Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #201
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Mine is also 13.0.2b326362 and I updated this morning.

Ah. Didn't see the number listed at the top of the patch list. Cool! Game engine seems to be much better now.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #202
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Woot - if the beta game engine is updated I know WTF I'll be doing 24/7 this weekend!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #203
fortheglory
Mascot

Is it possible to purchase FM 2013 now, and still be able to utilize the BETA/Demo?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #204
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
Is it possible to purchase FM 2013 now, and still be able to utilize the BETA/Demo?

Even if you can't - the straight-demo is out today according to a post i just saw from SI on Facebook.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #205
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

no matter where you purchase it from, you should get a code that will allow you to activate it on steam (even if you don't buy it on steam itself)
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #206
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Woot - if the beta game engine is updated I know WTF I'll be doing 24/7 this weekend!!

Same! Except I have to prep for this fucking hurricane.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #207
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Boom! They fixed the cursor/hotspot issue. Was totally annoying the heck out of me!
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #208
Flasch186
Coordinator

Still cant get the EPL logos to show up in game and I dropped in DT's dropbox file so I have the pics and many other league's/team's logos just not the EPL team. Any ideas?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #209
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I was planning on playing till 4 or 5 AM, but fell asleep at 1:30. Damn.

Saw a couple weird things in the match engine when I tried to continue my old game (GK takes free kick from deep in own defensive end, goes right to attackcer who hits a first-time volley from the midfield circle that ends up in the back of the net), so I started a new one, and haven't seen anything that weird yet in the new game.

Looking forward to spending the rest of the day with it after I get thru this birthday party I have to be at in 45 mins.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #210
Flasch186
Coordinator

Dang whats the structure of the logos in the folder? Are there subdirectorys?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #211
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Dang whats the structure of the logos in the folder? Are there subdirectorys?

Its however you want to set it up or how the logo pack maker decided to do it. They can all be in one folder(though sifting through to make any changes might be a nightmare) or you can create folders based on whatever you want location: Europe, South America, or league: EPL, La Liga, etc. As long as there is an xml in the folder they will work.

I'd recommend d'loading the Metallic Logo pack from sortitoutsi. A bit bulky around 3 gig but high quality and will include the xml. Currently using the one from fm12 with no issue and am, as I type, d'loading the new version for fm13.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #212
Flasch186
Coordinator

Should I just drop it in? Would that confuse things? Should I delete whats in there first?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 10-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #213
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Should I just drop it in? Would that confuse things? Should I delete whats in there first?

Do you mean drop in a new config.xml ? Don't think you want to do that. You have only one per folder and the new would overwrite the old one that is at least partially working. The config.xml in the folder needs to have the id's for all of the logos that are in the folder for it to show in-game. You can open an xml with word or notepad type apps and copy\paste new text into the current xml (as I explain in the paragraph below) for the missing epl teams if you know that is what the problem is.

One question that may seem obvious but I'll ask anyway. Have you opened your current logo folder to make sure the EPL logos are actually in there? Could they have been left out with a corrupt d'load or some other problem?

Possible fixes you could try if you don't want to d'load a new pack...

1. You could try to find a standalone EPL logo pack and "steal" the xml from it. Small d'load and a quick fix if you don't want to take the time to d'load the metallic pack. I think you could simply copy\paste the contents of your "epl only" xml into your current one and it should work. Of course make a backup of your current xml in case something goes wrong.

2. One other thing you could do would be to have FM "show" the team\player\logo ids and then go into the xml you already have and see if the teams are numbered properly. If not you can edit the xml and save\reload the skin and they should show. Keep in mind that each logo folder needs the xml IE the normal, back left, back right, small, large etc so all would need to be edited.

I would think #1 is a pretty easy fix if it just an xml problem. If its not an xml entry that is wrong or the logos themselves simply being missing from the folder I don't have a clue what the problem would be.

Hope that is of some help and good luck.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #214
Flasch186
Coordinator

hmmmm. I DL'd and put in the pack that DT had put up for a few hours in his drop box. lots of things work but that doesnt seem to. all I did was extract it to a Graphics folder and let it go. IF I just extract the Metallic Logos that Im currently downloading into that same graphics folder, just extract the whole thing there, will it work?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #215
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
hmmmm. I DL'd and put in the pack that DT had put up for a few hours in his drop box. lots of things work but that doesnt seem to. all I did was extract it to a Graphics folder and let it go. IF I just extract the Metallic Logos that Im currently downloading into that same graphics folder, just extract the whole thing there, will it work?

The metallic logo pack will create its own folder with subfolders for regions and competitions across the world. This folder would be put in the graphics folder. Did DT's pack make folders in the graphics folder? I would think so with the face pack etc I'm guessing he posted for you. If so first move out his logo folder and just put the metallic logo folder in.

My path looks like this for logos

my name\documents\SI\fm13\graphics\pictures\logos\metallic logos

my mega cutout player pack path is..

my name\documents\SI\fm13\graphics\faces\mega pack

As you can see the player pics and logos are not mixed. I would think he sent you a similar setup. With this it's very simple to just move your current logo folder out and put the metallic in, start fm and rebuild the skin with the cache unchecked.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #216
MikaV84
n00b

Anyone got a feel for the updated ME yet?
MikaV84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #217
bhlloy
Coordinator

Been playing for a couple of hours in the demo. I assume this is the same ME version as the beta. If not, most of this stuff might have been fixed already I guess.

Overall, I like the feel of the game and the match engine. It feels simpler and more realistic. That being said, there are a few glaring things that need a ton of work. Marking in the box is horrific (seems to be a minimum of two goals a game where player splits the center backs and neither of them go with him) and players are far too passive in general - most obvious with keepers and defenders just deciding not to play a loose ball in the box and leaving wide open nets to shoot into. That being said, this is a demo/beta so I'm confident they will get it right. If it's still the same issues in 3 months time, that would be pretty worrying.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaV84 View Post
Anyone got a feel for the updated ME yet?

It's a lot improved, but not as good as the FM12 ME yet. Goalies still are blowing some basic stuff - I had to quit and restart because my goalie stood there on the ball and let a ST run 20yds and strip him and score into an open net for example. Also still seeing some ball-watching by defenders. But it's gotten a ton better, and I presume will get fixed sooner rather than later.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-28-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #219
TroyF
Coordinator

Still some things goofy with the ME, but not to the point I cannot play anymore. Like DT said, there are a few instances of reloading because of ridiculous things happening, but not as much as before.

Some quick thoughts:

The goalie kick, followed by a 20 yard header and a striker heading right back at him one on one appears to be a thing of the past.

I am not noticing a ton of headers from defenders on corners even though I know some others have been.

I love how key highlights are key highlights now. In past games, if the key highlight resulted in a non score, you might wait 10 minutes before the ball went out of bounds before the highlight would end. Or at the end of the game, you might watch all of stoppage time. Not anymore.

I am getting used to the UI and I like it for the most part. I love being able to look at career stats for players on the team screen. (If I could do that before, I do not remember it) I set up the player cards the way I wanted them and I think they look good. I also really like the league home screen.

DOF is a nice touch, though I always set up my team first before I bring him in.

Overall, I'm pretty happy at this point. Tom Dixon will be releasing his steklo skin and I will be even happier.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #220
MrBug708
Head Coach

I miss the quick link on the score in a news article. Instead of showing the overview of who scored, it takes me to the whole match report
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #221
MrBug708
Head Coach

What does director of football operations do? Same with youth development director?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #222
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

depends on what you want them to do (staff responsibilities screen), but in general..

Director of Football: Acts like an NFL GM (signs, resigns players, sells players, etcetera
Youth Development Director: Does the same for the youth team)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #223
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Well, I'm glad you can still put the ball into Row Z! Probably 20 games in before I've seen that message. Maybe because I'm a LLM and a lot of these small stadiums only went up to Row X.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #224
Grover
Pro Starter

Trying a challenge with West Ham "You Can't Win Anything With Kids"

Quite the five youth players they pump in for you.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #225
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
depends on what you want them to do (staff responsibilities screen), but in general..

Director of Football: Acts like an NFL GM (signs, resigns players, sells players, etcetera
Youth Development Director: Does the same for the youth team)

Can you be the director of football rather than having to screw around with tactics and lineups and all that?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #226
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yes/no. THere's a bit in the FM Classic skin that is labeled "instant result".. you just give broad instructions.. "Play for the win.." 'Strangle the game.." "Keep it close till late, then go for it" type thing, and it will sim the game out.. the skin actually works with the main engine, but this ability is not in the default skin.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #227
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Can you be the director of football rather than having to screw around with tactics and lineups and all that?

This would be nice
Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #228
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

+2
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #229
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Damn you SI.. I barely played FM 10, 11, 12.. now I'm getting this so I can play FMC

Too much for me to figure out before, FMC seems to be a perfect fit I'm hoping.

Anyone try that mode yet?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #230
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

The West Ham Five...

Spoiler

Last edited by Grover : 10-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #231
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

Good luck - thats a tough challenge to undertake ...

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #232
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Good luck - thats a tough challenge to undertake ...

Thanks, Marc. Just played my first two league games. 2-1 win over QPR, Jarvis with a late goal. 3-2 over Man United, Jarvis with a brace in the first half.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #233
Grover
Pro Starter

And Coventry knocks us out of the Capital One Cup.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #234
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

This is what I'm all about - great team offense. You should know that Suazo (who made the last pass) was sitting on a brace at the time.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #235
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

its nice to see SI still hasnt fixed the MLS. here i am, 7 games into my 2nd season coaching Chicago. i get them to the MLS finals last year and win the US open. well 7 games into my 2nd yr im already getting board room bitching because im "under performing in the league" despite being in 3rd place with games in hand. seriously what is this shit, theyre dissapointed im only on course to be competative in the MLS when they expect me to reach the finals. were 7 fucking games into the season and im in the playoff seeding right now. this is the same shit that happened several FM's ago the last time i played in the mls. is it really that hard for a bunch of englishmen to comprehend how the MLS works? its like each and every team is managed by the toronto idiots.

also both LA and NY fired their manager last season about 2/3 the way through, despite both being 2nd in their seedings, they were fired for drawing a game
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #236
fortheglory
Mascot

Does anybody understand the new training system? It seems a little redundant, and I'm just not sure how the different schedules work together. Does anybody know how this new feature operates?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #237
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I grabbed this from the manual:

The immediate next three weeks are laid out day-by-day in calendar form, displaying what's planned on a weekly basis and how your match schedule falls into place around your training schedule. From here, you're able to set up exactly how you want to approach the short and medium term fixture list.

Gone are the days of devising and creating a series of schedules for players to train under. The entire focus now is on the team as a group and how they work towards each match.

Across the top of the screen are three main sections; General Training, Scheduling, and Match Training.

'General Training' allows you to set up a Default Focus and Intensity for how the team should work as a rule of thumb. Select one area for the team to generally work on, and determine how hard you want them to work at it.

The 'Scheduling' slider tweaks how much you want to adopt a match-by-match approach compared to an overall focus on your own team. In effect, this controls how concerned you are about matching the opposition and attempting to annul their strengths or exploit their weaknesses compared to how much you want to accentuate your own team's positives and take the initiative.

The 'Match Training' section allows you to set a specific focus area to work on in the immediate days before each match, as well as whether you want to include rest days before and after matches.

Once you've set up your general approach, you can then delve into the more intricate details of the weekly approach. If you decide that a particular upcoming fixture requires special attention, then you can choose to alter the Focus for that week and override your default 'General Training' instructions. Each Focus has its own colour code on the calendar layout, providing visual confirmation of the changes you've made.

The day before each match (or the two days before if you move the 'Scheduling' slider towards 'More Match Training') is designated to Match Preparation. This has previously resided in the Tactics section, but has now been fully integrated into the Training section. If you feel the need to deviate from your General and Weekly Focus in a bid to pay even greater attention to detail for a specific opponent, now's the time to do so.

By presenting three weeks of the schedule at a time, you're able to keep abreast of the nuances in your fixture list and how it might affect your players. A light schedule of one match per week or fewer might invite an opportunity to work on one area with a greater intensity and can provide great progress in a short period of time.

However, if you're faced with a backlog of matches with as many as three per week, you might not have the time nor the physical capability within the squad to do anything other than work on your own game and attempt to preserve the squad's fitness as best possible.

Individual Players
Whilst the focus on individual schedules has gone, you can still work on areas of individual players' games and attempt to refine their profiles. Professional players tend to train together in groups - either as a whole team or within their general positions - on a day to day basis and work to refine a particular aspect of their game outside of this time; either scheduled by the coaches or of their own volition.

The 'Individual' sub-tab presents your squad; select a player's table row to bring up his Training Report on the right hand side of the screen.

From here, you can set up a new Individual Training Focus or begin training them in a New Position and adjust their Intensity at which they work on their additional craft. Advice and updates from your coaching staff is offered on all of this, beginning with a breakdown of the percentage of their additional time being spent on each area.

The 'Individual Training Focus' aspect of development allows you to target a specific area of a player's attribute profile and focus extra work on it. For example, you may have a talented defender who is lacking a bit in the heading department. In order to try and address this, you can select 'Heading' as an individual focus. If it's particularly weak, increasing the intensity will request that he works at it harder and for a longer period of time.

You can keep track of the effect this is having, if at all, by clicking on 'View Attribute Development'. Select a 'Training Category' from the drop-down menu to label the appropriate attributes for that area in different colours, which area also plotted on the graph at the bottom to show month-by-month progress.

Coaches
The 'Coaches' tab, available from the tabs in the bottom panel, controls how your coaching staff handles training. Each coach is, by default, assigned to work in every aspect of training, unless they are of a specific type (i.e. goalkeeping or fitness), in which case they are restricted to that area only.

Each member of your backroom staff is likely to be particularly proficient in a particular aspect of training. If this is the case, it is worthwhile to assign them to this/these area(s) only. Proficiency in an aspect of training is graded on a star rating, one star being poor whilst five stars are excellent. A higher number of stars will increase the effectiveness of the training schedules on your players. A coach with high attributes in key areas who is only assigned to coach categories he is strong in will result in a much better training schedule.

