Could've used you...
Old 10-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #2302
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
JOIN EGYPT MISSION

Reading

Perhaps one of the time-traveling folks in your ranks may be able to aid you with this?

Deadline was 3PM CST
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #2303
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I would note that the White Queen was the one besides myself to order an attack on Colossus this morning. Circumstantial evidence, I recognize.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #2304
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - orders and attacks issued by the White Queen stand.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #2305
Mimic
High School JV

Oooo...didn't lose multi-quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Galactus fire twin beams out of his eyes that strike the form of the HumanTorch - who is suspended in air and writhes in pain for several moments. He transforms before you eyes, taking the shape of the Thing, then Mr. Fantastic, next the Invisible Woman, and finally a quickly-shifting amalgamation of each of these characters. Finally, the attack relents and the body - now in the form of an enlarged Skrull - falls to the ground lifeless.
Evidently the SuperSkrull's win conditions were to prevent Galactus from eating the planet and something must've triggered his attack. This perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I've got a bad feeling about this...sorry big guy.

Nova Blast Kang the Conqueror
That being said, Kang was the last one to attack the Destroyer, and thus was the killing blow. Remember this mission would last until we defeated the destroyer. In that case, what did the Human Torch mean about a bad feeling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
There is entirely too much stuff going on for me to answer completely in a timely manner.

I believe the SuperSkrull was on our side (at least that of against Galactus). I don't know why he attacked Kang (will get to that later) but I think the Herald is still in our midst.

I think we can clear the following of being the Herald:

Attacks on the Destroyer:
Magneto #1362
Quicksilver #1364
Hulk #1368
Punisher #1373
Mimic #1380
Vision #1398
Kang #1399

Mission #2 (which was not sabotaged)
Hulk
Human Torch
Silver Surfer
Colossus
Gambit
Jean Grey

Cleared by Human Torch:
Silver Surfer
Silver Samurai
Colossus
Scarlet Witch
Apocalypse
Hulk
Mimic
Cable

The Beast was attacked so that leaves:

1. Nightcrawler
2. Emma Frost
3. Ghost Rider
9. Professor X
10. Mr. Fantastic
11. Iron Fist
13. Henry Pym
17. Dr. Doom
19. Firebird
22. Aardwolf
23. Nick Fury
25. Spider Man
Below is my amended list of people we should look at as being the Herald. Obviously the first three are no longer on the list.
Quote:
Sorry, must've missed it. Then that's good as it leaves us one less person to worry about.

Reposting amended list:

1. Nightcrawler
2. Emma Frost
9. Professor X
10. Mr. Fantastic
11. Iron Fist
13. Henry Pym
19. Firebird
22. Aardwolf
23. Nick Fury
25. Spider Man
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #2306
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

This is most disturbing. My list of suspects grows longer, and I fear the traitors' influence over us grows. We must catch a traitor tonight. Who then will it be. To my mind both Colossus and Scarlet Witch draw fire, but how much is combative personalities and how much treachery?

Aardwolf defies my orders and then takes apart in an abortive mission which results in the death of Doom's prelate. Sabotage?

Others fly under the radar. Iron Fist, Cable, Punisher, Nick Fury. They seem to hope to escape attention, yet draw the eye of Doom.

And then there are those former prelates, Doom knows some of them must have served the rebels. Mimic seems to have redeemed himself by some accounts. What of Jean Grey, Kang and Silver Surfer? At least one belongs dead at the feet of Doom.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #2307
Cable
Mascot

Guys, guys, guys. It looks like the rebellion is really kick our asses. We need to get a bad guy tonight. I'm still wondering about Mimic, but there are others more suspect.

STANDARD ATTACK COLOSSUS
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #2308
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Quiksilver was the first one into the throne room, but that's it. I believe aardvark is mistaken and it was SilverSurfer that heightened him but he might know better than me.

This is correct. I misread the PM, I saw Silver and got it mistaken. That means I take back my incorrect asumptions post. I mistaken thought I read QS had heightened my powers and then entered the room but it was SilverSurfer and then QS merely entered the room and did nothing else.

I continue to question QuickSilver's loyalty. Running into a room and standing there while Mimic does his thing is not exactly helping.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #2309
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Iron Fist arrives too late to stop the death of his prelate. A classic move of treachery. Firebird, Iron Fist both failed to act today. Perhaps one of them must pay the price, to prevent further treachery in the night.

Quicksilver seems to have not helped the cause despite going, perhaps it should be him.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #2310
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Frankly, I'm looking at Scarlet Witch today. It sounds like her powers could've made the difference today in the Egypt mission and while she helped the Galactus mission by switching (later in the day) she could be aiding her own cause there.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #2311
HenryPym
Mascot

I would think I should be removed from the list of potential Galactus Heralds's after being the first hero to make him take a step towards his ship. And from my reading of the mission recap again, I think Scarlet Witch had something to do with my success.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #2312
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I have many suspicions about Iron Fist, my darling Scarlet Witch, Mimic (still, but he does seem to have redeemed himself at least a bit), and Jean Grey. I also, to some degree, believe Colossus is not being forthright with our contingent. In the interest of supporting those of you in whom I do have some trust, and with the thought that it may take a lot of damage to eliminate the armored warrior, I choose to:

STANDARD ATTACK COLOSSUS
Old 10-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #2313
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
This is correct. I misread the PM, I saw Silver and got it mistaken. That means I take back my incorrect asumptions post. I mistaken thought I read QS had heightened my powers and then entered the room but it was SilverSurfer and then QS merely entered the room and did nothing else.

I continue to question QuickSilver's loyalty. Running into a room and standing there while Mimic does his thing is not exactly helping.

I thought about that too, but the description was not really all-inclusive. Like what did Emma do? Anyhow, I thought about him running ahead to warn, but obviously they knew we were coming since we had to fight through the eyeless ones.

Anyhow, I'm out for a bit.

STANDARD ATTACK COLOSSUS

Based upon what I've heard from him today, either he's getting his stories mixed up or he's not loyal.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #2314
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Order Punisher to Guard Emma Frost, the White Queen

My body shall go on the mission to Egypt but I shall not commit to the mission as I have to previous ones, because, quite frankly, I think it's someone else's turn.

Commit to Egypt Mission

Prelate Vision -- might I recommend changing your guard from myself to the Punisher? I am deeply, deeply saddened that his original task cannot be fulfilled.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #2315
SilverSurfer
Mascot

My take:

I was able to use the Power Cosmic to heighten Aardwolf's senses so that he could detect the lair. We ran into a legion of eyeless zombies.

Colossus makes a path through them that Quicksilver goes through while Aardwolf attacks the zombies.

Quicksilver gets to the throne room, there's a 30 foot statue of Khonshu that is shooting black bolts. Mimic comes in as a giant form and starts beating on the statue.

Khonshu changes to a serpent and starts to crush Mimic. Mimic changes to a army of smaller clones. Khonshu transforms to a cloud of bats, everything goes dark, loud and confusing and the next thing we know the statue is gone and Emma Frost is gouged to death.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #2316
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Aardwolf defies my orders and then takes apart in an abortive mission which results in the death of Doom's prelate. Sabotage?

If I had not been there the results would have been even worse. Your orders seemed to split up the forces instead of putting the majority on the rebellion mission where it should have been. The importance of that mission was clearly shown. You have already proven to be a traitor once and I question your loyalties. It seems that you are leading sheep to the slaughter.

I will fight the rebellion with everything I have. I call on those who want to defeat this rebellion to join me in the fight. We can defeat them but must get a victory with our next attack. I am willing to change to either QuickSilver or Collossus with tonight's attack. Both still draw my attention and concern. I feel that QuickSilver is the one we need to concentrate on but both may be the way to go.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #2317
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
I would think I should be removed from the list of potential Galactus Heralds's after being the first hero to make him take a step towards his ship. And from my reading of the mission recap again, I think Scarlet Witch had something to do with my success.

Very true. I just multi-quoted from over a day ago, so you should also be off that list. Do you agree with the thought process?

Really, I gotta go pick up our food for my hungry kids.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #2318
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Guys, guys, guys. It looks like the rebellion is really kick our asses. We need to get a bad guy tonight. I'm still wondering about Mimic, but there are others more suspect.

STANDARD ATTACK COLOSSUS

Do you have some further evidence of my so called treachery? Or are you simply following badger-boys lead?
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #2319
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
with the thought that it may take a lot of damage to eliminate the armored warrior

I had not thought of this, Prelate, but you are likely correct. I must depart for the evening, and will not return until after night falls.

[ooc] With regard to the weekend, I can generally only check in late in the evening. Being much of a contributor would be difficult. Eliminating my drone, however, might be attractive to some. Or many [\ooc]
Old 10-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #2320
Colossus
n00b

And there goes the bandwagon, based on...nothing. YAY team.

As someone mentioned to me earlier, the body count is starting to pile up, lets not add to it by removing me.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #2321
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

STANDARD ATTACK SCARLET WITCH
Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #2322
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Very true. I just multi-quoted from over a day ago, so you should also be off that list. Do you agree with the thought process?

Really, I gotta go pick up our food for my hungry kids.

yes I do agree with the thought process with your list. Doesn't mean its right, but i agree with it.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #2323
SilverSurfer
Mascot

My attack goes towards the one I've suspected for days unless requested otherwise by Lord Doom.

STANDARD ATTACK JEAN GREY
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #2324
Colossus
n00b

I have things to tend to, I shall return later.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #2325
HenryPym
Mascot

I have to say that I think the evidence against Colossus is flimsy enough that I won't be attacking him tonight. I also do not think we should be attacking Scarlet Witch because I do think she was helpful on the Galactus mission.

I could be up for an attack on one of the original prelates. Lord Doom what are your thoughts about Jean Grey now that two of our telepaths are confirmed good (and dead)
Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #2326
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I will let the chips fall where they may as we consider this new evidence. For now I will say:

UNATTACK SCARLET WITCH

The Witch has at least expended her energy for today, and while not cleared by any means, I turn Doom's eyes elsewhere. There are many who evaded action today. Iron Fist and Firebird remain free to act tonight.

Firebird and many others seem simply not to be around. Iron Fist, you are there though. Can you provide any reason that Doom should not blast you with all his might?

Otherwise, Doom may act with his minions in targeting Colossus. He is impudent if not treacherous.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #2327
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:

Others fly under the radar. Iron Fist, Cable, Punisher, Nick Fury. They seem to hope to escape attention, yet draw the eye of Doom.
Doom,

I don't fly under any radars. I destroy them. I'm here and was willing to defend Emma to my death. I serve you and only you. I want this rebellion squashed and done with so we can sit back and rest.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #2328
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
I have to say that I think the evidence against Colossus is flimsy enough that I won't be attacking him tonight. I also do not think we should be attacking Scarlet Witch because I do think she was helpful on the Galactus mission.

I could be up for an attack on one of the original prelates. Lord Doom what are your thoughts about Jean Grey now that two of our telepaths are confirmed good (and dead)

Galactus is an enemy to the traitors too my man
Old 10-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #2329
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Jean Grey has been on my list of suspects, indeed, Henry. Many are, but I agree that we must look to some of the former prelates and she seems most likely of them to me.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #2330
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Prelate Vision -- might I recommend changing your guard from myself to the Punisher? I am deeply, deeply saddened that his original task cannot be fulfilled.
I live to serve. Allow me to take his place. Anyone after you or me will certainly have something else to worry about.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #2331
Punisher
High School JV

At least in the night phase.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #2332
Punisher
High School JV

Lord Doom,

Who do you wish for me to attack? My time is fleeting. I'm due to kill numerous gang members in about 10 minutes.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #2333
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

though I am not certain about the attack on Colossus, if you are going to be gone, Punisher, I would direct your attack there. Many people have targeted him already and we must at least assure that we lynch one of our suspects or fear Galactus's wrath.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #2334
Punisher
High School JV

As you wish. Unfortunately, this is a large gang and will likely take me until 9-10pm Central time to destroy.

ATTACK COLOSSUS
Old 10-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #2335
IronFist
n00b

Out of character: Sorry, I am having a real hard time keeping up with the mid day deadlines. I don't have the time to hit it that hard in the middle of the day and different times for deadline each day makes it hard too. It just makes me look like I am doing things I don't want to do. I have PM'd the mods to see if they can find someone to replace me.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #2336
IronFist
n00b

I will also place an attack ( I won't be back before deadline)

STANDARD ATTACK ON COLOSSUS

No real reason other than Doom has not picked a suitable target after the Witch.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #2337
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

ooc: thank you for the response Iron Fist. I was thinking of targeting you but wondered if it was just that.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #2338
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I must attend to affairs of state and may not return until night. For now this is the best Doom can do.

DOCTOR DOOM ATTACKS COLOSSUS WITH MAGIC

I see no reason to waste my magic elsewhere, and several intuitions make me think we are making the right move here.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #2339
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Jean Grey has been on my list of suspects, indeed, Henry. Many are, but I agree that we must look to some of the former prelates and she seems most likely of them to me.
I have to say this frustrates me. You shoved me aside today away from where I could have been of help, away from the Egyptian mission because of your suspicion. And that failed. I followed your orders.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #2340
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

If Doom doesn't want the Witch that's fine, but I don't think bandwagoning the big fella is wise. I know this paints me poorly in what my reasoning is, but with Mimic showing well in the mission I think I've got a 50/50 crack here.

REVOKE ATTACK SCARLET WITCH
ATTACK JEAN GREY
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #2341
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

And with that, I be out.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #2342
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I will let the chips fall where they may as we consider this new evidence. For now I will say:

UNATTACK SCARLET WITCH

The Witch has at least expended her energy for today, and while not cleared by any means, I turn Doom's eyes elsewhere. There are many who evaded action today. Iron Fist and Firebird remain free to act tonight.

Firebird and many others seem simply not to be around. Iron Fist, you are there though. Can you provide any reason that Doom should not blast you with all his might?

Otherwise, Doom may act with his minions in targeting Colossus. He is impudent if not treacherous.

Thank You, Lord Doom. I regret that the mission did not go as planned.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #2343
JeanGrey
Mascot

Activate Telekenetic shield
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #2344
JeanGrey
Mascot

Attack Colossus

Lying as a villager is something to be very careful about. That care doesn't seem present here.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #2345
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I follow my leader and

standard attack Collosus
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #2346
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Can someone give me the reason for the votes on Jean Grey? I don't know that I understand why people are voting her? It seems pretty much that Colossus is dead at this point though, and even though I don't really do much damage, No sense in putting someone else closer to death if there is no realistic chance for a lynch and it would only help the rebels.

Standard Attack Colossus
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #2347
Beast
n00b

My Lord Doom,

It is with the greatest regrets I am capable of expressing that I was unable to fulfill your wishes today and assist in the daily assault on Galactus. My attentions were divereted in a manner that did not allow me to meet your request [ooc]I never got a chance to read the board from work. My department got a new person added, and I had her shadowing me for the entire day, including my lunch break, where I normally catch up[/ooc]

Please accept the humblest apologies of your servant.

Also, the Manipulator has informed me that my attack against the witch cannot be enforced, as it was outside the chronological parameter of this day. As a result I have been requested to reexpress my choice.

Her failures of today do nothing to defray my beliefs that we succeeded against the sentinels with out her assistance.

Standard Attack Scarlet Witch
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #2348
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Nick Fury reporting back, and I apologze for not being around to aid that mission. I'll join up with one of the two next time, whichever seems more important.

I'm going to stick with my gut from yesterday as it looks like the big man has enough votes on him at this point.

STANDARD ATTACK Jean Grey
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #2349
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Can someone give me the reason for the votes on Jean Grey? I don't know that I understand why people are voting her? It seems pretty much that Colossus is dead at this point though, and even though I don't really do much damage, No sense in putting someone else closer to death if there is no realistic chance for a lynch and it would only help the rebels.

Standard Attack Colossus
It's because I messed up the protect order back on Day 2.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #2350
Mimic
High School JV

Catching up now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Doom,

I don't fly under any radars. I destroy them. I'm here and was willing to defend Emma to my death. I serve you and only you. I want this rebellion squashed and done with so we can sit back and rest.
Nice RP, but little else here. You were ordered to do this...other than that this whole statement means nothing.