Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #2351
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll come out and say I am not a brother.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #2352
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I'll come out and say I am not a brother.

Then fix it
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #2353
Fouts
College Starter

If you guys kill Lathum, I get 3 days to laugh at you. I'll have all weekend to think of which idiot to protect.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #2354
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If I pegged you wrong, by all means fix it.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #2355
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
This is crazy. Avatar only lasts for 3 days. IF Lathum has more abilities, he is not going to come out and say "yeah, I can do other stuff, necros come and kill me".

If Lathum is bad and summoned a mummy, why let the mummy live and kill somebody else?

Alan T, saldana, tyrith so far. Anxiety is creeping onto the list of suspected necros.

If Lathum has more abilities he's a bigger liar. He's either the prophecy or the head necro. Either way it's not good for us.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #2356
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If you guys kill Lathum, I get 3 days to laugh at you. I'll have all weekend to think of which idiot to protect.
Can you blame us? We'd rather have you then lathum if you guys are telling the truth.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #2357
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The prophecy is supposed to be immune to scans.......
Old 06-23-2006, 06:08 PM   #2358
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I am basicly condeming myself to be a night kill, but since I am a plain villegar the one for one kill helps us.

Barkeep's post about game balance keeps coming back to me and how can the necs survive if even our normal roles gets to summon an avatar. Sorry, just not buying it and I can see myself following saldana's lead in voting for Lathum.

Unvote Fouts
Vote Lathum
Old 06-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #2359
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Can you blame us? We'd rather have you then lathum if you guys are telling the truth.

Yes, I can blame you. Why would you suspect the guy that comes out and tries to help over the guy who sits back in hiding? Do these players have that big of an ego to say "watch me come out and make some stuff up, everyone will believe me and kill an eqyptian, then I'll be safe".

Or does it make more sense that he is on the side of the good, trying to ferret out the bad guys?

Common sense to me.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #2360
Barkeep49
Coordinator

People on fouts: Why stay on him? Hasn't the cost benefit analysis changed sufficiently as to make sense to test Lathum?

Lathum and Fouts have linked themselves to each other. If Lathum is good so is Fouts. If Fouts is bad so is Lathum. Since Lathum, if good, has no further way of helping us, and Fouts if good, does, doesn't it make sense to lynch him as if they are both bad Lynching Lathum isn't such a bad thing and then we get to lynch Fouts tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #2361
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fouts: Common sense is lacking at the moment since common sense would say that Lathum has no way of blocking dubb's scan.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #2362
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If we are right and Lathum is the head nec, voting him assures that someone gets killed tonight. We CAN NOT STOP THE MUMMY. I never thought I would say that, but for once it may be true.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #2363
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and I'm keeping a vote count if anyone wants to request it at any time.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #2364
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Yes, I can blame you. Why would you suspect the guy that comes out and tries to help over the guy who sits back in hiding? Do these players have that big of an ego to say "watch me come out and make some stuff up, everyone will believe me and kill an eqyptian, then I'll be safe".

Or does it make more sense that he is on the side of the good, trying to ferret out the bad guys?

Common sense to me.

It makes sense that he was getting pressured yesterday and tried to save his ass today any way he could, got his wires crosses up with dubb, and is trying to dig himself out of the hole any way he can.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #2365
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok here is how I would correct my entry. I also have feelings about Saldana but its not because of being a brother, its based on something I noticed earlier, but think he is good because of it. I put your name next to the entries that I are not necessarily the same thoughts that I have.

1. Barkeep49--scanned by blade?
3. Schmidty
4. path12--pharoah, public knowledge
5. Anxiety--Magically attuned?, just a feeling (dubb)
7. Dubb--soothsayer, claimed and played role
8. AlanT-- led charge against Bullet day before Blade and led charge against Lathum today (Alans note)
9. Saldana-- feel he is good for subtle reasons (alans note)
10. SnDvls--generic, confirmed by me (dubb)
11. Lathum--trying to pull something
14. Qwikshot--unknown, but never wavered in support of seer (dubb)
15. Tyrith
19. Vince--generic?
20. Chubby
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #2366
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
People on fouts: Why stay on him? Hasn't the cost benefit analysis changed sufficiently as to make sense to test Lathum?

Lathum and Fouts have linked themselves to each other. If Lathum is good so is Fouts. If Fouts is bad so is Lathum. Since Lathum, if good, has no further way of helping us, and Fouts if good, does, doesn't it make sense to lynch him as if they are both bad Lynching Lathum isn't such a bad thing and then we get to lynch Fouts tomorrow.

I said before, if he can help further, he would rather come out and say he can't do anything else to keep the necros at bay.

Also, why would the prophecy be able to summon an avatar? Why would the prophecy need to?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #2367
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
If we are right and Lathum is the head nec, voting him assures that someone gets killed tonight. We CAN NOT STOP THE MUMMY. I never thought I would say that, but for once it may be true.
That's true dubb. And I would gladly take a 2-1 here. 2 bad guys, in the form of Fouts and Lathum, for 1 good guy with the upside being that we have an an invincible bodyguard for 3 nights if Fouts is good.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #2368
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Fouts: Common sense is lacking at the moment since common sense would say that Lathum has no way of blocking dubb's scan.

so you arent buying my "the pharaoh and head nec both get a free scarab" ide?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #2369
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Again, just because it says "seer" in the roles, how do you know for a fact that my scans are infallible? There has to be some checks and balances somewhere for my role, and it isn't like my scan today come as a suprise like my scan of SNDVLS did. I mean, I haven't even been attacked or anything, they didn't worry about me. I think the necs knew they had a balance for it and were going to play it when I was playing my role.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #2370
saldana
Pro Starter

idea?

has anyone seen my edit button?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #2371
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's true dubb. And I would gladly take a 2-1 here. 2 bad guys, in the form of Fouts and Lathum, for 1 good guy with the upside being that we have an an invincible bodyguard for 3 nights if Fouts is good.

Or a possible dead EG if fouts is bad.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #2372
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
so you arent buying my "the pharaoh and head nec both get a free scarab" ide?
Actually I am. But Fouts is claiming that not to be true.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #2373
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm unwilling to move my vote today. Tomorrow I'll vote Lathum no questions asked if Fouts is bad, today my risk/reward says the risk of Fouts being a mummy is greater than any benefit he could bring as a Avatar. BLADE SCANNED BULLET ON HIS LAST DAY ALIVE. ANYONE COULD TELL THAT FROM HIS WORDS. HE DID NOT GO 3 DAYS WITHOUT SCANNING. I DO NOT BUY IT.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #2374
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

If I am the mummy, I will be killing tonight, and it will be one of you active players. It could be any of you. {dun dun DUN}

But, I am the Avatar, and Lathum has told me that Alan T is a necro.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #2375
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Or a possible dead EG if fouts is bad.
I am willing to trade any one good guy for 2 bad guys. In a game where villagers always have numbers on their side a often times a 2 villager for 1 bad guy trade is a good deal. This is the reverse.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #2376
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

you do realize i said this about 120 posts ago, dont you?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #2377
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
It makes sense that he was getting pressured yesterday and tried to save his ass today any way he could, got his wires crosses up with dubb, and is trying to dig himself out of the hole any way he can.

Well dubbs may or may not be a part of this.. for now lets focus on Lathum + Fouts. Dubbs did present a logical explanation for how he could be deceived.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #2378
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Actually I am. But Fouts is claiming that not to be true.

Where did I claim that? I said the soothsayer should believe in his abilties, otherwise he is useless.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #2379
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, I can understand voting for fouts...we just need to keep enough votes on fouts and lathum so that they can't break some sort of tie later.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #2380
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Well dubbs may or may not be a part of this.. for now lets focus on Lathum + Fouts. Dubbs did present a logical explanation for how he could be deceived.

How about we focus on why Lathum is sure you are a necro? Hmmm?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #2381
Tyrith
College Starter

My primary fear now is that if we kill Fouts and he's good our problems may not be over, because that means Lathum has to be the Prophecy and is trying to deceive us ANYWAY. And I'm not sure what weird shit powers he might have in that case. And large parts of me just want lathum to die now, as stupid as it may be.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #2382
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Because the scavenger also has the ability to summon avatars and scan players. We know this
Old 06-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #2383
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
you do realize i said this about 120 posts ago, dont you?
Yes I do. I've come around to your thinking. I don't believe I've debated you on the topic.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #2384
saldana
Pro Starter

i cant believe there are 3 more hours to the deadline....i will laugh my ass off if tangle shows up 5 minutes before 10 thinking he can catch up before the deadline
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #2385
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Sure, come up with some evidence instead of your over-aggressive bluster and we can talk about it.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #2386
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't think Lathum has ever stated as unequivicably as Fouts has that you are a necro Alan.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #2387
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My primary fear now is that if we kill Fouts and he's good our problems may not be over, because that means Lathum has to be the Prophecy and is trying to deceive us ANYWAY. And I'm not sure what weird shit powers he might have in that case. And large parts of me just want lathum to die now, as stupid as it may be.

my biggest fear is that after today they are going to get me tonight just out of spite lol.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #2388
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Explain to us how the prophecy can summon avatars?

Also, explain why we should make stupid moves, like killing a good guy?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #2389
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes I do. I've come around to your thinking. I don't believe I've debated you on the topic.

no, i just feel like people dont even read stuff i post sometimes, because it ends up being said again later like i wasnt even here....i guess i have a bit of a complex
Old 06-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #2390
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
i cant believe there are 3 more hours to the deadline....i will laugh my ass off if tangle shows up 5 minutes before 10 thinking he can catch up before the deadline

lol
Old 06-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #2391
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
my biggest fear is that after today they are going to get me tonight just out of spite lol.

Who are they? Let me tell you, if either myself or Lathum are lynched, you will go next.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #2392
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Where did I claim that? I said the soothsayer should believe in his abilties, otherwise he is useless.

I do, and I was told Lathum was telling the truth when he said he was an egyptian WITH NO ROLE. Now he claims a role and that he raised you to boot. They are content with killing your master, so kill me tonight, it will only clear SNDVLS even more.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #2393
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Explain to us how the prophecy can summon avatars?

Also, explain why we should make stupid moves, like killing a good guy?

Because the prophecy is the only only _ONLY_ hidden role in the game. THERE ARE NO OTHER ROLES THAT WE DO NOT KNOW ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT. Lathum has to be the prophecy or be a totally lying bastard. Possibly both.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #2394
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
no, i just feel like people dont even read stuff i post sometimes, because it ends up being said again later like i wasnt even here....i guess i have a bit of a complex
I've had a thought what if:

1. path had a blessed scarab at the start of the game, used it night 2, unknown if it protected his room or not.

2. the head necro had a cursed scarab at the start of the game, used it night 4, and it clouded Dubb's view of him today

3. the enchanter made a scarab and gave it to barkeep on night 3., we dont know where it is now.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #2395
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I said before, if he can help further, he would rather come out and say he can't do anything else to keep the necros at bay.

Why, I thought you were going to keep Necs at bay all by yourself?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #2396
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Here is concrete proof we need to axe the mummy today. Blade must go 3 days with no scan to raise an avatar. In doing so that means he had not scanned at all. Already he claimed to not scan Lathum, but Lathum claims he was scanned on night 1. If this was true, we have no avatar today.

So Lathum is lieing about something. Add to that the fact Blade scanned Bullet on night 3, and it becomes obvious our biggest threat is the mummy, Lathum can't get a 100% kill tonight.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #2397
Blade6119
Coordinator

so cronin, how are you today?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #2398
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

BTW. vote count please.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #2399
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Here is concrete proof we need to axe the mummy today. Blade must go 3 days with no scan to raise an avatar. In doing so that means he had not scanned at all. Already he claimed to not scan Lathum, but Lathum claims he was scanned on night 1. If this was true, we have no avatar today.

So Lathum is lieing about something. Add to that the fact Blade scanned Bullet on night 3, and it becomes obvious our biggest threat is the mummy, Lathum can't get a 100% kill tonight.
Dubb: Blade could have done 1 scan in the scenario that Lathum is presenting, on n1, and then Lathum, on n4, finishes the work which then causes Fouts to appear today. It all works out timeline wise.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #2400
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As of 2399

Fouts - Qwikshot (1887), SnDvls (1893), Chubby (1928), Schmidty (1937), Dubb (2213)

Alan T - Lathum (1912), Fouts (2247)

Dubb - Vince (2244)

Lathum - Saldana (2267), Tyrith (2297), Anxiety(2343), Barkeep (2345), king (2358)

Not voted - Path, , Alan T, Tanglewood