Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #2401
Flasch186
Coordinator

2021 and i have finally gotten Forest Green into the Barclay's Premiereship WOOT

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #2402
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
a question: why?

and my point of view: I don't see SkyDog allowing a separate forum for one single game, no matter how great it is, and I see him allowing a separate forum dedicated to soccer even less than that. My idea was simply to use one forum that already exists but has seen its traffic drop down a little with the years. Just seemed like a good compromise to use a forum that SD already doesn't care at all about and never visits anyway...

FM

Because frankly, there are many, many more hattrick posts and I do not want to wade through the "Did I get a good pull" threads looking for the FM posts
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #2403
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Because frankly, there are many, many more hattrick posts and I do not want to wade through the "Did I get a good pull" threads looking for the FM posts

I'd recommend you pay a visit to the HT forum right now and tell me how many threads have a last post marked of less than a week ago. It has slowed down considerably and the "Did I get a good pull" post have been replaced a looooong time ago by one weekly youth pull thread that gets started about once every two weeks, if that...

FM
PS: the answer is 10 threads with a last post later than June 28... That could be quickly flooded by any FM talk...

Last edited by FrogMan : 07-05-2006 at 01:01 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #2404
Flasch186
Coordinator

im amazed by this game, I just got promotion and the board announces stadium expansion so while that is going on, we're going to share the stadium at Swindon....too cool.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #2405
Ironhead
College Prospect

Thank you Wikipedia

For anyone that is interested in this game but knows nothing about soccer, or feels intimidated by the game I suggest you give Wikipedia a look. I know nearly nothing about soccer but after reading through many pages of valuable, simple information there I have a 100% better idea of what I am doing in the demo.

All about Football (Soccer)
Football positions explained
Football Formations (i.e. 4-4-2)
What on earth is a CAP?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #2406
aran
High School Varsity

Is there somewhere that discusses intermediate and advanced tactical decisions and defines the non-obvious terminology that's used in FM when making tactical decisions? Perhaps a site that discusses the strengths and weaknesses of different tactics?
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #2407
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
Is there somewhere that discusses intermediate and advanced tactical decisions and defines the non-obvious terminology that's used in FM when making tactical decisions? Perhaps a site that discusses the strengths and weaknesses of different tactics?

Ummm, the previous two pages of this thread?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #2408
aran
High School Varsity

After reading the wikipedia article on positions, it appears I've been misusing my Attacking Midfielders. I thought earlier they were meant to be placed on the wings and have a lot of forward runs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Ummm, the previous two pages of this thread?
...I didn't even look beyond this page. I'll read back.

EDIT: I did read those two pages and there wasn't anything particularly enlightening.
EDIT2: I read a little bit further back and found the good stuff. This is extremely helpful!

Last edited by aran : 07-05-2006 at 08:30 PM.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #2409
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
After reading the wikipedia article on positions, it appears I've been misusing my Attacking Midfielders. I thought earlier they were meant to be placed on the wings and have a lot of forward runs...

Those are wingers (AM R/L). Classic Attacking Midfielders patrol the center, but try to get the ball into forward positions by feeding the Strikers. They'll also join in the attack themselves.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #2410
Adamski47
High School JV

I'm through 5 pages of this thread but thought I'd post this for now...

1) I have version 6.03 and cannot get this game to run in a window. I keep getting an error message saying my system does not support this. I've changed my screen resolution/size and still nothing fixes it. HELP! I hate not having this in a window.

2) I've read that there is an update for a German league or something that EA has exclusive rights to? I dunno...anyway, which files do I need aside from the 6.03 patch to get the game up to date?

3) I still have no idea what countries to include in my game. I posted on this earlier but did not get more than a response or two. I would love to run just one country but what if I do want to switch later on...that would suck. I was thinking of doing an England, Spain, France, Germany, and Italy league with all of the levels included. Here are my specs:
HP Laptop
Windows XP Home Version 2002 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+ 286 MHz
512 MB RAM

Picking one country would be nice because it would run much quicker. Do you get bored with just one country? Should I be an obscure country???! AHHHHHH!!! Too many choices lol.
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #2411
Butter
Coordinator

Running just one country's leagues does not mean that you can't get any players from other countries. If you're worried about your processor and RAM, then go with 2 or 3 leagues, but only put the one you're playing in on full detail. That worked well for me on 2005. With this version and my current dynasty, I probably have too many countries running, which is resulting in slowdown as the game goes on. If I had to dump a couple of countries that you've picked above, I'd take England, Spain, and France, and leave out Germany and Italy.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #2412
Adamski47
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Running just one country's leagues does not mean that you can't get any players from other countries. If you're worried about your processor and RAM, then go with 2 or 3 leagues, but only put the one you're playing in on full detail. That worked well for me on 2005. With this version and my current dynasty, I probably have too many countries running, which is resulting in slowdown as the game goes on. If I had to dump a couple of countries that you've picked above, I'd take England, Spain, and France, and leave out Germany and Italy.

Right, I know the leagues will still be there at least in the background if I do not select them, but I wont get to ever manage in another country unless I add them from the beginning. It would be cool to start in the US and then go to Europe later or something, but what countries should I include? That's all. Not really looking for an answer, just asking rhetorical questions I guess.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #2413
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69

I would suggest NOT putting your league on full detail. It will automatically go into full detail when you choose to manage a team in that league. If you actually set it as full, then when you switch leauges the original will remain full and waste processing power.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #2414
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamski47

1) I have version 6.03 and cannot get this game to run in a window. I keep getting an error message saying my system does not support this. I've changed my screen resolution/size and still nothing fixes it. HELP! I hate not having this in a window.

2) I've read that there is an update for a German league or something that EA has exclusive rights to? I dunno...anyway, which files do I need aside from the 6.03 patch to get the game up to date?

3) I still have no idea what countries to include in my game. I posted on this earlier but did not get more than a response or two. I would love to run just one country but what if I do want to switch later on...that would suck. I was thinking of doing an England, Spain, France, Germany, and Italy league with all of the levels included. Here are my specs:
HP Laptop
512 MB RAM

Picking one country would be nice because it would run much quicker. Do you get bored with just one country? Should I be an obscure country???! AHHHHHH!!! Too many choices lol.

1) Have you set your screen resolution to greater than 1024 x 768? It might even need to be greater than 1280 x 1024. If not, do that. If you can't do that, there is a trick to run in windowed mode. I don't have the trick handy right now but if you really want I can look it up for you.

2) I never bothered with it, so someone else will have ot answer.

3) Discussed in the previous couple of posts. However, to add on: I would absolutely NOT manager in a small country AND run 0 other leagues. Managing in small country is good, but only if you can have a decent universe around you. Running 1 league can be very fun. I'm 5 years in my French game where that is my only league, and while I like to have a lot of nations on I've recently realized (because of the slowness of my other huge universe) that it is a tremendous luxury to zip through the seasons.

Hope this helps!
~rpi-fan
Old 07-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #2415
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

I have a similar system to yours (but with a gig of RAM) and I run England, Spain, and Italy on normal with all divisions. I run the top division of France, Germany, and Holland on basic (won't be able to manage there, but can check standings and such). That's about what I would recommend running, maybe swapping Germany or France to normal if you really think you want to manage there some day, but otherwise things will play slowly. I play with the "huge" or "large" database, so playing with a smaller one would make more leagues possible probably, but I like huge oddly enough because the unattached coaches and staff are much better at the start of the game than with the smaller db's. If you simply ran all the divisions of England, Spain, and Italy, you'd have a great time, feel immersed in the leagues of whatever country you were in, and have the option for a big change later in your career. I don't enjoy the whole obscure country thing, for me it just feels further and further detached from the few real life leagues I know anything about and I get bored with not recognizing anything. I would probably say you should start with fewer leagues and a smaller database than your initial impulse, it is really frustrating to spend the time getting to know your team and poking around looking for new players only to realize that you are asking your system to do too much and the game is annoyingly slow for your play style. This is going to be more of a tinkering around first game regardless, so you'll want to get a feel for how you want to play, and you can have a better idea of the settings you'll want for your next game.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #2416
Adamski47
High School JV

Quote:
1) Have you set your screen resolution to greater than 1024 x 768? It might even need to be greater than 1280 x 1024. If not, do that. If you can't do that, there is a trick to run in windowed mode. I don't have the trick handy right now but if you really want I can look it up for you.

2) I never bothered with it, so someone else will have ot answer.

3) Discussed in the previous couple of posts. However, to add on: I would absolutely NOT manager in a small country AND run 0 other leagues. Managing in small country is good, but only if you can have a decent universe around you. Running 1 league can be very fun. I'm 5 years in my French game where that is my only league, and while I like to have a lot of nations on I've recently realized (because of the slowness of my other huge universe) that it is a tremendous luxury to zip through the seasons.

Hope this helps!
~rpi-fan

My screen is currently set at 1280x800. I can set it to something like 1280x1024 or greater but I will not be able to use my video card which I do use for other games.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #2417
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
My screen is currently set at 1280x800. I can set it to something like 1280x1024 or greater but I will not be able to use my video card which I do use for other games.

Try setting it at 1280x1024. Not using your video card isn't a problem for FM/WWSM (though I realize it might be a pain to switch back and forth).
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #2418
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I have a similar system to yours (but with a gig of RAM) and I run England, Spain, and Italy on normal with all divisions. I run the top division of France, Germany, and Holland on basic (won't be able to manage there, but can check standings and such). That's about what I would recommend running, maybe swapping Germany or France to normal if you really think you want to manage there some day, but otherwise things will play slowly. I play with the "huge" or "large" database, so playing with a smaller one would make more leagues possible probably, but I like huge oddly enough because the unattached coaches and staff are much better at the start of the game than with the smaller db's. If you simply ran all the divisions of England, Spain, and Italy, you'd have a great time, feel immersed in the leagues of whatever country you were in, and have the option for a big change later in your career. I don't enjoy the whole obscure country thing, for me it just feels further and further detached from the few real life leagues I know anything about and I get bored with not recognizing anything. I would probably say you should start with fewer leagues and a smaller database than your initial impulse, it is really frustrating to spend the time getting to know your team and poking around looking for new players only to realize that you are asking your system to do too much and the game is annoyingly slow for your play style. This is going to be more of a tinkering around first game regardless, so you'll want to get a feel for how you want to play, and you can have a better idea of the settings you'll want for your next game.

After reading your post and others I think I have misunderstood "Basic" Leagues. I thought I remember reading that the "Basic" leagues are run in the back ground and do not take up any extra memory, if that is the right terminology. This concerns me becuase I am 3 years into my last career, before the next version comes out, and I am running 14 Leagues on "Normal" and **gulp** 47 Other leagues on "Basic" with a "Huge" database. I have not noticed any slowdown in saves and the game runs fast enough for me as I have similar specs to Malcpow ( 1 gig of Ram). But the future is what concerns me...

Now considering restarting as I intend to get 10+ years in before December.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #2419
Adamski47
High School JV

How come when I create a manager in the beginning it changes my birth year from 1980 to 1975. Is there an age limit?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #2420
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

you can't be younger than 30 iirc

FM
Old 07-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #2421
Adamski47
High School JV

nevermind that post above.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #2422
Adamski47
High School JV

What is iirc?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #2423
MJ4H
Coordinator

if i recall correctly
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #2424
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip
After reading your post and others I think I have misunderstood "Basic" Leagues. I thought I remember reading that the "Basic" leagues are run in the back ground and do not take up any extra memory, if that is the right terminology. This concerns me becuase I am 3 years into my last career, before the next version comes out, and I am running 14 Leagues on "Normal" and **gulp** 47 Other leagues on "Basic" with a "Huge" database. I have not noticed any slowdown in saves and the game runs fast enough for me as I have similar specs to Malcpow ( 1 gig of Ram). But the future is what concerns me...

Now considering restarting as I intend to get 10+ years in before December.

It's a tough call. I'm 8 years into a career somehwat similar to your's (more like 30-35 leagues on Normal and 15-20 leagues on Basic). I did use only a 'Normal' DB.

I noticed "the big slowdown" around 5 years in. I'd stick with your game for a little while, and if the bottom doesn't drop out you can probably stick with it.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #2425
Easy Mac

Am I able to add teams at will to the database? So lets say I just want to add all the NCAA teams to the database, would I be able to (and make conferences leagues?) I don't care about them being playable at all, really just want to build the ultimate FM USA database. If I can just add teams with no reprocussions, am I able to make these teams like u19 or u21 teams (the closest I could get to age caps)?

Right now I've got all the World transfers I could find done, all the MLS teams correct, all the USL1 teams and players correct, logos, kits... And yes, I realize the next version comes out in like 5 months or so.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #2426
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:

HP Laptop
512 MB RAM

Have you tried this: hxxp://football-manager.neoseeker.com/football_manager_2006/PC/pages/general_information_technical__general_help#5

That worked for me w/ my laptop

2. You have to remove the fake.lnc file. This thread answers all! hxxp://www.thedugout.tv/community/forumdisplay.php?f=106

3. With your specs (similar to mine), I would run (if I was managing in England):
England down to League 2, Normal
Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain on Basic

Last edited by rexallllsc : 07-06-2006 at 06:56 PM.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #2427
cschex
High School Varsity

I've got a silly question-how exactly do I import 3rd party training schedules? I see the import button in the Edit Schedule screen, but it brings up folders (like "Schedules") that arent in my game directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm using WWSM, if that makes a difference.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #2428
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex
I've got a silly question-how exactly do I import 3rd party training schedules? I see the import button in the Edit Schedule screen, but it brings up folders (like "Schedules") that arent in my game directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm using WWSM, if that makes a difference.

Look in My Documents \ Sports Interactive for the directories.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #2429
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Look in My Documents \ Sports Interactive for the directories.

Duh.
Thanks a lot, I can't believe I missed that.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #2430
Ironhead
College Prospect

I am a little confused about something. I am a little more than halfway through a friendly match in the demo and I want to make substitions. So I click to go into my detailed tactics and the bottom left hand corner just says "waiting". It never goes to a new screen. What am I doing wrong here?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...el/Waiting.jpg

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-06-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #2431
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
I am a little confused about something. I am a little more than halfway through a friendly match in the demo and I want to make substitions. So I click to go into my detailed tactics and the bottom left hand corner just says "waiting". It never goes to a new screen. What am I doing wrong here?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...el/Waiting.jpg

click play and let the game continue, at one stoppage of play or another, you will be taken to the tactics screen.

In soccer, you can only make subs on certain stoppage of play. That waiting thing simulates that, sort of...

FM
Old 07-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #2432
Adamski47
High School JV

Two questions as I'm about to get into my first friendly. What exactly is a loan player? I called up some guys from my reserve team to fill out the roster to get a look at some of the young kids perhaps. Was this a good move or should I have left them in the reserves? The reserve team does not have a game for about a month so I thought I'd get some guys some PT.

Also, how many subs do you get in a friendly match? I'm playing in England League One ( think that's what it is called). I forget my team's name...I'm such a good coach lol.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #2433
MrBug708
Head Coach

3 subs in a game that isnt a friendly
Old 07-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #2434
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Two questions as I'm about to get into my first friendly. What exactly is a loan player? I called up some guys from my reserve team to fill out the roster to get a look at some of the young kids perhaps. Was this a good move or should I have left them in the reserves? The reserve team does not have a game for about a month so I thought I'd get some guys some PT.

Also, how many subs do you get in a friendly match? I'm playing in England League One ( think that's what it is called). I forget my team's name...I'm such a good coach lol.

it's a good idea to bring up kids to play in friendlies, actually the best time to try someone out... There are no limits on subs in a friendly, you can play everyone who's on the bench to start the game.

FM
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #2435
Celeval
Pro Starter

Auuughhhhh....

2014, still with Gretna, tight to the leaders the whole way... then hit a run of form at the end to beat Celtic 6-0 (!) in the third to last match, then Rangers 2-0 in the final match of the season to win the SPL, then again 2-1 in the Cup Final to win the double - our first major wins, and the crowd goes wild.

Then a crash when saving the game. Last save... right before the Celtic match, tied atop the table with Rangers, down one on goal difference, and with a cup final in front of us.

Damnit.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #2436
MrBug708
Head Coach

Just quick sim and quit and restart til you get the result you want, since that was the original result
Old 07-07-2006, 12:47 AM   #2437
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Just quick sim and quit and restart til you get the result you want, since that was the original result

Replayed... and better finishes. We lose to Celtic, beat Kilmarnock while Rangers draw twice - with a one point lead heading into the last match, and my best striker sent off in the first half, we equalize with ten men in the 70th minute to draw 1-1 and win the league.

Then the cup final - down 2-nil, put in goals in the 71st and 76th to go to extra time; then the prep-for-penalties sub made in the 114th scores in the 116th to win the cup.

And it saved successfully. w00t

Edit: Of course, now might be the time to jump to Real Zaragoza and their $48m transfer, $500k salary. I'll have to sleep on that.

Last edited by Celeval : 07-07-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:33 AM   #2438
Adamski47
High School JV

What exactly are transfers? And, whom should I be scouting right now? I'm Hartlepool in English League One. We just won our first friendly 4-1 against Halifax. I'm using a 4-4-2 Diamond normal which I am very happy with. I've moved a few players around to optimize what I thought would work best and so far so good.

Edit: One changed to won

Last edited by Adamski47 : 07-07-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #2439
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
a question: why?

and my point of view: I don't see SkyDog allowing a separate forum for one single game, no matter how great it is, and I see him allowing a separate forum dedicated to soccer even less than that. My idea was simply to use one forum that already exists but has seen its traffic drop down a little with the years. Just seemed like a good compromise to use a forum that SD already doesn't care at all about and never visits anyway...

FM
I actually was thinking about this as well (but was just too lazy to mention it . . . wow, I'm pathetic).

I would prefer a forum for FM -- or, if it's better for Ben and Ryan, at least for SI games -- than to piggyback onto Hattie, although for different reasons than MrBug. I can't even come up with a logical reason as to why I'd rather have an FM/SI forum than add onto Hattie. I think mainly because they represent such drastically different mindsets (extremely accessible Hattrick and extremely deep FM) that I never associated them nor wanted to.

Anyway, who wants to volunteer to message Ben and Ryan to bring this up?!?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #2440
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Allow me a moment to go WHOO HOOO!

I have officially guided Notts County to a Premiere League title, AND, as icing on the cake, we took home the Euro Cup.

We clinched the Premiere in the final match, winning the league by 1 point over Newcastle.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #2441
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Granted, neither squad sent their best players... but fuck it... they were tough to beat!

My Gillingham squad vs. Liverpool in the FA Cup, 2008 (I was holding on ever so dearly to the lead... and damn they just kept pummeling those shots in.) - http://rapidshare.de/files/24184068/..._2008.pkm.html

My Gillingham squad vs. Arsenal in the FA Cup, 2009 (My project German striker blossomed in this match, this is a FA cup replay after Arsenal came back from 0-3 down to tie our previous match 3-3) - http://rapidshare.de/files/24184242/..._2009.pkm.html

*edited
Wow, I just got around to watching (sorry about that). Fantastic stuff here. How your guys managed to hold on against Liverpool is beyond me. What were you feeding your goalkeeper? He was making saves that I couldn't believe.

Terrific.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #2442
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Am I able to add teams at will to the database? So lets say I just want to add all the NCAA teams to the database, would I be able to (and make conferences leagues?) I don't care about them being playable at all, really just want to build the ultimate FM USA database. If I can just add teams with no reprocussions, am I able to make these teams like u19 or u21 teams (the closest I could get to age caps)?

Right now I've got all the World transfers I could find done, all the MLS teams correct, all the USL1 teams and players correct, logos, kits... And yes, I realize the next version comes out in like 5 months or so.

Unfortunately, stop me if I am wrong but you can't change the database.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #2443
Easy Mac

Nah, I've added a few teams. Basically using the editor. Perhaps saying the database was a bit off. Just the data files.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #2444
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I would prefer a forum for FM -- or, if it's better for Ben and Ryan, at least for SI games
I'm happy to continue with the current setup here - this forum is after all FOF orientated and should remain so, plus if there was a FM forum then I'd have less excuse to read random interesting threads from here

PS> Currently on holiday in Florida with my family ... hence my post count isn't going to go up a whole load for the next week or so ..
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:55 AM   #2445
Karim
College Starter

I just won the Champions League and Plymouth's reputation became Worldwide! And with that we've cracked the $100 million balance.

I'm not sure what effect the worldwide rep will have...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #2446
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Allow me a moment to go WHOO HOOO!

I have officially guided Notts County to a Premiere League title, AND, as icing on the cake, we took home the Euro Cup.

We clinched the Premiere in the final match, winning the league by 1 point over Newcastle.

Congrats! What year are you in? I just started a career with Notts County a couple of weeks ago and won the league in my first season.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #2447
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Liverpool's 4-5-1 is a bitch to break. Ugh.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #2448
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Talk about shitty draws...

My first appearance in the UEFA Cup I get drawn against Parma in the First Round. Beginner's tough luck, I figure. We go out there and give a great effort, but lose 3-2 on aggregate.

The next season, again in the UEFA Cup, we get drawn against defending UEFA Cup finalist Rangers. You've got to be f'in joking, right??!!?!

Anyways, we give a valiant effort in the first leg, falling 5-4 on the road. We come back home and are by all accounts the better side, but again lose 3-1 (8-5 on aggregate).

We're pushing for 3rd place this season, though, which would get us into the Champions' League! If we can do that maybe we'll finally avoid a shitty draw.

I'm pretty sure that in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League I would get a better draw than I have been in the UEFA Cup.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #2449
Ironhead
College Prospect

Ugh...one of my striker's is making me pull my hair out. He has already had 3 or 4 scoring opportunites but has screwed around with the ball instead of taking the open shot! Can't wait until I actually get some transfer funds...
Old 07-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #2450
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Talk about shitty draws...

My first appearance in the UEFA Cup I get drawn against Parma in the First Round. Beginner's tough luck, I figure. We go out there and give a great effort, but lose 3-2 on aggregate.

The next season, again in the UEFA Cup, we get drawn against defending UEFA Cup finalist Rangers. You've got to be f'in joking, right??!!?!

Anyways, we give a valiant effort in the first leg, falling 5-4 on the road. We come back home and are by all accounts the better side, but again lose 3-1 (8-5 on aggregate).

We're pushing for 3rd place this season, though, which would get us into the Champions' League! If we can do that maybe we'll finally avoid a shitty draw.

I'm pretty sure that in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League I would get a better draw than I have been in the UEFA Cup.

Update: We finished the season 2nd and get a bye into the Champs League group stages!