Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #2301
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
"Since it's a personal issue, we won't speculate on it, but given the cause and effect of the statement and Jarrett 'taking time off', one does have to consider the timing."

I don't think that writer knows what speculate means.

So this is kind of like the Sullivan/Woman/Benoit thing, in reverse.

Jarrett missed his first PPV since TNA started last night. He hadn't even missed a PPV when his wife died. It's been rumored for a while Dixie Carter isn't happy with Jarrett and wants to buy him out. This could potentially be the end result, which would probably also mean Vince Russo and Dutch Mantell being ousted as well as they're Jarrett guys.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #2302
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Jarrett missed his first PPV since TNA started last night. He hadn't even missed a PPV when his wife died. It's been rumored for a while Dixie Carter isn't happy with Jarrett and wants to buy him out. This could potentially be the end result, which would probably also mean Vince Russo and Dutch Mantell being ousted as well as they're Jarrett guys.

I can see them wanting to buy Jarrett out, but what does that have to do with Karen Angle? Or is that part just speculation by that writer who's not speculating on that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #2303
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I can see them wanting to buy Jarrett out, but what does that have to do with Karen Angle? Or is that part just speculation by that writer who's not speculating on that.

The story goes Kurt Angle on Bubba's show a while ago said Karen was having an affair with someone in TNA but wouldn't say who. Apparently Dixie Carter knew (according to rumors) it was Jarrett because she is close with Kurt and he told her which turned their tension into a huge rift. Now Jarrett, who was apparently supposed to do all the backstage segments Foley did last night, doesn't show up and apparently it seems like he could be out the door.

So basically, Dixie loves Kurt. Jarrett screwed Kurt (and Karen). Jarrett pissed off Dixie, and now everyone knows about it.

This could be the best thing to happen to TNA in a long time if he and his cronies do leave, but I won't believe it until I see it.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #2304
molson
General Manager

Quote:
The story goes Kurt Angle on Bubba's show a while ago said Karen was having an affair with someone in TNA but wouldn't say who. Apparently Dixie Carter knew (according to rumors) it was Jarrett because she is close with Kurt and he told her which turned their tension into a huge rift. Now Jarrett, who was apparently supposed to do all the backstage segments Foley did last night, doesn't show up and apparently it seems like he could be out the door.

So basically, Dixie loves Kurt. Jarrett screwed Kurt (and Karen). Jarrett pissed off Dixie, and now everyone knows about it.

This could be the best thing to happen to TNA in a long time if he and his cronies do leave, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Are people saying Jarrett caused the divorce? Or was she a free woman when all this went down?

It's just odd that this is a big deal. Wrestlers generally seem pretty casual about things like relationships (Hardy/Lita/Edge/Val Venis's sister/Austin/Debra McMichael/Steve McMichael). And Kevin Sullivan gave Chris Benoit his best WCW push after Benoit stole his wife.

Though I guess I can see Angle considering his ex-wife off limits to anyone on the roster, or the entire industry.

Last edited by molson : 07-20-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #2305
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Are people saying Jarrett caused the divorce? Or was she a free woman when all this went down?

It's just odd that this is a big deal. Wrestlers generally seem pretty casual about things like relationships (Hardy/Lita/Edge/Val Venis's sister/Austin/Debra McMichael/Steve McMichael). And Kevin Sullivan gave Chris Benoit his best WCW push after Benoit stole his wife.

Though I guess I can see Angle considering his ex-wife off limits to anyone on the roster, or the entire industry.

Honestly if it is true, I suspect it's mainly a way to oust Jarrett and nothing more. I doubt Angle cares considering he is apparently dating one of the TNA Knockouts now. No idea which but I know it's been said before. I just think this is the perfect way to paint Jarrett into a corner and get him out of there.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #2306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I doubt Angle cares considering he is apparently dating one of the TNA Knockouts now.

Unless there's a new one in the picture now, you're probably referring to Rhaka Khan aka Trenesha Biggers, who came into the company as one of Steiner's Freaks but that relationship reportedly fizzled after a couple of months.

I really don't see Jarrett being ousted as any reason to hope for anything to improved since Carter is the one who not only brought Russo back but also the one person in the company who seems obsessed with hiring former reality show D-listers and putting them on the payroll at the expense of, you know, people who can actually wrestle.

The best description I've read yet was the one that described Carter as only interested "playing wresting dolls with real people".

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #2307
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Watching Wrestling With Shadows for the I don't know how manyeth time on the Documentary Channel. Just seems sadder every time I watch it I think, impossible not to notice how many of the guys are dead. Hell, there's even a clip of an old match featuring Dino Bravo.

What a fucked up business.

edit to add: In case anyone wonders why on earth I'd watch yet again, it's actually the first time my son has watched it from beginning to end. He's seen it in pieces but has never gone from beginning to end with all the context, so here we sit.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-25-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #2308
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

.... Words cannot express how bad the DX bits were today.

They were "Searching for Cactus Jack" bad. They were "Leslie Nielsen looks for the truth about the Undertaker" bad.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #2309
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
.... Words cannot express how bad the DX bits were today.

They were "Searching for Cactus Jack" bad. They were "Leslie Nielsen looks for the truth about the Undertaker" bad.

I think you made a typo there SirFozzie, you accidently said "bad" instead of "classic":

Last edited by molson : 08-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #2310
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

To mangle Dr Seuss..

I mean what say, I say what I meant, those angles were horrible, 100 percent!

And OW, Jericho landed six or seven different types of wrong on that super RKO
Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #2311
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Kurt Angle train wreck continues!

Quote:
COMPLETE DETAILS ON KURT ANGLE ARREST
by Mike Johnson @ 3:00 PM on 8/15/2009

TNA champion Kurt Angle was arrested this morning after a female TNA star he was involved in, who had an active order of protection against him spotted Angle allegedly following her while she was at a Starbucks today.

According to a source at the Robinson Township, PA police department, Angle was pulled over after the woman he allegedly stalked called police.

The TNA champion was found carrying "a capped syringe and two vials of Human Growth Hormone Hygetropin" in his car. Angle claimed he had a valid prescription for the HGH

Angle has been charged with driving with a suspended license (stemming from his refusal to take a breathalyzer test during his DUI arrest last year, which is an automatic suspension), illegal possession of the HGH), breaking an order of protection and harassment.

PWInsider.com is keeping the identity of the female star confidential, although it should be easy to figure it out as he's mentioned her publicly in media appearance in the past, giving the impression they were no longer together. The woman in question is not Karen Angle.

I am told the Pittsburgh media will likely go with the story tonight on their evening newscasts.

Angle is scheduled to main event tomorrow's TNA Hard Justice PPV against Matt Morgan and Sting, but TNA has not returned PWInsider.com's requests for comment as to his status at of this writing.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #2312
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

awesome
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #2313
molson
General Manager

So who's the broad?

How can you have a protection order between two members of wrestling roster? I mean, they have different locker rooms, but aren't there a lot of common areas? It is this whole production back there to keep them separate? How awkward?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #2314
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
So who's the broad?

How can you have a protection order between two members of wrestling roster? I mean, they have different locker rooms, but aren't there a lot of common areas? It is this whole production back there to keep them separate? How awkward?

She could probably take him.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #2315
molson
General Manager

I can see him murdering her at some point (honestly, it wouldn't be a shock)....glad both her and the police are taking this seriously.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #2316
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

When Angle dies in a few years and Chris Nowitzki's group cuts open his brain, they are going to find all sorts of damage in there.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #2317
PilotMan
Head Coach

It can't be good pub for TNA though.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #2318
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. (AP) - Pro wrestler and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle has been arrested on charges of possessing a human growth hormone and violating an order of protection in suburban Pittsburgh.

Angle was arrested at about 7:50 a.m. Saturday in a Robinson Township strip mall parking lot. His girlfriend, who said she obtained a protection order about 1 1/2 hours earlier after the two fought Friday night, alleged that he had circled the lot staring at her as she sat in a coffee shop, according to a police affidavit.

Police said they found the human growth hormone Hygetropin in Angle's car, and the wrestler told them he had a prescription for the drug. He also told officers he had not seen the woman and was looking for a hotel because he was barred from his home.

Angle, 40, was charged with violating the order of protection, harassment, possession of drugs and paraphernalia and driving with a suspended license. He posted bail and is scheduled to appear for a hearing Tuesday on the drug and harassment charges and Wednesday on the charge of violating the protection order, a court clerk said.

Angle's phone number is unlisted. Messages left for attorney Michael Santicola, who has represented him previously, were not immediately returned Sunday.

Angle is a two-time NCAA Division I wrestling champion at Clarion University in western Pennsylvania. He won the 220-pound championship at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, defeating Iran's Abbas Jadidi for the gold medal, and has been a professional wrestler since 1998.

In September, Angle was found not guilty of drunken driving in Moon Township outside Pittsburgh. A motorist told police Angle had cut her off while leaving a bar parking lot.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 AM   #2319
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Summerslam was a surprisingly good show.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #2320
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Y'know, if someone woke up from a long coma & saw the last couple of minutes of Raw tonight they'd think they were still out of it & hallucinating.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #2321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The WWE Network?

Apparently that is Vince McMahon's next move within according to an article that ran in yesterday's Los Angeles Times

As medialifemagazine.com noted in their summary of the story "Talk about burying the lead" ... the mention of the new cable network doesn't occur until near the end of the article which focused mainly on the changes that have allowed the WWE to expand their appeal to both audiences & advertisers.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #2322
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmm - that'd be interesting to say the least
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #2323
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Y'know, if someone woke up from a long coma & saw the last couple of minutes of Raw tonight they'd think they were still out of it & hallucinating.
Saw the end and thought it was very odd to see those 4 together. Maybe a new stable forming?

And was I the only one expecting Vince to get drenched in something at the end?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #2324
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

They'd ask who the hell was the guy with DX and Vinnie Mac?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #2325
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
They'd ask who the hell was the guy with DX and Vinnie Mac?

Hahaha. A Cena-hater. How original.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #2326
SnDvls
Pro Starter

WWE star failed a drug test

Spoiler
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #2327
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In even more disturbing news, I just saw where it was confirmed earlier this week that Bryan Danielson has agreed in principle on a contract with the WWE and ROH has already announced the lineups for his farewell matches.

I'm happy for him that he'll probably be making more money from the deal but don't have much hope they'll do anything with him.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #2328
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Quote:
In even more disturbing news, I just saw where it was confirmed earlier this week that Bryan Danielson has agreed in principle on a contract with the WWE and ROH has already announced the lineups for his farewell matches.

I'm happy for him that he'll probably be making more money from the deal but don't have much hope they'll do anything with him.

Also surprised they haven't screwed up CM Punk too much. I really looked forward to seeing him perform in the WWE, but, sometimes he looks like a guy out of place in his surroundings.

Hopefully they won't ruin Danielson's debut too much or change his on air personality and ruin all that hard work he has done to this point.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #2329
Terps
College Prospect

That's also his second offense, but the suspension is only for 30 days (which is what they suspend for a first.)
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #2330
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
That's also his second offense, but the suspension is only for 30 days (which is what they suspend for a first.)

He was on that steroid/HGH distribution list, but that didn't count as a strike for anyone involved, because it was a year or two old, pre-dated the wellness policy, and also didn't involve an actual drug test.

It's obviously a flawed system, but for a self-imposed one, I'm pretty impressed by it. The fact that they publicly suspend anyone is pretty amazing, if you consider the history of wrestling.

And I would guess Danielson will be used as a lower-midcard kind of guy for about a year then leave. It will be nice cash and it will make him worth more on independent shows. But I give him maybe a decent 25% chance of doing more, because he does have a little charisma that might translate. There's a big difference between "small arena charisma" which a lot of ROH/indy guys have and "big arena/tv charisma", which seems to be getting rarer and rarer, even in the WWE. Danielson might have it.

Last edited by molson : 08-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #2331
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
He was on that steroid/HGH distribution list, but that didn't count as a strike for anyone involved, because it was a year or two old, pre-dated the wellness policy, and also didn't involve an actual drug test.

It's obviously a flawed system, but for a self-imposed one, I'm pretty impressed by it. The fact that they publicly suspend anyone is pretty amazing, if you consider the history of wrestling.

And I would guess Danielson will be used as a lower-midcard kind of guy for about a year then leave. It will be nice cash and it will make him worth more on independent shows. But I give him maybe a decent 25% chance of doing more, because he does have a little charisma that might translate. There's a big difference between "small arena charisma" which a lot of ROH/indy guys have and "big arena/tv charisma", which seems to be getting rarer and rarer, even in the WWE. Danielson might have it.

They pretty much have the best drug policy in sports, let alone sports entertainment.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #2332
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
They pretty much have the best drug policy in sports, let alone sports entertainment.

30 days for 1st offence vs. WADA 2 year ban?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #2333
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Best non-whackaloon drug policy then.

(I'm sorry, a policy that requires you to tell them where you will be for an hour each day THREE months in advance is a Whackaloon idea.)
Old 08-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #2334
AlexB
Pro Starter

That I give you - the Whereabouts rule is way OTT.

But the 2 years first offence, life ban 2nd offence is very much a deterrent (and I guess so is the Whereabouts, albeit a deterrent from doing the sport in the 1st place)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #2335
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from tnawrestlingnews.com

Quote:
TNA President Dixie Carter was a guest on the Live Audio Wrestling Internet radio show on Sunday night. Host John Pollock discussed TNA's current PPV formula of one event per month, Carter says she is not a fan of the monthly PPV format and she would like to see the formula shaken up.

"I'm not a big fan of monthly PPVs, quite honestly, but you have contracts that keep you held in and bound at times," Carter said. "We're definitely talking about trying to shake things up and do things differently in the future."

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-31-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #2336
molson
General Manager

So does she want more or less?

It's definitely a very stale format.

Creatively, I think 5 annual PPVs would work best, but you can't just leave that money on the table.

Maybe 5 big PPVs and then a weekly or bi-weekly regular PPV "show". Like a Saturday Night's Main Event from the 80's type feel, except on PPV. Or an otherwise unique weekly PPV type gimmicky show, like the original Shotgun Saturday Night.

Last edited by molson : 08-31-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #2337
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So does she want more or less?

Less, unless she's even bat shit crazier than we already know.

Their buy rates are reportedly abysmal (one recent event may not have even cracked five figures if the "insider" talk is right) and they've never gotten close to the six figure range.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #2338
Flasch186
Coordinator

Remember Wednesday night Clash of the Champions...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #2339
Mota
College Benchwarmer

The problem is that PPV's don't mean anything anymore. You get burnout so quickly of these wrestlers, you see them week after week, and then they have to put them in compelling matches every single month on PPV to boot.

The biggest issue with that is how quickly you exhaust all possible matchups. Now you're in 2009 and Triple H vs. anybody is BORING because it's all been done over and over again. Same with John Cena.

On Smackdown it's a bit different because they really elevated a bunch of guys recently, but having seen CM Punk vs. John Morrison twice already in the last month, how much will it mean when they try to build a PPV program around it?

I do appreciate the UFC way of booking. Sure they feed you a million PPV's a year, but you only see the guys fight 3-4 times a year at most so when you do see them it's special. Imagine if GSP fought on every UFC PPV and usually would fight the same guy 2 PPV's in a row, on nearly every "feud". They'd be in the same position as WWE and TNA in no time.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #2340
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Imagine if GSP fought on every UFC PPV and usually would fight the same guy 2 PPV's in a row, on nearly every "feud".

And in TNA's case, imagine if they kept feeding you PPV's with the Shamrocks & the Gracies circa 2009 in the main events.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #2341
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*Bwahahahahahahahahaha*.

Best Raw bit ever
Old 09-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #2342
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
*Bwahahahahahahahahaha*.

Best Raw bit ever

Maybe my expectations have been lowered or something but the HBK/HHH/Rhodes WCW stuff was just gold. We need more old-school nerdy references. Even if nobody in the arena understands them.

Oh, and Bob Barker is hosting RAW next week. I'm not sure what if any Price Is Right type-stuff they'll be allowed to use (they did use the Price is Right Theme Song tonight), but the possibilities there are just tremendous. Hopefully he'll come out with that little microphone and there will be a big wheel involved at some point.

Pretty decent show all-around tonight.

Last edited by molson : 09-01-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #2343
Atocep
Coordinator

I happened to catch the skit last night because my 7 year old has taken up an interest in wrestling and I have to say that one was pretty damn good.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #2344
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nigel McGuiness has signed with WWE. Good for him because his body was not handling the matches he was having in ROH. I was never a big fan of his stuff in ROH after he went face, then turned heel again, but he was great as Pure Champion and could be a nice addition to WWE. Good size, okay look, and has some mic skills.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #2345
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, I am going to guess that Claudio signs with WWE again and hopefully this time has his working papers in order, and Brent Albright will probably come back. I know some sites like the Observer and PWI have said there are a few guys, not just one or two, from ROH who they have interest in and those two to me almost immediately come to mind.

Also I need to implore everyone to check out Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. Rob Van Dam is going to be wrestling for them in January at a convention in California. Product wise it's the closest thing to ECW you'll get as there are some hilarious characters, some amazing pure wrestling, some great high flyers and some great brawlers. Every show is very diverse.

Actually tonight PWG has booked the best indy match I can think of in a long time, with Brian Kendrick & The Young Bucks vs CIMA & The Motor City Machine Guns. It'll be amazing. Anyone who has not seen the Bucks needs to because they've eclipsed the Briscoes as the best indy team out there.

To continue my plug, if you have InDemand go watch the 2 hour Dragon Gate USA PPV. It's like 10 bucks and the best wrestling PPV of the year. The Bucks are on it and steal the show.

Anyway, off my soapbox.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #2346
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

DTR - you gotta be shitting me re: Bucks.

I've never seen them look like anything more than 4th rate indy curtain jerkers in at least 3 or 4 matches. Seriously, I've never seen anything from them that would have gotten them past the mid-card for the HS gym indy that's serving as the feeder promotion for NWA-Anarchy these days.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #2347
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Nigel McGuiness has signed with WWE. Good for him because his body was not handling the matches he was having in ROH. I was never a big fan of his stuff in ROH after he went face, then turned heel again, but he was great as Pure Champion and could be a nice addition to WWE. Good size, okay look, and has some mic skills.

I think Nigel McGuiness can be a money player for the WWE if he is given the chance to rub shoulders with guys like Cena, Triple H and Co. As a heel this guy knows how to get under peoples skin. I think with his accent he will be able to get over fairly easily if given the chance.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #2348
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I hope Nigel likes the weather in Florida, 'cause I'd be shocked if he ever got any further than that on the WWE ladder. Maybe a short nuevo Regal run on ECW at the most before being sent back down to toil in even more obscurity.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #2349
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
DTR - you gotta be shitting me re: Bucks.

I've never seen them look like anything more than 4th rate indy curtain jerkers in at least 3 or 4 matches. Seriously, I've never seen anything from them that would have gotten them past the mid-card for the HS gym indy that's serving as the feeder promotion for NWA-Anarchy these days.

They were very very raw even as far back as a year ago but they have been on fire in PWG and then went over to Japan and became an entirely different team. If you have not seen them lately I advise you to check them out because it is night and day now.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #2350
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you have not seen them lately I advise you to check them out because it is night and day now.

It would have to be, they were closer to the Mulkeys than either era of Briscoes.