In order for your coaches to be as useful as possible to you in your training schedules, you should endeavour to find the correct attributes required for more stars in their area of training.

Strength: Coaches should have a high Fitness rating.
Aerobic: Coaches should have a high Fitness rating.
Goalkeeping: Coaches should have a high Coaching Goalkeepers rating.
Tactics: Coaches should have a high Tactical rating.
Defending: Coaches should have high ratings in Coaching Defending and Tactical.
Ball Control: Coaches should have high ratings in coaching Technical and Mental.
Attacking: Coaches should have high ratings in coaching Attacking and Tactical.
Shooting: Coaches should have high ratings in coaching Attacking and Technical.

Youth
Everything in this section applies to Youth Training. Your youth team players will train together, but bear in mind that as younger players who are still physically developing, intensities will behave differently and you may have to balance and fine-tune things a bit more accurately to get the best out of them. Your senior coaches may work with the youth team in addition to youth team coaches if you wish to give them the benefit of their strengths and experience, whilst youth players may be invited to train with the first team should you wish them to do so (by promoting them into a squad above the youth team).
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #238
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
Does anybody understand the new training system? It seems a little redundant, and I'm just not sure how the different schedules work together. Does anybody know how this new feature operates?

see post 188. I took it from the SI forums and it has been invaluable to me.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #239
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I applaud the FM team!

FMC is a godsend for someone like me who has tried and tried to work my way into this game.

It's perfectly laid out, beautiful as all get out, and has allowed me to just play the game without having to worry about all the micro stuff I never could fully understand.

I just took the lowest team in the lowest BS South division, Truro City and with the help of my Assman, I'm already playing games and watching my semi-pro players on the pitch!

I figured I'll sit back for a bit, learn, and tweak the team here and there as the season goes on.

I really can't stress enough how well laid out FMC is for me.

Thank you!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #240
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Yeah, I'm pretty sure FMC is going to be a big addition for me too. I tend to get pretty bogged down in many of the details like team talks and press conferences. I think I'm in for some much longer careers now (real time and game time both). Really hope they think about letting people tweak the amount of nations/leagues/players in the next iteration though.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #241
MrBug708
Head Coach

I like the team management details in regular FM, but love the quick sim aspect of FMC
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #242
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
its nice to see SI still hasnt fixed the MLS. here i am, 7 games into my 2nd season coaching Chicago. i get them to the MLS finals last year and win the US open. well 7 games into my 2nd yr im already getting board room bitching because im "under performing in the league" despite being in 3rd place with games in hand. seriously what is this shit, theyre dissapointed im only on course to be competative in the MLS when they expect me to reach the finals. were 7 fucking games into the season and im in the playoff seeding right now. this is the same shit that happened several FM's ago the last time i played in the mls. is it really that hard for a bunch of englishmen to comprehend how the MLS works? its like each and every team is managed by the toronto idiots.

also both LA and NY fired their manager last season about 2/3 the way through, despite both being 2nd in their seedings, they were fired for drawing a game

what a load of crap. i just got fired from my Chicago job mid season. my team is top of the entire table with at least 1 game in hand, but i lose 1 damn game and im fired. im also well below the cap and the team is happy with all aspect of my team except for that stupid league bug that makes them trigger happy because you havnt qualified for the playoffs 1/3 of the way thru the season. has anyone here sucessfully played 3 seasons on the same team in MLS without getting fired? i remember it being this way back in FM11
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #243
Grover
Pro Starter

Getting a ton of xml parsing errors today.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #244
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh: Miles with the *sad trombone* for those who managed to acquire early copies of FM13:

@MilesSI For those who have boxed copies of #FM13, congrats! Doesn't mean you get to play before release though, which is November 2nd at 00.01 GMT.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #245
Qrusher14242
High School JV

someone will get it working heh
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #246
McLovin
Mascot

Steklo X3 is out if anyone likes dark skins.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #247
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Game is updating as I type. Had to restart Steam to trigger the auto-update.
Not much time to play have to be to work at 5am

~380mb and done. Happy FM day!

Last edited by Sweed : 11-01-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #248
Balldog
Pro Rookie

My Internet connection blows! How do you get box version?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #249
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

DL now, up and playing. had that same corrupt game file message but fixed it quickly just like last time. just turn off AV and go to games properties in steam and click properties/local files/verify integrity

once that loads, then click the game and it should install if you left your anti-virus off. then once its all installed you can turn your AV back on
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #250
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
My Internet connection blows! How do you get box version?

There probably isn't in the US. Even if there is, you'd likely still need to download fairly sizable patches for a poor internet connection.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-02-2012 at 12:29 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote