Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2022, 04:18 PM   #23851
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It's a very nice desert drink, but much too sweet and heavy to drink much of. Let alone, get drunk, drunk on.
There are lots of drinks like that to me. A sweet cocktail is tasty, but more than one and I feel ill.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:32 PM   #23852
cuervo72
Head Coach

I feel like I could do multiple sweet, cream-based drink; white Russians, grasshoppers, that kind of thing. Anything more juice-like, I'm not as sure.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:52 PM   #23853
thesloppy
Pro Starter

All the sugar makes for a hell of a hangover.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 05:17 PM   #23854
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The thought of milk and vodka mixed together has always made me ill.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 01:41 AM   #23855
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I feel like I could do multiple sweet, cream-based drink; white Russians, grasshoppers, that kind of thing. Anything more juice-like, I'm not as sure.

the cuervo gold
the fine columbian
MAKE
tonight a wonderful date
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:16 AM   #23856
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
Old 10-16-2022, 04:28 PM   #23857
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I feel like Domino's/Papa Johns just tossing a bunch of cheese and toppings in a tin foil container and attempting to sell it should be illegal or punishable somehow.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:46 PM   #23858
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I feel like Domino's/Papa Johns just tossing a bunch of cheese and toppings in a tin foil container and attempting to sell it should be illegal or punishable somehow.

i know right? No one wants that pizza you dropped on the floor. You can't fool us
Old 10-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #23859
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Costco pizza blows either of those away and is far cheaper.

If we want real pizza there's is a nice local shop here, but we have to drive out to Stadium district (the high school from 10 things I hate about you) and it's a nightmare getting through there. The pizza is absolutely incredible though.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 04:54 PM   #23860
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

If we want real pizza there's is a nice local shop here, but we have to drive out to Stadium district (the high school from 10 things I hate about you) and it's a nightmare getting through there. The pizza is absolutely incredible though.

I've started cooking my own Detroit style pizzas...I've got some dough rising right now!
Old 10-16-2022, 06:47 PM   #23861
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've started cooking my own Detroit style pizzas...I've got some dough rising right now!

Old 10-16-2022, 07:24 PM   #23862
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Detroit-style pizza is yum.

Pet peeve: places trying to pass off Detroit-style pizza as Chicago-style. Both are good, but both are very different

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-16-2022 at 07:27 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:26 PM   #23863
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

OK, that looks fucking awesome.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #23864
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Papa John's has started having these things called "Papa Bowls." They are actually really good for us low-carb people.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:23 PM   #23865
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

costco food court pizza is amazing

but i've been eating donato's mostly lately esp the cauliflower crust
Old 10-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #23866
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Who at Verizon thought a two-years-retired Julian Edelman would make for a compelling spokesman?
Old 10-16-2022, 09:47 PM   #23867
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I didn't even know who that was.

He's miles better than the bearded douche who apparently is an actor. I want to shoot that guy off whatever letter he's sitting on every time he appears on my screen.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #23868
cuervo72
Head Coach

Adam Scott? I've no problem with him (he was great in Parks & Rec). Edelman though, yeah -- I was thinking last night "wait you want me to like your product/company by trotting out an effing PATRIOT? Screw that."
Old 10-17-2022, 08:49 AM   #23869
cuervo72
Head Coach

(Gronk, at least Gronk has the lovable lug/goofball thing going. And I could maybe see someone like Vince Wilfork. Anyone else? GTFO.)
Old 10-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #23870
Ksyrup

I don't know what the name is, when I saw him I thought he came off as a standard hipster commercial actor douchebag and then it appeared he's done some legit things. I'm not a huge fan of actors anyway but he grated on me from the second I saw that commercial.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-17-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #23871
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

That looks amazing! Well done!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #23872
Ksyrup

Got the estimate on our accident from the trip to see FSU play Louisville a month ago. $11,500! They revised the estimate and it doubled so they must have found some additional stuff. Crazy. I didn't think it was nothing and they took out the muffler and pushed the wheel guard into the tire but I wasn't expecting that.

Only a $250 deductible and I'm assuming insurance will collect from the woman who hit me, but that's going to be a fair hit to the resale value.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-17-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #23873
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My pathfinder got hit on the rear quarter and it was something like 8500$ in 2019.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 11:32 AM   #23874
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is really expensive to replace a quarter panel. Lots of welding, panting, trim, etc...goes into it. Ksyrups probably needed a whole new rear body panel in addition to the quarter and maybe even a bent frame rail.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:50 AM   #23875
Ksyrup

Ours was a 2019 Pathfinder.

I'm going to talk to our agent about a diminished value claim. Maybe we can recoup a little of what we're going to lose when it's time to move on.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-17-2022 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:02 PM   #23876
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good luck. States have different rules about DV claims, including some not even offering them as a option. Even if they do you likely won't get much unless KY has very consumer friendly law.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #23877
Ksyrup

I know someone in another state who had success getting a bit of money on top of the damage claim. Kentucky appears to be a state that allows it and we weren't at fault so I'm gonna ask at least.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:26 PM   #23878
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't mind you hangin out and talkin in your sleep
Old 10-17-2022, 12:40 PM   #23879
Ksyrup

Speaking of random songs/lyrics, I woke up at 4:30 (when the dog started puking) to Whatcha Gonna Do by Pablo Cruise going through my head on repeat, continued once I got back to bed and woke up for good at 5:30, through my shower and finally got rid of it on the hour drive to work by blasting some Misery Index. Tough fuckers they are!
Old 10-17-2022, 01:03 PM   #23880
Ksyrup

"Greta Van Fleet Reschedules Three Dates After Vocalist Ruptures An Eardrum"

The jokes, they write themselves!
Old 10-17-2022, 07:32 PM   #23881
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW, I think John Denver was great.

Was on YT watching some music videos and saw John Denver pop up. So many great folksy songs like "Annie's Song", "Leaving on a Jet Plane" etc. and, of course, the Fallout 76 homage "Take Me Home Country Roads".

Also made me think. Are those old 70's, 80's and even 90's "classics" really listened to by todays generation? Probably not, the music is so different nowadays.

Wondering what he would be doing now if he hadn't gone down in that plane of his.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 07:47 PM   #23882
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Wondering what he would be doing now if he hadn't gone down in that plane of his.

Probably not much, he'd be pushing 80.

edit to add: Also, questionable whether he'd be alive today if not for the plane crash. Remember, he had been dealing with a drinking problem for some years and at the time of the crash was not legally piloting (as he'd continued to drink, though not on the day of the crash, after having his pilots license suspended for a string of DUI arrests. Abstinence was required for his license to be reinstated)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-17-2022 at 07:50 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 08:19 PM   #23883
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Probably not much, he'd be pushing 80.

edit to add: Also, questionable whether he'd be alive today if not for the plane crash. Remember, he had been dealing with a drinking problem for some years and at the time of the crash was not legally piloting (as he'd continued to drink, though not on the day of the crash, after having his pilots license suspended for a string of DUI arrests. Abstinence was required for his license to be reinstated)

You are a debbie downer.

I'd like to think he's sitting in his country/log home up in the mountains of Colorado/West Virginia, picking at his banjo, looking up at the clouds/mountains/city lights, and smoking some weed.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-17-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:18 PM   #23884
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Denver was more of a coke guy.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:33 PM   #23885
Ksyrup

I've always had a mental block with picturing people who play such benign music being alcoholics or druggies, or sexaholics, etc. John Denver is right up there at the top.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:00 PM   #23886
Edward64
Head Coach

I just found out that "Born to Run" came out in 1975.

It kinda blows my mind. I always thought it was in the 80s. It seems so "different" from all the disco, soul, folk, pop & rock songs of that era.
Old 10-22-2022, 11:40 PM   #23887
Ksyrup

Vegas Strip - all of the "contact high" experience of a concert with none of the cool music.
Old 10-22-2022, 11:47 PM   #23888
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Denver was more of a coke guy.

he got rocky mountains highs
Old 10-23-2022, 02:04 AM   #23889
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Vegas Strip - all of the "contact high" experience of a concert with none of the cool music.

Definitely agree on the contact high. It's ... extreme.

Musically though? I absolutely love Spandex Nation, and Alter Ego ain't bad at all ... though they're both in the rotation on Fremont rather than The Strip.
Old 10-23-2022, 06:43 AM   #23890
Ksyrup

We didn't make it to Fremont. I do enjoy Vegas more than I used to. Not sure what that says about me...

We spent 2 days last week for a conference. Hit a couple decent restaurants. Tom Colicchio's was great. Then we grabbed a car and drove to Bryce and Zion for 2 days. Will definitely be going back for the full treatment in the next couple years.

Came back to Vegas yesterday morning to find that my cousin, her husband and group of their family/friends had flown in from Detroit for the When We Were Young festival... only to have it canceled an hour before open due to high winds. So we met up with them and walked the strip for about 6 hours until we headed out on our own. The wind was crazy, gusts up to 60. We took a red-eye and it was not restful for most of it. Some crazy turbulence.

Best time I've had in Vegas. If the Psycho Vegas lineup is any good, I'd like to go back for that one of these years.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-23-2022 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 07:39 AM   #23891
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don't want to clog up the MLB thread with too much silliness. You can't show up the umpire they say. You can't say those magic words to the umpire and disrespect their authority they say.

WARNING: probably not appropriate with the kiddos around.

And no Torre did not get ejected.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 01:47 PM   #23892
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I do the bulk of the family's grocery shopping and have decided that even if baggers are now available again, I'd just prefer to do it myself. Honestly, I'd use the self-checkout if it wasn't such a problem with putting my own bag on the platform, and then taking it off when full, and then putting the next one one, etc... each step of which sets the computer off and requires intervention from a store employee.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 02:02 PM   #23893
cuervo72
Head Coach

"Please place the item..."

YOU FUCKER I DID THAT SHUT YOUR G_DAMNED TRAP
Old 10-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #23894
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I do the bulk of the family's grocery shopping and have decided that even if baggers are now available again, I'd just prefer to do it myself. Honestly, I'd use the self-checkout if it wasn't such a problem with putting my own bag on the platform, and then taking it off when full, and then putting the next one one, etc... each step of which sets the computer off and requires intervention from a store employee.

At my Krogers & Walmart, there is generally enough counter space to move my full plastic bag(s) off to one side without taking off the counter.

My Walmart has the regular bottom counter (with 4 plastic bag holders) and also a top counter which I can put things on.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #23895
cuervo72
Head Coach

Actually the other thing besides that regarding the self-checkout is having it read out the price of every item. I don't know if I have to, but I feel like you have to wait until it does that to scan the next item. So rather than just going beep*beep*beep*beep it's beep...three-twenty-nine....beep...ninety-nine...cents...beep...five-forty-nine...please place the scanned item in the bagging area...
Old 10-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #23896
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I usually just keep it short and go with "FUCK OFF"
Old 10-23-2022, 03:38 PM   #23897
Ksyrup

Quote:

At Kroger, where it is unquestionably the worst about this, I read that it's overly-sensitive sensors designed to keep people from stealing. Apparently the way to stop people from stealing is to drive them nuts so they'll steal somewhere else.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #23898
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sounds like Fucking Giant Eagle to me. I shop elsewhere
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #23899
tarcone
Coordinator

Didnt want to start a thread.

Im getting a divorce. We just cant do it anymore. We fo not like each other and have been going through the motions the past 10 years, I would imagine.

It hurts and I dont hate her. I was looking forward to spending the future with her, but the bad finally outweighed the good. It has taken me a couple weeks to process, some high anxiety and fear and dread and the feeling of loss. I feel much better now and am ready to move to the next chapter. I will miss her, but it is what it is.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 06:02 PM   #23900
bob
College Starter

Sorry to hear that. I’ll keep you in my thoughts.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote