Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #201
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Given the history in this market of getting people too excited too soon, I'm taking more of a low-key approach to the pro game's development. You'll know when we're close though as news will actually be coming at a steady stream.

I'll also be making a new version of the college game shortly after using a lot of what I've added to the pro game and some user feedback.

If you came up with "Arlesvision", that would really REALLY improve BBCF. I liked a lot about the game, but I just couldn't wade through the game logs, and that is ultimately what made me drop out of the league I was in and put the game aside. I like to watch the action on the field.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #202
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I think accuracy is a killer in this market, like it is for flight sims, and as long as developers are beholden to it it will remain a niche market. What is far more important than stat accuracy is strategy accuracy: I want real life strategies to have similar impacts in-game. I don't care if RBs average 3.8 ypc or 4.2 ypc, I care that with a big offensive line and a bruising back I can successfully run a smashmouth offense, and if I have a lousy offensive line it should fail miserably.

I do agree though that a fairly vocal group gets pissed off if RBs don't average exactly what NFL RBs do.

Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
+1. I want my WR's to get huge numbers because of a great QB and a great offensive line as well as other good receivers around them (to cut down on the double teams) as opposed to some gimmick/glitch. I want real life common sense strategies to be the key to winning as opposed to gaming the system. I also want much more feedback so I can see why my guys are succeeding or failing.

Double agree!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #203
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I think accuracy is a killer in this market, like it is for flight sims, and as long as developers are beholden to it it will remain a niche market. What is far more important than stat accuracy is strategy accuracy: I want real life strategies to have similar impacts in-game. I don't care if RBs average 3.8 ypc or 4.2 ypc, I care that with a big offensive line and a bruising back I can successfully run a smashmouth offense, and if I have a lousy offensive line it should fail miserably.

I do agree though that a fairly vocal group gets pissed off if RBs don't average exactly what NFL RBs do.

I could not agree more. As a developer you have to decide if you want to make a replay game or a career game. As a user I was allways pissed when in a key play my runner on first will not try to steal second or the weak batter will not use a bunt just because the random number is bigger then the "historical correct %-number" and nothing happens. This way stats look good on a league-level but do not look through game-logs.

If you use a situational AI which understands the impact of a situation and acts accordingly the total numbers will most likely look not 100% like in real MLB in that special year but thats why I play a career game.

palli
Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #204
Sgran
High School Varsity

You guys must be the ones keeping Goal Line Blitz alive. Sure, the score was 174 to 23, but my receivers were better than their corners so we just kept at them.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #205
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
You guys must be the ones keeping Goal Line Blitz alive. Sure, the score was 174 to 23, but my receivers were better than their corners so we just kept at them.

lolz but truth

When Accuracy is no longer a goal, then we're left with NBA Jam (which is awesome, but not as a simulation).

boomshakalaka
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #206
Sebastian Palkowski
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post

In that case I would think about tweaking the Game-Engine.

palli
Old 05-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #207
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
If you came up with "Arlesvision", that would really REALLY improve BBCF. I liked a lot about the game, but I just couldn't wade through the game logs, and that is ultimately what made me drop out of the league I was in and put the game aside. I like to watch the action on the field.

Gstelmack did develop a cool offline game viewer for BB. Also, check out this Game Center that was built for Gridiron Glory:

:: GAMECENTER -- Gridiron Glory's Film Room ::
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #208
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Gstelmack did develop a cool offline game viewer for BB. Also, check out this Game Center that was built for Gridiron Glory:

That is freaking awesome!!!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #209
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post

This is a feature in Blood N Guts. Which, by the way, is looking for owners

Blood n Guts Football
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #210
Icy
Pro Starter

That online match viewer (gamecenter) is really awesome, even showing both teams pre-play formations. Big props to whoever programmed it.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote