Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #2351
MrBug708
Head Coach

Just need the debrief from Chief?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #2352
Autumn
Head Coach

I think so. It would be great if he did a sequel eventually based on how we ended up with, with Robb and I on the wall, Renly on the throne with Greyjoys and Lannisters as Bannermen. Then add Dany and some wildlings, would be fun.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #2353
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

God no, fresh start please.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #2354
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Talked with Chief a little bit, and it does seem there's a couple possible real good, simple alterations to the rules to fix some of the issues we had.

But, as I told Chief, it was still a blast playing.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #2355
path12
Coordinator

Agreed, the issues really became apparent as we came to the endgame but with a ruleset like that things are bound to come up that couldn't be foreseen.

Just an amazing job for Chief to run that by himself and a lot of fun (and frustration, which can be just as important). Kudos.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #2356
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And with the defeat of King Stannis at the Second Battle of Brightwater Keep, and the Bending of the Knee of Joffrey Baratheon, Renly Baratheon becomes King Renly Baratheron and wins the Iron Throne!!

His chosen bannermen are his Hand of the King Lord Balon Greyjoy, Lord Tyrion Lannister known as The Imp, and Lord Joffrey Lannister.

The one surviving bannerman is Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish. King Renly was given the opportunity to offer Lord Baelish the chance to Bend the Knee, but he declined.

Congratulations to path12 for winning the Game of Thrones!!

And congratulations as well to The Jackal, Danny and Zinto for surviving as the three final bannermen!!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #2357
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will go over the individual efforts of everyone in a second here, and acknowledge minor win conditions and what not...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #2358
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

KING RENLY BARATHEON'S OPENING PM (path12)

You are King Renly Baratheon, leader of the House Baratheon of Storm’s End faction. You may post in the House Baratheon of Storm’s End thread.

Your win condition is to become King of Westeros by eliminating the other Kings in the game, through any means possible.

Your family home is Storm’s End.

You also currently have under your control the land keeps of Summerhall, Blackhaven and The Arbor, and you receive daily tithings (10%) from Highgarden and Parchments.

Your bannermen are Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” (murrayyyyy), Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus) and Brienne of Tarth (fontisian).

Ser Loras Tyrell holds Highgarden for you, and Ser Cortnay Penrose holds Parchments for you. As they are family homes, you cannot remove those lands from those lords.

You begin the game with 40000 gold, 40000 men and 15 ships under your direct control. Your bannermen also have assets of their own. A House Baratheon of Storm’s End treasury report will follow.

Please review your Kingly Abilities in Post #6. Your first duty will be to appoint a Hand to be your advisor and second-in-command. This is a position of great honor and responsibility, so choose with care. You may choose any of your bannermen to be your Hand.

You will have PM rights with your Hand, and these PMs will not be viewable by spies.

You do NOT have PM rights with your other bannermen or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Baratheon of Storm’s End may post in the House Baratheon of Storm’s End thread.

Positives: You cannot be assassinated as long as Brienne of Tarth is your bannerman, as she is in your Kingsguard.

Negatives: You cannot order the death of Ser Loras Tyrell because of your relationship with him.

WIN CONDITION: 100% SATISFIED

GM Comment: path12 played a terrific and steady game. He had some rough moments, but he stuck it out. He got lucky on some rolls when it came to captures, but that was aided by the fact he often had the most men on the field of battle.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-25-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #2359
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

KING BALON GREYJOY'S OPENING PM (The Jackal)

You are King Balon Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands and head of House Greyjoy. You may post in the House Greyjoy thread.

Your win condition is to become King of Westeros by eliminating the other Kings in the game, through any means possible.

Your family home is Pyke.

You also currently have under your control the land keep of Harlaw.

Your bannermen are your children Asha Greyjoy (britrock88) and Theon Greyjoy (Julio Riddols).

Neither of them possess land in your name. Theon Greyjoy has just come to you from House Stark.

You begin the game with 20000 gold, 10000 men and 130 ships under your direct control. Your bannermen also have assets of their own. A House Greyjoy treasury report will follow.

Please review your Kingly Abilities in Post #6. Your first duty will be to appoint a Hand to be your advisor and second-in-command. This is a position of great honor and responsibility, so choose with care. You may choose any of your bannermen to be your Hand.

You will have PM rights with your Hand, and these PMs will not be viewable by spies.

You do NOT have PM rights with your other bannermen or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Greyjoy may post in the House Greyjoy thread.

Positives: Greyjoy lands cannot be raided. Greyjoys cannot be captured.

Negatives: You cannot hold onto inland keeps, as you refuse to be that far from the water. If you acquire an inland keep, your only current option is to deed it to Theon, who learned to hold onto landed keeps while being a ward at Winterfell, and is less dependent on the water. You may also deed such lands to a non-Greyjoy bannerman. You are incapable of killing Asha Greyjoy.

WIN CONDITION: 50% SATISFIED (started as a King, which he failed, but won as a bannerman

GM Comment: This was actually a tough way for the Jackal to start, because he was jumping into a game already going, and I think he was just starting to get the hang of it when things got really heated for the Kings at the end. I feel I overbalanced ship power abit (countered some by the ability to take things inland), and that could have made a huge difference for The Jackal if more battles were fought at sea.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-25-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #2360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

TYRION LANNISTER'S OPENING PM (Danny)

You are Tyrion Lannister, also known as The Imp and the Halfman. You are Tywin Lannister’s youngest son, and the brother of Cersei and Jaime Lannister. Joffrey Baratheon is your nephew, and you suspect he wants you dead because you’re the only one who tells him what to do. You are a neutral character in the game.

Primarily, your win condition is to survive and even thrive, despite the chaos. But, really, you suspect the greatest threat to the kingdom—and to your survival—is the unknown plans of Littlefinger. Therefore, it is your win condition to foil Littlefinger.

Your sellsword Bronn will uncover what Littlefinger’s objective is and inform you after Day One, but you can be sure it will be self-serving.

You start the game with 20000 gold, and you receive a daily stipend of 2000 gold from your father.

You have full PM rights with Cersei, but you also have an adversarial relationship with her. You have a minor win condition to stop Cersei from achieving her objective, which is to foil Varys.

You also have a minor win condition to survive your father Tywin.

Every day, you may send out Bronn to follow a non-King character to uncover who he meets with or what he does.

Bronn will protect you from assassination once, but will perish if you are attacked. After that, Shae your whore-mistress will also protect you from assassination once. After that, you’re on your own. Plus, if you lose Shae, your daily income will drop by half because you’re spending the other half on whores to keep yourself happy.

You will not stand by and allow or support any attack on Jaime Lannister, whom for all his faults, you believe still cares for you, unlike anyone else in your family.

You can only post in the main game thread.

THIS CHANGED MIDWAY THROUGH THE GAME BECAUSE OF CERTAIN PLAY DECISIONS BY OTHER PLAYERS. HERE WAS TYRION'S CHANGED ROLE:

You are sick of being cooped up in King's Landing and watching the little guys (get it, little guys?) take it in the rump from the big boys.

So you have left King's Landing with Bronn and Shae in tow, and you have summoned the Mountain Men from the hills around the Vale of Arryn.

All told, your little army numbers 10000 men.

You cannot be captured because of your craftiness and the ability of the Mountain Men to hide in any terrain.

You can raid any land successfully, again because of the skills of your men.

And, lastly, once per day, you can Sneak Attack any Lord. You will attack as if you have three times the force you do, because of the element of surprise. If you lose, your army will lose some men, but you will all escape. If you win, you will take 1/5 of that Lord's gold.

Sneak Attack is an ""at any time"" option. When I receive it and can run it, it will happen.

Raiding happens at the end of each day. You can do both in a day.

And the point of all this? That you can stay out there and create havoc until some King convinces you to be his bannerman. If you Bend the Knee to a King, you will become his bannermen, your Mountain Man army will join his House and you will fight for your new King.

You still do not need to be one of the last remaining bannermen. Your goal is simply to make the King you pick the winner, to the best of your ability.

And if you can, Littlefinger will still be trying to be a Lord of his own, so you can attempt to get in the way of that.

Your new situation will be announced in the main thread.

You no longer have PM rights with Cersei, but you may have one PM per day with each of the Kings.

WIN CONDITION: 100% SATISFIED

GM Comment: Danny actually did essentially put a stop to Littlefinger by ending up one of the last bannerman (although he didn't actually need to do that to win himself, just support the winning king). There is an asterisk here, which I will go into more detail in Littlefinger's post.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-25-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #2361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

KING JOFFREY BARATHEON'S OPENING PM (Zinto)

You are King Joffrey Baratheon, leader of the House Lannister faction. You are currently holding the Iron Throne in King’s Landing. You may post in the House Lannister thread.

You do not have a family home, but King’s Landing is under your control.

You also currently have under your control the land keeps of Harrenhal, Crakehall and Fairhaven, and you receive daily tithings (10%) from Casterly Rock and Clegane’s Keep.

Your bannermen are Tywin Lannister (hoopsguy), Ser Jaime Lannister “the Kingslayer” (greanbeans) and Ser Gregor Clegane “The Mountain That Rides” (Julio Riddols).

Tywin Lannister holds Casterly Rock for you, and Ser Gregor Clegane holds Clegane’s Keep for you. As they are family homes, you cannot remove those lands from those lords.

You begin the game with 40000 gold, 30000 men and 20 ships under your direct control. Your bannermen also have assets of their own. A House Lannister treasury report will follow.

Please review your Kingly Abilities in Post #6. Your first duty will be to appoint a Hand to be your advisor and second-in-command. This is a position of great honor and responsibility, so choose with care. You may
choose any of your bannermen to be your Hand.

You do NOT have PM rights with your other bannermen or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Lannister may post in the House Lannister thread.

Positives: You cannot be assassinated as long as Ser Jaime Lannister is your bannerman, as he is also the Lord Commander of your Kingsguard.

Negatives: You cannot give money to the poor to raise your honor.

WIN CONDITION: 50% SATISFIED (Started as King, which he failed, but won as a bannerman

GM Comment: I think Zinto did really well managing a bad situation. I underestimated how the inability to contribute to the poor would affect his ability to have good honor, and also underestimated how much real life readers of the series would gun for the Lannisters from the very start. I should have made the Lannisters more powerful, so for Zinto to survive to the end in any form under those circumstances is pretty impressive.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #2362
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

PETYR "LITTLEFINGER" BAELISH'S OPENING PM (saldana)

You are Petyr Baelish, also known as Littlefinger, the royal Master of Coin. You are also extremely wealthy and completely devoted to your own plans for attaining power and your own survival. You are a neutral character in the game.

Your win condition is to bargain your way into a sizable piece of land under control of the winning faction and to become one of the winning bannerman. You might bargain your way in right away, but who knows if that will be the winning faction. Wait too long, and maybe you don’t get the chance to work your way in.

You are also aware that Tyrion Lannister’s goal is to stop you, although he has less power than you do. One time per game, you may send him some of your whores and they will keep him busy for the entire day.

You have full PM rights with Lord Varys, but be aware you have a respectful but adversarial relationship with Varys, and you have a minor win condition to see him not succeed in his objective, which you will learn after Day One.

You start the game with 40000 gold and receive 5000 per day from your bevy of brothels and gambling houses.

You will start the game with a full report of everyone’s finances and income from each of the lands they own. That report will follow this PM. This will not be updated, so you will only receive this report once.

Starting Day Three, you may ask to see the starting PM for a player in the game, one per day, except for Varys, Cersei or Tyrion.

You may choose to send spies after four players, including Kings, and you will be told all players with whom they communicated privately, but not the contents of those communications, on any given day.

Your spies are also available for hire, and will carry out up to four information missions for other players. If they are able, they will uncover this information and turn it over to you. It will be up to you what to tell the people who hired them, whether you tell them what you learned, lie about what you learned or tell them nothing at all. If you receive more than four missions from players, you will choose the four. If you do not choose, the default will be the four missions which offered you the most money.

You are also a potential money lender, up to 30000 gold. This will not come from you personally, but from your banks. If the player does not repay the gold within two days or work out an arrangement with you, you will have the ability to demand a favor of them which they cannot refuse unless it is not something they can do.

Every day, you have the option to submit three “rumors” for the Little Birds report which will be posted after the deadline each day. These rumors must be true or true to the best of your knowledge. If you supply these, you may then also supply a fourth rumor, which you can choose to be true or false, which will also be posted in the Little Birdies report.

Until you join a faction, you can only post in the main game thread.

MAJOR WIN CONDITION: 75% SATISFIED (See GM's Comment)

MINOR WIN CONDITION: 75% SATISFIED (Opposite of Lord Varys's success rate)

GM Comment: saldana was screwed over in a lot of ways in this game, because his role was the most directly tied to DaddyTorgo, who went off reservation abit. And then one other primary inhibitor, Danny as Tyrion, had his role changed and that role essentially affected saldana's ability to meet his win condition. Danny took what would likely have been saldana's spot as a third bannerman for path12, and he didn't even have that role ability at the start of the game. So I am giving saldana 3/4's credit toward meeting his win condition. Some of the services Littlefinger had at his disposal were dreadfully underutilized by other players in the game.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #2363
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

LORD ROOSE BOLTON'S OPENING PM (JAG)

You are Lord Roose Bolton, head of House Bolton. You are a bannerman to King Robb Stark of the House Stark. You may post in the House Stark thread.

Your win condition is to be one of the remaining three bannermen alive at the end of the game, regardless of who the reigning King is.

Your family home is the Dreadfort. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As Lord of the Dreadfort, you receive 2700 gold, 225 men and no ships every day, after your 10% tithing to King Robb Stark.

You begin the game with 10000 gold, 10000 men and no ships under your direct control. As The Dreadfort is land-locked and holds no coastal lands in its demesne, you are not currently able to build or hold onto ships.

Please review those abilities available to you in Post #6.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Stark may post in the House Stark thread.

Special Ability: You may, one time in the game, choose to send your bastard son Ramsay, to attempt to assassinate or torture another player in the game. If the player is not successfully killed, he will be hurt and unable to take action for a day. If the player is tortured, he will also be hurt and unable to take action for the day, and you will find out any secrets he may have. There is a chance your son will be recognized and if so, you will take an honor hit and could be subject to criminal charges.

You may not target Kings or neutral characters.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: JAG played his role really well, IMO, and it was just a bad roll of the dice that he ended up killed in the Battle of Cape Wrath. He became the first in a long line of Stark Hands to meet their end before their time. I was disappointed he never got to use his Ramsay ability. King-Hand PMs between JAG and Coffee Warlord have to be eligible for some kind of an award. There were tons of them, lol. My only complaint for JAG is that he wasn't evil enough (too loyal). That's a running theme for this game. Some of y'all need to get more evil.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #2364
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

LORD RICKARD KARSTARK'S OPENING PM (MrBug708)

You are Lord Rickard Karstark, head of House Karstark. You are a bannerman to King Robb Stark of the House Stark. You may post in the House Stark thread.

Your win condition is to be one of the remaining three bannermen alive at the end of the game, regardless of who the reigning King is.

Your family home is the Karhold. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As Lord of the Karhold, you receive 2160 gold, 180 men and 3 ships every 2 days, after your 10% tithing to King Robb Stark.

You begin the game with 5000 gold, 10000 men and no ships under your direct control.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Stark may post in the House Stark thread.

Minor Win Condition: You have a special hatred for Ser Jaime Lannister and you win a minor win condition if you kill or engineer his death, or if you are alive when he dies. If you have the opportunity to kill him, you will not be able to make a choice other than the option to attempt to kill him. You also will never be able to join a faction in which Ser Jaime Lannister is a member.

MAJOR WIN CONDITION NOT MET

MINOR WIN CONDITION: 100% SATISFIED

GM Comment: Bug was yet another Stark Hand to meet his end. He played a solid agme, and again, fell victim to a roll of the dice on the battlefield at Maidenpool. He won his minor win condition by surviving Jaime Lannister (bhlloy), who bought it at Cape Wrath.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-25-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #2365
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

THEON GREYJOY's OPENING PM (Lathum/JulioRiddols)

You are Theon Greyjoy of House Greyjoy of the Iron Islands. You are a bannerman to King Robb Stark of the House Stark. You may post in the House Stark thread.

Although you hail from the Iron Islands, you do not begin the game with a family home.

Because you hold no land of your own, you do not receive any daily income of gold, men or ships.

You begin the game with 1000 gold, 500 men and 10 ships under your direct control.

Special Ability: You are the key to the return of the Greyjoys! If you remain alive through the Day Five deadline, your father Balon Greyjoy will declare himself King and join the game. You will switch to the Greyjoy faction. Along with Balon Greyjoy, your sister Asha Greyjoy will join as well. Two posters outside of the current player list have agreed to play these roles, so do not be concerned that any actions you take in the interim will hurt your future family faction.

As long as you’re alive, that is all that matters, whether you’re still in House Stark or not.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: Yes, there was a chance the Greyjoys wouldn't even enter the game. Theon surviving was helped by Lathum being too busy to participate in the early going, as most everyone focused on other evilish characters like the Lannisters and Lady Melisandre. Obviously, the Greyjoys had an effect on this game, so Lathum surviving to Day Five did a lot for that. Julio Riddols, coming back into the game for a second role, did good considering his circumstances, and I thank him again for coming back into the game to play the role. He probably could have been more evil, but, hey, he did turncoat twice, so that was impressive.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #2366
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

LORD TYWIN LANNISTER'S OPENING PM (hoopsguy)

You are Lord Tywin Lannister, head of House Lannister. You are a bannerman to King Joffrey Baratheon of the House Lannister. You may post in the House Lannister thread.

Your family home is Casterly Rock. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As Lord of the Casterly Rock, you receive 4320 gold, 270 men and 9 ships every 4 days, after your 10% tithing to King Joffrey Baratheon.

You begin the game with 50000 gold, 25000 men and 20 ships under your direct control.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Lannister may post in the House Lannister thread.

Special Restriction: You cannot make a direct decision which would kill any of your children, even Tyrion. So you cannot order their assassination. Curiously enough, you can order the assassination of your grandson Joffrey. But that might prove difficult, since kings are extremely difficult to assassinate. Plus, Ser Jaime is the Lord Commander of his Kingsguard.

Special Ability: Ser Gregor Clegane is loyal to you, not to House Lannister. If you are forced out of House Lannister, you will gain PM rights with Clegane. He will attempt to join whatever faction you end up with. If he is sent to capture a prisoner and King Joffrey orders anything but that prisoner’s death, he will only be able to stop himself from killing the prisoner if you agree with Joffrey’s decision (or if you say nothing, which will be considered implicit approval). If Joffey orders a prisoner’s death in Clegane’s control and you do NOT approve of it, Clegane will instead deliver the prisoner to you.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: I was literally giddy when the dice roll for Tywin came up hoopsguy, and boy, did he rock this role. He did everything he could and really maximized the ruleset. He got very far considering he started in the almost doomed House Lannister. This is no shock, since hoopsguy is an amazing WW player, but it was still just a great pleasure to watch him operate. Other than maybe Coffee Warlord, perhaps no one else in the game maximized the ruleset like hoopsguy did.

PS: Lord Varys was the one who had Tywin assassinated.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-25-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #2367
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

SER JAIME LANNISTER's OPENING PM (greenbeans/bhlloy)

You are Ser Jaime Lannister of House Lannister. You are a bannerman to King Joffrey Baratheon of the House Lannister. You may post in the House Lannister thread.

While you are a Lannister, you do not have a family home of your own. In fact, as a member of the Kingsguard, you are not supposed to hold land at all (but you can in this game, if it is bequeathed to you).

Because you hold no land of your own, you do not receive any daily income of gold, men or ships.

You begin the game with 10000 gold but no men or ships under your direct control.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Lannister may post in the House Lannister thread.

Special Restriction: You cannot make a direct decision to kill Cersei, Tyrion or Tywin Lannister. And despite your nickname, you will also be unable to kill Joffrey, as he is not only your king, but also your son. While you want stop Brienne of Tarth from meeting an honorable death, if you hear she is targeted for an unhonorable death, you will do what you can to stop it. If she dies an unhonorable death when you win, you will only receive a minor win.

Special Ability: As a fighter of great reknown, you will gain a benefit for your side in any war you fight.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: Jaime Lannister wasn't an easy character to fit into this ruleset and greenbeans inactivity at the start didn't help either. bhlloy was a terrific addition to help save this one, and I thank him for stepping in. He fell victim to the dice on the battlefield, but, really, given his lack of land and money and being a member of House Lannister, he was really up against it. bhlloy did what he could with the role.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #2368
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

SER GREGOR CLEGANE'S OPENING PM (JulioRiddols)

You are Ser Gregor Clegane, also known as The Mountain That Rides, or The Mountain for short, and you are the head of House Clegane. You are a bannerman to King Joffrey Baratheon of the House Lannister. You may post in the House Lannister thread.

Your family home is Clegane’s Keep. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As Lord of the Clegane’s Keep, you receive 540 gold, 45 men and 1 ships every 3 days, after your 10% tithing to King Joffrey Baratheon.

You begin the game with 5000 gold, 2000 men and no ships under your direct control.

Special Restriction: If you are sent out to capture anyone and you succeed, you will only be able to hold off killing them in captivity if Lord Tywin Lannister agrees with King Joffrey’s decision. If Joffrey orders any other fate for a prisoner under your control than death, and Tywin openly opposes the decision in the thread, you will kill your prisoner. Tywin’s silence on the matter will be considered approval of the King’s decision. If Tywin opposes the killing of the prisoner, regardless of Joffrey’s order, you will deliver the prisoner to Tywin instead.

If Tywin Lannister leaves House Lannister, you will receive PM rights with Tywin and will work to join whatever faction he joins. You will not willingly kill Tywin Lannister.

Special Ability: If you are sent raiding, you are twice as likely to succeed as other raiders, because of your ruthless brutality. Because of your prowess as a fighter, you also give your side a bonus in any war you are in.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: JulioRiddols didn't really get a chance to shine with this role, as he was voted out first, then captured and then executed. Which is a shame, because I think there was a lot of opportunity for the Mountain to be evil if he had survived in some form, especially connected to Tywin Lannister. For a role that was in the game for such a short time, it turned out to be pretty important. I wonder how this game would have turned out if Autumn didn't chop off JulioRiddols head on Day Two?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #2369
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

FWIW, I tried to play Roose as I could, careful and cunning. He was loyal (or seemingly so) to Robb initially and only betrayed him when things started crumbling around him, so my plan was to gain Coffee's loyalty only to betray it if a chance to do so somewhat safely came along. But then I lost my head.

Great game Chief, I had a blast. This is one for the ages.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #2370
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

SER DAVOS SEAWORTH'S OPENING PM (InBlue)

You are Ser Davos Seaworth, also known as The Onion Knight. You are a bannerman to King Stannis Baratheon of the House Baratheon of Dragonstone. You may post in the House Baratheon of Dragonstone thread.

Your family home is Cape Wrath. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As Lord of the Cape Wrath, you receive 540 gold, 45 men and 2 ships every day, after your 10% tithing to King Stannis Baratheon.

You begin the game with 7500 gold, 500 men and 70 ships under your direct control.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Baratheon of Dragonstone may post in the House Baratheon of Dragonstone thread.

Special Restriction: You will not make any decision which will hurt Stannis Baratheon, even for your own benefit. If you leave his faction and join another, you will not be able to fight against his faction. You cannot be sent raiding, because you do not believe it is honorable to do so. You will not join a dishonorable faction.

Special Ability: You may, one time in the game, smuggle a captive out from under the nose of another player, because of your career of smuggling. You are also extraordinarily slippery—you cannot be captured once out in the open.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: It was clear that InBlue was very busy and only able to put in so much time, but I felt that when she was around, she did a terrific job in this role. Surviving to nearly the end as a bannerman ended up being extremely difficult because of the way I designed the ruleset, so you have to hand it to InBlue for being there and by King Stannis's side all the way to the last battle.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #2371
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
FWIW, I tried to play Roose as I could, careful and cunning. He was loyal (or seemingly so) to Robb initially and only betrayed him when things started crumbling around him, so my plan was to gain Coffee's loyalty only to betray it if a chance to do so somewhat safely came along. But then I lost my head.

Great game Chief, I had a blast. This is one for the ages.

Thanks!

And you make a good point. It's entirely possible you just died too soon to play your evil cards.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #2372
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bah, I handed him an evil card and he refused it
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #2373
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

He didn't need your piddly handouts.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #2374
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

SER AXELL FLORENT'S OPENING PM (claphamsa)

You are Ser Axell Florent of the House Florent. You are a bannerman to King Stannis Baratheon of the House Baratheon of Dragonstone. You may post in the House Baratheon of Dragonstone thread.

Your family home is Brightwater Keep. As this is a family home, no King can remove this land from you.

As a member of House Florent of Brightwater Keep, you receive 2700 gold, 225 men and no ships every day, after your 10% tithing to King Stannis Baratheon.

You begin the game with 3000 gold, 3000 men and no ships under your direct control.

As Brightwater Keep is land-locked and holds no coastal lands in its demesne, you are not currently able to build or hold onto ships.

You do not have PM rights with your fellow faction members or anyone else in the game, except as set out in the PM section of the rules in Post #6. All members of House Baratheon of Dragonstone may post in the House Baratheon of Dragonstone thread.

Special Restriction: As a convert to the Lord of Light, you are unable to harm Lady Melisandre, as you believe she has come to Westeros to serve the messianic Azor Ahai.

Special Ability: Lady Melisandre may one time in the game bring you back from death using the power of the Lord of Light. One time, you can fight with the fervor of R’hllor in a war and give your side a benefit in the war.

WIN CONDITION NOT MET

GM Comment: claphamsa had technical difficulties right in the middle of the game, and that really hurt his ability to play this role. Plus, I'll admit, it's probably one of the two most boring roles, character-wise, in the game. He actually did pretty well in lasting to the end of the Enemy of the Realm bannermen.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #2375
path12
Coordinator

It cracked me up in the middle of the game to get one of clap's daily PM's that just was basically saying hi and how's things?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #2376
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to mention above in Danny's, saldana's and Zinto's writeups...

Danny (Tyrion) paid for the assassination attempt on Littlefinger (the one that failed). He paid for it before joining House Stark, but was a bannerman for House Stark by the time it happened.

saldana (Littlefinger) paid for the assassination attempt on Lady Melisandre, which succeeded. I thought it was pretty funny how much consternation was expressed in PMs over who actually ordered that one. Littlefinger also ordered the assassination of path12 (King Renly), but DaddyTorgo (Lord Varys) stopped that one.

Zinto (Joffrey) paid for the Faceless Man. He got help from Narcizo (Cersei), path12 (Renly), and Autumn (Stannis), as well as the Iron Bank of Braavos. The ONLY way Robb Stark would have survived that attack was if Ser Barristan was guarding him (only way anyone in the game would have survived a Faceless Man attack actually).

Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2377
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lunch is calling. I'll post the rest when I return.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2378
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You penniless wusses!

I coulda bought the Faceless Man by myself, if I was allowed to.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #2379
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
You penniless wusses!

I coulda bought the Faceless Man by myself, if I was allowed to.

I was sure you were going to. I remember sending the gold to Zinto and saying something like 'hire him quick!'
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #2380
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yep, the only thing that stopped me was the fact that I couldn't.

I woulda hired him several days prior if I was permitted.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #2381
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was actually preparing to hire two separate assassins - one directly, and one by sending money to Cersei. Sounds like she might have had other plans for the money I was sending her in dribs and drabs while wandering the lands of Westeros without a house.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #2382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Although my targets would have been the favored of the land - figured that I did not want bannermen who could not be voted getting the opportunity to harm me in battle as well.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #2383
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Towards the end there, I was just throwing money at everyone in the hopes they'd get the message and off someone for me. I was always afraid I'd take an honor hit if I directly paid a person to hire an assassin on my behalf.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #2384
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It cracked me up in the middle of the game to get one of clap's daily PM's that just was basically saying hi and how's things?

