well conditioned that we can't hurt him with out leaving ourselves open to a pounding that he can deliver. If your opponent is like your second sparring parnter, we are better off attacking. We've been able to knocked that one down quite a few times and in fact KOed him a couple. However, if we don't get the KO we wont win, and several times we couldn't finish the deal. Which way do you want to go tonight?"
Old 07-21-2003, 12:45 PM   #248
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Way to go Les!!!!! Is his stamina enough to switch training?
Old 07-21-2003, 12:49 PM   #249
condors
College Starter

lets try to outpoint him as i don't think i am a ko artist
Old 07-22-2003, 05:24 AM   #250
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 8 inches (173 centimeters) tall weighing in at 135 pounds (61 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for The Jersey Gym(relocated) out of myrtle beach, South Carolina is Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 5 inches (165 centimeters) tall weighing in at 133 pounds (60 kilograms) with a record of 2 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Bobby "Baked" Beans!!

ROUND 1

Fat Chance is counter-punching. (counter-punching)
Baked fights from outside. (outside)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 16 of 42 punches -- 5 power punches, 6 jabs, 5 rights. (47 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 45 of 87 punches -- 2 power punches, 41 jabs, 2 rights. (96 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 10-9.

Fat Chance doesn't need to rest.

Baked doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 19 of 45 punches -- 6 power punches, 7 jabs, 6 rights. (56 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 24 of 72 punches -- 2 power punches, 20 jabs, 2 rights. (54 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte won the round 10-9 by hitting harder.

Baked doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 17 of 52 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 8 rights. (60 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 43 of 86 punches -- 2 power punches, 39 jabs, 2 rights. (92 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 29-28.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 16 of 45 punches -- 5 power punches, 6 jabs, 5 rights. (47 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 30 of 71 punches -- 3 power punches, 24 jabs, 3 rights. (69 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 39-37.

ROUND 5

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 26 of 59 punches -- 11 power punches, 4 jabs, 11 rights. (85 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 26 of 57 punches -- 4 power punches, 18 jabs, 4 rights. (64 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte won the round 10-9 with accurate power punches.

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 48-47.

ROUND 6

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 19 of 43 punches -- 6 power punches, 7 jabs, 6 rights. (56 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 40 of 84 punches -- 2 power punches, 36 jabs, 2 rights. (86 points)

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 58-56.

Baked grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 46 of 76 punches -- 8 power punches, 30 jabs, 8 rights. (116 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 44 of 86 punches -- 2 power punches, 40 jabs, 2 rights. (94 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Bobby "Baked" Beans is winning the fight 67-66.

Baked grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 8

Fat Chance goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 50 of 71 punches -- 9 power punches, 32 jabs, 9 rights. (127 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 36 of 92 punches -- 2 power punches, 32 jabs, 2 rights. (78 points)

Baked is obviously tired.

ROUND 9

Fat Chance feints and fakes. (feinting)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 41 of 62 punches -- 10 power punches, 21 jabs, 10 rights. (112 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 35 of 84 punches -- 2 power punches, 31 jabs, 2 rights. (76 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte is winning the fight 86-85.

Baked is obviously tired.

ROUND 10

Fat Chance feints and fakes. (feinting)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 47 of 65 punches -- 12 power punches, 23 jabs, 12 rights. (130 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 35 of 93 punches -- 3 power punches, 29 jabs, 3 rights. (79 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte is winning the fight 96-94.

Fat Chance remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Baked is slowing down.

ROUND 11

Fat Chance fights from outside. (outside)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 55 of 75 punches -- 3 power punches, 49 jabs, 3 rights. (119 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 33 of 102 punches -- 3 power punches, 27 jabs, 3 rights. (75 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte is winning the fight 106-103.

Fat Chance remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Baked is slowing down.

ROUND 12

Fat Chance fights from outside. (outside)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte landed 54 of 73 punches -- 3 power punches, 48 jabs, 3 rights. (117 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 23 of 82 punches -- 2 power punches, 19 jabs, 2 rights. (52 points)

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte is winning the fight 116-112.

Baked is slowing down. He has swelling around his left eye.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Bobby "Baked" Beans 10-9
Round 2: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 3: Bobby "Baked" Beans 10-9
Round 4: Bobby "Baked" Beans 10-9
Round 5: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 6: Bobby "Baked" Beans 10-9
Round 7: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 8: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 9: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 10: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 11: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9
Round 12: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9

Total Score: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 116-112

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Round 2: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 10-9

Total Score: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 116-112

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Total Score: Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte 116-113

Vinnie "Fat Chance" DelMonte wins by decision!