GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Actually, not yet.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 06:20 PM   #2352
GrantDawg

Nvm.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-14-2023 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2023, 06:34 PM   #2353
GrantDawg

Georgia kept Florida, Auburn and Tennessee for 2024, but lost South Carolina. They have to play Alabama and Texas away.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2023, 06:51 PM   #2354
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The longer the road trip the better, maybe it'll keep players off the streets.

Georgia football players add to traffic incidents since Jan. 15 crash, records show - ESPN
Old 06-14-2023, 06:56 PM   #2355
GrantDawg

The only thing those GTech players speed through is algorithms, amirite?

Old 06-14-2023, 07:00 PM   #2356
Edward64
Head Coach

The Hogs schedule. I like it, playing Texas should be fun. Glad we are not playing Georgia or Alabama.

Quote:
2024 Arkansas Schedule

Aug. 31 vs. UAPB (Little Rock)
Sept. 7 at Oklahoma State
Sept. 14 vs. UAB
Nov. 23 vs. Louisiana Tech
LSU (Fayetteville)
Ole Miss (Fayetteville)
Tennessee (Fayetteville)
Texas (Fayetteville)
At Auburn
At Mississippi State
At Missouri
Vs. Texas A&M (AT&T Stadium – Arlington, Texas)
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:11 PM   #2357
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The only thing those GTech players speed through is algorithms, amirite?

They ain't killing each other on the streets so far as I've noticed.

Accept what it is: a program out of control, filled with fucking morons, run by a zero character piece of fucking shit named Kirby. They couldn't win with Saint Richt so they'd welcome anybody ... and do.

Mutts got all their mostly sidewalk alum fanbase cares about, fuck everything else.

I knew when Knoxville was out of control, and fully endorses the separation of Fulmer (in part) because of the embarrassment he fostered. Fucking Mutt faithful don't have the decency to be embarrassed.
Old 06-14-2023, 07:34 PM   #2358
GrantDawg

Nope. We just shine those rings and laugh at the haters.

Old 06-15-2023, 05:41 PM   #2359
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I suppose we're getting close to needing a 2023 thread, but in the meantime...

I heartily endorse this quality trolling of the Gators by Miss State.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:53 PM   #2360
GrantDawg

I didn't know he was having this level of problems.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:14 AM   #2361
Edward64
Head Coach

Well, well, well.

LSU football vacates all wins from 2012-2015, Les Miles now ineligible for CFB Hall of Fame
Quote:
LSU has vacated all of its football wins from 2012-2015 after a review of violations from the NCAA's Independent Accountability Resolution Panel (IARP).

The Tigers are vacating 37 wins, including two bowl games, because former offensive lineman Vadal Alexander was ineligible for his entire college career.
Quote:
LSU self-imposed the penalty back in 2022, but it was confidential until the ruling was finalized Thursday. LSU also self-imposed scholarship reductions, losing eight football scholarships and two men's basketball scholarships.
Old 07-08-2023, 03:58 PM   #2362
Ksyrup

Northwestern has been drifting/in decline for several years, so I figured they had held onto Pat Fitzgerald too long anyway, but these hazing allegations including the latest report that some of them involved sexual situations, has to be the end, right?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-08-2023, 07:27 PM   #2363
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah they have to fire him. I've never been in sports past Little League, so I just don't get how this keeps happening with sports. Are coaches ok with this level of hazing or never talk to their players about it?
Old 07-08-2023, 09:36 PM   #2364
RainMaker
General Manager

That has to be the most homoerotic locker room I've ever read about. What a really weird team.

He was probably already on thin ice. The team is 4-20 the last 2 seasons with a loss to an in-state FCS school mixed in (and this is with 2 high NFL draft picks on the roster). He's done some great stuff for Northwestern, but it does feel like the school should be better than they are. The school has poured a ton of money into the program and they have some incredible facilities.

Not really sure if he survives this. I thought this was going to be a make or break year anyway and they may just have a nice excuse to dump him now.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 10:55 PM   #2365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That's crazy. They are lucky no one died from the Gstorade thing.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 08:22 AM   #2366
Kodos
Resident Alien

How does shit like that ever start? Jesus…
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #2367
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wow. That’s insane. Now that this has been made public, Fitzgerald has definitely got to go. A Two week suspension was a huge mistake and incredibly weak based on the evidence.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 10:12 AM   #2368
PilotMan
Head Coach

That's a leadership failure. Nothing but. It really shouldn't stop with the coach, it's got to go even higher to the person responsible for hiring him and supervising him.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:30 PM   #2369
RainMaker
General Manager

I think he's cooked. Guessing he is fired in the coming days or steps down. There are plenty of coaches who can lose to Illinois by 40 and not have weird sex stuff going on in the locker room.
Old 07-10-2023, 01:34 PM   #2370
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It really shouldn't stop with the coach, it's got to go even higher to the person responsible for hiring him and supervising him.

Like the guy who is now ACC commissioner and was NW AD until 2021?
Old 07-10-2023, 01:50 PM   #2371
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Wow. That’s insane. Now that this has been made public, Fitzgerald has definitely got to go. A Two week suspension was a huge mistake and incredibly weak based on the evidence.

Is it not a leap to a) assume that the allegations that came out this weekend are true as opposed to a disgruntled player vendetta and b) the school's own internal investigation essentially verified some hazing but also failed to find evidence that the staff was aware much less involved

Throw in at least one current player who says that the former player specifically told him his goal was to get Fitzgerald fired and that he'd be willing to embellish to do it and, umm ...
Old 07-10-2023, 02:13 PM   #2372
RainMaker
General Manager

It's a weird situation. The biggest booster at Northwestern is very close with Fitzgerald. He was the guy that got him to stay when Fitzgerald was about to accept the Michigan job. He's the guy that helped build their new facilities on the lake.

There's also a lot of people who wanted Fitz fired last season. The team has been in free fall the past couple of seasons and there is no sign of that slowing down. The recruiting has been pretty bad the past few years and they haven't been able to figure out the transfer portal like other teams in the conference. No one is expecting Big 10 titles out of Northwestern, but a lot of the supporters do expect them to be competitive and make a bowl regularly.

My guess is that if this had happened a few years ago, we wouldn't be hearing as much about it. The fact they've regressed back to the 80's of being a 1-3 win team has allowed them to use this as a way to get rid of a coach who is still popular with a certain segment of the alumni.
Old 07-10-2023, 06:44 PM   #2373
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
He's out

Northwestern fires football coach Pat Fitzgerald - ESPN
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:50 PM   #2374
RainMaker
General Manager

Wonder who they look to next. Jim Leonhard would make a lot of sense and fit in real well.
Old 07-12-2023, 04:31 PM   #2375
Ksyrup

I see Ed Orgeron has thrown his (unsolicited) hat into the ring. If that somehow happened, I might buy season tickets purely to support him and extend the entertainment as long as possible.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-12-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:35 PM   #2376
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Is it not a leap to a) assume that the allegations that came out this weekend are true as opposed to a disgruntled player vendetta and b) the school's own internal investigation essentially verified some hazing but also failed to find evidence that the staff was aware much less involved

Throw in at least one current player who says that the former player specifically told him his goal was to get Fitzgerald fired and that he'd be willing to embellish to do it and, umm ...

I know you posted this before the firing but my guess is this is one of those "held to a higher standard" situation for Northwestern. The coach at Football Powerhouse U. probably survives this latest news. Northwestern can't allow itself to be seen to be in the muck with THOSE teams.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:58 AM   #2377
Edward64
Head Coach

Woke up to the news that the Hogs picked up a 4-star RB and 4-star CB. According to Rivals we have 11 4-stars so far and the #18 ranking.

We typically hover around the tail-end of the Top-25 so going as expected, but that is higher than average 4-stars (5-2-13-2-2-5-8 in class of 2017 to 2023). Assuming we keep most of them, a great year for the Hogs.

We lost both our OC and DC this year, so happy to see we didn't lose a step in recruiting.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-15-2023 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2023, 01:10 PM   #2378
bob
College Starter

Athletic Director Simulator Game | Extra Points

Has anyone seen this yet?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 07:52 AM   #2379
Edward64
Head Coach

First game a month away on Aug 26.

I am ready. Woooo Pig Sooooiee!
Old 07-26-2023, 05:21 PM   #2380
Ksyrup

Sounds like Colorado may be bolting for the Big 12?
Old 07-26-2023, 05:35 PM   #2381
RainMaker
General Manager

Little surprised the Big 10 didn't have interest in Colorado. Their strategy seems to be picking up major markets for their TV deals and cable network. Denver metro is pretty large.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:34 PM   #2382
Swaggs
Coordinator

People had been thinking that UConn and/or Arizona may be considering (and they still may), but some rumors today that Washington may be right behind Colorado.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 07:11 PM   #2383
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
People had been thinking that UConn and/or Arizona may be considering (and they still may), but some rumors today that Washington may be right behind Colorado.

UW to the Big 12 would selfishly be absolutely amazing.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 02:33 PM   #2384
Ksyrup

Now there are fresh rumors that FSU is actively looking to leave the ACC for either the SEC (I don't see it) or the Big 10.
Old 07-27-2023, 02:44 PM   #2385
bob
College Starter

Also fresh rumors that I'm trying to figure out what Kate Upton is up to this weekend.

Unless they figured out landing spots for half the ACC, the GOR is gonna keep them in the ACC for a long while.

Last edited by bob : 07-27-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 02:48 PM   #2386
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

It's too bad they can't hit the reset button, reinstall the game with old conferences, and try a football-only super-league arrangement with its own CBA.

Washington splitting from Washington State and Oregon to join West Virginia, Iowa State... Houston, we have a problem?

I still laugh when I think of the national power UCLA softball team having to take a week out of its schedule in rainy, cold April to visit Penn State and Rutgers for a conference road trip that will reduce its RPI even if they end each game with the inevitable five-inning mercy kill. The billion-dollar football tail wags the dog.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 02:53 PM   #2387
Ksyrup

I laugh at the prospect of a UCLA vs FSU Big 10 matchup.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:22 PM   #2388
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Now there are fresh rumors that FSU is actively looking to leave the ACC for either the SEC (I don't see it) or the Big 10.

There was a time when FSU would have been a fit for the SEC (same with Clemson) but I think that time has probably passed. Florida would have never gone for it though, same with SC unlikely to ever endure Clemson.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:36 PM   #2389
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
There was a time when FSU would have been a fit for the SEC (same with Clemson) but I think that time has probably passed. Florida would have never gone for it though, same with SC unlikely to ever endure Clemson.
Yup, but they would have been great adds several years ago. I think they would happily trade SC for Clemson now.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:44 PM   #2390
RainMaker
General Manager

Big 10 still somewhat cares about academics so I don't think FSU would be a fit. There were some rumors about Miami which would be weird, but is probably a better fit.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #2391
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Big Ten is very unlikely to add schools that aren't AAU members.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #2392
bob
College Starter

I saw this elsewhere, but think its a load of hooey:

A post on FSU's sub details a report from Chris Nee, a reputable source on FSU, who said that Florida State is actively exploring an out from the ACC before the August 15th deadline to inform the conference of their intent to leave.

An excerpt: "Over the last decade, and especially since the signing of the latest ACC TV contract (GOR), I've been largely dismissive of FSU when it came to realignment discussions. I am not at this time."

A little more:

Rumors are that FSU has an invitation to the B1G with Miami as a travel partner. Discuss!

https://www.reddit.com/r/fsusports/c...u_leaving_the/

Last edited by bob : 07-27-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:34 PM   #2393
GrantDawg

At this point, I think we can flush what we think conferences will or won't do.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:37 PM   #2394
bob
College Starter

My point was the GOR ties the ACC together until 2036 unless "the magnificent seven" find a way to all leave at the same time and blow it up. Seems super unlikely unless everyone works together to merge remainder of the PAC1x to the ACC minus those that leave for Big 10, 12, or SEC.
Old 07-27-2023, 05:23 PM   #2395
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
It's too bad they can't hit the reset button, reinstall the game with old conferences, and try a football-only super-league arrangement with its own CBA.

Washington splitting from Washington State and Oregon to join West Virginia, Iowa State... Houston, we have a problem?

I still laugh when I think of the national power UCLA softball team having to take a week out of its schedule in rainy, cold April to visit Penn State and Rutgers for a conference road trip that will reduce its RPI even if they end each game with the inevitable five-inning mercy kill. The billion-dollar football tail wags the dog.

I'll post something from someone on one of the WVU boards:

Quote:
1990: SEC adds South Carolina and Arkansas
1991: First season of Big East football
1991: ACC adds Florida State
1992: SEC holds first championship game
1993: Big 10 adds Penn State
1994: Big 12 forms with teams from SWC/Big 8
2004: ACC adds Miami and VT
2005: ACC adds Boston College
2005: Big East adds Louisville, Cincinnati and USF
2011: SEC adds Missouri and Texas A&M
2011: Big 10 adds Nebraska
2011: ACC adds Syracuse and Pitt
2011: Big 12 adds WVU and TCU
2011: PAC 10 adds Colorado and Utah
2014: Big 10 adds Rutgers and Maryland
2014: ACC adds Louisville
2021: SEC adds OU and Texas
2022: Big 10 adds USC and UCLA
2022: Big 12 adds UCF, Cincinnati, BYU and Houston
2023: Big 12 brings back Colorado
2023: ???

So now, Penn State is in a conference with USC and Nebraska, who's not in a conference with natural rival Oklahoma, who's back in a conference with Missouri, which isn't the Big 8, which is now the Big 12, which brought back Colorado and might add more PAC 12 schools to get to 16 teams, one of which is across the country in West Virginia, who's not in a conference with natural rival Pitt, who's also not in a conference with natural rival Penn State.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:58 AM   #2396
Ksyrup

If the Pac-12 dissolves after this year, P-12 college basketball broadcasts with Bill Walton this year will be even more legendary than they already are. His partner ought to wear a hard hat during games. Can't be the Conference of Champions if ya ain't a conference anymore! Or if what's left and added is worth like a 1975 air rifle national championship or something.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-30-2023 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:04 PM   #2397
Swaggs
Coordinator

As a West Virginia fan, we have continually been on the wrong side of expansion over the years. Missed out on the ACC during its initial assembly. Then again when the ACC slowly picked apart the Big East in 2004/5 & 2011, which took pretty much all of our historical rivals (aside from Rutgers and Penn State). Flirted with, but ultimately missed out on the SEC in 1990 (and again in 2011). Never considered for the Big Ten due to academic shortcomings. So, despite being a great geographical fit in three different P5 conferences, we were left out.

Then we got a lifeline from the Big 12, which has been a great cultural and horrendous geographical fit, but then got the news that OUT were leaving in 2021 and it looked shaky again. But the old commissioner acted quickly adding the remaining G5 teams that had any value and then the new commissioner, who is a marketing and entertainment wiz with no experience in college sports, seems to have pulled an end around the Pac 12 by going to market early and getting a decent enough financial deal that is well below the SEC and Big Ten, but solidly in third place ahead of the ACC and Pac. from what I am coming to understand an underrated factor with the deal is that it ate up the majority of available time slots on ESPN and Fox that were not already claimed by the SEC or Big Ten - so again, recognizing that we were competing with the ACC and Pac, rather than the big two. At the same time, it seems like the Pac failed to realize that there is only going to be a big two (Big Ten and SEC), not a big three, and missed out on an opportunity to have a deal that will allow them exposure on ESPN and/or Fox because they were asking for Big Ten money. Between that and the ACC signing a deal that is favorable to its broadcast partners until the mid 2030s, I am cautiously coming around to thinking that West Virginia is finally in a conference that is not in the most precarious position for the first time in my life.

I think what the ACC and Pac are about to find out is what has been apparent to West Virginia fans for about 15 years now: that the networks are pulling all the strings. I don't think ESPN will give the go ahead to let FSU or Clemson out of their favorable deal and then turn around and let them benefit from a conference change when they own them for the next 12-years at below market cost. So, even if they manage to force their ways out of the ACC, the media partners are the beneficiaries of the grant of rights, not the conferences and ESPN has a lot of ACC content to broadcast and fill up their schedules with at a locked in price - they aren't going to let them destroy the ACC (and all of that cheap content) AND turn around and reward them with an SEC or Big Ten deal any time soon. The Pac is in a different situation, where they were very top heavy with USC/UCLA and reassigned them when the opportunity came. To a lesser extent, they are still top heavy with Oregon and Washington, but somehow still seemed to think they were still on equal footing with the Big Ten. I think Colorado was smart to see the writing on the wall and see that they could get a solid deal, with equal sharing throughout the conference, in the Big 12 rather than wait and potentially be left in a Mountain West/Pac hybrid conference.

I think the two most interesting questions remaining are 1.) who will be the Big 12's number 14 (or possibly 16). I think the Big 12 wants Arizona because the commissioner wants to focus on basketball and they are a good geographic fit, but the broadcast partners may want Oregon and Washington (with the understanding that they may end up moving to the Big Ten) and 2.) what happens to the Rose Bowl if the Pac ends up in a situation where USC/UCLA/Oregon/Washington are all in different conferences.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:58 AM   #2398
bob
College Starter

I saw online an interesting concept that paired 8 teams from each of the ACC and PacX together into a single conference. Each team would play the other 7 teams from their coast, then have one away and one home game against a cross-coast team. Then a championship game of East vs West. Now, not sure if the ACC 8 teams would be after FSU, Clemson, etc left or if it included those teams.

Also, some smoke that Arizona to Big12 will be done by EOD Tuesday.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:31 PM   #2399
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I think what the ACC and Pac are about to find out is what has been apparent to West Virginia fans for about 15 years now: that the networks are pulling all the strings. I don't think ESPN will give the go ahead to let FSU or Clemson out of their favorable deal and then turn around and let them benefit from a conference change when they own them for the next 12-years at below market cost. So, even if they manage to force their ways out of the ACC, the media partners are the beneficiaries of the grant of rights, not the conferences and ESPN has a lot of ACC content to broadcast and fill up their schedules with at a locked in price - they aren't going to let them destroy the ACC (and all of that cheap content) AND turn around and reward them with an SEC or Big Ten deal any time soon.

So there's an argument that the ACC saved itself (or bought itself time) because it signed such a shitty TV deal.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:21 PM   #2400
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So there's an argument that the ACC saved itself (or bought itself time) because it signed such a shitty TV deal.

I think so. One thing to watch there (and to a lesser extent the PAC) is whether the heavyweights try to push for uneven revenue sharing in the meantime. The history of giving uneven shares has, historically, given an advantage to teams receiving it and not made them any more loyal to their conferences (see Miami in the Big East and Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and A&M in the Big 12). It sounds like Florida St., Miami, UNC, and Clemson in the ACC and Oregon and Washington in the PAC are pushing for it to offset the balance, but it doesn’t really do much for the Wake Forests, BCs, or Oregon and Washington States of the world if it doesn’t guarantee them long term security.