Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2022, 12:26 PM   #23451
Edward64
Head Coach

I got measured for BMI (body mass index, more popularly known) and PBF (percent body fat) today.

My BMI is 27.5 which is considered overweight. My PBF is 24.3% which is considered high end of acceptable. From what I've read PBF is a better/more accurate indicator than BMI.

So for those of you that have high BMI (likely many of us, some more than others) and think you are overweight, there's hope that you really aren't.

You are welcome.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-19-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:38 PM   #23452
tarcone
Coordinator

My wife and I took amtrak to springfield, IL to visit the Lincoln museum (Awesome), on the way home some amish got on board. Very obvious. 2 sat across the aisle from us and made out the whole time we were on the train with them. Weird.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:57 AM   #23453
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
My wife and I took amtrak to springfield, IL to visit the Lincoln museum (Awesome), on the way home some amish got on board. Very obvious. 2 sat across the aisle from us and made out the whole time we were on the train with them. Weird.

both women?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:07 AM   #23454
Edward64
Head Coach

Chocolate milk is so much better than regular milk.
Old 07-22-2022, 07:46 AM   #23455
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The great thing about chocolate milk is it's a great post-workout recovery drink so I get to drink it fairly often. And paired with a banana, it's a real treat.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:53 AM   #23456
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
We lived next to a bunch of Amish for several years. Nicest people you will ever meet, but still just people.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #23457
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We are going to see Hamilton in NYC on Broadway tomorrow. We booked a limo to take my family, my niece, mom, and my wifes sister and husband. Limo company calls tonight and says our car broke down tonight and wont be fixed by tomorrow. They are getting us a 14 person van instead but I am really annoyed. Wanted to give the kids the limo experience and pull up in front of Hamilton in a limo.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #23458
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The great thing about chocolate milk is it's a great post-workout recovery drink so I get to drink it fairly often. And paired with a banana, it's a real treat.

Oh yeah. Much better tasting (and cheaper) than Endurox.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-22-2022 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:49 PM   #23459
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Subway is good value.

The bread is fresh. The vegetables look fresh to me. The processed meats could be better. And there was one close to the dojo so convenient with the kids.

Subway any day over most of McDonald's offerings (but once in a while I do want that Big Mac).

I'm okay with Subway but this going too far.

Subway offers free sandwiches for life for fans who get footlong tattoo
Quote:
Subway will give away free sandwiches for life for anyone who agrees to get a footlong tattoo of a logo of its new Subway Series promotion.

Fans of the sandwich chain are invited to a block party in Las Vegas on Wednesday, where nine people will be eligible to have DJ Tambe, a two-time winner of the “Ink Master” reality television series, or someone from his team draw a tattoo of the Subway Series logo.

Anyone who agrees to get a tattoo of a 12″ by 12″ tattoo of the logo on their sternum or back will receive free sandwiches for life
Old 07-23-2022, 08:51 AM   #23460
Ksyrup

My wife is supremely fortunate. We are spending a week in New Mexico at the end of September, leaving the morning of October 1st. I just saw Slipknot is playing Albuquerque that night. If that show was a day earlier, we'd be going. And the show would have been half Slipknot, half my wife's reaction to them and the crowd. Whatever the ticket price, it would have been a bargain for me. Oh well.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-24-2022, 06:10 AM   #23461
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Dear Media,

Dozens of people, or even hundreds of people, reacting to something on twitter is not a headline worthy story.

Thank you.
Old 07-24-2022, 12:14 PM   #23462
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There was a cashier at WaWa today wearing a hair net. He was bald...
Old 07-24-2022, 03:29 PM   #23463
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh yeah. Much better tasting (and cheaper) than Endurox.

Chocolate milk has been my son's go to as a cheap weight gainer and post workout drink that doesn't taste awful.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:09 PM   #23464
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If I ordered something from Home Depot and cancelled that order and it still showed up and still shows as being cancelled what should I do?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:33 PM   #23465
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What was it?
Old 07-26-2022, 04:43 PM   #23466
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It was some 1/8” thick craft plywood cut into 12”x19” sheets for a craft laser
Old 07-26-2022, 05:37 PM   #23467
Ksyrup

Not sure where to post this, but as a huge Columbo fan, this is an amazing photo.

Old 07-26-2022, 07:54 PM   #23468
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If I ordered something from Home Depot and cancelled that order and it still showed up and still shows as being cancelled what should I do?

Well if it were me, I would make myself a strong drink, sit home and watch "Back to the Future".

But then again I'm not very good at this life business.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:36 AM   #23469
Edward64
Head Coach

Glad to see he is leaving at the top. I hope he stays in public and does some fun things.

Magnus Carlsen Is Giving Up The World Title. But The Carlsen Era Lives On. | FiveThirtyEight
Quote:
The chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen announced last week that he will not defend his world championship next year. There are two ways to look at this news: One is with shock, given that Carlsen is maybe the greatest chess player of all time, at arguably the peak of his powers, with a good chance to win a sixth world title in 2023. But the other is without, given that Carlsen hinted several times that he had played his last world championship match in December.
Quote:
Carlsen confirmed his intentions on Wednesday in the first episode of his podcast, “The Magnus Effect.” He said he had mulled his world championship future for more than a year, even before defeating Ian Nepomniachtchi for his fifth title, and that he was “pretty comfortable” with his decision to step aside. He confessed that he was “not motivated to play another match,” that “I don’t particularly like it” and that “I don’t have any inclination to play.” He added, “I don’t rule out a return [to world championship matches] in the future, but I wouldn’t particularly count on it, either.”
Old 07-27-2022, 07:39 AM   #23470
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

He's not quitting anything but the formal World Championship (because it's too much work for not enough benefit/challenge). He's still trying to reach a record ELO in official competitions.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:24 PM   #23471
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

There may not be many things in life that are more of a challenge than trying to get my ass out the door for any sort of trip.

I simply can't/don't move very quickly any more.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:11 PM   #23472
GrantDawg

George Jetson will be born on Sunday. Where is my flying car, dammit?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2022, 06:08 AM   #23473
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
George Jetson will be born on Sunday. Where is my flying car, dammit?

Definitely won't be an early adopter.

This New Flying Car Could Hit the Market in Weeks After Getting FAA Approval
Quote:
A Ferrari-red flying car is could soon become every commuter’s dream come true: It would fly over miles of gridlock to work, land and then drive a mile or two to their parking spaces.

Samson Air’s Switchblade, which has been 14 years in the making, is now ready for its next series of tests. Previously, we reported the Oregon-built vehicle was gearing up for road tests. On July 15, the Federal Aviation Administration determined it was safe for flight, so the flying car could be weeks away from going to market
Old 07-30-2022, 07:16 AM   #23474
GrantDawg

I'm going to look at a truck today, but maybe I should hold off. That is only $150k off my budget. That's not too much, right? I can always get easy 1,250 monthly payments.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:20 AM   #23475
Edward64
Head Coach

I cannot imagine how all of this will be regulated by the FAA if there's ever going to be mass adoption.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #23476
Ksyrup

Most people would argue that the atomic bomb is the worst thing mankind ever invented, but my vote goes to cling wrap.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:39 PM   #23477
Edward64
Head Coach

Last think you'll see as you get digested by a shark

https://www.instagram.com/p/CggBthnr...eo_watch_again

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-31-2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:56 PM   #23478
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Last think you'll see as you get digested by a shark

https://www.instagram.com/p/CggBthnr...eo_watch_again

Great White Shark Sightings Cape Cod, Nantucket Saturday – NBC Boston

We were on the beach today on Nantucket. A shark swam through the waves 10 feet into the water. 30 feet from us. Was insane. Ladies Beach.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:08 AM   #23479
RainMaker
General Manager

Does anyone remember when Gatorade came in glass bottles?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:35 AM   #23480
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Dropped my backpack on my foot and one of those glass bottles was in it. Direct shot split my foot open and I had to get several stitches. Wasn’t from the broken glass, just the force of the bottle.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:43 AM   #23481
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

I remember when diet dr pepper and pepsi and mt dew came in REALLY TALL glass bottles
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:36 AM   #23482
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I was walking to work today and crossed at the crosswalk with the signal, and I almost got hit by a guy who was making a left turn and was trying to zip across before the oncoming traffic started. He clearly did not see me at all. He came within a couple feet of hitting me while accellerating.

Which is kind of weird. He didn't hit me, so nothing happened. My life going forward will be the same* as if he had just accepted his red light. But I was really close to a major life-altering event. If I had stepped into the crosswalk a little quicker or walked a little faster, I'd have gotten hit. Just a strange (and unsettling) thing to consider.

*Other than whatever butterfly effect type things happen because I just made this post..
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 07:03 AM   #23483
Edward64
Head Coach

I was watching some Best of 80's YT.

Music is pretty good for the most part but the videos themselves are yuck. Those were the (early) days ...
Old 08-03-2022, 02:41 PM   #23484
Edward64
Head Coach

Just ordered some Mellow Mushroom pizza for pickup this afternoon.

It defaulted to 15% tip and I changed it to No Tip. No problem tipping if I'm getting service inside the restaurant or getting it delivered. But it rubbed me the wrong way the expectation was 15% tip for pickup.

Am I an asshat?
Old 08-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #23485
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I was walking to work today and crossed at the crosswalk with the signal, and I almost got hit by a guy who was making a left turn and was trying to zip across before the oncoming traffic started. He clearly did not see me at all. He came within a couple feet of hitting me while accellerating.

Which is kind of weird. He didn't hit me, so nothing happened. My life going forward will be the same* as if he had just accepted his red light. But I was really close to a major life-altering event. If I had stepped into the crosswalk a little quicker or walked a little faster, I'd have gotten hit. Just a strange (and unsettling) thing to consider.

*Other than whatever butterfly effect type things happen because I just made this post..

Always scary and weird when something like that happens. Glad you were a step slow!
Old 08-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #23486
Ksyrup

Quote:
Just ordered some Mellow Mushroom pizza for pickup this afternoon.

It defaulted to 15% tip and I changed it to No Tip. No problem tipping if I'm getting service inside the restaurant or getting it delivered. But it rubbed me the wrong way the expectation was 15% tip for pickup.

Am I an asshat?

Almost all apps do that now.

It all started with Panera asking for tips where you pay for food, then go seat yourself, get your own drinks, pick up your own food, and clean your own dishes for them.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:56 PM   #23487
GrantDawg

But for Mello Mushroom? Maybe. It will be a server that gets paid tip share that will bring you the pie and ring you up. You are taking away her serving tipping customers. I would say tip, but not a full 15%.
Btw, how the heck does Mellow Mushroom not have people out the door for lunch? Two large slices and a drink for less than $6. Can't get a burger abd a drink for that anymore, and that is some good pizza.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:12 PM   #23488
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Btw, how the heck does Mellow Mushroom not have people out the door for lunch? Two large slices and a drink for less than $6.

Huh?

2 slices & a drink, even with lunch special pricing on slices, is $11.95 in Athens

ONE slice (with one topping) & a drink is $9.95 (from their pick two menu)
Old 08-03-2022, 03:26 PM   #23489
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I'll stick with Little Casesars and their lunch combo. Half a deep dish pizza and a drink for $6.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 08-03-2022 at 03:26 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:29 PM   #23490
Ksyrup

Goodfellas in Lexington used to be cheaper, but their current lunch special is a slice, a breadstick as long as your arm, and a drink for $9. Use to be $6.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #23491
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Am I an asshat?

Nope.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #23492
Ksyrup

If I hear "Do you want some MOOOORE!" one more time, violence will be forthcoming.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #23493
Ksyrup

35 years ago tonight, as a 16 year old, I spent a crazy night in San Francisco passing beers to James Hetfield on his birthday and hanging out with 3/4s of Metallica while a group of us walked around the city. Still one of the greatest nights of my life.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:16 PM   #23494
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
35 years ago tonight, as a 16 year old, I spent a crazy night in San Francisco passing beers to James Hetfield on his birthday and hanging out with 3/4s of Metallica while a group of us walked around the city. Still one of the greatest nights of my life.

Awesome. There must be more to this story, tell it!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #23495
Ksyrup

I'm sure I've told it more than once here in the past 22+ years. Only reason I thought to post it today is because I saw a bunch of tweets about Hetfield's birthday today and realized it was a round-ish number of years since that night. Can't believe it's been 35 years!

I had two aunts who lived in Novato (Marin County, north of SF). At the time, one of them was married to a guy whose sister was a metal groupie. She had worked at The Stone, a famous club in SF, and had dated a bunch of musicians and behind-the-scenes guys (sound guy for Judas Priest was one of them - she's the one who told me in the mid-80s Halford was gay a decade before he came out).

That night, King Diamond was headlining at the The Stone with Trouble (then, an unknown band to me). She got me and my uncle in for free. Hetfield, Lars and Kirk show up. This was almost a year after Cliff had died and Newsted was in the band but not with them. Craig Wells from Metal Church also was there (several guys from Metal Church were good friends of Metallica and one of them filled in for James on guitar when he got burned during that stage mishap a few years later). I met all 3 of the Metallica guys and talked to them for a few minutes. Lars is as short as he looks! He's probably under 4 feet by now...

The funniest moment was when Craig Wells was talking to Hetfield and I had already talked to James but Craig didn't know that, and I asked for his autograph instead of James and he looked at me like I was crazy and was like, "You know this is James Hetfield, right?" We had a good laugh, but I know he was absolutely shocked someone recognized him. And truthfully, had he not hosted Headbangers Ball a couple weeks earlier, I probably would have had no clue!

Anyway, during the King Diamond show, I stood near the back and James was back there, and every 15 minutes beers would pass between a couple of us and James. At the end, they all went on stage and played a couple covers and sang Happy Birthday.

Afterward, I hung out with King Diamond (no makeup) on his tour bus for a few minutes. I believe my uncle's sister performed a few *ahem* tricks to get us on the bus (I know drugs were involved and I'm pretty sure some "other stuff"). I appreciated her commitment to the groupie life. Then a group of us (about 10-15 people, including all 3 Metallica guys), walked the streets of SF for about an hour. Every so often, a car would stop in the middle of the street, someone would stick their head out the moonroof and yell HBD James, and drive off. It was amazing. They were loved in SF but not famous enough that they couldn't just walk around largely left alone.

As if that wasn't enough - about 3 years later, Metal Church played Atlanta with WASP and Accept. MC opened. It was a small theater in Atlanta and my buddy and I were sitting in the seats instead of standing. We happened to be right by one of the walkways to backstage and Craig came out. I got his attention and told him that I'm sure he didn't remember, but we met a few years ago at Hetfield's birthday party in SF, and he leaves and 5 minutes later him and the rest of Metal Church came up into the seats and sat with us while Accept played. He may have been humoring me, but he said he remembered and acted like he did.

I don't normally feel like anything close to the coolest guy in any place, ever, but that night I felt like a fucking king! All these people were trying to figure out how I had summoned a band from backstage to hang out with me. It was awesome.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-03-2022 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:52 PM   #23496
Ksyrup

While we're on the subject of 80s music, I'm here to ruin your past and present...

Old 08-03-2022, 09:57 PM   #23497
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't normally feel like anything close to the coolest guy in any place, ever, but that night I felt like a fucking king! All these people were trying to figure out how I had summoned a band from backstage to hang out with me. It was awesome.

Awesome night, awesome story!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:09 PM   #23498
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I communicated the other day with the first person actually related to me for the first time in my life. A cousin found me on 23 and me. Whoa is her mind blown. We have been messaging. She has been very respectful of my boundaries but I have to say it is interesting and makes me very curious.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:23 PM   #23499
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So I communicated the other day with the first person actually related to me for the first time in my life. A cousin found me on 23 and me. Whoa is her mind blown. We have been messaging. She has been very respectful of my boundaries but I have to say it is interesting and makes me very curious.

I'll offer one piece of advice, fwiw: just remember at all times, YOU are in charge of your own boundaries. Whether those tighten or loosen, it's up to you. And if they change/evolve OR if they don't, that's perfectly okay.

(says the adopted guy who has strong feelings about his own boundaries)
Old 08-04-2022, 06:34 PM   #23500
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'll offer one piece of advice, fwiw: just remember at all times, YOU are in charge of your own boundaries. Whether those tighten or loosen, it's up to you. And if they change/evolve OR if they don't, that's perfectly okay.

(says the adopted guy who has strong feelings about his own boundaries)

Thanks. I have been really clear about that. My adoption has never defined me, so I am approaching it with trepidation and curiosity. I was fortunate to be raised by awesome parents and still have a great relationship with them. I am in no way looking to fill some void in my life.