Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #2301
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'll leave teh thread while I am still cool and calm.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #2302
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I object to that line of reasoning. Vote for me because you cant decide, vote for me because I asnt scanned by RA, whatever. But that's a real life thing. I placed all of my votes last week early because I was out during the evening and rarely around during vote time. That's real life, not WW. Make your vote about the game.

I never lie about rl stuff in a ww game. That's my credo, so here you go. I was intending to be out for the night so I voted early. Period.

Make your vote in game.

For the record, I never considered whatever your reasons were for putting that vote in early. I never mix rl with ww.

I am voting for in-game reasons. Like hoopsguy said, Hyperion was more or less the reason for the early deadline. I am assuming he gave the heads up to all the Titans.

Telle wasn't able to vote. You were.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #2303
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I never brought up anything about your reasons for putting your vote in, Anxiety, so don't make it personal.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #2304
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I never brought up anything about your reasons for putting your vote in, Anxiety, so don't make it personal.

I know, so I am telling you my reasons now, since you seem to indicate they were for in game reasons, I am now telling you no, go bark somewhere else.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #2305
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll leave teh thread while I am still cool and calm.

Note that unlike some famous WWers who are dead, I usually know when to LEAVE THE THREAD

Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 PM   #2306
st.cronin
General Manager

I submitted my night action to block Arlington Colt's actions, in the event that he did not get lynched. So, nothing happened with me last night.

I see its between Anxiety and Telle. I'll check back in tomorrow and see if i can figure it out.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:19 AM   #2307
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, interesting day to say the least. Not sure what to make of it, and not sure I trust any one of you either. I'll think on it some.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:01 AM   #2308
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am likely to be away all day again tomorrow (although I won't be stoned this time--umm, you know what I mean...), so I need to put in a vote right now. I may or may not be able to change it, and I want something in place just in case.

This is tough, because I can see both sides. In the end, what matters to me is that RA was who he said he was, and he felt good about Telle. Plus, I know her role is in the game, and her abilities just sound like they are what they should be. Finally, she (and I) were definitely on the block to get lynched on the early deadline day. I just don't see the Titans ending that day there with her life on the line.

And while I acknowledge I was forced to use my ability on hoops, I was never told who nor told it was an Olympian/good guy that did it. I have to guess Anxiety did use his ability on me, considering he was waiting for me to respond the night he did it. But that doesn't clear him--just gives him an abilitly. I suspect we are being led around by a mastermind here, a wolf who has used his "forcing" ability to great effect.

So while if I get back on tomorrow before deadline and am able to change for good reason, I will. But at this time, I have to go with Anxiety.

VOTE ANXIETY
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 AM   #2309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

When a player dies, they often see the game clearly, not bounded by the individual roles and how they color their eyes. All of the now dead olympains see the obvious: I am Ares.

telle was cleared by a seer who was twice wrong, that's not much. Her ability allows her to plant information while also killing, with no proof that she is using it, or using her Ap to kill. If I am misdirecting, i must not have many AP left to kill, right?

My abilties also make sense for my role, so there's no raeson to go with telle over me on that score. You also know my role is in teh game, so why even bring that up? In fact, since you are the ONLY ONE who knows these roles, why aren;t you convinced that I am not a titan?

Hold on a second.

Folks, let's look at CR a bit more closer here.

He claims that he has proof that both my role and telle's role are IN THE GAME. So why vote for me? If CR is not lying, then why would he vote for me? In fact, CR, if you have scanned for every role, then shouldn;t you know by now which of the remaining player sis not in the game?

But you don't, do you?

By your own admission, you have scanned for Ares, yet here you are voting.

Unvote Telle
Vote Chief Rum

I ask that my brethern join me in this vote.

Remember that CR is a titan that counts in the titan win condition, even if he ends up good, so his death today could give us a tomorrow. No other death would give us a tomorrow - we either lynch a titan and win, or lynch a god and die.

CR has contradicted himself, let's use this to our advantage.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #2310
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Barring two evil titans and killing one today, that would be the only other scenario taht keeps the game going.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #2311
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In fact, I have used the CR knows Ares is in teh game defense on several occasions. If CR was in error, why not speak up then? Why move a vote off me in teh final waning moments of a major vote where I am under teh gun?

Only one of two reasons, you knew Ares was int eh game, which you claimed, so then why vote for me now?

Or, you are trying to end the game immediately by following the lynch patterns and jumping on me.

You just erred CR.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 AM   #2312
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Sorry, missed this. Yes, I can.

On Day One, I decided it was most important to see what Titans were in the game. I actually assumed Cronus was in the game, so I didn't query him. Turned out to be smart because path died that day anyway.

I queried the next four on Alan's list on page one: Coeus, Crius, Hyperion and Atlas. All but Crius came back positive. I only used 1 AP on my vote.

I figured there were four Titans, so seeing path come up Cronus means the three remaining Titans were Coeus, Hyperion and Atlas.

On Day Two, I attempted four queries again, but got nothing back because of King Triton. For some reason, him showing up blew my action points all to hell.

On Day Three, I queried Achilles, Ares, Hephaestus and Asclepius, all some of the reveals that had happened. All came back positive, which means I had new trust in those players claiming those roles, so long as they weren't countered.

On Day Four, tonight, most of my role requests were usurped to query hoops' role. I only had one point left, and Alan used it on the first role I listed: Odysseus.

You'll note the clearing of Ares here.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 AM   #2313
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My guess is that when I redirected you at hoops, you really did kill him. Despite the poorly worded pm to the contrary, I am now convinced that you are an evil titan.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #2314
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
You'll note the clearing of Ares here.
Caught in a lie.

Unvote Anxiety
Vote Chief Rum

Five Points.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #2315
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Chief Rum is not the evil titan. I maintain that Chief Rum is Medusa.

Triton's horn affected CR's action points by his own admission. Triton's horn should only affect monsters according to the information that I received (specifically said "not titans, olympians, or humans).

This is why I am certain CR is Medusa (unless there was a error in my PM, in which case a correction of that by Alan would be nice before we get too late into the day, because that's a huge assumption i am making based on the information i was given).

If CR is Medusa then his whole list of who is in the game becomes suspect.

***although wait***

CR claims that only on one day were his actions affected by Triton. And according to my knowledge, it should have affected him for 2 days. So perhaps he is covering something up there?

For me it boils down to Anxiety vs. Telle at the moment. I'd be curious to look at what Anxiety and Telle claim to have done when Triton was around.

I find is curious that Anxiety is pushing so hard at CR. Let's remember that we have TWO bad people in the game, Medusa + Titan, although they likely cannot coordinate.

I need to think on this a lot more today.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #2316
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Unvote ChiefRum

I am so confused. I vote where you vote, DT.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #2317
Telle
College Starter

Not that I mind the vote of confidence Neon.. but I feel that I should point out that I did not miss a vote. The day of the early deadline I put my votes in on Schmidty early, and maxed them out, because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get on again after leaving work. Although I'm still not sure how I didn't end up lynched myself.. as I was certain that the way RendeR was gunning for me he would have bumped up his votes.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #2318
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you see what i mean though Neon?

That's why I've been onto Chief as Medusa since he said that. If Triton's horn affected him then either he's Medusa or Alan made an error and should correct it so we are working from correct information.

Could Anxiety be the last titan and be pushing us towards Medusa? Could be. I'd honestly more suspect that he'd try to push us towards an Olympian in order to maximize the damage done, but maybe this way he figures he can buy another day by delivering Medusa?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #2319
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Both Telle and Chief Rum are claiming to have the ability to basically...figure out what roles are in the game. How did we not see this before?

Chief was stone...he can't be the last Titan. Anxiety knew that last night, he said that last night. So now why is he so sure that Chief is the last Titan? And Chief admitted it, he said "Anxiety must have forced me to use my action on myself." - thus admitting that his action was turning himself to stone.

this last titan that's left...what sort of powers would he have? would he have the ability to "bounce" things like that?

It's either Anxiety playing a very good wolf game, or Telle playing out of her mind as a wolf.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:41 AM   #2320
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
you see what i mean though Neon?

That's why I've been onto Chief as Medusa since he said that. If Triton's horn affected him then either he's Medusa or Alan made an error and should correct it so we are working from correct information.

Could Anxiety be the last titan and be pushing us towards Medusa? Could be. I'd honestly more suspect that he'd try to push us towards an Olympian in order to maximize the damage done, but maybe this way he figures he can buy another day by delivering Medusa?

Well Anxiety was first trying to push the vote towards me. Looks like when he saw that that was starting to fail he decided to try to push it towards Chief instead since lynching Medusa would be better than getting lynched himself.

For what it's worth, I never bought Chief's story and have figured that he was Medusa since his reveal. I noticed that he was claiming a similar ability as mine, but didn't really think much of it 'cause his whole story seemed full of shit so that was just a piece of it.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #2321
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

On thing that bugs me... Chief Rum delivered us Racer, though.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #2322
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

*One thing
Old 10-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #2323
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah I haven't been able to figure that out myself. He's a monster so we have no idea what his victory condition is.. so it may have been something he needed to do or may have been a move to gain trust. Then the question is, does he know who the Titans are, or does he have some mechanism that allows him to find out, or did he just make an educated guess? I was hammering at him pretty hard after his reveal.. so it could have been a desperate move to get the spotlight off of himself.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 AM   #2324
Telle
College Starter

Oh and I thought I already put my vote in but it looks like I didn't actually do so..

VOTE ANXIETY
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #2325
Telle
College Starter

Vote count as of 2324:

Telle - 1 - DaddyTorgy (2266)
Anxiety - 2 - Chief Rum (2308), Telle (2324)
Chief Rum - 1 - Anxiety (2309)
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #2326
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE TELLE
Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #2327
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

still need to think
Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #2328
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

DT, where do you think st.cronin stands? Are you sure that he is good?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #2329
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Both Telle and Chief Rum are claiming to have the ability to basically...figure out what roles are in the game. How did we not see this before?

Chief was stone...he can't be the last Titan. Anxiety knew that last night, he said that last night. So now why is he so sure that Chief is the last Titan? And Chief admitted it, he said "Anxiety must have forced me to use my action on myself." - thus admitting that his action was turning himself to stone.

this last titan that's left...what sort of powers would he have? would he have the ability to "bounce" things like that?

It's either Anxiety playing a very good wolf game, or Telle playing out of her mind as a wolf.

Because Chief was cauht in a blatent lie, and telle wasn;t. I'm switching gears for that simple reason.

Am I still suspicious of telle? Absolutely. But I never know what game mechanics are running around out there. I assume that a stoned character couldn't act while stoned, but what if they can, and the stoning just lass during the day. What if CR has anacomplice but is the evil titan I know beleive him to be. Let's ferret that titan out tomorrow and nail CR right now.

And maybe there is no medusa in the game, but as a titan, CR can control medusa as an ability. That chanegs all of our math.

I never know what rules are behind that game and how they change some of my operating assumoptions, but I know that I caught CR in a lie. That's where we should push.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #2330
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The wolves have been very ballsy out here this game. The AE/Racer fight was pretty good. Why do no think they would not continue, especially if there were three wolves left as some of you suspect.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #2331
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We should have figured this out sooner, CR has "cleared" all of our roles in the thread. He should have just laid low and shut up and he wouldn't have tweaked my radar.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #2332
st.cronin
General Manager

I do like the evidence Anxiety has brought out against Chief Rum. That CR gave us Racer doesn't sway me much in his favor - Racer was not taken out by CR, and was not really a lynch candidate that day, so it could have been a safe, smart play for a wolf to make.

What bugs me, though, is the kill of RA. I think that points at Telle more than anybody else. CR was, presumably, stoned at the time, and not capable of killing anybody. I don't know that for sure, and maybe somebody can clear that up if I'm wrong.

VOTE TELLE

I'm not 100% on this.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #2333
Telle
College Starter

Why do you feel that the kill of RA points to me?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #2334
st.cronin
General Manager

Because far and away the most likely target for his scan last night was Anxiety, but if Anxiety is a Titan, after two bad scans in a row, who cares? If I were Anxiety I would have let him scan me, and just voted for him if he came out guns blazing. Heck, after AC came up good, we were probably going to lynch RA today no matter what he said.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #2335
Telle
College Starter

But if I was the Titan, then what reason would I have for killing him either? Wouldn't it be better for me to keep messing with his scans.. or not, to then really screw with him? Killing him wouldn't give me any more advantage as a Titan either.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #2336
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
But if I was the Titan, then what reason would I have for killing him either? Wouldn't it be better for me to keep messing with his scans.. or not, to then really screw with him? Killing him wouldn't give me any more advantage as a Titan either.

Since he cleared you, and you vouched for him, and it was possibly going to be RA vs. Telle today - killing him and having him revealed as good should presumably make you a bit more trusted.

I realize it's a weird play no matter how you slice it, it just to me makes NO sense for Anxiety to have done it, but a little sense if it was you.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #2337
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

st.cronin, are you still able to block one persons' votes?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #2338
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If I were a Titan I would have killed DT and then given NC a lie about my ability not working instead of the truth I told him last night.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #2339
Telle
College Starter

Yeah but since twice as many of his scans that weren't me were wrong than were right, him coming up good doesn't buy me as much trust as it otherwise would. But I can see your point that I did theoretically benefit in some small way by his death.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #2340
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
If I were a Titan I would have killed DT and then given NC a lie about my ability not working instead of the truth I told him last night.

Except you need more than just DT's kill to win. And if he ended up dead last night then we REALLY would have been on you today. So a safer bet would be for you to take down one other Olympian first, and then kill DT tonight for the win.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #2341
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My first vote today would have been RA. Fool me once, won;t fool me again sorta thing.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #2342
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
st.cronin, are you still able to block one persons' votes?

Yes.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #2343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no killing me please.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #2344
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
no killing me please.

Well if we don't manage to get the Titan with this lynch then you're likely dead tonight and then the game's over and we lose.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #2345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i don't wanna lose.

i've played such a goddamm good game.

path, ardent, racer.

now which of you bastages is the last titan?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #2346
Telle
College Starter

Well I think it's Anxiety.. but he says it's me. We all know who you are, and you've vouched for st.cronin. Chief has got to be Medusa, even if he won't admit it. And there's an outside chance on Neon, but nobody else has claimed to be Achilles so I think it's very unlikely to be him.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #2347
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I am going to reitirate that ArlingtonColt was the most useless player for this game, just for giving up.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #2348
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am going to reitirate that ArlingtonColt was the most useless player for this game, just for giving up.

I'd prefer you to stop beating this horse.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #2349
RendeR
Coordinator

I know I'm dead and all but I have to second Anxiety here. Stop with the rudeness level NC, make your point a little more diplomaticly.

Yes I fully understand the weight of the irony involved here.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #2350
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I know I'm dead and all but I have to second Anxiety here. Stop with the rudeness level NC, make your point a little more diplomaticly.

Yes I fully understand the weight of the irony involved here.