Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #2351
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, I think it is suspicious that hoopsguy is voting for mckerney when momentum appears to be going pretty solidly in two directions, either for him or Barkeep.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #2352
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
For my vote, I'm going to pick a side in this ongoing mckerney/Barkeep dispute. And I'm choosing Barkeep as the human today. I'm more inclined to believe an either/or scenario at this point in the game than I was earlier in the game just because the number of Things we are fighting continues to increase.

VOTE MCKERNEY

I'm not surprised by this. You're #3 on my suspect list right now, and although I'm not nearly as sure as I am about you as I am barkeep and st.cronin, this gives me more reason to confirm my suspicion.

Just be ready to take a test after barkeep burns today.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #2353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Depending on what King's answer is, I think there is going to be a mad rush off of both Barkeep and I later this afternoon.

And if there is no answer forthcoming I'm defintely switching my vote. Not that mckerney was exactly sweating the bandwagon forming behind my vote for him ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #2354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, why would you want me to vote for someone (Barkeep) who I think is more likely to be a villager than most of the other people in this game?

Again, barring a really good answer from King, my vote isn't staying on mckerney (or going to Barkeep).
Old 05-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #2355
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Depending on what King's answer is, I think there is going to be a mad rush off of both Barkeep and I later this afternoon.

And if there is no answer forthcoming I'm defintely switching my vote. Not that mckerney was exactly sweating the bandwagon forming behind my vote for him ...
If you want you can go ahead and say what it is...its your call, but regardless of kings actions i want to hear you state your claim on what it is before the deadline...not yet, as there is time...but this is not something i want you to sweep under the rug.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #2356
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I have no doubt that the Things have enough numbers by now to swing the vote away from them, as long as the vote is spread out enough. That is why I think we should be voting for two candidates, rather than splitting things up three or more ways. It also why I think a vote for mckerney is suspicious. If you start momentum towards him, you could be hoping that even one or two of us fall in line behind you, giving you a viable third person to swing things to if people do not check back in time to switch their votes.

What makes mckerney a better candidate to be a Thing than Barkeep to you? If you are not a Thing, I cannot see why you would want to bring a third person into the conversation (even if he is a reasonable) choice.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #2357
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Whats that role called?

I was told that I run a cutting-edge manufacturing plant in the US and was sent here to Antartica to examine the conditions because I am what you would call a genius in my field. I am hopint to use the research I have found here to make better equipment upon my return.

Since I am so well respected amongst the other scientists and I often talk to other corporate executives I am able to use my communication skills to allow my vote to count double.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #2358
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I was told that I run a cutting-edge manufacturing plant in the US and was sent here to Antartica to examine the conditions because I am what you would call a genius in my field. I am hopint to use the research I have found here to make better equipment upon my return.

Since I am so well respected amongst the other scientists and I often talk to other corporate executives I am able to use my communication skills to allow my vote to count double.
Ok, i hope you didnt post a replica of your pm...thats against the rules...just wanted a role name...so if you did, delete that...either way thank you for that information...now its hoops' turn to reveal information
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #2359
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok, i hope you didnt post a replica of your pm...thats against the rules...just wanted a role name...so if you did, delete that...either way thank you for that information...now its hoops' turn to reveal information

No it was more of a paraphrase.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #2360
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just to make sure I understand properly - you replaced Dubb, correct?

So how do the words simple and brilliant make their way into this role? I know that you are getting worked on here for something that was said by your predecessor (Dubb) but back on Day 1 he was adamant that the "brilliant" explanation that I offered up was not sufficient to show that I was a generic scientist. That I had ignored the word "simple" in bringing out the explanation to the masses.

I'll pull up post numbers if I need to do this, but this was a big enough topic of discussion early in the game that this should certainly jog people's memory.

UNVOTE MCKERNEY
VOTE KINGFC22
Old 05-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #2361
Blade6119
Coordinator

hoops, lets hear what you have to say on this matter
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #2362
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, he beat me to my smart ass remark
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #2363
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, why would you want me to vote for someone (Barkeep) who I think is more likely to be a villager than most of the other people in this game?

Again, barring a really good answer from King, my vote isn't staying on mckerney (or going to Barkeep).

Why would you vote for someone that you do not intend on keeping your vote on, other than to run interference?

All I know is that I am not certain of anyone's innocence except my own and almost certainly Blade. If I were you and could see that the vote is trending towards either me or someone that I was not sure about, I would not see a good reason for voting for a third person, since it might be the one vote that makes me get tested, rather than someone like Barkeep (who unlike me, I am not certain of whether or not they are a Thing). With numbers the way they are and our chances of pulling this out pretty close to on the line right now, I don't see a real good reason to get cute and vote for a third person right now unless you have a real good reason to. And so far, I haven't heard you trying to sell us on mckerney very hard at all.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #2364
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty, when you read this can you please verify that King did in fact replace Dubb (as opposed to someone else)?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #2365
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Just to make sure I understand properly - you replaced Dubb, correct?

So how do the words simple and brilliant make their way into this role? I know that you are getting worked on here for something that was said by your predecessor (Dubb) but back on Day 1 he was adamant that the "brilliant" explanation that I offered up was not sufficient to show that I was a generic scientist. That I had ignored the word "simple" in bringing out the explanation to the masses.

I'll pull up post numbers if I need to do this, but this was a big enough topic of discussion early in the game that this should certainly jog people's memory.

UNVOTE MCKERNEY
VOTE KINGFC22

Since I wasn't in the game until day 5 or 6 (I forget which) could you give me those posts. Without knowing what had happened all I can say is that dubb and I have different play styles. I feel like we need to get information out in the open to clear people at this point in the game because it feels like the Things are close to winning this unless people start trying to clear themselves.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #2366
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Since I wasn't in the game until day 5 or 6 (I forget which) could you give me those posts. Without knowing what had happened all I can say is that dubb and I have different play styles. I feel like we need to get information out in the open to clear people at this point in the game because it feels like the Things are close to winning this unless people start trying to clear themselves.
Im sure he will, but the generic scientist role included the words "simple, but brilliant scientist" as well as some other stuff. Dubb was the one who really came out in the open with the simple part of the PM and attacked hoops for not using it(hoops claims bodyguard, so dubb was right)...if you indeed are what you claim, then why would dubb have known simple but brilliant.

Its an intriguing argument put forth by hoops, that he would like you to answer.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #2367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, because I think the window of days for Barkeep to have been converted, as compared to most of the other players in the game, is pretty small.

The fact that Blade checked out means that Coffee Warlord was clearing at least some villagers. The idea that makes the most sense for a turned seer is to clear villagers every day rather than get cute and slip in a Thing. I don't know if that is what they did, but I think CW is a smart enough player to realize this.

Once I make that inductive leap, I then think that there are only three nights for Barkeep to have been converted. And he has been under fire the entire time ... a position that I can definitely sympathize with. Finally, I've played enough games with Barkeep that I'm going to make some decisions based on gut instinct. Which tells me that at least as of yesterday he was playing as a scientist and not a Thing.

Now, if I'm not going to vote for myself or Barkeep, then where do I go with my vote? Well, how about to someone who has been applying pressure to two guys that are pretty high on my trust list for today (Cronin and Barkeep)? Who has been attacking him for several days now and vehemently trying to make the case that he is a Thing?

That said, I would rather go after someone who appears to have screwed up with a needless role reveal (Kingfc22) than follow my suspicion. Going for the 95% play instead of the 75% play. That is my explanation for the earlier vote as well as my current vote.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #2368
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #183 by Dubb:
Quote:
Actually I think this hurts you a little in my book Hoopsguy. If you don't quite get the "brilliant" blurb, that leads me to believe you didn't get a simliar PM to what some of the rest of us got. It refers to us as simple, but brilliant . I didn't want to bring that up, but since it is already out in the open I see no problem with it.

What you quoted has nothing to do with that.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #2369
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, was that the piece of info you were thinking about as well? Or did you have something else?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #2370
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I then think that there are only three nights for Barkeep to have been converted.
And hoops slips up too....you claimed to have guarded CW on night 4, making 3 night he could have been converted impossible seeing as how he was tested on day 3 and killed on day 6...thats leaves nights 3 and 5 open for conversion...2 nights, not 3...

Hoops, you almost had me thinking king until this...
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #2371
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, was that the piece of info you were thinking about as well? Or did you have something else?
Not at all, i never caught that the first time through. Im rather impressed by your shrewdness to catch that. Now, im currently inclined to trust king becuase of a small comment he made, but its interesting you saw that. What i was after he answered with the correct answer...
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #2372
st.cronin
General Manager

interesting

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #2373
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm a little lost at this point. I think I need to re-read some stuff here.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #2374
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hoops - I'm not sure why Dubb said what he said other than he plays differently than I do. He might have jumped on the fact that others were posting "simple but brilliant" and wanted to fit in with the crowd. My role describes me as a genius so I guess Dubb just didn't want to stick out so early in the game.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #2375
st.cronin
General Manager

This is the question I have - the Things are, and have been for a while, playing very smart. Which good players have not been tested lately? hoops is the only one that really comes to my mind.

knives out
Old 05-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #2376
Blade6119
Coordinator

Without going in-depth about reasons, hoops or barkeep is the way to go. The trick is which one...id bank my post count one is bad, just not 100% which...but king should not be the target today after his description fit what i was looking for
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #2377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, technically Barkeep could have been converted any night, not just in a three night window. I think you are misreading what I put out there.

What I was saying with the "three nights to be converted" is that if Coffee had been converted and was clearing villagers with his scans (thus avoiding any indications of Things) then Barkeep was clear on Day 6 (when CW was killed). Which would leave only two nights for him to have been converted - Night 6 and Night 7.

In essence, you are right that I typed three nights instead of two nights. But it looks like you read this to think I was talking about nights where CW could have been converted and not nights where I assume Barkeep was up for consideration as a conversion.

Incidentally, I do agree with what Swaggs said about having at most two candidates for the vote today. I would prefer that we have one candidate to avoid any chance of the Things manipulating the vote. But I absolutely will not vote for either Blade or me because I know that loses the game for us. And I strongly suspect that voting for either Barkeep or Cronin also loses the game.

Until I see some kind of rebuttal from King I'm not sure why anyone is not voting for him.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #2378
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
This is the question I have - the Things are, and have been for a while, playing very smart. Which good players have not been tested lately? hoops is the only one that really comes to my mind.
Barkeep hasnt either...hoops and barkeep...around and around we go, yet all the pieces keep falling into place for these two. Both claim special roles, both have had heat on them but have always gotten someone else tested..and both have supported each other almost all game
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #2379
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Genius > Brilliant
Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #2380
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
But it looks like you read this to think I was talking about nights where CW could have been converted and not nights where I assume Barkeep was up for consideration as a conversion.
Wow, i read CW and not barkeep on your earlier post...my fault entirely...

As for king, hes not the way im going today...he might be converted later, but hes my most trusted person now(outside of myself)
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #2381
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Barkeep hasnt either...hoops and barkeep...around and around we go, yet all the pieces keep falling into place for these two. Both claim special roles, both have had heat on them but have always gotten someone else tested..and both have supported each other almost all game

I'm with ya blade. I think it is one or the other. The key is obviously who to target today.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #2382
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like to see Barkeep and hoops debate this at this point. I'll keep my vote on hoops since he seems to be vocal in his defense, but there's something that doesn't seem right. Barkeep is awfully silent...
Old 05-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #2383
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Hope that results are up soon, otherwise I will be out for the day an unable to defend myself.
Dola, just remembered this. Hmmmm...real or a possible passive defense?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #2384
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Thinking about how the CW thing fell into place, it's possible BK was a Thing that day. That's the sort of play they would probably need to make at least once.

knives out
Old 05-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #2385
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm up for whatever kind of debate people want to have here, but it isn't going to be Barkeep I'm trying to lynch unles it becomes a him or me scenario.

We have more than half of the people playing the game in the room right now, but no one besides Blade or I are talking about this Kingfc22. Hmm ... wonder how many PMs are flying right now trying to figure out how to address this?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #2386
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm with ya blade. I think it is one or the other. The key is obviously who to target today.
There is where im having my problems...hoops is my vote until i hear a better reason for barkeep.

I think hoops has been bad most of the game(night 2 in my mind), but even if you think not he revealed 2 days ago...he all but said he was guarding himself 2 nights ago, and yesterday said he guarded himself...why, as a thing, would you not convert the bodyguard last night if you knew he was defenseless. That alone is off, and there are a million other reasons.

But barkeep has reasons too, stemming all the way back to the qwikshot kill(which i do believe was legit). So im on hoops until i hear better, but i firmly believe at least 1 is a thing...trick is which
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #2387
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Without going in-depth about reasons, hoops or barkeep is the way to go. The trick is which one...id bank my post count one is bad, just not 100% which...but king should not be the target today after his description fit what i was looking for

I agree.

Barkeep and hoopsguy are targets 1a and 1b to me. Although I understand this argument is useless if hoopsguy was converted early, I still think him throwing the bodyguard thing out there had to be at least somewhat of a deterrent to the Things. The Things want to grow in number so that they outnumber us, so I just think taking that risk is not a worthwhile risk for them. Again, if he got converted early, that is all out the window. I'm sticking on Barkeep for now. Hopefully we will get a chance to test them both today.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #2388
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm up for whatever kind of debate people want to have here, but it isn't going to be Barkeep I'm trying to lynch unles it becomes a him or me scenario.

We have more than half of the people playing the game in the room right now, but no one besides Blade or I are talking about this Kingfc22. Hmm ... wonder how many PMs are flying right now trying to figure out how to address this?
You will not get me to vote kingfc today if you tortured me...for today, he is clean...i have spoken
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #2389
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
The Things want to grow in number so that they outnumber us, so I just think taking that risk is not a worthwhile risk for them.
Heres the flip side though...they dont convert him he has a very real chance to ruin their game, be it once or 5 times...they took the seer out after he revealed becuase he was a threat to their victory...hoops would be a threat as well, the only one unless barkeep could kill repeatedly which we have seen hasnt happened.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #2390
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Heres the flip side though...they dont convert him he has a very real chance to ruin their game, be it once or 5 times...they took the seer out after he revealed becuase he was a threat to their victory...hoops would be a threat as well, the only one unless barkeep could kill repeatedly which we have seen hasnt happened.

That's what I think, too. Problem is, I think if we miss this vote, it's game over.

knives out
Old 05-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #2391
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I still don't see how the Things didn't convert you Blade. *grumble*
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #2392
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That's what I think, too. Problem is, I think if we miss this vote, it's game over.
While i think no matter what we should treat each day as doomsday, is it possible we are dealing with every other night conversions? We might not be at life or death yet...then again we might, just thinking out loud. If we are every night, the quiet players hold the key to our victory as at least 3-4 have to be things...
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #2393
kingfc22
Head Coach

Since it looks like Hoops is after me as of right now.

VOTE HOOPS

This vote could change if I hear a valid reason to vote BK over Hoops.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #2394
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The only good thing is that we have a better chance of hitting a Thing today than we did yesterday...and the day before that...and the day before that...
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #2395
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh, I agree it is certainly a possibility. It is just my opinion, but it would take a pretty ballsy player to take that chance and risk it.

When you think about it from a Thing point of view, they risk a significant loss anytime they do not successfully convert, since they would not gain in number and they could possibly lose two people to testing in any given day.

Once again, I have no insider knowledge or insight, just trying to think logically on how they might operate to give themselves the best and safest chance to win.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #2396
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I still don't see how the Things didn't convert you Blade. *grumble*
Hey, were even...i was wrong about you on day 2-3, you were wrong about me on 4-7 lol...granted, two more days, but whos counting.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #2397
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
While i think no matter what we should treat each day as doomsday, is it possible we are dealing with every other night conversions? We might not be at life or death yet...then again we might, just thinking out loud. If we are every night, the quiet players hold the key to our victory as at least 3-4 have to be things...
I think we should think worst case scenario; however, it is a strong possibility that they can't convert every night due to the whiffs we've had.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #2398
Blade6119
Coordinator

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Oh, I agree it is certainly a possibility. It is just my opinion, but it would take a pretty ballsy player to take that chance and risk it.

When you think about it from a Thing point of view, they risk a significant loss anytime they do not successfully convert, since they would not gain in number and they could possibly lose two people to testing in any given day.

Once again, I have no insider knowledge or insight, just trying to think logically on how they might operate to give themselves the best and safest chance to win.
Ok, if you want to assume hoops is good or went past two nights, that means you assume hoops was good night 3/4..then that means the things converted the seer on night 3, the day he revealed...i think we have proven they have balls. Question is whose balls are they.
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #2399
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
The only good thing is that we have a better chance of hitting a Thing today than we did yesterday...and the day before that...and the day before that...
If we keep cycling through untesteds eventually we will hit a thing...likely 2-3...and we have our 2 biggest untesteds on display today...after him are people like cronin and tangle, but today is key
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #2400
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote totals as of Post #2397:

Hoopsguy - Blade (2324), Cronin (2327), Raiders (2335), path (2342), King (2393)

Barkeep - mckerney (2332), Jeeber (2338), Anxiety (2344), Swaggs (2350)

King - Hoopsguy (2360)

Not Voted: Barkeep, WVUFAN, Tanglewood