I actually had a lot of trouble with all the roll playing, having hated the first book. and never seen the show. maybe my roll was boring, but it seemed that with everyone Pming a ton, there wasnt alot going on in any of the threads. funnily about 5 min after I Pmd you, autumn told me to Pm someone else.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #2385
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't start investing in my lands until way too late, totally skipped over that in the rules and then forgot. My work schedule has been quite hectic.

I asked for confirmation if Stannis could flee from Dragonstone to a landlocked region and didn't get it (no slight to Chief because I know how crazy this game was). I probably still would've ended up losing but it might have gone a little differently if the ships could've been more in play. If I'd known it would've been landlocked I probably wouldn't have attacked Stannis.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #2386
Autumn
Head Coach

This is the first I heard of your special ability, Clap! I was really in teh dark, never really hearing anything like that from clap, and more importantly having little idea what Melisandre's abilities were.

The real crux of hte game was sending the FAceless Man at Robb instead of Renly. I wasn't sure Zinto would spend the money on Renly, and I was too busy that day to sit and thinkit through. But if we had sent it at Renly and then all joined together (which was the plan), we could have taken out Robb. I would have knelt to Balon if it meant defeating Robb and Renly.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #2387
Autumn
Head Coach

Saldana, why did you kill Melisandre? I'm not sure how that helped you. Was she one of VArys's four?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #2388
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also wondering why DT/Varys had me clipped.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #2389
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This is the first I heard of your special ability, Clap! I was really in teh dark, never really hearing anything like that from clap, and more importantly having little idea what Melisandre's abilities were.

The real crux of hte game was sending the FAceless Man at Robb instead of Renly. I wasn't sure Zinto would spend the money on Renly, and I was too busy that day to sit and thinkit through. But if we had sent it at Renly and then all joined together (which was the plan), we could have taken out Robb. I would have knelt to Balon if it meant defeating Robb and Renly.

I'd be curious to see how a land-based defense woulda turned out against me with all of you minus Renly against me. My initial guess is you wouldn't have had the men to win.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #2390
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

we won every fight we fought in, and i had the order to use it the day i died, and in the end, i didnt think it was much of a special ability. and melisandre got herself offed fast!~

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #2391
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'd be curious to see how a land-based defense woulda turned out against me with all of you minus Renly against me. My initial guess is you wouldn't have had the men to win.

I think at the time I calculated the three other kings had about 75,000 men on land, plus we could hire a lot more mercenaries, so i think we would have taken you barring any subterfuge. Though I can't remember what hte deal was with Tyrion at that point.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #2392
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I wanted to send a message to Jaime along. The lines of F you, I hope you die.

My motive was pretty blatant and I wasn't hiding it either. Other than that, my role was bland
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #2393
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I had the same, plus a land combat bonus, plus another 10,000 men from Selmy. Tyrion woulda added another 10,000 if I had him at the time (I think I did, but I forget).
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2394
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
we won every fight we fought in, and i had the order to use it the day i died, and in the end, i didnt think it was much of a special ability. and melisandre got herself offed fast!~

Fair enough, it was just really hard to strategize without all that sort of information. I had info on numbers of soldiers and alliances that you didn't have. Its' more that I had no idea you had a special ability, not what it was in particular.

It was probably hard for bannermen because i know i wasn't sharing lots of info in the main thread for fear of spies. I was taking the info I could get and processing it alone or with InBlue.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #2395
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Pardon, little less. Last report I got had me at 67,000 men. But with Selmy & Tyrion, I had you topped I think.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #2396
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I knew the numbers would be tight against Robb--if Renly would have joined us we had it, but I didn't want to trust in that. It hink it would have been a better shot taking out Renly as a sure thing with the assassin though rather than wasting it on you. We could have hired something like 30,000 mercenaries versus your 10, might have been enough. And it would keep you from being able to declare war.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #2397
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I actually would have just taken my chances 1 on 1 regardless, though. Once Tywin died, I had a fairly respectable navy, at least in a 1 on 1 situation.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #2398
Autumn
Head Coach

But yes, Selmy going to you was a huge move for you. Really cemented your power in two ways.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #2399
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, we would have joined together right away, so you'd be going 1 on 1 against the rest of us. So going up against all the ships, that ain't going to work.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #2400
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

This was before the rules change, I think.