Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2023, 07:35 AM   #24601
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Also, speaking of car dealerships, I just read yet another article about the imminent demise of Carvana. FOFC may be able to pick up a couple of collosal vending machines on the cheap if we want.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 07:51 AM   #24602
jcard
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I heard about that one but haven't tasted it yet. I'm still in love with the new Dr. Pepper Strawberries and Cream. That one is a HR.

This past summer the local stores had something called Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Dreamworld. I thought it tasted like Triaminic or some other kid medicine (which, as any self-respecting elementary school student knows, is only palatable on the condition you are going to get to stay home from school for the day).
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:01 AM   #24603
Ksyrup

Yes, I was not a fan of that one. Never tried Coke Byte (I think that was the name) because it was only available online.

I was a big fan of Coke Starlight which tasted like toasted marshmallows or s'mores, but I was the only one in my family who liked it. I'd buy that regularly if they brought it back. I finished my last small can right before the end of 2022.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-25-2023, 09:03 AM   #24604
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
... Later, I saw online that apparently, this is a kindof common thing between dealerships - trading inventory from one dealer to another to get what you want for a customer. We roll in there Saturday morning, ready to get the car. Signing the paperwork for $18K, I notice it's the VIN from the place that couldn't budge below $20K and when we got out to the car, I noticed they had scratched off the sticker on the back of the car from the other place and added their decal instead. There was something a bit satisfying about that.

SI
Yup, happens all the time. As a matter of fact, if you ever want a part time job were you get to drive new cars around, most dealers are always looking for guys to drive those cars. You take a car from one dealership and you drive anywhere from a few miles to 100 miles to get a different vehicle to drive back. People that do it are usually retired and just looking for some extra income. If you ever got a new car that had 60-100 miles on it, then most likely it was a dealer-trade car.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:44 AM   #24605
cuervo72
Head Coach

Nick Offerman wrote a little about being such a driver a couple times...and wrecking at least one of the vehicles.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #24606
Edward64
Head Coach

My son worked at a car dealership in college. He did this (and also delivered cars to the buyers). He enjoyed driving some of the higher priced cars.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #24607
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I heard about that one but haven't tasted it yet. I'm still in love with the new Dr. Pepper Strawberries and Cream. That one is a HR.

Alright, bought a 12 pack today. Got the regular (is there a Zero version?).

It was good but it could have a tad stronger/intense taste. Could be my taste buds though.

A 12 pack was $7.50. A 3x12 packs was $15. So also got the Zero Cream and Zero Dr. Pepper (not the Diet Dr. Pepper).

Some crazy prices on 2-liter Cokes, never going to pay $3.50 Kroger. I get inflation but that's a big jump from $2 to $2.99 per 2-liter. There's always a sale every 2 weeks or so.

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-25-2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:04 PM   #24608
Ksyrup

I only drink zero, so yes, there's a zero version. For me, it was just the right flavor and actually has a sweeter taste than I'm used to. I think the reason I like it so much is the nostalgia - it reminds me of the perfect combination of Dr. Pepper and the old Nestle Strawberry Nesquick powder drink.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:16 PM   #24609
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
it reminds me of the perfect combination of Dr. Pepper and the old Nestle Strawberry Nesquick powder drink.

Okay, despite the wave of nausea it creates, I can at least imagine mixing those two things.

The word "perfect" however, no, that is not any part of such imagination.
Old 02-25-2023, 01:12 PM   #24610
Ksyrup

Well, the tastes are perfect for me, anyway. I'm not suggesting it tastes like strawberry milk pop, but it tastes like Dr. Pepper if you added that type of strawberry flavor to it. I like it. They made it a permanent flavor before introducing it to the general public, so I'm guessing they got very favorable feedback in whatever taste tests they did.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-25-2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 10:42 PM   #24611
Edward64
Head Coach

I was actually comparing it to below in flavor intensity.

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-25-2023 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:36 AM   #24612
Edward64
Head Coach

I have my doubts but I'll try it. I hope I like it, another way to flavor my black coffee. They better not add an additional $1+ to a Grande though.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/21/star...ed-coffee.html
Quote:
Starbucks has a new way to customize its coffee: olive oil.

The coffee giant will launch its “Oleato” line in its roughly two dozen Italian locations on Wednesday and plans to bring it to Southern California this spring. The United Kingdom, Japan and the Middle East will follow later this year.

Oleato means “with oil,” according to Starbucks.

The idea was born from a trip that outgoing CEO Howard Schultz took to Italy this summer, where he witnessed Sicilians drinking olive oil as a daily ritual. He, too, began drinking olive oil alongside his daily coffee and decided that Starbucks should try to mix the two together.

Schultz teased the release on the company’s earnings call earlier in February, calling it “alchemy” and a “game-changer.”
Old 02-26-2023, 03:15 PM   #24613
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I was actually comparing it to below in flavor intensity.

That, I can at least, get my head around.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:39 AM   #24614
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have a lot of friends with kids who are super involved in dance. It is a big thing around here. Predictably my facebook feed is flooded ith pictures from competitions, etc...which is fine, but it is impossible not to notice that they dress these nine your old girls up like cheap hookers. It's weird.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 05:02 PM   #24615
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Here's a handy tip in case anyone ever has to deal with the confounded contraptions I just got whacked by. (yes, this feels like "random" not "mental health")

Long story short: wife had some retail-styled clothes racks. You know, like the merch in a boutique hangs on. On wheels, two parallel rods to a rack.
I was extracting the next batch of stuff to go to the dry cleaners from those racks & suddenly gravity intervened.

One piece too many from the "inside" rod & the weight on the "outside" rod took over. The damned thing kicked out & up and crashed to the ground.
The base cracking me in the shins as it flew outward.

Sigh. Yes, I have it upright again, balanced again, and reloaded.

But FML, that was NOT on my agenda today nor do I suspect that it's something any of you ever wanna do to yourself in the odd chance you end up fucking with one of those racks for any reason. Hell, I had no experience
dealing with the stupid thing, I didn't have a clue that might happen. So I share to help you avoid the same FML moment.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:13 PM   #24616
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Odd Random Happening:

I was going to the shower, heard a truck outside the front of the house, looked out a window and saw a regular-issue postal delivery vehicle.

Our mailbox is in back, and everything gets delivered to the back door, so I thought that was odd, but made a note to check the front door later (we've had packages sit out there for a week without noticing them in the past).

When my wife got back from work a few minutes ago, I remembered the delivery and she went out to check.

Door Dash. Delivered by the post office. A first name on the receipt (no last name), a toll-free call-back number. No address. We've never ordered Door Dash. Four nicely packaged entrees and a receipt for $52. Hopefully, since it's cold outside, still OK after more than an hour on the porch.

We could call the restaurant or the toll-free number that might be the person who ordered it. Or, since this is weird beyond weird and the damage is already done, we have a nice dinner for tomorrow. Last thing I want is to be accused of being a porch pirate. Hopefully, whoever ordered it has a door cam and knows it was never delivered.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 06:18 PM   #24617
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Odd Random Happening:

I was going to the shower, heard a truck outside the front of the house, looked out a window and saw a regular-issue postal delivery vehicle.

Our mailbox is in back, and everything gets delivered to the back door, so I thought that was odd, but made a note to check the front door later (we've had packages sit out there for a week without noticing them in the past).

When my wife got back from work a few minutes ago, I remembered the delivery and she went out to check.

Door Dash. Delivered by the post office. A first name on the receipt (no last name), a toll-free call-back number. No address. We've never ordered Door Dash. Four nicely packaged entrees and a receipt for $52. Hopefully, since it's cold outside, still OK after more than an hour on the porch.

We could call the restaurant or the toll-free number that might be the person who ordered it. Or, since this is weird beyond weird and the damage is already done, we have a nice dinner for tomorrow. Last thing I want is to be accused of being a porch pirate. Hopefully, whoever ordered it has a door cam and knows it was never delivered.

To add to the weirdness? Googling about this led me to discover that DoorDash will now pick up packages for you & drop them off to be shipped by your chosen courier (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc)

But nothing I see about USPS delivery for DoorDash. THAT is strange.

edit: of course the most obvious answer is, I guess, that an enterprising postal worker has decided to do a side job while they do their main job

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-27-2023 at 06:22 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:04 PM   #24618
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

The phone number, from reverse lookup, belongs to Door Dash. So, finding who ordered the food isn't going to happen. The restaurant only handles take-out orders online (the Door Dash markup is 20% - something to keep in mind if it's only a mild inconvenience to pick up your own food), so I can't contact them.

The other part of this mystery is that the date on the receipt is yesterday's, not today's. But we think we would have noticed a delivery around that time yesterday, plus why would the USPS driver stop at our door today, turn off the engine, and leave nothing.

Yeah, it must be a USPS driver picking up extra cash on his own, at taxpayer expense (wear and tear on the vehicle, maybe even still on the clock). Not my problem, though. If a manager at the USPS is so bad at his/her job that this is even possible, it's just not worth saying anything.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:27 PM   #24619
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Yeah, it must be a USPS driver picking up extra cash on his own, at taxpayer expense (wear and tear on the vehicle, maybe even still on the clock). Not my problem, though. If a manager at the USPS is so bad at his/her job that this is even possible, it's just not worth saying anything.

I actually doublechecked with a veteran postal employee I know, just to see if this has become a known issue or anything. She was as bewildered as me, particularly because any deviation of more than like 1.5 miles from their assigned route should be caught & questioned. That's like a real no-no even for small towns where carriers are using their own personal vehicles. (She's been reported and then questioned for going off-route on her own time after her route was already finished -- her pov is marked as a mail delivery vehicle etc -- just for picking up dinner on her way home for the day)

So if it IS what is kinda looks like, I doubt it'll be a scam that happens very long. USPS is a clusterfuck but they do manage to know the length of their routes, extra mileage would show up on a USPS-owned vehicle.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:40 PM   #24620
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Was walking the dog and we saw a hawk sitting on a mound of dirt.

It turned to look at us and it had a still attached strand of a squirrel's intestine hanging out of its beak.

It was like watching a child eat spaghetti.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 03:23 AM   #24621
Edward64
Head Coach

You go girl. Enjoy life, you aren't hurting anyone so frak what others say or think.

Quote:
She’s hung up on another younger man.

Insiders are saying that Madonna has a new lover in her life: 29-year-old boxing coach Josh Popper, according to the Daily Mail.

Popper is training one of Madonna’s children at Flatiron District gym Bredwinners, according to the report, and is also on this season of Bravo’s Hamptons reality TV show “Summer House.”

The 64-year-old split from her latest boy toy, skateboarder and model Andrew Darnell, 23, just last week.
Old 03-02-2023, 04:21 PM   #24622
Edward64
Head Coach

I like my optometrist but do not like the eyewear co. that is in the same office as him selling frames, prescription lenses & contacts.

I have always suspected that I could get a better deal in the internet. I know this has been true for contacts (from what my wife tells me) and I do think if you have a complicated prescription, it is probably worth the premium you pay for the peace of mind.

However, if you have single vision prescription, no funky astigmatism, definitely consider buying the frame & lens online. I just paid for one today and, although I had to check out glasses.com, target optical, lenscrafters, pearle (sucky website) and do the price compares, I found a great deal for the frame & lenses I wanted.

Yes, you can enter your vision insurance info on their website. I did the without and with compares, and could see a 50%+ different in price.
Old 03-02-2023, 04:45 PM   #24623
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I get the script then go to Costco.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 04:48 PM   #24624
Edward64
Head Coach

I've been to Costco but they really don't have a wide variety of name brand frames. If you are happy with the basic frame or limited options, then sure.

I've found (so far) glasses.com has the largest selection. Lenscrafters also has a good selection but it tried forcing me to higher priced lenses (fancy stuff) but glasses.com didn't, that was a min savings of about $80.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:34 PM   #24625
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ok, this Murdaugh stuff is interesting enough to some I guess, but is it really "World News?"
Old 03-02-2023, 06:19 PM   #24626
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Ok, this Murdaugh stuff is interesting enough to some I guess, but is it really "World News?"

I just looked out of curiosity.

It's currently the #1 story on bbc.com

edit to add: I will say that further review gives me a sense that the page is a LOT more heavily U.S. oriented than I normally see on a quick visit. Not sure if that's a new thing or what.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-02-2023 at 06:20 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:29 PM   #24627
Edward64
Head Coach

Found guilty.

No need for a suicide watch, hope he offs himself and save taxpayers a bunch of money. Some people just deserve to die.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:34 PM   #24628
cuervo72
Head Coach

Jeez NBC even broke in (into their own newscast) with a SPECIAL REPORT on the verdict. As my wife said "it's like it's OJ or something."

Last edited by cuervo72 : 03-02-2023 at 06:37 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:35 PM   #24629
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Found guilty.

No need for a suicide watch, hope he offs himself and save taxpayers a bunch of money. Some people just deserve to die.

I'm kind of surprised the verdict came back so quickly.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:39 PM   #24630
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I just looked out of curiosity.

It's currently the #1 story on bbc.com

edit to add: I will say that further review gives me a sense that the page is a LOT more heavily U.S. oriented than I normally see on a quick visit. Not sure if that's a new thing or what.

Well outside the UK bbc.com directs to an entirely different 'international' site than those within the UK see, that is surely much more US focused....but I also don't think that's anywhere near new.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:19 PM   #24631
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

There is a Netflix show about it that the wife and I planned to watch this weekend. I don't know what the feed looks like elsewhere but that was the first thing that popped up on my screen when I open the app a few days ago.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:21 PM   #24632
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Well outside the UK bbc.com directs to an entirely different 'international' site than those within the UK see, that is surely much more US focused....but I also don't think that's anywhere near new.

This was several times more U.S.-centric that I'd ever seen on the site previously. (that's the "newness" I was referring to)
Old 03-02-2023, 08:30 PM   #24633
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
There is a Netflix show about it that the wife and I planned to watch this weekend. I don't know what the feed looks like elsewhere but that was the first thing that popped up on my screen when I open the app a few days ago.

The only reason I had known about this was the Netflix series.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:37 PM   #24634
Ksyrup

Really? The entire saga has been covered as big news for months.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:09 PM   #24635
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, it's gotten the 20\20/Dateline/48 Hours and whatever other murder shows treatment for a while. But I don't know why *this one* is getting so much national, nightly news attention. Other than they think it gets eyeballs. In the grand scheme of things, I don't see it as particularly important. (Not that these days half of the news is, I guess. Old guy yelling at cloud and all that.)
Old 03-02-2023, 10:19 PM   #24636
Ksyrup

I know the family is only a local/SC celebrity but I assume the whole story involving the downfall of a rich family, embezzlement, murder, even a side story regarding a maid... It's got a little bit of everything.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:10 AM   #24637
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I have received all my information about the Murdaugh case by "Dateline: My Wife." She could be making crap up for all I know. I haven't read anything but the headlines about it, but she very enthusiastically tells me everything she hears as it goes.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:21 AM   #24638
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's one of those weird cases where I don't get how it bubbles to the top. It's definitely had outsized coverage for what it is. It would be one thing if it was Lindsey Graham or, as was mentioned above, OJ - someone who already had a Q rating. But, near as I can tell, no one outside of South Carolina knew who this guy was. Like if the local popular ambulance chaser (Jim Adler is Houston's, but most places have one) had gotten embroiled in some scandal, I wouldn't expect it to make national news.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-03-2023 at 07:23 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:23 AM   #24639
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This is literally the first I've heard of this case.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:35 AM   #24640
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I think it was a combination of factors.

1. That sleazy old South background and family who ran that part of the state.
2. The housekeeper who died mysteriously years ago (turns out he and the biggest bank in the state faked paying her family a settlement.)
3. The son who was murdered who a year earlier killed a cute girl in a boat crash and absolutely nothing happened.
4. The drugs and embezzlement from the law firm.
5. He then gets shot in the head on the side of the road in the most innocuous way possible.

Really all the salaciousness you could want for a murder mystery.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 03-03-2023 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:56 AM   #24641
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
3. The son who was murdered who a year earlier killed a cute girl in a boat crash and absolutely nothing happened.

The son could've been a great Senator from Massachusetts.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:54 AM   #24642
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

I vaguely remembered a story about a guy getting shot after his wife had been shot. I went on a small rabbit hole to see if that guy was Alex Murdaugh. As I read through the articles, my first thought was "Oh, these were the the Kennedys of the Lowcountry".
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-03-2023, 11:15 AM   #24643
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Interestingly enough, Murdaugh is how that Senator would pronounce murder.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 12:17 PM   #24644
miami_fan
Coordinator

This school year, the local school districts have told middle and high school teachers that assigned homework will not count towards a student's report card grade. The teachers can assign home work as "practice". But the grade can not go in the official grade book. There are exceptions to the no homework rule. It does not apply to essays, long-term projects or even assignments begun in class but sent home for completion. To quote the school district "The focus is on extra work that teachers often send home for students to practice or review content covered in class." None of my son's 9th grade teachers have assigned him any "practice" homework so they are following the rules.

Today, a message was sent through the school's group chat from the Class of 2026 counselor that the third quarter grading period ends next Friday. It also tells students and parents to ask their teachers what the students can do to bring up their grades.

Doesn't that amount to asking the teacher to assign homework that will be graded that will count towards the student's report card grade?
Old 03-03-2023, 12:18 PM   #24645
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
I vaguely remembered a story about a guy getting shot after his wife had been shot. I went on a small rabbit hole to see if that guy was Alex Murdaugh. As I read through the articles, my first thought was "Oh, these were the the Kennedys of the Lowcountry".

Possibly more inbred... but that could be debated.
Old 03-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #24646
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I think it was a combination of factors.

1. That sleazy old South background and family who ran that part of the state.
2. The housekeeper who died mysteriously years ago (turns out he and the biggest bank in the state faked paying her family a settlement.)
4. The drugs and embezzlement from the law firm.
5. He then gets shot in the head on the side of the road in the most innocuous way possible.

Really all the salaciousness you could want for a murder mystery.

That's right, I forgot about the son and the boat crash. That's actually what made this a big story to begin with as I recall there were questions about whether his death was related to that, and then you had the left turn of involving his dad, the embezzlement, the attempted staged killing/suicide. Really, I don't know how this story couldn't have become so big, given all the tentacles.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:24 PM   #24647
Edward64
Head Coach

Two life sentences.

I guess that's the best you can get if you're a non-capital offense person. Lifetime of appeals and a small tax payer fortune coming up.
Quote:
He will spend the next few weeks at the R&E facility where he faces rigorous testing before he will be assigned to a permanent state prison. As he is a double murderer, he will be housed with the state's most brutal and violent inmates.

Meanwhile, in Belgium, a woman who murdered her 5 kids 16 years ago, is voluntarily euthanized. I assume there is a rigorous process to make sure she's of sound mind, really wants to do this etc. It's an option I would consider if I was stuck in prison for rest of my life.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-03-2023 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:39 PM   #24648
Edward64
Head Coach

... and now for some levity

I don't come close to agreeing with this ranking and the methodology is suspect IMO but still interesting. I'll have to research if there is a better, world wide research/polling done.

(There's a ranking chart in the article, not able to embed here)

The 50 most attractive nationalities revealed: India is No.1, USA second - UK has most handsome men | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The 50 most attractive nationalities in the world have been revealed – and it's India that is No.1, with the USA beating Sweden to the runner-up spot.

The ranking was produced by an analysis of thousands of Reddit posts about attractive nations. Any Reddit posts referencing 'attractive', 'sexy', 'beautiful', 'handsome', 'gorgeous', 'good looking', 'pretty' and 'hot' with a country was analysed. A score was then created using the number of posts, comments and upvotes.

According to the study, by the swimwear brand Pour Moi, Japanese people are the fourth most attractive, Canadians the fifth best-looking and Brazilians the sixth.

The rest of the top ten comprises France (seventh), Italy (eighth), Ukraine (ninth) and Denmark (10th).
And for men, my guess is people are envisioning "Bond, James Bond". But I only see Austin Powers & King Charles.

Quote:
The UK misses out on a top 10 spot – it comes 12th. But the study revealed that British men are thought of as the most attractive.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-03-2023 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2023, 06:56 AM   #24649
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

After watching the docuseries and a bit more sleuthing, I understand why this was world news. I did not know that the killing of the wife and youngest son had been breaking news at least on Fox News when it happened. It was also picked up by some of media outlets under the Murdoch umbrella.

Sidenote: I think all Southern small towns have a Murdaugh family in it. The family who has been there forever and basically runs the town behind the scenes. Even in the area of Dade County I grew up in, there was a family who had a member of their family in multiple elected goverment positions who allegedly did all kinds of shady shit behind the scenes. Does this happen everywhere else?
Old 03-06-2023, 07:06 AM   #24650
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Sidenote: I think all Southern small towns have a Murdaugh family in it. The family who has been there forever and basically runs the town behind the scenes. Even in the area of Dade County I grew up in, there was a family who had a member of their family in multiple elected goverment positions who allegedly did all kinds of shady shit behind the scenes. Does this happen everywhere else?

I grew up in a small self-contained incorporated suburb, and we had two families like this. In fairness to them, I don't think that they were involved in high-level shady stuff that I was aware of. But I was around the same age as their kids, and I remember the kids bragging about getting caught with weed or underage drinking or whatever and laughing about how their dad made it go away.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote