Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2023, 11:36 AM   #24501
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
4.99 delivery fee plus a $5 tip just kills delivery pizza for me.

Charging $22.50 plus $1 per topping for an $8 pizza kills it for me.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:37 PM   #24502
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We don’t have fancy pizza like that here.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:09 PM   #24503
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
We don’t have fancy pizza like that here.

Hell, that's Pizza Hut, and I only exaggerate slightly.

Looking at them online right now, delivery (which they only do through a service now unless you're like a mile from the only two locations they have left here) is $16.79 for a large but then each topping is actually $4.78 !!!!

edit to add:
Johnny's is $16.89 and $3.50 to $4.50 per topping
Pizza Factory is $17.25 for their combos but there's no way to remove the salami from anything that has meat (wtf? salami? on PIZZA?)
Fully Loaded is $14.20 for a medium (11", PHut large is 14" for comparision) and $2.50 per topping
Papa John's starts at $14.09 for a 14", $17.09 for a 16", though they do throw in one topping then $1.60 each after that
Little Italy (best slices in town but they suuuuuck when delivered) is $31.45 (!!!) for a large and then $1.80 per topping
Bulldawg Pizza (which is really low end, bad pizza) is $12.99 and $2 per topping
Marco's is $18 for a large pepperoni, call it $20 once I at least add onion
Mama Sid's is $21.49 and $1 per topping [i] per half (so $2 per topping) ... just celebrated something like their 40th year here, best known for buffet

And no, I wasn't anal enough to just look that up, I was actually trying to find something to order and figured wth, I'll just look at these

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-10-2023 at 04:05 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:24 PM   #24504
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and re: Chinese -- how in the fuck do I live somewhere that has 3 chinese joints with various things I could get delivered but none of them have Mongolian Beef? I mean, just how in the fuck {shakes head}

edit: I stand corrected. One place DOES have it ... naturally it's the place I mentioned earlier whose food quality had dropped below anything edible

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-10-2023 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:40 PM   #24505
cuervo72
Head Coach

Too lazy to find the discussion on girls basketball. But, our HS JV team just lost 42...to 2.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 02-10-2023 at 07:40 PM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 07:49 PM   #24506
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Been there, sat through that!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:29 AM   #24507
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Too lazy to find the discussion on girls basketball. But, our HS JV team just lost 42...to 2.

Some HS game ended 4-2 as a protest against there not being a shot clock.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:48 AM   #24508
Ksyrup

I'm torn on that. We don't do it in KY and it's a big point of debate. I absolutely hate the 5 possession 4th quarters where the winning team just bleeds the clock. OTOH, you're asking players who generally can't shoot to throw up more shots because of a clock. So I could see it resulting in even worse quality games - if that's even possible.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-11-2023, 12:01 PM   #24509
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Our varsity girls led 38-0 at the half tonight, in a regular season region finale.

The losing team will next face a team that's beaten us by double digits twice in the first round of the region tournament, which will wrap up their 3-25 season.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:27 PM   #24510
Ksyrup

My daughter's old HS team is putting the wraps on a 2-24 season once they lose the play-in game at districts. They won 8 with her last year. I wish she had played with a different era of our basketball team or played elsewhere. She was way better than the players around her.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:55 PM   #24511
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So I could see it resulting in even worse quality games - if that's even possible.

It is, and it has.

It's new to Georgia, and it's been a mistake for all but the higher end winning teams.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:06 PM   #24512
cuervo72
Head Coach

It's just weird seeing (not really first hand, but following results) the huge disparity of talent. The FHS girls won a couple of state championships five years ago, though I guess that was helped by a G who is now playing for Arky. Now their JV is scoring a lone bucket?

(Of course that's not the only team that has had wildly fluctuating results. When I was going to football games because of the band, we got romped, regularly. One game we trailed by 50 at the half. This year, undefeated regular season. Similarly, the boys basketball team was middling-to-decent. This year? 20-0. Where the hell was all this when my kids went there??)
Old 02-11-2023, 07:19 PM   #24513
HerRealName
College Prospect

I've been able to stream a few of my nephew's JV games. His team's zone offense is to pull back towards half court and hold the ball and pass the ball back and forth 35-40 feet from the basket. It's horrible but especially egregious since his team is undersized and has a few good shooters.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:26 PM   #24514
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's just weird seeing (not really first hand, but following results) the huge disparity of talent. The FHS girls won a couple of state championships five years ago, though I guess that was helped by a G who is now playing for Arky. Now their JV is scoring a lone bucket?

(Of course that's not the only team that has had wildly fluctuating results. When I was going to football games because of the band, we got romped, regularly. One game we trailed by 50 at the half. This year, undefeated regular season. Similarly, the boys basketball team was middling-to-decent. This year? 20-0. Where the hell was all this when my kids went there??)

Has the attendance zone changed in that time? Lose a feeder school to a different HS for example?

That, or coaching changes, would be the two most likely things that come to mind.

Another possibility for the JV decline is if the varsity is really young this year & has stripped most of the talent away from the JV squad
Old 02-11-2023, 07:57 PM   #24515
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

How embarrassing, I took a nap thinking that tonight was tomorrow morning and been texting my mom not realizing that.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-11-2023 at 08:06 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 10:39 PM   #24516
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Has the attendance zone changed in that time? Lose a feeder school to a different HS for example?

That, or coaching changes, would be the two most likely things that come to mind.

Another possibility for the JV decline is if the varsity is really young this year & has stripped most of the talent away from the JV squad

No loss of feeder school, no.* Change of coach...yes. Bit of a story to that: Former Frederick basketball coach sues FCPS, alleges racial discrimination

Could in part be youth though, too. Varsity only lost 48-41 to the same school, which wouldn't suggest a huge difference in programs as much as just a really, really sub-par JV, for whatever reason.

* I still don't know how completely fixed these lines are. I mean, give a mile here or there on this map and you can be going to one of four different high schools. (Or five really, given that anyone accepted to the IB program would be going to Urbana.)
Old 02-12-2023, 12:44 AM   #24517
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
How embarrassing, I took a nap thinking that tonight was tomorrow morning and been texting my mom not realizing that.

Happens to the best of us ... though, granted, most of us don't bring somebody else into our confusion lol.

What I hate are naps like mine the other day which had me waking up at like 645pm ... meaning outside light/dark provided no clue whatsoever whether it was night or day
Old 02-12-2023, 03:59 AM   #24518
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I once played in a JV game in which we led 30-0 at the half. We ended up winning 33-22. No real change in players. Warming up on the good side, we didn't notice a thing. Switching sides at the half, we realized the basket at one end was seriously warped - like Darryl Dawkins had been playing earlier and nobody checked the baskets afterward. It's not like anyone took JV seriously at a small high school - none of us were headed to varsity any time soon. I don't even think we had parents showing up for games - I told mine never to bother.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 08:54 PM   #24519
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So last time there was a massive lightning strike about 2 miles from my house. Never seen lightning that bright. Then the loudest, longest thunder I've ever heard. People up to 90 minutes away said they felt the thunder.

Some weird stuff going on in the sky lately.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 12:15 AM   #24520
molson
General Manager

I have a few friends who are into writing right now, and I coincidently came across this quote from Ray Bradbury which I love. He said, if you want to be a writer, "“write a short story every week. It's not possible to write 52 bad short stories in a row."

I feel like that applies to any creative endeavor.

Last edited by molson : 02-13-2023 at 12:15 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 07:47 AM   #24521
cuervo72
Head Coach

Or blackjack.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:14 AM   #24522
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Or maybe writing just isn't your game

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:34 AM   #24523
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I have a few friends who are into writing right now, and I coincidently came across this quote from Ray Bradbury which I love. He said, if you want to be a writer, "“write a short story every week. It's not possible to write 52 bad short stories in a row."

I feel like that applies to any creative endeavor.

Thanks for this. I’ve always imagined writing in retirement. I’ve done a little already and all that’s taught me is I’ll never be as good as my favorite authors in prose or creativity. My job gravitates toward technical writing with details and ‘telling’ vs ‘showing’, just something I need to break away from (unless I want to write autobiographies or history).

Maybe the approach is to write 51 bad short stories to get to the 52nd and then start writing for real
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 09:02 AM   #24524
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The PepsixPeeps is decent but way too sweet.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:33 AM   #24525
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
and all that’s taught me is I’ll never be as good as my favorite authors in prose or creativity.

Keep Writing! This happens to all creative people:

Ira Glass on The Creative Process: - YouTube
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 06:45 AM   #24526
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Anyone else have a dog with a place he takes things he doesn't want you to know about? Like our dog will take things under the dining room table so he's surrounded by chairs. If he finds paper or tissues I guess to make it harder to take from him.

Today he found a pretzel on the floor and ran off under the table. Like, dude, you've had hundreds of pretzels, why the subterfuge on this one?
Old 02-15-2023, 03:27 PM   #24527
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My dog does literally the exact same thing under the dining room table. Sometimes he will also run into his crate, giving himself no escape route.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:23 PM   #24528
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Our last dog would take rawhides we gave him outside and bury them, and then dig them up months later and eat them. I get they were "seasoned" or "aged" or something. He was weird in many ways, but still a good dog.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:13 PM   #24529
RainMaker
General Manager

Bought a new car which I had avoided for way too long. First time I can remember feeling old when it comes to technology. Had to ask the sales guy how to even shift into reverse. There's like 500 options and I'm still not totally sure how to set the temperature.

I'll learn it but technology sure moves fast if you don't keep up.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 12:12 AM   #24530
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Bought a new car which I had avoided for way too long. First time I can remember feeling old when it comes to technology. Had to ask the sales guy how to even shift into reverse. There's like 500 options and I'm still not totally sure how to set the temperature.

Reminds me of an old routine by Southern humorist Wendy Bagwell, a bit called "Old Ralph Bennett's Volkswagen" (story goes back to when they were first imported).

After a series of misadventures the bit culminates with Wendy reaching for what should be the emergency brake lever and Ralph screaming "don't pull that, the bottom is liable to fall outta this thing"

It's a classic

edit to add: For those who've never had the privilege, here's Wendy in all his glory with the tale
https://youtu.be/k3NLm37ywC8

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-17-2023 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:16 AM   #24531
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Once upon a time (in the 80s), one of my Dad's work colleagues had a Peugeot (an extremely uncommon car in 1980s Maine). It was in the shop a lot. And there was one shop, and it was in Bath, roughly an hour up the coast (in those days) from Portland, where they worked and we lived.

One day Dad asked me to drive this guy to pick up his car (I think this was summer and I was working for my Dad since I was in HS). One the drive up we talked about lots of stuff, including me asking what the car was in the shop for.

It was in the shop, he said, because one of the warning lights on the dashboard had gone off. Oh, like "check engine", I said? No, in this case, a light that said "Engine Detonator Malfunction".

Old 02-17-2023, 11:30 AM   #24532
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

How does my family lose iPhone cords so fast? They're 6 foot cords, are they also losing snakes all over the place?
Old 02-17-2023, 11:43 AM   #24533
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
How does my family lose iPhone cords so fast? They're 6 foot cords, are they also losing snakes all over the place?

Your dog is hiding them.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #24534
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

I'll learn it but technology sure moves fast if you don't keep up.

We are getting old(er)

My car has a CD player.

If thats not old enough for you then my car also doesnt have an alert or constant beeping sound for not using the seatbelt.

Would be like a triceratops getting in a Tesla.
Old 02-17-2023, 01:52 PM   #24535
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

Oh thank god it's not just me. And AC plugs for those USB cords. I swear one day my kids are going to move out and I'm going to clean up the place and find dozens of both.
Old 02-17-2023, 03:40 PM   #24536
Edward64
Head Coach

We have a drawer full of cords. We don’t lose cords but I can’t identify half of them anymore.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:36 PM   #24537
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Bohemian Rapsody as a crime thriller. Just wow.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRtGWVHb/

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 08:15 PM   #24538
Edward64
Head Coach

Below article is interesting but made me wonder. If they can do a DNA analysis of every really old mummy, skeleton etc. found from all over the world and put it into a DNA database like 21andMe, I’d be willing to pay money to see what type of relationship I had with the bones (e.g. cousin 21 times removed).

https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...ntl/index.html
Old 02-20-2023, 08:51 AM   #24539
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don't know if there was some sort of call to action, but over the last two weeks or so, I have heard more than a few stories about people challenging the legitimacy of people with disability car plates, tags and if they are allowed to park in spots designated for people with disabilities. I just had my own incident where someone questioned my wife while she was in the passenger seat of the car while I ran inside a store. Who are they doing this for? What are they trying to accomplish?

I know just like everyone else that there are people who have illegally gotten disabled tags, stickers and/or window displays. It sucks and something should been done about that happening and punishing those that give those out and those who use them in a fraudulent manner. Random civilians demanding people with disabilities to prove their worthiness for access to a parking spot for them is not something that should be done. The encounters I have heard about so far have ended relatively peacefully with only the wannabe law enforcement person getting cursed out. I don't think that is going to remain the case if this trend continues.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 10:06 AM   #24540
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I don't know if there was some sort of call to action, but over the last two weeks or so, I have heard more than a few stories about people challenging the legitimacy of people with disability car plates, tags and if they are allowed to park in spots designated for people with disabilities. I just had my own incident where someone questioned my wife while she was in the passenger seat of the car while I ran inside a store. Who are they doing this for? What are they trying to accomplish?

I know just like everyone else that there are people who have illegally gotten disabled tags, stickers and/or window displays. It sucks and something should been done about that happening and punishing those that give those out and those who use them in a fraudulent manner. Random civilians demanding people with disabilities to prove their worthiness for access to a parking spot for them is not something that should be done. The encounters I have heard about so far have ended relatively peacefully with only the wannabe law enforcement person getting cursed out. I don't think that is going to remain the case if this trend continues.

I can say I would never approach someone and question them about this even if I thought they were scamming the system. If I had a tag, needed that last spot for someone in the car that really needed it, and thought the person who took it did it fraudulently? I might call the cops to complain and see if they would even bother to respond. Then again I might not. IDK.

I have seen people I personally know, many times, park in the handicap spot while the healthy person goes in the store and the disabled person waits in the car. This IMHO is someone taking advantage that shouldn't be, unless there is a legitimate reason to keep the waiting person close. When one parks close just because "they can" they are taking the spot from someone that needs it. But again, in this case I'm not taking it upon myself to challenge this behavior even if I know the people and it's BS. If I have no idea who these people are, I'm staying even farther away.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 10:26 AM   #24541
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who are they doing this for? What are they trying to accomplish?

I'll assume that this is not a strictly rhetorical question and try to give what seems like a pretty simple answer to me.

It's rooted in a couple of things, to varying degrees per person. Some are simply sick & tired of watching people flaunt various rules, laws, etc. Others are just power starved.
Old 02-20-2023, 10:37 AM   #24542
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I have seen people I personally know, many times, park in the handicap spot while the healthy person goes in the store and the disabled person waits in the car. This IMHO is someone taking advantage that shouldn't be, unless there is a legitimate reason to keep the waiting person close.

Which brings up the issue of varying state laws on such a thing.

What you describe here IS (contrary to what's commonly believed, including by me if I'm honest with ya) illegal in Georgia

per § 40-6-226
Quote:
(2) ... (b)(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to stop, stand, or park any vehicle in a parking place for persons with disabilities except for the purpose of allowing a disabled person to enter or get out of such vehicle while in such parking place.

In simple language: if they ain't getting outta the car, you can't park there in Georgia

Pull up applicable law in, say, Tennessee and you get an entirely different set of rules & regs. Including a couple of interesting provisions. 1) if law enforcement tickets someone for improper parking in a designated space, they can confiscate the placard from them and the burden of proof is on the bearer, not law enforcement, to get it back. 2) Violators can be sentenced to community service in addition to or in lieu of a fine. And that community service is specified by law as being monitoring handicapped parking spaces for violations and reporting such for ticketing purposes.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-20-2023 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:18 PM   #24543
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'll assume that this is not a strictly rhetorical question and try to give what seems like a pretty simple answer to me.

It's rooted in a couple of things, to varying degrees per person. Some are simply sick & tired of watching people flaunt various rules, laws, etc. Others are just power starved.

Definitely not rhetorical. I am genuinely interested in other people's opinion on this one. I am trying not to just lean on the uhhhh less than kind things I was thinking specifically of the person who approached my wife the other day and the thoughts of others in similar situations that I talked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I can say I would never approach someone and question them about this even if I thought they were scamming the system. If I had a tag, needed that last spot for someone in the car that really needed it, and thought the person who took it did it fraudulently? I might call the cops to complain and see if they would even bother to respond. Then again I might not. IDK.

I have seen people I personally know, many times, park in the handicap spot while the healthy person goes in the store and the disabled person waits in the car. This IMHO is someone taking advantage that shouldn't be, unless there is a legitimate reason to keep the waiting person close. When one parks close just because "they can" they are taking the spot from someone that needs it. But again, in this case I'm not taking it upon myself to challenge this behavior even if I know the people and it's BS. If I have no idea who these people are, I'm staying even farther away.

Like I said I get it. It is improbable but I would like to meet the person who was scamming and when challenged by non law enforcement, move from the parking spot. Hell, I would like to meet law enforcement personnel who regularly check if people who are scamming or not. I suspect that is not worth the backlash for them. It would be the same for parking spaces for expectant mothers.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 01:11 PM   #24544
Ksyrup

My wife's parents have a disability tag to hang from the rearview mirror, and they gave us one for when we drive with them. I've never even thought about having it, let alone using it when I'm not supposed to. Those people piss me off. In fact, I even feel self-conscious about using it when they are in the car because I'm sure someone is judging me when they see me come out of the driver side even though I've got 2 gimpy 76 and 80 year olds getting out of the car with me.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:33 PM   #24545
MJ4H
Coordinator

I just read some of my old posts in this thread. Yikes. I have almost completely opposite political and social views than I did 10+ years ago, apparently. I knew that, but seeing the crap I used to type is jarring.

Sorry. FTR: I'm a raging leftist now.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 01:53 PM   #24546
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I just read some of my old posts in this thread. Yikes. I have almost completely opposite political and social views than I did 10+ years ago, apparently. I knew that, but seeing the crap I used to type is jarring.

Sorry. FTR: I'm a raging leftist now.
And Matt Jones is still a Heisman winner in our hearts.

You are not alone in the big shift.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 03:55 PM   #24547
cuervo72
Head Coach

Huzzah new raging leftists!
Old 02-20-2023, 04:55 PM   #24548
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
And Matt Jones is still a Heisman winner in our hearts.

You are not alone in the big shift.

I think there were a lot of minds that have shifted in the past 6 years or so. I had already been moving that direction, but it got a swift kick in the rear about that time, for sure.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:14 PM   #24549
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This explains why a lot of people have been digging up my posts from 10 years ago and saying things like "you know, that flere-imsaho was right about a lot of stuff".

Right?

Hello?

Old 02-20-2023, 07:29 PM   #24550
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

A couple thoughts

(1) As political rhetoric more and more aggressively attacks the legitimacy of institutions, you are going to see more and more vigilantism of all types.

(2) I knew a woman in college who had a degenerative muscle condition, and she was supposed to basically use her muscles as little as possible, so she had a disability tag to minimize walking as much as possible. She looked fine, but she did have a legitimate medical use for the tag.

I am sure that a lot of people who look fine and have a tag are some variation of having taken their grandpa's car to the store so they could park closer. But not all of them. So I'd be pretty reluctant to confront someone because they looked fine to me.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote