Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #2351
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(ooc) That's an interesting aspect of the power that I had not even considered. I figured based on the role description that I was verifying the truthfulness of something that another character stated.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #2352
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If any one of the group claiming Absolute Trust has been scanned by Vince, that's good enough for me. So Bek and KWhit join pennywise on the clear list. Right now, it seems almost like everyone that's been acting the most suspicious has been cleared.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #2353
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, do we have a definitive check on Vince post-RA?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #2354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wednesday, just to catch you up on some of the conversation today, what I have pushed for is that you scan one of three people tonight: me, Real, or KWhit. It sounds like you are not inclined to scan KWhit based on your above post so I would suggest one of the other two.

I would hope that Vince then follows by scanning the other two in that list that you do not so we can push ahead hard with all of our critical roles (command, medial, water) absolutely cleared. I think this plan makes a lot of sense as long as the spawn do not have big-time numbers. Passacaglia posted earlier that he used empathic to verify that there is more than one spawn remaining.

Pass, can you go back to your PMs and verify what day you put in your requests for empathy? I think this is a critical piece that has not been nailed down yet - your originnal response suggested it was a couple of days ago. The date is important for both, but particularly for Vince since you did say that your spawn question was asked after Dubb was lynched (no new spawn found/killed since then). Thanks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:19 PM   #2355
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Double dola, do we have a definitive check on Vince post-RA?

Negative
Old 09-13-2005, 05:23 PM   #2356
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I dunno... I'm leaning strongly toward Vince being clean, mainly for meta-type reasons: The "attempt to bring RA out of a coma" bit seems to be real, and would barkeep offer it if Vince were really spawn and unable to do anything really doctor-ish at all? Then again... the win from me clearing Vince is that I'm not sure anyone else can do it at this point. (Which would also mean you couldn't fully trust my statement, since Pass has indicated there are two spawn out there...)

Old 09-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #2357
hoopsguy
General Manager

Depends on the date of when Pass used his empath. If that is not helpful on Vince (too early), then I'm already on the record multiple times asking Penny to make that his scan on Thursday.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #2358
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Which relies on Penny becoming the nurse when RA dies.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #2359
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, 100% correct on Penny.

Are you thinking about banking the scan? From a selfish perspective I would hope you use it tonight as it makes water decisions easier for me. Plus you have reminded the spawn that you have an ability that could be detrimental to them, which makes you another resource that would need to be guarded tonight.

Were you in the brig list for tonight? I know that Blade put that in early today.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:36 PM   #2360
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I am not on the brig list.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:36 PM   #2361
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I checked out Vince well before RD cleared him.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #2362
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If I scan Vince, even if you don't trust me right away, I'll be proven trustworthy when I die of dehydration. If Penny becomes the nurse, it would free up an additional scan that wouldn't have to be used on Vince, and you would have confidence that Vince was OK.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #2363
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Since I volunteered in the last post on page 64, I do not have a definitive statement from Vince that I can use. I will either need something older, or I will need to make the statement myself and check it (which seems awfully gamey to me, but if barkeep is OK with it...)

Old 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #2364
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Since I volunteered in the last post on page 64, I do not have a definitive statement from Vince that I can use. I will either need something older, or I will need to make the statement myself and check it (which seems awfully gamey to me, but if barkeep is OK with it...)

what if someone else made the statement about Vince?

What if I said Vince was spawn?

could you check that statement to be true or not?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #2365
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
what if someone else made the statement about Vince?

What if I said Vince was spawn?

could you check that statement to be true or not?

interesting concept...that is basically making another medical scan
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #2366
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm sure that if I can check you saying it, I can check me saying it. And if barkeep OKs it, I'll do it. As a point of meta-discussion, I don't think being able to use the ability that way is appropriate. For a statement made by another person, I should be able to check their understanding of its truthfulness, and no more than that.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #2367
saldana
Pro Starter

fwiw, this game is almost impossible to keep track of if you work all day..it took me half an hour to catch up to this point, and courtesy of our former captain, we are at the same spot we were yesterday

vote raiders army
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #2368
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm going to be leaving in less than 45 minutes, and my access after that time is uncertain. I think that voting for Raiders Army is a bad idea (we have a 0% chance of taking out an active spawn with this vote), but I think it looks like fait accompli so I'll go along with it.

Vote Raiders Army

Old 09-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #2369
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If we can possibly line up a vote for someone nonessential besides RA, I would strongly encourage it. There is a nonzero chance of getting an active spawn that way, whereas there is a zero chance of getting an active spawn this way.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #2370
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
sorry man...multi tasking work/this game you hit a wrong key sometimes.

Hell look at how often my name is wrong in this thread and you don't see me screaming

get over it, it's a typo/accident/error/failure to hit the correct key.

sorry man.....now go correct my name in this thread too!
But I have vowels in my name.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:01 PM   #2371
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pretty weenie, but in Post #1894 Vince says "If I'm spawn" and then puts out an argument. I suppose you could take "I'm spawn" from there to check. I'm not sure if this is more or less BS than the empath saying their own statement and checking it.

Beyond that, I was not able to find a strong denial from Vince even when I brought some heat in his direction.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #2372
Passacaglia
Coordinator

hoops, I'm spawn isn't a whole sentence. I asked Barkeep if we could use our own statements, and he okayed that. But, going by the rules, that's not a sentence.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #2373
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

This statement is made for empath abilities only.

Vince is not spawn.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:32 PM   #2374
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd just like to make the suggestion... since I may not get the chance to pass on information, should I be attacked, and since it's helpful for the spawn to have Vince's status up in the air, I may be worth protecting tonight. I'd suggest holding off on doing it for as long as possible, though, so that I'll have the opportunity to go public (if I can get online...)

Old 09-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #2375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Have you sent the PM to Barkeep at this point?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #2376
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #2377
Barkeep49
Coordinator

LIke clockwork, SnDvls posts a list of people who recieve phasers tonight and they are Sndvls, hoops, blade, schmidty, pass, fouts.

I have sent the results to Mr. Wednesday. Also phasers may only be used offensively by a vigilante.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-13-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #2378
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pretty quiet here tonight.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #2379
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You all gather around the hospital bed. With very little fanfare you disconnect the tubes keeping Raiders Army alive. When he doesn't die right away someone takes his pillow and smuthers him. That does the trick. While his death might have been pretty clean, what comes next is not, as you tear apart the body looking for any sign that he might be a Spawn. However, you find no remaining indication of him being a Spawn and conclude that in the end he was a SURVIVOR

Tally
Raiders (10) - Bek, hoopsguy, Lathum, Mr.Wednesday, Passacaglia, pennywisesb, Raiders Army, Saldana, Schmidty, sndlvs, Vince

Night actions due to me by 9 AM.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 09-13-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #2380
Vince
Pro Starter

Just checking in from my uncle's office (where I'm not supposed to be on the computer ). Lots to say, but right now no time.

I will put this out there.

I am not spawn.

Hopefully that will make Mr. Wednesday's decision easier -- I think we have many more encouraging targets than myself...hoopsguy needs to be cleared instantly, because he is in charge of water right away, while KWhit and RealDeal, whom I'm not very worried about, are also in a position where it would help if we knew they were spawn immediately. I have been scanning people since the suspected infection, and I will continue to do so tomorrow. I'll even put myself in someone else's care tomorrow -- pick a 100% clear person, and I'll scan who THEY want me to. If you really are worried about me, clear the more important people now, and then work on me Thursday with pennywisesb.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #2381
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
You all gather around the hospital bed. With very little fanfare you disconnect the tubes keeping Raiders Army alive. When he doesn't die right away someone takes his pillow and smuthers him. That does the trick. While his death might have been pretty clean, what comes next is not, as you tear apart the body looking for any sign that he might be a Spawn. However, you find no remaining indication of him being a Spawn and conclude that in the end he was a SURVIVOR

Tally
Raiders (10) - Bek, Blade6119, Fouts, hoopsguy, KWhit, Lathum, Mr.Wednesday, MrBug708, Passacaglia, pennywisesb, Raiders Army, RealDeal, Saldana, Schmidty, sndlvs, Vince

Night actions due to me by 9 AM.

i dont believe i voted Raiders army...im pretty sure i abstained and chose to not vote
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #2382
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, initial thoughts on the list for nine tonight.

My major driver here is to ensure that as many surivors as possible have the option to get water on Wednesday night if something should happen to me between now and then. That is my biggest driver, not protecting primary roles if they are not 100% proven. All things being equal, public role is the secondary decision point. The final decision is if there is still a chance to use a private role that is useful.

Highest Trust
Saldana - showed public role of duplicant yesterday
Pennywise - combination of Absolute trust and cleared by Vince, potential nurse

Working off the idea that these two are for sure clean, here are the next set
KWhit and Bek - if Pennywise is telling truth then Absolute Trust holds up
MrBug - cleared by Saldana

From here on out, the evidence is a little more circumstantial
RealDeal - cleared by his use of duplicant roll, officer insurance if KWhit is killed
Passacaglia - cleared by RealDeal, should trust him if I'm accepting RealDeal
Blade - will try to keep the brig available to secure resources
SnDvls - came down to him or Fouts, wanted someone with security role and he both allocates phasers and can protect

Out for today
Mr. Wednesday - already have three engineers in the water group, will have no further secret role to use, not absolutely cleared
Vince - not absolutely cleared. Wish he was.
Lathum and Schmidty - cleared by Vince post-RA, so not absolutely cleared without secondary review
Me - I'll be allocating water to myself tomorrow, not worried about random if I'm not around to hand it out
Fouts - not enough info in any direction

I expect I'll have to rank these, so I'll be doing that as well. I'm putting these out here now to leave some time for someone to issue me an order to change the list. I would like that duly noted by the rest of the crewmates.

I also would note that if the ship water supply is protected tonight (I'll be manning my post) then I'll be able to give water tomorrow to each of the six people who did not get water tonight.

Providing the water list will count as my Day action for tomorrow, but I'm supposed to provide the list during the night cycle (see Post #1).
Old 09-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #2383
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also note that I can look at modifying this list if we get word from MrWednesday tonight.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #2384
Fouts
College Starter

Well, good thing you have engineers getting water. I'm sure they can help guard or spy for you. Oh they can't? Then what are they doing? Drinking water.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #2385
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
i dont believe i voted Raiders army...im pretty sure i abstained and chose to not vote
You're correct. For some reason it copied all of the names from my spreadsheet of votes instead of the ones I highlighted. Fixed now to not reflect everyone.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #2386
Fouts
College Starter

One thing I just thought of. If we come back thirsty tomorrow, does that clear us of being a spawn?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:59 PM   #2387
hoopsguy
General Manager

They can repair a structure (water) that is damaged. And the ones I have put on the list have been able to demonstrate some survivor cred.

Fouts, I'm denying myself water tomorrow as well in an effort to show some kind of unity for the people who aren't getting water. If we are successful in protecting our water tonight and tomorrow then we may be in a position where I never have to decide to kill someone through dehydration for the rest of the game.

15 now, we will lynch one tomorrow = 14
14 tomorrow night, I'll allocate water for six and everyone lives through water
14 Thursday morning, we will lynch one = 13
13 Thursday night, I would be able to keep 12 alive (6 and 6)

So if the spawn kill one person, or we mutiny, or anything happens to bump up the number of kills to lynchings+1 then I'll never have to kill someone through water deprivation.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #2388
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would love for that to be true, Fouts. I'll wait for Barkeep to answer and modify my list accordingly if that is the case.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #2389
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would love for everyone visiting to comment on this. This is a very important decision, particularly if I was to perish this evening.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #2390
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I would love for everyone visiting to comment on this. This is a very important decision, particularly if I was to perish this evening.

Its a toss up..while its nice to play straight up, we could have 2-3 spawn alive...at which point i bet at least one is on our trust ladder and were fighting an uphill battle...witholding water could be a useful tool to weed out spawn, but you have to be sure on who you give it too and not just because someone cleared someone...realdeal is considered clean after being cleared by mr. w who you dont trust??

Who voted for me that day??...id love to compare whos left without a secret role in the group to place the incorruptible person
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #2391
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #2028 contains the Brig list for tonight - Vince, Bek, KWhit, and Pennywise

Since the medical staff is under lock and key tonight, and we have not seen an attack in the brig over the last few days, I would encourage the security personnel to pay attention to the water supply and me tonight. Either protect or spy.

Keeping Blade and the Brig viable should also be a concern, but with water assuming an absolute role for the rest of the way this may be a luxury we don't have. But those decisions are not mine to make.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #2392
KWhit
Coordinator

I feel safe in the brig with this group. I know that myself, Bek, and Penny are clear, and I still think Vince is clear. I'd like to focus our efforts on some of the non-cleared guys tomorrow, but I understand if you want to scan your new captain.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #2393
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I will volunteer to go with out water for tomorrow
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #2394
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I did not absolutely follow the previously established trust ladder when putting together that list.

I felt like I had to put either Lathum or RealDeal on this list, although with KWhit in the brig tonight this is debatable. We know that RealDeal used his Duplicant role at one point in the game, meaning he started as a survivor. He was not on either Away Team mission. Which makes Night #2 the only time he could have been converted - and we don't know for sure that there was a spawn attack that night.

Lathum has not used his interrogation role since getting the power (public role) and has not been involved in a private role. Finally, Lathum has not been around during the day and would be less likely to contribute to hard decisions late in the game. This final factor was not a major point in the decision, but it counted for something.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #2395
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sun, as of right now just about everyone who got water today will not get water tomorrow. But thank you for volunteering.

It is not getting water on Thursday that matters for the people who get it tonight. But if we defend our water each night then this won't be a huge purge.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 PM   #2396
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Spawn may become dehydrated, however, if they are deprived of water for 2 days they will stay dehydrated and not die.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #2397
hoopsguy
General Manager

Friday night vote - post #1469
Quote:
Final Tally:
Blade (5) -- Fouts, jeff, Kwhit, mrbug, sndvls
Fouts (3) -- hoops, realdeal, saldana

Blade, we have publicly revealed roles for Jeff and KWhit. Not from the other three. Since you wanted to work on the Incorruptible angle.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #2398
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I did not absolutely follow the previously established trust ladder when putting together that list.

I felt like I had to put either Lathum or RealDeal on this list, although with KWhit in the brig tonight this is debatable. We know that RealDeal used his Duplicant role at one point in the game, meaning he started as a survivor. He was not on either Away Team mission. Which makes Night #2 the only time he could have been converted - and we don't know for sure that there was a spawn attack that night.

Lathum has not used his interrogation role since getting the power (public role) and has not been involved in a private role. Finally, Lathum has not been around during the day and would be less likely to contribute to hard decisions late in the game. This final factor was not a major point in the decision, but it counted for something.

i fully agree with that...im not debating the logic of real over lathum...i started the real bandwagon yesterday, and still think its higly suspicious..i just dont like everyone assuming hes clear because w cleared him

We dont know for sure he had a duplicate roll...he claims to, but could fake it easily...with 3 or less spawn they are all council and can talk to each other...they know all the spawn...if real was spawn he could easily say he scanned you and cleared you...people can fake duties...empaths might have never checked any comments...for all you know im not the gut feeling...just because people say stuff doesnt matter...faking duties and the aformentioned of spawn know who guilty and not makes me suspicious...they could clear 3 goods becuase they know we are and be trusted...im just paranoid of everyone since we dont seem to have a lot of hard evidence.

Im just doubting some things, like pass holding those empath reads until i called him out on it and then not really justifying the time table of when he used the powers...everyone i have felt was bad has been good soo far, so im looking at realdeal and pass, who i generally trust...we all know i dont think lathum is good, but this deep in the game i think the spawn are on a lot of peoples trust list and sitting pretty, not about to die
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #2399
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Spawn may become dehydrated, however, if they are deprived of water for 2 days they will stay dehydrated and not die.
Will suvivors become dyhydrated on day one and spawn not till day 2?
Demotivation
Old 09-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #2400
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Will suvivors become dyhydrated on day one and spawn not till day 2?
I don't quite understand this question. Spawn with no water will look the same as survivors on day one, if they so choose. On the second consecutive day of no water survivors will be dead while Spawn will not.