Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #2351
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Is it something you have used this game?
No. It's a one-time use.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #2352
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Packer, sorry to see you go, can't say I thought you'd be the one to go down. Ok, from my list that I gave earlier, my two least trusted players right now are Path12 and Celeval. One of those two will be getting my vote. I'm going to wait to vote though until later to see if any new evidence arises.

Let me guess RA, you spoke with Packer the night before Saldana?
Nope.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #2353
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Fair enough.

People who know the show may have figured this out already based on a handful of hints I've dropped, but I am Ana Lucia Cortez. I am not a simple survivor, and do have a role. However, according to AE - it's a role not used in previous WW games, and given the function of it, I'm not going to come right out and say it; people who follow the show may be able to figure out part of it.

Raiders, if you haven't talked to anyone yet today and want to open communications, I'll be glad to tell you.

I'm not sure I'm buying it. This is pretty convenient considering you are on everybody's radar.....
Old 02-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #2354
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
It seemed like the day lasted 72 hours. Arguments were made for nearly half the camp to be one of the Others. Tempers and fights flared up. Questions of who, if anyone, was guarding Mr. Wednesday's jail cell.

As the sun began to set, it was clear someone had to be placed in the cell for the good of the camp. A show of hands led to a tie between McKerney and Desnudo. Recount after recount, the results were still the same.

Finally, it is decided to have both go to the cell, when a gunshot rings out. McKerney crumples to the ground, bleeding from a chest wound. Desnudo and the rest of the survivors drop to the ground looking for the shooter. Finally, some of the survivors turn to see Desmond with the smoking gun. Desmond opens his hand and drops the pistol, and then falls to his knees in the sand.

The survivors split quickly, some to attend to McKerney, others to grab Desmond and Desnudo. Some stand just watching, and others just run off.

McKerney in near death, and it's apparent he'll die soon. He keeps trying to direct someone to do things to save his life, but McKerney is losing too much blood. Finally, McKerney has a small bottle of Jack Daniels taken from his pocket and downs it to try to relieve the pain. He dies just moments later.

In light of the circumstances, Desnudo is never taken to the cell. The gun is confiscated. Desmond just sits in the sand watching McKerney.

Day 2 has ended. Day 2 night actions are due by 3pm CST, but are encouraged to be entered ASAP, so we can maintain a 9 or 10 pm CST deadline for Day 3 actions.
Post #1268.

Okay, Desmond, time to fess up. What role did you get? How did you get a gun.

VOTE DESMOND

You also killed Jack, the doctor. (Not that he isn't the most annoying person on the show, but still....)
Old 02-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #2355
Raiders Army
Coordinator

PM sent to Celeval.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #2356
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, while he was in the thread about 5 minutes ago. Took me a while to look up post #1268.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #2357
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Did Desmond ever give us an explanation on that writeup? If not I don't know how he managed to keep it from us.....
Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #2358
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm buying it. This is pretty convenient considering you are on everybody's radar.....
Quote:
I do see a common thread in some things, and understand that, but it doesn't match up with what I got in my PM. There's even some different terminology.
I was worried about this one, since on review it basically stated I was a special straight out.

Quote:
But after this, you follow my lead, got it? You do what I tell you. When I say, "move" you move. When I say "stop" you stop. When I say "jump", what do you say?
(Sawyer's actual answer: "You first.")

Quote:
That's the thing about you people. You think you're "safe".
There's another post I made early on about there likely being two camps of survivors - brought that up because, simply put, Ana Lucia is from camp 2.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #2359
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Did Desmond ever give us an explanation on that writeup? If not I don't know how he managed to keep it from us.....
I assumed he was the Duke. I forgot about it until today...

But now that I've brought it up, I'd like to hear his explanation of what happened.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #2360
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Post #1268.

Okay, Desmond, time to fess up. What role did you get? How did you get a gun.

VOTE DESMOND

You also killed Jack, the doctor. (Not that he isn't the most annoying person on the show, but still....)

I could get in on this and want to hear something from Desmond.

But a question to the more experienced players, how are tiebreakers and their characters usually done? Like, what if the tiebreaker character gets killed and then there is a a tie?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #2361
Raiders Army
Coordinator

From what I can tell, Celeval's role sounds reasonable enough. I'm more concerned with Desmond right now, and if he can explain his actions, then I will put attention on others.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:23 PM   #2362
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
#796, #2031, #2329
Obviously this isn't proof, but just bringing up that it's not something I randomly pulled togehter just now. I've been Ana Lucia the whole time.

Actually, AE gave me the option of using a different (non-female) name. I'll pass along that name after the game ends.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:43 PM   #2363
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well Celeval, your explanation sounds reasonable enough. I guess at this point my two main suspects are path12 and Desmond. I'd really like to hear what Desmond has to say.....
Old 02-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #2364
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well Celeval, your explanation sounds reasonable enough. I guess at this point my two main suspects are path12 and Desmond. I'd really like to hear what Desmond has to say.....

I'm really curious. What exactly have I done to arouse suspicion? I understand the whole issue of having roles/trust of a certain amount of people and some just being left over, but I'd like to see a vote or argument that I've made that warrants me being under the glass.....

I'll also point out that I raised the suspicion of Desmond even before last night's results to no avail earlier today, in addition to my previously making a case against Saldana. This is where this game gets really frustrating......
Old 02-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #2365
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Pretty freakin' quiet. I wish there were more discussion, but oh well. I think you guys are making a mistake going for Path...then again, Desmond hasn't been on since early, early this morning.

Post #2336: Celeval votes Path (1)
Post #2337: Path votes Desmond (1)
Post #2344: KWhit votes Path (2)
Post #2346: Path votes Celeval (unvotes Desmond) (1)
Post #2354: RA votes Desmond (1)

Current count:

Path (2): Celeval, KWhit
Celeval (1): Path
Desmond (1): RA
Old 02-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #2366
path12
Coordinator

Back to where I started:

UNVOTE CELEVAL
VOTE DESMOND
Old 02-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #2367
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Back to where I started:

UNVOTE CELEVAL
VOTE DESMOND
I'll go with you on this one, actually.

Unvote Path
Vote Desmond
Old 02-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #2368
path12
Coordinator

Do we have a deadline time tonight? I'm out of here in a few minutes and probably won't be back on the computer until at least 8 or so Pacific......
Old 02-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #2369
Desmond
Banned

I dont know what to say guys? I was asked to break a tie and told ae who i wanted to vote for, i had no knowledge of a gun. Im not a bad guy. I really dont know how else to defend myself but I dont like this bandwagon trying to get my ability out of the game.

Vote Path12
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #2370
Swaggs
Coordinator

I feel better about Desmond and Path than I do Celeval.

Vote Celeval
Old 02-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #2371
Desmond
Banned

i dont have a read on celeval but ive got try and save myself and try and start a bandwagon.

Unvote Path
Vote Celeval
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #2372
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond
I really dont know how else to defend myself but I dont like this bandwagon trying to get my ability out of the game.
What ability is that?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #2373
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Do we have a deadline time tonight? I'm out of here in a few minutes and probably won't be back on the computer until at least 8 or so Pacific......
I would guess deadline would be 9pm CST, but it's not posted in the thead title.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #2374
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
i had no knowledge of a gun.
This, I believe... I think the gun was just flavor.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #2375
KWhit
Coordinator

I would be very surprised if an Other was the tie-breaker, so I think desmond is okay. Celeval seems believable at this point. So, I think we need to go after Path.

Last edited by KWhit : 02-20-2006 at 07:30 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #2376
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I would guess deadline would be 9pm CST, but it's not posted in the thead title.
My bad.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #2377
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I dont know what to say guys? I was asked to break a tie and told ae who i wanted to vote for, i had no knowledge of a gun. Im not a bad guy. I really dont know how else to defend myself but I dont like this bandwagon trying to get my ability out of the game.

Vote Path12
Like Celeval, what ability is that?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #2378
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I would be very surprised if an Other was the tie-breaker, so I think desmond is okay. Celeval seems believable at this point. So, I think we need to go after Path.
Not sure what you edited, but what are you talking about Other is a tie-breaker? When did he break a tie?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #2379
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Post #2336: Celeval votes Path (1)
Post #2337: Path votes Desmond (1)
Post #2344: KWhit votes Path (2)
Post #2346: Path votes Celeval (unvotes Desmond) (1)
Post #2354: RA votes Desmond (1)
Post #2366: Path votes Desmond (unvotes Celeval) (2)
Post #2367: Celeval votes Desmond (unvotes Path) (3)
Post #2369: Desmond votes Path (2)
Post #2370: Swaggs votes Celeval (1)
Post #2371: Desmond votes Celeval (unvotes Path) (2)

Current count:

Path (1): KWhit
Celeval (2): Swaggs, Desmond
Desmond (3): RA, Path, Celeval
Old 02-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #2380
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Here's the deal, Des. I've got a one-time ability that I can use, it's public, and I really don't want to have to. But at this point, I feel I have to in order to clear myself. I'm giving you until 9:05 EST (8:05 CST) to give me a real good argument that you're not an Other. If that means role revealing with some sort of proof of ability, then that's what it means.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #2381
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Votes still out there: spleen, bearcat, penny
Old 02-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #2382
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not sure what you edited, but what are you talking about Other is a tie-breaker? When did he break a tie?
Desmond broke the tie vote earlier - mckerney and hoopsguy? I forget who.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #2383
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Today's votes:

(523) Blade votes pennywise (1)
(576) spleen votes blade (1)
(595) mckerney votes pennywise (2)
(701) hoopsguy votes pennywise (3)
(720) raiders votes spleen (1)
(728) spleen UNVOTES Blade (0)
(728) spleen votes raiders (1)
(730) Alan votes mckerney (1)
(775) Celeval votes kwhit (1)
(788) Saldana votes Celeval (1)
(858) hoops UNVOTES Pennywise (2)
(946) blade UNVOTES pennywise (1)
(946) blade votes Alan T (1)
(951) sndvls votes Alan T (2)
(990) king votes Raiders (2)
(1011) hoops votes Alan T (3)
(1018) kwhit votes Desmond (1)
(1049) schmidty votes Desnudo (1)
(1050) Raiders UNVOTES Spleen (0)
(1054) Pennywise Votes Desnudo (2)
(1074) Raiders votes Mckerney (2)
(1077) Sndvls UNVOTES Alan T (2)
(1092) mckerney UNVOTES pennywise (0)
(1092) mckerney votes Desnudo (3)
(1100) Desmond votes Mckerney (3)
(1126) Celeval UNVOTES Kwhit (0)
(1135) Swaggs votes Alan T (3)
(1138) Sndvls votes Desnudo (4)
(1153) saldana UNVOTES Celeval (0)
(1153) Saldana votes Raiders Army (3)
(1166) celeval votes Desnudo (5)
(1171) Bearcat votes Blade (1)
(1179) Desnudo votes mckerney (4)
(1182) Saldana UNVOTES Raiders Army (2)
(1182) Saldana votes mckerney (5)
(1183) Kwhit UNVOTES Desmond (0)
(1183) Kwhit votes Raiders Army (3)
From AlanT's votes on Day 2. What the hell? I don't get how we all glossed over the fact that Desmond was not a tie-breaker. Celeval voted for Desnudo and saldana voted for mckerney to tie it at 5 votes apiece and Desmond had the third vote on mckerney. Huh????

Here is also the thing: saldana was an other. He voted for mckerney to tie it up and Celeval voted for Desnudo. How do you guys think that Celeval is an other???
Old 02-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #2384
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And now that I think about it, Swaggs may be an other as well. You should know that I'm the only survivor you can count on for sure. Swaggs could be an other, but when viewed by the seer, appears to be a survivor. If Desmond dies tonight and there's an other left, I'm betting that it's Swaggs.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #2385
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I edited my post just to make it more clear (because before the edit it made totally no sense whatsoever), but it's what Celeval said. Desmond broke a tie earlier, which means that he was the tiebreaker (at least that's what I take it to mean). If that is the case, I'd be surprised if AE would have the tie-breaker role be an Other.

But now that I'm typing this out, I realize that maybe AE just picked someone totally at random in which case Desmond could be anything.

But still... Because he was the tiebreaker, I think it makes the odds less for him to be an Other than for Path to be one.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #2386
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
It seemed like the day lasted 72 hours. Arguments were made for nearly half the camp to be one of the Others. Tempers and fights flared up. Questions of who, if anyone, was guarding Mr. Wednesday's jail cell.

As the sun began to set, it was clear someone had to be placed in the cell for the good of the camp. A show of hands led to a tie between McKerney and Desnudo. Recount after recount, the results were still the same.

Finally, it is decided to have both go to the cell, when a gunshot rings out. McKerney crumples to the ground, bleeding from a chest wound. Desnudo and the rest of the survivors drop to the ground looking for the shooter. Finally, some of the survivors turn to see Desmond with the smoking gun. Desmond opens his hand and drops the pistol, and then falls to his knees in the sand.

The survivors split quickly, some to attend to McKerney, others to grab Desmond and Desnudo. Some stand just watching, and others just run off.

McKerney in near death, and it's apparent he'll die soon. He keeps trying to direct someone to do things to save his life, but McKerney is losing too much blood. Finally, McKerney has a small bottle of Jack Daniels taken from his pocket and downs it to try to relieve the pain. He dies just moments later.

In light of the circumstances, Desnudo is never taken to the cell. The gun is confiscated. Desmond just sits in the sand watching McKerney.

Day 2 has ended. Day 2 night actions are due by 3pm CST, but are encouraged to be entered ASAP, so we can maintain a 9 or 10 pm CST deadline for Day 3 actions.
Here's the one we were talking about as the tiebreaker.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #2387
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
And now that I think about it, Swaggs may be an other as well. You should know that I'm the only survivor you can count on for sure. Swaggs could be an other, but when viewed by the seer, appears to be a survivor. If Desmond dies tonight and there's an other left, I'm betting that it's Swaggs.
Was Schmidty/Locke the Seer? He was the guy vouching for Swaggs.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #2388
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I edited my post just to make it more clear (because before the edit it made totally no sense whatsoever), but it's what Celeval said. Desmond broke a tie earlier, which means that he was the tiebreaker (at least that's what I take it to mean). If that is the case, I'd be surprised if AE would have the tie-breaker role be an Other.

But now that I'm typing this out, I realize that maybe AE just picked someone totally at random in which case Desmond could be anything.

But still... Because he was the tiebreaker, I think it makes the odds less for him to be an Other than for Path to be one.
Okay...that's what Desmond is saying or that's what AE said? Big difference there. I don't think he was a tie-breaker at all.

Even if he was the tie-breaker, he never said why he killed mckerney, the doctor.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #2389
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
From AlanT's votes on Day 2. What the hell? I don't get how we all glossed over the fact that Desmond was not a tie-breaker.

He was the tiebreaker. He didn't make the tie-breaking vote, but he literally broke the tie by shooting and killing mckerney.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #2390
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Look at my votes. Blade, Alan T, SnDvls (would have again been Alan T, if SnDvls hadn't outted himself), Saldana, and Saldana. If I am one of the others, they would have kicked me off the team by now.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #2391
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, but with all of the different roles out there, I'm betting one of the others is protected from the seer and will show up as being a survivor, so you can't entirely trust what the seer said.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #2392
Swaggs
Coordinator

Has path voted each time since he joined the game?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #2393
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Look at my votes. Blade, Alan T, SnDvls (would have again been Alan T, if SnDvls hadn't outted himself), Saldana, and Saldana. If I am one of the others, they would have kicked me off the team by now.
:-D
Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #2394
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point. I retract my previous statement.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #2395
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If someone gives me an overwhelming argument for path, then I'm game to switch my vote. I've laid out the case for Desmond.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #2396
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm open to changing my vote, but I am waiting until 9:05 to see what happens.

I think if we lynch correctly, we win today. So if someone has anything they are waiting to unveil, I say lay it on the line.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #2397
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
If someone gives me an overwhelming argument for path, then I'm game to switch my vote. I've laid out the case for Desmond.

Is your case for him the fact that he had a choice of who to kill between Desnudo (Other) and Mckerney (Doctor) and he chose to kill Mckerney? And the fact that he hasn't really explained it to your liking?

Or is there more to it that I missed while trying to quickly catch up?

I'm not saying you're wrong or that it's not enough, I'm just making sure I've got your argument right.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #2398
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm really curious. What exactly have I done to arouse suspicion? I understand the whole issue of having roles/trust of a certain amount of people and some just being left over, but I'd like to see a vote or argument that I've made that warrants me being under the glass.....

I'll also point out that I raised the suspicion of Desmond even before last night's results to no avail earlier today, in addition to my previously making a case against Saldana. This is where this game gets really frustrating......

I repeat, what exactly have I done to arouse suspicion?

Swaggs, yes, I've voted every time since I've joined the game. Sun, Saldana and Bearcat (though if you remember I was in a big hurry with Raiders when he revealed and initially switched to Saldana. Then Raiders thought that Swaggs had the vote and voted that way, I didn't have time to sort it out and switched back to Bearcat).

By the way, why exactly is Bearcat getting a free pass today also?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #2399
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought Schmidty was found with a bunch of knives? How does that make him the seer? He was definitely positive about Swaggs being good though (though his votes also make him so in my mind).
Old 02-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #2400
Swaggs
Coordinator

I guess Bearcat is a viable option, as well. The only thing he has going for him is that he clubbed one of the others to death.

He has never really validated that he was Michael to me, though.