Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #2301
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All PMs are out, and Day Sixteen has begun.

All I am really doing is waiting for a decision by one person before I will run Day Sixteen and the Second Battle of Brightwater Keep.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #2302
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Dreadfort was taken by Littlefinger for King Stannis.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #2303
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] The postgame debriefing is going to be EPIC. I want to know who tried to kill Littlefinger [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #2304
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The Dreadfort was taken by Littlefinger for King Stannis.

I am rolling over in my grave.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #2305
Zinto
College Starter

It is my fault the results are going to be delayed. I had a hard decision and I went to the wire to make it.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #2306
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That's okay, Zinto. I was busy at my job anyway. Results will go up in the morning, I believe.

In case anyone wants to change anything they have done, I will give them to...

DAY SIXTEEN ENDS 1 p.m. EST/10 a.m. PDT SATURDAY

I doubt anyone changes anything, but might as well set a deadline to be clear.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #2307
Autumn
Head Coach

Ironic it is that the upstart brother and the upstart rebel should join forces, along with the upstart son of the Lannisters. Joffrey questions whether to join with such an unpleasant bunch. He has stood with me together through all these battles, yet Renly offers him safety in numbers.

To save the realm I would have knelt to Joffrey, or even to Balon. But you have all chosen wrong in choosing Renly. Neither he nor Stark deserve to rule after the way they have deported themselves. Renly if you and your cast of misfits wish to rule the realm you shall have to defeat its rightful ruler, the eldest brother of the dead king. I have no doubt that all the gods and spirits of justice will side with me in your attempt to usurp justice.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #2308
Danny
Head Coach

Day 16 results

All men of Westeros have been killed in the final war except for Tyrion Lannister who now rules a kingdom full of women who do his bidding.

The game has ended. Tyrion Lannister and the women of Westeros are the winners.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #2309
Autumn
Head Coach

I can't really argue with this.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #2310
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Arya Stark returns, and kills everyone.

The end.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #2311
saldana
Pro Starter

Fyi everyone, I am in vacation with kids this week so I will be pretty much out of touch all day while we are at busch gardens
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2312
Autumn
Head Coach

Littlefinger is at Busch Gardens. *snort*
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #2313
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clearly he means the Eyrie.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #2314
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry for the wait, guys. I did a stupid and left my game sheets on the computer at work instead of emailing them home, assuming I was returning on Saturday (I didn't end up going in).

Running results now.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #2315
Danny
Head Coach

It's ok chief, I had you covered
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #2316
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Naught but a few weeks after the Brightwater Keep saw the end of the reign of Balon Greyjoy, it will again become the graveyard of the hopes of another for the Iron Throne. King Renly has marshalled his forces again at the head of the Honeywine River. Backed now by Balon's Ironborn and Lord Tyrion's fierce Mountain Men, the Baratheon of Storm's End host brings some 70000 men to bear, not counting additional mercenaries.

Marching against him, down from the Mander, King Stannis comes to bring this fight to an end, one way or another. With him marches his faithful Hand, Ser Davos Seaworth, and the mercurial Lord Petyr Baelish, bringing up the rear and complaining the whole way. They number around 30000 men, not counting mercenaries of their own.

The only question left to decide... where will King Joffrey stand? His Lannister men have arrived as well, some 30000 men of their own. Should he join with King Stannis, this is likely to be a very intriguing battle, and rumors were that Joffrey had once promised to bend the knee to Stannis.

But certainly it would be advantageous for the Lannister to stand with Renly and give him a numbers advantage so overwhelming, it would be nearly impossible to overcome. Will Joffrey stand by his word? Or will Stannis learn what it means to rely on a Lannister?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #2317
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Dragonstone host set up at a fork in the Honeywine, not far from the township of Honeyholt. King Stannis had Davos devise ways to quickly cross the Honeywine in case things go south quickly, with makeshift bridges and boats and well-guarded fording spots.

The great Storm's End host marched down upon King Stannis's position, with Ironborn warriors on one side, and Mountain Men on the other.

The two armies formed rank and stood two arrow shots from one another, awaiting for the signal to charge. Neither side seemed inclined to bluff, no hidden bands of armed men. Stannis was confident in the defensive strength of his position and in the determination and discipline of his men. Renly was confident that his numbers alone would win the battle.

Suddenly, the forests on the other side of the Honeywine parted, and men wearing red and gold began to appear from the trees. The Lannisters have arrived!

The point of their ranks seemed to point at the very spot directly between the two Baratheon hosts. For whom did they come to fight? There was no telling.

A horn rang out, and King Renly's men tensed. Lances to the shoulder! came the call. Storm's End knights gripped the shafts harder and clenched the sides of their warhorses tighter, ready for the final blow. The Dragonstone spearmen at the front of the line never wavered as they ground their long spears into the ground, with steely glares staring across the open ground.

Another horn blew! The mighty destriers leaped to action! The line threw itself forth upon the open ground, flying to close the distance with the Dragonstone spears. Dust rose high as the knights of Storm's End charged to their destiny--or their doom. Arrows flew from the Dragonstone backlines and peppered the charging knights, many falling under the deadly rain.

Another flight of arrows reaches the sky! The Lannister bows have been unleashed! But where will those arrows fall? They rise above the Honeywine, and gracefully glide down upon their targets... amongst the men of Dragonstone! Cries of anguish and pain go out from King Stannis's men, as they move to shield themselves from this new threat.

With a roar, the Lannister line rushes forth to the fords of the Honeywine and to engage King Stannis and his men.

The knights of Storm's End crashes into the spear line, many crashing to the ground, gutted with a shaft through their bellies or under the weight of skewered warhorses. But many more crashed through the lines and wreaked havoc on the swordsman of Dragonstone. The charge was a bloody terror into the middle of the lines, and the Dragonstone host wavered under the attack of lance and arrow.

The Lannisters fought Dragonstone men fiercely along the shoreline of the Honeywin, cutting off all escape, and the Renly infantrymen poured into the breach, piercing the heart of the enemy.

King Stannis's men turn to flee, fighting each other for escape into the fields and forests down river, their liege calling about after them to stand their ground, to act like men of the Lord of Light. But the day was lost. These men knew a lost cause in the making. They either streamed away from the battlefield or threw their arms to the ground in surrender.

Soon, King Stannis and his retinue are surrounded by Baratheon of Storm's End knigths and swordsmen. There is nothing left to do.

With bitter anger and disgust, King Stannis throws his sword down in surrender.

HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END HAS DEFEATED HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE AT THE SECOND BATTLE OF BRIGHTWATER KEEP!

KING RENLY BARATHEON HAS CAPTURED KING STANNIS BARATHEON!!

Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #2318
path12
Coordinator

Brother, you have fought well and valiantly, but this war must now end.

I have one spot left in my retinue but it is reserved for another. I do not doubt you will serve the Watch well.

SEND STANNIS TO THE NIGHTS WATCH
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #2319
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Renly has until the end of Day Seventeen to determine if he will offer King Stannis the chance to Bend the Knee or to execute him. King Stannis has the same deadline to accept an offer from Renly to Bend The Knee or he may Take the Black.

Day Seventeen ends at 11 a.m. EST (8 a.m. PDT) TUESDAY.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #2320
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Brother, you have fought well and valiantly, but this war must now end.

I have one spot left in my retinue but it is reserved for another. I do not doubt you will serve the Watch well.

SEND STANNIS TO THE NIGHTS WATCH

King Stannis, you can choose not to accept this offer.

If you do, King Renly's options will be to have you killed or to release you.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #2321
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems my bannermen were unable to defend me from capture. A curious turn of affairs. I think the realm tires of these wars, and with all the other so-called kings eager to bend the knee to one who has betrayed and scoffed at them, the die has been cast.

I hope that King Joffrey enjoys bowing and scraping to one who has ever derided him. I hope that Balon Greyjoy suffers the reproach of every one of his kinsmen who listened to him boast that the ironmen never kneel, and then bent their kingdom to a false king who bested him in battle. And I hope that Tyrion Lannister enjoys yet again taking orders from a man who thinks nothing of him.

The kingdom chooses Renly not because he is worthy to be a king, but because he has more soldiers. Well, a kingdom will get what they deserve. An ambitious king who cares little for the people, but much for his own station. A man who will turn over any tradition, betray any alliance, turn against his own brother at the chance for power. A king should be one who serves, but Renly serves only one person. I wonder what he will do when he becomes bored of ruling, and tired of the weight of the crown.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #2322
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Littlefinger has captured the Twins!

Between the Dreadfort and the Twins, he is working on cornering the market on all assholish lords' keeps in the North (sorry, JAG! ).

Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #2323
Autumn
Head Coach

As for me, Renly, I do not know if you have it in you to take my head. No, let me say that differently. I know you could never do it yourself. You have never wanted to dirty your hands with war, nevertheless face the consequences of your foolish actions. But I wonder if you could order someone else to do it for you, the way you ordered others to wage a war of rebellion.

But there is no need to find out. I have always done and will always do my duty. That is all I have asked. There is duty and honor to be found at the Wall, but you would be hard pressed to find a scrap of it in King's Landing or Storms End. I will take the black, and count the days until the kingdom tears itself apart again, hungry for the rule of a true king.

Stannis Baratheon Takes the Black
Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #2324
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Stannis Baratheon has Taken the Black!

Ser Davos Seaworth, ever loyal servant of King Stannis, will Take the Black as well.

Their lands are forfeit and are now freeholds.

Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish is now a free lord, who controls the Dreadfort and the Twins.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #2325
path12
Coordinator

Brother, one cannot rule without the consent of the people. You never had that and never will. I know you will never understand that.

The people of Westeros are tired of war and struggle as are we all. It is time for peace. I promise as I did at the beginning of this great struggle to give the people a fair and just rule, and I intend to do so.

NAMES BALON GREYJOY HAND OF THE KING
Old 06-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #2326
Autumn
Head Coach

And they have consented to your rule? Or you happened to capture two kings in battle? The fact that you conflate these two shows how ready you are to be a king.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #2327
path12
Coordinator

I believe we are just waiting on Joffrey now.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #2328
Danny
Head Coach

Stannis, your brother is more merciful than I. I would have beheaded you
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #2329
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, well I'm sure Joffrey will sleep well at night knowing how you treat family, Lord Tyrion.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #2330
Zinto
College Starter

I shall bend my knee to Renly.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #2331
Zinto
College Starter

And sorry Stannis I paid for a measter report on everyone and we would have had about 20k less men then Renly. I also like to live.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #2332
Autumn
Head Coach

(isn't it only possible to hire one service a day?)
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #2333
Autumn
Head Coach

(because I've been sitting on boatloads of gold for weeks thinking I was only allowed to hire one person a day)
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #2334
Autumn
Head Coach

The realm was lost when Renly got his hands on Robb before anyone else did. You could have shown some bravery, Joffrey, but I didn't really expect it.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #2335
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The realm was lost when Renly got his hands on Robb before anyone else did. You could have shown some bravery, Joffrey, but I didn't really expect it.

Haven't you left for the wall yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
(isn't it only possible to hire one service a day?)

(I did multiple things a few days, I think you could do as many as you had money for).
Old 06-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #2336
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I shall bend my knee to Renly.

I thank you.

ACCEPT JOFFREY AS A BANNERMAN
Old 06-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #2337
Danny
Head Coach

So game over right?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #2338
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I admire this game being run in the true spirt if Martins sense of urgency to finish things.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #2339
Autumn
Head Coach

lol

And Lathum played the part of the reader who ducked out early because he couldn't handle it.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #2340
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
(I did multiple things a few days, I think you could do as many as you had money for).

(Well, what the &#@#. That would have changed some things for me. I was bitching every day about having to decide what to spend the money on. No wonder I lost.)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #2341
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. Yeah, I spent gobs of money every day on everything. There isn't a poor orphan or cripple left in all of Winterfell. Every province I had was upgraded to the limit. I couldn't spend it fast enough in later stages of the game.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-25-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #2342
Autumn
Head Coach

I could have sworn we had to pick one thing a day, but I don't see that in the rules now. Unfortunately Chief was so swamped with PMs he probably never noticed me hemming and hawing over what to choose. I often didn't improve land, for instance, because I was hiring mercenaries.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #2343
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. Yeah, since I couldn't buy assassins, I just threw cash everywhere.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #2344
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Heh. Yeah, since I couldn't buy assassins, I just threw cash everywhere.

why not?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #2345
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Part of my role - I was immune to assassins, but couldn't buy them either.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #2346
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Disappointing that my half-everything brother succeeded and that Stark and Stannis both ended up on the Wall instead of in the ground. Very disappointing that Balon Greyjoy proved that Theon had inherited his courage and strength of fortitude from his father. At least the Lannisters remain in Casterly Rock.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #2347
MrBug708
Head Coach

Winning early was very bad for CW
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #2348
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Heh. Yeah, I spent gobs of money every day on everything. There isn't a poor orphan or cripple left in all of Winterfell. Every province I had was upgraded to the limit. I couldn't spend it fast enough in later stages of the game.

I was doing upgrades early but got in a gold crunch with all the donating to the poor to offset the honor hits. Then by the time I started accumulating gold it was less important since the battles were approaching.

I didn't hire any assassins per se, though I did give Joffrey 30K in gold for the faceless man. Cersei set that up with me anyway and I assume with the others.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #2349
saldana
Pro Starter

So is it over?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #2350
path12
Coordinator

I think so. I don't know how much more Chief could take.