Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #201
SuperGrover
Mascot

So, UConn is good this year? Since when?

The jury is still out because they haven't beaten anyone who can play, but Pomeroy and Sagaring love them. They do have 5 losses but they're against tough competition with three of them being on the road. They'll have plenty of chances to prove whether they are a quality team or not.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #202
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Both Texas and Oklahoma State suffered hangovers from their epic 3OT game last week. Texas and, more importantly, Kevin Durant, simply ran out of gas in the second half on the road against Villanova and lost 76-69. Oklahoma State never got on track, and was blown out at Texas A&M, losing 67-49. The Aggies are looking tough this season.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #203
SuperGrover
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Both Texas and Oklahoma State suffered hangovers from their epic 3OT game last week. Texas and, more importantly, Kevin Durant, simply ran out of gas in the second half on the road against Villanova and lost 76-69. Oklahoma State never got on track, and was blown out at Texas A&M, losing 67-49. The Aggies are looking tough this season.

Actually, Oklahoma State just sucks.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #204
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Wild night in the Big 12. Bobby Knight gets his second straight win over a Top 10 team, beating A&M 70-68 in Lubbock after beating Kansas on Saturday. Texas has a hard fought win in Lincoln, beating Nebraska 62-61 when the Huskers missed their last shot with 2 seconds left.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #205
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Evidence continues to mount that Coach K has clearly signed a pact with the devil (or the ACC office, one or the other). Tonight Duke wins the game against Clemson a second-and-a-half after the game should have ended and gone to overtime.

Basically, what happened was, with five seconds to go and Clemson trailing by three, McBob and Ron...er...Greg Paulus have simultanous brain-farts that results in McBob throwing an inbound pass directly to a Clemson player at the three-point line. Said Clemson player buries the three-pointer and ties the game and the game seemingly is headed to OT with 1.8 on the clock. Problem is the clock operator totally f'ed up and didn't run the clock until the ball was into the net and then didn't stop it until it reached 1.8. How the officials arrive at the resulting time remaining is beyond comprehension as they put the clock to 4.4 seconds left. Naturally, it took 4.3 of those seconds to run through Clemson's (admittedly) matador defense to get a lay-up in just before the horn. However, unless that three-pointer by Clemson occurred in some strange time-warp, there's no physical way for that ball to have been caught, squared-up, and shot through from a 20-foot distance in just .6 seconds. But, it's Duke in Cameron on ESPN and K of course gets his way on it.

*sigh*

EDIT to add--someone out there has produced this little video for evidence: Does this look like it took six-tenths of a second to anyone?

Last edited by Wolfpack : 01-25-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #206
bhlloy
Coordinator

It sucks that Clemson got jobbed, but somebody should get benched for allowing the basket at the end. Basic basketball 101 right there. At least 2 of the team looked like they were heading off the court for overtime.

Greg Paulus might make the worst decisions of any point guard I have ever seen. The bounce pass he tried to make under his own basket and the two times he ran out of the way of passes that were straight at him were priceless. He also takes a lot of very bad running shots. It almost seems like he is trying to do too much and be too clever and it very rarely pays off.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #207
Butter
Coordinator

As a Clemson fan (thank goodness my wife was at class last night or she might've lost it... as it was I refused to show her the end of the game)... what a bunch of BS.

Granted, Clemson was gifted their way back into the game, but they didn't deserve to have the game taken away from them.

It really didn't take the end of the game to show that the refs were, are, and always will be in K's back pocket... Duke has always gotten away with bumping and slapping on defense, and McRoberts threw about 3-4 elbows straight into people's chests to create the space for himself that he needs to score. I can't believe he's being touted as a legitimate NBA prospect. You have got to be kidding me. Nelson's not a bad player, but McRoberts is Tyler Hansbrough without the quick feet or agile moves.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #208
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Clemson was robbed, but you should never let a game come down to officiating.

This team is coming along nicely, and Oliver Purnell is a talented coach that many just arent aware of...

Besides just stay .500 and make a tourny once every 5-7 years and we are happy
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #209
Butter
Coordinator

When a game is consistently slanted away from you in terms of officiating, I don't think there was a choice in letting the game come down to officiating. The whole game came down to officiating.

I am a big Univ. of Dayton fan as well, which is where Purnell coached prior to Clemson, so we know about his quality up here. He was a good coach here and a very nice guy, so I hope he gets Clemson back to some Rick Barnes-era type success and sticks around a while. Seems like they are on the verge of being very, very good.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #210
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Washington gets a much-needed confidence boost by taking down the hated Ducks of Oregon. We'll see if that jump starts the rest of their season, as they'll need a very strong finish to return to the NCAA tourney for a 4th consecutive season.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #211
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Now this would be sweet to see... Duck Fuke!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2743071

Arenas says he'd score '84 or 85' against Duke

WASHINGTON -- Gilbert Arenas would like to go back to school and teach Coach K a lesson.

The Washington Wizards All-Star figures he could score "84 or 85" points if he got a chance to play Duke and coach Mike Krzyzewski, who cut Arenas from the U.S. national team last summer.

Arenas has promised this season to take out his frustrations about the national team on Krzyzewski's Team USA assistants, Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni and Portland coach Nate McMillan.

Arenas scored 54 points against the Suns last month and has said his next 50-point game will come against the Trail Blazers on Feb. 11, prompting D'Antoni to say: "I can't wait to see what he does against Duke. He's gonna kill Duke."

"He'd like to see what I'm going to do against Duke," Arenas wrote in a posting this week on his nba.com blog. "I thought it was funny because if I have the chance to go back to college, I'll give up one NBA season to play against Duke.

"One college game that's five fouls, right? ... 40-minute game at Duke, they got soft rims I'd probably score 84 or 85. I wouldn't pass the ball. I wouldn't even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person," he wrote.

Arenas was one of the final cuts from Team USA before last year's world championships. The team announced he was released because of a strained groin, but Arenas said the injury was minor and a convenient excuse to cut a player who was getting little playing time.

Arenas, who has made a career out of using snubs as motivation, made a late surge in the All-Star fan voting to pass Vince Carter and earn a spot in the starting lineup, announced Thursday.

Arenas trailed Carter by more than 200,000 votes as of Jan. 11, but he nipped Carter by 3,010 -- the fourth-closest margin ever -- to gain the spot alongside Dwyane Wade for the East in next month's game at Las Vegas.

"Dreams do come true, no matter what people say," Arenas said. "Just work hard and things come to life. I am a living truth of it."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
Old 01-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #212
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Except he's already played Duke. Lost the title to them some years back with Arizona and he played like crap in the game.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #213
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight View Post
"Just work hard and things come to life. I am a living truth of it."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

What better Living Truth or Living Proof?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #214
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Stanford freshman Brook Lopez notches a triple-double against USC: 18 pts., 11 rebounds, and 12 blocks.

Too bad the game started at 11 eastern time. If his name were Greg Oden, Josh McRoberts, or Kevin Durant, he'd be getting major pub. Oh, well.

Prediction for Sunday: Stanford 66, UCLA 63
Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #215
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Stanford freshman Brook Lopez notches a triple-double against USC: 18 pts., 11 rebounds, and 12 blocks.

Too bad the game started at 11 eastern time. If his name were Greg Oden, Josh McRoberts, or Kevin Durant, he'd be getting major pub. Oh, well.

Prediction for Sunday: Stanford 66, UCLA 63

I was very impressed by both of the Lopez's defense. USC were intimidated the entire night. I actually watched the LA doubleheader last night, having watched UCLA beat Cal before hand. UCLA looked a bit off yesterday but still controlled most of the game. Should be a good game in Sunday. Hopefully it is televised locally.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #216
digamma
Torchbearer

The ACC has admitted they had a "timing error" at the end of the Duke-Clemson game.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #217
miami_fan
Coordinator

A few pretty good games throughout the day with more to come. A few thoughts so far.

1) WTF Arizona? No disrespect to Carolina, they did play a great game but 28 points? In a game where the Heels shot 5-22 from behind the arc? Something is not right in Tucson.

2) After seeing the teams put on the court by Quinn Snyder and Tommy Amaker, I think Johnny Dawkins is making a wise decision to not leave Coach K's side. On the other hand, Mike Brey is doing a good job with the Irish.

3) How good is Texas A&M really? I saw them for the first time today and I was not really impressed with the #6 team in the country. However, Jeff Capel is a guy who is going to do good things in Norman.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
A few pretty good games throughout the day with more to come. A few thoughts so far.

1) WTF Arizona? No disrespect to Carolina, they did play a great game but 28 points? In a game where the Heels shot 5-22 from behind the arc? Something is not right in Tucson.

Arizona was exactly the wrong team to play the Heels. Zona is weakest in the middle, and their main guy there (Radmenovich or however you spell his name) is soft for an inside guy and plays more of a finesse style. On top of that, they have very little depth, and are missing their "toughest" inside guy Kirk Walters. Not exactly a team you want to go against Hansbrough and cohorts underneath.

This is the worst Arizona team I have seen in, maybe, 20 years. They'll still be in the tourney, though.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #219
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Arizona was exactly the wrong team to play the Heels. Zona is weakest in the middle, and their main guy there (Radmenovich or however you spell his name) is soft for an inside guy and plays more of a finesse style. On top of that, they have very little depth, and are missing their "toughest" inside guy Kirk Walters. Not exactly a team you want to go against Hansbrough and cohorts underneath.

This is the worst Arizona team I have seen in, maybe, 20 years. They'll still be in the tourney, though.

A couple of things stood out to me and made me very happy with UNC's play and very suprised with Arizona's play. UNC didn't have Wright, and Hansbrough was totally shut down in the first half, but Lawson is really progressing well at PG and the other big men were solid giving UNC a nice sized first half lead, and all around solid game on the road.

Arizona really, really seemed mentally weak. They, as CR said, aren't all that deep, but they fell into the trap that UNC sets by playing the pace that they do. There was a stretch in the first half where UNC was only leading by 5-10 or so, and Arizona was just coming downcourt, passing once or twice and launching 3s. They showed no patience and were taking lots of bad shots, and never looked to try to slow the game down when they still had a chance to keep it close.

Even if Arizona is a bit down, I'm really happy to see UNC play so well on the road.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #220
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
A couple of things stood out to me and made me very happy with UNC's play and very suprised with Arizona's play. UNC didn't have Wright, and Hansbrough was totally shut down in the first half, but Lawson is really progressing well at PG and the other big men were solid giving UNC a nice sized first half lead, and all around solid game on the road.

Arizona really, really seemed mentally weak. They, as CR said, aren't all that deep, but they fell into the trap that UNC sets by playing the pace that they do. There was a stretch in the first half where UNC was only leading by 5-10 or so, and Arizona was just coming downcourt, passing once or twice and launching 3s. They showed no patience and were taking lots of bad shots, and never looked to try to slow the game down when they still had a chance to keep it close.

Even if Arizona is a bit down, I'm really happy to see UNC play so well on the road.

After seeing parts of that demolition, I just have a few words regarding our upcoming meeting: be gentle. Please. (If this team could get crushed at home by Duke's worst team in a decade, I think Carolina can name their score against the Pack this year.)
Old 01-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #221
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Stanford rallies from down 17 to knock off UCLA. They should be ranked on Monday, and I think they've punched their ticket to the dance. UCLA'll be ok, though.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:40 AM   #222
SuperGrover
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Stanford rallies from down 17 to knock off UCLA. They should be ranked on Monday, and I think they've punched their ticket to the dance. UCLA'll be ok, though.

Still a long way to go. Stanford has a tough schedule the rest of the way and could easily 5-5 which would make for a nervous Selection Sunday for the Cardinal.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #223
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGrover View Post
Still a long way to go. Stanford has a tough schedule the rest of the way and could easily 5-5 which would make for a nervous Selection Sunday for the Cardinal.
Pac-10 has a high enough RPI that I think any .500 or better (conference record) team could make it this year.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #224
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This missed dunk was hilarious.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #225
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This missed dunk was hilarious.

You complete me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #226
Johnny93g
College Starter

Indiana 71, #2 Wisconsin 66

BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #227
miami_fan
Coordinator

I was hoping the Tar Heels were going to be gentle.

Canes- 64
Tar Heels- 105

I guess not
Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #228
wbatl1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I was hoping the Tar Heels were going to be gentle.

Canes- 64
Tar Heels- 105

I guess not

Yeah, we put in the end of the benchers for the last 1.5 minutes, and they scored 7 points. Thats rough...
Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #229
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Myles, sorry about tonight. Memphis was too talented. I hope UCF can continue to improve.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:38 PM   #230
miami_fan
Coordinator

This kid Durant from Texas. He is pretty good.

Texas may want to have some sort of ceremony for him near the end of the year. He won't be around for his Senior Night. Or Junior Night.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #231
kingfc22
Head Coach

Durant >>> Oden
Old 01-31-2007, 09:58 PM   #232
cartman
Death Herald

Very impressive game by the Horns. Tech has been damn near unbeatable at home.

At the risk of sounding like a Texas homer, Durant reminds me a bit of Magic Johnson in the way he plays. He can play all 5 positions without any drop off. He can post up down low, and he can hit the 3 at will. Simply a dominating performance for him tonight. 37 points/23 rebounds.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #233
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I thought that was a misprint...37 pts and 23 boards? Good lord.

With a player like that on your team, your tournament run can last a pretty long time.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 PM   #234
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Indiana 71, #2 Wisconsin 66

The Hoosiers are on their way back to being an elite program. Maybe not this year, but soon...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 PM   #235
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Very impressive game by the Horns. Tech has been damn near unbeatable at home.

At the risk of sounding like a Texas homer, Durant reminds me a bit of Magic Johnson in the way he plays. He can play all 5 positions without any drop off. He can post up down low, and he can hit the 3 at will. Simply a dominating performance for him tonight. 37 points/23 rebounds.

Plus he's what, 12 years younger than Greg Oden?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #236
SuperGrover
Mascot

Quote:

I would say Durant reminds me of a combination of Kevin Garnett and Tracy McGrady. A bigger, much more physical Vince Carter. A more athletic Magic.

Basically, I'm saying the kid is one of a kind.

Texas still is going to struggle against the upper echelon. However, Durant is something special. I will be shocked if he is not an All-Star within 4 years.

I'd still take Oden #1 however.

Oh and Gonzaga and Stanford going down to the wire. Would not be a great loss for the Pac 10.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #237
Huckleberry
College Starter

I heard it was the first 35/20 performance in a non-OT game in 3 years. That is for the entire nation.

I may have to make it to Austin for one of our home games. It's not like I'll have a chance to make it to one next year to watch him.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #238
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
After seeing parts of that demolition, I just have a few words regarding our upcoming meeting: be gentle. Please. (If this team could get crushed at home by Duke's worst team in a decade, I think Carolina can name their score against the Pack this year.)

ummmm. Uhoh.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #239
Radii
Head Coach

Congrats to NC State.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #240
cartman
Death Herald

Texas ran into a K-State team that was on fire from 3 point range. Durant still scored over 30 points, but K-State, which for the season was around 30% from 3 point range, knocked down 14 of 27 threes. K-State ends Texas' 22 game home win streak 73-72
Old 02-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #241
SuperGrover
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Congrats to NC State.

I haven't been this upset after a regular season loss in quite some time. Just a terrible loss.

this team needs to find a way to exert their will on the opposition. We simply set back and let NC State play Princeton-ball for about 37 of the 40 minutes of the game. They shot 60 f*(king percent. Unbelievable.

F*(k. I'm gonna be pissed until at least Monday.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #242
miami_fan
Coordinator

Thumbs up Congrats to the Iona Gaels!

They finally won a game this season. They are now 1-22 for the year and 1-12 in the Metro Atlantic.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #243
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

The Big 12 is having some awesome games this year. Texas A&M beat Kansas for the first time EVER. It is also the first time a Big 12 South team has ever won at Kansas. I really think the Aggies can make it to the final 4 this year if they keep this up.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #244
timmynausea
College Starter

West Virginia has won 4 in a row to make it an impressive 18-4 for the year. They've been a huge and pleasant surprise for WVU fans who expected a tough rebuilding year. I really probably shouldn't even post about it as they have immediately lost after every time I've mentioned them in this thread.

We're about to find out what they're really made of as they play Pitt, UCLA and Georgetown over the next 9 days.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:14 AM   #245
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

dawgfan, what's your take on the Huskies' issues right now?

I know they lost a ton last year, and I have a lot of respect for what Roy meant to them, but losing so badly to a poor Arizona team (for them, I mean) really makes me wonder. I was thinking UDub would pull out of its funk as the kids got more seasoning, but it doesn't seem to be happening yet.

Arizona needs to turn things around, too, to be sure they don't become a late decline victim for the selection committee. I seriously wonder if both UDub and UA will miss out on the tourney this year, despite all that talent. I have been hoping they would both get it together and perhaps get us in as much as seven teams, but I know seven is probably a pipe dream for a ten team league.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:42 AM   #246
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Well, it's still not out of the question for the UW to win 20 and finish .500 in the Pac-10, and given the strength of the conference this year, that could be enough to get them in. But even if they do, I don't have much confidence they'll do anything.

I think there are a number of issues with this team. Youth is obviously one issue; Hawes is a man-child and is very good already, but the rest of the heralded freshman class is going through major growing pains. Pondexter started off great, but he's regressed - not enough confidence in his outside shooting, not enough skill yet to create off the dribble. Nelson's forte was supposed to be his long-distance shooting, but he's struggled with his shot so far, and while he's game defensively, he doesn't have the skillset for it. Oliver shows potential, but he's not the point guard many of us figured and he hasn't developed the rest of his game enough yet to be a difference-maker.

A bigger issue is that this team lacks enough good defensive players. Romar's system will always be geared more towards run and gun, but in the past he's had enough gritty defensive players (Conroy, Robinson, Roy, Jones) to throw at opponents to get critical stops. Right now, there isn't that player on the Huskies - Hawes has the height to block shots, but he's a freshman that finds himself out of position too much and doesn't yet have the lower-body strength to handle burly post players. Brockman is a willing physical player, but he gets into foul trouble too easily and doesn't have the lateral quickness for more agile 4's. Pondexter has the physical potential to be a Bobby Jones type defender, but he's not there yet.

Another issue is ball-handling and distribution - we were hoping Dentmon would build on a promising freshman season, but he's been wildly inconsistent as a floor-general, and Appleby hasn't improved enough to be a reliable point. Oliver hasn't really shown the moxie for the position yet either. Too often, the Huskies face packed zones and just fire away from 3-point range rather than exploit their advantages in the post with Hawes and Brockman, and Pondexter isn't driving to the hoop like he was earlier in the season.

Having Hawes playing through a lengthy bout of the flu and an ankle sprain has also slowed the development of the team - the guards need all the experience they can get playing with a full-strength Hawes to learn how to feed the post, something the Huskies haven't had before under Romar.

I also think that they've developed a mental block about playing on the road this year - they didn't have a road game until Gonzaga, got whupped, got whupped again by UCLA and dropped some other close games in-conference on the road and now it's gotten into their heads.

If Hawes comes back next year this team could be scary-good. I think they just need more seasoning and they'll be fine, but it may be too late for this season.

What's funny and depressing at the same time is how many Husky fans are now turning on Romar and bitching about his coaching. Funny how raising expectations dramatically can turn around and bite a coach in the ass. I wouldn't trade Romar for any of the guys before him going back to when Harshman was unceremoniously forced into retirement. While I know Romar has some flaws, I'll take those few bad points along with all of the tremendous good he's brought to the program.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:51 AM   #247
SuperGrover
Mascot

The biggest issue with UW is they play no defense. None at all. THAT is their issue.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #248
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I really think the Aggies can make it to the final 4 this year if they keep this up.

If they do I think I will likely vomit...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #249
bhlloy
Coordinator

Actually, the biggest problem with UW is that they were on the cover of SI's season preview (in the west anyway). I also believe that LSU were on the cover of the southeast edition. The curse is alive and well.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #250
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGrover View Post
The biggest issue with UW is they play no defense. None at all. THAT is their issue.
I think I addressed that in my post, and yes, that is a major problem for this team - but not the only one.