Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #201
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I'm glad the normal GH is back on, because the abortion that is GH:I is totally unwatchable.

I think that Andy and Rob did a pretty good job on the investigations. Barry, Mr. 'Dude, Run!', and the two girls were pretty unimpressive. It certainly makes you appreciate more Grant and Jason's work that they do.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #202
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
I'm glad the normal GH is back on, because the abortion that is GH:I is totally unwatchable.
Aye
Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #203
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

They need to revisit that fort.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #204
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI......Premiere of the next set of episodes is on right now. Replays will occur later tonight and next Wednesday.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Most haunted single family home in show history?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #206
cuervo72
Head Coach

Usually it doesn't seem like they find crap to me, but that one "voice" there was a little creepy.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #207
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Usually it doesn't seem like they find crap to me, but that one "voice" there was a little creepy.

Yeah, I usually balk at some of the EVP's, but there was no question about that voice. It was surprisingly clear. The thermal cam image was somewhat compelling, though the signature was relatively light in nature and we have to trust them that no one was down there earlier in the evening. Wish they would have caught the slamming doors on camera.

Next week's episode could be interesting. The hints in the teaser indicate that it may be the old unaired episode where people planted speakers in the walls to try to fool the investigators.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #208
Bad-example
College Starter

Amazing that people watch this show. Not really amazing, more disappointing.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #209
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Amazing that people watch this show. Not really amazing, more disappointing.

Almost as disappointing as the skeptics who make posts like this without knowing that the investigators on the show go into the investigation with the expressed purpose of trying to prove that there is no paranormal activity in the location being investigated.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #210
Bad-example
College Starter

Yeah, those guys are disappointing too.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

After last week's crap show at the restaurant with the phony stuff planted in the walls & such (which has apparently prompted quite a wave of hostility toward the restaurant incidentally), I really enjoyed catching an episode from 2005 tonight that I had somehow missed, Ghostly Soldier filmed at an old Arkansas hotel. Still the only full body apparition captured by the thermal imaging cameras.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #212
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
After last week's crap show at the restaurant with the phony stuff planted in the walls & such (which has apparently prompted quite a wave of hostility toward the restaurant incidentally), I really enjoyed catching an episode from 2005 tonight that I had somehow missed, Ghostly Soldier filmed at an old Arkansas hotel. Still the only full body apparition captured by the thermal imaging cameras.

Yep, great episode. I've actually stayed at the Crescent Hotel and went on their ghost tour a couple of years before Ghost Hunters did their investigation. That room was one of the main stops on the tour and they discussed numerous paranormal events that happen pretty regularly in that room. I remember walking around in that very area. The findings from that episode likely just proved what the owner and employees already knew.......that room is a hotbed of activity.

There are 3-4 rooms in that hotel that are sold out months in advance because they are rooms where you have a pretty good chance of experiencing activity. I hope to go back and stay in one of those rooms. The staff even mentioned that people that get the rooms often ask to be moved during the night.

One of the rooms has an construction worker who died in the room that is fond of the ladies. Women in the room report physical contact and also report seeing a man looking back at them from the bathroom mirror. Another room was occupied for years by an older lady who even redecorated the room. The room still has the same decorations and she's supposedly pretty protective of the room despite the fact that she passed away years ago. People who stay in the room and have argued with each other or criticized the decoration have woke up in the morning to find their bags closed up and lined up next to the door hinting to them that they're not welcome. Also, perfume smells are reported.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #213
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Alright, so who watched the finale last night? Thoughts on what was caught on the thermal imaging camera? If they truly had containment in that tunnel area, that's some awfully good evidence. It reminded me a lot of the lighthouse investigation where the figure leaned over the railing.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #214
cuervo72
Head Coach

Sure looked like a person to me - walking the first time, and basically peeking around the corner the second. But I'm not convinced it wasn't just someone walking around down there (either a team miscommunication, or some joy seeker).

Too bad it's been demolished, but I'd have liked to have seen TAPS go to a place like Byberry (Philadelphia State Mental Hospital). By all accounts it was at times quite a nasty place, and I'm sure many folks died there. After it was closed it was abandoned for a number of years. As the years went on though, more and more folks wandered around the "ruins". I guess I was one of the early ones, as I "visited" the site a few times in '90-'91.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #215
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Sure looked like a person to me - walking the first time, and basically peeking around the corner the second. But I'm not convinced it wasn't just someone walking around down there (either a team miscommunication, or some joy seeker).

Too bad it's been demolished, but I'd have liked to have seen TAPS go to a place like Byberry (Philadelphia State Mental Hospital). By all accounts it was at times quite a nasty place, and I'm sure many folks died there. After it was closed it was abandoned for a number of years. As the years went on though, more and more folks wandered around the "ruins". I guess I was one of the early ones, as I "visited" the site a few times in '90-'91.

That's the really difficult thing about this kind of investigating. If the evidence really stands out such as in the Fort Delaware case last night, it's dismissed as being a person and it's awfully hard to prove/disprove unless you were actually there. We're relying on the investigative team's report that there was no way for anyone to actually be down in that area without them knowing.

On the other side, if the proof is faint, such as a small temperature signature, the evidence is written off as being an anomoly in the recording media or something else.

I think the first sighting was much more interesting, as it appeared to be a person pacing on watch in a pitch-black tunnel. You'd think that someone would behave differently if it was an actual person. The second piece of video was more odd in that it looked more like a person trying to see if people were still in the area. The team also didn't mention how far apart the two videos were as far as time.

The team often tosses out a lot of the evidence that is this substantial. The fact that they included it knowing that it would likely cause the skeptics to howl is certainly interesting.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #216
cuervo72
Head Coach

Certainly. If you're skeptical, pretty much anything less than actually being there to see things first-hand is not going to be enough. "Evidence" is going to be interpreted with a jaundiced eye.

Which reminds me - does it bug anyone else when one of the TAPS team hears something, and then before another of the team corroborates, they give the opinion that "it sounds like they're saying _____"? It seems to me like this would be giving bias (they do this at the end-of-investigation rundown too).
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #217
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Which reminds me - does it bug anyone else when one of the TAPS team hears something, and then before another of the team corroborates, they give the opinion that "it sounds like they're saying _____"? It seems to me like this would be giving bias (they do this at the end-of-investigation rundown too).

That's always a big beef with a lot of the EVP recordings. I thought that the EVP's from the last episode were especially weak. If it doesn't clearly pop out, I really don't think it should be included as evidence.

There's actually a blog where they critique each of the Ghost Hunters episodes. Several of the entries from past episodes discuss that very topic.

http://entil2001.com/blog2/
Old 06-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #218
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We're heading to Savannah this week and one of their Halloween specials featured a house there. It looks like we're going to take a midnight tour of the house, which should be pretty cool. Sadly I don't remember the episode at all.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #219
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
We're heading to Savannah this week and one of their Halloween specials featured a house there. It looks like we're going to take a midnight tour of the house, which should be pretty cool. Sadly I don't remember the episode at all.

I think you're referring to the Sorrel-Weed House. It was on the show in 2005 or 2006 if I remember correctly. They actually have a tour now that highlights the hot spots that were involved with the actual episode.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #220
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I think you're referring to the Sorrel-Weed House. It was on the show in 2005 or 2006 if I remember correctly. They actually have a tour now that highlights the hot spots that were involved with the actual episode.

Yeah, that's the house. It sounds like a decent tour and it runs from 10:30-12:30 at night which should be nice and spooky!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #221
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Here's the critiques from the Fort Delaware episode. Makes some good points........

http://entil2001.com/blog2/2008/06/1...fort-delaware/
Old 07-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #222
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New season of Ghost Hunters International begins this Wednesday (7/9/08). Time to set the DVR's.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #223
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
New season of Ghost Hunters International begins this Wednesday (7/9/08). Time to set the DVR's.

That show was awful the first season. Unlike the regular GH, it felt very forced and almost scripted. The team has zero chemistry, and 3 of the most annoying and ridiculous people in the franchise - Barry (belongs on "Most Haunted"), Brian (self-explanatory), and Andy (want to wring his geeky neck every time he talks). Not only that, but the "leader", Rob, is scary as hell, and seems ill-suited for the job. Donna's ok, but that's it.

Hopefully, it'll be much better this season, or it's place on my Tivo schedule will be quickly gone.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #224
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Donna makes it worth watching for me... Plus I think Andy GENERALLY does a really good job of debunking, which is a change from GH
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #225
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI.....season premiere of Ghost Hunters was last Wednesday. They went to an old church that also served as a funeral home. Got several EVP's, video of a door slamming, and some apparition personal experiences. Really good episode. It will be replayed tonight for those that missed it along with a new episode.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 AM   #226
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

So Tango is stuck in a phone booth with Kris and he freaks out?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #227
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
So Tango is stuck in a phone booth with Kris and he freaks out?

My wife and I said the same thing. What the hell was the problem there? She even looked like she was enjoying it.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #228
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Mmmm, Kris Williams, in the phone booth, with the candlestick.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #229
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Really good episode last night for those who missed it. Lots of sounds and EVP's. Also, the cabinet doors in the kitchen kept opening right in front of Grant and Jason.

FYI.....there's a new series starting on Friday on the Travel Channel. There was a documentary called 'Ghost Adventures' created by some amateur investigators that was a great watch. Those guys are now getting their own series.

Ghost Adventures : TV Shows

The original documentary will be shown at 8:00 PM EDT followed by the season premiere of the new show at 10:00 PM EDT. The documentary has some great footage of various hauntings. The premiere episode is being filmed at Bobby Mackey's Music World. For those that don't know, it's a VERY haunted location with a lot of malevolent activity.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #230
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I didn't think as much of last night's episode myself, seemed like Grant & Jason got a little spooked by the ambiance or something. I just didn't get much of a real "oh shit" vibe from it (except the EVP with the deep voice, dunno wth that was).

Meanwhile, the whacked out show that follows it was a hoot last night. Maybe the best awful episode of it yet, as they (apparently/allegedly) weren't allowed to bring most of their equipment into Gambia since the government thought they were spies or something. That means we basically get footage of them wandering around in the dark trying to eyeball stuff and saying "what was that, I can't see" for the second half of the episode. It's goofy enough when they have their gear, it was a whole different level without it.

And I really wish these shows would avoid doing new episodes on Friday nights during HS football season (the premiere MBBF mentions and then GH has their live Halloween show coming up).
Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #231
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I didn't think as much of last night's episode myself, seemed like Grant & Jason got a little spooked by the ambiance or something. I just didn't get much of a real "oh shit" vibe from it (except the EVP with the deep voice, dunno wth that was).

Meanwhile, the whacked out show that follows it was a hoot last night. Maybe the best awful episode of it yet, as they (apparently/allegedly) weren't allowed to bring most of their equipment into Gambia since the government thought they were spies or something. That means we basically get footage of them wandering around in the dark trying to eyeball stuff and saying "what was that, I can't see" for the second half of the episode. It's goofy enough when they have their gear, it was a whole different level without it.

And I really wish these shows would avoid doing new episodes on Friday nights during HS football season (the premiere MBBF mentions and then GH has their live Halloween show coming up).

Tivo/DVR is a beautiful thing.

If you check the schedule on the Travel Channel site that I provided, they replay the episode several times during the week, so you should be able to catch it on another day.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #232
Galaril
Pro Starter

The wife and I watched that new show ghost adventures and wasn't impressed. The lead guy first off comes off as not believing anything he is saying. Otherthing is these guys are suppose to be amateurs but I love the way they talked down to the audience. Last thing was them scrwing around the the oujie board not smart at all from what " experts" say. This show showed us just how professional and unbiased the Gost Hnter guys are as well as likeable.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #233
dolfin
High School JV

I was not impressed either. I turned it off quickly after seeing one guy keep focusing on what he called orbs. Not even a word that it could be dust, which is exactly what it looked like.
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #234
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin View Post
I was not impressed either. I turned it off quickly after seeing one guy keep focusing on what he called orbs. Not even a word that it could be dust, which is exactly what it looked like.

Agreed. The orb thing was a bit annoying. The figure passing in front of the light was more impressive.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #235
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Live from Fort Delaware has been pretty bad, at least during the hour or so we've watched.

What genius thought The Miz would be a good choice from the ECW roster? At least Amanda Tapping doesn't come across badly. But they're getting savaged on their own message board & pretty rightfully so I think.

Too many production crew wandering around and far too much time spent promo'ing SciFi shows instead of, you know, ghost hunting.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #236
watravaler
High School JV

Is this better than Ghostbusters?
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #237
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watravaler View Post
Is this better than Ghostbusters?

Usually? Yes.
Tonight? Not really.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #238
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just a reminder -- 9pm (eastern) tonight is the reveal for last week's live show
Old 11-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #239
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Just a reminder -- 9pm (eastern) tonight is the reveal for last week's live show

I finally finished watching all 7 hours of the live show. The voice was interesting and there were lots of footsteps heard. But by far the best evidence was the videotape of Grant being pulled by something that simply wasn't there. I'm honestly not sure that I've seen better evidence than that. I reviewed the three incidents several times and couldn't find any evidence of tomfoolery. Really good stuff.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #240
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I finally finished watching all 7 hours of the live show. The voice was interesting and there were lots of footsteps heard. But by far the best evidence was the videotape of Grant being pulled by something that simply wasn't there. I'm honestly not sure that I've seen better evidence than that. I reviewed the three incidents several times and couldn't find any evidence of tomfoolery. Really good stuff.

I have looked at the grabbing event multiple times, and I've noticed that other than the thermal view, you can see that Grant has his right hand in his pocket in two of the 3 times. I find that to be very interesting, and raises my suspicions of some type of contraption. As my wife said, the collar doesn't really pull back as if someone is trying to stop him from moving forward, it pushes down, which could easily be explained by a hidden string rigged up inside his jacket and connected to his right pocket.

I hate to doubt a guy like Grant, but I've lost a lot of faith in GH in the past 2 years. They never used to get much, and then suddenly they get a haunting every show. And the weird thing is that it's always Jason and Grant that have the experiences.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #241
SFL Cat
College Starter

There is no such thing as the supernatural...

I thought that was the consensus...
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #242
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post

Only the consensus amongst idiots.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #243
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not really a consensus at least not in the U.S. Depending upon the survey & the year, looks like about 1/3rd to 40% believe in ghosts, about 1/3rd don't believe in them, and the rest aren't sure (which I wouldn't count toward "no such thing").

One interesting find in one study "As people attain higher college-education levels, the likelihood of believing in paranormal dimensions increases"
Old 11-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #244
SFL Cat
College Starter

Well, hell....next thing you know, you guys will be telling me is that God might be real or something like that...sheesh.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #245
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I have looked at the grabbing event multiple times, and I've noticed that other than the thermal view, you can see that Grant has his right hand in his pocket in two of the 3 times. I find that to be very interesting, and raises my suspicions of some type of contraption. As my wife said, the collar doesn't really pull back as if someone is trying to stop him from moving forward, it pushes down, which could easily be explained by a hidden string rigged up inside his jacket and connected to his right pocket.

I hate to doubt a guy like Grant, but I've lost a lot of faith in GH in the past 2 years. They never used to get much, and then suddenly they get a haunting every show. And the weird thing is that it's always Jason and Grant that have the experiences.

I think the increase in hauntings has more to do with the quality of the locations they are investigating more than anything else. They're able to pick and choose the most active locations now. When they first started, they did a lot of houses that honestly had semi-loopy people reporting the activity.

I looked and looked for a string on those videos. Couldn't find any. I just can't see Jason and Grant going to the point of forgery to create something like that. They honestly don't seem like the types to do that and I'm sure it would have been leaked by now if they would have done it.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #246
SFL Cat
College Starter

I'm curious, anyone in this thread ever have a personal experience?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #247
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Yes. Some family friends owned a house that was built in the 1830s. When I was over at their home, there was a chandelier (sp?) that moved on its own. Several minutes later, we heard footsteps above our head even though everyone was in the dining room eating together. The owners just laughed and dismissed it because they were used to it.

The husband had also seen a full apparition on several occasions. He had a TV room in the house that was adjacent to what used to be the old slave quarters that were on the back of the house. He said that a slave would run out of the back room into the TV room and shake a piece of paper at the owner and it looked like his lips were moving, but no sounds were coming out. He looked around for any kind of paper that might be hidden in the slave quarters, but never found anything. This guy was as honest a guy as you'll ever meet. He wouldn't make up something like that.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #248
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tonight's roundtable "All-Access" episode was pretty cool. Nothing groundbreaking although I did see a couple of clips I don't recall seeing before (the sound guy getting knocked on his ass was one), disturbing from the standpoint of how many of the clips I remembered specifically & realizing how many episodes I must have watched by now.

edit to add:
Quote:

Yes, quite a few some number of years back. Nothing I'd intentionally revisit I think, put myself in some really really stupid situations.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-12-2008 at 08:43 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #249
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And the Estate of Panic show that followed it ... sheesh.

Most entertaining part was realizing that the host of the show is Nigel from Crossing Jordan.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #250
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, the season finale tonight and either that lighthouse is haunted as can be or it was the fakiest fake ever. Not much in between on that one afaic.