Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #2351
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, how would RA know if one or both of you had been converted?

Look, I'm just trying to figure out why you are taking the approach you are taking tonight. I'm not advocating lynching either of you guys at the moment, but I'm not backing down from asking questions this time.

If the group sees this as sufficient reason to come after me, then we'll be short one more Londoner. But the information you guys are presenting doesn't make any sense.

If you visited someone besides Path, they could come forward and say that you visited them last night. But no one is coming forward and you guys are not giving information about it despite both of you being in the thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #2352
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Look, I'm just trying to figure out why you are taking the approach you are taking tonight. I'm not advocating lynching either of you guys at the moment, but I'm not backing down from asking questions this time.

If the group sees this as sufficient reason to come after me, then we'll be short one more Londoner. But the information you guys are presenting doesn't make any sense.

If you visited someone besides Path, they could come forward and say that you visited them last night. But no one is coming forward and you guys are not giving information about it despite both of you being in the thread.

what he said. i didn't say i wanted to lynch you blade. i just said i wanted you to answer the questions, that's all.

RA...don't lynch me!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #2353
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i'm just saying RA...something doesn't add up. and like blade is saying, in a numbers game right now, we are so far ahead that we can almost afford that lynch to find out what the two of them are really up to.

What really doesn't add up is that you could've kept your mouth shut. I was ready to save you had Blade not said something concrete and you had to come out of left field with that. Why would I vote to lynch someone who I have professed many times to be Holmes and Watson? The fact that Moriarty is out there and might not be bulletsponge is a huge factor because nobody knows for sure if bulletsponge is Moriarty. You two are the top suspects. Surely you can see where I'm coming from.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #2354
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Becuase if one of us was converted the other would know it. That person would then tell everyone else. We are always together, day and night...i see no way cronin could far to darkness without me knowing, especially with the unique bodyguard like power he possesses
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #2355
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What really doesn't add up is that you could've kept your mouth shut. I was ready to save you had Blade not said something concrete and you had to come out of left field with that. Why would I vote to lynch someone who I have professed many times to be Holmes and Watson? The fact that Moriarty is out there and might not be bulletsponge is a huge factor because nobody knows for sure if bulletsponge is Moriarty. You two are the top suspects. Surely you can see where I'm coming from.

right. but even if they are holmes and watson, do we know for sure that they might not also be masons with their own victory conditions or up to something else? i'm not disputing they are holmes and watson, but something doesn't add up, and it's frustrating to me!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #2356
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'd like to live to the end of the game...sure. but i'd also like to know WTF they are up to and being so secretive about.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #2357
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Actually I felt pretty safe about night 3 because I realized since I never went out that it would be hard for a baddie to kill me.

Anyhow, I'm sticking with this unless someone has some hard evidence to sway me from my decisions.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #2358
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
right. but even if they are holmes and watson, do we know for sure that they might not also be masons with their own victory conditions or up to something else? i'm not disputing they are holmes and watson, but something doesn't add up, and it's frustrating to me!

But why go after them when Moriarty is still out there? Answer that and I'll think about saving you.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #2359
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually I felt pretty safe about night 3 because I realized since I never went out that it would be hard for a baddie to kill me.

Anyhow, I'm sticking with this unless someone has some hard evidence to sway me from my decisions.

Also, it's pretty ironic since I was the Chief of Inspections at West Point in my last job.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #2360
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and maybe i just see my death as inevitable if bulletsponge comes up clean...and if he doesn't then it's not that the end of the world that i didn't live till the end of the game.

living would be nice though, don't get me wrong.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #2361
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you really believe they would grant two of the biggest roles for good additional roles to harm good? That would greatly unbalance the game DT...we have you dubb, saldana, and helped with Lathum and LSG(it was me who said i didnt believe her when she confirmed my saldana story and said she was likely still my top suspect). If we werent with good, we wouldnt be anywhere near this close to victory. Neither dubb nor saldana were going to get lynched if we didnt say anyting...DT, you killed yourself there, sorry
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #2362
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
and maybe i just see my death as inevitable if bulletsponge comes up clean...and if he doesn't then it's not that the end of the world that i didn't live till the end of the game.

living would be nice though, don't get me wrong.

If bullet does come up as clean, why go after a mason? If you had directed your vote towards hoops or swaggs it would've made more sense to me. Maybe you didn't realize how much I trusted blade and cronin. *shrug*
Old 12-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #2363
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I don't know how to respond to that - it is based on information that is specific to your role PM and there isn't anyone else who can vouch for it.

I'm much more interested in understanding what happened with you two last night. I certainly wasn't asking for you to not scan DT so you could go back to the guy you had scanned the night before. And the circumstances around it (him dead, me not seeing you two) look really lousy as well.

Your actions have earned a good amount of trust so far this game - which is why I'm trying to talk this out instead of pushing harder. But your refusal to discuss it has the look of a bad guy who realize he screwed up right now. We've made it seven days without a major Blade/Hoops throwdown and I wasn't looking to have one right now. Just answer the questions about last night and we don't need to have one tonight either.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #2364
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But why go after them when Moriarty is still out there? Answer that and I'll think about saving you.

i don't want to GO AFTER THEM. i just want them to tell us what they're being so secretive about. and voting being the only weapon that there is in this game to force people to talk, what i MEANT was that that type of pressure might force them to tell us why they're being secretive. if they'd just come right out and say it that'd be fine, but they won't. I'm just wary of CR's description of masons, and how they could be working for either side, implying they have their own victory conditions, and if there are masons then I wouldn't want to see them win because we rushed to lynch me when I could just as easily sit in jail for another day.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #2365
st.cronin
General Manager

st.cronin: Hoopsguy, in the games when you have a bodyguard, were you always completely open with the village about your movements?

Hoopsguy: um, no

st.cronin: ok then

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #2366
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I personally don't think he needs to explain himself to you. DT made a mistake; a fatal one. Your behavior is only putting the target on you if the game doesn't end tonight.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #2367
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If bullet does come up as clean, why go after a mason? If you had directed your vote towards hoops or swaggs it would've made more sense to me. Maybe you didn't realize how much I trusted blade and cronin. *shrug*

i don't have a vote. you have me in jail. i just want answers.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #2368
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, I have another theory to share after the game is over tonight. Remind me to share with y'all...including Chief Rum.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #2369
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I don't know how to respond to that - it is based on information that is specific to your role PM and there isn't anyone else who can vouch for it.

I'm much more interested in understanding what happened with you two last night. I certainly wasn't asking for you to not scan DT so you could go back to the guy you had scanned the night before. And the circumstances around it (him dead, me not seeing you two) look really lousy as well.

Your actions have earned a good amount of trust so far this game - which is why I'm trying to talk this out instead of pushing harder. But your refusal to discuss it has the look of a bad guy who realize he screwed up right now. We've made it seven days without a major Blade/Hoops throwdown and I wasn't looking to have one right now. Just answer the questions about last night and we don't need to have one tonight either.
If you still dont trust me after i was one of the top two pushers for ALL 4 dead bad guys, then nothing i say now will convince you. No offense, you can try all you want but ive told you what im willing to tell you. You can suspect, accuse, or pick a fight. You will find me quite unresponsive. There will be no major hoops/blade throwdown today, becuase quite frankly i wont enter into one with you.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #2370
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, I would think the target would shift to me if DT is a bad guy and the game doesn't end tonight because I would be potentially trying to protect him.

But I'm not doing that - I'm trying to understand why our seer and partner are lying to us in a manner that makes them look guilty.

Cronin, in the times that I was a bodyguard I didn't leak fake information after the fact - I just withheld who my last protection was in games where I couldn't guard the same people twice. I get that Blade plays fast and loose with information, but what is the value-add in keeping this info to himself and you telling a lie that is pretty easily disproved?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #2371
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fine. When the game does not end tonight come scan me.

If the game does end tonight, I'll apologize for introducing doubt near the end of the game although I don't know what information you could possibly have collected last night that would explain how you two are playing right now. I guess it is a topic for the post-game.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #2372
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think the game is over tonight from what I've seen.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #2373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the game is over tonight from what I've seen.

??
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #2374
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Raiders, I would think the target would shift to me if DT is a bad guy and the game doesn't end tonight because I would be potentially trying to protect him.

But I'm not doing that - I'm trying to understand why our seer and partner are lying to us in a manner that makes them look guilty.

Cronin, in the times that I was a bodyguard I didn't leak fake information after the fact - I just withheld who my last protection was in games where I couldn't guard the same people twice. I get that Blade plays fast and loose with information, but what is the value-add in keeping this info to himself and you telling a lie that is pretty easily disproved?

The short answer is that we suspect that there are counter-measures to some things we may do.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #2375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, I can certainly come up with scenarios where lynching two tonight could end very badly (Blade/Cronin are converted as a pair???) but I think they are pretty remote and that we will have the luxury of getting it right tomorrow if we screw up today.

That doesn't mean I like how this is playing out at all.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #2376
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
The short answer is that we suspect that there are counter-measures to some things we may do.

aaaah. well that's certainly understandable then. you could have come out awhile back and said that and saved my neck though!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #2377
Blade6119
Coordinator

I hope it is...if moriarty is the last evil, it should be DT...if its a conversion, we will likely have to win tomorrow or the day after if only 1 is left. Hoops was a very attractive conversion target, as was izulde and swaggs(if converted on nights after he was cleared). Tomorrow, if game does not end today, we will have(not counting any night attempts):

Special:
Raiders
Cronin
Blade

Hooker:
Hoops
Izulde

Reg:
Swaggs

If we can lynch two of those bottom 3, we shold win...if not, we go to the next day and kill the 3rd...numbers game, see?
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #2378
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
??

I'll explain after the game is over.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #2379
hoopsguy
General Manager

If DT is telling the truth, then Bullet had two shots at harming Barkeep (this is based upon Blade/Dubb info on poisoning as cause of death, as it was not spelled out publicly).

VOTE BULLETSPONGE
Old 12-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #2380
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll explain after the game is over.

still determined to kill me?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #2381
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
still determined to kill me?

Ya. My theory is based on out of game stuff that I have observed tonight but I'm still letting you die (and voting to lynch you) based on what you've said.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #2382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Izulde and Swaggs - I'm interested in your thoughts on how the events of the last couple of hours have played out.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #2383
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ya. My theory is based on out of game stuff that I have observed tonight but I'm still letting you die (and voting to lynch you) based on what you've said.

theory?

what have i said? that the blade/cronin secretiveness makes me uncomfortable? even if they are good, don't you still want to know what they're up to?

i wasn't seriously arguing that we lynch one of them. more like wondering what they were up to.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #2384
Blade6119
Coordinator

And im pretty sure i decided who i want to scan already if we dont win today, so im looking forward to these lynch results.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #2385
st.cronin
General Manager

RA, can you put TWO people in prison? Or is it just one per night?

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #2386
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
theory?

what have i said? that the blade/cronin secretiveness makes me uncomfortable? even if they are good, don't you still want to know what they're up to?

i wasn't seriously arguing that we lynch one of them. more like wondering what they were up to.

Sorry to confuse, but my theory that the game is going to end tonight is based on out of game events. That being siad, their secretiveness doesn't make me uncomfortable until we kill Moriarty.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #2387
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

One per night, but two can be in prison at a time.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #2388
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Thinking toss 2 in prison tonight so we can lynch all 3 tomorrow? Interesting idea
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #2389
Blade6119
Coordinator

nm, RA said nope
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #2390
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry to confuse, but my theory that the game is going to end tonight is based on out of game events. That being siad, their secretiveness doesn't make me uncomfortable until we kill Moriarty.

what out-of-game events?

now i'm just really curious.

right, and we do need to kill moriarity first, but there's no reason we can't at least like...ask the questions of them now. it's not like we can't pursue 2 agendas.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #2391
hoopsguy
General Manager

K, out until after results are posted. Hopefully returning to a post-game ...
Old 12-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #2392
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We'll find out here in a few minutes what happens!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #2393
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
what out-of-game events?

now i'm just really curious.

right, and we do need to kill moriarity first, but there's no reason we can't at least like...ask the questions of them now. it's not like we can't pursue 2 agendas.
You say quite clearly to kill us..thats not ask questions, thats flat out telling them to kill us:
Quote:
keep me in jail, lynch one of the two of them and maybe we'd find out why they were so secretive?
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #2394
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Time check.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #2395
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
We'll find out here in a few minutes what happens!

Raiders, any thoughts on tonight's scan?
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #2396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
You say quite clearly to kill us..thats not ask questions, thats flat out telling them to kill us:

it was a question though...see the ? on it. trying to put pressure on you two to find out what you're up to that's all!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #2397
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Raiders, any thoughts on tonight's scan?
Nope. I think the game's over.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #2398
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Izulde and Swaggs - I'm interested in your thoughts on how the events of the last couple of hours have played out.

I just had to breeze through, but I think we are making the right move tonight. Unless we think hookers can be converted, I don't know where else to go, other than DT and/or bullet.

As I said earlier, I will be happy to visit one of you all tonight if you tell me where.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #2399
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Nope. I think the game's over.

"

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #2400
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Anyhow, I thought the game was over since Chief Rum was in the thread for the past hour or so off and on...mostly on. I don't believe he's stuck around that much for a deadline before.