Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2021, 09:48 PM   #2301
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Eh, they wouldn't have harmed THEM, just the OTHER guys.
No, they were clearly targeting Pence, and other alleged traitors, and the GOP knows this enough they're warning members they'll risk facing violent threats if they stand up.

The GOP aren't just cynical opportunists, they're scared of the shadows they enabled. Just like when the KKK was targeted by comics portraying them as bumbling idiots we should be pushing memes and narratives painting all of these enablers as the cowards they are.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:04 AM   #2302
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I kind of have the feeling that absolutely nothing will happen as much as people think. Maybe there WAS going to be something happening big but at this point maybe it will be just a bunch of trolls waving stupid signs and yelling how much they "own" us.

Really the whole trump and mitch and rep game is monopolize all the attention especially if anyone else has the attention and it's positive attention....get it, grab it back and make it all negative. Well they have that. And it sucks that I don't even think the national guard and cops will be ready to just go out there and start arresting people the way they did to all the women that protested cavanaugh or the BLM crowd.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #2303
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I mentioned a number of pages back that one of the protesters is the main member of metal band Iced Earth. That's him on the picture up on CNN.com right now (angry dude in blue). Funniest meme I've seen so far was "Jon Schaffer is person of interest for the first time since Iced Earth released Horror Show." That would be about 2001.

Interestingly, the next album after that (and last one I ever listened to from him) was a concept album recounting the Revolutionary War called The Glorious Burden. Probably takes on a different connotation 15+ years later.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:58 AM   #2304
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I am having a hard time wording this clearly. Does anyone have an example of someone facing charges of incitement after giving a speech to a crowd that went on to riot like this? I am sure there are some, but I would really like to see some examples.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:08 AM   #2305
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I heard that theme, along with false equivalences on BLM protests, this isn't Biden's let's unify etc.

But the one that did give me pause is re: we are rushing through this, we haven't heard any testimony etc. and this is setting up a bad precedence. I agree with this. If this was year 3, I would want the due process. Because we are -6 days and counting, I am supportive of this impeachment but it does give me pause.

"Rushing" through anything is a joke from assclowns who rammed Amy Coney Barrett through 8 days before an election.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:11 AM   #2306
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Not sure if this the right thread, but it appears Veritas might have found actual evidence of election fraud in San Antonio

The clips I’ve seen seem to be mixed to helping Dems & Republicans, but it seems the person most linked was Mauro Garza, who lost, and was a Republican (you all probably knew last bit TBF!)

San Antonio Woman Exposed by Project Veritas Arrested on Voter Fraud Charges | The Texan

Although Veritas seems very shady, and the released video is clearly edited highlights, she apparently admits knowing her services are illegal, and to be charged there must be something there, and on the face of it it seems she offered a bipartisan service

So I’ve been trying to work out why this isn’t bigger news, and can only think that in actual fact it’s a one-woman con merchant who is trying to make a quick buck, rather than there being any evidence she actually did provide thousands of votes?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:15 AM   #2307
Butter
Coordinator

Because no one trusts "Project Veritas"
Old 01-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #2308
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Also, most everyone agrees that some voter fraud exists.

The false allegations that caused the insurrection were that voter fraud in the 2020 election was systemic or that it altered the outcome.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:27 AM   #2309
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I am having a hard time wording this clearly. Does anyone have an example of someone facing charges of incitement after giving a speech to a crowd that went on to riot like this? I am sure there are some, but I would really like to see some examples.
Just from a little investigation it looks like it would be near impossible to have anyone on that dais actually convicted of incitement. https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law...-speech-ruling
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:54 AM   #2310
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

Or Ken Paxton.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #2311
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Also, most everyone agrees that some voter fraud exists.

The false allegations that caused the insurrection were that voter fraud in the 2020 election was systemic or that it altered the outcome.
Well, and the circumstances...

It was someone trying to help an R, and the R lost anyway, so there's a "big flippin' deal" element to it for everyone. Also...

Most Republicans aren't going to point it out because it's one of their own trying to cheat.
Most Democrats aren't going to point it out because it'd imply giving legitimacy to Project Veritas
Old 01-14-2021, 08:03 AM   #2312
Edward64
Head Coach

I really don't know what the big deal is. We all go through metal detectors, body scans at the airport. Pelosi's intent may be punitive with a "I'll show'em" but just as long as all congresspeople have to do this, not a big deal.

I will say I do not know what the layout is but would want congresspeople and staffers to have their own line to expedite movement (like how flight crews get their own line at airports).

Just some crybabies. I wonder what the fine is for the 3rd+ offense is, hope it ramps up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/polit...ety/index.html
Quote:
GOP Reps. Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma and Steve Womack of Arkansas yelled at Capitol Police when they were forced to go through the metal detectors. Womack shouted, "I was physically restrained," and Mullin said, "it's my constitutional right" to walk through and "they cannot stop me."

Pelosi on Wednesday proposed a new rule imposing stiff fines on members who refuse to follow new security rules. The fines -- which will be deducted from members' salaries -- will be $5,000 for the first offense and $10,000 for the second offense.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-14-2021 at 08:04 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:05 AM   #2313
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This may have been raised on this thread earlier, but TX Lt. Governor Dan Patrick offered a million dollars for evidence of voter fraud, and 3 people who voted their dead relatives for Trump were charged in Pennsylvania, and a Dem Congressman is trying to collect (for charity). Not surprisingly, he hasn't paid up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:09 AM   #2314
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Most Republicans aren't going to point it out because it's one of their own trying to cheat.

It also shows that any sort of large scale voter fraud would almost certainly be caught. Because even Mickey Mouse stuff like this ends up being caught.

But it is in the GOP's interest to make voter fraud seem like an actual problem b/c they can then advocate for voter suppression measures by dressing them up as voter fraud prevention measures.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:13 AM   #2315
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This may have been raised on this thread earlier, but TX Lt. Governor Dan Patrick offered a million dollars for evidence of voter fraud, and 3 people who voted their dead relatives for Trump were charged in Pennsylvania, and a Dem Congressman is trying to collect (for charity). Not surprisingly, he hasn't paid up.
It's not a congressman, it's Pennsylvania's Lt. Governor, and he's awesome...

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. Fetterman relentlessly trolls Dan Patrick seeking $1M voter fraud bounty - HoustonChronicle.com
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:23 AM   #2316
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I really don't know what the big deal is. We all go through metal detectors, body scans at the airport. Pelosi's intent may be punitive with a "I'll show'em" but just as long as all congresspeople have to do this, not a big deal.

I will say I do not know what the layout is but would want congresspeople and staffers to have their own line to expedite movement (like how flight crews get their own line at airports).

Just some crybabies. I wonder what the fine is for the 3rd+ offense is, hope it ramps up.

Law and order party! Until it inconveniences them of course.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #2317
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
It also shows that any sort of large scale voter fraud would almost certainly be caught. Because even Mickey Mouse stuff like this ends up being caught.
It shows that to you and me, but not to folks I know who are much farther right. Every stray Democrat who gets caught cheating, it's "SEEEEE!!!! THEY JUST CAUGHT THIS ONE PERSON TRYING TO VOTE TWICE!!! OBVIOUSLY MILLIONS OF OTHER DEMONRATS ARE GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!"
Old 01-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #2318
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Nothing says unity like filing for impeachment on Jan 21st.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:33 AM   #2319
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I kind of have the feeling that absolutely nothing will happen as much as people think. Maybe there WAS going to be something happening big but at this point maybe it will be just a bunch of trolls waving stupid signs and yelling how much they "own" us.

My office building is 2 building down from the NC state capitol.

Raleigh PD is in contact with building management, who passes any information on to tenants.

As of this morning, RPD has no information regarding any planned activity near the NC capitol building.

Which isn't to say it won't happen. But with the #BLM protests and counter-protests, they were pretty good about knowing what was coming.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #2320
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Re: States, I agree.

I do think there is a higher risk for violence at the inauguration. The safe choice is for Biden to hold it inside but I believe the right choice (optics for the country, for the world) is to hold it outside.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:56 AM   #2321
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

I do think there is a higher risk for violence at the inauguration. The safe choice is for Biden to hold it inside but I believe the right choice (optics for the country, for the world) is to hold it outside.

I agree that the inauguration is a high risk target and likely will see something maybe this weekend at the capital. The states like Michigan, Georgia,Arizona; Washington, Pennsylvania and Oregon are likely going to see violence.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:13 AM   #2322
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder how these dopes who stormed the capitol feel about Trump saying they aren't his real supporters.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #2323
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wonder how these dopes who stormed the capitol feel about Trump saying they aren't his real supporters.

My guess is 80% of them know Trump didn't really mean it, and he was forced to do it because of politics.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:29 AM   #2324
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:

They probably just make up another conspiracy like it was a fake video or he was forced to say those things by the deep state and flashed them a sign to show he's still with them.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:55 AM   #2325
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

According to the article, the metal detectors are outside the door to the House floor. Only congresspeople and staffers are going or should be going through there anyways. One way to speed the process up in for members to not do their best to set off the detectors every time they walk through as some members decided to do the other day. The metal detectors are a physical manifestation of the distrust members of the House have for one another.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #2326
molson
General Manager

Quote:
My office building is 2 building down from the NC state capitol.

Raleigh PD is in contact with building management, who passes any information on to tenants.

As of this morning, RPD has no information regarding any planned activity near the NC capitol building.

Which isn't to say it won't happen. But with the #BLM protests and counter-protests, they were pretty good about knowing what was coming.

Is your state capitol secured and open to the public? Ours doesn't have any security and anybody can go in, with the agencies just having their own keylock entry in their offices. And there's only a couple of agencies there, it's mostly conference rooms. You could even protest in it, but I think they just lock the doors at night, and nobody's ever thought to break in. And it's better to protest on the front steps where you can be seen.

I'm kind of wondering if the Trump mobs will try to "take it" on inauguration day, what that would entail exactly, and whether its worth it to even have more than regular stand-by protest security there, and ability to respond if they start vandalizing cars or something.

We've had all kinds of protests all over the city since around May, and they've all really just been big social events. No significant police interaction, no particular nefarious goals by protestors. I wonder if the Trumpers have launched, a different, much more dangerous "goal-oriented" type of protest where they have to do something tangible.

Edit: Your post also reminded me that many years ago I had many beers with some North Carolina Assistant Attorney Generals at a CLE in Arkansas. They were so much more fun than the people I work with.

Last edited by molson : 01-14-2021 at 10:45 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #2327
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Our capitol is basically a symbolic/historical building.

The General Assembly meets in the Legislative Building, which is a few blocks away.

The Governor's Mansion is a few blocks away in a different direction.

Our General Assembly is GOP. Our governor is Democratic.

If I were trying to lead either a symbolic protest or a "goal-oriented" takeover, I'm not entirely sure where I would direct it. Which is why I suspect that there will be some folks with signs on the 20th and not much else.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-14-2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:26 AM   #2328
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I've been thinking about what I would want to see from GOPers and I've come up with this list:

1 Declare that Biden won a free and fair election
2 Admit that Dems are not trying to literally destroy the country
3 Urge supporters to stop showing up at political protests armed for war

None of this is legislative and none of this is unrealistic(like demanding support for a new Voting Rights Act). If the GOP is serious about unity and healing(I know, I know) this would be a good beginning.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #2329
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

Did you not hear the coded message? He said ‘I cannot emphasise... no violence’

That was his green light - he would have said ‘I cannot emphasise enough... no violence’ if he wanted peaceful protest.

Probably.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:47 AM   #2330
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I hope it is inside. The chance of a loner taking a shot at him is too great.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #2331
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I wonder how much White House furniture Melania and Donny are going to steal and or destroy...

Moving day is a-comin'!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-14-2021 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:20 PM   #2332
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I've been thinking about what I would want to see from GOPers and I've come up with this list:

1 Declare that Biden won a free and fair election
2 Admit that Dems are not trying to literally destroy the country
3 Urge supporters to stop showing up at political protests armed for war

None of this is legislative and none of this is unrealistic(like demanding support for a new Voting Rights Act). If the GOP is serious about unity and healing(I know, I know) this would be a good beginning.

Considering it was reported a bit ago admitting defeat is a non starter for Trump, and a maniac Q lawmaker plans on bringing articles of impeachment against Biden on 1/21 because of Hunters laptop, I would say your goals are ambitious.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:23 PM   #2333
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't expect it to happen, but I think they are reasonable demands after what happened.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #2334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't expect it to happen, but I think they are reasonable demands after what happened.

reasonable is an extremely relative term in this situation
Old 01-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #2335
Atocep
Coordinator

Q is so desperate for some sign of the awakening they think Trump used his hand to send them a morse signal in his allearance.

Q isn't going anywhere any time soon but I'm curious to see how many break off after the inauguration.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #2336
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Confederate flag guy arrested. Good luck ever getting a job again
Old 01-14-2021, 02:55 PM   #2337
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Confederate flag guy arrested. Good luck ever getting a job again

He'll be an Alabama state judge in no time.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:03 PM   #2338
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
He'll be an Alabama state judge in no time.

Please. It's not like he was molesting high schoolers. His ceiling is county court judge.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:08 PM   #2339
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Please. It's not like he was molesting high schoolers. His ceiling is county court judge.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions...
Old 01-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #2340
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Considering it was reported a bit ago admitting defeat is a non starter for Trump, and a maniac Q lawmaker plans on bringing articles of impeachment against Biden on 1/21 because of Hunters laptop, I would say your goals are ambitious.

So, I'm listening to The Coming of the Third Reich by Richard Evans. About 8 hours in and I've finally reached the introduction of Hitler. It's obviously depressing hearing history repeat itself, but it's pretty clear Trump phase studied Hitler more than anything else he's studied.

The main takeaway for Trump seems to be the only way to have successful propagnda is to appeal to the stupidest person in the audience, speak in extremely brief sentences, use buzzwords, and never compromise on anything you say. Just say it loud and never admit a mistake.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:31 PM   #2341
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Trump just declassified a bunch of 'Obamagate' shit according to Lou Dobbs & John Solomon so he still has some crazy juice left and refuses to just roll over. All of the Qtards on Twitter think "it" is finally happening.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-14-2021 at 05:40 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:49 PM   #2342
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Trump just declassified a bunch of 'Obamagate' shit according to Lou Dobbs & John Solomon so he still has some crazy juice left and refuses to just roll over. All of the Qtards on Twitter think "it" is finally happening.

Good timing to release any damaging info you might have AFTER you’ve lost the house, senate, and presidency.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #2343
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

I'm ok with this. I also hope Biden responds by declassifying a bunch of crap from the Trump & Bush admin.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:23 PM   #2344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm ok with this. I also hope Biden responds by declassifying a bunch of crap from the Trump & Bush admin.

dems don't work that way
Old 01-14-2021, 08:38 PM   #2345
Edward64
Head Coach

#4 seems closest but he won't have to be physically removed ... so doesn't look like we have a winner?
Old 01-14-2021, 09:00 PM   #2346
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
I wonder how much White House furniture Melania and Donny are going to steal and or destroy...

Moving day is a-comin'!

Not surprised.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #2347
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
#4 seems closest but he won't have to be physically removed ... so doesn't look like we have a winner?

20th isn't here yet
Old 01-14-2021, 09:43 PM   #2348
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hah! I'm not declaring anything until after Biden takes the oath and survives the day.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #2349
rjolley
College Starter

Saw this on Twitter and everyone, conservative, liberal, or what have you, should refer to it: A Thread from @JonahDispatch: "Having just heard the 5,000th Trump apologist pundit make the same argument(s), I feel like venting. So, [...]"

TL;DR: Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-14-2021 at 10:00 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:14 PM   #2350
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Saw this on Twitter and everyone, conservative, liberal, or what have you, should refer to it: A Thread from @JonahDispatch: "Having just heard the 5,000th Trump apologist pundit make the same argument(s), I feel like venting. So, [...]"

TL;DR: Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it.

This has been the out for the right for a while. Anything that there opponents do or might do makes the same behavior fair game for them. Remember during the Bush2 admin and all of the talk about torture being justified because that's what the terrorists do. It's gotten to the point now where everything is excused and they don't even need anything to happen. Their opponents are so vile and evil that anything the GOP does would, obviously, be done by the opposition if they had the chance.