Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2022, 06:03 PM   #23901
Edward64
Head Coach

Sorry to hear.

Hang in there as you both work through the divorce.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 06:31 PM   #23902
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there Tarcone.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:07 PM   #23903
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Didnt want to start a thread.

Im getting a divorce. We just cant do it anymore. We fo not like each other and have been going through the motions the past 10 years, I would imagine.

It hurts and I dont hate her. I was looking forward to spending the future with her, but the bad finally outweighed the good. It has taken me a couple weeks to process, some high anxiety and fear and dread and the feeling of loss. I feel much better now and am ready to move to the next chapter. I will miss her, but it is what it is.

I look forward to the tarcone dating thread.

But in all honestly it looks like you're ready to move forward. But it is always hard to deal with change. I can't even imagine what it is like to have a spouse for x number of years and then to one day wake up and suddenly deal without.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:22 PM   #23904
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Im getting a divorce. We just cant do it anymore. We fo not like each other and have been going through the motions the past 10 years, I would imagine.

It hurts and I dont hate her. I was looking forward to spending the future with her, but the bad finally outweighed the good. It has taken me a couple weeks to process, some high anxiety and fear and dread and the feeling of loss. I feel much better now and am ready to move to the next chapter. I will miss her, but it is what it is.

So sorry to hear...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 09:32 PM   #23905
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm sorry, tarcone. I don't know what to say but it sounds like you're processing it and going ahead

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 09:34 PM   #23906
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

*huuuuuuuugggggggggggggggssssssss*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 09:44 PM   #23907
rjolley
College Starter

Very sorry to hear that, tarcone.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:07 PM   #23908
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Moist
Old 10-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #23909
tarcone
Coordinator

Thanks. I needed this. Havebt really told anyone as it is fresh. We are probably more open with our needs and wants as we work through this than ever before. Go figure.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:49 PM   #23910
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:49 PM   #23911
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That Medicare Advantage company is upping its game. From Joe Namath and JJ Walker to William Devane and William Shatner. Power move!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #23912
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

She was a question on Jeopardy last night. I laughed. I guess Jeopardy is running a bit quicker than a 2 month lead time from filming to air.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-25-2022, 02:50 PM   #23913
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I noticed that and got a kick out of it.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #23914
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
girls call me Liz Truss from the way I give them a weak pound then immediately leave
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:21 PM   #23915
bob
College Starter

There is a very good chance that I snap before the day is done.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:33 PM   #23916
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
"Please place the item..."

YOU FUCKER I DID THAT SHUT YOUR G_DAMNED TRAP

lmao
Old 10-25-2022, 07:41 PM   #23917
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
There is a very good chance that I snap before the day is done.

Any particular reason or just...? /gestures wildly at our crazy world/

SI

Old 10-26-2022, 06:05 AM   #23918
bob
College Starter

The last few years have been sorta rough for me. I've several times written and deleted posted in the mental health thread as I've felt bad complaining about things given what others have been going through (illness, family deaths, divorce, etc), but I've still had a bad run between family and job stuff.

The one thing keeping me going was that over the last several years I've finally squirreled away enough money to take my family on a trip overseas. It was all set to be a Christmas surprise. I booked it back in May.

Well, yesterday I logged into the airline site to see if I needed to enter my kids' passport numbers now that they have arrived, and I see that the return flight was cancelled. We were never notified. I call the airline and they basically say 1) tough shit, and 2) my options are cancel the entire thing or come back 4 days later than original scheduled. Coming back 4 days later is not an option given my kids school schedule. After hours on the phone, I was left without any resolution.

I always check my spam email so I know we were never notified. Really angers me because if they had notified me, maybe other options would have been available then that are filled up now.
Old 10-26-2022, 07:10 AM   #23919
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's really crappy and frustrating

SI

Old 10-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #23920
Kodos
Resident Alien

That sucks. So frustrating. No wonder you were upset.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:32 AM   #23921
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
The last few years have been sorta rough for me. I've several times written and deleted posted in the mental health thread as I've felt bad complaining about things given what others have been going through (illness, family deaths, divorce, etc), but I've still had a bad run between family and job stuff.

The one thing keeping me going was that over the last several years I've finally squirreled away enough money to take my family on a trip overseas. It was all set to be a Christmas surprise. I booked it back in May.

Well, yesterday I logged into the airline site to see if I needed to enter my kids' passport numbers now that they have arrived, and I see that the return flight was cancelled. We were never notified. I call the airline and they basically say 1) tough shit, and 2) my options are cancel the entire thing or come back 4 days later than original scheduled. Coming back 4 days later is not an option given my kids school schedule. After hours on the phone, I was left without any resolution.

I always check my spam email so I know we were never notified. Really angers me because if they had notified me, maybe other options would have been available then that are filled up now.

Some possibilities ...

1) You said you called the airline? Trying doing the online Help/Customer Service. At the very least, I'd want to document everything including the poor customer service so far. You may get a more sympathetic response if you've laid it all out clearly (and with documentation)
2) Start checking on other flight possibilities. If not already, research using Google Flights. As I mentioned elsewhere, I've experienced same airline changes fees quite a bit, and sometimes other airlines just pop up with a lower price (it's weird)
3) Check if one-way return ticket back to US is doable. Then check if airline is willing to refund you difference

Is this a major US airline or a major foreign airline?
Old 10-26-2022, 10:05 AM   #23922
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Some possibilities ...

1) You said you called the airline? Trying doing the online Help/Customer Service. At the very least, I'd want to document everything including the poor customer service so far. You may get a more sympathetic response if you've laid it all out clearly (and with documentation)
2) Start checking on other flight possibilities. If not already, research using Google Flights. As I mentioned elsewhere, I've experienced same airline changes fees quite a bit, and sometimes other airlines just pop up with a lower price (it's weird)
3) Check if one-way return ticket back to US is doable. Then check if airline is willing to refund you difference

Is this a major US airline or a major foreign airline?

Yes, spent hours on the phone with various customer service people.

Icelandair, so pretty limited options here.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:40 AM   #23923
Ksyrup

I don't have any experience flying overseas, but I fly Delta almost exclusively and typically book vacation flights as soon as they open (about 11 months in advance), so I'm used to getting those types of emails. Usually, they are "important notice about a change in your flights" and then I see that one of the flights has been bumped up 2 minutes or something inconsequential like that. Sometimes, it's more substantive - maybe a layover is now gonig to be 3-4 hours instead of 90 minutes (as happened with our flights to Hawaii). But I've always received notification immediately, and they always allow you to book an alternate flight (might have to pay the difference, but it's still an option).

That sucks. Airlines need to do better and care more, in general.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:04 PM   #23924
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I chose the wrong week to go on a diet:

Alcoholic version of Mountain Dew is coming to Ohio
Old 10-26-2022, 02:19 PM   #23925
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Luckily I live on the Ohio border.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:24 PM   #23926
bob
College Starter

After talking to my 6th representative, I was finally able to get a return flight scheduled, although I now have to stay overnight in Boston a night and arrive home a day later. Better than nothing I suppose. They told me to hang on to all receipts and file a claim afterwards, but I'm not expecting much.

At least I don't have to cancel the whole thing or return early. Still stressed and annoyed about the whole thing.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #23927
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not sure exactly what this says about the state of the world but ... as the offspring heads out for a few days in New York, I realize that I am exponentially more stressed about his drive to the airport & all the hooha that air travel entails than I am by the notion of him being in "the city" for several days.

I mean, it ain't even close on the stress scale for me. Once I know he's boarded, I'm pretty relaxed til he's on the return trip home.

That probably speaks volumes about why I really don't go too many places. It's the getting there that's the royal pain in the butt.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:28 PM   #23928
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At least I don't have to cancel the whole thing or return early. Still stressed and annoyed about the whole thing.

Oh good. Damned if I knew what to say or recommend in the initial post string, but I was frustrated on your behalf anyhow. Glad a solution (however imperfect) arose.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #23929
Ksyrup

Knock on wood, I've been extremely blessed with air travel. I probably fly 4-5 times a year on average and rarely have an issue. I've been early on more flights than late this year - one so early, we circled Atlanta for 10 minutes before they let us land.

I've had one lost luggage issue, and that was 10-15 years ago on United. I also recall having to stay overnight twice 15-20 years ago due to delayed flights leading to missed connections (one of which we showed up at the gate with the plane still there but the door closed).

Now that I've effectively jinxed my next flight...
Old 10-26-2022, 04:44 PM   #23930
21C
College Prospect

I would post something on the Icelandair social pages (FB, Twitter). I had been given the run around with Qatar Airways until I posted a tweet on their Twitter feed and they resolved it a lot quicker than dealing with the online customer portal.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:34 AM   #23931
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not sure exactly what this says about the state of the world but ... as the offspring heads out for a few days in New York, I realize that I am exponentially more stressed about his drive to the airport & all the hooha that air travel entails than I am by the notion of him being in "the city" for several days.

Your post made me think of this: #AirportDad Trends on TikTok as Kids Document Dads’ Pre-Flight Routines

And, to be clear, I'm absolutely an Airport Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Knock on wood, I've been extremely blessed with air travel. I probably fly 4-5 times a year on average and rarely have an issue. I've been early on more flights than late this year - one so early, we circled Atlanta for 10 minutes before they let us land.

I'm picturing ATC like a frazzled service worker when a pickup arrives early: "you're not supposed to be here for another 10 minutes! Just, uh, circle around for a bit until I'm ready for you!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I would post something on the Icelandair social pages (FB, Twitter). I had been given the run around with Qatar Airways until I posted a tweet on their Twitter feed and they resolved it a lot quicker than dealing with the online customer portal.

This is the way.

Back in January I booked a trip to the Dominican Republic for this upcoming Thanksgiving and made sure to book a direct flight from Chicago. At some point in the summer American changed that flight to one with a connection in Charlotte (because, it would appear, they got rid of the direct flight). With a 60 minute layover.

I decided to cancel the flight and book a direct flight on United, figuring I'd just eat whatever cancellation fee/loss/whatever. So, I was shocked that there was only a nominal $20 (or something) fee and, more importantly, the ticket price was refunded in full.

Probably says something about what I expect from the airline industry these days.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 02:56 PM   #23932
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
welp, first colonoscopy happening for me on Monday.

the end of an era. for my rear end.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:55 PM   #23933
Ksyrup

Try it without drugs. I did. Even had a conversation with my doctor while watching the video.

All because the nurse basically challenged my manhood, ha!
Old 10-27-2022, 08:14 PM   #23934
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Now your farts will sound like a sigh.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:14 PM   #23935
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Try it without drugs. I did. Even had a conversation with my doctor while watching the video.

All because the nurse basically challenged my manhood, ha!

LOL! I had an all female room for my last one. I did not receive any challenges of that sort.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #23936
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

I had my first bout of diverticulitis in February 2020, and the doctor told me to schedule a colonoscopy. I called the colonoscopy doc and made an appointment for mid-March.

COVID and the lockdown saved my butt. But I am 45 now...and the responsible thing would be to go ahead and schedule one proactively.

*sigh*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:27 PM   #23937
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Just spent an hour at Sonic waiting for my food/waiting for a refund. They charged my card when I ordered them lost my order twice, then couldn't process the refund for 20 minutes.

I feel like I have the worst luck with getting food I order.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:47 PM   #23938
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Health stuff keeps piling up. Feels like it's been years since I got a good night's sleep.

Arthritis doc wanted a picture of my back a few months ago. When it came back, he said I have a giant gallstone and I should let another doc know about it. GP shrugged and said if it attacked, tell him.

Today, while a technician was at the house looking at the wonky furnace, bam. I do not know how I remained standing while he was telling me what's wrong with the furnace. Apparently it puts a lot of pressure on your Vagus nerve.

So I'm now experiencing a gallstone attack and of course it's Friday after 5:00, and I'm trying to decide if it's bad enough that I should go to the hospital or if there's any benefit to the thought that I can deal with this until Monday. Or maybe it'll just go away.

I now have a lot more sympathy for pregnant women who can't shake the nausea.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #23939
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Ugh, best wishes for your health.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:05 PM   #23940
Edward64
Head Coach

Same, best wishes.

Why not like a minor med place instead of a hospital (there's like 3 within a mile of me in GA)? At the very least, they might be able to prescribe something for your comfort until you actually talk to your doc (or Monday).
Old 10-28-2022, 09:07 PM   #23941
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Just spent an hour at Sonic waiting for my food/waiting for a refund. They charged my card when I ordered them lost my order twice, then couldn't process the refund for 20 minutes.

I feel like I have the worst luck with getting food I order.

Sonic brings back fond memories. There's one close to an outlet mall that we go to whenever we're up there.

In college, had a meal plan that paid for all meals other than Sun night. On Sun night, I'd walk about half-mile to the local Sonic and get me the burger. Tasted so good compared to cafeteria food.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #23942
cuervo72
Head Coach

Is that back pain fairly high, more up by the ribs? I've been having that for a number of months on my right side. Oddly its more comfortable to sleep on that side (with my snoring my wife won't let me fall asleep on my back). Any kind of twisting is done at my own peril.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:49 PM   #23943
Ksyrup

I don't know how long (pun intended) I've heard the song How Long by Ace and never knew - until today - that the singer/writer is Paul Carrack. His voice is familiar but I only knew Carrack as the singer of Tempted by the Squeeze and of course his time in Mike + The Mechanics. I just assume Ace was one of those anonymous 70s one-hit wonders. Damn.
Old 10-28-2022, 10:06 PM   #23944
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Is that back pain fairly high, more up by the ribs? I've been having that for a number of months on my right side. Oddly its more comfortable to sleep on that side (with my snoring my wife won't let me fall asleep on my back). Any kind of twisting is done at my own peril.

I think it differs for people. For me, it's right under the rib cage, center, maybe center-right. It can radiate to the back, even the tip of the right shoulder blade, for some people.

It was very intense, like gas, but much stronger. It is responsive to ibuprofin, thankfully. Plus, lying down is bad, which is what I did at first. The best position for me is sitting in a chair, head down on my desk.

The bad pain phase seems done, or controlled by ibuprofin, for now. The nausea is something else, though. If I can stand up long enough, I'm going to make ginger cookies, because I haven't eaten anything since lunch. The thought of ginger is good, anything else, not so good.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:38 PM   #23945
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope you get some relief. I’ve had kidney stones twice. That was some serious pain. Sounds similar to yours, but the pain was in my back.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #23946
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Random fun at high school football game last night.

Middle q2, we line up for a long 54 yard FG try. Pretty much the edge of the junior kicker's range. Kick is up, it's on the way ... DOINK ... hit the crossbar almost dead center, popped into the air ... and landed on the other side. GOOOOOOOD !

One of those deals where nobody was entirely sure what they'd just seen lol.

Later in the night he missed from 50 by maybe 3 feet, just a tad more and he'd have crossbarred another one. He has a knack for it, same kid doinked the crossbar with a punt from midfield earlier in the year and has hit an upright with a kickoff at least once as well.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:49 PM   #23947
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
I don't know how long (pun intended) I've heard the song How Long by Ace and never knew - until today - that the singer/writer is Paul Carrack. His voice is familiar but I only knew Carrack as the singer of Tempted by the Squeeze and of course his time in Mike + The Mechanics. I just assume Ace was one of those anonymous 70s one-hit wonders. Damn.

my main question about this Paul Carrack blackout is... how long has this been going on?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #23948
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Random fun at high school football game last night.

Middle q2, we line up for a long 54 yard FG try. Pretty much the edge of the junior kicker's range. Kick is up, it's on the way ... DOINK ... hit the crossbar almost dead center, popped into the air ... and landed on the other side. GOOOOOOOD !

One of those deals where nobody was entirely sure what they'd just seen lol.

Later in the night he missed from 50 by maybe 3 feet, just a tad more and he'd have crossbarred another one. He has a knack for it, same kid doinked the crossbar with a punt from midfield earlier in the year and has hit an upright with a kickoff at least once as well.

A GA 2024 recruit?
Old 10-30-2022, 12:30 PM   #23949
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
my main question about this Paul Carrack blackout is... how long has this been going on?

lmao you got me
Old 10-30-2022, 12:31 PM   #23950
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

karrack was everywhere. maybe the money was better but why he didn't front his own group i dunno