Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #2401
Schmidty
Coordinator

Maybe I got a little too excited. Let me rephrase what I said:

I don't know if LSG is good, but Sublime2 tried to kill her last night with some evil-looking magic (black glowing hands, etc.). I assume that if an evil character is trying to kill someone, that person is likely good.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #2402
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

B) Sublime2 is on the side of evil, and tried to kill her.

Not possible. Welcome to my suspect list.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #2403
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Explain. For the meantime, schmidty makes me unhappy.

UNVOTE THOMKAL
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #2404
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Holy crap. You are either totally mis-informed, or you are evil.

I'll do a full role reveal if I have to, but you are wrong. According to Anxiety, Sublime2 tried to kill LSG last night.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #2405
Schmidty
Coordinator

Looks like Izulde might be on the side of evil. Maybe announcing what Sublime2 tried to do has them scrambling.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #2406
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like Izulde might be on the side of evil. Maybe announcing what Sublime2 tried to do has them scrambling.

Izulde isn't on the side of evil, and I trust his story more than yours. What I am interested in however is trying to reconcile the two things that you and Izulde know and see if both happening could be possible. If not, then I'll believe Izulde over you.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #2407
Izulde
Head Coach

Here's the deal:

I don't think Sublime could have attempted a kill on LSG last night because he spent most of the evening talking to me, getting drunk.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #2408
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Izulde isn't on the side of evil, and I trust his story more than yours. What I am interested in however is trying to reconcile the two things that you and Izulde know and see if both happening could be possible. If not, then I'll believe Izulde over you.

I have absolutely no idea if Izulde is good or bad, but the fact that he told me what happened "can't be possible" makes me question that.

Ok, time for a full reveal:

I am Lafe Eriksdotter. I am a Beorning, trained in the art of skin-shifting by the great Beorn. I am able to transform into a bear and protect someone every night. There's a chance that when the person I protect is attacked, I can either kill the attacker or identify them. I cannot be lynched by the townsfolk, as I am too strong for them, and will just throw them around and leave the game. I cannot be identified or killed at night as long as I'm skin-shifted and protecting someone. There is one other part of my role, but I'm not allowed to say what it is. Suffice it to say that it behooves you to keep me in the game.

The past two nights, I have protected LSG. The first night, nothing happened. Last night, Sublime2 tried to attack her, but I fought him off. As he was running away, his cowl fell, and I was able to identify him.

There. All my cards are on the table. Do what you want with this info.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #2409
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I guess I just assumed that LSG was attacked by a bear.

I think its becoming clear to me a bit more what might have plausibly happened..

Schmidty can you tell me what you know of Sublime's actions or dismeanor or how he handled himself last night? Can you tell if he was confident, or drunk or scared or timid or anything?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #2410
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea if Izulde is good or bad, but the fact that he told me what happened "can't be possible" makes me question that.

Ok, time for a full reveal:

I am Lafe Eriksdotter. I am a Beorning, trained in the art of skin-shifting by the great Beorn. I am able to transform into a bear and protect someone every night. There's a chance that when the person I protect is attacked, I can either kill the attacker or identify them. I cannot be lynched by the townsfolk, as I am too strong for them, and will just throw them around and leave the game. I cannot be identified or killed at night as long as I'm skin-shifted and protecting someone. There is one other part of my role, but I'm not allowed to say what it is. Suffice it to say that it behooves you to keep me in the game.

The past two nights, I have protected LSG. The first night, nothing happened. Last night, Sublime2 tried to attack her, but I fought him off. As he was running away, his cowl fell, and I was able to identify him.

There. All my cards are on the table. Do what you want with this info.

Yeah its cool. I wish now you hadn't done the reveal. It finally came to me as you see by my post that I made at the same time as yours. I finally put 2 and 2 together here... I had been assuming the bear attacked LSG.. but then realized that wasn't necessarily true. I finally realized the bear was you but a bit too late.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #2411
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's the deal:

I don't think Sublime could have attempted a kill on LSG last night because he spent most of the evening talking to me, getting drunk.

Very odd; however, according to my PM from Anxiety, he did attempt to kill her. Period.

I don't know what that means, but I'm assuming that actions happen at night in a certain order, and that players can do more than one thing a night. I'd like to see Anxiety confirm that fact if he could. (Just the order/multiple actions per night thing)
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #2412
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'd rather vote sublime than THomkal today if we don't have enough support for ntn. I would rather try to take out a member of Sauron than a second Saruman member right now
Old 11-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #2413
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm withholding judgement on who to vote for until the Advil kicks in.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #2414
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Very odd; however, according to my PM from Anxiety, he did attempt to kill her. Period.

I don't know what that means, but I'm assuming that actions happen at night in a certain order, and that players can do more than one thing a night. I'd like to see Anxiety confirm that fact if he could. (Just the order/multiple actions per night thing)

Things always happen in an order. Unless there is an obvious order, when it matters, I roll randomly for what phase of night something happens. When it doesn't matter, I just select something that fits story-wise to what is going on. For some actions, there is a pre-determined order.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #2415
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wow some interesting revelations today. Now I don't know who to believe. I can't imagine that Schmidty is lying given that I viewed him. But we know nothing about Ntndeacon other than what he's told us.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #2416
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Wow some interesting revelations today. Now I don't know who to believe. I can't imagine that Schmidty is lying given that I viewed him. But we know nothing about Ntndeacon other than what he's told us.

Who are you thinking about voting for Thomkal?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #2417
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let me give an example to illuminate what I am saying. These are examples from my first game.

One character had the night action ability to become immune for the night to any attack. Obivously, that ability applied before any attacks happend that night, or else the ability's usefulness would be laughable.

If I had two actions that interfered with each other, I would just roll off. The second in command had the ability to try and assassinate the Magister. If there had been a night action by the wolves to kill the second-in-command on the same night he tried to assassinate the Magister, I'd roll to see which went first. If he is killed, he couldn't assassinate. If he assassinates and then is killed, someone else became Magister. So I would have rolled dice.

In this game, there are much less potential conflict situations. I built the game batter.

-Anxiety

Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #2418
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Thomkal

Quote:
I'd rather vote sublime than THomkal today if we don't have enough support for ntn. I would rather try to take out a member of Sauron than a second Saruman member right now

How do you know that Sublime is a member of the Saruman caste? Nothing has been said to that effect.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #2419
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Who are you thinking about voting for Thomkal?

I have already voted for NTNdeacon, see the last page.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #2420
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Unvote Thomkal

How do you know that Sublime is a member of the Saruman caste? Nothing has been said to that effect.

Judging from his cowl and the blacker-than-black glowing stuff that came out of his hands, I would assume that he's an agent of Sauron, not Saruman.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #2421
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Judging from his cowl and the blacker-than-black glowing stuff that came out of his hands, I would assume that he's an agent of Sauron, not Saruman.

THat was my assumption too.. ntn either didn't read my post completely or something.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #2422
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Actually thinking about things further...

The normal method of night kills this game has been a stabbing death. The occasional second kill has been something more "magical".

I would assume Sauron's team has the nightly kill and the more random magical attack would be some night assassin that Saruman's side has perhaps.

The glowing hands to me makes me think that LSG was going to be the magical night attack target, while Swaggs was obviously stabbed to death.

That means to me if I'm right, Sauron's side killed Swaggs and Saruman's side went after LSG. If so it likely means LSG isn't on Saruman's team but I am guessing we already figured that out from her giving up BrianD before anyways.

Not sure if it clears LSG from Sauron's side just yet though.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #2423
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

unvote ntndeacon
vote sublime

Eh, guess I will go with this, from what I know I think I'll test out Schmidty today like we tested out LSG yesterday. Lets see if Schmidty is telling the truth (which I believe he is) and kill Sublime.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #2424
Izulde
Head Coach

Given Anxiety's explanation, it's quite reasonable for both our stories to be correct, Schmidty.

With that in mind, I'll go Sublime, then. As Alan points out, if you're wrong, then you're a bad guy and we kill you tomorrow.

VOTE SUBLIME 2

Old 11-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #2425
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Given Anxiety's explanation, it's quite reasonable for both our stories to be correct, Schmidty.

With that in mind, I'll go Sublime, then. As Alan points out, if you're wrong, then you're a bad guy and we kill you tomorrow.

Sounds good to me.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #2426
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

VOTE Sublime 2

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #2427
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm going with Schmidty's reveal

VOTE SUBLIME

If we cannot get a lynch with this, then I will consider moving to another target.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #2428
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I'm going with Schmidty's reveal

VOTE SUBLIME

If we cannot get a lynch with this, then I will consider moving to another target.

I don't think this will be a problem, the vote seems to be mobilizing pretty fast.

VOTE SUBLIME
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #2429
Schmidty
Coordinator

Happy birthday, Thomkal!!!

(I just noticed)
Old 11-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #2430
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks Schmidty
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #2431
Lorena
Unregistered

Happy Birthday Thomkal!

Hey Mr. W, wasn't your birthday a few days ago too? Happy belated B-day
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #2432
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
THat was my assumption too.. ntn either didn't read my post completely or something.

I must have misread it then. On first reading it sounded like you were Saying he was with Sarumon.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #2433
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I must have misread it then. On first reading it sounded like you were Saying he was with Sarumon.

Nah, initially I was thinking he was on Sauron's side.. but my later post made me reconsider it and now I think there is a chance he is on Saruman's side.. So in a way you were right about my thoughts, just for the wrong reason
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #2434
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Sublime
Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #2435
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and Happy Birthday Thomkal, you evil person you.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #2436
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why would you wait for me?

Hey birthday boy (Thomkal) stop ignoring this question.

I just want to know why you wait every day for a while before revealing who you scanned. Who are you waiting on to give you your info?

Ok day 1 you had a migrane.. fair enough people wouldn't go so low to make up stuff like that for gamesmanship.

Day 2 you were upset because you scanned Dodgerchick who died so left for a bit until you cooled down.

Now if I was to even believe day 2, lets look at today where you waited for me to reveal about tyrith?? Why would you wait for me when I had previously said I was getting on a plane to toronto and didn't know when I would be back (perhaps not until the evening )
Old 11-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #2437
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That boy is like trying to nail down jello.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #2438
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey birthday boy (Thomkal) stop ignoring this question.

I just want to know why you wait every day for a while before revealing who you scanned. Who are you waiting on to give you your info?

Ok day 1 you had a migrane.. fair enough people wouldn't go so low to make up stuff like that for gamesmanship.

Day 2 you were upset because you scanned Dodgerchick who died so left for a bit until you cooled down.

Now if I was to even believe day 2, lets look at today where you waited for me to reveal about tyrith?? Why would you wait for me when I had previously said I was getting on a plane to toronto and didn't know when I would be back (perhaps not until the evening )

First off, thanks for the birthday wishes, even you NTNdeacon. Second I completely missed your post about going to Toronto Alan, but I was waiting for you and everyone to chime in on the lynch and LSG's news to see who was still on my side. You have been one of the few willing to listen to me and consider at least that I might be good. Wanted to see who still felt that way before revealing, and if any other news came out about Tyrith since I now knew he was good.

I will be here for about a half-hour, then gone for a couple hours perhaps.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #2439
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
That boy is like trying to nail down jello.

No jello for my birthday, I always have angel food cake.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #2440
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Here's the deal:

Can you tell us anything more about this? Why would he be drinking with you?
Old 11-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #2441
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Current vote count from what I can tell:

(2) ntndeacon - Jonathan Ezarik (2382), Thomkal (2383)
(7) Sublime - Schmidty (2398), Alan (2423), Izulde (2424), Mr.Wednesday (2426), Grammaticus (2427), Tyrith (2428), ntndeacon (2434)

no votes: Lonestargirl, sublime, DaddyTorgo
Old 11-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #2442
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FINALLY HOME. What are the odds that my laptop would break while playing WW and LITERALLY 14 hours before FM arrived on my doorstep? How ridiculous is that? Catching up now...and by tomorrow I will have a brand new dual-core, 2gb ram, 240gb hd laptop for FM and WWving
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 PM   #2443
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Can you tell us anything more about this? Why would he be drinking with you?

I was finding out his role, which is Keeper of the Stables. However, that shouldn't be taken as any indication as to if he's Light or Dark because I don't find out that information.

To be honest, the information I get from role revelations has been not the most useful thus far, to say the least.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #2444
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I also got him drunk enough that he wouldn't remember the conversation the next day, so naturally he'll say it never happened.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #2445
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Hey Mr. W, wasn't your birthday a few days ago too? Happy belated B-day

It was, thanks. (And thanks for noticing. )

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #2446
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

NOOOOO.

had a long post typed up that got erased when i got logged out by virtue of my parent's desktop having an "auto-logoff" thing setup.

anyways...to summarize

I agree that Sublime would be a Sarumaner by virtue of the description of the night kill. If we kill another Sarumaner then we seriously weaken them and move that much closer to an endgame scenario. Is there any way anyone can think of to solve the Thomkal vs. LSG issue without lynching one or the other? I was talking with Alan last night about setting up a sublime vs. ntndeacon scenario today anyways. Interesting role of Schmidty's. Quite happy to test his truthfullness (although with the inability to lynch him I'm not sure what good it will actually do). Did he actually say he was on the side of light in his reveal, could he be another "unaligned/seperate victory condition" person (don't want to go back and look and lose this post). Oh, and could Swaggs have been on to something and that's why he got night-killed?

VOTE SUBLIME
Old 11-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #2447
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

how many do we need for a lynch tonight anyways? any math-majors?

i'll prolly be on spottily between now and lynch (on my phone likely) as I have minimal access (can't monopolize the family computer), but it doesn't look like the vote will shift.

Interesting the voting patterns, the only ones still on ntndeacon are Thom and Jon? Is that because they had to go out and their votes were earlier and they havn't come back, or is it something more?

Will try to check in before lynch at least a lil.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #2448
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I would imagine (especially given his capabilities) that Schmidty has separate victory conditions, which is probably the thing that he's not revealing to us. From what I recall of the Beornings, though, I wouldn't think we'd have to worry about his interests being different from ours as regards Sauron and probably Saruman.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #2449
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Happy Birthday Mr. Thomkal

Old 11-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #2450
Lorena
Unregistered

Hey Daddy, the losing the post thing has happened to me several times and it was suggested that I type my post on a notepad and paste it in the message window.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote