Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #2351
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This has been the out for the right for a while. Anything that there opponents do or might do makes the same behavior fair game for them. Remember during the Bush2 admin and all of the talk about torture being justified because that's what the terrorists do. It's gotten to the point now where everything is excused and they don't even need anything to happen. Their opponents are so vile and evil that anything the GOP does would, obviously, be done by the opposition if they had the chance.

Well, it follows along with the Tarnished Rule (tm): Do unto others as you can claim they might possibly do unto you.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:16 PM   #2352
rjolley
College Starter

Also, thought this thread from Tom Nichols was good: https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/sta...68097914740737

The part about raising bored children that turn into bored adults hits home with me. It's something my wife and I talk about with our kids. They have much more than we did and are bored more than we remember being. How is that possible? Maybe all of the advancements that we have gained over the last 40 years that are now available for a large part of the population has caused more harm than good.

I've also seen it when working with young athletes. They want to do all of the highlight plays without being able to do the basics. Kids that can't make a layup are shooting 3s when they step on the court.

Maybe that's not the way it is and I'm just busy trying to keep the kids off my grass, but it feels like there's something there...

Last edited by rjolley : 01-14-2021 at 11:17 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:26 PM   #2353
Atocep
Coordinator

Reaching the point where we have more troops in DC for defense of the inauguration than we do in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan combined was no easy task.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:22 AM   #2354
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
So, I'm listening to The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard Evans. About 8 hours in and I've finally reached the introduction of Hitler. It's obviously depressing hearing history repeat itself, but it's pretty clear Trump phase studied Hitler more than anything else he's studied.

The main takeaway for Trump seems to be the only way to have successful propagnda is to appeal to the stupidest person in the audience, speak in extremely brief sentences, use buzzwords, and never compromise on anything you say. Just say it loud and never admit a mistake.

Hopefully he sees it through and finds himself a bunker somewhere before the inauguration
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:39 AM   #2355
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What are the chances that the delay in larger charges don't come from needing to investigate more, but because they want Trump out to make sure he doesn't pardon them?

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-15-2021 at 06:40 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:30 AM   #2356
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting article. Love to see the videos he made of the coup'ers and coup'ettes. Apparently he was not a "passive observer" so yeah, let's investigate and let the chips fall where they may.

Left-wing activist is arrested in relation to siege on Capitol Building | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
A left-wing activist who told CNN he went inside the Capitol Building during last Wednesday's siege merely to document the chaos has now been arrested by police.

According to the Department of Justice, John Earle Sullivan, 26, was not simply a passive observer inside the Capitol, after video emerged purportedly showing him encouraging the rioters.

Black Lives Matter protester Sullivan, who is based in Utah, was charged Thursday with one count of knowingly entering a restricted building, one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and one count of interfering with law enforcement.
:
The department added that Sullivan admits to 'filming and being depicted in video footage' from the moment Ashli Babbit was shot dead by a Capitol police officer.

However, Sullivan painted a far different picture of his time inside the Capitol when he spoke with Anderson Cooper on CNN last week.

He appeared on the cable network alongside a documentary filmmaker, with the pair portrayed as passively watching the chaos unfold.

Sullivan spoke with Rolling Stone last week saying he was pretending to build rapport with those MAGA supporters who stormed the Capitol.

'I had to relate to these people, and build trust in the short amount of time,' he stated.

According to the publication, Sullivan is already facing rioting and criminal mischief charges 'stemming from a Black Lives Matter protest in Utah last year'.

Sullivan is one of more than 170 people who have now been charged in relation to the siege.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #2357
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
What are the chances that the delay in larger charges don't come from needing to investigate more, but because they want Trump out to make sure he doesn't pardon them?

I believe I asked something about "can we slow play the prosecution so Trump doesn't pardon these nuts"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:53 AM   #2358
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you. But fuck you for being there.

Officer Fanone on the people that helped him as he was being beaten on the Capitol steps.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:53 AM   #2359
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Not surprised.

There was an article that had numerous pics of stuff being moved out. Most of them were understandable including a stuffed pheasant that Meadows (I think) owned.

But the article also mentioned a Lincoln bust (which may be this pic). Maybe legit and owned by whoever, but would like to get confirmation this specific bust was not "lifted".

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-15-2021 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #2360
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Four non-Q people I know (including my wife) have received sincere phone calls or texts from friends or relatives imploring them to be safe. All of them have had the following talking points included:

1. Trump is going to be inaugurated.
2. Communication in the coming days (phone/internet/etc.) will be difficult or impossible.
3. You should get some cash out of the bank because electronic payments probably won't work.
4. Make sure you have weapons and ammo.

In all cases, these have sincere messages of concern from someone they know cares about them. It's sad how far down the rabbit hole these folks have gone. This stuff seems to be approaching Jim Jones level.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:24 AM   #2361
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So where does it go on the 21st?

Will these people think that Trump is really the secret President who was sworn in in Florida the morning of the 20th but they can't tell us b/c of [mumble, mumble] reasons?

I imagine every time anything happens like Harris rescheduling a planned overseas trip, it will be because "She is actually under secret pre-trial house arrest and she couldn't get permission from the judge to leave the country"

Will McConnell be in on it? Is he deep state? Is he Trump's man on the inside?

Will they create a whole secret cabinet? Will Bill Barr be the real Attorney General?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:26 AM   #2362
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Oh, and pour one out for the poor judge, prosecutors, and public defenders the first time a Q person is indicted federally and demands to raise the defense that the indictment is invalid b/c Biden's Department of Justice isn't real.

And pour another one out for the first time a Q is sentenced by a Biden-appointed judge.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #2363
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
There was an article that had numerous pics of stuff being moved out. Most of them were understandable including a stuffed pheasant that Meadows (I think) owned.

But the article also mentioned a Lincoln bust (which may be this pic). Maybe legit and owned by whoever, but would like to get confirmation this specific bust was not "lifted".

It's supposed to be from one of the museums and is being returned. One of the perks of the job is getting to lightly raid the US collection for the four years in office.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #2364
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So where does it go on the 21st?
I haven't paid terribly close attention to it all, but I get the impression that whenever a Q prediction doesn't come true (which is, uh, frequent,) there's an 8-D chess explanation given, and the cultists swallow it hook, line, and sinker.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #2365
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
It's supposed to be from one of the museums and is being returned. One of the perks of the job is getting to lightly raid the US collection for the four years in office.

Okay, good to know.

I'm okay with borrowing from Museums. We all know from "Night at the Museum" that Smithsonian et al have a bunch of stuff they don't have room to display. Just as long as it's returned ...
Old 01-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #2366
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This is the way a society gradually (or rapidly?) disintegrates and an earnest succession movement or even civil war eventually happens. When you get such a sharp divergence not just in political opinions but seemingly in values, communities no longer have a shared bond and there's no logical reason to remain united other than history, logistics and practicality. Eventually, the desire to part ways overcomes all of the negatives associated with it. I can see these things happening in front of my eyes in the relationships I have and in similar stories being relayed by others.

Case in point - I live in Kentucky, so I know what that means. I'm under no illusions about the strength of Trump's support here. I know plenty of people who are Trump supporters, and I don't believe many of them to be racist, bad people, etc. But this past week, virtually every one of them was silent on what happened at the Capitol. That includes our local community FB page. To be fair, I have been too - I just have no interest in stirring up drama with family or people I rarely see. Just not worth it. So I come to places like this. So I can totally understand not publicly posting stuff and getting sucked into arguments, etc.

Fast forward a whopping 5 days, and on Saturday night, UK basketball players kneeled during the National Anthem before the UF game. Guess what? My FB feed was suddenly filled with outraged people ranting about respecting military, law enforcement and the American flag. FIVE DAYS AFTER AN INSURRECTION AT THE CAPITOL IN WHICH A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WAS LITERALLY BEATEN TO DEATH WITH AN AMERICAN FLAGPOLE. And these people are outraged over the lack of respect at kneeling?!

I'm just over it. I can be pleasant to these people in day-to-day interactions, but I don't really have much respect for them anymore. They simply don't hold many of the same core values I do. And I'm not sure where we go from a local community, to the larger national social fabric, if things are going to splinter to such a degree. I get having an opinion on kneeling. But in the context of what is happening in DC, to brush that off (or hell, maybe even support it?!) and in the same breath rant in public about the kneeling... no. The lack of perspective and misaligned priorities aren't just things I can ignore anymore.

Joe Biden is about as milquetoast a President, in terms of personality and temperament, we could possibly hope for in the aftermath of Trump. If people won't accept him, we're doomed. I'm hoping that after a year or so of "normal" life without having a Trump-like figure in our lives, people will re-adjust and things will cool down. But that doesn't really solve the underlying issue. The further down the path we go, the less confident I feel about where we end up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #2367
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #2368
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I imagine every time anything happens like Harris rescheduling a planned overseas trip, it will be because "She is actually under secret pre-trial house arrest and she couldn't get permission from the judge to leave the country"
Oh yeah, and every one of the communications had some subset of Biden/Harris/HRC/AOC/Abrams/Cocaine Mitch/Pelosi going to prison for their role in trying to steal the election from Trump.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #2369
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Four non-Q people I know (including my wife) have received sincere phone calls or texts from friends or relatives imploring them to be safe. All of them have had the following talking points included:

1. Trump is going to be inaugurated.
2. Communication in the coming days (phone/internet/etc.) will be difficult or impossible.
3. You should get some cash out of the bank because electronic payments probably won't work.
4. Make sure you have weapons and ammo.

In all cases, these have sincere messages of concern from someone they know cares about them. It's sad how far down the rabbit hole these folks have gone. This stuff seems to be approaching Jim Jones level.

My in-laws called my wife and said "make sure you have food". And the cash thing.

They said the same thing on Y2K. They are given the credence deserved.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:41 AM   #2370
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is the way a society gradually (or rapidly?) disintegrates and an earnest succession movement or even civil war eventually happens. When you get such a sharp divergence not just in political opinions but seemingly in values, communities no longer have a shared bond and there's no logical reason to remain united other than history, logistics and practicality. Eventually, the desire to part ways overcomes all of the negatives associated with it. I can see these things happening in front of my eyes in the relationships I have and in similar stories being relayed by others.

Case in point - I live in Kentucky, so I know what that means. I'm under no illusions about the strength of Trump's support here. I know plenty of people who are Trump supporters, and I don't believe many of them to be racist, bad people, etc. But this past week, virtually every one of them was silent on what happened at the Capitol. That includes our local community FB page. To be fair, I have been too - I just have no interest in stirring up drama with family or people I rarely see. Just not worth it. So I come to places like this. So I can totally understand not publicly posting stuff and getting sucked into arguments, etc.

Fast forward a whopping 5 days, and on Saturday night, UK basketball players kneeled during the National Anthem before the UF game. Guess what? My FB feed was suddenly filled with outraged people ranting about respecting military, law enforcement and the American flag. FIVE DAYS AFTER AN INSURRECTION AT THE CAPITOL IN WHICH A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WAS LITERALLY BEATEN TO DEATH WITH AN AMERICAN FLAGPOLE. And these people are outraged over the lack of respect at kneeling?!

I'm just over it. I can be pleasant to these people in day-to-day interactions, but I don't really have much respect for them anymore. They simply don't hold many of the same core values I do. And I'm not sure where we go from a local community, to the larger national social fabric, if things are going to splinter to such a degree. I get having an opinion on kneeling. But in the context of what is happening in DC, to brush that off (or hell, maybe even support it?!) and in the same breath rant in public about the kneeling... no. The lack of perspective and misaligned priorities aren't just things I can ignore anymore.

Joe Biden is about as milquetoast a President, in terms of personality and temperament, we could possibly hope for in the aftermath of Trump. If people won't accept him, we're doomed. I'm hoping that after a year or so of "normal" life without having a Trump-like figure in our lives, people will re-adjust and things will cool down. But that doesn't really solve the underlying issue. The further down the path we go, the less confident I feel about where we end up.

Big kudos too for using the seldom used word milquetoast in the most appropriate and accurate way possible. Everyone learn from Ksyrup
Old 01-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #2371
Edward64
Head Coach

Well, one thing good out of this recent mess ... our enemies know better than do anything that may antagonize Trump right now. So a big win
Old 01-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #2372
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And heavily raid the treasury

SI

Old 01-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #2373
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don’t think the guy who was beaten with a flag died. But I could be wrong.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #2374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hearing the police talk about what they went through is chilling. These people call themselves patriots. They should parade every cop through impeachment hearings to tell their story and make the republican twat waffles vote to acquit that.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #2375
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I don’t think the guy who was beaten with a flag died. But I could be wrong.

No, he's the one with the fuck you for being there quote.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:40 AM   #2376
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Ah, early reporting is that was Sicknick.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #2377
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Milquetoast
Twat waffles

Y'all making me hungry for breakfast.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #2378
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Will they create a whole secret cabinet? Will Bill Barr be the real Attorney General?

Or just a Shadow Cabinet.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:50 AM   #2379
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

We were kicking this around on a Kansas board because, well, we don't like Kentucky, but were also like "hey, Kentucky basketball did something right (for a change)".

And I came to very similar conclusions about that event:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Can you see how this conversation may have went: "Hey, let’s do this again. Maybe people will not be as adamant about the kneeling and faux ‘disrespecting the flag’ now that we’ve had a straight up insurrection where they invaded the Capitol and were literally beating police with American flags"

Hm.. maybe it’s never been about the kneeling or the flag

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-15-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #2380
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Seattle-based Alaska Airlines increases security on flights to DC ahead of Inauguration Day | king5.com

really liking they are forbidding guns in checked bags. WOnder if they are going to arrest people or just confiscate their guns

edit: I just watched the news report about this (the video within the article) and the FAA head talks about being ready to divert planes if necessary. Pilotman have you ever been involved in such a diversion?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-15-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #2381
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Or just a Shadow Cabinet.

Isn't that just shadow puppets displayed on a cabinet? Does that count?
Old 01-15-2021, 11:38 AM   #2382
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The GOP is an anti-democracy party.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:11 PM   #2383
BYU 14
Coordinator

so now there is this, and don't you have to be convicted before you can be pardoned? Or am I wrong there.

‘QAnon Shaman’ seeking a pardon from Trump for ‘answering the call of our president’
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #2384
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
so now there is this, and don't you have to be convicted before you can be pardoned? Or am I wrong there.

‘QAnon Shaman’ seeking a pardon from Trump for ‘answering the call of our president’

You can be pardoned for stuff you did even if there's no charges yet (or even an investigation). You just can't be pardoned for things you haven't done yet.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:21 PM   #2385
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump won't pardon them. That would drastically increase the odds of the Senate convicting Trump.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #2386
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

These people are in a pickle and are too stupid to know how much trouble they are in. Especially clowns like this guy and podium guy who have become the faces of this thing.

This guy idolizes Trump but Trump loathes him and everyone like them. What do you think would happen if this guy tried to get a tee time at Mar A Lago? Trump has already stated his "real" supporters would never act like that, why would he pardon them?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:55 PM   #2387
thesloppy
Pro Starter

There was a GOP congressman at the impeachment proceedings that tried to insist that Trump did not explicitly invite these rioters to the capitol building, so I am kind of OK with this case being based entirely around the suggestion that he did.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:37 PM   #2388
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Trump won't pardon them. That would drastically increase the odds of the Senate convicting Trump.

So there is hope LOL
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:46 PM   #2389
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Tampa native Dave Bautista offers $20,000 reward for ‘MAGATs’ who defaced Florida manatee

Drax mad
Drax gonna getcha
Old 01-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #2390
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

of course he will. He doesn't care about anything except his own bravado and attention paid to him.

And senators have already made up their mind and I think most reps won't do a thing to him like always.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:59 PM   #2391
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Anyone else have the "My Pillow guy visits white house 5 days before the inauguration with insurrection plans" on their bingo card?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:19 PM   #2392
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Not out of the woods yet. It would be nice to see Liddell arrested for sedition ASAP.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #2393
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone else have the "My Pillow guy visits white house 5 days before the inauguration with insurrection plans" on their bingo card?

Like so much the last four years and, especially, this past year: It's both so expected it should be a free space but also surprising that it's even in the game.

SI

Old 01-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #2395
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Nothing says "I love America!" like trying to beat a cop to death with an American flag (except maybe having an attack bald eagle).

Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:28 PM   #2396
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pshhh, more popular than the free space at this point
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #2397
tarcone
Coordinator

In reponse to the Kentucky BB players kneeling for the anthem, Iowa and Maryland came out in their game for the jump ball and all the players, coaches and refs knelt.

I was inspired and impressed. I know the national anthem is important, but would it not have been more prudent to do it like this as opposed to kneeling during the national anthem, which you knew would get negative attention.

Or is it important to do it during the anthem to draw attention, even if it is negative.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #2398
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Coaches are going to kill KY on the recruiting trail this year.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:35 PM   #2399
miami_fan
Coordinator

DPS closes Texas Capitol after intelligence finds 'violent extremists'
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:00 PM   #2400
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
In reponse to the Kentucky BB players kneeling for the anthem, Iowa and Maryland came out in their game for the jump ball and all the players, coaches and refs knelt.

I was inspired and impressed. I know the national anthem is important, but would it not have been more prudent to do it like this as opposed to kneeling during the national anthem, which you knew would get negative attention.

Or is it important to do it during the anthem to draw attention, even if it is negative.

I think the reason they kneel is to get the attention of people.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote